4.4 out of 5
Do you work for namecheap?

namecheap Reviews & Product Details

namecheap Reviews

1-50 of 92 total namecheap reviews

namecheap Reviews

1-50 of 92 total namecheap reviews
namecheap review by Alfonso A.
Analista de sistema

"very cheap and useful!"

What do you like best?

The support is formidable, that is, the live chat is online at all times, and it will always help you, this is one of the main reasons why I chose Namecheap. With them the domain is commercialized at a very economical price compared to other services. The security possibilities are great, and you can even add a two-factor authentication in case you need additional protection. And finally you can choose from a variety of payment options for this service.

What do you dislike?

What I see as negative of NameCheap is that the web space is limited. The email accounts are also very limited, and this is a big problem when you need to have a large team to work on the web portal. Finally there is little availability of domains.

With Namecheap we have the security of our domain names and get a professional and reliable email hosting so that we can maintain communication with our clients and have the different websites that we need (despite being scarce). With them we can manage our web pages in a reliable and convincing way.

namecheap review by James J.
System analyst

"Very nice hosting tool"

What do you like best?

Namescheap is a very reliable hosting tool, it has no problem with the support service. In fact, support is usually my favorite part of using NameCheap. They also usually have promotions without leaving aside the good service. One of the pretty important things about them is that they can install any open source CMS.

What do you dislike?

In Namecheap your connection speed is somewhat low, the web space is restricted. Also, limited email accounts for startup plans, and this is a big drawback when you need to have a large group to work on a web portal.

We use namecheap to manage our domains in a more effective way. The prices are at par or more economical than other alternatives, and I think that the interface of namecheap is easier to navigate than that of its competitors, you do not need any type of training in this regard. It is practical and profitable, in addition to their projects are up to what is demanded.

namecheap review by Morgan T.
Marketing Manager

"Competitive standard pricing with complete domain settings"

What do you like best?

The Namecheap domain management panels give us the ability to set all the major settings including the A Record, CNAME and forwarding URLs. The way the settings are presented is very user friendly with concise descriptions next to each setting. Namecheap offers many types of domain extensions that include the latest trendy ones and obscure ones. When we search for a domain name, I like that we are shown a full list of available extensions and their prices.

What do you dislike?

After lots of searching, I haven't been able to find many promotional deals for Namecheap domains. There are other domain registrars that offer far cheaper introductory deals. So though Namecheap does provide some of the better standard pricing, it would be nice for them to have more coupon codes or special offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All domain name registration companies basically offer a simple service, but since it's a service that often takes hours or even days to enable after settings changes, you want to make sure you dealing with a reputable company that can respond to issue quickly. I think Namecheap can be a trusted company you can count on.

We host many marketing and company domain names through Namecheap. We haven't had any critical problems with Namecheap regarding down domain names or other performance issues. Since their domain management features are so straightforward, we don't have to spend much time dealing with complicated configurations. Though I can often find answers online, whenever we need further assistance, the Namecheap support team has been very helpful.

namecheap review by Alfonso A.
Ingeniero de desarrollo de software

"Very Cheap for us!!"

What do you like best?

One of the aspects to have a consideration in NameCheap is a price, and that is practically what you have to take into account in a tool such as the one offered by the commodity market, such as the registration of domain names. It is also very simple and intuitive to use, you do not need to have more knowledge of the interface to be able to handle it.

What do you dislike?

I do not have much to say about the negatives of NameCheap, since my experiences with it have been generally satisfactory, however, customer service by phone is not very productive. You do not have many alternatives when choosing the domain name since many of the options are being used.

With namecheap we were able to manage our web pages more fully. We also changed to this service for the economic and useful that it was for the company at the time of paying especially the hosting. They offer us a lot of services in a very efficient way.

namecheap review by Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums and Institutions

"Hands down my favorite domain registrar"

What do you like best?

Don't let their name fool you into thinking they're just a discount domain shop. Yes, their pricing is excellent, but this is an excellent company offering excellent services. But beyond pricing, the dashboard for domain management is elegant and simple to use. I can log in and renew domains in just a few minutes --the renewal process is fast and easy. They revamped the user interface a few years ago, and it has been a joy to use ever since. It's a better interface than other ones I've used, namely GoDaddy, Network Solutions, and eNom. Also, they also offer free distributed DNS for your domains, which means you don't have to manage name servers for your domains. Just let them do it.

What do you dislike?

I have many domains that I manage, and it's annoying when I sign in that in order to see all my domains, every time, I have to click the "View all domains" button. Also, when you set up redirects, it's not easily understood what kind of redirect you're setting up by default: 301 vs 302. I'm still not sure. I think the default is 302 Temporary. It appears you have to explicitly choose 301 on the "Advanced DNS" tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be sorry. They're constantly adding more TLDs and improving the interface.

We initially saved a lot of money migrating our domains from Network Solutions. I also like that Namecheap offers early-access to some TLDs before public launch. Many registrars don't offer that.

namecheap review by Aileen Z.
Redacción de contenidos

"Cheap and reliable: the best domain's buy option in the market"

What do you like best?

When you need to register a domain for a new website, Namecheap is exceptionally cheap, and they also give you discount coupons that will sugarcoat the deal even more. The interface is user-friendly, and you will be able to configure everything fast, as everything is intuitive as it best. You can also install WordPress directly without the need of using any third party software.

If you are confused because you don't have technical knowledge, Namecheap has your back, as the customer support and the IT team are always ready to help you and guide you through the whole process, as they care about you and they show it. They go as far as offering you a refund, no question asked, if you still are in your grace period, even if your case was solved, and that's something to keep in mind, as their only goal is to keep clients happy.

And, if having a cheap, trustable and safe domain isn't good enough, they add you one year of free domain privacy.

What do you dislike?

Even when the domain registry service of Namecheap is at its best, the hosting service is just not that good; their connection speed is somehow low, there is a limited web space. Also, limited email accounts for the starter plans, and this is a big problem when you need to have a big team working on a website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Namecheap is your best option for registering a domain without using a lot of money, but you will want to have a third-party hosting as the one that Namecheap offers is not the best option.

Namecheap is the best option to have our client's domain registered fast and without exceeding the budget that they have, which make the creation of websites process lot easier for everybody.

namecheap review by Morris M G.
Information Technology
Consumer Services

"Complete solution for domains and hosting, at the best price."

What do you like best?

Namecheap is the best service for buying domains, hosting, servers and other services in the cloud at the best price, it is incredible the prices offered by this site, compared to others that provide the same features, but charge a lot of money, I have acquired super cheap domains from $ 0.90 to perform different tests of sites on the web, also its hosting service is the cheapest on the entire web, to be so cheap, has the same characteristics of other sites, a Cpanel, with all the necessary features, to mount all kinds of projects on the web.

What do you dislike?

Some domains, with known extensions are a bit expensive, to find domains at a good price, you should use another type of little commercial extensions, which are directed to personal projects, but at the time of giving them a commercial use, for companies, businesses or stores, you have to pay a high amount for them, also the renovation is somewhat higher, and does not take into account, the antiquity of any customers, for which there should be special offers.

We can save costs in web hosting, without detracting from the quality of the services offered online, we also have available hundreds of domains for less than 1 dollar, to try different business ideas, we have in mind, without spending hundreds of dollars, here we can do tests, almost free, with domains and independent servers, even insignificant price.

namecheap review by Richard C.
Admin

"One of the Cheapest option"

What do you like best?

Namecheap sells the domain at a very cheap rate compared to other services. The flat rate is not just on some of these domains, but you can see that they are offering huge discounts on a wide range of domains.

The support is outstanding, I mean their live chat is online all the times, and they always help you out, this is one of the prime reason why I chose Namecheap. They have really little spam messages and still sent out domain updates. The security options are excellent, and you can even add a two factor authentication in case you need extra protection. when making a purchase on Namecheap you can choose from a lot of payment options including cards and PayPal, one of the options I found very convenient to use is the ability to pay your bills with bitcoins which become a trend last year, and I was able to pay the bills on time when there was a problem with my card.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much here, I would really appreciate it if they can offer some discount on TLDs like .com and .net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well this is one of the most reliable domain registrations services there and i recommend you to try them

Namecheap provides domain registration services, they offer a wide range of TLDs to choose from including the latest gTLDs

namecheap review by Christian T.
Christian Taylor

"An expert with domains and hosting!"

What do you like best?

Namecheap is the best domain registrar I've used. The panel is simple and intuitive and their 24/7 support team is helpful. Namecheap has also been rock solid reliable for website hosting and their Private Email Hosting service!

What do you dislike?

Their 24/7 support team often takes 20-30 minutes to solve basic issues. Also, their prices aren't the most competitive but they are still reasonable compared to places like GoDaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and reliable web host, email host, or domain registrar, I would highly recommend Namecheap. If you are looking for the cheapest prices, they won't be for you. If you are looking for quality service that is worth paying a bit extra for, Namecheap is the best out there.

Namecheap allows us to secure our domain names and get professional and reliable email hosting so we can communicate with our customers and have the various websites and URLs we need.

namecheap review by Wilfred P.
Ingeniero de software

"A good place to work"

What do you like best?

I like it a lot because it is one of the best websites to register domains. It is easy to use and its prices are quite cheap without any additional charges in addition to having a 30 day money back guarantee. NameCheap also provides email, a website creator, SSL and 24-hour technical support.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you have very limited disk space, only SSD accelerated in most plans. I would also like the hosting plans to be a bit more efficient. When talking to support sometimes you get automated responses it's not cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use, in addition to practice and economic, their plans are up to the competition. I can also recommend the customer service which is always active and waiting for any questions.

I was able to register my domain without any kind of delay or inconvenience.

namecheap review by Sergey I.
Owner
Building Materials

"simple domains registrator"

What do you like best?

I like a very easy interface and ordering process without too much upsells. They don't bother me with ads as well. Plus they started giving WhoiGuard for free, which is nice as everybody need it anyway.

They always have good promotions as well, so if you want to test some idea and need a domain for it, you can get it for less than $2 sometimes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it is too simple service to ask for more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want some simple service which won't bother you with endless upsells and email ads, it will be a nice choice.

Saving time and money, instead of using companies who are set too high prices and always trying to trick you into buying some useless stuff.

namecheap review by Josue F.
Consultor

"Namecheap Economic and Excellent Web Hosting Services"

What do you like best?

About 5 years ago I met Namecheap.com, I fell in love with their prices, nowadays, it is the main provider that has security solutions, they provide all the security certificates that we distribute in our company. At present our prices are even lower than the ones on the web since they have kind of an affiliate system, the more products you buy, the cheaper it is. I really like the platform since it is basically all automated from the customer control panel. It is very easy to use, it is not necessary to have so much knowledge to buy and manage your products and have a good knowledge base that can help you in anything, besides you have other options available to contact namecheap.

What do you dislike?

The only point that I do not really see negative because it is not at the level of product, but at the level of web version, that I would like it to be available in more languages, mainly in Spanish for Spanish speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you start using namecheap, I recommend you continue using it as a provider to lower costs in your new purchases.

Really what I solve with this is a cost issue, with the prices offered by namecheap.com I can offer a better cost in my country, and thus be able to compete with other local suppliers.

namecheap review by Martin S.

"Fastest server speed at very affordable rate"

What do you like best?

Free domain name and Comodo SSL for 1 year

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now but something facing issue with live support team

Recommendations to others considering the product

Namecheap is definitely one of the most simple interfaced websites I have come across. I came across this website when I was surfing the internet in the search of a suitable registrar and web hoster for my website.

Their prices were shockingly too low with apt disk space and domains available at cheap rates. They surely have taken their firm name seriously and kept the prices this low for registration of new websites. Nevertheless, I took the WordPress hosting with them and I was amazed at the easiest and quickest manner it got worked. The Wordpress setup and interface were all done within an hour, all that was required was uploading of content. Their easyWP provided me with quickly start with my website moreover, it was quite easy to maintain the website with their customer supported few guided clicks.

Though initially, they had various plan limitations they are modified them in recent times. With the mediocre level of customer support, they are enhancing it with time. With my decent associations with Namecheap, I would recommend it to anyone who desires more features in less budget. So, if your concerned about the price than NameCheap would be the best possible option to go for!

I added up more than 20 domains and all of them are still working smoothly.So SSD-Accelerated Disk Space is working fine

namecheap review by User

"Great domain registrant"

What do you like best?

I've had some times the occasional website went down and really just was only during a server update but their customer support has been very very proactive with reaching out to me and advising me that "your site's gonna go down since we're doing maintenance,but you will be well compensated for that matter"(the reason they do this is because they want to improve their service I guess),also quality of offered services like speed of connection is far the best in industry(Stellar Plan Plus),do not mention about all kind of promotion's.

What do you dislike?

Temporarily issue's when it comes to login and need to getting new password(happened to me at least 6 times),also not quite clear renewing cycle's system(still not readable in compare with old one) as well-you can't cancel just a few days before its expiry date as they want wait up to 65 days, which is nonsense, because sometimes customer cannot decide it's still being interested of keeping some domain two or three months before the expiration date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Management system for EasyWP

Getting domains for cheap prices,hosting problems

namecheap review by Alan T.

"best Domain Registrar"

What do you like best?

As far as pricing is con concerned, it's like the cheapest in the market. the domain pricing starts at 48 cents which is pretty awesome. also, they have a wide range of TLD's to select your perfect domain from, gives the user a great option for personalization. they also provide the cheapest option available for .ai domains which I find really helpful. all domains come with a free WHOIS guard to save the privacy of the user. the user interface is very clean and easy to navigate through, also they accept PayPal and bitcoins as payment options. as far as hosting is taken into account, the specifications all are unlimited and lets you offer many domains. another great perk of Namecheap is the security system, domain and account are really secured which gives you a feeling of security unlike most of the services out there.. Namecheap also got mobile apps which is really awesome, also they provide free SSH access to the servers and i find it really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the customer service is poor, they really take a long time to respond to your queries which can be irritating. I once had trouble with the free SSL that came with the domain and they said they don't have support for free SSL's provided and eventually i had to remove it from the site to keep it running. as for hosting, the servers aren't great at performance and can get laggy sometimes.;

Recommendations to others considering the product

its the cheapest option in the market for Domain Registration, go for it.

Web Hosting and Domain Registration.

namecheap review by Jeff S.
Owner/CEO Galaxy Mobile Network, LLC

"Namecheap is great as just what it does - Hosting Domains"

What do you like best?

For plainly hosting domains I have found Namecheap to be great. Their pricing is about the best you will find. The platform is easy to navigate and it makes managing DNS as easy as possible. The free domain privacy is not un-noticed either. It's a nice saving for those that use it.

What do you dislike?

I have used Namecheap for over 3 years and I really can't say that I have found anything to my disliking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a good home for your domains, then Namecheap will be hard to beat. It is a SImple platform focused mainly on domains. They do have hosting, premium DNS, etc. if you need it. I have been in and out of dozens of domain hosting platforms and have found Namecheap to be the best for what I am wanting. Simple domain hosting.

The biggest solution is that it keeps all of our domains in one place. Their notifications are timely, to avoid have any products miss a renewal.

namecheap review by Kevin D.

"Great Registrar, Average Host"

What do you like best?

The Domain Registration in Namecheap is cheap like dirt cheap. I changed to Namecheap mainly because of this only. they also offer a wide verity of Tld including the modern tlds. i once got a Domain Registered with them for just over 50 cents. another great thing about Namecheap is their Support, its just of Top Quality. they reply Quickly to your Queries. they also offer Bitcoin payments which are helpful as far as I'm concerned. The interface is Really great and easy to navigate around the site. another great thing about Namecheap is How they Install Wordpress on your server without any 3rd party additional plugins which can be annoying. also, they provide you with one-year Free Domain Privacy.

What do you dislike?

The Hosting is not up to the mark. it's great if you're Hosting small websites with minimum traffic. when you Scale up to more than 4-5 sites things get Complicated. the Memory Cap Provided by them is very low and can cause troubles especially if you're using too much PHP on your Website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its the Best place to register your Domains.

Domain Registration

namecheap review by Ebony T.
Brand and Website Strategist

"Nice Host Provider for Small Budgets"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I could get a website domain and hosting account for under $20! Other hosts have 1 year terms but expect to pay at least $60 for the year

What do you dislike?

It is not user-friendly at all. Luckily I am an IT professional and trudged my way through setting up. It would be really difficult for a beginner, and they should expect to talk many times to customer service for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just want a simple 5 minute set up I would not suggest Namecheap. It has a huge learning curve but if you're patient, Customer Service is very helpful. Great for saving money but you get what you pay for. Not the fastest servers and not a known hosting provider so there aren't tons of helpful forums about it.

Getting a self-hosted website for one year at an inexpensive rate.

namecheap review by Ivan M.
Technical Services

"Since I found Namecheap, I've been very happy with their services"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to buy domains there. The customer and technical support are more than 5 stars, they actually pay attention to what you're saying and they do their best to understand your requirement, it seems as if they never give you canned responses. They actually care about you and if your case is solved. If you need a refund, it's also no-questions-asked (so long as you're still in the refund period of grace). A big plus is that they make very clear what you're buying in your shopping cart.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pagination of the marketplace are doesn't work. Most of the time it doesn't. When you're trying to "fish" expiring or cheap domains in their marketplace, you might not get past of page 6 or so, so the pagination is broken or otherwise not working properly. To work around this you have to apply filters to really segment what you're looking for and/or is available to buy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy domains (or services) while you are logged in. If you're logged out that will just add friction to your checkout process.

They have a very fast and no-nonsense support. The checkout process is really friction-less, so if you're in a rush you can buy fast the domain you need. Tagging domains makes easy to manage your domain portfolio, specially if you have to take care of domain branding for your customers.

namecheap review by Andrea L. A.
LEAD GENERATION AND MARKETING STRATEGIST

"Tech Support! In 18 Years, No Other Hosting Company Comes Close..."

What do you like best?

I've been building websites since the 90's, and used so many hosting companies I've lost count. But I've never found any company whose tech support team was as knowledgeable, and well-prepared as Namecheap's.

When it's 3.00am, and you've been wrestling with some crazy website connectivity issue for the last 6 hours, you're hyper-aware you have to do the draft handover the final site to the client at 9:00am, and you finally give in and contact the hosting company to help you out, you really want the people you're chatting with on the other end to KNOW what the heck they're talking about! And Namecheap's staff somehow, always do.

I don't care about their website builder and all of that superfluous tosh; what I need is decent geeky nerds on hand who know what they're doing!

They're not the cheapest of the hosting companies out there, but a couple of dollars extra per month are definitely worth it for the quality and the great support. But you can always pick up a nice little discount on new hosting accounts and domain name purchases.

Don't cheap out when it comes to your business people!!!

Also, there's no denying they have the best up-time, and the simplest purchasing process in their class. I like that kind of convenience.

Finally, I rather like that they're involved in the fight to keep the web free and clear of external over-regulation.

What do you dislike?

I don't think that only providing chat and email support is the best; sometimes it's nice to talk with support, so a telephone support service would be nice to see.

Having said that, I've never had a support issue go unsolved, so I guess they don't need it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're worried about having one company be in charge of all of your online entities in case something goes wrong, buy your HOSTING with Namecheap, and purchase your domains elsewhere.

I need reliable, fast, secure hosting with constant up-time, and absolutely excellent tech support. Namecheap delivers on all counts, and have done for the past 6 years.

namecheap review by Kacper J.
Managing Director
Design

"Great prices, products and support are exactly why we're a long term customer."

What do you like best?

Namecheap has a hassle-free domain name search system, allowing easily find the right domain without the complexity of other providers. Prices are very reasonable, with coupons being actively promoted on their website and NO hidden fees or taxes. Their support team is very quick to respond, especially with their live chat system. After 6 years of use, they have never failed to resolve any issues within a matter of minutes. You can also integrate their API with your systems - we use this to sell domain names through our own website, delivering access and control of the domain to our clients through our own site and branding. It's also worth noting that their DNS servers are very quick to adapt, with the ability to get the domain pointed to a website within minutes of registration. WHOIS privacy protection is free for the first year, followed by a small fee, while SSLs can be purchased for under $3 USD with a new domain!

What do you dislike?

Other than the inability to change a username and some other account settings, we have no major issues with Namecheap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using any other companies, it's definitely worth the switch! They're helpful, reliable and most definitely affordable. They have never failed us or caused us to consider moving away.

Namecheap allows us to instantly register and access domains at very affordable prices. This allows us to get clients' websites up and running when needed.

namecheap review by Valentin B.
Physics Tutor
Semiconductors

"Namecheap is the best hosting and domain name provider"

What do you like best?

On the internet some people say that one can find other hosting and domain name providers that are better than namecheap. They are wrong. For buying domain names, namecheaap is simply the best! For hosting namecheap is better than 90% of the hostng providers. For me it is number one. Namecheap is a Russian company, and they have their data centers in Europe and USA. When you buy your hosing you can choose where your site is going to be hosted. Great if you have the site in english and hosted in USA. Namecheap is also the cheapest provider on the internet for the domain names and hosting. A com domain name is 10 USD, and the cheapest hosting is 10 USD. (if you renew it is 39.99 USD). No other companies have such cheapest hosting on the web. The speed of the hosting is in top 10% of the companies. And their support is great! You can call them at any hour and they will make the impossible to help you. You get to talk with young people, people that know to help you. So choose namecheap, although this is a Russian company is better than other dedicated hosting providers like HostGator or iPage.

What do you dislike?

For site speed there are some companies (dedicated hosting providers) that are better but this company is in top 10%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion namecheap is the best domain name provider and hosting company on the web. Some could say tthat you can have dedicated hosting providers but for the price, speed, hosting and support this company is the best!

I have my own website hosted on namecheap www.show-my-homework.com Namecheap is great for hosting.

namecheap review by Gracie D.
General Manager

"Not all Domain registrars are the same"

What do you like best?

The name says it all - It should not cost vast amounts of money to register a domain! I started with Namecheap.com from a search. I was able to register several domains for my business for less than $15.00/yr TOTAL! They are even a few dollars less on the more popular .com domain.

What do you dislike?

The domain management was not as intuitive as some of the competitors. However, once I found what I was looking for add A records was simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your comparisons first then go to Namecheap and you will see that they will save you money.

Nothing so much as business problem. I just needed to save money. I am a small business and I have to be vigilant with my dollars.

namecheap review by Thomas C.

"It isn't always the cheapest, but the prices are still pretty good"

What do you like best?

Namecheap has a search feature which makes it quick and easy to search for available domains. They offer wide variety of TLDs at a very reasonable price – hence the name. There are DNS tools that help you with domain settings to get you connected to web and/or email host. They offer SSL certificates and privacy settings so your contact info isn't public. There are online resources and articles to help you get started or figure out how to find and use certain settings.

What do you dislike?

They definitely don't offer the lowest deals on all domain names. You can find better deals with discount codes or promotions at other domain registrars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Namecheap is a reputable domain registrar with good value that I'd definitely recommend. Since quality of service for major domain registrars in general is about the same, I'd say just go with whichever one is cheapest.

We were able to register a domain with a trusted provider and didn't have any problem attaching the domain to our website. When we need help, we rarely have to get in touch with Namecheap support as they have plentiful and detailed documentation for most of their service features.

namecheap review by Collin B.
Freelance Web Developer
Media Production

"Best Hosting for entry price"

What do you like best?

Namecheap is a great hosting platform for simple sites and purchasing domains. Their user interface is simple and modern. Their cPanel is great and modern and using it to point DNS to the right folder is easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

They recently started having affiliates email you about verifying your SEO. it confused a few of my new customers as they didn't realize it was optional addons that they were being sold.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Namecheap is much more modern, and responsive than any competitor of its price. This is the perfect solution for anybody that wants to leave GoDaddy or network Solutions

Namecheap is great for new or young businesses or businesses that can't justify spending $30 a month on hosting.

namecheap review by Zachary S.

"Really cheap domain "

What do you like best?

I like that you can get domains for 48¢ for select T.L.Ds, and then even more T.L.Ds for just 88¢. Plus unlike GoDaddy,(which I use and they offer alot of stuff I use too, but lack this) they have a mobile app that you can manage your DNS settings from, and buy new domains.

What do you dislike?

For what it cost to buy a domain from their site, I can't really complain about it. They could update their systems though to be a little more modern, but there site and app are still effective now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product, there's always worth in being able to purchase TLDs that cheap.

I buy different domains for each marketing project I work on. With Namecheap I can but full domains, instead of just making sub-domains, and it doesn't break the bank.

namecheap review by Paul P.
Sr. Information Developer
Computer & Network Security

"A great price (and company) for domain registration`"

What do you like best?

I *love* Namecheap. There are many things I love about Namecheap. I've been registering domain names for more than 15 years, and for many years I was with that big company that makes controversial ads during a certain big football game. Now I'm with Namecheap, and I couldn't be happier.

First, Namecheap has great prices on domain registration. This is critical. I won't pay significantly more than I have to for domain registration. I'm very pleased with Namecheap's prices, which I find exceptionally competitive.

Second, updating my domains (and registering new domains) is drop-dead simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like it isn't as easy to find things as I would like. For example, if I'm in my account and I click on the Domains link in the menu, it brings me to a page where I can sign up for a new domain, rather than taking me to a place where I can manage all the domains already in my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices not only for initial registration, but for renewal. I can't find a better overall deal anywhere else. And the company is great!

I've been a paying NameCheap customer for several years, and I love working with them. It is the only place where I will register domain names and managing them is quite easy.

namecheap review by Dan O.
Managing Director
Internet

"Reliable Domain Name Partner"

What do you like best?

I’ve used them for 16 years, I trust them. Namecheap are reliable, cost effective and efficient. I have never had any serious problems with their domain name registration services.

If you’re connecting up your domain name to Google Mail, it’s really easy to do from an interface, you don’t need to mess about with the DNS records yourself.

It is relatively straight forward to manage your DNS registration from here, register your own hosted DNS.

What do you dislike?

They don’t have the functionality to properly manage Australian domain names (.com.au), performing tasks such as WHOIS updates for .com.au is not an easy task to complete with Namecheap

Namecheap may not be the ‘big brand’ that you’ve seen advertised on TV, on the radio, in newsletter or on large billboards, nor does it do crazy promotional deals, however in my experience and countless other webmasters it is reliable, trustworthy and efficient, with a good level of support.

It may be worth paying an immaterial couple of bucks more for domain name reliability in the grand scheme of things.

namecheap review by Jobsamuel N.
Javascript Developer

"A great option to buy your domains"

What do you like best?

I like a lot its Customer Support and the recurrent Domain offers. I used to buy my domains in GoDaddy until I had a bad experience with their service, so I tried Namecheap and I have no regrets. Let's me explain why.

First, their customer support. Few months ago, I was trying to buy a domain I bought the wrong one (yes, I made that mistake) and as soon as I realized that I ask for help. I told the whole story to the Customer Service and I ask for a change; I'd like to have the other domain name, not the one that I have just bought. They understood my problem, reversed the operation and let me to have the domain I wanted. And that took less than 10 minutes.

Second, their recurrent offers. I'm fascinated about their cheap domains, discount coupons and offers. Namecheap always have something great to boy without broke your bank account.

What do you dislike?

Their administration panel isn't the best one out there. I mean, it could have a better UI/UX or more options to configure a domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, It's a GREAT site to buy your domains and everything else you need to have a secure presence in the web.

I'm solving a simple problem: the presence of my startup in the web. And the main benefit I have realized of that process is that I could buy the domains and the SSL certificates without expending too much and having a great customer support.

namecheap review by Administrator in Computer Networking

"Love Namecheap"

What do you like best?

I love namecheap because they always seem to have deals for transfers and use domain registrations, support is responsibly quick , I love the payment options that they offer, a wide range of payment options. A good list of tld on offer as well

What do you dislike?

Support can sometimes take sometime if the issue needs to be escalated, sometimes they decide to act on illegitimate copyright notices and suspend the domain as well as the account as a whole, I think they need to look in to see how legitimate those requests are

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and cheap, and the ability to pay using bitcoin

We have multiple of our domains registered through namecheap, quick and instant domain registrations

namecheap review by Christian S.
Director of Marketing

"No warning, scam"

What do you like best?

Nothing. They're a bad company to deal with.

What do you dislike?

They never warned me that my domain was expiring. I went in 4 days before expiration and they won't let me renew it.

They said it's going to be over $200 - and it's not even expired yet.

I've been a customer for many years now. This is the way they treat their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with any other domain provider

Nothing. I'm moving away from them.

namecheap review by Peter N.
System Administrator
Computer Hardware

"Greatest hosting company you will find out there !"

What do you like best?

+ I'm actually a new customer , Namecheap was recommended to me by a highly skilled friend of mine who is working on domain names registration and hosting services , well i did take his words and bought a great domain from that company , the best thing a like about there service is the customer support they have a great live chat platform when you can chat with some really cool guys if you face any problem!

+ Fast delivery ; when you buy a domain or a hosting plan from them , they really set it up withing minutes! or even seconds of your purchase ! i can assure that , from my experience.

+ Great discounts for your first registration Plan!

+ They provide you with an advanced Cpanel control where you can install every open source CMS like worpdressn , joolma , drupal .. with simple clocks! which saves you a lot of time setting up database account and installing your CMS manually

+ Highly skilled support guys

What do you dislike?

So far everything is alright , apart from a small problem i had in installing SSL certificate which was a fault from my part i did'n't synchronized the domain with the certificate properly , well when i contacted them they provided me with the right solution and i fixed the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend namecheap , they have a good quality service !

I started and app developing project, so i needed to set up a good and a cheap domain for that purpose , to promote our new developed apps , everything went smooth and quick i didn't had much time , to do all the work , you know creating a database , installing the scripts needed and securing the website , and when i logged into the control panel i was surprised with the process automation i went trough everything was Up & Running withing 2 hours or so , that saved me a huge time! thanks to there great service

namecheap review by User in Animation

"Namecheap Review"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service, it is easier to navigate then my old hosting software GoDaddy. The cost is better in my opinion and coupons work more often.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it because my websites are slow now having added a third domain. I think a bit more guidance with how many domains can realistically be hosted on my package would have been helpful. I will probably get another package to host it seperately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest buying a longer package then a year, it is the most cost effective.

Not having to have all the tech answers, assistance with hosting, transferring domains.

namecheap review by Brett F.
President

"My favorite domain name registrar by far."

What do you like best?

Namecheap is the best. Registering domain names is easy. Their management system is simple and easy to learn. What I like best is that Namecheap's domain and privacy renewal prices are so much better than anywhere else. You can't find as many deals for Namecheap but renewing your domain more than 1 year always is cheaper with Namecheap. Their privacy protection is also much cheaper.

What do you dislike?

They don't offer as many deals as other companies, you rarely find $.99 domains or stuff like that. So you usefully are paying close to full price...the good news is their full price is lower than most everywhere else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use, cheaper and my favorite domain registrar

We have registered domains, managed domains, and transferred domains with Namecheap. Its simple and effective.

namecheap review by Chris V.
Purchasing Manager/RMA Manager/IT
Aviation & Aerospace

"Almost Flawless Domain/Hosting"

What do you like best?

The process of obtaining a domain and hosting a site is straightforward and streamlines for quick and easy processing.

What do you dislike?

I wish the renewal processes was a little more clear when you not only have a domain, but are hosting as well. It seemed easy to get the two mixed up. Each expires at a different time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of a domain name and hosting, look no further than Namecheap. Having been a customer for a few years now, the domain and site have worked flawlessly and the setup process is simple, painless, and straightforward. I highly recommend Namecheap.

As an organization Namecheap has allowed us to effectively host our sight without issue and at a reasonable cost. It has allowed us to get more pertinent information out to the people who need quick access.

namecheap review by Reggie B.
Co-Owner, Creative Director
Design

"Switched to NameCheap and Never Looked Back!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about NameCheap is the price and quality technical support. I moved all my domains from GoDaddy.com and never looked back.

What do you dislike?

Hosted email with NameCheap is a little pricey, but I use email on the web servers, so no big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on price alone, this is a smart move. You may not appreciate it as much if you only own a couple of domain names, but own hundreds of domain names and the cost savings is surprising each year. They are very easy to work with and I just love doing business with them. Will never go back to GoDaddy.com or Register.com.

A few dollars doesn't sound like much but when you are a web design and development firm dealing with hundreds of domain names, renewals and more, then it adds up. NameCheap is pretty much what their name implies - domain names for cheap. Never had a problem with them and the times I've had to contact tech support, they are always very helpful. Overall I'm very pleased with NameCheap and the dollars they save my company each year.

namecheap review by Nikita L.
Founder, CTO

"Great service and the best customer support"

What do you like best?

I liked how the web interface is organized and that in case of any question, I can easily reach to the customer support. Their support is the best one I worked with so far. They are really trying to understand my needs and address them.

What do you dislike?

Everything was just fine, nothing to dislike. The service that the company has provided was sufficient for our needs. The only thing that could be done better is the 2FA verification using the Google Authenticator time-based and not onlu using phone number as sometimes the phone is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend namecheap both for domain management and for SSL certificates. While buying with namecheap, test coupons available on-line on other sites. Just Google coupons. This may give you a little additional discounts.

We used Namecheap for corporate-wide SSL security and domain registration. We have realized the benefits of receiving full grade technical support from the technical team of the company as well as recommendations on how to use the service in more effective way.

namecheap review by Trevor B.
Senior Scientist
Research

"Best domain registrar out there, though still not ideal"

What do you like best?

As far as domain registrars go, namecheap has one of the best interfaces out there. The switchover from the old design to the new was a bit odd, but most of the site now look modern and sleek.

The prices and TLD options are competitive with every other registrar that I've looked into. In the end, this is probably the most important point.

A minor thing that does end up being quite nice is that I've found that changes to DNS records propagate quickly through namecheap -- not sure if that's just confirmation bias or a real effect, but when I've noticed it, it's been a pleasant surprise.

What do you dislike?

While namecheap's interface is nice compared to other registrars out there, it's not without its rough edges. When you compare it to a site like DigitalOcean, there are clearly user experience issues. A lot of things are more complicated than they need to be; this is partly due to the oddities of DNS records and the like, but there are clear ways it could be improved.

The only other downside is that not all TLDs are available, especially international ones. It would be nice to keep all my domains with a single registrar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check back regularly for promotional offers, as they come quite frequently.

We use namecheap to manage our domains. The costs are on par or cheaper than other options, and I find namecheap's interface easier to navigate than other registrars.

namecheap review by Denny Basham, MBA, M.
Reputation Marketing Expert, CEO, Internet Marketing Consultant, Mortgage Industry Consultant.
Management Consulting

"Best, cheapest Domain Registration System"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to use their system for registering domain names and they consistently have the lowest prices for new and renewal registrations. We have moved all of our domains here.

What do you dislike?

It took us a while to get use to the new interface and some things still are not intuitive. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the old interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the comparisons and run the numbers, especially when you are considering the long-term costs of renewing domain names. You will save a bundle with Namecheap and you will also be happy with their interface and support. They rarely let us down.

We manage all of our domain names here and in general are very happy with the service because it saves us money every month. The ease-of-use is also very high although it took us a while to get used to the new interface. Their updates are also lightning fast and extra features like domain privacy are very inexpensive compared to someone like a GoDaddy.

namecheap review by Michael T.
Model
Entertainment

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

I have been searching for a good registrar for a long time and since I've found namecheap I felt right at home. They've revamped the website's UI as well as the admin panel. The support is quite good and the prices fair. It feels safe, secure and reliable.

What do you dislike?

There are other companies that provide the same service for a bit less, if namecheap can bring down their prices a notch it would be just amazing, other than that, it's perfect. They have already addressed the issue of the old admin panel layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a great feature list, good-looking UI and incredible support. Even if you'd like to transfer your domains from namecheap they are not making it harder for you. You can register domains in bulk too. The service itself is very well made, as I stated before the website's UI has been fully updated to modern standards. They are also providing security features like Two Factor Authentications to keep you and your account safe.

Everything from domain name registration to SSL certificates and sometimes hosting. Now that they're providing a new DNS feature I might be try and use it as well.

namecheap review by Alfredo K.
Training and Development Manager
Security and Investigations
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I use Namecheap for all of my hosting and domain needs. I am always on the site researching domain names that I can horde. They make the process simple and they always have some sort of deal or offer. The customer service is great. I needed hem a few times and they always respond quickly. In one situation they noticed that someone had hacked my username and password and they quickly stopped access and immediately notified me. The user interface is easy to use. I use Gmail for my email and they made it very easy to do this with their DNS Management.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is simple, but the also have the older version on there and it confuses me at times, but I guess that's so that users can ease into the new way of doing things. Their apps installer can use a bit of upgrading. Some of the software they use are several versions behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting your domain name from namecheap and just keep in the family and host here also. hey also make it very easy to use Google for Business.

I need place to host my website. I bounced around from several hosting packages and I am happy with this one for now. When I need a domain name they make it easy to search and purchase.

namecheap review by Gaston M.
Partner
Food & Beverages

"Delightful Customer Service and Product Support"

What do you like best?

I think namecheap is one of the few domains providers who take what they do very spiritually. Why? Because we all know domains economy is not very profitable so most of providers try to scam you with all those unnecessary add-ons packages or even trick you in renewing for multiple unnecessary years. Also competitors like godaddy give you endless coupons that in the end are there to scam you. In contrast Namecheap is proud of just doing what they do best: providing a simple domain service. And of course they offer you multiple other options to add like hosting, SSL and emails services. But they do not UX trick you. Not they don't even bother to give you false advertising or coupons. I feel pretty comfortable having all my domains under namecheap.

What do you dislike?

I think they new UI/UX is actually not good. The old one looked quite old but was way easier to understand. This one looks like a toy really and it doesn't focus on the important stuff. It is really bad designed. Lots of drawings and characters that do not add.

I host most of my domains with them.