AWS Backup Reviews & Product Details

@awscloud
1,887,359 Twitter followers
77,420 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.

Answer a few questions to help the AWS Backup community
Have you used AWS Backup before?

AWS Backup Reviews

Showing 12 AWS Backup reviews
Already have AWS Backup?
Senior DevOps | Oracle DBA
What do you like best?

The ease of configuring your EBS or Disk EC2, to create daily snapshots is super easy and intuitive, it allows you to configure different snapshots, by zone, parameterizing each EC2 or EBS, from an idle location.

I am really amazed at how this tool can back up 2TB of our instances in just minutes.

Without a doubt, it is a tool, which parameterizes each backup by day, week or month, and takes a complete photo of each of your EC2, EBS and S3. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good, it works perfectly for me to back up my EC2 disks.

Maybe it is a bit expensive since, in order to have the tools enabled, you must be able to have EC2 plans, which has a cost according to the structure a bit high.

Although it is easy to use, for an advanced user, for a user with zero or little experience, it is a bit complicated to understand how to configure a backup plan, for a zone and with specific rules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have an Amazon AWS account, this is the time to purchase it

Amazon AWS Backup is a comprehensive solution in the company's infrastructure because it gives you security and confidence when backing up EC2 or EBS instances Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before they had to be doing a weekly snapshot manually of my EC2s, but the AWS backup could solve this, backing up our EC2 disks.

At first I had no idea how AWS worked and when I tried to do it alone, it was a bit complex, but our company has business support, and I had the support guide from Amazon.

And you can configure several solutions and define rules by territory, to be able to take snapshots of all our instances, in different periods, either daily, weekly or monthly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and great pricing structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process to restore ec2 images is not as easy as we hoped. You cannot attach elastic ips and security keys without going thru the set up wizard typically used to launch an ec2.

Additionally, you set up backup windows which isn't as great as being able to schedule for a specific time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This low cost tool works great to ensure all cloud resources are backed up. And it provides great flexibility for backup frequencies and low cost storage options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Recuiter, Product & Digital Revenue
What do you like best?

Amazon web services backup is a cloud based software that supplies most storage services, data transfer procedures and broadcasting options so that such formulas are build that protect your data with much security. It ensures a powerful bundle of terms and features providing flexibility and scales up your data resources in no time. AWS backup provides efficient and effective cost. You can backup and transfer all types of data with different data transfer methods. Also multiple services are supported by it. Users can also do regularly scheduled backups of data. You can easily restore data that is deleted from your device. Also automation retention management is an outstanding feature of AWS backup. And it provides with perfect template designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With many positive aspects, AWS backup has some negative aspects as well. The available options should be extended. The system may also suffer malfunctions. One of the most problematic feature of this app is its complexity which makes it difficult to understand by the beginners. Also to work with AWS backup, strong internet connection is needed which is sometimes not available. Its drawbacks also include the compromise of background apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Summarizing, AWS backup is undoubtedly an awesome cloud based backup programme enabling simplified workloads. Most of all it solves many issues and automates backups. It is thus very useful and simple platform to save files and documents. Its reliability and strong customer support is wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief of Staff, Global Brand Management
What do you like best?

Our company started to explore more Amazon web services and encountered this service. It had amazing technology for quickly backing up the data which is stored. So any data which is lost is recovered completely with this service without any barrier. We were able to manage information accordingly with its amazing features. The symmetry it brought into our system was uptight and we were able to organise the things efficiently. The effortless technology had made our lives so much easier than before. This hardware is the best example of great interface application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some minor issues we dealt while using this service. It had overwhelming protection that does not allow the unrecognizable service to be opened. So we had to manually do this and it took a lot of time. This wasted the working hours as well. Otherwise this is great application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has worked pretty well in the backup domain and done every possible thing it can to help in the progress of trading. It had set an ideal standard for other alternatives and completion has become more tough with its powerful engines. The help it gives in the times of emergency conditions is admiring and we had our servers given in its safe hands. The automated platform for retrieving items and storing the save copy for the crises is considered it's unique tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Architect
What do you like best?

- Automate backup scheduling is very helpful for our ops team

- Backup compliance is very well organized (possible to encrypt backups and audit backup activity from a centralized console)

- Automated retention management is an amazing feature out of the box

- Amazon EC2 instance backups help a lot to roll back if necessary in a manner of seconds Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing till now.

Available options for incremental backups could be extended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Automate backups

- Automated retention management

- Centralized policy-based backup solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quite and behind the scene. You do not have to monitor much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a little more complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reliable storage by all of our platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer Analyst - Programmer RPG IV (IBM i)
What do you like best?

Choosing AWS is preventing the company from acquiring additional hardware. The latter only increase operating expenses.

In addition, data transfer takes place at a lower cost to promote information retrieval after a disaster. We keep our data with an automatic system that allows us to recover them in case of emergency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the information stored on a server can be accessed at any time, the system may suffer malfunctions. We are aware that technology is always subject to technical problems or failures.

The second main problem is integration with operating systems such as Linux.

In addition, performing a cloud backup requires an excellent Internet connection to enter the server at the desired time. Otherwise, working in the cloud becomes impossible with connectivity and network problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended backup with excellent performance and easy to use for medium and large companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AWS helps us develop teamwork with greater coordination among employees. The tasks are performed based on documents and applications that receive updates in real time. In addition, the use of the cloud gives us enough freedom for each team member to be able to exchange information depending on our users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Assurance Tester
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

I have at my disposal a platform accessible 24 hours a day any day of the year.

Extensive hosting with a simple platform to use and perfectly integrated into the operating system.

I access and save all my documents at the moment.

I have Veeam technical support within my reach that helps me anytime.

Backup every so often with a lot of security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it compromises the use of my antivirus by not allowing me access and I have to give it access but it does not allow me to access the web.

Response time via high email.

A lot of time is wasted when making the initial backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfectly integrated cloud backups. Backups with multiple options for quick and more efficient access in business environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the services to migrate our servers, especially in the Office 365 environment. We store large amounts of information in the cloud with differential copies every so often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If there’s one thing I really like about the service is it’s reliability and the strong user community. Having a SaaS software where you’ve to have been entrusted with thousands of documents, you can’t afford to make a single mistake. AWS Backups will give a solid foundation to your product, like it did to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s reliability and strong support has been wonderful. I don’t think I can point out the flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped us secure the documents we store for our clients. You don’t have to worry about anything at all. Hopefully, we can continue being confident with the services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retail Sale Manager
What do you like best?

I like AWS Backup features, It provided me amazing data application storage for both cloud and premises. I like its functionality, ease of use, and outstanding performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! I like its all features and specifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend AWS Backup RDS data base! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has great impact on my business, it easily backup my data securely and durably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Really nice backup for EBS, EFS, Dynamodb, RDS and storage gateway in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to say. Created cloudformation templates for couple accounts and it works perfect. Nothing to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it if you have aws account. Create cloudformation which ease your deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have backup plan in one place which which is much better then having separate backup tools for different services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.