Symantec Endpoint Protection

Symantec Endpoint Protection

Proactively detect and block today's most advanced threats with an endpoint protection solution that goes beyond antivirus.

Work for Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Reviews

Showing 199 Symantec Endpoint Protection reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Mauro T.
Mauro T.

"Easy to use and provides full protection for your device! "

What do you like best?

It has an excellent overall threat protection for all the devices installed, with a very simple and light interface, making very easy to use for all sort of user.

The anti-malware and firewall tools are great, and invasions of intruders are completely sealed.

What do you dislike?

Despite having a very simple and light interface, to set the software to each device, takes a little time and work. Have to reboot after each version upgraded, and that can be a little bit annoying for a personal user.

Aside that, I believe it has nothing more on the CONS area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For every type of user, professional or personal matter.

Symantec can provide full protection to all devices, with simple installing system.

Only the configuration can be a little bit troublesome.

Simply saying, that I feel protected by any simple (even complex) threats to my devices.

It also protects remote devices, such as notebooks or other wireless device.

What Endpoint Protection Suites solution do you use?

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Denis P.
Denis P.

"This software is amazing for security"

What do you like best?

This is excellent software that keeps all data up to date and it is possible to ensure the safety of users and the company running the tool on the back end. I also like the interface and it is possible to monitor in real time all the machines and servers.

What do you dislike?

This program requires you to have admin access on the machine, otherwise, I do not have what I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of this software for companies that would like to have a robust system for the protection of machines and servers. It also has a friendly interface that is easy to understand and use.

This software helps protect the entire company network and ensures the confidentiality of the data. In addition to transmitting the entire report by email of any suspicion to the information security.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Akash B.
Akash B.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection guards organizations from both malware and focused on assaults and ensures against new and obscure dangers.The best part about this product is that now a days, having something programmed is incredible. .It let's you know right away if you are not protected or if an "intruder" is attempting to do harm your system in a bad way. It is easy to install and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Symantec Endpoint protection is very heavy and resource intensive.Now and again it will back off your PC on the off chance that it is examining.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product as it serves it's soul purpose to protect your system from outsider's threat very well and it is also not as expensive as other market players.

We are using Symantec's product as our daily routine anti-virus and risk management program. We also use it to secure our remotely residing data too.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Filip G.
Filip G.

"Most comprehensive client protection tool for large businesses"

What do you like best?

The possibility for building distributed infrastructure makes it easy to secure clients in a globally dispersed environment. The scanning on the clients is well optimized and it is hardly noticeable from performance aspect. Fast response to 0-day attacks by Symantec. The ability to configure application execution prevention that can ban installers from starting if they are not in a default container. There is minimum detection of false positives.

What do you dislike?

The size of the updates can be a bit of a downside. This goes especially when new clients are introduced in an environment with slower bandwidth. The configuration interface can use an interface update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth a try especially if you are a huge organization with 10.000+ clients.

We have it as the default company wide solution (on over 200K clients) for protection against malware threats and 0-day attacks. Moreover, we also use it to prevent installation of application from unwanted sources.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Bryan S.
Bryan S.

"Complete and intelligent security for everything."

What do you like best?

The service capacity offered by Symantec Endpoint Protection 14, is one of the best in the market, if it resolves anti-malware situations, intrusion prevention and almost completely protects servers as well as desktop computers regardless of the system they use. Its integration with other protection elements of the same provider and the most used office app is first. In summary, its ability to respond and protect endpoints is my opinion of the best and most effective that exist around the world.

What do you dislike?

Maybe what I do not like is a little bit how expensive additional support can be if necessary. I think the rest of the best.

An element to consider that I do not know if it is good or bad, is that product of its constant changes always have to be very aware of these updates to be up-to-date with the performance of the tool, since otherwise it will stop using part of that potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they should consider it a reliable and proven system, it offers many advantages and that is observed in its value. You can perform tests and demonstrations to assess if this is what your organization or business requires.

Its main function is to help us resolve security in endpoints in a simple, lasting and reliable way.

We have observed a significant number of attacks and intrusion attempts in our systems, which have not been successful due to the protection offered by Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.

We also have other systems and tools mostly from the same provider to configure a secure network in all its dimensions.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by ashish k.
ashish k.

"Upscale your Endpoint Security "

What do you like best?

Things I like most wrt. Symantec Endpoint Protection is granularity in configuration options. Each enterprise is different in its own way of implementation and configuration. No where I ever found I am stuck with solution without any way out to problem.

Multiple component for different security scenarios which are keeping pace with current security attacks be it Machine Learning based detection, fileless attacks, malwares etc

What do you dislike?

I miss a feature where I can benchmark my SEP deployment. Bechmarking can be wrt. standards or it can be against published security threats. I have to rely on regular updates and pray everything works.

If I have a dashboard which can group standardization and recommendations and I can see how much compliant I am here. Better if this report can include all SEP clients

Resource utilization on clients is quite heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is keeping pace with all new trends in endpoint security requirements. Solution have proven track record in industry. Personally I cannot leave my enterprise security in hands of new player with no historical track record.

Endpoint Protection. Key benefits are we never got any cases of malware disrupting our business.

For administrators also solution is easy to handle and learn.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Simple and reliable protection: antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection in one."

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection offers simple and reliable protection. It has built in antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection in one. It is very easy to deploy even with dozens of workstations, and managing is a breeze as pretty much everything is automated through the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I had run into issues where specific clients weren't updating. Symantec's tech support was very responsive and connected remotely to help walk me through a critical upgrade process which immediately resolved the issue. Since then, I haven't had any issues at all with Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a great option for large and small systems, and is one of the most commonly used by businesses worldwide.

Symantec Endpoint Protection provides us with secure workstations, ensuring that users are protected when browsing the internet, downloading files or receiving email. It also offers network intrusion protection to help with outside attacks on our systems.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Emmanuel E.
Emmanuel E.

"Solución completa de seguridad de EndPoint"

What do you like best?

Para la versión 14, Symantec ha pensado en el uso del Internet, tanto para aligerar y mejorar su detección, como en la colaboración con otros usuarios.

Además la incorporación de nuevas tecnologías siempre pensando en el rendimiento y la protección del día 0.

La funcionalidad de lockdown es muy útil al momento de pensar en sistemas críticos tipo cajeros.

Con el uso de insight se mejora la protección de día 0, ya que utiliza los laboratorios de seguridad de Symantec para determinar la reputación de un archivo.

What do you dislike?

La administración del Firewall y de las características de protección de ataques de redes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementar una solución de respaldo persona de datos en la nube.

Protección de empresas desde pequeñas hasta grandes. Quitándole responsabilidades al departamento de TI para que siempre esté encima de las soluciones de protección de EndPoint

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Great support and detection is getting better and better!"

What do you like best?

The support, the fact that you can create different sites for rules, can upload files that are detected, but are not viruses to a portal. Also, the response times when uploading 3rd party applications to the false positive site.

What do you dislike?

It still is detecting quite a few false positives, however it is so much better with detecting actual virus/malware/etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The value of the (awesome) support alone makes this product WELL worth it. Also, it's protection methods and the research put into the product makes it one of the best products on the market!

To be able to monitor machines that are infected and get quick resolutions. Also, with the newest SEP, we were able to detect one of the double pulsar attacks and it helped keep the machines clean during the process!

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Mauro T.
Mauro T.

"All Around Protection System "

What do you like best?

It's the best software to monitoring, avoiding, warning, and disclosure of malware, intrusions and viruses, that could compromise the entire data of a corporation or device. It has a friendly interface, which is a very positive side for the end-user (even if he is not IT). But, for me, the most solid feature, is the mobile devices defense system.

What do you dislike?

The first setup (integration) can be a little bit troubled, because of it's configuration, but nothing too alarming. The support is good, but could be more present.

The worst thing (don't compromise it's use) is the absence of anti-phishing capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend the use of symantec endpoint protection for every sort of company, and for every sort of user (personal).

They deliver exactly what is advertised for.

Pricing if fair and accessible for everyone.

Every sort of defense, being on computers, or even mobile defenses. The whole company is guarded with Symantec.

The fact that points the software to be great, is how embracing it is.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Denis P.
Denis P.

"The best program to monitor the entire company network!"

What do you like best?

As it says in the title: the best program to monitor the entire company network!

Without a doubt it is the best antivirus I have ever seen, I say this because I worked in several companies (in the IT department) and for me this software is the best there is in terms of security. I also like any suspicion found, it sends email to the administrator, informing all the detail of the threat like file name, machine name, person login, date, time, location etc ...

What do you dislike?

It is a rather heavy program, but lives up to the name. He is very practical, also, I did not find any negative points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend everyone to use the best antivirus I have ever seen! If you could give more grades, you would certainly! It is practical and easy to use. It pays to invest to have 100% guaranteed security!

It protects every day equipment (desktop / notebooks / servers). It is very practical, it has a friendly interface. In addition to running in background.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Vinod K.
Vinod K.

"A security shield for stop virus."

What do you like best?

Symantec is an security platform for us and for our clients and provide basic security system for both. It’s can easily manage and protects our many devices from risky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Automatically updates virus definition as new virus arise in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other files are scanned. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and compatible with all kind of latest devices and provide them maximum security.

What do you dislike?

When we enable deep system scan. For deep scan sometimes it takes much time to complete which is not good for our business work because we don't have enough time. This tool uses a lot of memory in our system and slow down our PC for other applications. Install easily but so tedious to remove this tool from our system and reboot our system. Most of updates are done automatically but some needs our interaction to complete.

Symantec Endpoint security is an well design tool for our protecting our devices from powerful threats which could be so harm full for our system and can harm our all data . This antivirus tool works very smoothly and enable us to surf safely in internet. A good option for me keep my all devices from risky threats. Symantec firewall features is very effective for us to make our web surfing safe ant protect our important business data infected from virus.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Zareen K.
Zareen K.

"A well efficient tool to provide advance protection. "

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection provides full on security against malwares and viruses. It keeps the system protected from all possible hazards of virus attacks from servers, internet browsing or downloading data. It is so easy to use and it also kept the record for all the malware attacks. It also keeps us notified of any possible virus intrusion via pop up notifications. We can also perform system scans to keep our system protected and well maintained.

What do you dislike?

Although being very much helpful and efficient in overall performance, this tool requires huge data memory to keep operating flawlessly. Thus, it also greatly affects the performance of the other apps too and makes the whole system redundantly slow. The automatic updates is also very irritating process as it consumes lots of time and affects the procedures too.

Symantec had always been my major priority to use to protect my devices from harmful contents. Using this tool, I have been personally so much satisfied regarding the whole security concerns, It is simply a great tool to use with efficient performance overall.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Good Enterprise Level Protection, A bit top heavy for management"

What do you like best?

Once installed, it's rather good at finding and guarding against malicious attacks as long as the clients are updated on a regular schedule.

What do you dislike?

For non-Active Directory environments, there are extra layers of management that need to happen. Files need to be created for different bit O/S versions and scripts written to have those O/S machines access the proper files to install/update the client. Also not thrilled with a client-based solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit complex to set up in the beginning, but once it's up and running, management and upgrades are generally not too bad. Support is a solid "8".

Network and endpoint protection from all sorts of malicious attacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Arif E.
Arif E.

"Get Symantec Get Secured"

What do you like best?

Deep Search for virus, It cleans my system and keep it secure. It's getting updated time to time to secure me from ransomware like malware.

What do you dislike?

Its Heavy, You can try a lighter version. you can also make this lighter for mobile applications as well. Mobile users rely on basically lighter version of antivirus. I think you guys also have to advertise it more and more because the advertisement numbers is very less. You can also provide end to end security with 1 year free software because it keeps user to use your product. I would prefer quick heal for personal use only because it is very light weight while i am aware that your product can clean better but this is the trend now this is what we want actually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely yes, we can recommend it to everyone for personal and business use. In this era of modernizing where internet has become primary need we would require trustworthy anti virus software

It Cleans up my PC which help me to reduce the chances of system lagging, Also its very good virus protector so i can rest assure that my files of business and data of business is secure. you don't need to worry about updates, it gives you pop up when a update is there. You Can also restrict to use pen drive or external media with the help of this antivirus,

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Powerful and Comprehensive Endpoint Protection Product,"

What do you like best?

Symantec SEP product has lot of great features to protect the endpoint devices to the enterprise customers, and more to come in each new major release. A single process running on the system covers so many functionalities product provide, and most importantly, it uses rather low resource on the system and protect the customers most.

The product has much more advantage comparing with other peer vendor on system boot and overall system performance. In place upgrade always keep the system protected and remove the older version automatically in silent mode while keeping the system protected with upgraded client. Client and Management are version independent, the new and old versions of the clients are manageable by the older and new management servers versions. Simple upgrade, few click to get the job done.

Fast product upgrade, SEP always has a newer version ready whenever the major OS companies release a new OS update, Not many its peer can do that fast. This gives me great relief when I evaluate the new OS version and I am comfortable that I am still protected.

I've used the product starting with NAV 7.x back to 15 years ago, all the way up to 14, I also used other products between, but eventually we still choose SEP as our endpoint protection, it is not just AV, but protect your system from all angles solid. As you play other products, when you spend time configuring it correctly and using all components, you are protected better than your peers using other products.

What do you dislike?

More and more auditors demands a lot more than they used to, SEP still logs administrators action at minimum level, I would like to see SEP would provide detailed log information if administrator change or update something on SEP management servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend other customers. Easy to deploy in large and small environment with all levels of consideration and very important it says it is a protection, yes you will be protected with it.New advanced features in SEP 14 added more security controls and protections.

Manage the removable storage device in granular level to prevent the data leakage and increase the maximum protection on all types of malware from system, file and network levels.

Collected data stored in the database, if we do not make full use it and attempting to buy a new product to do the same would be a waste financially and make your endpoint lose the resources, SEPM can send those collected information to ATP, with implement ATP, we leverage the data SEP already collected as well as the cyber intelligence network information from Symantec, it can quickly uncover the attack artifacts, suspicious activities and stop them.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by kirandeep k.
kirandeep k.

"This is great Antivirus who detect deep dive of any virus."

What do you like best?

this will help to protect our enduser from any malware and ransomware.this is best technology ever.we all recommend to use this anti virus to protect your confidencial data from any harmful issue.one of most like that it detects the applications and device control and the most awesome support is host integrity in symantec Endpoint protection.

What do you dislike?

this will not protect EDR solution and it should be a common console for EDR solution and SEPM.should have automatic workflow to improve performance of symantec endpoint protection.symantec Endpoint protection should have ability to uninstall third party antivirus which is already running on enduser machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we all recommend to use this product once time which is giving best features and functionalities giving to us.There are a lot of question in each organization before taking this product and best part is Symantec endpoint protection able to resolve all questions .All the very best symantec team and thank you so much for giving this product. it should have to take each organization before taking any other product.We all recommending same to use who have all feature what you want and what is suits for your organizations.Before taking anytthing should go through reviews of all product and we recommend to use this product once.

this is fully management solution where we can manage enduser from single console and best thing is that we can create custom policies.we can block pin drive with this tools that is the most awesome support.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sudarshan P.
Sudarshan P.

"Must need tool for Endpoint Security Great product!"

What do you like best?

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.This software has a small footprint, has very low false positive notification and is particularly very effective protecting against malware using machine learning.

Another thing is that it's not intrusive. It works in the background and you usually don't know it's there.

What do you dislike?

Symantec Endpoint Protection can use a little bit to much system resources to run. It can also cause some of your apps to not function properly with certain features turned on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection helps to protect your I.T infrastructure from malicious, unwanted access, viruses and other I.T threats. Have peace of mind knowing that your data and privacy are all secured.Have been using symantec endpoint protection for 5 years or so and overall it has provided us with good virus and malware protection. Upgrades are a bit tricky but their support is very good and helps us each time. The interface to the server manager is a little tricky until you get used to it but still if I am not in there every week or so I find I need to call for help, but they have great support.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Security at it's best."

What do you like best?

Product features are at it's best.

These features are easy to use and work awesome.

The most comprehensive tool of its type that we’ve seen with superb installation and documentation.

Symantec Endpoint Protection delivers protection in a lightweight package, building on industry-leading 99.9% efficacy, low false positives and a 70% reduced footprint over the previous generation through new advanced cloud look-up capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much as I see... however may be in the coming updates we may have something to report.

I personally would go with the Services.. Technical Support needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec Endpoint Protection is surely a virus buster, however, be ready to have hardware resources at bay.

It gives ultimate protection with a cost.

However, thinking optimistically "Prevention is in our hands".

As a consultant, I deal with multiple customers. Symantec stands true to its word. "Security" means Symantec.

I still remember, when handling customers, they think Symantec Endpoint Protection as just an "Antivirus" and when I tell them about the features it provides they are amazed.

Symantec Endpoint Protection has grown beyond the word "Antivirus", it is an ultimate protection against newly found viruses.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Marc U.
Marc U.

"Enterprise Level Protection for Low Cost"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is not only Antivirus/Spyware protection but it offers additional features such as application and device control as well as IPS and host based firewall. You definitely get a lot for the subscription costs with the power of Symantec behind you. Our company has Operating Systems from Windows Xp up through Windows 10 as well as Mac. With SEP we can easily deploy the agent to all of those systems without the need for additional configuration or cost from the vendor. Competitors of Symantec will no longer or already do no longer support Windows Xp and that affects us since our point of sale system is still on Xp. We needed something that would provide all around protection as well as not affect performance of the workstations; SEP helped us achieve that.

What do you dislike?

I was never much of a fan of a web based console but you are seeing that more frequently. I wish there was an option for a local management console in conjunction with the web console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup your own SQL server to ensure you can use it to its fullest potential; the built in SQL server only supports a specific amount of endpoints. I always double the specs when it comes to RAM as well as hard disk space.

We have multiple endpoint products on our retail and corporate side; this will allow us to migrate to one solution across the board with an easy to use interface. This will also save us money as we will not be paying for those multiple products after 2016.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Ravi M.
Ravi M.

"Symantec amazon"

What do you like best?

it is amazing product to explain the customer regarding Symantec and implementation easy to be done. it is not only Antivirus there some features also come with Symantec Endpoint Protection like Application control and device control, Firewall policy, file sharing option and more. In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager we can find it easily when we change the policy it means the endpoint protection has the same.

What do you dislike?

As of now i have not get any unlike features in the Symantec Endpoint Protection. I would like to tell you that please improve push deployment tool because it's not having the installation of endpoint protection completely in one attempt like we need to deploy the endpoint support package which is having 32 bit OS so better to develop in setup to install all supported OS like 32 bit or 64 bit

Recommendations to others considering the product

i strongly recommended to people who is looking for Anti Virus because the Symantec endpoint protection gives advanced threat protection and detect malware

i have been solved so many things like communication issue with Endpoint Protection to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. i have realized the benefits of Symantec Endpoint Protection like Advanced security other than products, Monitoring endpoints with system configuration in SEPM,

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection "

What do you like best?

I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection ,

the support is very professional and quick response

simple to manage and to deploy to clients with the configured policy

What do you dislike?

i'd like to receive notification when there is an attack to the middle east and showing us how to be protected through symantec and article to follow to apply this protection

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using symantec endpoint protection it is effective and light on the machine

machine desktop ,laptop and servers protection against common attacks

support is excellent

I have excellent experience with symantec endpoint protection ,

the support is very professional and quick response

simple to manage and to deploy to clients with the configured policy

catch most of the antivirus and malware reporting is very useful and effective i can configure report to be received through the email and take necessary action

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Juan Pablo G.
Juan Pablo G.

"One Console, one client, Many layers of protection next-generation capabilities"

What do you like best?

Is a great solution, scalable, Protec multiples operative systems. Easy setup, easy manage. A lot of information about endpoints, System lookdown, device control, app control, virtual tagging, firewall, intrusion prevention and a lot of useful features,

Designed for virtual environments with specific tools,

New technologies against thread, Sonar(real time protection and Insigh(reputation intelligence), prevent day zero attacks .

Recently modules added like Machine learning, Memory Exploit Prevent, and Emulation

15 Years Running, a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms

Granular policy control, scalable, easy to manage and low false positives.

Artificial intelligence fused with critical endpoint technologies deliver a complete solution.

Recently this product Won the AV-test 2016.

Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in many popular applications with memory exploit mitigation.

Advanced machine learning done right: Stop unknown threats with advanced machine learning AI to deliver maximum protection at the endpoint with minimal false positives.

And other important thing is Symantec’s global intelligence network of 175 million endpoints and our advanced machine learning technologies allow you to detect threats more accurately.

What do you dislike?

They could include protection, for mobile platforms and maybe some for MDM, No web filtering

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a certified partner for the installation. If you want you can download a trial.

Protect against threats, Bring security with great performance, Prevent unauthorized device connecting to endpoints, automatic reports and notifications. Reduce bandwidth consumption. Recovery tools.

Fail over support solution. R

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Meets Virus Protection Needs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can log into our admin portal and deploy Symantec to any devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike strongly how difficult it is to uninstall this product when need be. If you don't have access to our admin portal it can be a nightmare to get this off a device to open up a license for another device. Once we recycle a device we will remove Symantec from the device so we can use the remainder of the license on another device, but it can sometimes take several times to get it to uninstall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this as a solution for virus protection. It isn't overly expensive and is easy to use and deploy.

We are using Symantec only as a virus protection software.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Great Endpoint Protection Suite"

What do you like best?

The interface is extremely user friendly. As soon as you log in you are taken to the home page that shows a dashboard with all of the pertinent information from an administration standpoint. You will know instantly what the health is of your environment.

What do you dislike?

Policies could be more user friendly. It is great that you can be very granular with exceptions, but creating a single exception could require many tweaks and tests before you finally produce the desired results.

SEP has kept our clients protected with little to no remediation required. Threats are quickly quarantined and cleaned up.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Rohit S.
Rohit S.

"SEP - Our Trusted Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

SEP is very simple to install, but at the same time the User Interface is too good to be used by a customer and partner. Its blocking new and unknown threats very well and which are usually missed by other Endpoint Solutions. Using it widely in our customer base and even as a Symantec Partner in our Internal IT to show the use cases to customers. Excellent Product.!!!

What do you dislike?

I didnt not find much issues or something that i can write to dislike about this product. The offline updates of the SEP can be made more simpler. I found that little troublesome by downloading and placing in folder and it takes so much time to update in the SEP window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great Endpoint Solution and very flexible, stable and trusted one.

End Point Security in General.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Aquie H.
Aquie H.

"So Far So Good"

What do you like best?

Symantec and I go way back to my military days. It's a well know organization that is still making it. I like the ease of use of the application and it's deployment to systems. The use of one console, one agent makes it easy.

What do you dislike?

The version we have lacks Apple/MAC use/support, cloud support, and the languages supported are pretty much English only.

It helps our organization keep our network endpoints safe and monitor devices that connect and transmit data. It keeps our computers locally safe.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Very solid application"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can control multiple devices from one console, this makes administration of your infrastructure much easier. The scanning of clients is seamless and Symantec seem to have nailed down the optimisation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when using reverse proxy to update lunux applications can break and there is not much support for fixing this. The idea of being able to pull down the definations and putting them in a repository so the clients don't have to connect to the internet is a great idea but this sdoesn't always seem to work correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a reliable tool then this should be highly put forward to your purchasing manager

The benefits of SEP are good, it is particular handy when it comes to protecting against malware and zero day attacks

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Venelina V.
Venelina V.

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

We have been using Symantec for protection for all of our computer systems in the entire network for a couple of years. Symantec's malware scanning process is very quick and effective. We have not had a malware threat go unnoticed and not taken care of by Symantec so far. Symantec does not slow down our network or computers and runs perfectly in the background.

The system provides detailed logs about the points of scanning and many other valuable features.

What do you dislike?

Interface could be updated and sharpened, but there isn't anything negative about the functionality and effectiveness of Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symantec is easy to be deployed for your business needs. Definitely recommend as a possible malware scanning system.

We use Symantec to provide malware security in all of our computer systems in the network--more than 1000 computers and laptops.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Amit K.
Amit K.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection "

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is another addition to the queue of well-performing endpoint assurance items from Symantec. It is completely cloud basd and, while intended basically for Windows-based frameworks, it has some Mac support and also some cell phone administration capacities for Android and iOS. The cloud console is good-looking and easy to navigate. It starts you on a dashboard that provides some quick indicators of how many devices are secure and experiencing a threat.

What do you dislike?

It is a tedious task to set it up. It also has no antiphishing abilities available at present. Reporting abilities are deficient compared to other available competitors in the market.

We used Symantec Endpoint protection to implement incident response and risk management functionalities to the existing system of 3rd party client.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Great MFA"

What do you like best?

IT's quick and very easy to use. It can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, tablet or even your smartphone. It's always ready whenever you need it.

What do you dislike?

The necessity of it all. I know why it is important, but it sucks that it has gotten to the point that it is necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user friendly tool. It automatically generates a new number every time the program is opened, which is then used as a second line of defense against malicious attacks on your data.

This provides us with a second layer of security for accessing our company Business2Business credit card web site. The benefits have been that we have not had a single data breach since we began using it.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Ozan O.
Ozan O.

"A Complete Endpoint Protection Monster"

What do you like best?

As a Symantec Gold Partner, I have done many projects from SMB to Enterprise level customers. Big amount of our customers totally satisfied with the performance and the ability of the SEP.

Last year while around the globe many companys faced serious attacks on their infrastructure like petya, wannacry, badrabbit, we as a symantec partner fortunately haven't see serious damage in non of our customers.

What do you dislike?

I could say at the management side Symantec can add more automation many customers had requests about this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend SEP to who wants to secure their endpoint devices.

-Endpoint protection

-Malicious activity prevention on endpoint devices.

-Real time protection on endpoints

-Advanced application and device control

-Advance machine learning capabilities helps to mitigate zero day attacks

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"High Securiry "

What do you like best?

I like that the password is constantly changing and that this software recognizes the user on the computer too. It takes the necessary measures to ensure that it's providing secure access.

What do you dislike?

When users log in to different computers it doesn't work properly, which is great for security; however, it would be better to show an error message that would be better to problem solve. We have noticed that this tends to be a sore subject when there's a quick need to change or upgrade computers and we have to prepare for security to not work on these for a bit until we get IT involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is easy to use security for anyone. I love that it provides different users to different people and roles within our company. Some employees use this for logging in remotely, some use it to verify funds before depositing into an account, some managers use it to approve overdrafts and some use it approve wires... and some do it all. It's easy and secure!

We are ensuring users are logging as securely as possible. We also use this program to provide passwords before sending wires/money out to clients to ensure that it's accurate and complete and not a fraud transaction. We have even begun to use this software to create passwords for allowing overdrafts on accounts when approved by management. It's really helping us ensure we are as secure as possible in each transaction - multiple ways!

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User

"Great work tool to have total safety in the work environment"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most since I used this tool was the great ease of use that this application provides. It allows analyzing and neutralizing possible threats in the work environment, stopping and eliminating malware in real time, which has allowed me to work in complete safety. The user interface is quite intuitive and does not pose any problem of use, it also has a technical support team that solves any eventuality in a short time.

What do you dislike?

To improve and keep in mind is that it is a rather heavy tool, this implies that it is necessary to have an adequate work team to work because otherwise it can reduce the speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great security tool to use in business environments. I recommend it for users that one of their most important concerns is security and have adequate work teams.

Since I have used this tool, none of the documents I have worked with and posted in the cloud have been corrupted. The use of e-mail has not caused any outstanding problems either, and the great adaptability and updates that this tool has given me has helped me a lot.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator

"My experience with symantec end point protection"

What do you like best?

It is very efficient to prevent intrusions both on the internet and in the local network and effectively eliminate threats from viruses, it is very fast working in real time, with the automatic detection of USB devices and access to certain pages with malicious content, fulfills its function and I am satisfied with the protection it provides to my team and network environment

What do you dislike?

I do not like that automatically selects and deletes elements resident in my system, without asking me for confirmation, blocks and automatically removes everything I consider malicious, some executables are software installed and trusted by me, but the symantec eliminates them, sometimes I can reverse it sometimes not , which forces me to install the program again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if they use different software that is difficult to get which they know contains elements that are usually considered viruses, I recommend having a compressed backup with a password, since it is the only way that symantec does not eliminate the installer

thanks to symantec and been able to eliminate certain viruses that other antivirus do not detect and correct the operation of the computer without the need to format or lose data, I have guaranteed that my local network does not get infected with viruses passed from one user to another

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Administrator

"Small Business security with control easy to use control panel"

What do you like best?

Provides 360 degree view of all the computers within the network and their security health statuses like, which computer:

-has old antivirus database

-has outdated software

-is live or not

and with a click of a button, you can send updates to the computers.

Moreover, the system notifies the the admin every time a computer had a vulnerability issue.

What do you dislike?

Some old apps that we use on our computers take too much time to get authenticated by Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Admin Panel is easy to use, and has a lot of Policy features for advanced users.

Admins will have a 360 degree view of what is happening within their system and take precautions.

Securing all computers connected to our servers and files.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great simple product to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple to use and gives you the ability to set basic exclusions. SEP takes all the hassle of management out and gives you an easy way to get reports and notifications on what is happening in your network.

What do you dislike?

At times, the product can be too simple and leaves you wanting more. The default is to use the normal basic profile without any modifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a large company you can trust, this is one of the BEST!

We are using SEP to ensure we completely understand and stay involved with what is going on with our computers and protect us from any sort of malware. The main benefit to us is that it removes the hassle of setting up a management server (but gives you the option to setup a local update server).

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"SEP: Always leading the way of endpoints protection"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and management. By having only one agent (software peace in each machine) makes things pretty smooth to deploy, troubleshoot, update and manage. One feature I really love about this suite is SONAR which is a great way of advanced protection against unknown malicious code.

What do you dislike?

It is really pricey. Let´s be realistic, it is the most powerful tool out there but still I think Symantec Corporation should re-think the price strategies and make it more competitive specifically when it is a support renewal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I state in this review, SEP Suites are a bit pricey, so, you´d like to save some money by dealing a multiple year support contract.

Besides the benefits of having our data secured, thanks to SEP we could integrate both email and endpoints (desktops, laptops and servers) on the same security platform.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by David M.
David M.

"Antivirus from a past generation"

What do you like best?

Central management is nice. Deployment is quite easy through it (after you make firewall exceptions etc. Updating clients is easy as well

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly. Making policies can be dangerous - you have to be VERY careful, as it's not very explicit on what devices are covered. We had a situation where we tried to disable USB storage, yet it disabled a LOT of USB keyboards/mouse other devices. No real setup support from the get-go. Capture rate wasn't great. We don't have a terrible infection rate, but ran across a few low impact problems that it didn't detect, or didn't detect originally, so once it found them it was a manual process to remove.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something next gen. SEP is too old school, and without a complete re-write it's unsufficient to meet the current threat landscape.

The need for antivirus protection. We were hoping to use this to fill a gap for both antivirus protection and some endpoint control. However the endpoint control component tends to be obtrusive and problematic, as it changes firewall settings and really just didn't live up to the need for comprehensive protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Sudheesh A.
Sudheesh A.

"SEP going to lead the way with more integrations"

What do you like best?

With the enhanced capabilities of EDR and SEP deception Symantec SEP has reached new heights in endpoint protection. , A reduction of bandwidth usage and definition file sizes by 70 % the agent turns to be lighter ever. WSS integration with SEP gives more value add for the customers.

Recently introduced value review tool for existing customers is a good tool. Finding out gaps in the implementation of the solution is important to despite having the cutting edge features of the solution.

What do you dislike?

SEP Manager need a revamped UI and easy to use workflow for administration.

SEP resolves the "threat risk of endpoints " issue for the business for both on prim and roaming users.

"SEP - Work? Or not?"

What do you like best?

It works. Maybe a little elephant, but works. Helps us to protect our environment and has many options. It's not slow, it looks also that it did not slow the systems (too much).

What do you dislike?

I still think the tool it too heavy (not that heavy as before, but still heavy). It's more simple now, but yet heavy for my daily use. So heavy, that i always think in stop it before troubleshoot other stuff

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other options. Maybe that's a great tool for you, maybe not.

Virus, trojans, users, i mean, user problems. We usually had problems of systems stopping cause of malwares or even user trying to help with unclean pendrives. That type of actions almost stopped after we setup SEP. We had to deploy to servers too, but it helped to stop most type of problems. We start to notice some stuff that without the tool, we couldn't detect. So, it really works for us. Simple and easy. We got to sleep at night, without need to worry with what was happening to our environment. And it locks so much the systems, that the admins always need to remember how it was locked, to add a new administrator, for example. But, the business users are happier, or at least, stopped to open tickets related to systems not running, caused by malwares. That reduced the work of the support team, that now may focus in different stuff.

"Good endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

SEP 14 has a advanced machine learning ,insight, sonar and good firewall features and ids ips also there.A combined test of ordinary use cases found that a Norton installation causes a system slowdown of about four seconds, caused by the anti-virus program checking each file before running it.offer a wide range of customizable features, allowing you to change the depth and breadth of the virus scan's searches. Norton also includes a number of tools for protecting and recovering your computer, such as a bootable recovery tool for restoring your PCs in an emergency.

What do you dislike?

We have Endpoint and I have seen it block things and delete things, but if someone gets infected bad it can't handle it and we have to wipe the computer. The first coarse of action is to get it off the network.

As a company as a whole we have never had a bad intrusion company wide.

I can give my opinion as far as what we purchase but it is up to the security department what we end up with. If I could decide I think I would give Set a try.

confidential data prevention. best security to the endpoint machines. and also provide security on network base. everyday new DAT update find out the new virus and remove from client machine

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Powerful, but hampered by system clutter"

What do you like best?

I love the depth of the integration, how it can manage and protect all the trouble spots a system can have. I really like the depth fo the customer service too, they are helpful and educated, far more than your average 'lvl 1 support' person reading from a script usually is.

What do you dislike?

Its biggest feature is also its biggest downfall, as with so many Norton/Symantic products they dig deep into your system to provide some very impressive features, but at the same time that deep integration bogs your system down, makes for a tedious uninstall and I dislike their payment model as well. I want to go back to paying one for software, I really dislike the subscription model as the primary payment method for software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful software, if you are one the many forced to use multiple software packages to provide your system and/or network of computers with security I'd recommend Endpoint, just make sure you systems are new and powerful. Older systems can't really handle the deep, entangling integration that Endpoint necessitates to do its job well.

We were trying to find all in one, full featured protection suite. We had grown tired of having to run 4-5 programs to protect our system, keep them all update and have to deal with the mixture of 4-5 different payment for service models too.

Its main benefit is that is simplified everything, protection, updates, payments. All were much simper with Endpoint.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by User

"Symantec Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can authenticate another machine or my cell phone and use it elsewhere. I also like the fact that it has multiple protection choices. You have to enter your credentials before you can even load into the windows screen. It just offers that much more protection.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that you need to reset different credentials to a different computer, to make that the main.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I think it works very well.

User identification, anti malware and spyware protection and removal.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Consultant

"An excellent Endpoint AV, FIrewall and IPS"

What do you like best?

SEP provide up-to-date signature based AV protection, by leveraging the data collected by Symantec across their multitude of tools and globally based customers, providing precise and advantageous insight into what is happening in the Security world. However, it also provides excellent IPS abilities including the ability to lock down endpoints with Whitelists, detect USB use etc. Combining this functionality with the more dynamic aspects of SEP like Sonar and Heuristic detection ensures a safe and secure endpoint environment.

What do you dislike?

The Console is looking dated and the Live Update can some times fail. Additionally, more options on the alerting of SEP would be good, as is, ensuring certain events are pushed to the front of the alerting queue.

We use AV, FW, System Shutdown for protecting Embedded machines (ATMs etc), Application and File control for monitoring specific file and folders as well as limiting access to External media, such as USB, phones and CD/DVD. We have utilised SEP as a front guard for Removable Media access on the Endpoint, and the combined it with DLP to ensure a dynamic, AD based+Content based protection.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Divyanand D.
Divyanand D.

"The Best in Business"

What do you like best?

Symantec End point Protection is the best in business and it has overtaken its arch rival Mcafee. This has lots of features which enable the customer to purchase this product and use it to its full potential. The Best thing about this product is its user friendly and easy to deploy. The support team is extremely helpful in case of any issues.

What do you dislike?

It doesnt have Web Filter option. Reporting should be more accurate. Renewal is expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess everyone need to use this as its one of the leading End point in the industry and it has the rapport of maintaining its credibility in virus definitions.

We can easily quarantine the viruses and the database is constantly updated. If there are any other virus outbreak Symantec will release a patch and the issue will be stabilized. Benefits are we stopped lots of virus outbreak before happening..

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Kyle S.
Kyle S.

"Still #1 for on-premises security"

What do you like best?

SEP has been a great one-stop shop for centrally managing our security needs without impacting workstation performance. The end user isn't even aware that it's present on their workstation. From malware/virus protection to network intrusions, it has fulfilled our needs.

What do you dislike?

Only the learning curve and time needed to fully understand the best way to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you do all of the research that you can before attempting to go live.

SEP has provided protection on many levels, but has helped us monitor endpoints from a centralized location without impacting the end user's experience.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Good solution for your enterprise environment"

What do you like best?

SEP offers a ton of customization from within the administrators console. You can adjust how the software deploys (scan network or target machines specifically --- or export a package and add to SCCM for deployment), installs (silent, forced reboots or not), create specific policies for groups of devices, enable disable firewall (if you use Windows firewall for example).

Server interface is very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features could be a lot more easy to use. The search functions are not simple, and the reporting always comes back in a funky display.

Creating file exclusions can be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the amount of devices up front. Symantec offered different pricing options depending on the seat count that we were hoping to use.

Antivirus requirements for our enterprise environment. SEP offers a complete package, with the ability to customize features and policies depending on the scope of work. AKA, we can enforce more on our at risk users, and less on our super users and trusted team members.

Symantec Endpoint Protection review by SURYAKANT S.
SURYAKANT S.

"Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager review"

What do you like best?

i would like more features in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 14 better than other products which i know about. we can find the endpoint protection complete details like operating system, storage and other availability. So i strongly recommend to use this antivirus to protect small and enterprise organisations. Sonar feature will detect as Zero-Day attacks by hackers.

What do you dislike?

i have not seen dislike features on Symantec product. Symantec needs to improve push deployment tool because when we deploying the agent need to check the operating system bits.

i have facing in my organisation duplicate entries are created on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Learn more about Symantec Endpoint Protection

Symantec Endpoint Protection Videos

Learning about Symantec Endpoint Protection?

* We monitor all Symantec Endpoint Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.