GoDaddy Hosting

You have all the resources you need, but you pay less since you're sharing them with multiple residents.

Work for GoDaddy Hosting?

Learning about GoDaddy Hosting?

GoDaddy Hosting Reviews

Showing 27 GoDaddy Hosting reviews
GoDaddy Hosting review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"A dependable web hosting company with good customer service"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy Hosting has many different web hosting products that can help simplify and secure your website management needs. The control panel in our shared hosting plan has many tools and options for settings and configurations to very specific needs. I like having the control to add things like custom subdomains, FTP users and MySQL databases. There are many application that available and ready to be installed right within our GoDaddy account. Lastly, the customer service has usually been very helpful and generally reply or pick up calls quickly.

What do you dislike?

The page loading times can be slow during certain times of the day, or whenever another website is taking up resources on our server. The web builder doesn't have as many advanced controls as I'd want, nor does it function in the most intuitive way. It can be difficult for novice users to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think I would recommend GoDaddy Hosting for basic website hosting needs, which is what we use it for. However, I would not recommend shared hosting for mission critical needs since performance could be unpredictable.

GoDaddy hosts many types of web pages that we use for marketing, client presentations, forms and other business needs. It's kind of like a universal storage and display area that we can use for many reasons. The uptime has often been good and there hasn't been a ton of negative page performance issues for our standard web pages. Also, seeing all of the applications available in our GoDaddy account was a great way to explore and learn about new software that could benefit us.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about GoDaddy Hosting
GoDaddy Hosting review by Xavier H.
Xavier H.

"Reasonable pricing and good value for basic web hosting needs"

What do you like best?

The web hosting control panel in GoDaddy offers many useful features for managing our website settings. There are dozens of features all on one page, which allows me to find what I need quickly. We can also see our accounts capacity limits and IP address. The overall dashboard is concise and makes it easy for us to navigate where we need to go. We can create many FTP accounts so multiple users can go in and manage our web folders without being able to access unrelated parent folders. Though GoDaddy offers separate email packages, their hosting plan comes with standard hosting that is great for adding many users. We can seamlessly integrate the emails into most standard email clients for easier access.

What do you dislike?

The email accounts in our hosting plan tend to be a bit slow. It can sometimes take more than 10 minutes to receive an email. However, the standard hosting email accounts are probably not intended to be primary business accounts, but they nonetheless did not perform so well at times. Dealing with all of the tools in the hosting control panel can be overwhelming for those without much web design or hosting account management experience. Managing the account isn't very similar to working with a DIY web builder. There are more components to consider and manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reading through some of the instructional articles to get a clearer idea of how things work in GoDaddy before using it. There are also many videos online that can help walk you through many of the common processes. Compared to other popular hosting solutions, I think GoDaddy is a great value and is powerful enough for basic business web hosting needs.

We can host websites and promotional pages for marketing campaigns, client feedback pages, service descriptions and just about any other web page needs. We can also store files and provide password-protected pages for client and internal use. The overall hosting plan is very versatile and has enabled us to be flexible about hosting pages and storing files. We can link to the pages and files from various outside platforms such as social media, emails and print media.

What Managed Hosting solution do you use?

GoDaddy Hosting review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"Hosting over 40 Websites & Email Accounts and Zero Downtime"

What do you like best?

My entire business is my website and the sites I manage for my clients. If a site goes down, my business is down. In over five years and with over 40 sites under management, have never had even 1 minute of outage or downtime. GoDaddy Hosting is bullet-proof. It's the closest thing to guaranteed as you can get in the world of web hosting.

What do you dislike?

Too many upsells. When I add a new domain to my inventory, I have to click through too many extra screens offering me products I don't need or want. It's not a problem when you're only buying one URL. But when you buy them 5-10 at a time, it starts to waste a lot of time.

Hosting personal, business and client websites

GoDaddy Hosting review by Nate W.
Nate W.

"GoDaddy is the BombDiggity"

What do you like best?

It's simple, easy, and helps me make decisions quickly about sites that I can use and what's available. When I needed suggestions and help, GoDaddy made it easy for me to do this and to think of (and see) other options that were available. This really helped a lot!

What do you dislike?

Not sure that I "dislike" anything. I go there to get websites and it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoDaddy comes with name recognition which equates to TRUST. You know you have a big-name company behind you and can help you get the site that you need and the help that you're looking for.

I wanted to use a website that I could brand and use for my business and they helped me come up with one that worked when my original idea was already being used.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Kyle Y.
Kyle Y.

"A pleasant web hosting company to work with"

What do you like best?

The main hosting control panel makes it very easy for me to check the status of many different elements in my hosting plan. I can add and edit MySQL databases for web forms and software installs, add subdomains, create new email addresses and much more. I also like that the IP address and other standard hosting information is along the left column. That makes it easy for me to access data to host domain registered outside of GoDaddy. I think the prices are also very good, which makes GoDaddy a great value web host.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy isn't the fastest when it comes to page loading times. Since GoDaddy has many customers, it's very likely that we have to share our server with many other users. There will be times when other users produce a great deal of traffic or cause usage spikes in some way or another, which can greatly slow down our website's loading times. Though the customer support can be helpful, they can also take a long time to get a hold of sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend GoDaddy for those that don't have very complex websites with lots of PHP, JavaScript and other dynamic code that could cause a strain on the server. The prices at GoDaddy are generally competitive and you'll get customer service that can walk you through possible issues.

GoDaddy gives us a solid platform for hosting our websites and single web pages for event registrations and promotions. Since we don't really have the need for the absolute fastest loading times, and don't have the budget to get the absolute best hosting package elsewhere, GoDaddy is a great fit for us in terms of services and budget. People that visit our web pages via GoDaddy usually have a positive experience and rarely complain about server issues.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator

"Mostly reliable, does the job"

What do you like best?

Delivers on exactly what it promises. Boasts very good up-time rates although I'm skeptical of the 99.9% they claim. It's straightforward to use if you know what you are doing and their support is actually very good. Works well if you also are integrated with the domain hosting and also makes it easier if you require technical support.

What do you dislike?

I find that for their basic hosting, they really segment their performance offerings to bleed you of a few extra bucks. They are up front about it and it is easy to change at any time. I also don't love their back-end interface but it's not really a deal breaker since you get used to it and it works fine. GoDaddy also likes to nickel and dime you with little addons and bombard you with free addons that trigger renewal notices. If you manage many projects, this is annoying but typical within the industry and also true for their competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you need before getting started. if it's a basic website you are after then I recommend paying a bit more for their dedicated WordPress hosting.

We use two different levels for two different tings. We have an economy linux hosting with CPanel for a basic website that performed just fine. We also use their deluxe windows server hosting for larger and more critical databases and programs.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator in Computer Software

"No Downtime "

What do you like best?

Their hosting service is very outstanding. I never experience any downtime in my site. But what I like most is their constant reminder about my account. They frequently sending a summary account of my account. And also includes promos that made me purchase 3 domain names.

What do you dislike?

The lack of tutorial how to set up the domain name. Most of the tutorials I see are from other users. I hope they can maximize their products by adding tutorials. It is a good market to entice people to buy their products.

We have a blogging site that use for marketing purposes. We put there our feedback and experience and our visitors uses it. Having a site looks very professional. Choosing GoDaddy as our hosting benefits us in our budget. It is very much cost effective

"GREAT PLATFORM!!!! "

What do you like best?

I like how reliable GoDaddy is. Getting someone on the phone who is knowledgeable and courteous is always easy with them. I've NEVER had a bad customer experience or a problem they couldn't resolve with just one call. I also like that the system is VERY easy to use and the support you get from them helps you learn new things so you can stay up-to-date with technology.

What do you dislike?

Some of their prices are a bit high. Yet, you get what you pay for. I also dislike the fact that when they upgrade their products you sometimes have to start from scratch or pay them to transfer the all the information on your site. They might be a bit more expensive than other providers, but they are defiantly worth every penny!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you call the company before you choose a product online. Not only can you get betetr prices and discounts, you can also get expert advice to choose a product that feeds your needs so you don't pay for what you don't need. They are very good at guiding you through the buying process. The seem honest and they don't try to oversell.

Reliability is the absolute 1st benefit that gives you the ability to integrate an effective marketing campaign. The support I get from this vendor gives me the ability to spend less time on tech stuff and more time on other aspects of my business. I've leaned a LOT from their support team and I've been able top keep up and in many cases surpass my competition.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User in Information Technology and Services

"If you are looking for an affordable web hosting provider."

What do you like best?

They have a wide range of prices depending on the kind of website i am creating.There is a plan which i always use called economy plan which is for only 3 dollars per month so for all those who are just starting out their career and need a portfolio this plan suits you well. Also they have customized plans for wordpress and installing any application only takes a minute whether it is wordpress, drupal or magneto.

What do you dislike?

Using godaddy hosting for large scale websites is really expensive, so it is a good option for small-to-medium websites that only use limited storage and bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a web developer i recommend godaddy hosting for those who are just starting out their career and need a simple but fast website to showoff their skills.

They have a simple and easy to use control panel which any one even not software developers can get familiar easily with it. For example when i make websites for clients, they feel comfortable using it. There is also a very useful feature which allow you to upgrade you plan resources with only one click this was very helpful when i was working on the backend of a website for a conference, and in the middle of the conference there was a huge traffic on the site so it went down, fortunately when i upgraded the bandwidth at that moment, the site took only one minute to get up again.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Agency
Agency

"Not a great experience."

What do you like best?

They took care of minor issues relatively quickly. Affordable pricing for hosting. Easy for employees and clients to use.

What do you dislike?

A lot of downtimes, errors on Godaddy's behalf, lack of good customer service. Multiple websites on our server would go down and we would spend all day on the phone with customer service being constantly transferred and hung up on. Transferring websites was very difficult with GoDaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to go with another company if you can.

We use them to host client websites affordably and simply. We also deal with GoDaddy if that is the company that our client already used for hosting their own website. The benefits are affordable, easy to use hosting.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator

"Go (to) Daddy for Website Hosting"

What do you like best?

No frills, easy, simple website hosting! Any issues or questions, easy access to a customer rep. Customer service has always been great and the hosting affordable for our small business.

What do you dislike?

No issues or no dislikes. GoDaddy has always been easily accessible (customer service) and each rep we've come in contact with has always been knowledgeable and personal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, affordable for small business. Great customer service.

No current business problems with GoDaddy Hosting. In the past, we had a situation where our hosting ended and our site was not accessible. GoDaddy troubleshooted the problem immediately.

GoDaddy Hosting review by William S.
William S.

"There are better options than GoDaddy"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up a hosting account. Just point and click.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy overloads their servers. They hosting environment isn't capable of what is promised. If you try to run much above 60% of the host capacity it locks up and slows down. Trying to get help from support is difficult. It's clear they are reading from a script and to get any kind of meaningful information requires time and elevation of a support ticket.

We used GoDaddy for a website/e-mail host and a VPS.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Anthony P.
Anthony P.

"The best hosting interface on the market"

What do you like best?

The cost of hosting is pretty competitive but you get better support than competitors. Also, the interface to manage hosting, set up servers, SSL, etc.. is far superior.

What do you dislike?

Price can be a little higher than competitor pricing. The support queue can be a little bit longer than other places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the most efficient way to get work done, this is it.

I use GoDaddy for hosting my own and several client websites.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Gabriela Z.
Gabriela Z.

"Great for medium to large websites"

What do you like best?

Great for hosting several websites or a medium to large website, the price is great for larger packages. We had a VPS, and considered getting a dedicated server, but in the end we ended up separating each website on its own host. The control panel was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could have multiple admins to manage the account, with different levels of access.

We used GoDaddy for several years to host our websites, we had about 20+ websites in the same VPS.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Heather Lowenstein U.
Heather Lowenstein U.

"We use Go Daddy for our website hosting services and email"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, they handle everything, we have used them for years and been pleased

What do you dislike?

There is nothing is dislike, very pleased with product

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy way to host your website, you should check out Go Daddy

We are keeping our website up and our web domain current. We also use this for our office emails.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User in Computer Software

"Godaddy got the best servers for hosting your site."

What do you like best?

GoDaddy comes with a great control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload you site files, and install add-ons. Also they have windows and linux-based servers and excellent 24/7 customer support.

What do you dislike?

The website builder isn't free so you have to pay for it and their prices are very expensive compared to other hosting providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Godaddy hosting for those who are just starting out and need to get up their website running in no time.

I was able to host my online portfolio using Godaddy hosting and the process was easy starting from creating the account to installing WordPress which was very easy and didn't take time.

GoDaddy Hosting review by lynn b.
lynn b.

"fast and efficient work"

What do you like best?

I have been using godaddy hosting from years and I have never faced any of technical difficulties. My website is live all the time and I love it.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like godaddy dashboard if only they could make it more user-friendly.

I have my church website live and it remains live on godaddy web hosting with no difficulties.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Duraid S.
Duraid S.

"Cheap, reliable hosting. Been using it for years :)"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, you can host many websites and I've never had any downtime or speed issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike. But my websites are mainly low traffic (for presentation purposes), so I can't comment on the performance when it comes to high traffic sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. :)

I can have my hosting and my domains in the same place. It's cheap and easy to use.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Godaddy got reliable servers and good pricing."

What do you like best?

Their control panel is user-friendly and you can just setup you site in just a couple of minutes.Also they have many pricing options like pricing per visits or pricing per features.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their customer service as i had bad experience with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just starting out with your career and need a simple but great website for your portfolio or blog then i'd recommend godaddy hosting as they got the best prices out there.

As a freelancer i have used their hosting plans for months and they got the best prices for people like me who are just starting out.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User

"GoDaddy is Intuitive"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is very straight forward and I have transitioned from another platform to host everything on GoDaddy.

What do you dislike?

I am fairly new to using GoDaddy, and I have honestly not found anything that I particularly dislike at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their website building capability is great too!

Domains, websites hosting, email marketing, and SSL Certificates. GoDaddy allows us to have everything in one central portal which is ideal.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"McWeb Hosting"

What do you like best?

When I learned our contract was up with GoDaddy. It's pretty much no-touch, which is a plus, but I don't trust them.

What do you dislike?

Support which wasn't very supportive. Billing that was rather non-trustworthy. GoDaddy was created for chumps who don't understand what they are doing. And I despise the advertising; sorry, but if I'm going to be a steward for our non-profit's limited resources, I don't want to invest it on something we fundamentally oppose.

Well, although it is easy enough, I was just glad when our contract was up. I don't want to deal with GoDaddy.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator

"Easy to use. Great support"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy offers great technical and phone support. If you don't know how to do something they walk you through it.

What do you dislike?

Lack of freedom on some of the option. Everything is very cut and paste, however, it does make it easier.

Everyone loves the new format and look.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator

"Good Price - Service Could be Better"

What do you like best?

The pricing is great. They have a lot of products that you can bundle together. Only had one experience with service going down, so pretty reliable.

What do you dislike?

Contacting them is painful (when you really need help). They also will always try to up-sell you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have all the facts on what you are signing up for.

website domains and email addresses. Consolidated all of our many domains with go daddy as well as our company email addresses.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"99 cent deal loops you in"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to manage. Email alerts keep me up to date on my domain status.

What do you dislike?

Lots of added fees. Definitely pay to go unlisted or risk getting a million spam phone calls a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get listed as private!

Web hosting. One of the most important parts of most any business!

GoDaddy Hosting review by Administrator

"Fast and no to expensive"

What do you like best?

All the tools and the simple of the navigation to work.

What do you dislike?

When the system is down or problems with the transfer of servers.

GoDaddy hosting save me time with my company to integrate different hosting and domains of the company.

GoDaddy Hosting review by User

"Reliable hosting for your site"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about GoDaddy hosting is their customer support. If you have a problem, they are always willing to help you.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is that they do not offer out of the box support for Django built sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a professional hosting service, then GoDaddy is the way to go!

Building a one stop news source for everything that is interesting. GoDaddy provides the infrastructure to support my blog.

GoDaddy Hosting review by Elisha  S.
Elisha S.

"Good place to get domains"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and easy to use backend with legitimate domains

What do you dislike?

needing to use WordPress or other e-commerce for the live website.

Registering domains and renewals are easy, as well as pointing sites to other platforms

Learning about GoDaddy Hosting?

* We monitor all GoDaddy Hosting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.