Afternic

3.5

Afternic is a domain marketplace where domain owners can list their domain for sale, and prospective domain buyers can review available inventory.

Work for Afternic?

Learning about Afternic?

Afternic Reviews

Showing 37 Afternic reviews
Afternic review by Harpreet P.
Harpreet P.

"Average domain marketplace service. "

What do you like best?

PROS

– Afternic fast transfer with GoDaddy is awesome, and being listed in the path of GoDaddy by default and listed as “premium” is huge

– $25,000 BIN price max is reasonable (compared to Sedo’s $10k)

– No max price limitation on “make offer” minimum

– I’ve never had a buyer back out of a sale

– Great customer support and service

What do you dislike?

CONS

– 6 day hold on funds before payment is too long. Other marketplaces pay the same or next day — this should be reduced by at least a few days, at least for names that end up transferred to GoDaddy where the name is protected.

– no ticket/tracking system for support

– domain management interface is bulky and having to scroll horizontally to view columns sometimes causes me to go back a page and lose my progress

– When you first add a domain, too many go straight into “pending review” and stay there forever (until you send an email).

Buy / sell domain marketplace

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Afternic
Afternic review by Robert N.
Robert N.

"Great idea--but leaves more to be desired."

What do you like best?

Having a designated platform for the buying, selling, and I suppose collecting or shelving domains is a great idea. Having all the different facets of the domain game in one singular location is immensely helpful. It's kind of like a Facebook marketplace for domains.

What do you dislike?

I think the user experience and visual design are super bare bones. There is quite a bit more that can be done with the platform to increase its usefulness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it serves its purpose for sure. It takes out the middlemen of domain brokers that we usually have to deal with when looking for new domains that are already taken.

We used the platform to monitor and look for new domain names for new media properties we were developing.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Afternic review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"An Auction House for the Exact Domain You Need"

What do you like best?

I was skeptical when I first signed up for Afrernic, but I was quickly able to search through the catalog for an available domain name. While I wasn't able to find the exact domain I wanted, I was able to find something similar with ease. While I am currently in the middle f a re-branding, I have been using Afternic as a more supplementary tool to research available domains.

What do you dislike?

Once I was in the process of planning to purchase a domain, I began to receive an over-abundance of emails regarding price increase and deductions. These became so inconvenient that I had to terminate the auction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Afternic is a fantastic service to find the perfect domain available in the marketplace, just make sure your pricing is correct, as representatives from the company have not necessarily been clear of when initial bids end and you can end up paying much more than you intended.

Instead of registering a domain with a typical builder/host/vendor, I wanted to try the auction route. While there is plenty of promise, I found my solution with the more traditional route.

Afternic review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Selling my domains via Afternic"

What do you like best?

The signup process was very easy and the user interface is intuitive to get around. I was able to list my domains for sale very quickly. I like the fact that I could choose a minimum offer amount as well as list an outright buy-it-now price. They also have some interesting parking options that I will be taking advantage of for one of my more high-trafficked domain names. It's also very easy to transfer names from GoDaddy, a feature I very much like. I also love that my names will automatically show up on GoDaddy since they own Afternic.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the waiting "hold" time for a seller to be paid. For a while they had "pending reviews", something that I get very impatient with and other services like Sedo don't have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domains are very easy to list here and it's no cost to get them listed. It can't hurt to give them a try.

I haven't really solved any yet since I have not yet had a domain sell. I do have the benefit of knowing my domains are listed there and getting views.

Afternic review by Thomas J.
Thomas J.

"Huge Marketplace; Great for Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

Quite simply, my favorite part about Afternic is that the auction-styled nature of the website ensures you're not going to pay more than market value for your domain. I haven't had any interest in selling domains, but my business partner and I find Afternic to be an invaluable tool as we're revamping our online presence.

What do you dislike?

I've been using it for less than a year, and to be frank, from a purchaser's perspective, I cannot think of any problems I've encountered. One idea would be to have a texting notification service to give real time updates of bidding so that users can see track their bids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic tool. I was drawn to Afternic as the manager of a small business needing a new domain name for our online presence. Now, I'm thinking about utilizing Afternic as seller. The software feels like eBay for websites. It's awesome!

Afternic has served me as a transparent tool to purchase domain names for our small business. It's a simple, easy process. When we first started shopping for domains, I found myself a bit intimidated by the process because it was so unfamiliar to me. Afternic's platform is super easy to use and crazy simple.

Afternic review by Sally T.
Sally T.

"nice and easy does it"

What do you like best?

The best feature of this site is the incredible ease of use for the customer. The site is clearly displayed to make buying and selling domains super simple. The steps to buying a domain are simply outlined and this is very useful to those that are not very skilled in computer usage and buying domains. I also see that selling domains is also an option and this can help people make more money through such an easy system. The auctioning of the domains is very simple and easy to learn even for a first time user.

What do you dislike?

The negative aspect of this software is that they change a percentage for selling domains. So the site receives a commission on your domain sales which I personally would prefer to not be the case. It is also difficult to build a clientele to sell to. One must also build their own leads in order to find the people to purchase and sell domains to and from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this software because it is incredibly easy to use and very easy to quickly learn to sell and buy domains for any business.

This program helps me save time due to the fact that I can both buy and sell domains from the same platform. The ease of use of the dashboard helps with saving time that one does not have to spend training in order to use, and can immediately start to use the program to its best usability. Afternic also helps weed out the domains that are not being used efficiently.

Afternic review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Nice and comfortable site that allows you to buy domains"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the site is to use. Everything you need in order to buy the domains is easily visible on the dashboard and you can clearly understand the steps of buying the domain names. It also gives me the ability to sell domains, which I haven't tried yet but it seems like an interesting option. You can buy and sell domains with Afternic, and make money through it too. It's a great little site to use.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be the offers that the site gives out aren't really appealing. I don't have much to complain about though, I'm just nitpicking.

I use afternic for Fiverr because a lot of my clients want me to create a domain for them, and once they don't want it, I resell it. I've realized the benefit to this site is how fast the domain names well.

Afternic review by Anika M.
Anika M.

"Hit or Miss"

What do you like best?

I love that this site allows you to purchase and sell premium domaines. They have a variety of options out there for you to choose from and most of the time their customer service reps are amazing!

What do you dislike?

One thing that we don’t like is that they can jump prices easily for you and sometimes they take forever in transferring the domain. We have also had a few problems with receiving emails from 3rd parties who said they have worked with godaddy and afternic. We never agreed to allow our information to be used in other places.

We run quite a few different sites within our building! Afternic was a great resource for us to sell domains we didn’t need anymore and also find domains that we could take over for other ministries and businesses we started.

Afternic review by Matthew E.
Matthew E.

"Best Place to buy and sell your domains without hassle"

What do you like best?

I like using afternic to buy domains that people are squatting on. Working with afternic makes it easy to contact the prospect and negotiate how much they want for their domain. I also like exploring for new domains for business ideas and prospecting.

What do you dislike?

I don;t like the user base that comes along with afternic. You have to attract your own clients and most of them come when you park your domain. Ideally this is the best way to find leads, but it could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for places to buy or sell a domain i recommend looking into Afternic or it's competitor Flippa.

Afternic is allowing us to get rid of domains that we have when clients fall through on deals and we already the domain.

Afternic review by Dayanna M.
Dayanna M.

"Afternic dominios en internet compra y venta"

What do you like best?

Es un sitio de subastas de dominios en internet. . Lo bueno de las subastas es que su visibilidad es alta dentro de la web de Afternic e incluso entre domainers que han escogido estar atentos a todas las subastas.

What do you dislike?

El cobro de comisión por las ventas de los dominós

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es mas competitivo con respecto a otros sitios ya que permite tener mas presencia en la web

Se ha logrado alcanzar una presencia significativa de los dominios en la web.

Entre los beneficios es que mi dominio tiene mucho mas presencia, las tasa de pago son mayores, No hay precios límite.

Afternic review by Tunde S.
Tunde S.

"Easier to setup for selling Domain names"

What do you like best?

If you want to sell your domain names, afternic is an awesome place that doesn't take much hassle before listing your domain names for Sale.

Its pretty simple and straightforward. Their dashboard is also pretty easier to use and navigate

What do you dislike?

I don't think there's something i dislike with Afternic for now.. Most especially when its much easier to setup and use

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to sell your domain name faster, Afternic is the best deal

Selling domain name

Afternic review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Straightforward and smooth site that gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

The instructions and site layout is easy to understand. For someone buying a domain for the first time, this site was very easy to navigate through, and made it user-friendly. I haven't used the sell domain part of the site yet, but it is something our company is planning on using within this month or the next for other projects.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about the site. There are times where the site may be overloaded with traffic, so sometimes the site takes a while to load regardless of how fast our bandwidth speed is. The site's UI could be improved in some manners, but it gets the job done, so that isn't an issue. The prices that the site uses to sell some domains though is a bit high compared to other competitive sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, but do keep an eye out for other competitor sites and cross check prices with those sites. The customer service support staff is there to help you, and does a good job at it too.

We're using Afternic to purchase domains for our company and projects the company is currently working on. The benefits of using this site are ease of use and a reliable customer support network.

Afternic review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Review on Afternic"

What do you like best?

– $25,000 BIN price max is reasonable (compared to Sedo’s $10k)

– No max price limitation on “make offer” minimum

– I’ve never had a buyer back out of a sale

– Great customer support and service

– no ticket/tracking system for support

– So many names show as “already listed” when I try to add them. You guys should implement a separate way for users to flag a domain that they just registered but cannot add because it’s already listed. Using the contact form every single time to get this fixed is annoying — create an automated process or a fast-track way to flag these and get them listed.

– Why can’t I change my user login username for security purposes? Maybe 2-factor auth at some point ?

– Can’t see the number of people that viewed our “sales landing page” — this is very useful to measure interest so please consider adding it!

It could use some help but overall the platform is great. It's still my favorite marketplace and the place where I've made the most sales.

Afternic review by Wayne N.
Wayne N.

"Afternic Domain Sales Destination"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive platform and interface. Also, security is important and they have implemented a robust system to rpotect user's information and preserve the integrity of the transaction process.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's challenging to connect with a real person for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Afternic has stood the test of time. It has made it through many changes in the industry and has negotiated and successfully partnered with other professional entities, which makes choosing Afternic an easy choice to make.

A single point of consolidation for domain sales and domain inquiries. They are also partnered with other industry leaders, which makes it ideal to perform integrations and cross-platform referencing and confirmations.

Afternic review by shawn l.
shawn l.

"Afternic is a one-stop site to buy domains, sell domains, and park domains"

What do you like best?

A premium domain allows you to get traffic quicker, and has inherent credibility with consumers. Their technology is state of the art and optimizes performance based advertising parked landing pages using dynamic templates and keywords.

What do you dislike?

there are many similar companies to Afternic- its not an special company. but I believe it to be the largest full service domain marketplace. it is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can be a Domain Seller, Buyer or Owner. Each service gives unparalleled results. Owners delivers accelerated domain sales.

It is backed by a world-class customer service and domain sales executive teams that provide the education and experience necessary to close sales.

Afternic review by User

"Afternic for a non-tech person "

What do you like best?

I like that I never felt like I needed to excessively google in order to understand the functions and processes that were required in order pay for a domain.

What do you dislike?

I have not used it so much that I have encountered any problems, though, I have heard that it has taken many days to receive and authcode for domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this was very helpful for my team and I because it allowed us to show a level of professionalism that we were not able to obtain from using free site names because we did not know how to purchase a domain.

I have been able to purchase domains for when Stanford events require specific site names and this has been helpful because it is more professional than having a free word press that does not look too legitimate.

Afternic review by Danielle M.
Danielle M.

"Gets the job done I guess"

What do you like best?

It allows you to buy premium domains and sell them

What do you dislike?

I dislike the website itself, not user friendly also the pricing structure seems off I always see cheaper rates on other sites. They also don't give suggestions for other websites like .org .gov etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be sure to compare this to other sites before you actually use it. There are tins of sites that offer the same service. Just go a quick web search for "buy premium domain names" and be sure to do an overall comparison.

Getting a premium website name that helps generate traffic

Afternic review by User

"Afternic allows one to buy and sell domains online from a browser-run user interface"

What do you like best?

I like that you do not have to download anything to use Afternic. It runs on Google Chrome browser and possibly other common browsers. The user interface is easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I somewhat dislike Afternic's user interface color palette. It looks somewhat dated, like it belongs in the early 2000s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software seems useful for people who need to buy and sell many domains.

Afternic is mainly for people who would like to acquire and sell domains. It would benefit mostly people who want to to a lot of this type of transaction.

Afternic review by User

"One of the easiest experiences I have had buying a domain. "

What do you like best?

One of the best processes I have experiences through not only buying but also selling my domain. From start to finish it was quick and painless. At one point I had a question and was quickly in touch with a rep who helped me through every step. In addition, the deal I got on the domain purchase was was cheaper than anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

As of now I have had no issues and there is nothing that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, I guarantee you wont find better service at such a great price anywhere else.

Searching and buying the right domain for an organization can be long and painful, but Afternic made it so so easy. They made this process for me and my colleagues so quick and inexpensive.

Afternic review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Interesting Concept"

What do you like best?

Afternic was an interesting concept. The website and software is designed well but we struggled to find a long term use for it in our company.

What do you dislike?

The pricing was very high for what we needed. It seemed that it could have been easier to go through another provider like GoDaddy or IVR.

We are currently not using it as our experience with it was just a trial run. As stated above, we decided not to use it because we didn't have the specific problems it would have been able to solve.

Afternic review by User

"Prices are ridiculous! Basically a scam!"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything! It is pretty much a scam site that is looking to get your information and overcharge you for a domain.

What do you dislike?

Everything! For someone who hosts websites, theirs sucks! It isn't user friendly AND it is super buggy. One minute the domain search will work then the next you just keep getting error pages. It is HORRIBLE!! Don't go with this domain host! It isn't worth it!! You will regret it in the long run!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it! Other sites are 100000000x better and more trustworthy! I would never recommend going with this company! Do yourself a favor and just avoid this one all together!

None! They are horrible and I will never work with them again.

Afternic review by Administrator

"The place to sell your domains for good money!"

What do you like best?

This is a good website to buy and sell your domains. They give you pricing on how much to domain is estimated to be worth, and how long it would take to be sold. They also offer domain parking to be able to get money from website visitors while your website is parked!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the pricing and surcharged to actually get your domain sold. It is complicated to get your money after you've sold your domain too!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on selling domains, afternic is the best place to go for this. I recommend using it to park domains you don't use with high traffic!

Getting rid of domains i don't need.

Afternic review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"Powerful and simple way to earn "

What do you like best?

This is so easy to use and seems to have a high ceiling for ambitious people. Launching is simple and it seems useful. You can make money even from a domain that isn't active.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much. The search and negotiating tools are handy and work well.

Having an agent negotiate on your behalf for domains with unlisted prices. Millions of prospective domains available and easy to find.

Afternic review by Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.

"Afternic Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease that this website provides. It is very straightforward and eliminates any confusion for me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the domains can be a little overpriced.

We constantly have to switch up and buy new domains for our network's traffic. Afternic makes that really easy and it also allows us to quickly get rid of any domains that are no longer useful to us as well.

Afternic review by Luis G.
Luis G.

"The largest domain store in the world."

What do you like best?

That you can search for domains to buy and sell. You enter a word to search for your domain and, if there is not, it shows you similar available domains.

What do you dislike?

The prices of some domains are quite high, the offers start from high prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, there are a variety of domains.

I haven't bought any domain yet, and I have not sold any.

Afternic review by Consultant

"Review "

What do you like best?

It makes it so easy to sell domains in our company. It may be hard at first to nativagate. Once you receive training, it’s awesome. Your company can earn money while the domain is for sale.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price to purchase it. It’s a bit costly and sometimes it difficult to get technical assistance.

We are solving the issues with selling domain names. Afternic makes it so easy once you are trained. We have realized that you easily sell a domain name while earning revenue.

"Best Domain Site!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of access of the site. It is very user-friendly no matter the age.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price tag associated with this product.

I have solved many business problems such as allowing me to get traffic quicker and the credibility is also great for consumers.

Afternic review by User

"Hassle-Free Domain Marketplace "

What do you like best?

I love that the accessibility of Afternic is so pristine; they make it so easy to bid on & purchase domains.

What do you dislike?

If you are selling your domain, it is not very easy to attract customers to your listing i.e., not along of options for domain marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this site to make profit of domains that are no longer in use; it is very user-friendly & will not disappoint!

Allows for a more streamline way to sell domains that are no long in use.

Afternic review by User

"Afternic could be better"

What do you like best?

Afternic is easy to use to buy and sell domains. It’s great that not only you can buy buy you can also sell domains. Great way to earn!

What do you dislike?

Afternic charges extra to sell domains.

I create domains for clients and can then sell them if needed.

Afternic review by User in Higher Education

"Regular"

What do you like best?

This is a program I recently started using and honestly I am not loving it.

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes it can be rather slow when other programs are much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a way to update I would say make it a little faster.

Like I had stated previously I feel like it is slow and not efficient.

"My Afternic Review"

What do you like best?

Great customer support and service. Huge reseller network gives you amazing exposure. Fast transfer makes transferring easy and secures money right away.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay 20% of to the site which in opinion is little too much.

Looking for any good catchy domains that may fetch more money in future.

Afternic review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Awesome program "

What do you like best?

Is easy to build a website growth man and create custom made websites create a new business

What do you dislike?

None Everything looks great and easy to use and helps you create a new business

Is solving problems issues for your website for your business and helps you understand business

Afternic review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Hard Pass"

What do you like best?

Friendly sales staff...but it's not worth it to try to work with this company!

What do you dislike?

Customer support is super slow, but friendly. The original quote I received suddenly increased once I started showing interest in a specific domain.

None

"AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

it is very user friendly.. I can't say enough good things about it

What do you dislike?

Not sure there were any cons to this product. besides the occasional glitch

i am able to servce my customers better through optimization

Afternic review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Afternic is useful, but the site should improve"

What do you like best?

I like that it can be very fast to sell a domain

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the prices are kind of hidden

Sold of a couple of domains when we completely overhauled our inventory

Afternic review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great spot to buy domains"

What do you like best?

Their suggested website domains will help you identify good options for your site

What do you dislike?

They have a lot of domains but you’d have issues buying a domain that they don’t own obviously

New company domain

"Good domain web"

What do you like best?

Great opportunity to create yoir own domain

What do you dislike?

High price to get your website comparing with other companies

Domain and website

Learning about Afternic?

* We monitor all Afternic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.