ZoomInfo Reviews & Product Details

Director Business Development
What do you like best?

Very accurate leads database for sales prospecting. Good sales tool that I use daily . Nice User interface. Simple to navigate around. Scoops on prospects upcoming projects are also very useful and good for the team to stay on top of track as they hunt for deals. If the lead is not in the database you can request for help hunting them down and they usually take 24 hours or so to get back to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be somewhat expensive for a start-up company with very little budget. Too many Ala-carte options that can add up and be very costly. building a list and alerts are somewhat clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out if you can to see for yourself, DiscoverOrg has since acquired RainKing but I miss Rain Kings UI. They need to fix the current UI, as it's not as easy to navigate in my opinion. The data itself is good, but they are selling everything ala carte, so you have buy different data sets which could end up being very expensive by the time it's all said and done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great tool to prospect new business to build sales pipeline. Finding companies that are similar in vertical is a nice touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZoomInfo Overview

What is ZoomInfo?

ZoomInfo Powered by DiscoverOrg combines the world’s most comprehensive business database with best-in-class technology to fuel your go-to-market strategy from start to finish, and provide an accurate, 360-degree view of customers, prospects, and opportunities. With robust features and integrations seamlessly incorporated into your workflows, the company is on a mission to deliver MORE. More leads for sales and marketing teams. More closed deals for sales organizations. More efficiency for operations. More control for leadership. And, more profit for everyone. ZoomInfo offers solutions to support all of your sales needs— including territory planning, lead scoring, sales prospecting, conducting targeted outreach, and more. ZoomInfo has you covered. With our platform and products you will increase sales productivity, scale success quickly, and rest-assured that your team will hit their number each and every quarter. ZoomInfo is the first ever go-to-market operating system. What does that mean? It means we provide both the data and the technology you need to create a more cohesive go-to-market strategy from start to finish. From understanding your ideal customers to targeting the companies who visit your website in real time, we have what you need to elevate every aspect of your company’s marketing to earn more customers.

ZoomInfo Details

ZoomInfo is a growth acceleration platform delivering accurate and actionable contact and business information to empower your sales, marketing, and recruiting teams.

ZoomInfo

Showing 4,271 reviews
Already have ZoomInfo?
BDR
Sales Operations Analyst
What do you like best?

I like the chrome extension, very helpful and easy to use. I also like the scoops, being able to log on and see new leads has helped me immensely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more updates on smaller businesses and a way to see building sizes. Sometimes one companies that have 10-50 people the contacts haven't been updated in a few months. Also with Covid it would be nice to see if a business is working remotely or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to update your scoops and have the extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work trying to find operational or facility managers for my company. I love being able to just go on the website for a business and use the extension to see if there is any information on Zoom about them. Saves me time from having to go to zoom and search for the company, then click on the company and such. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review and feedback here. I am sorry to hear your expectations with our data have not been met.We have 14M+ Company Profiles, 46M+ Direct Dials, 80M+ Direct Emails, 4.5M+ C-Level Contacts, and we are constantly growing daily, always looking to exceed this.

At ZoomInfo we offer a lot more capabilities than our competitors, and we are always looking on ways to improve for our customers and have the most accurate data possible. We would love to connect with you, if you could email me at colbie.blaisdell@zoominfo.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Advocacy Team

Business Consultant
What do you like best?

- Insights into the company's intent on related projects.

- Getting direct numbers to the right person.

- Company information - locations, numbers, revenue and employees.

- Search filters that allow me to find companies that would be good to prospect and exporting to my CRM.

This really does cut out much of the fruitless activity of searching for companies and battling with gate keepers to get in touch with the right person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Unreliable information - about 80% of the information is correct (that may be a harsh estimate) so from time to time the numbers are fax lines, or the wrong number altogether, but that is true for much of the information on the internet.

- "help" and pop-ups can be annoying, however I am sure that there is an element of user error, so please take that into account.

Essentially like all resources, there will always be something to improve on, but there is no avoiding, that this is one of the more powerful sales tools in my arsenal, and I fear leaving my company and selling without this. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is not a magic wand - but it certainly helps....a lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can search more effectively for companies that I can prospect - excluding companies that would be a waste of time.

Also being able to be much more effective in reaching out to the right person within their organization as opposed to beating my head against the wall battling with gatekeepers etc.

This makes me far more efficient and therefore effective for my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your review! We are excited to hear that there is so much you are utilizing and enjoying with ZoomInfo. Intent, direct phone numbers, company information, advanced search filters, and so much more; all of these features are the perfect combination to Hit Your Number, and get in front of your ideal customer. As you said it, ZoomInfo cuts down all that time trying to find the right person, and immediately puts you in front of the right person creating for more efficiency in your day! We can't wait to hear more success from you and your team at TPx Communications. Please let me know if there is anything more we can help you with!

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Advocacy Team

Business development representative
What do you like best?

I found Zoominfo to provide a user-friendly experience when it comes to the platform layout, it is easy to understand and look around. The filters displayed are essential to finding the right type of prospects for each industry and helps narrow down the search to key prospects that we require to build a solid CRM that consequently allows our business high potential for growth. It has a broad database where we are still finding new prospects after years of use, it is overall an important tool for data enrichment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What happens occasionally is that some numbers are wrong or outdated, this also happens with some of the prospects´ position within the company given they are no longer working with the companies we have added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zoominfo is great for data enrichment, take advantage of all the options and filters to help reach your target prospects, in case any dead data comes out just remove it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the lack of prospects to reach out and nurture out data base, it is continuous work and we are always on the look out for new business opportunities, this is a great contribution to the goal of growing the business. The amount of prospects active within the data base are what we found beneficial for the same reason, also that is linked directly to our CRM which makes everything a whole lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Demand Generation Manager
What do you like best?

I love the filtering system of the advanced search function because it helps me to create very finely segmented lists of leads to market to and ultimately results in better quality leads to pass to sales. I also like that I can create a profile of our ideal customers and limit my searches to those contacts and companies. Additionally, my company is expanding to new markets. It's very helpful to check out prospecting data for our sales reps in these new markets on one hand while also changing up the required data slightly to select for potential new leads for specific campaigns in these new territories, taking a multi-channel approach to getting new business in a new market from the very beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm a recent user so I'm not sure yet if this will be an issue, but I suppose I'm concerned about having enough credits to use for FormComplete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many different features that could potentially be part of your ZoomInfo subscription, so be sure to fully evaluate which ones are right for you as you demo this product. Also, don't worry about having the information you'll need to onboard the platform effectively—ZoomInfo has so many amazing education tools and videos including a comprehensive certification program to get users off the ground running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better Marketing and Sales alignment. Gives us a solid launching point for important, actionable conversations around qualifying leads. Sales and Marketing alignment is important to me and my role, but until now, it has been challenging to frame the conversation around lead scoring, etc, in a way that would actually allow us to take make marketing decisions based on our decision criteria. Lining those up with ZoomInfo advanced search variables means we can all prospect and market to audiences with the same understanding of what makes a good prospect and how to find those contacts and accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Nikki,

This is awesome! Thanks for your review. We are so excited to hear that ZoomInfo has been a crucial piece in helping your company, Impact Networking, expand into new markets! We also love to see that Intent and Scoops are some of the features your teams are utilizing to get new business. These are some of our favorite features too! We can't wait to hear more success from you, please keep us updated!

Business Development
What do you like best?

On the technical side, I like the ease of functionality and a variety of integrations with CRM and sales engagement tools. It is super comfortable and quick to export contacts; it is great that I can find all contacts in one platform in the first place. Of course, the Intent feature and Scoops are the most beneficial when it comes to researching how companies are doing. I do research every day, and it is important to me. The Technology section can be a great way to find out what platforms companies already are using or what they are dropping. Also, love the ability to create custom search filters, lists, and ICP. That helps in daily tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but I will appreciate improvements when it comes to the speed of updates. Accounts are better, because, for instance, companies get acquired way less frequently than people moving around firms. Thus, improving updates on contacts' employer and title, or retirement status, can be very helpful. It is a minimal problem but can be improved. Also, just a suggestion to include more firms in the "Similar Companies" section. It works well, but more competitors indicated there will be a good addition (considering a variety of segments as per given industry). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend it if you want to have one platform to find and utilize sales intelligence. That does not preclude you from using others either but rather becomes a core tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving for finding key information I need to succeed as a BDR (accounts, contacts, company news, etc.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All of the information at your fingertips - the ability to drill down into the structure of a company and look at key contacts / get their Linkedin information, mobile number, etc. Love the Zoom extension - where we can get a person's cell phone number directly from their LinkedIn page without needing to go to an external site and try to guess at who we're calling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can currently think of... It's not really a dislike, but it would be nice if literally everyone had phone numbers and social media attached. I can't see that as something that's possible either though... All around, the product is excellent and helps make my job a lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's got everything that you'd need to effectively recruit and do your job. Lots of great insight and time-saving tricks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting someone's phone number quickly and efficiently - not wasting time hunting information down on someone. It saves a lot of time not needing to go to an external website (my family tree or ancestry, etc.) and searching a person by their name and zip code. Being able to click their name on LinkedIn, use the Zoom extension, and find information on them is quick and easy. Adding people to a mailing list through Zoom is a lot quicker than adding them through any other method. Directly checking people's names off and submitting them makes the process very quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The option to filter leads efficiently and copy and paste them straight into an excel sheet is very helpful. I also programmatically get contact details. Given that the chrome extension gives up to 200 leads per month, this is especially convenient. It is also useful when you already have accounts to go after and just need email addresses.

Zoominfo also launched a new email sequencing tool for free. Not only that, but there is a way to filter through if a contact has a mobile phone versus a work phone. This is helpful as there can be issues when contacting a lead, and there are long wait times. By adding a filter to access a number straight to the contact themselves (as opposed to their work), it is much easier bypass hold times when contacting. After constantly contacting leads after leads, this makes it much less time consuming to communicate straight away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zoominfo is a rather expensive product for those that are working for a small team, so if you do not make the most of it, it can be quite pricey. It also can be inconvenient to view the contact information when logging on websites or to check what their email is as it uses one of the 2000 views you can use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those using Zoominfo, I would suggest watching the videos because they make using the website very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The accuracy percentages have helped to make sure the info for leads are true, and being able to copy and paste straight from websites such as Linkedin is beneficial. There is also great coverage outside North America, and I realized I no longer have to limit my searches to the US. Furthermore, working with Salseforce, I can automatically see if is already in the website, which helps save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ZoomInfo is a tremendous tool for category research. Choose an industry and its related verticals, and ZoomInfo puts you in the know about the respective companies and employees. . . anything from organizational structure, annual revenue, employee count, contact information and latest news. Wow. Best of all, it is not a passive site. As a licensee, I receive notifications of intent when the companies I am monitoring are considering noteworthy changes. This maximizes the relevancy of ZoomInfo. What a great resource for anyone in business development! ZoomInfo also helps "sharpen the saw" by providing a knowledge base and tutorials to support my application training. I took their sales certification class, which added a credential to my LinkedIn account. Anytime I needed extra help, I reached out and received a quick, courteous, and satisfactory response. Growing businesses should give ZoomInfo serious consideration as a sales development resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about ZoomInfo. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. Users who don't learn the real potential of ZoomInfo are losing out. It is important to take the time to learn everything about the capabilities of ZoomInfo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZoomInfo enables me to be "category deep" when I am prospecting for certain verticals. I have immediate access to the prospect information and contacts, which saves me valuable time. Doing my research in ZoomInfo has also helped me grow my target groups and generated new ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Don,

Thank you for your review! We wouldn't be this awesome without our awesome customers like you! We love to hear that you are utilizing our intent feature and finding it super relevant. We are also excited to see that you have received your sales certification! ZoomInfo University is a great resource we encourage all our customers to take advantage of it. And as you said, you get to show it off on LinkedIn, doesn't get any better! We look forward to hearing more success from you and your team, Don. Please let me know if there is anything more we can assist you with!

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing Team

What do you like best?

One thing I love is finding leads at prospective businesses before calling. Even when they are the wrong contact, it opens the door just to have a name and number because they're usually far more likely to help you get connected or get a sales appointment than the operator/front desk answering person who's trained to keep you out.

The other thing I love is that you can export those contacts effortlessly to salesforce! It makes prospecting a much more efficient process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For some businesses that are a little less established it is still hard to find a contact and you only have the phone number to call instead. But that is slightly expected with smaller businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool but you need to learn how to use it still and you can't expect it to take the place of good old fashioned prospecting techniques like making lots of calls every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem is that when you cold call a business the front desk people are likely try determine if this call is worth their time even though they are not the decision maker for that solution... having a name to ask for (even if it's wrong) allows you to by-pass them by just asking for that person instead of telling them your access message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that with ZoomInfo you have been able to find leads better and faster. We look forward to hearing more success from you and your team! Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with further.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing Team

What do you like best?

I like that it's simple and easy to use. There is an integration with Hubspot, so it's easy for the contacts to be exported and used almost immediately. Their search functions and scoops are awesome as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't a way to control what properties it takes into consideration when finding a duplicate. Sometimes, there are people who used to be at an institution, and rather than update the contact we already have, it creates a completely new one since not all of the properties were identical. We have had to do some more manual work on that. Also, if you are a company focused on selling into Higher Ed, I would hold off on purchasing this solution. The data is not where it needs to be, but they are working on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to ask a lot of questions in the demos and don't forget about your CSM! The customer service at Zoominfo has been amazing and their team is as frustrated as we are that the data is not up to par for the higher ed industry. They are more than happy to get us where we want to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving for needing to check numerous databases for the accuracy of contact information. We have seen the benefits of having one centralized location that we can go to for the most up-to-date (they're working on this) information possible. This will save us a lot of time in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being a client sales representative at echo, I love having access to the hierarchy of a companies structure. This enables me to get pass the gatekeeper in many cases and it also gives a inside scoop on how and who makes the decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I could complain about is the lack of information for some companies. I also understand that having up to date info is a daunting task on its own, and I appreciate the info it gives me. Overall I don't really have any issues with Zoom Info, it is an excellent resource to have as a sales rep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My main benefit from zoom info is being able to find the decision maker within a company. In my case its typically the Director of Logistics/Operations. If that contact does not have any info, it gives me that name of the contact, which in almost ever case is enough to get pass the gate keeper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to view projects and technologies owned at a particular organization. The features to see the organizational structure and the contact information for the key influencers is hands down a huge time saver and allows you to be more targeted in your outreach. I like the feature if there is missing or stale data to request for an update. Understanding the technologies owned at an organization is super helpful so we can identify whitespace or interoperability with our solution and what they own today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

People move around a lot more from one organization to another and to have fresh contact information and contacts at an account can sometimes be off. It can be difficult at times to manage your newsfeed or get a good hierarchical view of the organization you are targeting. The limited capability to export contacts from zoominfo into a CSV or directly into SFDC is a huge downside, limited to 25 contacts at a time can take a lot of time to export. DiscoverOrg use to allow you to do large bulk extractions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth every penny of your investment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the issue of knowing who are the influencers at an account what are their current projects and the ability to have fresh contact information to reach out and act on the insights you can learn from Zoominfo. I use the tool to help collaborate with my team members particularly with the BDR organization so we can block and tackle together o n the contacts we are targeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to find accurate contact info, build lists, scoops, data intelligence, corporate hierarchy's, etc. I especially enjoy the google plug-in which allows me to see if contact data is readily available at any given time. It's an awesome tool overall and it's gotten to the point where it's necessary for sales folks both inside and field to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've used both legacy Discover.Org and ZoomInfo. The old versions have integration challenges with Dynamics 365. The new instance has improved dramatically. I'm currently on the legacy Discover.Org version but will be upgrading to the new instance in January 2021. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an incredible tool for data intelligence, industry insights, and accurate contact information for prospects and customers. You can also customize lists and modify as needed which is really advantageous.

Unfiltered feedback I'd have is it's just like any other tool out there. "What you put in is what you get out". It can help reap great rewards and initiate meaningful conversations, but it takes proper effort initially/foundationally speaking to create a meaningful regimen/process to get the results you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to find accurate data especially with mobiles for key prospects. The 2020 climate has made it more important to connect directly with folks as most businesses are remote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Business Development Representative
What do you like best?

ZoomInfo's integration with tech tools like Outreach, Salesforce, and LinkedIn makes my workflow simple and streamlined. The Chrome extension allows me to access contact information and export it from anywhere. Being able to easily build lists and configure them to fit my ideal target audience has been critical in my success. The availability of information allows me to get extremely specific in terms of who I want to reach out to and what criteria I want to include. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed that when exporting data from ZoomInfo into Outreach, not all of the information gets transferred accurately. There is occasionally some manual work where I need to add an additional phone number. The contact information of people can sometimes be inaccurate (phone numbers are sometimes not correct). Additionally, I've noticed that company contacts are not updated as frequently as they should be. You may be reaching out to individuals who are no longer at the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZoomInfo has helped me save time finding, creating, and transferring contact data prior to reaching out. I've seen a significant increase in productivity, efficiency, and accuracy with the use of the product. My workflow is much more streamlined, and I can trust that the information I am receiving is accurate the majority of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The amount of detailed data we can get on potential leads is invaluable to both sales and marketing. On the marketing side, the segmentation allows us to build very targeted campaign lists. We are able to find a substantial amount of contacts for our more broad campaigns as well, and have seen good results with leads converting to opportunities even outside our target segments. On the sales side, the insight into company initiatives tells us exactly who to call in our prospecting efforts. Our team is able to find specific contacts they need to get in touch with to further deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When RainKing was acquired by DiscoverOrg, some of the segment options we used regularly were removed, so we are not able to get as close to our target responsibilities as we used to. We also had to relearn an interface we were previously comfortable with. The interface has been changed a few times over the years, causing confusion among our sales team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think carefully about the type and amount of data you actually need and don't buy a data set that is too large or too small...consider your long-term goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use ZoomInfo to drive registrations for all of our events—digital and in-person. We also use it to drive digital engagement with all of our campaigns. These registrations turn into leads, which turn into opportunities, which turn into closed-won business. Our sales team uses ZoomInfo to gain valuable insight into their prospective customers and their business needs. When they call their contacts, they have a much greater knowledge of their initiatives than they would otherwise have. This enhances our close rate quite a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Colbie Blaisdell of ZoomInfo

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your awesome review! We love to hear how ZoomInfo has helped your marketing team build targeted email campaign lists, and convert leads to opportunities faster.

Thank you for your feedback on the the constant updates and changes to the UI as well. We hear you and will take this information back to our teams to keep in mind when we are updating. If you are up for it, we would love to also connect with you and further learn how we can make this process better. Please email me at colbie.blaisdell@zoominfo.com. I look forward to connecting with you!