Zoom Reviews & Product Details

Zoom Overview

What is Zoom?

Zoom brings teams together to get more done in a frictionless and secure video environment. Our easy, reliable, and innovative video-first unified communications platform provides video meetings, voice, webinars, and chat across all devices and spaces. Visit zoom.com. -- Zoom Meetings & Chat -- Zoom Phone -- Zoom Video Webinars -- Zoom Rooms & Conference Room Connector -- App Marketplace

Zoom Details
Discussions
Zoom Community

Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zooms solution offers the video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Zoom Rooms, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and H.323/SIP room systems.

Zoom Video Communications
2011
San Jose, CA
@zoom_us
1,089,393 Twitter followers
4,694 employees on LinkedIn®

Zoom Videos

Zoom Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Zoom community
Have you used Zoom before?

Zoom Reviews

Cloud Engineer
Chief Executive Officer
Head Of Operations
F
What do you like best?

I think zoom is excellent video meeting platform among all available video conferencing/meeting software. I like it's some of the basic features which do differentiate from others. For instance, It give also good video conferencing during low network connection. Screen sharing features and chat box is well work during web meeting. It has very simple and user-friendly interface, meeting start with single touch and easy joining zoom with email or Facebook for new users.

During covid19 outbreak, increase the joining and uses of zoom at high scale due to it high quality video and voices. Zoom is very help for school, colleges, business and other organisations. Its premium features are paid and basic is free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The most common demerit of zoom is that, during web conferencing whenever 50+ participants joined together, voices become dull and unclear if any single person's mike on. Sometime screen sharing features and recording not well work during meeting.This is very dark side of zoom especially in basic free plan. Because premium plan is quite hight and so suitable for big organization or business.

Other worse quality of zoom is frequently call drop during low network on if VPN use on your device. If you run VPN on your device, then you will clear your cashes data from your device for connecting zoom. Instead of this, zoom should be upgrad their chat and add more helpful features in basic plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend zoom for all video webinar either business purposes or personal use. Due to its high quality features, easy of uses, quality support. For school and colleges, zoom is highly benificial for online virtual classes during Covid19 or other pandemic situation. For business, zoom full fill all requirements from management to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have got more benifits from zoom meeting during Covid19 outbreak. Because this is big pandemic situation and at this time work from due to lockdown. Meanwhile, I connect my client with help of zoom. During high network consuming that time, stiil zoom was giving their best service. I easily completed my work from home without going outside. I give thanks for zoom meeting for that situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Coordinator
What do you like best?

Zoom is a great application for video conferencing and meeting if you can set it up correctly. I'm not the best at technology and faced some issues with Zoom, but once you get it up, it's all good after that. I especially like the private chat feature in Zoom because I can send messages and files to specific people instead of publishing my file for the entire departments to see. I also like the virtual background feature, so you can hide your messy house in the background and look more professional at the same time. The video quality on Zoom is spectacular that I can even see people's thin hair lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many of my staff and I had experience one or more issues with Zoom regarding the microphone. I would suggest that Zoom detects the microphone and speaker automatically because one time in a meeting, I did not realize my speakers were off. Funny enough for the whole time, I thought nobody was talking but in fact they were calling my name. I couldn't hear them because my speaker was on the wrong device. My other coworker texted me saying they couldn't hear me, and I just realize the microphone and speaker were not configured correctly. Please make Zoom detect the correct microphone and speaker so I don't have to face this embarrassing issue again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Zoom meetings almost every day. Our supervisor has one link for all Zoom meetings, and we can drop in at any ideal time or required time. We can connect to a meeting even on our phone or when we're not home. Zoom works just about anywhere with an internet connection. This made my work and play schedule especially more flexible for all of us when some of us during the pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
What do you like best?

Zoom is an easy to use software, that provides a simple interface for voice and video calls. Zoom is great for small teams as you can add and view many users at the same time. Zoom allows each person to mute themselves when necessary (incase they are eating, drinking, coughing or cleaning their throat etc), which allows for clear communication amongst others users. Also, being able to record Zoom calls is a great feature.

We have also used Zoom for social catch ups, where we share images through the Zoom chat or the virtual background feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zoom does not work properly whenever we are on a all with a colleague in China. I am not sure if this a problem with Zoom or China's regulations on Zooms software. Sometimes there is also an echo when speaking through wireless headphones, this may down to the headphones possibly. There is also a lag on speech when we have multiple users online, which can hinder team meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zoom is great for team meetings. It is easy to use and they provide competitive prices for their packages. Overall, Zooms share screen and record screen features are ideal for all businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to solve many business problems using Zoom. The share screen feature allows our operations team to share new ideas and concept as solutions for issues we may face within the business. Our engineering team are also able to simultaneously work on coding issues whilst on a Zoom call, improving efficiency and productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Trainee
What do you like best?

Zoom is my first ever video conferencing application used rather than any other video conferencing applications. It is uniquely designed in such a way that the ease of access to the application features is so exciting and interesting in any person who starts to use as an noob. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zoom is good in my point of view since I am newbie into this kind of tech to get on with. They only issues i face is to face the rumors about using Zoom. If it also true what are they going to leak just a piece of convo with my friends let them do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely Zoom is a better Video conferencing application you can thoroughly love to use it, forget rumors of Zoom on data leaking and etc. but its highly recommended app in this crisis to meet your friends and family relatives in it. All you need is just an login and get into to speak to at least 100 persons in one call so go ahead keep connected with your loved ones its just an free advice because i became hero among my friends with this how abt u?? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I came to zoom just to meet face to face with all my friends during the Corona outbreak and it is the only app that gave me an option of adding them a lot of them and that's where it helped me out and it served its purpose well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Social Worker
What do you like best?

Integration with other google devices like calendar. I also like how user friendly it is. I can explain it to my Mom who is older and my dad as well even though he is a senior citizen. I think this is a big strength of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Internet instability can cause a lot of disruptions in my sessions. I don't like that a lot of calls freeze and that it requires such high bandwidth. I notice that it requires me to often close out all my devices just for it to work and sometimes it still doesn't work. I also don't like how it changes based on the platform such as not having backgrounds on chrome computers and not having functions on the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the need to work from home, host webinars, and also screen share. I enjoy the efficiency and the ability to consult with colleagues whenever I want. I think that Zoom helps make things work smoothly and that it creates a good market for live virtual chats.

Zoom also contributes to the problem of social distancing. Early on in our organization we had to distance within our offices, but were able to use zoom to still meet together. Even before the pandemic I was in a satellite office and I wasn't able to get to meetings. We used zoom back then to video conference call me in. I wish that we had this tool more often as I spent a lot of time going in and out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Surgeon
What do you like best?

Zoom meetings are very convenient for carrying out online conferencing or seminars (webinars). It is easy to share the meeting ID and password with the desired participants. Face-to-face virtual interaction is as good as an actual live conversation. Easy streaming and video recording make the meetings available for future references. Good internet connectivity is the only primary requirement for an effective zoom meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Network issues may hinder the smooth functioning of zoom meetings. The streaming depends on the internet connectivity of all the involved participants. Better connectivity could provide smooth streaming. However lively the virtual meetings seem to be, they cannot totally replace the live conferences and seminars. Such virtual meetings might only be considered as a temporary way of communication, especially in a pandemic situation like that of COVID-19. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zoom meeting is among the best available alternatives for attending a conference, seminar or webinar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One can easily attend any ongoing worldwide conferences, seminars/webinars at the comfort of their own home. Zoom meetings for academics are synonymous with the OTT platforms for online movies. There is considerable time, energy, and money saved by attending virtual zoom meetings when compared to that of real live events. It is probably the best alternative to the live meetings and conferences, with the only primary requirement being good internet connectivity.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

Can include many people in video conferences and easy to share documents and screens with other video conference attendees. Global reach of the software allows us to video conference with others around the world. We strongly enjoy the ability to audio call into meetings as well, because this allows for great flexibility for employees. Our company loves to use Zoom as our primary way to communicate and meet during this pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not an intuitive interface when first using the product, however the learning curve to be able to use Zoom well is not steep. I have heard of problems involving muting and turning off video as well. While I have never experienced this myself, others have complained that when muting their audio turns back on. The chat feature is very rudimentary and could use improvements, such as more polling options. Screen sharing with a double monitor use is also confusing, as I am never quite sure which screen attendees are viewing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product for those that need to physically distance but continue to meet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zoom allows us to work remotely and remain involved with projects across the company. Zoom also gives us the flexibility to schedule meetings at times that we would not be able to in person, as well as collaborate with individuals around the world. Using Zoom has allowed our employees to remain connected during a time of physical distancing and encourages moral to remain high, as we are able to see each other's faces when apart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student
What do you like best?

I like how its main focus is to get people in contact with each other, so its very flexible and not very technology advanced. Meetings are organized very fast and the number of people who can join at once is not reduced. The interface is very simple to use. I would recommend this to everyone who needs to hold a meeting during Covid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since its not an instant messaging app, so it takes a lot of data space and optimization. I would also like to see people login with email, but that is mostly me not knowing. Other than these things I think that the software is worth using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped solve the problem of trying to meet with other people while social distancing. I realized that this is the best app to use when meeting with people because it's very simple to use and is very useful when teachers are teaching because you can share your screen for the lesson. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Director