ZipBooks Reviews & Product Details

ZipBooks Overview

What is ZipBooks?

ZipBooks is smart, beautiful, accounting software for contractors, small businesses and accountants. We also make online invoicing and time tracking easier than ever. Our app provides a more intuitive experience and a cleaner layout—plus, it works anywhere. ZipBooks never watermarks invoices, sells your data, or sends you "partner" emails. ZipBooks has all the features you would expect from a mature accounting software solution including the ability to automate transaction import, reconcile your bank account(s), and customize reporting. ZipBooks Accountants enjoy smarter bookkeeping operations such as built-in time-tracking, client texting and payroll integration.

ZipBooks Details

ZipBooks is an online invoicing program designed for small businesses. It is 100% free, forever.

We are the only accounting software program that uses invoice financing as the primary means of profitability. We don't charge a monthly subscription.

ZipBooks
2015
Lehi, UT
@ZipBooks

ZipBooks Screenshots

ZipBooks Reviews

Showing 79 ZipBooks reviews
Already have ZipBooks?
What do you like best?

Zipbooks is a great tool for accounting. It saves you a lot of time, which you can then use for value adding activities. Automatizing invoice creation is really simple, you can track your staffers and much more. The price of the software is more than okay, you get a lot of software for small money. If the well written documentation cannot help you, the customer service is really great and eager to guide you through every problem you encounter. Also they offer a reviewing system for customers, which is helpful to further improve our service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You will certainly notice that the software is mainly for US customers. You can only add American bank accounts, which is a pity since we are not situated in the united states. I hope they will improve and support other countries as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking of staff, creating automatic invoicing, having a review system for customers, and much more. The program helped us since we do not have to spend that much time for the accounting part in our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

The team is always so quick to take care of any confusion or issues on my end and with a smile and personal touch. Stellar support team (Karin & Emily) that can walk you through any issues. It's great to have a team behind you so that you can focus on running a businesses rather than worrying about accounting details falling through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Technical issues with my bank have been a regular thing but is always doe to the bank not Zipbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease and comfort of accounting. No way i would do this without good tech. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Especialista en ventas y marketing
What do you like best?

It is a program to take easily the finances of your company, mostly functional for small and medium enterprises because it has the right tools to keep track of their accounting in an organized manner, you do not need to have a great prior knowledge to use it because it is easy to operate, its interface is easy to use and fast to manage in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no specific point that I do not like this program, has perfect working tools to manage the finances of companies, perhaps with the update of some tools is even easier than it is already to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a program that I recommend mostly for own companies of small to medium format, you can manage your company with this program yourself and without any problem, has different prices and packages for the needs of each person within their small and medium enterprise, that's why I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company we manage to take of a better and more organized way the accounting and finances, we take our records disorganized and with this program and by means of the we could be organized, the tools of work with which it counts are very good and it works to us of marvel, we have managed to save time in question of handling this type of accounting information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a Global Impact in the Virtual World
What do you like best?

I love the ability to track time and projects and then easily create invoices. Whether you are on your own or managing a team, you can keep it all together. Plus it's very budget friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky in the set up process, especially when distinguishing between projects and tasks. The s arch feature doesn't always work well when trying to assign a project to a time entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a Virtual Assistant so time tracking is crucial. I also have a team. I need everyone to be able to track time to the minute in one location. Plus, it didn't break the bank for adding team members like some other programs do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Partner
What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Great Support and my accountant is happy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much, my bank account from time to time disconnects but, ZipBooks support always gets it corrected fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accurate and fast accounting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The customer service. The software is pretty user-friendly, but the zipbook's team is always standing by if I have questions or need help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that then it loads the time entries there is no way to order them by date or project, you have to manually move them around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping my invoicing, accounts receivables, expenses, tax materials, etc organized and in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I am a long time ZipBooks user. I am also an IT Consultant so I install and support the "Q" products as per my clients request. ZipBooks is in my opinion where solutions should be, truly Cloud based, intuitive, accurate, simple and reliable. Having said that all solutions will throw a glitch at you once in a while and ZipBooks support personnel are right there to help, right within the App itself. If you are looking to move to a better accounting solution and company, move to ZipBooks and don't look back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ZipBooks really has to be used through a browser. On a mobile device this can be challenging. I am also a G Suite user and wish my G Suite contacts were synchronized with ZipBooks contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Invoices, accounts receivables and business health reports have never been easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Counter
What do you like best?

I love being able to easily use my own logo. I love how everything is automatically tracked. I love that it is free and you can add expenses, track time, create projects, create tasks within projects, print accounting reports, send invoices and receive payments in the application, recurring invoices available, possibility to set reminders automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it a bit frustrating not being able to find out when it is estimated that my deposits will affect my bank. It may not exist in the software or it may be difficult, even for a daily user, to find it in the menu system. It would be nice if they had some advice / descriptions of different types of transactions and how to register them correctly. However, he was able to solve everything through the Google search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ZipBooks staff has been very responsive and willing to help. It provides basic accounting functions that would work well for a person who is converting his hobby into a small business or a small contract business. If you are new to accounting, ZipBooks is perfect. If you are used to accounting software, this free software is not for you. In general, if you are an individual looking for a great interface to maintain a ledger, this is a great system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started with accounting, but now I use it for billing and time tracking. I can also share with other users. The reports are easy to see and easy to use. ZipBooks facilitates the payment of taxes: in the past I struggled to gather all the necessary information to declare taxes for the company. After using ZipBooks during the last year, taxes are very easy and I do not fear anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contador General
What do you like best?

The software is highly intuitive and easy to learn. The process of uploading receipts, editing previous entries or changing the name of a supplier follows a familiar flow ZipBooks are the features, for example, billing, accounting of projects, debtors and creditors, although the most salient feature of this solution is the ability to track expenses and organize them to facilitate their use in the future, also allows me to manage all expense reports for my projects, control and view the values of current expenses, by category or supplier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of anything I don't like, it's pretty good. I would also like to see more user-friendly / visually appealing reports as well as invoices that is the main reason why I haven't changed had a more modern design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it to all small business owners I know, as well as ordinary people who keep track of their expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before we started using this tool we had to handle invoices in physical, so we had a lot of receipts to be organized, as well as accounting and classification. With ZipBooks everything is done automatically so we reduced our time processing accounting data, improved our workflow by optimizing the tracking of all company finances. We can easily monitor or verify all receipts, classify and label them so that they are easy to use at the time of taxes and allows us to visualize the information in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Consultant at TEKsystems
What do you like best?

It is a perfect tool for managing accounting in small businesses, allows you to do this task without having advanced knowledge in this area, is a program with simple interface to manage and fast learning which makes this program even better for small businesses, this program saves a lot of time, as it gives us the ability to have all the information of our company in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a program that doesn't have problems, it works correctly, its functions can work correctly in small and medium enterprises, but that's not really a problem because this program is focused on those enterprises, although I don't doubt that a future will change that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to consider this program for small and medium companies, it fulfills the necessary tool to have a good administration of these, the program has a completely free version that can work in individual companies, and has different plans with more advanced options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It offers the possibility of maintaining a control of the expenses and profits generated by the company, without the need to have accounting knowledge, allowing us to control and see in real time the different movements generated by the company, we have saved a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Network Manager
What do you like best?

It is a very powerful tool, it is a program with many options that allows to do many things and have a better organization, it has an excellent design, it is a program dedicated to any type of company where it is necessary to keep track of the different movements. Obtaining a perfect follow up of the invoices and allowing to generate a detailed report of how your company is financially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They should include different guidelines or indications on how to use some tools correctly, although most of the program is easy to use, there are tools that you can not get a better use if you do not know them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program for any small or medium company, it has all the necessary tools to achieve a good financial control without being an expert in the area, this application allows an easy use so that anyone can start financial control in a precise way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A managed to improve some accounting details, allowing to have a better knowledge of the different expenses that the company can do, has managed to have greater control at the time of generating the invoices, being able to have a greater control over the losses and profits of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

ZipBooks is very easy to use. No learning curve. And it integrates seamlessly with Square and Stripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’d like to be able to add another user as a viewer on the free version, but that requires upgrading to a paid account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZipBooks has made my invoicing process so much faster. I had been using PayPal and the change has both saved me time and made my invoices look much more professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

User experience: I looked around at all the big players for small business accounting software (freshbooks, quickbooks, etc.). Zipbooks was by far the most modern, clean, and straightforward user experience. One thing, in particular, that I love is that it auto categorizes my imported bank transactions which saves me tons of time.

Gets Better & Better: Zipbooks does exactly what I need it to do. Even better - they continue to develop new, useful features that I didn't even realize I needed (until I get them!).

Specialized Needs: I was very impressed that they could connect with my bank (a smaller institution) rather than requiring me to continuously import those transactions manually. Several of the other software options I considered didn't allow that, which would have made using their products a total slog.

Support: They have in-app chat support. In the few instances where I needed to answer a question, their support folks got back to me within minutes. Really great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use Stripe as a payment processor for our online sales. At the moment, Zipbooks doesn't import our sales directly from Stripe and automatically reconcile them with my bank statements. I imagine they may get there soon given their pace of introducing new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give zipbooks a try - you won't regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As we grew into a more established business rather than a new startup, we were looking to get our books in shape for a variety of reasons. Having Zipbooks has made this a breeze -- our only regret is not starting sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business System Analyst
Research
What do you like best?

Because we can access it from anywhere (many of us work remotely) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard could be a bit more user friendly; however, this is not a show stopper for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting and invoicing for our projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Zipbooks is incredibly simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. I’ve used both quickbooks online and zipbooks for my business and can say, with confidence, that I have no plans to go back to quickbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s still dealing with finance so there are some workflows you’ll. We’d to get the hang of. But that is the case with any bookkeeping software. Their support is out of this world Stella and they will help you out along the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are still a young company. They listen to feedback and they are quick to implement. Their integrations are currently slim pickings (they have 1 integration with square at the time of writing this review). But hey supposedly have more in the works! That’s good news. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organized invoicing and bookkeeping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The ease of use of this app makes it a no brainer to decide to go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of at the moment. Maybe the app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not outsourcing our accounting. We were able to achieve this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The program is mostly user friendly. It allows for invoice creation, sending and collecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is kinda buggy. Some of the chronology in the invoice is confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Design
What do you like best?

It is simple to setup and has a plethora of features for a free accounting software. You get reports, invoices, and even the ability to send quotes. Support is amazing!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Feature rollout is a bit slow. Otherwise there are no complaints from me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allowed me to create needed reports such as profit and loss. I could track time and add it to invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer, MySQL.com
What do you like best?

I was attracted to ZipBooks initially due to their invoicing feature, but I've slowly integrated all the other features they offer into my work flow and it's been extremely helpful to me. The product team is helpful and easy to connect with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few obvious issues with the UX/UI, but the team behind the product are very helpful in working around the issues and taking feedback to improve the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing, payment processing, and tracking bills/expenses. My accounting used to be a total mess, but ZipBooks has helped me spend less time sorting things out every month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder - CEO
What do you like best?

I really like the interface and the pricing. It's very easy to send out invoices and collect payment on those invoices. The automated bank records categorizer is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not nearly as many integrations as some of the others, but for this business it was not a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a free try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of invoices and our overall accounts/where money is going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to sign up, saves information and keeps a history of your activity in the site, profiles and contacts list, and additional tools (not been used) for a company to manage finances Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

probably pricing but so far my experience is as expected Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

handling my invoices to get payment records for my hired services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, Chief Visionary, Lead Strategist
What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automagically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sendoff. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on the fence, Try out their basic FREE plan first, to set up your business (it won't take more than a few minutes), and then play around with the invoicing software. You'll see that it's super simple, easy, and quick to create a beautiful, clean invoice. When you feel like you got the hang of it (again, won't take you but a few minutes) go to their pricing page and decide which plan you need. I'm on the "Smarter Plan", valued at $15/mo. It's perfect for me and my small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ZipBooks primary benefit for me is that it saves me TIME. I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with layout, service descriptions, tax and email settings to get an invoice to the right person. On top of that, the invoices are simple, clean and beautiful, holding to the same high quality of my brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
What do you like best?

I really love the simplicity of the platform, it's so easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, I've been using it for 2 years and I'm yet to find anything I don't like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it, don't even think about it, it's really brilliant and will absolutely change your business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving book keeping problems, no longer need to sit down with a spreadsheet and spend hours on it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney at Law, Member
Law Practice
What do you like best?

2 specific things: the accounting features, from basic to complicated, are not only so easy to use, but ZipBooks' customer service is impeccable; they respond very quickly and go the extra mile to help sort out any issues I may have. I can even access the entire site from my Android.

Accounting features. I am by no means an accounting expert and that is why I love ZipBooks. I run my own solo law practice and everything from time, client and matter tracking, to tracking business expenses, to the most important, billing, is all there in a very accessible format. The best part about ZipBooks' accounting features is that you don't have to be an accounting expert in order to just get to the basic features and needs; all other accounting software I have tried were bloated, overly-complicated and proved to be very difficult to get to even my most basic needs. ZipBooks is simple, the most basic accounting features are all front and center, but if you require more advancing accounting, they've got that too. I don't want to screw around with some overly-complicated system, that costs and arm and a leg, and takes me double the time to do what I need to get paid. Oh, and ZipBooks' features aren't only easy to navigate, but the graphics of the entire site are fantastic, as well.

Customer Service. As I mentioned before, I am not an accounting expert; I'm a 33 year old attorney who started a solo practice from scratch and have no accounting experience but for basic accounting skills. I know what I need to keep track of in order to get paid, but filling in all of that middle in between the first and final step, is where I sometimes need help. ZipBooks is not just easy to use, even for me, but when someone with my experience needs a lot of help understanding how to appropriately enter expenses, and receivables, etc., so that I can keep track of whether my practice is doing good or not by reading my financial report (which ZipBooks also does), ZipBooks customer support is diligent and exceptionally patient with me every time I reach out to them with what is probably a stupid question to someone answering the phones at Quicken. I have lost track of the amount of hours Karin and Emily have spent with me via chat scouring over my entries and transactions that I have unintentionally entered incorrectly, all to get me, a free-subscription customer (at the time), with accurate books. Not only are they diligent, but they're extremely patient with me as well, even as I make unsolicited recommendations on how to upgrade their software.

Specific Pros:

- Emails Invoices instead of requiring paper and mail;

- Customization of Invoices with logos, etc.;

- Automatic Payment Reminders can be set up to be emailed to clients;

- Automatic Invoice/Bill Tracking for late-paying clients;

- Transfers payments to connected banks;

- Customer Service is incredible;

- Customized Finance Reports;

- Easy to Understand Accounts Receivable; and

- Great-looking Website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you read my "What do you like best?" section, you'll realize that I have yet to find anything that I dislike about ZipBooks, and I have been using them for 9 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it; you won't be sorry. I'm only one, single user customer, who only pays $10/month, but with every use, I can envision how seamlessly my growing law firm and additional users will greatly utilize ZipBooks in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A much better and accessible ability to track time and client expenses, which in turn allows me to get invoices out to clients much quicker. I can email invoices to clients which allows me to stop incurring business costs on paper and postage. ZipBooks sends automatic reminders to clients who have invoices outstanding based on the customized rules I've set up, allowing me to get paid sooner. ZipBooks allows me to add my logo to invoices, which allows me to look more professional to my clients. ZipBooks compiles all of my invoiced "sales," expenses, etc., and allows me to view a customized financial report based on accrual or cash basis, which allows me to pinpoint ways to improve upon either my business spending, client retention, and affords me the opportunity to make my business more successful. ZipBooks allows clients to pay invoices via credit card payments and allows clients to view their invoices via a link, which allows them to pay sooner and I, in turn, am paid sooner. Any time I fall into issues with my reports or transactions, or anything really, ZipBooks customer service is there to patiently and diligently investigate and resolve any issues I'm having, or just help explain some of the basic and even advanced accounting skills and terminology, which allows me to be more successful and spend less time figuring it out on my own.

All-in-all, I have three goals in operating my law practice; provide exemplary legal services to clients, get paid for those services, and continue to expand/grow. ZipBooks, by all of the information earlier-provided, most definitely helps make those goals happen much quicker than any other accounting or time-tracking software I've ever encountered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.