Zendesk Chat Reviews & Product Details


What is Zendesk Chat?

Zendesk Chat lets you chat with customers on your website and give them real-time support.

Write a Review

Zendesk Chat Screenshots


Zendesk Chat Profile Details

Zendesk Chat Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Languages Supported
Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Vendor
Zendesk
Company Website
Year Founded
2007
Total Revenue (USD mm)
430
HQ Location
San Francisco, CA
Phone
+1 (415) 418-7506
Ownership
NYSE: ZEN
LinkedIn® Page
www.linkedin.com
Employees on LinkedIn®
3,080
Twitter
@Zendesk
Twitter Followers
75,222
Show moreShow fewer

Companies Using Zendesk Chat

Cisco
Microsoft
IBM
Salesforce
General Electric
Adobe
Google
VMware
Xerox
Intuit
Accenture
Rackspace

Zendesk Chat Reviews

Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
Sort by
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
All Industries
Write a Review
1-50 of 347 total Zendesk Chat reviews

Zendesk Chat Reviews

Write a Review
Filter By
Connections
Show reviews that mention
1-50 of 347 total Zendesk Chat reviews
Copy Review URL
Senior Web Developer
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Zendesk - The best live chat software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can embed a chat widget on my website and when a visitor comes to my site I can engange them through the live chat and then from my zendesk dashboard I get usefull information such as on which page the person using the livechat is at. I also like that file sending is supported and customers can provide screenshots or pictures so as to get help from our agents. In addition, chat ratings in zendesk chat are a great way to collect feedback on how our support has been and the ratings help us develop better support content to our customers.Pre-chat forms help us collect information about visitors before starting a chat which we find very benefitial.

What do you dislike?

Most of the usefull features are available on the professional plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a good and easy way to interact with your clients in realtime at your website then zendesk chat is the software for you.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use Zendesk chat to offer support to our clients on our website and since we started using Zendesk chat we have seen an increase in conversion rates.

Copy Review URL
Technical Support Specialist
Internet
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Cuida a tus usuarios en tiempo real y aumenta las ventas."

What do you like best?

El chat de Zendesk es una herramienta valiosa para la mesa de ayuda. Permite proporcionar información y soporte a sus usuarios en tiempo real.

Puede monitorear constantemente a sus visitantes viendo los activos, los inactivos y también los que abrieron la herramienta de chat en vivo. También puede ver sus referencias.

Al abrir los paneles de usuarios que visitan sus sitios, obtiene mucha información sobre las páginas en las que se encuentran y todas las que han visto. También puede consultar su IP, el navegador que usan, su ubicación y otra información útil sobre sus dispositivos.

Cada visitante tiene su historia. Si ya tuvo contacto con alguien, puede consultar fácilmente su historial de conversaciones al ver al agente y las transcripciones. La conversación puede ser enviada por correo electrónico.

What do you dislike?

Algunas funciones útiles solo están disponibles para el plan profesional (seguimiento de visitantes y análisis de conversión). Si tiene otro tercero para monitorearlos, quedará completamente satisfecho con los otros planes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Le daría una oportunidad a este producto, especialmente si ya está usando Zendesk, ya que conseguiras dependiendo de tu licencia no sera necesario hacer un desembolso mayor. Por otra parte te recomiendo que utilizes la ultima version y configures bien como funcionara y como va a estar distribuido tu jerarquia de soporte ya que un conjunto de departamentos con pocos operarios soluciona mas problemas que un solo departamento con muchos operarios mal distribuidos.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

-Hemos conseguido solucionar un problema de saturacion de tickets ya que nuestro antiguo sistema no era muy bueno, actualmente con Zendesk hemos conseguido mejorar mucho la fluidez y el soporte gracias no solo a un sistema mas eficiente si no que tambien es facil de configurar al dividir todo por departamentos.

-Hace que las personas se sientan más seguras con un producto o servicio cuando saben que pueden ponerse en contacto con un operario de soporte para recibir asistencia.

Copy Review URL
Billing
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great chat experience"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for this software is amazing. I switch between billing and support daily, and I use Zendesk chat for both. It is great being able to give customers a way to reach us other than having to call in on the phone. A lot of people prefer chatting because it is less time consuming as they can multitask when chatting. When I am doing work in customer Support, there is an option to take the chat that has been waiting for the longest. When I am in billing, someone from Support will notify me when there is a chatter wanting to talk to me in billing. I will then go in and cherry pick the correct chat from the queue. Having those two options of which way to take a chat is really cool, as the two different departments take the chats in different ways. It is also capable of keeping track of different stats. I can see what days were more busy than others, how many chats I've taken in a week, how many the company has taken as a whole, any trends, etc.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any dislikes for this software. It has been so easy to use and makes it easier to connect with our customers. When there are no agents on the chat, it will create a ticket for us to follow up on as soon as somebody goes online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great chatting software.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is helping us come closer to our customers, and giving our customers a more convenient way to contact us.

Copy Review URL
Web Designer
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Good support tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zendesk is that it provides a very complete and useful tool to solve the problems of our clients through the web and using a simple chat that invites the user to ask their questions. It also seemed a great success the possibility of creating a bot that responds automatically to the questions of the users.

Another useful feature of zendesk is that it makes it possible to see the user's information in real time, for example, it is possible to see which page they are on, which browser, IP, support history, etc. each user has.

Through the zendesk dashboard we can manage not only the users but also the support staff managing roles, permissions or assigning them to different categories or levels of support. In this same dashboard we can observe the conversation histories, images sent by the support workers as well as the punctuation given by the users based on the help given and if the problem they presented has been solved.

What do you dislike?

Most of the useful functions are only available for the licensed plan such as visitor tracking, conversion analysis. I also do not like that sometimes there seems to be a certain delay when loading the chat when the user has a bad connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you buy the most complete license since it has the most useful features and it is mandatory if you want to manage your site well, especially if you have a large website and a large support staff.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We were looking for an application to support our customers through our web portal and find Zendesk Chat in its trial version, after trying it we decided to buy your license and until now we are satisfied.

Copy Review URL
Support Specialist
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Zendesk Chat a friendly tool for support your customers"

What do you like best?

I like it because it is a simple tool that allows us to easily help our clients with just a chat. Our support team is also much more efficient because using a keyboard is faster than a telephone call.Technically the application is simple for the user who contacts the support since it is only a chat but the support dashboard is very powerful and allows us to configure a lot of options, such as automatic response bots, look at statistics or check the system in real time

Zendesk Chat is also great because:

- It allows to organize the structure of your support team in departments so that the management is more agile and tasks are shared among the team

- You can block certain chat users to avoid spam or misuse

- The application is very simple but perfectly fulfills its purpose

- You can also check the registration of user visits to your website through Zendesk Chat

What do you dislike?

The application is not very big to have significant disadvantages but to say some it could be that, for example, when a user contacts with support does not say in which page is currently, if it could be used to assign this user to the most indicated department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Zendesk Chat if you are looking to provide support to your users in a simple way but that works well and at a fair price.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Previously we used phone support but we understood that customers do not want to call by phone to solve doubts that simply need a short phrase or simply do not want to use the phone.

Copy Review URL
Information Technology Specialist
Computer Software
Enterprise
(5001-10,000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Take care of your users in real time and increase sales"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is a valuable tool for help desk. It allows providing information and support to your users in real-time.

You can constantly monitor your visitors seeing the active ones, the idle ones and also the ones who opened the live chat tool. You may also see their referrals.

By opening the panels of users visiting your sites you get many information about the pages they are on and all the ones they have seen. You may also viwe their IP, the browser they are using, their location and other useful information about their devices.

Each visitor has thier history. If you already had contact with someone you can easily check your conversation history seeing the agent and the transcriptions. The conversation could be sent via email.

What do you dislike?

Some useful features are only available for the professional plan (tracking visitors and conversion analytics). If you have other third party to monitor them, you will be fully satisfied by the other plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give this product a chance, especially if you're already using Zendesk.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Quick and easy customer engagement. It makes people feel happier and more secure with a product when they know they can get in touch with someone quickly and easily for support

Copy Review URL
Technical Support L1
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

Amazing Support Chat platform. I use it daily to handle customer issues. The ability to craft the support environment to be transparent for team members to collaborate is a unique feature that really allows my team to work with each other to best support our Customers.

What do you dislike?

The platform is RAM intensive on the hardware side, have noticed some latency issues when using a laptop with 8GBs of RAM, this has been reported by several of my peers as well. Only seems to be an issue when 3 or more chats are going simultaneously on one machine. Didn't notice this occurring on a laptop that was beefed up with 16GBs of RAM.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am solving website and server issues for a hosting company. Our customers are easily able to communicate with the support team and share what they are experiencing through drag and drop capabilities with screenshots and text files. The customer is easily able to pass any vital info to the tech through these methods allowing our support team to more quickly pinpoint the issue and reach a resolution.

Copy Review URL
Support Hero
Outsourcing/Offshoring
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Modern way to communicate inside/outside of the organization. "

What do you like best?

What I like about ZenDesk is that it has many tools and options. I like the fact that you can connect with other people, internally and externally. As well, I like that I can customize my notifications. It integrates with much other collaboration and the office tools I use. It is amazing the ability to communicate via text easily and the chat transcripts are immediately sent to our email.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about ZenDesk is that it is quite expensive. For a new user, I can tell that it has too many features that may cause to be confusing or that it might feel overwhelmed. It would be negative (money-wise) if you use this for a couple of groups, but if this is for an organization, it is really worth it. Another thing I dislike it that at the beginning, ZenDesk only provides 3 accounts. If you want more, you would have to buy them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommend ZenDesk App for organizations that communicate a lot and have LiveChat customer service. There are many other tools that might do the same job as ZenDesk, but they might not offer you the feature ZenDesk does. I have used ZenDesk for quite a time, and even when there is an outage, we get notified and they try to fix the issue as soon as they can. I think ZenDesk is doing amazing.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

ZenDesk provides the ability to communicate fast. It is a great team messaging application with several settings you can customize and different options. Our level of communication has increased thanks to Slack. I communicate not only with my team but with other teams within the company.

Copy Review URL
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"User friendly chat option"

What do you like best?

I like the analytics shown by Zendesk. It allows you to break down specific agent information which is helpful. You can check each agents statistics very easily. I also like the fact that it has triggers, which makes reaching out to specific clients a lot easier. I like that we can see who is currently online. If we needed to reach out to a customer, although it may be odd, we can.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I can say about what I dislike. If I had to come up with a reason, I would say that the way the chat looks on our client end is very simple. This may be something we can change the look of, but that is not something I am aware of. Another thing that came to mind is the way chats are exported. It seemed very difficulty to find specific chats when exported.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend adding in better export options. The current option makes finding a specific chat a little too difficult and not worth it. This is not something we would use a lot, but would be nice to have in certain situations!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The company is basically ran mainly through the internet, so we rely on clients being able to chat with us to ask questions, verify new account, etc. Without a chat option, we would most likely have to rearrange a large portion of our tasks.

Copy Review URL
Billing Specialist
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Amazing service"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat has been an amazing experience with customers and employees. It allows for quick and easy communication among a business and its customers.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has many options with chatting, including the sounds of the chats coming in! Nothing to complain about here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zendesk chat is amazing in the flexibility and ease it brings to the customer and the company. With this efficient product it is hard to not have your customers flocking to you for help with there problems, thus providing the best business possible!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The biggest problem our business has seen solved is the flow of customer communication. From 100% calls to helping more people at one time and having over 30% of our customers contact via chat, it's been amazing.

Copy Review URL
Senior Operations Specialist
Financial Services
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"From Pure Chat to ZenDesk Chat "

What do you like best?

ZenDesk chat is extremely intuitive and also links directly into your ZenDesk console if your organization uses ZenDesk for ticketing and client communication - that makes logging things easy as 1, 2, 3! Like many other live chats, ZenDesk is easily linked to your website.

What do you dislike?

Like general ZenDesk, there are sometimes glitches in the system which can be frustrating when you rely on the product as the life breath of client communication. Other than that, it's a pretty straight-forward, yet dynamic and solid chat system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use the ZenDesk community. It is such a good resource and you can even suggest new features/changes and the community will vote on it an ZenDesk actually acts on it and takes it very seriously!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

ZenDesk chat has reduced inbound calls and provided us with an opportunity to connect with clients in a new way while still providing the prompt service that is expected. A lot of companies are ditching live chat and using answer bots instead, but some situations really need a live person on the other end and ZenDesk chat is perfect for that.

Copy Review URL
Support Hero
Outsourcing/Offshoring
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Very Practical"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is a very practical chat tool that not only properly notifies you when you get a chat, but I love that it shows you who is active, who is IN a chat, who is "Away"; it also shows you the statistics of how many chats you have received throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It would be awesome if the Zendesk Chat tool would have the option of having a chat bubble when not in the chat tab. But besides that, I am very happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for any company that uses chat support. Very stable and has never given us any issues.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is very easy to use and it is great at notifying us when we get a chat from a client. Work is made easier with it. Also, the app is amazing. Very useful.

Copy Review URL
UI
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Zendesk Chat, ein freundliches Tool zur Unterstützung Ihrer Kunden"

What do you like best?

Ich mag es, weil es ein einfaches Werkzeug ist, mit dem wir unseren Kunden mit einem Chat einfach helfen können. Unser Support-Team ist auch viel effizienter, da die Verwendung einer Tastatur schneller ist als ein Telefongespräch. Die Anwendung ist technisch einfach für den Benutzer, der sich an den Support wendet, da es sich nur um einen Chat handelt. Das Support-Dashboard ist jedoch sehr leistungsfähig und ermöglicht die Konfiguration eines Viele Optionen, wie automatische Antwort-Bots, Statistiken oder Systemprüfungen in Echtzeit

Zendesk Chat ist auch großartig, weil:

+Ermöglicht die Organisation der Struktur Ihres Support-Teams in Abteilungen, so dass das Management flexibler ist und die Aufgaben auf das Team verteilt werden

+Sie können bestimmte Chat-Benutzer blockieren, um Spam oder Missbrauch zu vermeiden

+Die Anwendung ist sehr einfach, erfüllt aber ihren Zweck perfekt

+Sie können auch die Registrierung von Benutzerbesuchen auf Ihrer Website über Zendesk Chat überprüfen

What do you dislike?

Die Anwendung ist nicht sehr groß mit erheblichen Nachteilen, aber um einige zu sagen, könnte es sein, dass beispielsweise, wenn ein Benutzer mit dem Support Kontakt aufnimmt, nicht angegeben wird, auf welcher Seite sich gerade befindet, ob er verwendet werden könnte, um diesen Benutzer den am häufigsten angezeigten zuzuordnen Abteilung.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ich empfehle Zendesk Chat, wenn Sie Ihre Benutzer auf einfache Weise unterstützen möchten, dies jedoch gut und zu einem fairen Preis funktioniert.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Zuvor hatten wir Telefonsupport in Anspruch genommen, aber wir haben verstanden, dass Kunden nicht telefonisch anrufen möchten, um Zweifel zu klären, die einfach einen kurzen Satz benötigen oder das Telefon nicht nutzen möchten.

Copy Review URL
Customer Experience Specialist
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Excellent experience for customer and users "

What do you like best?

The performance in general of the tool, it makes your work easier, you can manage tickets and get analitics that help your organization to measure KPI´s

You can chat with people active in your website, it can raise sales

You can create different departments or areas for all the users.

What do you dislike?

Actually a few things, sometimes you cannot change certain configuration just the admin, those things as a user make sometimes a little difficult to change settings when you need them to be changed at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get advantage of all the analitics and statistics, those details provide opportunity areas to improve customer service

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Makes faster customer service

Provides Statistics

Analitics of the web site

Friendly chat

Copy Review URL
Founder
Hospitality
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Amazing Way Chat With Support Team"

What do you like best?

I like that you can add attachments from the chat window right away so the support agent is able to have photo/documents to help resolve your problem. I also like the entire chat can be emailed to you at the end of the session. You can also open the ticket from the email you receive to add more information to the claim.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have problems getting the chat window to load. Although it seldom happens, it has happened at crucial moments where I needed to contact support right away. I checked the internet connection and it was fine. I just couldn't connect to Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure users know how to log in to view/manage their tickets. It's extremely helpful if they log in to add info instead of contacting support again and opening a new ticket.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Zendesk makes it easy to get support, even though my support team is in the Philippines and I'm in the US. They are able to offer me support, no matter what. It has made managing tickets so much easier. I love it.

Copy Review URL
Founder
Computer Software
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Best live chat customer support platform"

What do you like best?

I and my team loved the dashboard of zendesk as well the best thing is that the report of visitor is quick and accurate. We love to talk with our customers from website.

What do you dislike?

We have some dislikes like they don't offer flexible pricing for small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I and of course my whole team will recommend zendesk chat to every company who like to have their customer support team to be very active!!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Using Zendesk, we help our customers get the best support from our side and company.

We are having a lot of benefit like we are now able to connect with our customers directly and that too without any delays.

Copy Review URL
Director, Customer Success
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

We use zendesk for our support team to better help our customers. It's a great tool for when our customers chat in with issues and we can quickly resolve them. We use the response time on chat as a major KPI for our business as well. It's also integrated with other systems we use, so it makes it easier and more aligned for us.

What do you dislike?

We like using Zendesk! There could be more automation incorporated into the product, but, overall, it's great!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It really impacts our support to our customer base and allows our customers to contact us they way they want to. It's really necessary for our business.

Copy Review URL
Retail
Retail
Small-Business
(2-10 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Effective, Especially with Zendesk Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I prefer a one-stop, all-inclusive program to track communication. Using the chat feature in addition to the support feature on Zendesk allows me to help our customers on multiple outlets and to know who on my team is helping each customer.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about this. We did try it separate from the support feature some time ago, and I did not care for that. From what I recall (and this has been a couple years), it was hard to figure out and several of the features did not work how we expected without the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it if you are using or planning to use Zendesk support. The two programs were made to work together, so they work together very well. We have not had issues with the chat feature since we started using the full program.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We did have all of our customer communications on all different platforms, and it was next to impossible to track who was covering what. Retrieving chat reports and transcripts was just too tedious and time consuming.

Copy Review URL
Team Lead
Computer Software
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Zendesk Chat: My take on the helpdesk titan"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is very easy to use. You just need to sign up, copy a piece of code onto your website and you're good to go. It has nice options wherein users can edit their own name, export a chat protocol and the widget can be moved around on the site. You can also add your operator's photo for a more personal chat experience. It also has an offline mode where you can be hidden when offline or be used as a data capture form. The console offers a range of useful features in one place. To chat either use their console or your preferred IM.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that didn't work so well for our workflow is Zendesk Chat's idle settings. The general idea is that the chat client goes offline when you are away from your computer, which makes a lot of sense. However, a browser app is not able to track your activities outside of the browser window. Therefore it also goes idle while you are working in other browser windows or programs. There should be a warning sound or signal as other tools provide. Switching off the idle mode is the only real solution to this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zendesk sets the standard for live chat solutions. Prices are attractive, too. Highly recommended!

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When it comes to working in a team, departments can be setup up so that the user can choose accordingly before the interaction starts. You can also transfer the chat to another agent.

Copy Review URL
miss
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The best live chat"

What do you like best?

like that I can install a talk gadget on my site and when a guest goes to my site I can engange them through the live visit and afterward from my zendesk dashboard I get usefull data, for example, on which page the individual utilizing the livechat is at. I likewise like that record sending is upheld and clients can give screen captures or pictures in order to get help from our operators.

What do you dislike?

The vast majority of the usefull highlights are accessible on the expert arrangement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the event that you need a decent and simple approach to collaborate with your customers in realtime at your site then zendesk visit is the product for you.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use Zendesk talk to offer help to our customers on our site and since we began utilizing Zendesk visit we have seen an expansion in transformation rates.

Copy Review URL
A
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great for reporting, not so great on the customer's experience"

What do you like best?

I love how robust this thing is. The chat module can be completely customized with color, size, questions, etc., and you can have it only appear to select groups (which can be connected up to salesforce to determine the right groups). It works really well for our tickets and to be able to disposition out our tickets to go 3-4 layers deep into why they're actually chatting in. The reporting is incredible as well. If you're connecting Zendesk up to a BI reporting tool, their API is very robust, and you can pull almost everything that you can dream up through it.

What do you dislike?

The two things that haven't been ideal are the setup required and the customer's experience. This requires an enormous amount of time to setup correctly (months). And unless you have a technical in-house team, you'll be paying a lot money to Zendesk for pro-services (they do have a lot of good crowd-sourced help-articles online which definitely helped). The second was this definitely feels like a tech-support tool. Some might say "well duh, that's what it is." They're right, but the UI and feel of the chat could be better to create a better experience for the customer. When you don't have chat agents online, It doesn't feel like a conversation, it feels like you're creating a ticket that will get looked at soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a techincal in-house team.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Customer support and technical services.

Copy Review URL
Student
Individual & Family Services
Enterprise
(1001-5000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Amazing!!! "

What do you like best?

The customer service! If I ever needed assistance, I was actually excited to reach out to them to have my problem solved. They always made sure they helped walk me through everything before the conversation was finished. Everything seems to be up to date, never buggy and they always listen to their customers. If we make suggestions, they listen and don't ignore what their customers are asking for! The price you pay definitely reflects in the software!

What do you dislike?

You have to pay more for the better features. While it doesn't burn a hole in my pocket personally, it would be nice to see that for one solid price across the board, everyone pays the same price for the same things. As far as the Roles and Permissions, creating roles or permissions for other users is limited. Being able to have more control over who sees and accesses what would be great! Sometimes, when a chat ticket is put in, it takes a while to process. Sometimes, it will crash kicking the user out, having to start the conversation again with another agent. If it doesnt crash, it will take a while for it to come through to our end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay the price for the better features, if not you're going to wish you had, as it makes it a lot easier and better to use

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Locating purchase orders, and helping to walk through orders online, and processing payment

Copy Review URL
President
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

This function has allowed us to create online live interactions with our customer base and website visitors. It was very easy to install and works well.

What do you dislike?

The customer service in helping us pick a solution was very poor in response time and was initially provided bad information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product and was easy to implement. Make sure you are specific in what you are looking for so they give you the correct trial program. Also, utilize the trial to make sure it covers what you need.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Reaching out to our customer base while they are looking for solutions on our website.

Copy Review URL
Teacher
Consumer Services
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Sleek and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat, it is in the name, zen. Using this product to communicate with clients is a dream. It's quick and the analysts are an awesome feature. I like to see where my chats are coming from to better suit our customers since we are a U.S based company and currently don't offer overseas shipping. Many of the features avaible I've not seen in other customer service based programs.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much about the products. I think if I had to be picky and say something I didn't like, it would be the color scheme.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your using an old product or one that doesn't keep up with the times, you're missing out. Zendesk is modern and sleek. It shows more analytics than most products I've used with different products. It even connects to Facebook Messanger, so you don't have to purchase another product for social media. If the business is closed and you're still receiving messages, it will be seen as an email in the other portion of zendesk. Making everything sleek and compact actual saves your company time and money because you don't have to train your employees to use multiple systems when communicating with customers.10/10 would highly recommend to companies

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Zendesk chat is designed for chat-based customer service. So I'm assisting customers quickly without long wait times, and much more effectively. I can handle the problem without much small talk or dead air, which can often put-off a customer.

Copy Review URL
Product Support Associate
Information Technology and Services
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"ZENDESK REVIEW "

What do you like best?

1. It's easy to use, the user interface is minimal and straight to the point.

2. Real-time supplier tracking i.e the number of active suppliers and idle ones.

3. Shows the visitors currently on the site with all basic information like the country they are, OS they are using and if it's a returning visitor.

What do you dislike?

The smartphone app needs much improvement, it does not send notifications real time when the customers are online, I have to manually refresh the app for it to work and show me the chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Zendesk to any SME or a big entity especially businesses in the tech industry. Zendesk is efficient and convenient to use.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have seen a reduction in the number of tickets we have been receiving since we solve supplier issues when they get in touch with us through chats.

Copy Review URL
Enterprise Product Operations and Support Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The chat feature is very useful if your users are accustomed to use Zendesk knowledge"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can convert chat into tickets, get feedback on the quality support and provide users quick help.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that Zendesk chat cannot be embedded in Salesforce (which is the software our users do their work in) and that the user has to go to the knowledgebase to start a chat from there. I understand that zendesk support is in competition with Service cloud (Salesforce) which is why this problem exists but its definitely a hurdle. Additionally, it would be great to have a zoom/webex integration in chats so we can begin screenshares/ meetings immediately.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are trying to provide quick support to users on business process questions and add a more personal touch. The upside has been that user satisfaction has increased, they are more empathetic with the customer support team and the resolution times have gone down.

Copy Review URL
Customer & Technical Support Tier II
Computer Software
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great Chat Service"

What do you like best?

The chat service is easy to use and makes communication with multiple customers at a time a breeze. Chat logs migrate seamlessly into the Zendesk ticketing system so we have a good history of chats with customers.

What do you dislike?

Haven't had any service or feature breaking issues with Zendesk chat so far

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great service that will give you better tools to see how your agents are handling chats and how the overall customer experience is

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are getting good insights into our chat metrics with the real-time monitoring so we can see live chat volume, agent performance, and visitor experience.

Copy Review URL
Operations Lead, Support
Computer Software
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"No reason to use anything else with Zendesk Support."

What do you like best?

Support tickets are automatically created from chats, greatly simplifying the process of escalating a chat conversation to a ticket. This keeps our processes for escalating issues to specialist teams straightforward. Lots of options for triggers and user management. The built in analytics are good, and you can export a lot of data to CSV to do your own analysis. Good API access. We can also see everyone currently using the site, and reach out proactively.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more options for controlling the availability of the widget. For instance, temporarily shutting down chat (maybe for an impromptu meeting, or fire drill) requires adjusting the business hours of the department. Also, it's not possible to automatically disable chat (pushing requests to email instead) if the online agents aren't able to keep up with the current demand.

Integration with Zendesk Support isn't all the way there—there's no real distinction between visitors and conversations when it comes to tagging. Macros are not shared. Chats do not match 1-to-1 with tickets, so there can sometimes be problems if a person's second or third chat within a few hours needs to be escalated. (The ticket will be assigned to whoever handled the first chat of the visitor's session.) I expect this to get better in the future, as it's frequently updated with new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're using Zendesk Support, I definitely recommend adding Chat.

What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have Zendesk Chat on every page of our product, so support is always a click away. We handle hundreds of conversations through Zendesk Chat each day. We use the reporting features for planning schedules, new hires, and better self-service resources.

Copy Review URL
Customer Experience Specialist
Computer Software
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer