YouTube

YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos.

Work for YouTube?

Learning about YouTube?

YouTube Reviews

YouTube review by Jake E.
Jake E.

"Best site for videos on the web"

What do you like best?

How easy they make it for people to start their own channel which results in massive amounts of content. I've only uploaded a few hours of personal video, but the process was very simple and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The comment sections on the majority of videos are absolutely atrocious. They should introduce moderators for the different sections or have an automoderation of some sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to learn something, there's a very good chance that there are multiple well-made videos that will teach you,

None, although I've considered trying to start a channel for something. The great thing is that it doesn't cost anything to upload video, so you don't lose out of anything other than time if people don't like your idea.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about YouTube
Showing 43 YouTube reviews
YouTube review by David V.
David V.

"Great for uploading videos and expanding our audience"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure how to explain it in exact technical details, but YouTube is really great for streaming video without lag or choppy playback. The loading times are among some of the best I've ever experience from all video hosting and streaming websites. YouTube has nice video management tools that allow us to get a quick glance at our standard video metrics. Instead of applying subtitles to videos during the editing process, YouTube has the capability to add subtitles after upload in multiple languages.

What do you dislike?

The video quality is not the same on YouTube as it is for the original video we play on our computer. There is a significant amount of compression that takes place, which helps with loading times and minimizing YouTube's storage, but it would be good if we had the option to present videos at full quality and also to make the videos more easily downloadable for later offline viewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YouTube is a low cost video platform that can be very flexible to your needs. Though there is a ton of content on the platform, you can display your videos in a such a way that no one will easily encounter other people's videos.

YouTube has been fantastic for displaying an abundance of business, marketing and training videos for us. We can easily add videos with YouTube's short embed code and still have editing options with YouTube's creator tools. We can also adjust the embed code easily to change a view configurations about things like autoplay, video suggestions and video dimensions.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about YouTube
YouTube review by Rupert G.
Rupert G.

"Excellent platform to view and share videos"

What do you like best?

I like to share videos on youtube to edit them and share them with everyone, to be able to see the things I do in a simple video, it is even possible to generate money monetizing your videos with YouTube, I also like to spend time watching funny videos or watch videos tutorials that help in solving many problems up to educational courses.

What do you dislike?

The truth is that I do not find anything bad for any place on YouTube. On the contrary, it seems to me that it is an excellent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to get distracted from everything and have a good time to educate yourself with educational videos, YouTube has everything, without a doubt you will find it there.

YouTube has given us the opportunity to give tutorials to our customers on how to handle a product or give a review of this, for example, a telephone equipment and give the characteristics of it.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

YouTube review by Mason L.
Mason L.

"Easy Uploads with Helpful Dashboard Tools and Smooth Playback"

What do you like best?

The uploading times are generally very fast, even with average internet connection speeds. There are many video management and analytics tools in the dashboard, which are mostly very straightforward to use. Each section has an overview of what the section is for with concise instructions on what to do. The playback quality is usually as smooth as I need it to be. It's uncommon to experience slow video starts. The videos typically play instantly or within a few seconds and don't have many buffering pauses that I've seen in other popular video websites.

What do you dislike?

Though the video playback is usually smooth, the picture quality is a bit compressed and it often shows. When I need to have close to the original picture quality, YouTube is not the best method. I'll sometimes have to upload those videos directly to our hosting server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though YouTube is used to play a wide variety of videos, I think it is perfectly fine for professional business use. You can take advantage of their tagging and description link capabilities to further expand your digital marketing campaigns.

We us YouTube as a reliable video platform for many of our internal, marketing and client videos. It's very versatile and allows us to connect to and from many other platforms such as Facebook, landing pages and email. The low cost allows us to use the platform almost without limitations. We don't have to worry much about hitting storage or bandwidth quotas.

YouTube review by Darwin Reynell N.
Darwin Reynell N.

"Versatile tool that allows you to expand brand reach through videos"

What do you like best?

1. You can upload huge amount of videos.

2. More than 10 minutes of playback, which allows you to generate adequate content to present to your company or product.

3. You can upload videos with commercial and advertising sense, both to have positioning and recognition of your brand.

4. Respect copyright.

5. Videos can be viewed anywhere, in that sense its reach is global.

What do you dislike?

As part of the online marketing strategy, a little investment is required in the generation of content, this in the sense of being able to differentiate the content by making them of high quality and with the appropriate aesthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. It allows you to expand brand reach through videos for free and without having knowledge in programming languages.

2. A set of tools available in the configuration panel allows you to analyze your videos' reach data.

3. Undoubtedly, the ease of use, with a friendly interface that allows you to customize your videos, provides opportunity to carry your message effectively in each video that you decide to upload on the platform.

4. Taking advantage of each tool for effective marketing of your brand is practically mandatory, in the sense of youtube fulfills the requirements for it.

As part of the marketing strategies, youtube is one of the platforms that we use to present our products as well as what identifies us as company. A frequent upload of videos is done in order to position our brand. In addition, creating subtitles in different languages is an advantage offered by YouTube, allowing you to reach a greater number of potential customers.

Tools like Google Analytics allows you to link your YouTube account and have reports of your metrics. It is important to highlight that youtube also has a panel in which you have available statistics whose data allow us to orient our strategies and attack the market niche effectively and effectively.

YouTube review by Martin R.
Martin R.

"Generally solid and versatile for video hosting"

What do you like best?

I mainly like YouTube's ability to play videos quickly. For most videos I've uploaded to the platform, there is minimal loading time before the video head starts moving. There are many features that allow us to categorize, tag and provide detailed information about our videos. The video information helps people search and find our videos more easily. It's great that we can have clickable links in the video descriptions that allow viewers to quickly go to view supplementary information that can lead to sales and other conversions.

What do you dislike?

The video quality across all resolutions is generally not optimal. There can be choppiness and distortion on some of the videos we upload. The amount and types of ads can make the viewer experience problematic. There may be ads and suggested videos that YouTube pushes to your viewers that might not work well with your particular videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend YouTube for hosting videos since they can be accessed through the platform or by being embedded in your website. To keep your video links short, YouTube automatically provides shortened links that you can use to place in spaces with limited text, such as social media posts.

We have a solid platform for hosting videos that typically have satisfactory quality for professional purposes. We can use YouTube to host marketing videos, business information videos and tutorials. The price to use YouTube is very low and doesn't do any serious damage to our budget. We can pretty much upload as many videos as we want without a deterioration of service quality.

YouTube review by Kyle Y.
Kyle Y.

"A versatile and user-friendly platform for hosting web videos"

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy it is to start using YouTube. Since I already had a Google account, I was able to simply open YouTube and start uploading video files. When I signed up for the Google account, it only took about two or three minutes. YouTube generally uploads videos files quickly. The process is often faster than uploading videos to our web server via FTP. I like being able to view the upload progress with their real-time percentage meter. I appreciate that YouTube allows me to enter the video description and other information while the video is uploading. I can add subtitles, tags and other information to help people find my video in searches. Another valuable tool that Google provides in the ability to embed their videos in web pages. All we need to do is copy a short code snippet and paste it where we want the video to appear in the web page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are only a few thumbnail options to choose from after we upload our videos. I'd like to be able to pick a point in the timeline to be able to use what I feel is the most relevant frame in the video. I think if we had maybe 10 or so thumbnail options, that would be good enough. Also, if I end up changing the thumbnail or my profile image, it often times doesn't update in YouTube searches right away. I can sometimes take hours or days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend YouTube as a reliable and effective platform for hosting business videos. It's a generally corporate-friendly hosting platform and has many users that browse and watch videos on it daily. It can be a versatile tool that allows your videos to appear in many different platforms even though it is hosted in one place. If you want a cleaner look to the video that doesn't have the title and other elements showing, there are options that allow you to remove some of those things.

YouTube has been a low cost, versatile and reliable platform for hosting video files. We can host our promotional, tutorial and company overview videos with YouTube. We can then easily link to the videos from various social media platforms, websites and emails. We can also embed the videos in our web pages to allow for quick loading and less resource strain on our web servers. Overall, YouTube makes it easier for people to find information about our company.

YouTube review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.

"A smooth and reliable video platform"

What do you like best?

YouTube is a simple platform for uploading videos. We can simple drag and drop our videos into the website and they'll be on their way. Each video has fields for lots of descriptions and settings, which include subtitles, on-screen links and keywords. I like that we can embed our YouTube in a variety of online media such as web pages and social media. We just enter a short code snippet into our website and the video will play directly in the page. YouTube is also great for saving hosting resources since the video loads from YouTube's servers. The video loading times are usually fast and the playback quality is usually smooth.

What do you dislike?

The video quality, in terms of sharpness, is not always so great. YouTube tends to compress video files so much that you can notice a deterioration on quality. It's not that noticeable in certain videos, but I can notice it most of the time. It would be nice if we had the option to have the video files played without any compression or modification. Advertising on YouTube can be quite expensive and I feel it's not really that effective compared to Facebook. I feel other platforms grab people's attention more. I think YouTube ads tend to be more of a nuisance for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The low cost and effective streaming capabilities make YouTube a valuable service. It's common for even the biggest corporations these days to use YouTube, so smaller businesses could be well served by using them as well. If you need a simple and efficient tool for posting videos online, YouTube is a solid choice. You may also want to check out Vimeo, which has many similar features with generally better picture quality. I feel the video loading times tend to be slower at Vimeo though.

Overall, YouTube has served as a smooth and reliable platform for hosting our video files. We can save resources from our servers by embedding videos from YouTube. This saves us a great deal in hosting costs since our videos files tend to be quite large. We host many types of business videos that cover things like promotions, company background and service offerings. The video management tools make it easy for us to update information and titles for videos. We can also add many different users to help manage the YouTube account.

YouTube review by Denise T.
Denise T.

"Easy to use and very accessable"

What do you like best?

Youtube has a great search function, and I love all of the options that it has to track what I've viewed. So when I can't remember what the name of the video I was watching was, I can easily search for it in the search bar or go back and look at my recently viewed / liked history. It's also helpful that you can create playlists on youtube.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't like the auto play funtion. There is a way to shut it off, but I don't think that changes the default settings. Other than that, there's nothing that I dislike about Youtube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone knows what youtube is! It's a great website for making your resources and content accessable to millions / billions of people.

I use youtube when teaching the students I work with, and to recommend material or music to them that is related to what we're discussing. It's helpful that the content is free and easy to access, which makes sharing resources very easy to do.

YouTube review by Luther D.
Luther D.

"A quality video platform with great accessibility"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and YouTube page and start uploading videos. The upload times, even for very large videos, tend to be very fast. I've been able to upload 500MB videos within 10 minutes. The video quality is generally very good and streaming is usually very smooth. I like that the video quality can be adjusted to help provide smoother playback for particular devices and internet connections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't upload a full uncompressed version of our videos. Even though it's good that YouTube compresses videos to optimize playback, it would be nice to have the option to display an uncompressed video with the highest quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YouTube will probably work for most website video needs, but you should also give Vimeo a try. They have a very good and reliable platform as well. I think videos tend to look and play better on Vimeo. More people are on YouTube though, so you're probably more likely to have your videos found on YouTube.

YouTube has given us a way to present videos on our website without using bandwidth and storage space in our web host. We can simply add an embed code to our website, which allows the YouTube videos to play in our web pages. Managing videos has been much easier for us with YouTube.

YouTube review by Ayush R.
Ayush R.

"One of the best ways to host video"

What do you like best?

YouTube is a great way to save server space and bandwidth from your web hosting account by allowing you to play videos through YouTube's platform. The video quality is famously diminished through compression, but it's still very good and often loads much faster than other video hosting providers. It's very easy to set up an embedded video – you just upload it, the copy and past the embed code right into your website.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned above, the video quality tends to get lowered after uploading to YouTube, so of course it'd be great if the video quality was better. If it were better though, that would probably offset the faster loading speeds. If you don't uncheck the suggested videos checkbox near the embed code, your viewers may be presented with videos suggestions from other uploaders. I'd rather YouTube have that unchecked by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend YouTube since it's free and easy to use and has pretty good video quality. Most people nowadays will be familiar with its controls and layout, so it's a video source that can be trusted. If people click on the YouTube link at the bottom right of videos, then they can navigate to your other YouTube videos.

YouTube lets me host videos quickly and at no cost. Adding my videos to YouTube lets people find my videos by searching for keywords they can then link to my website or social media pages through YouTube the video description. It can play videos at different quality levels so that they play faster at slower internet connections and can play higher quality video with faster connections.

YouTube review by KATRINA L.
KATRINA L.

"When I want to learn something knew or watch a video I go to YouTube."

What do you like best?

I have learned so much from YouTube that if it decide to give out degrees, certificates or credit hours I would blow people minds wide open. I can't remember if I was there when the doors was open but I know I been with them a while, like for years. I am in a hate love relation with this website. I have seen this website go to good to bad back to good and now I just don't know. It a must go to website for myself because I learn so much from this website. The website cost nothing to watch video but I do have the option to donate to my favorite YouTubers. I like that I can see what they post even when I am not on YouTube, the message come right to my email address. The share bottom are nice to use if I want to quickly share a video, just one click and it shared. The website keep history of my video I watch and if I want to watch a video later I can. I can even make list so I can always come back to watch the video. So far it easy for anybody to use and if you stick with it you might earn a few bucks to boat loads of money.

What do you dislike?

The trolls or people that leave very mean comments should not have a place on YouTube. I would think by now that YouTube would have some type of software in place to block certain type of comment. I really do believe it take time to upload a video, so why YouTube want help the people that make YouTube become safe. Some YouTuber have turn this into a full time job and they will tell you up front on what they did to post the video. YouTuber might make money from ads and donation but are they really getting paid what they are really worth. The subscription need to be fixed because YouTube will send me two email from the same YouTuber but when I am online it show I am not subscribed to my favorite YouTubers. The ads are know problem for me but I think it would be nice for YouTube to find other ways for the YouTube community to make more money. Maybe YouTube would offer a few dollars for people that share the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am in the middle about recommending YouTube. As most YouTuber say you have to have tough skin to work on YouTube, so if you can't not take everybody criticizing comments then this might be or might not be the place for you to market your skills. If you want to learn all most anything then this is the place for you. To watch the video of your choice it no charge to you it absolutely free. And if you don't find what you are looking for and you are not camera shy then why not start a channel. You never know you might become the next YouTuber Celerity.

I am a small business owner and like to keep my skill up to date. YouTube help me with that and it no charge to use the website so this save me money.

YouTube review by Teekay M.
Teekay M.

"What's not to like?"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload anything to Youtube.

Aside from it's technical prowess, it is simply amazing to see how much great FREE content is available on their platform. I also love the Youtube community and how much effort they've been putting in to stay on top.

It's simply the best video platform ever.

What do you dislike?

Dropdown list on the right isn't easily clickable, which can be very annoying.

Not being able to monetize videos with under a thousand views is also a shame as it really discourages small creators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youtube is the place to be.

Sharing product tutorials.

YouTube review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great product to use "

What do you like best?

Anyone can visit your videos! Youtube makes it possible for anyone to watch videos and or make their own videos. As long as you capture their attentions with your title, picture, and how you describe your video, your video will be a hit! I like how quick and easy it is to start using YouTube. I like how easy it is to set up a YouTube page and start uploading videos as soon as you make the page. I like that Youtube is free as well. Also anyone can make a Youtube account. You don't have just blogging, you have a variety. You have blogging, music, people trying to sell products, tv shows, etc..

What do you dislike?

The video quality is not always great. Youtube compresses the videos so you don't always have great video quality when uploaded. Advertising on YouTube can be expensive and I feel it's not really that effective compared to Facebook and other ad platforms. I feel other platforms grab people's attention more than Youtubes'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend others to use Youtbe! Why? It's great to show offer your products. People stop by from all over the place to check out videos of anything! As long as you capture their attention! Make sure you have a good camera, and a laptop, computer, or a phone to keep up with your account. Another reason I recommend YouTube is because it is free and easy to use.

YouTube is a reliable platform for hosting videos. If you have a website, they make it easy for you to link the video on your website, and also to our social media platforms and emails. Overall, YouTube makes it easier for people to find information about our company.

YouTube review by User

"Best Web hosting platform "

What do you like best?

YouTube is one of the world’s most outstanding web hosting platform. YouTube is a place where you can host videos for free with little or no investment. Uploading videos is very easy and fun to do, all you need to do is a google account to signup. The video quality is very good.

What do you dislike?

Your videos quality may get to be lowered when it has uploaded. It can also be a means of bullying and harassment which is bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a try

Overall Youtube is the best place to be. Great for uploading videos and watching videos free of charge. And make extra money

YouTube review by User in Higher Education

"Youtube User"

What do you like best?

Good for a short break. Quick access to videos for entertainment and business/education use. Helpful DIT videos. It is accessible on your computer and phone app, and on Play Station, etc. They have a great variety of videos, movies, music, product reviews, etc. I also like how there are a lot of YouTube Channels from different users and professionals that you can subscribe to and learn about different products and professions, like vets and doctors. It's like a behind the scenes of the OR. Another feature I like is the recent addition of this "mini-window" view in the app, where you can minimize a video to the right lower corner of your screen and play and watch it while you scroll through other video lists, etc.

What do you dislike?

It can be addicting. Some videos come with a lot of commercials. Not all movies are available, or for free. Sometimes, a search will render many similar results and/or different versions of the same thing. So it gets confusing and takes time to find what you need. Also, you cannot download the videos, for privacy reasons and so on. Which can be annoying. The app does not work in the background, so the video will pause once you open another app. Sometimes their different buttons and lists and menus can be confusing. I actually did a user research with YouTube once where they had me navigate through a newer version of the interface and tell them what's confusing. So they know this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get addicted.

None. Being bored at work? Good for a short break. Helpful DIY videos. There's something for everybody.

YouTube review by Seth P.
Seth P.

"Poplaski YouTube Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the video uploading is a quick and painless process. All you have to do is click and drag and your uploading will begin.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that often times the streaming side of YouTube is choppy depending on how much bandwidth I have. I've also noticed that sometimes my video will not playback as an HD clip, and it will view at either 360 or 480.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a place to stream video, you should use YouTube. It's a quick and easy website which allows you to be able to upload most any video in terms of size and length.

It's an easy way to put our videos online and embed them into our website without having to take up a large amount of space on the back end of our website. It's helped us save storage space, and it's also allowed us to geo target individuals and specify who we want to see our videos/ads.

YouTube review by Kevin I.
Kevin I.

"Love it or not, It's the 800 pound gorilla in the room..."

What do you like best?

Everyone knows it, most people know how to use it, it's easy to share and embed videos, and I like the privacy settings mostly. It's pretty reliable. I like that when it detects a song playing or other copyrighted material as a part of your upload, it doesn't automatically take it down, but just adds and ad and sends the revenue to the copyright holder - that seems a fair, convenient, and smart solution.

I've also gotten spoiled by the size of the archive - you can find almost anything up there these days.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't look too professional for business use (Vimeo's a bit better for that, if less user-friendly), especially if it uses ads. Link to other accounts (by being a Google product) sometimes makes it hard to manage things if you want to use various multiple email and YouTube accounts (not all linked to your personal one). I wish it had a password-protected Private but shareable setting on privacy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for the everyday use, but if you want something on your website that looks a bit more professional, you might want to look elsewhere. Also know that something you find there today might not be there tomorrow!

I use YouTube to share clips in class, to host videos of class projects, and also to share rehearsal videos as needed - a quick YouTube video is more readily understood than written notation for movement stuff.

YouTube review by Nemanja J.
Nemanja J.

"Too many ads"

What do you like best?

Hmm what to say, everyone is using it. It is the most popular service on the web. It has everything you need for fun, for work ( lots of different tutorials), In most cases i am using it to browse music videos, documentary tv shows and to watch some tutorials about various software that i am currently using for work. Youtube is also quite good if you want to educate yourself from home.

What do you dislike?

I hate the future after finishing watching video to automatically reload next video. Yeah, i know it can be disabled in options but from time to time that option resets for me. Also the amount of ads on youtube is absurd, i understand that every website in the world is having ads but youtube could reduce them a little bit. Video files are not categorized good, i assume that some blame goes to video uploader. There is also some strange youtube policy about piracy and copyright protection. I have seen a lot of videos deleted because of alleged copyright protection.

Benefits are that sometimes a video presentation is better than to dig several hours from the books or to search in help function. However sometimes the book is essential. Either way youtube is good if you need something fast (assuming that such video exist for your current problem)

"Really no competition"

What do you like best?

Of course YouTube is great for watching videos, but what I like best is that it's so search friendly. Even if you don't know the exact title you are looking for, YouTube will probably correctly guess for you.

What do you dislike?

The ads are annoying, but not so annoying that we're willing to pay a subscription fee. It's fine.

We use YouTube mostly for tutorials. It's very helpful that so many companies have video tutorials available (for free); saves us hours of time on the phone with customer service.

"YouTube is Life"

What do you like best?

The huge range of videos that can be shared and viewed on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

The substitkes could be improved and quickly distributed in order to improve the quality and viewship of the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YouTube is an amazing platform that brings together a people around the world. The site has a blend of videos that can interest a variety of individuals

YouTube videos allows the transfer of knowledge universally. One can discover new things and find new interests on a daily.

YouTube review by Jake E.
Jake E.

"Best site for videos on the web"

Recommendations to others considering the product

YouTube review by Christina L.
Christina L.

"Want to learn how to do something? YouTube it"

What do you like best?

A few years ago, I got cheated out of $50 from PepBoys because I didn't know how to change my windshield wipers. After I told my friends what happened, they recommended that I watch a video on YouTube to figure out how to install it. The next time I needed to change my windshield wipers, I watched YouTube, and ended up doing it myself. I have also used YouTube to look up how to perform certain functions in Excel, because I'm not very good at Excel.

What do you dislike?

I feel that YouTube is starting to care more about money than delivering great content. I'm undecided on how to feel about YouTube Red. I fear that what makes YouTube great will go to the wayside, because they now care more for money than what they provide to their viewers. I prefer listening to music on YouTube more so than Pandora or any other website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Adblock so that you can block the ads! They are annoying!

My life is definitely better with YouTube than without it. I can look something up online for my boss, or help my colleagues by searching for a correct answer.

YouTube review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"If a picture is worth 1,000 words, a video is worth 1 million."

What do you like best?

We have complete control over the content. The UI is fairly intuitive and not very complex. Analytics are a plus. Feedback can be used to create or improve content. The playlist feature is helpful.

What do you dislike?

As far as I know, you can't control ads until you have a certain amount of views. I'd have to research it, but it's not a huge dislike, as they can be skipped sometimes after a few seconds. Commentary can get a little rough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure there's a better general video platform available, and free at that.

Gives us a platform to visually teach our customers how to use our products. This cuts down on incoming inquiries addressed by our staff.

YouTube review by Helder R.
Helder R.

"Youtube is my best school."

What do you like best?

Youtube is a world of entertainment, information and business. With Youtube I'd save so much money with support instructions about issues on my electronic equipments, car, home, garden, clothing etc. I know all about everything with youtube.

What do you dislike?

As a entrepreneur i don't trust in You tube security. It is very easy download You tube videos. I hate to have to close several balloons on my videos every times on the timeline. And my children hates when they are watching disney movies when it had been interrupted by very serious and boring advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You Tube is yet the best option to monetizing with move, education and all species of video products. I love YT. Here is my 1st amusement park and 2nd office on the web (my website is the 1st).

You tube is extremely useful to upload the initials videos of a member page of a paid course, any tipe of advertising, virals campaigns, testimonials, etc.

YouTube review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Dump your TV"

What do you like best?

I love youtube, its a key source of entertainment for me, so much so that I don't even own a tv anymore.

Among other things I watch on the internet, I seem to find most of my watch time spent on youtube.

The platform has grown to a stage where its extremely accessible for anyone with a little talent, creativity or software knowledge to create a quality channel and find their audience.

It's truly a world full of entertainment.

What do you dislike?

I don't like googles attitude to creators, the amount of work creators have to go through for such little reward is ridiculous. I don't like that google doesn't even try to fix bugs like amount of money creators should receive from ads but dont due to mobile access or ad block ect. I don't like the fact that the collections feature has purposely been removed, making it harder to navigate subscriptions and forcing viewers to scale down their subscriptions list. It seems that lots of little changes have been made to make it harder for newer or smaller creators to compete with bigger channels and celebrities.

I watch youtube to get away from tv but it seems like tv personas have crept in over the years to try to take a piece of the pie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd invite anyone to dump their TV and take to the internet for entertainment, even browsing youtube alone, viewers are over stimulated by the over saturation of content. The real people who have worked to make high quality web shows deserve the viewership as they strive to bring viewers new content on a weekly or monthly basis for free.

When you consider what you would pay for sky or cable, and take into account the many channels you will never watch, the few channels you will watch play the same shows day in day out for years and years.

The quality of most mainstream television is terrible, full of cheesey writing, repeated formulas and poor excuses for action and effects. I personally believe this repetitive intake of poor programming does take its toll on the mind when over watched.

Youtube is packed full with comedy, action, education, news, and much more among the opinions and creativity of people who genuinely want to entertain you.

Other than my own entertainment, I currently use youtube to store my animation work for my portfolio, but I also have a web cartoon in development and must face the problem of youtubes watch time optimisation.

Animators are at a disadvantage in this respect as it takes much more work to animate something of good quality for a longer time than it would be to just shoot video footage.

YouTube review by Gökhan E.
Gökhan E.

"No words for the quality!"

What do you like best?

Before Google bought Youtube, I think that Google videos were very bad video sharing platform. Now it is amazing! I am not going to talk about you can find whatever you want blabla. I would like to talk about 360 degree videos. I am having fun so much while watching them. Also the video quality and loading problems going to be better (this may my region's isp problem also). I am watching videos about software development, configuration etc. There are always great tutorial videos about everything!

What do you dislike?

The most dislike is Youtube stealing my time with recommended videos! It recommends such a videos even if there is no relation with the previous one, i am definetly going to watch it! Also maybe youtube can make a filter for abusive comments so I can read more informative comments about people's opinion. Apart from these there is no dislike about youtube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youtube is the greatest video sharing platform yet, so I recommend everyone looking for any information check it on youtube especially if you are getting bored so quickly when reading any documentation.

I have only one project video on YouTube and it is really great opportunity to put a YouTube link on my CV.

YouTube review by Andre C.
Andre C.

"Best video client out there"

What do you like best?

After countless have been spent using this software I can easily say that Youtube is the best client out on the market. On top of being the most popular video website online they are always adding new features to make your viewing experience the best possible.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i can say i truly dislike is the fact that the thumbnails might take a while to load on a slower internet connection but other than that I can say that there is nothing wrong with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a good client so i fully recommend it.

Youtube is a great platform to promote your business becasuse it can open up your business to greater audiences. It is also good for promoting products because you can get people to review your products in their videos.

YouTube review by Joel H.
Joel H.

"YouTube- An industry standard"

What do you like best?

I love using YouTube for promotions, marketing, and getting events and ideas out to others! There is something awesome about being able to instantly connect with your audience and the world!

What do you dislike?

I think that some of the Interface on YouTube could be a little more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any business to start uploading videos to YouTube to connect with your customer base, advertise your product, and more!

We are able to better connect with our audience through YouTube. We can make a way to interact with our audience and market our events and products.

YouTube review by José Luiz R.
José Luiz R.

"YouTube a melhor plataforma de streaming do mundo!"

What do you like best?

Eu simplesmente vivo de YouTube, tenho um televisão de 55” somente para ver streaming o dia todo!

What do you dislike?

Na verdade não tenho o que reclamar do YouTube!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue melhorando no ritmo igual que só temos a ganhar!

Resolvemos problemas como capacitação remota, vídeo de treinamentos.

YouTube review by Pia Z.
Pia Z.

"One of the best video sharing platforms"

What do you like best?

I've been around on Youtube for over 10 years now and as much as I don't like sharing videos of my own, I love watching tutorials from other people. It's been extremely useful for me.

What do you dislike?

The long ads before watching a video are really annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great but them implementing more and more ads and paid content is pretty discouraging.

I think it's a great platform to promote your own brand and products. I've been able to share my portfolio with the world.

YouTube review by G2 User in Staffing and Recruiting
G2 User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Used to be good. Now not so much"

What do you like best?

- Rich content.

- Online video editing tools.

- playlists

- listing options

What do you dislike?

I hate how Google cares more about potential copy right violations more than the user experience.

I uploaded a video that contained an edited clip from a documentary to use for an academic presentation. But YouTube marked it as unviewable in certain countries including USA due to the original clip containing clips from other movies. Hint: the video was about Disney before and after the death of Walt Disney. It took google 3 years to mark the video as fair use and allow it to be viewed everywhere.

I also used to upload personal stuff and keep them private. But google marked one of family time videos in Universal Studios as a violation cause of music played in the background and removed the audio from the video.

I also hate how YouTube Kids now have ads. Many of the ads contained content that were not appropriate for my kids age or things I don't feel good about exposing my kids into.

What I hate the most is hate speach in the majority of comments that are in Arabic even if the video has nothing to do with the stupid religious conflict in the middle east.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another video service

YouTube review by Denise V.
Denise V.

"YouTube is great! "

What do you like best?

Enjoying content from the Community as well as ease of my own uploads and Channel Mangement.

What do you dislike?

Ad selection is not always relevant to the content I've uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to create unique content to get more customers! :)

Social Outreach and building an audience. Our customers respond to certain types of content over others, depending on how relevant it is to them.

YouTube review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

Such a great platform, great for creating content and interacting with users on an international scale.

Creating business opportunities on a global scale, and creating video and footage which actually can promote your own, or other businesses is key in any working environment, and this is a valuable asset in the digital marketing era.

What do you dislike?

Some people don't interact, or have a relationship with other companies (not the website, but people on the website).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to control user interface for new members to the service.

More advice towards new creators.

Free marketing

Social interaction

YouTube review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Indispensible in every respect, YouTube is the lingua franca of the digital age "

What do you like best?

Improbable as it seemed when YouTube launched, the service has made every person a video producer, and flattened the distribution channels for video communications. It's a revolutionary product, the extent of which is still being made known.

What do you dislike?

Because of the democratic nature of YouTube, there is an awful lot of junk to wade through. While that's time-consuming and annoying, it also reinforces the widespread impact YouTube has had on nearly every element of society.

Complex communications concepts are simplified through the creation of short videos, and we make use of this feature regularly. It is additionally a wonderful tool for personal branding.

YouTube review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"The easiest way to host a video. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great. If I need to share a quick video and embed it in an email, this is the best way to do it.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. They seem to have things pretty nailed down.

We mostly have used to for hosting videos we make for past client events.

YouTube review by G2 User in Philanthropy
G2 User in Philanthropy

"The Gold Standard for Video"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and superior functionality means that YouTube has thought of it before you even need it. Whether you are browsing videos or uploading contact, YouTube provides all the necessary tools to share video. My organization uses YouTube often for sharing content, all the proper connections are built into YouTube videos, so they are phenomenally easy to share and look great on other platforms whether as a link or embedded. Everything needed is provided for you

What do you dislike?

Ads definitely inhibit the user experience but it is so easy to browse, upload and share that there really is not downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To use Youtube, make sure that you have properly edited your video for uploading and that you have tested it.

YouTube review by G2 User in Real Estate
G2 User in Real Estate

"Great for our company!"

What do you like best?

Creating a free youtube channel to market our company is always a plus! Creating videos is not that hard from the youtube page.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to edit your video once it is posted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your videos carefully if you are creating from the youtube app! Other than that, why wouldn't you have a youtube channel?

Free and fast marketing. Getting our name out there and making clients happy

YouTube review by Wojciech E.
Wojciech E.

"How was the world existing without it?"

What do you like best?

It's everywhere and free. It has countless videos shared. I often use it directly to search for interesting talks and tutorials.

What do you dislike?

Ads are the worst, since they often intrude my flow. Another thing is that it consumes so much CPU to play a video via browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably everyone uses it already. But if I had to recommend it - use it to find the knowledge, you'd never even expect to be there, especially for free.

YouTube review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Great for training"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to watch and upload videos for training purposes at work.

What do you dislike?

I havent found much that I dislike about YouTube.

We are solving problems when it comes to having to pay for a training video vs. watching one on YouTube. We have benefits like having many videos at our disposal no matter what the topic.

YouTube review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like that all videos are in one place and that as a content creator, I can upload my videos and create a brand identity.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have AdBlock, the ads on YouTube can get annoying.

Youtube's helped me get my content out there to the world and build an audience.

YouTube review by G2 User in Accounting
G2 User in Accounting

"A powerful but deeply flawed platform"

What do you like best?

Youtube has the best content, hands-down. Users overlook the problems in design and usability because of the sheer amount and variety of video on the platform. It's the de-facto video site.

What do you dislike?

The design makes it difficult to find videos that aren't either promoted or going viral. On the creator side, it's too easy for corporations to make intentionally false copyright claims in order to reap monetary compensation from advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For professional video uploading, Vimeo also has great site reliability, but a much more professional and mature user base.

YouTube review by Internal Consultant in Semiconductors
Internal Consultant in Semiconductors

"YouTube Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a centralized site for videos on all subjects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the videos do not load properly or freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good internet!

YouTube is great for small tutorials.

"YouTube Review"

What do you like best?

It's great for watching videos of all genres and also supports quick and easy uploading of your own videos.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of ads on the site and most videos have them. They are anywhere from 5-30 seconds long.

YouTube is great for uplpading promototion videos for businesses.

Learning about YouTube?

* We monitor all YouTube reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.