Yahoo! Advertising Reviews & Product Details

What is Yahoo! Advertising?

Yahoo makes it easy to get your brand message in front of a growing audience of engaged consumers across devices, partners, and properties with proven advertising solutions that drive results.

Yahoo! Advertising Screenshots

Yahoo! Advertising Profile Details

Yahoo! Advertising Profile Details

Yahoo
Description
Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe.
1994

1-50 of 108 total Yahoo! reviews
Administrative Assistant
Writing and Editing

"Low cost, low traffic"

What do you like best?

Yahoo makes it easy to get your message in front of a large audience of engaged clients across devices, partners, and properties with proven advertising solutions that drive results. It's a great resource for people to find you and that's the main goal for me. I like being able to reach customers who don't use Google or Bing. Yahoo advertising is extremely simple to use and follow. The exposure connects you to millions of potential customers.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely difficult to control which sites your ads are appearing Gemini literally does not show you where your ads are. The interface is quite buggy and nearly as effective as it could be. I can't choose a period longer than a month and this is very annoying. Yahoo is not a popular, so the foot traffic is very low. I've never gotten 1/2 the traffic I can get from Google, but I guess that's why the price is so low.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The lack of transparency prevents me from encouraging others to purchase this software. There are no trial periods, so there is no motivation to try the program out. The program is similar to Bing's services.

We are reaching customers outside of our usual demographic. Our growth has quickly grown, because of all of the exposure Yahoo has provided us with. The price per click feature allows for immediate results. Customer demand has improved, but I would prefer a higher traffic.

Online Marketing Manager

"Lacks a lot of Functionality"

What do you like best?

If advertisers are interested in native ads Gemini is definitely a must as it's one of it's strength and definitely allows to reach a larger audience. Search only makes up a small % of overall volume and it's rather disappointing how limit it is with no opportunity to scale. There have been a lot of changes on the Yahoo side and it's clear that Yahoo Search certainly is not a priority for the company.

What do you dislike?

The UI lacks a lot of functionality and audience is very limited. Since there is no offline editor available it's rather difficult to optimize campaigns. If you limited your campaigns to Yahoo Search only your reach is extremely limited and does not compare to any of the other engines (less than 3% of overall share). Some verticals are still completely "owned" by Bing (Microsoft is serving ads on Yahoo.com) and it's impossible to scale volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yahoo Search does have a very limited audience at least for the B2B verticals we are targeting, however, I think there is a lot of opportunity with Native advertising - a product that Yahoo has been pushing for a while.

We are using Yahoo advertising as a paid acquisition channel, though volume is extremely limited.

Manager Project
Staffing and Recruiting

"Inexpensive, low traffic"

What do you like best?

Yahoo can make it simple to get your message in front of a big audience of engaged clients across products, partners, and properties with confirmed advertising solutions that drive results. It's a great resource for individuals to find you and which the primary goal for me personally. I like being able to reach customers who avoid use Google or Bing. Yahoo advertising is extremely easy to use and follow. The exposure connects you to millions of prospective customers.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely difficult to control which sites your advertisements are appearing Gemini literally does not show you where your advertisements are. The interface is very buggy and almost as effective as it could become. Constantly select a period longer than a month and this is very annoying. Google is not a popular, so the foot traffic will be very low. I've in no way gotten 1/2 the traffic I can get from Google, but I suppose which why the price will be so low.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lack of openness prevents me through motivating others to obtain this software program. Right now there are no test intervals, so there will end up being no motivation to try the program out. This particular program is similar in order to Bing's services.

We are reaching customers outside of our own usual demographic. Our growth has quickly grown, due to all of the publicity Yahoo has provided all of us with. The cost per click on on feature permits instant outcomes. Customer demand provides enhanced, but I would choose the higher traffic.

"Yahoo Gemini is improving but still remains well behind Google and even Bing in most aspects "

What do you like best?

I think their display campaigns have more potential due to greater reach than you find on the search network and pretty good capabilities around audience building and retargeting,They also continue to add new features such as the power editor which has made management easier. Policy seems to be easier and less volatile than on other networks. Their customer support team is great also.

What do you dislike?

The interface still lags well behind Adwords in terms of usability, option availability, segmentation, and other aspects. It can be difficult to make the optimizations you want but the Yahoo team is always willing to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would get hooked up with an account team if possible, they are great and willing to help make the platform less of a burden.

Gemini is helping us reach customers across both search and display and we have found some campaigns that are profitable and worthwhile for us.

"Future of Advertising"

What do you like best?

Yahoo! is a great addition to other marketing efforts "

Installation and deployment are similar to other search platforms, which makes implementation straightforward and accessible.

Reports: Data export is straightforward and granular (or high-level) as desired. Exports to a CSV or XLSX file for manipulation and analysis.

What do you dislike?

Yahoo! Advertising tends to lag behind other SEM platforms for more sophisticated advertising options (such as display). They are slowly recovering, but do not expect the same high-powered analytics capabilities from Google, shall we say.

Revenue tracking and linking conversions / revenue to advertising spend can be tricky to implement and unsuitable for full funnel tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great cost-benefit and allows our ads to be viewed by a broad audience

Resolving advertising is straightforward: You set your targeting and budgeting option, make a copy of the ad, and start receiving clicks and traffic.

Cost is less than AdWords

Easy to import AdWords campaigns

ROI is high

SEM & Paid Social Specialist

"Not Worth Using for Native Advertising"

What do you like best?

There's no doubt that Yahoo! has a large network of quality online website and app inventory to choose from and the campaigns I did run generated a strong CPA.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with Yahoo! (and this applies primarily to their Yahoo! Gemini native advertising platform) is the lack of transparency. You literally cannot see which websites your ads are appearing on. This was a huge issue for some of the clients I worked with who wanted us to be able to blacklist specifics sites (such as Brietbart) or ensure that their ads didn't appear on controversial placements in general. Not only was this not possible through Yahoo!, but I could not even tell the client what specific websites their ads WERE appearing on. In one phone call with a Yahoo! rep, the individual literally could not even tell me how many websites were in the Yahoo! Gemini inventory network ("probably more than thousands. But I don't know for sure"). I also found the interface itself a little buggy and not as a intuitive as some of the other platforms out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Despite generating some strong CPAs and CPCs, the lack of transparency with ad inventory is ultimately what prevents me from recommending this platform.

Online marketing (primarily native image and video advertising). The campaigns I ran did generate some strong results, but the lack of control and transparency with ad inventory is why I'm no longer using the product at my agency.

Director
Real Estate

"SEO Marketing using Yahoo"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in using Yahoo has made SEO marketing for some sites I am working on more pleasant, although I have found that there are some glitches that Yahoo needs to work on to make things easier for people trying to utilize free avenues to market.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real qualms to gripe about except on something unrelated which is their Yahoo messenger, which did not run smoothly, if at all sometimes. t did not synch well with phone users so when I wanted to view people using my phone to hire, it was not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

more incentives should be in place to market to small businesses e.g. trial periods so that people are motivated to try it out

I saved money from implementing free ways to advertise.

IT support
Retail
(5001-10,000 employees)

"High quality for a low cost!"

What do you like best?

I am using natvie ads and search advertisments and yahoo! advertising give me the possibility to buy both of these ad types.

What do you dislike?

My strategy is statiscal-based and I work a lot with reporting. This is the weak point of Yahoo! Advertising, it's doesn't show a report of periods longer than a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This servicejust draws in quality clients and experienced promoters. You don't need to possess a major sold. On the off chance that you allready aren't utilizing Yahoo! Advertitising, I recommnd you to try it for a period of time. It's more improved than you'd think it is.

In case of generating low quantity of traffic, yahoo ads gives the option to include search partners

Social Media Marketing Coordinator

"Great service highly recommend "

What do you like best?

The best part of it is Yahoo does everything for you. It allows you to use their “per click” research data and apply it to your product and industry. It also allows you to customize it if you know where and wht you want to do.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like all the information is too much to cypher through. Also fill like the pricing options could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’ve used bing advertising or a close competitor you’d be familiar with how it works.

We are able to set are parameters and directly market to our targeted customers. We also use the research to find people we wouldn’t targer but search for things in our industry.

Tower Service Manager

"Fair price and reasonable quality"

What do you like best?

I like that with yahoo! advertising I can use buy both search advertisments and natvie ads

What do you dislike?

Reporting is bad and I dislike the fact that I cannot select a period longer than a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using this service you can attracts quality customers, tthe costs are not so big and If you allready aren't using yahoo ads, I recommend you to take to try it as It's much better than anticipated. Depending on your business needs you should consider if it fits perfect or not, try it!

Extra traffic always is amazing. So if you cannot drive a reasonable quantity of traffic yahoo ads gives the option to include search partners

IT Consultant

"Yahoo does everything for you. "

What do you like best?

Yahoo does everything for you. It enables you to utilize their per click function about information and apply it to your item and industry. It additionally enables you to redo it on the off chance that you know where and what you need to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. There are no dislikes from me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On the off chance that you've utilized bring promoting or a nearby contender you'd be acquainted with how it functions.

We can set all like parameters, and specifically market to our focused on clients. We additionally utilize the examination to discover individuals we wouldn't target however look for things in our industry.

EI

"Yahoo Advertising is still very valuable but needs to be optimized continually"

What do you like best?

I like Yahoo advertising because wide selection of advertising medium. Search Ads. Banners (display media), Mobile, etc. Yahoo has a great audience. You are able to reach 55+ audience, which is very important.

What do you dislike?

Search Ads are much lower in volume than Google. Display media is hard to make work on a pure ROI basis. You need to continually optimize your creative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Display media needs really strong offers and compelling landing page... otherwise you are wasting expensive traffic.

The business problems I am solving are the need for new customer acquisition. From a benefits point of view, I have gotten new customers from Yahoo Search on a cost efficient basis, but the volume is low and inconsistent.

Account Executive

"Incredible quality at a sensible cost!"

What do you like best?

I like that yahoo! advertising gives us the likelihood to purchase both native ads and search advertisements

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the reporting.I can't choose a period longer than a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This administration just pulls in quality clients and experienced promoters. You additionally don't need to possess a major sold. On the off chance that you already aren't utilizing yahoo ads, I prescribe you to remove a portion of this group. It's greatly improved than foreseen.

If there should arise an occurrence of producing low amount of activity, yahoo ads gives the alternative to incorporate search partners

Literary interpreter
Accounting

"Awesome quality at a lower cost!"

What do you like best?

I like that yahoo! advertising gives us, it's users the option to purchase both natvie advertisements and search advertisments

What do you dislike?

I can't choose a period longer than a month and this is very annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yahoo ads basically pulls in quality clients and experienced promoters. You additionally don't need to claim a major sold. If you allready aren't utilizing yahoo advertising, I suggest you to start trying to advertise here. It's more improved than expected.

If there should be an situation of creating low amount of movement, yahoo ads gives the alternative to incorporate searches from other networks

AR

"Yahoo Advertising is a great resource!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and that tons of people use Yahoo to find things!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I dislike,. It's a great resource for people to find you and that's the main goal for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember that a lot of people use Yahoo already! Great place to be found.

We use it to advertise our apartment complex. We are located in Nashville TN and there is a lot of competition here at the moment. It's nice to be able to advertise our specials and great location!

Administrative Assistant

"Yahoo! Advertising is the real deal for improving SEO"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Yahoo! Advertising.

I like how it has all the advertising features in one secure platform.

Highly customizable.

What do you dislike?

If i have to say, i got nothing negative or flaw that i have come across.

Advanced targed.

I use Yahoo! Advertising to undertake all campaign management needs and search engine optimization in one place.

I use Yahoo! Advertising to create ads.

Principal Owner
Legal Services

"Great advertising for one of the top two search engines"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to transition stuff from google adwords to yahoo.

What do you dislike?

seems limited in some areas on the dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know that you are hitting a very specific market and not really the full web

helps me target yahoo users.

AH

"Yahoo Advertising"

What do you like best?

Yahoo Advertising is super easy to use. It is very self explanatory and allows you to market your products/services through so many different options and websites.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything about this product, it is the easiest one I have yet to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use it! : ) It is super easy, and affordable.

Yahoo! Advertising has allowed me to market and share with the whole internet! You can't ask for a better product. The benefits that you have, is that Yahoo is one of the top search engines on the web, and so everyone goes to yahoo, so if you are advertising through them, they use and show your adds.

"Good Platform for Campaign Management"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage and the changing of bids is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I wished that the homepage featured performance overview that is easier to analyze with just one glance, such as implementing line graphs of each campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good platform overall

Trying to figure out a way to get the manual daily reports that are sent to me to feature performance of all the days in a said time range and not just the data from the day of.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"An option to compliment your Google advertising"

What do you like best?

Yahoo! Advertising as a complimentary option to your paid search strategy. Getting started with the Yahoo! account team is fast, easy, and extremely helpful - definitely support than your Google support team. The Yahoo! team is a pleasure to work with and they are always willing to lend a helping hand on your account.

What do you dislike?

Scale. Yahoo! /Bing do not provide the same scale that a Google campaign will, which is why I suggest to run as a complimentary marketing effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't think Yahoo! search is the end all be all but there is great value in using them along with Google search campaigns.

Creating brand awareness and generating sales lead within the confines of a tight budget. Working on campaigns with different KPI's for the same account can be refreshing .Having different options for search marketing helps and allows a brand to apply learning from one strategy to another.

"Definitely falling behind the pack"

What do you like best?

Gemini has been a great option for cheap CPCs. It just doesn't have the great results that Adwords or Bing has.

What do you dislike?

It is a very manual product. You have to have the account managers do things for you versus doing it yourself for best practice negatives. The bulk uploads are horrible. And, the conversion rates aren't very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get used to the fact that you will be working with a new rep every single day. They have so much turnover that your rep will not know anything about your account.

It helps a lot with branding and is a good alternative than putting all of my eggs into the Adwords basket.

"My opinion of Yahoo"

What do you like best?

The easy to understand how its broken up into 2 main categories.

Search – Ads in Yahoo search results.

Native Advertising – similar to display advertising, ads are placed on sites throughout Yahoo’s partner network.

What do you dislike?

As of now you can’t import Bing Ads campaigns, but our rep said this was on the list for future improvements.

Common features in AdWords and Bing Ads, such as ad extensions, are only available in Gemini via their Bulk Edits process. Unfortunately, this process requires downloading a 51 column CSV and manipulating it referencing the protocol outlined in their bulk edits schema objects and field guide.

"Easy to use - great tool for driving traffic."

What do you like best?

Yahoo! Advertising makes it easy to reach our intended target without breaking our advertising budget. It is easy to use and we can easily create multiple campaigns to test out what is working best for us. We can track results and make changes to the advertisements as needed.

What do you dislike?

Our target market doesn't only use Yahoo search so we have to advertise on other mediums as well.

Reaching a target audience we may not be reaching with other tools. Yahoo! reaches a specific target market for us and allows us to easily set up ads.

Supervisor, Social Media & Entertainment // AT&T Entertainment Group // Freelance

"Great cost, great product "

What do you like best?

With yahoo I can get my campaigns to a large amount of people and Yahoo is a great and easy product to use.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be buggy at times, but overall I am happy with yahoo.

We are able to specialize what consumers we wanted to go after and why, and Yahoo has taken it to the next level.

Chief Coffee Drinker & Founder

"Low cost, good ROI, but lower traffic than Google could ever give you"

What do you like best?

I strongly recommend Yahoo! Advertising as an addition to your Paid Search Strategy. From my past experience, I've seen that Yahoo! has always given a great return on investment every time.

Getting and working with a Yahoo! account team is pretty great. It helps take the load of some times as they are willing to work on your account for you and you can schedule weekly calls with them on improving your accounts.

What do you dislike?

I only wish that we could get more volume out of Yahoo! - I've never gotten 1/2 the traffic I can get from Google. But I guess that there is the trade off.

My only wish is that all Yahoo! account teams working with agencies is to keep in mind that we know a lot and have been doing paid search for many years. I found that explaining the basics like keyword match types, landing page relevancy and ad optimization was a bit

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are running ads on Google and have not tried Yahoo! yet - try it out. You can easily import your AdWords account using Bing's own desktop editor, so build time is pretty minimal.

Generating low-cost leads and sales for particular businesses on Google AdWords' platform is not always easy—especially for ones that are in a highly competitive space, and they have incredibly thin margins. Advertising on Yahoo! can really be a small, yet refreshing alternative top tier search engine advertising solution, whether you have a tight budget to stick to, or you have unlimited budget.

Director of Tech and Marketing
Sporting Goods

"Yahoo Advertising has been kind of confusing"

What do you like best?

I like being able to reach customers who don't use Google or Bing.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it's hard to know which ads are coming from the Bing network, the Google network, or directly from Yahoo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely consider Yahoo Advertising as a supplement to Google, Bing, and others.

We are trying to drive more traffic to our ecommerce store. We have seen pretty decent ROI from Yahoo Gemini.

AM

"Yahoo's fairly new advertising"

What do you like best?

I like the option of native ads and the fact that yahoo is trying to still keep up.

What do you dislike?

The lack of training available for it and the lack of communication/transparency about what is going on there. We knew that Yahoo was not supposed to serve 100% of the mobile traffic for the Yahoo/Bing merge, but it's also clear that this hasn't happened yet. I think it's extremely confusing that Bing/Yahoo will no longer be together and that Yahoo and Google are having a separate partnership. As an agency, we end up not recommending yahoo, because we are unsure what percentage of the market share it has and the full reach of its ads. I think better engagement, especially with agencies is essential for this product to get more exposure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is difficult to set up. I would recommend you reach out to reps if you have any. They provide great assistance and do a lot of the set up on their end,

We have had success in revenue generation.

"Great visibility at decent prices"

What do you like best?

Yahoo is sort of flying under the radar but what that means for businesses is that their ad dollar can go much further. Don't discount their reach - we've had amazing results from the ads we've run with Yahoo.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a bit lacking in terms of data that is easily accessible, especially when compared to Google's massively intuitive dashboard and robust reporting.

We have been able to stretch our ad budget when using Yahoo ads in the past. It was great investment and helped drive traffic to our ecommerce site during peak season shopping.

Senior Search Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Yahoo is efficient but hard to use"

What do you like best?

Overall, the UI is very intuitive, but almost too stripped down. It's easy to see high level performance including credits. The account service is also strong.

What do you dislike?

The user flow from campagins, to ad groups to keywords and ads is confusing and the reports always take too long to download, so they time out. The lack of integration with marin is also frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Move slowly and test before creating campaigns that have issues/hard workflows.

We're trying to reach an efficient audience at scale and extend beyond Google and Bing. We have, but its hard to scale.

Attorney
Law Practice

"Blog post service is great"

What do you like best?

The blog post service is very interactive, clean and easy to read the content provided. I used a lot to market in a simplified way because you can put a tagline for your product or service

What do you dislike?

Some posts are small so not very easy to read, larger script size sm would be better

Sharing ideas and businesses with others

AM

"Great native product, UI not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Wide variety of native advertising products

What do you dislike?

UI is very limited. The new power editor does not help as it is for making edits but not uploading new ads, keywords, etc. DS integration is limited

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Treat like a full service or manage through a 3p platform

Native advertising, search. Have seen an increase in reach

UA

"Good one"

What do you like best?

Multiple ad formats, optimized display URL, personalized advertising, ability to tell a visual story through sponsored ads in carousel format.

What do you dislike?

It covers only 30% of your potential market, according to Yahoo. So, I have to use Google ads along with Yahoo ad to cover the whole market.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good tool to publish ad to cover entire market

Far outreach of our product / service. I get instant response which is satisfying.

Marketing Representative

"Yahoo Advertising Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how simple Yahoo! Advertising was.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is not as popular as a platform.

We are solving how to reach a larger audience. I have realized that if you spend more on advertising the benefits will show with how many people you reach.