Xref Reviews & Product Details

Xref Overview

What is Xref?

Xref is trusted by businesses all over the world to empower great people decisions. It is a best-in-class, global solution that makes reference, background and ID checking fast, simple and secure. The user-friendly technology is backed by local support teams, offers multi-language capabilities and meets the highest global compliance standards (ISO 27001). Xref is accessible from any device and integrates with multiple leading HR tools and ATS platforms to offer seamless, end-to-end recruitment workflows.

Xref Details
Discussions
Xref Community
Danish, German, English, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified)

Xref is trusted by businesses globally to offer reference, background and ID checks that are fast, simple and secure.

Compliance & governance - Xref is certified by the world’s highest global standard for data security. Xref is ISO 27001 certified and offers globally compliant data collection and storage. It meets all regulatory requirements, to ensure every candidate is assessed fairly.

Value & trust - Xref is trusted by more than 1,200 businesses globally.
Xref offers a reliable tech solution with dedicated account managers and local, support. It’s an enterprise-ready solution that scales with businesses as they grow.

Fraud detection - Xref detected more than 7,000 cases of potential fraud in one 12 month period.
Xref's unique fraud algorithm monitors for unusual activity during a reference and raises a red flag if anything potentially fraudulent is detected.

Relevant & valuable insights - Xref offers candidate assessment and benchmarking at a glance.

Xref delivers relevant data analytics to inform great recruitment decisions with tailored and comparable insights, perfect for candidate benchmarking.

Xref
$8
@xref

Xref Videos

Xref Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Xref community
Have you used Xref before?

Xref Reviews

Showing 174 Xref reviews
Already have Xref?
People & Operations Advisor
What do you like best?

Great for getting references in another time zone, easy to alter questionnaire. We use Xref on a weekly basis and out hiring managers find the reports easy to follow and understand. I have used Xref at two companies now and at both places it's been a breeze. One of the best reasons we keep using Xref is that it saves us TIME! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to edit the minimum references required. I find it hard to navigate around the site from an admin perspective, wanting to change the set up or the access.

I want to be able to change the default message that goes to the candidates, but I've had trouble figuring out how to do that, or add other messages to select from when setting up a new Xref. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to set it us well, think about the messages that go to your candidates. Ask them to give their references a heads up that they will be getting an email notification from a tool called Xref. Otherwise we find candidates are having to chase their references and that wastes time which is what Xref is supposed to avoid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are hiring in 4 time zones at the moment, and on top of that we do not have the capacity to be doing the reference checks if the hiring manager doesn't want to do them. This is an easy fix for us. I wish more companies used Xref like us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Admin
What do you like best?

I like how easy it makes it to conduct references which usually take up a fair amount of time to complete. People are also generally more willing to complete references this way as it takes less time for them to complete and they can do it in their own time. It is easy to use once you have learnt how to do so. The follow up emails to the candidate are good reminders for them to complete the Xref and follow up with their referees'. Easy to access the information given and easy to download. I like that you can filter the information that you save to send to the client/manager. It is easy to build a template of what you want to be asked in the reference which is useful when you have different roles you are recruiting for as not all questions will be applicable to all positions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to follow up, if people are having issues you cannot do anything from your end, only the candidate can edit details (if they enter something incorrectly) and sometimes they struggle to log back in. It would be good if we were able to edit small things such as errors in emails for the reference or help from our end when they get stuck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It saves a huge amount of time completing manual references and referees' are much happier to complete these. It also allows them the opportunity to complete it in their own time outside of business hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It takes a lot of time to manually conduct references. People are happier to conduct a reference online and it takes up less time for myself and the referee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, People and Culture
What do you like best?

Ease of use for both candidate and recruiter - from initiating references to keeping and accessing old files, X Ref is very simple to use.

X Ref puts the responsibility back into the hands of the candidate and eliminates the need for hiring managers to spend time calling and coordinating with a candidate's references.

X Ref's reference templates eliminate the possibility of hiring managers asking off the cuff and inappropriate questions.

X Ref's emailed reference checks allow the reference to complete the check on their own time, resulting in more thorough and thoughtful answers than the typical on the spot reference phone call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - recent updates have made the candidate experience even better.

The only thing that would make the recruiter's job easier (at our company) is if you could have the option to combine all reference reports into one PDF - we have to use another program to combine the files into one since we only include one file called "References" in our electronic employee files. I would be very excited to see this option as it would save us a lot of time and effort! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great value for return. Fully supported by the X Ref team if help is required - saves time for your hiring managers while maintaining consistent questioning for each referee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Huge time saver, and ensures the consistency and validity of our references. We have been able to meet compliance more quickly and consistently for every new hire. Hiring managers love not having to chase down references but still having easy access to reference records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks so much for your great review. We're glad to hear that you're taking advantage of the benefits of online reference checking. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the user experience and will take your recommendation into consideration.

Talent Acquisition Lead
What do you like best?

I like the ease of functionality so much quicker than doing references myself. It is also secure and provides insights into whether a reference is good or bad before I even go into the detail of reading it. Also, it integrates really well with my recruitment system (Springboard) which I have found with other systems this is not always the case. Xref support and Account Managers are also really helpful. If you need something updated, they are very timely in their response. I also like that they aren't always constantly in contact trying to sell additional products or features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I can identify. I have had some candidates say that it is a long process for them as they are required to enter the details in rather than just saying "my referees are on my resume". All in all, it is a really well-thought-out product that easy to use and does exactly what it says it is going to do. I guess I can always say that things could be a little cheaper (budgets are always a focus), although in saying that it is definitely performing at a level that is worth what we have been charged for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Xref a go and you will see the benefits immediately, I was skeptical how a simple system could provide such a benefit to the recruitment process until I joined a company that already had Xref implemented. I would now be an advocate moving forward in any organisation to use Xref. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving a time problem - recruiters are busy and anything that can attribute to a shorter recruiter process is best for the business.

I am also solving a background check problem - references are a great way to get assurance that the candidate you want to hire is in fact a solid candidate. There are also many benefits of Xref with the ease of system functionality for sharing and storing references for future use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advisor, People & Capability
What do you like best?

Quick, implements with our applicant system. No need to contact the referees unless flags are shown. Can be a incredible turnaround time. Usually we receive ours within 36 hours. Which has cut back on our time used for references by days. Really useful and has saved our organisation money in terms of where managers time are being spent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Colourways. Don't like the green and would be nice to customise with our company colours. Also quality of lower level roles. Discussed below;

It also isn't particularly easy to be able to change or alter templates. I have found which I have done this, i have needed to do a whole new reference template opposed to just being able to simply change it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the types of roles you are looking to use Xref with, are roles which would probably generate a decent survey.

For high tier roles, i would still recommend you call candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick turnaround times. Quality of reports are generally higher for the more important positions. But, for example, administration based roles, are usually poor references.

As discussed above, we struggle to be able to edit our templates. Would be great to get functionality to edit your templates and then make them go live. Especially when a template may have an error. Going back and starting again is never useful and is a bit of a time killer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorna of Xref

Thanks for the great review, Aaron. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Sorry to hear you're not a fan of the Xref green, though - it's maybe not to everyone's taste but we like to think it helps us stand out :)

It sounds like you're really benefitting from some of the core benefits of the platform - ease, speed and security - which is great! We are always looking to improve the service that we offer, and are appreciative of your feedback about editing existing templates.

In relation to your comment about only using Xref for certain roles, we thought you might be interested in checking out the guide linked below, which details why we believe digital referencing is critical for all roles, across all industries (and includes some examples of the wide range of businesses we currently support).

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a detailed review, Aaron.

See how Xref improved
Head of Human Resources
What do you like best?

Xref automates the reference checking process which saves me a significant amount of time on follow up with referees and provides me with a comprehensive report. Because it's automated, I am also able to obtain references from referees on the otherside of the world when I am asleep! Its great.

I also love that it integrates with my Electronic Recruitment System (JobAdder) and with the click of a button, everything is automated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dont have anything to dislike about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Obtaining references from referees who are unavailable at the same time as me

- Giving me more time to focus on other important recruitment practices

- Providing hiring managers with comprehensive reference reports that are straight from the referees mouth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Manager - AU & NZ
What do you like best?

The integration with our ATS is great. I also like how how the system sends you real time updates and you can track where all of your references are in the lifecycle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything that i think could improve. The design is great and it's very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend they use it. Ive been contacted by competitors of Xref and havent wished to have a discussion as xref is honestly brilliant. Its a dream to use and we never have tech issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its so quick and easy and we don't have to waste time scheduling discussions with referees, which can take forever. It is so efficient and easy for all parties to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Recruiter & Relationship Manager
What do you like best?

it is the simplest reference checker, you have all the forms you might need to use, you just need to provide a link to your prospect and they do the rest, you then just have to make sure all references are as complete as you wish to have them, at no point you need to interact with those giving out the reference, which is really important when your are time-limited. the time is really attentive, they provide the training and help you down your learning curve when you are implementing for the first time or when there are major improvements, they adjust to your schedule as much as they can so you do not have to be joining a webinar at five in the morning or really late at night. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

even though it is easy to use I think the interface could be a lot more friendly, like the layout, but the one they have works great, so it is not a deal breaker for me. The platform is very complete and it adjust to our needs, other users could have different experiences with them, ours is like this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

they have one of the greatest customer support, they provide any training you might need and they are always constantly wanting to improve your experience with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we have international candidates with international experiences, so having to make international calls, considering calling fares or time difference was a hassle, now with xref it is a lot simpler for us to have the reference we need in a timely manner, and save a lot on international calls. anything you might need to address with the referencers you can through the candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorna of Xref

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, Andrea.

We're so glad to hear you are benefitting from the simplicity and speed of the platform, as well as our wonderful support team. We are very proud and happy to offer as much help as our users require, to make sure everyone has the best experience and achieves the best results.

Thanks also for your thoughts on the interface. As you mentioned, we are always looking for new ways to improve the service we provide, so we appreciate this feedback.

What do you like best?

No more phone calls which is time consuming and conversations can take too long. Now, referees can complete it in their own time and take the time they need to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with any survey online, you are unable to ask further questions on a particular comment. Guess we can make the phone call. Not always detailed or truthful. Also, reference checks seem to be losing validity these days. Employees will obviously nominate a reference that will provide positive feedback (in most instances).

Also, I don't think many people read through references now... it's become more like a backburner compliant item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to ensure there is someone who is able to review and file the responses otherwise as it is very easy to click submit and then forget/lose time to read the responses. Sometimes hiring candidates can be so quick that you may miss out key comments mentioned by referees in the response. I am also finding written references more redundant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Extra time to complete other priorities. I use to be on the phones and some people can take up 30mins of your time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorna of Xref

Thank you for this great review, Jocelyn. We’re glad to hear that you and your team are benefiting from the time you’re saving by automating your reference checks.

In regards to your point about asking further questions, a lot of our clients like to include a question that asks if the referee is happy to be contacted at a time that’s convenient for them if any further detail is required. This offers referees a chance to opt in to being contacted at a time that works for them and can make for a great opportunity to reach out where necessary and appropriate.

Thanks again, Jocelyn.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and that fact that it's so quick for me. It really reduces the time I need to spend on reference checks which means I can spend more time elsewhere. It also allows referees to complete the reference check outside business hours which really allows them to think through the responses they are giving. Previously a colleague or I would have to work late to catch some referees but xRef allows flexibility for both parties. I also like that it allows candidates to the ability to make sure they contact their referees before the reference check goes to them to complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes referees have advised me that the verification process before they get to the reference can take a while. I do however appreciate the security checks xRef use to make sure the references aren't fraudulent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit has been time back for me. Referees also enjoy that they can complete the reference check outside business hours when they have more time to think it through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorna of Xref

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. It's great to hear that you are benefitting from the ease and speed of the process. We're also delighted that we have been able to give you your evenings back by allowing referees to respond at a time that suits them, with you needing to follow up.

We do have measures in place (such as two-factor authentication), to ensure we can guarantee the security of employers', candidates' and referees' data. These are incorporated into the platform and shouldn't be too pressing for a referee to complete but we appreciate you letting us know about this feedback.

Thanks again!

AF
What do you like best?

Xref is great with ease of use for both employer use, as well as the candidate perspective. Easy to navigate and user-friendly interface. Our Account Reps are 100% easy to approach with any question and the support team is very quick to respond to questions. One great feature is that they flag any instance where there may be possible fraud based on a variety of indicators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downsides! Great account managers, great user-interface. Regular information sessions with Account Managers are very helpful and they're wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend in a heartbeat for fast and reliable reference checks! If you're unsure, reach out to an account representative and you'll be taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great and in-depth reference checks. Reliable tool for collecting professional and character references. One benefit we didn't expect is the platform verifies the candidate's identity and legitimacy using IT tools to ensure for example the candidate is not completing it themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorna of Xref

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of our platform and super account management team.

It's great to know that you are also given the assurance that references are coming from the right people, by our unusual activity feature.

Thanks again!

Talent Acquisition Manager, North America
What do you like best?

Very simple set up; handy dashboard and candidate information; it's online and fast!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not provide the full candidate assessment that another system has I've used in the past, but for what it does provide, as well as the cost and convenience, it's an excellent alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent inexpensive referencing tool. Very easy to use and if you are hiring millennials or younger they will have no problems with understanding how the system works. Highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encouraging more Managers to get references completed as opposed to them foregoing them. Has highlighted some definite development issues with some of the candidates that have been put through this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks for taking a moment to provide a review. We're happy to hear that you're a fan of online reference checking! It's so great that you're making the most of all the benefits.

Talent Acquisition Specialist (formerly Bauer Media)
What do you like best?

Easy and can set and forget. It keeps you in the loop with emails when references are submitted so I don't need to keep chasing it and I don't need to be on the phone chasing references all day. This is particularly great when the volume of recruitment is high.

I couldn't imagine doing my job without it. Xref is easy to use for all parties involved and I highly recommend if you're on the fence about it.

The alerts via email are also very helpful it means you can set it up and leave it until completed and as soon as the alerts come in then you can download and email to the relevant people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to edit emails once submitted or other details once submitted which would be very handy.

As an admin, it would be great to have a bit more access to editing or changing things once the references has been sent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth it - I would highly recommend xref to any recruitment team.

It saves so much of your time and you don't have to spend hours chasing references especially when you have volume recruitment. It's also better for the hiring managers as they get to receive a detailed report that

The ease of use is also great with a nice dashboard to work off and track your progress. The alerts via email are super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great time saver and it is a part of the process that I'm glad can be partly automated.

Ease of access for myself and the referees.

Great to send to managers and have well thought out responses to share that aren't just notes from a phone call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks for your great review, Josie.

We are happy to hear that you have benefited from the ease that comes with online referencing. We know how much effort goes into putting together a great hiring process, so we are glad to hear that we have been able to help.

Lead Technical Recruiter
What do you like best?

We had had XREF implemented into our ATS system twice. The internal team was incredibly helpful and was able to work with our ATS software developers to ensure that we had the full ability to use the references through our system.

The lower cost and the fact that they do not expire has been incredible. We have had some big projects and I was able to increase our credits so easily.

Also, our point of contact at XREF Jorge has been great to work with. Quick communication and able to get things done for us without hesitation. This is Gold Star customer service at its finest! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything that I dislike about XREF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had to onboard over 300 candidates for one particular project. We had more flagged references than we ever had. We worked with XREF to understand where there was an issue, and we are able to resolve and have a better conversation with candidates as to why their reference will not be accepted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks for your review, Sarah.

We are so happy that you have benefited from the versatility and adaptability of the Xref referencing platform. We understand that every hiring process is different and we are always looking for ways to improve and integrate where we can. Your feedback is great appreciated.

Thanks again for your great review.

What do you like best?

I was sceptical when I was first introduced to Xref, I'd spent over 10 years calling referees! I also used to receive timesheets by fax machine and I don't miss that either. The ease of using Xref is amazing and new hiring managers are always impressed with the reference reports. I like how it has integrated with our ATS so I literally have to click one box and it send the reference request. I only log into Xref now to read and download reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I called referees for over 10 years, that's hundreds of left messages, wrong numbers and missed calls. Where were you Xref?? There are occasions where applicants with basic computer skills struggle with Xref and every now and again there is a referee who thinks what we send is too lengthy and they don't have time to complete it. This is where I would step in and do the reference over the phone call but it is really only 1 or 2 people every few months Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves so much time when recruiting in volume or if you need to get a reference from overseas (different time zone). Its easy to forward or download reports and its user friendly for both applicant and referee. I like how the referee can opt in to hear from me if we need any more information or discuss an opportunity. I was worried that it couldn't catch any dishonest behaviour but Xref are quick to alert me if there is any unusual activity detected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thank you for your review, Abi.

It is wonderful to see how automated referencing has enhanced your referencing process and saved you so much time and effort. Our fraud detection is there to help make sure that your process is safe and secure. We are glad you like the platform so much.

Thank you again for your great review.

Regional TA Lead, Australia & NZ
What do you like best?

Its easy to use, simple and efficient and gets results quickly. Also great to use from an applicant nd referee perspective. The team customised my reference check template so we had all the questions we would usually ask right in the template. The team were professional engaging and super helpful to work with. I was up and running in just a few minutes. You can even brand your messaging to candidates and referees! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I'm a long time XRef user - what's not to like? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Upload your own templates and ensure you ask them to bran d your message sent out to candidates and referees. This give you an edge when you are asking for references and promotes your employer brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not had any problems with XRef

70% faster turnaround times with references, less hassle with waiting for team members to find time to complete them - making better use of the TA Team's time. Faster offer turnaround too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks for your great review, Paula.

It's great to have a seasoned user leave a review. We are happy to hear that you are still enjoying the great benefits that come through the use of automated reference checks. We look forward to continuing to assist in the future.

Distress Line Volunteer
What do you like best?

The easy way to collect the reference checks needed for an applicant. I don't have to worry about follow up emails or spend 10 minutes with each reference. Also, how it provides percentages on how likely each reference would recommend or not the applicant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sending the questionnaires to the references depends on how fast the applicant inputs their contact information. So, if the applicant takes longer, collecting the references ends up being a longer process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely look into this service as it offers great advantages as: easy to use, fast, effective, collects statistics from the responses and provides information whether there was an attempt from the "new hire" to complete their own reference check (from the same device). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems: spending hours collecting reference checks over the phone or by email for the 10 applicants we hire per week.

Benefits: effective, fast, easy, user friendly, provides feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thanks for your great review, Andrea.

We are happy to see that you are benefiting from the many great aspects of online referencing with Xref. We understand how much time can go into this vital step of the hiring process and we are happy to have been able to make this easier for you and your team.

Thanks for your feedback regarding potential delays in the collection of information. We will pass this to the relevant team to look into future steps to combat this ongoing.

System Analyst
What do you like best?

How it fully integrates with our ATS. I've seen many integrations and I would say XRef is up there with the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be easier to navigate. Since most of our managers use it infrequently some important features are not as obvious as they could be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good as both a standalone app and integrates well with our ATS (Springboard) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's solving the problem of not forcing users to have to use software outside of our workflow. We no longer need to jump between systems to perform reference checks which makes life easier for hiring managers and admin teams alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Advisor
What do you like best?

I love how easy and straightforward it is for the candidates and their references. The refences can complete the form on their time and not be pressured into answering a call from a recruiter. They are completely unbiased references and provide a ton of value to our clients on how to best help their new hire succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the reference has the opportunity to provide very short answers. It would be good if there was a minimum word requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to call references directly and found them to be very biased. I had the ability to leave out information or not capture everything that the reference was saying. This way they can write in their own words. The completed references are very easy to read and provide our clients with great insight on the candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Saves me so much time! I used to dread reference checking, now multiple reference checks can be completed quickly and the on-line form makes reference checking convenient and looks professional Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only minor negative is that you cant amend your own questionnaires when a client has a specific question they want added. It would be great to be able to do it yourself, but the fantastic team in Auckland have always been super quick with getting the new variation loaded Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accuracy. We used to complete reference checks on the phone, madly writing down the referees responses. Using X-ref the referees complete an on-line reference check which means there is no mis-interpretation or bias

Time saving. Xref is an amazing service that enables me to complete multiple reference checks within a very short time frame. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Xref makes obtaining high quality references quick and easy. Xref creates efficiencies for our Recruitment team by allowing us to receive high quality, detailed and trustworthy references without having to pick up the phone and spend time chasing referees.

Xref has great checks and balances to ensure reference integrity and will flag anything suspicious right away. You always know you are getting real, detailed and easy to obtain information to give you the peace of mind you are employing the right candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can identify that I don't like about the product. Having text message notifications in addition to email notifications would be wonderful, though I hear this feature is in the works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Resource Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits of Xref are that is makes out recruitment process more efficient. A timesaver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Recruitment Advisor
Response from Josie Westerlund of Xref

Thank you for your review, Adam.

We are so happy to hear that you have found the Xref platform so beneficial and helpful in your hiring process. We understand how important it is to have a positive experience during the reference checking stage of recruitment.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the payment structure, we will take this onboard for future decision making so we can continue to offer a great quality product.

Thanks again for your great review.

Chargée de Recrutement
What do you like best?

I like how XRef sends reminders, when candidates have not yet completed their references or when referees have not submitted their reference. It's helpful, because it keeps me accountable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was an option to download the references from the home page - without clicking into the candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me time and the references are usually much better. Referees take more time and tend to be more honest, which is great as it enables stronger references. Knowing that there is a fraud check, also reassures me the references are true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.