WP Engine

WP Engine

4.7

Hassle-Free WordPress Hosting. WP Engine Offers the Best Fully-Managed WordPress Hosting Platform

Work for WP Engine?

Learning about WP Engine?

WP Engine Reviews

Ask WP Engine a Question
★ STACI J.

"Ideal Server Setup for WordPress Websites"

What do you like best?

We use WP Engine as our WordPress server. We know that there is requirements for each website that is setup and it helps to keep the WordPress websites running as fast as possible.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is honestly nothing to say as an item to be disliked. All in all, WP Engine has a certain way that they are running the server for the WordPress websites that we run on the system and we've found that it helps to keep all the sites we host on the server to run that must faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hands down, if a client is running their WordPress website on something other than WP Engine, you might want to do a comparison and really determine if that is the best choice for you.

Previously we had websites running on another server that ran into DDOS attacks at the time. When this was happening, we looked for a new server to get our sites moved over too so they could be up and running. We like how WP Engine is powering their servers as it helps us to report to our clients with just about each month with 100% up time. Keeps our clients happy and us.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
Showing 127 WP Engine reviews
Leon H.

"Not reliable anymore: outages because of other customers, no solution and no monitoring"

What do you like best?

I used to like their premium customer support and service. The interface and use of is very simple.

What do you dislike?

Recently we experienced a few outages with WP Engine and the way they have been handling it, is unprofessional and doesn't actually solve the problem. I can't recommend WP Engine as a reliable hosting service.

My own (external) monitoring alerted me that all of our sites hosted with WP Engine were offline. This happened a few times in the past for a few minutes, but this one was longer.

When I contacted their support, the response time was quite slow and once I got to chat with a customer rep. he was telling me it has something to do with PHP7. Only later he corrected himself and admitted there is some problem with the server my sites are on. WP Engine is a shared hosting service and even though we're paying >$100, our sites are together with other users one the same server/cloud instance.

Our websites ended up being offline for 7 hours during main business hours. I had to contact them, as it seems they weren't even aware of the problem in the beginning. I was promised we would be moved to a "quieter" server and this shouldn't happen again.

A week later, our sites were experiencing outages again. Again, I only found out because of my own monitoring. Again, their support thought it has something to do with PHP7 in the beginning and only then found out that we were AGAIN experiencing outages because of another customer's site. Our sites were on and offline during evening hours on a very important day for one of the websites for four hours.

We were yet promised to be moved to a quieter service, but I was told this can happen again. I can't comprehend how they don't monitor for this themselves. Referencing to their SLA I was only offered some credits.

I'm now looking to switch to a professional WP hosting service that is reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use more reliable hosters

Managed Wordpress hosting. Not having to worry about hosting.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
Jared M.

"WP Engine has changed the way we do the web for our business and clients"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a great product for managing website consolidation, quick M&A turnaround and new properties that you need stood up quick. It also makes it seamless for internal and 3rd party development with good staging and production flows to roll things up and down as needed.

What do you dislike?

Most of the items I have had suggestions for improvement for over the past couple of years have been implemented on the administrative and support side, so no complaints here!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on how many properties you are going to manage investigate going dedicated vs. shared as there are benefits to both sides with the biggest consequence mainly being you will share resources with other shared tenants (and at times it could be not speedy). We elected to go dedicated and have never had a single problem with in 2.5+ years. Also, when pricing your enterprise tier do your homework on how many sites you need now and how many you will need so you do not overestimate your initial first year of your dedicated instance.

Reduced # of CMS to support, providing single pane of glass for managing and administering platform, delivering marketing faster time to market on website instance stand-up. Benefits are type 1 ROI on license savings from moving from other platforms and reduction in cycle time of time to market of delivering an available website for editing. Other benefits are providing great ease of use in WordPress and freeing up internal IT resources from day-to-day management of wordpress.org properties.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

★ STACI J.

"Ideal Server Setup for WordPress Websites"

Ivelina D.

"The Best Managed WordPress Hosting Ever!"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is the best choice for hosting your WordPress website! They offer so many great tools for your website - from migrating, to automated backups, free SSL certificate, levels of security...support is 24/7, the staff is super knowledgeable and helpful, going above & beyond!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this company! I have used them for about 3 1/2 years now, and it just keeps getting better!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a WordPress website, don't even consider hosting it anywhere else but WP Engine. It is all well worth it! A few clients have had their websites compromised in the past, while using other hosting companies - it was a nightmare to deal with those issues. Ever since those clients switched to WP Engine, we can all relax and have a peace of mind because of the level of security and excellent support WP Engine provides!

Website backups, website security, managed WordPress, easy WordPress website migration, easy user portal navigation, chat available 24/7 for any issues, easy SSL certificate setup, excellent support

Sam P.

"Account Managers, hosting speed, support - everything is top notch"

What do you like best?

The Account Managers are great. I worked with my account manager Oscar Saldivar, who went out of his way to make sure he took ownership of my problems, executed with urgency and raised the bar as far as account managers go.

The hosting is fast. REALLY fast. I came over from host gator and I was pleasantly surprised how fast it was. NEVER GOING BACK.

Support is great. 24/7. You can easily get online and get help with anything you need.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could call in for support. Sometimes it is easier to explain what isn't working on the phone versus typing it out.

Fast hosting. My client's websites were not a tiny site by any means and WP Engine handles them no problem.

Joel C.

"Solid hosting for WordPress with support that can be helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of WP Engine. I don't need to worry about upgrades, patches, security issues, performance, DR, and time-consuming administrative things like that. It is all taken care for more by WP Engine. I can focus on delivering sites that perform for my customers.

What do you dislike?

User account management can be a little quirky as you have accounts inside of your WordPress instances and a second set of accounts in WP Engine. Also, installing and updating custom SSL certificates is not automated on their site and requires opening a support ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that you should't hesitate to go with WP Engine if you are looking for a quality hosting solution. WordPress is a terribly complex piece of software. Generic hosting providers like GoDaddy just do the install and then leave the rest to you. WP Engine sticks with you throughout the lifecycle of your site. Also, self-hosting WordPress is a nightmare unless you have dedicated staff for it.

We have enjoyed the fact that WP Engine is very easy to use and the dashboard is very user friendly. We can do everything from the dashboard such as setup SSL, create SFTP users, CDN, cache, domain mapping, setup staging, etc. It has very good chat support, they are always available for our help. The WP Engine team can take care of our websites. They email us every day regarding the vulnerabilities of plugins. They can take care of WordPress updates.

Okoth P.

"Best WordPress Hosting Services"

What do you like best?

If you are a fan of WordPress CMS, then you will love the service offered by WP Engine. They offer the best load speed, data transfer (without limits) with improved hardware which delivers services easily to users. What I love most about Wp Engine is the fact that I do not need to install caching plugins. This is taken care of by the EverCache technology that ensures all the object caching is done automatically. In addition, I love the fact that they offer one-click restore for all my website backups. I'm not worried about losing my web files since WP offer automatic daily backups.

Even more, through LiveChat, they have a dedicated support team who are knowledgeable and helps out in case of an issue. As a developer, I find the service of isolated development testing as one of the best services offered by this hosting provider. I can easily test my sites before they go live, which is a plus as I only take to my root folder a fully functional system.

Since WP Engine trusts their services, they also offer 60-Money back guarantee if you do not enjoy their services.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about WP Engine hosting, save for the fact that they offer exclusive hosting for only WordPress sites. If you require hosting for other projects, WP Engine might not be ideal for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a WordPress guru or just starting out on WordPress site building, you better try these folks out. They have the best services with high uptime.

I use WP Engine as my hosting provider for all my blogs. The platform for testing sites before they go live is what sets apart WP Engine from other hosting providers. Typically, I use their services for hosting my sites and building WordPress sites for my clients. They have some of the best tools you can leverage on as a CMS developer.

Dante K.

"Hosting Giant Living Up to Expectations"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is exclusively built for WordPress hosting; thus, if you're a WordPress fan, then it is the best hosting provider for you. With their EverCache technology, WP engine takes away the pain of having to install other plugins. This technology helps in caching database, object, and pages automatically. Besides, they do not limit you on data transfer like other host providers.

What do I love most about WP Engine?

-1-click restore and automatic daily back-up.

-Inbuilt staging and caching.

-Enterprise WP-Hosting.

-Unlimited data transfer.

-Top of line hardware that improves the services

-Isolated developments for testing.

-Automatic scan for Malware, this ensures that your website security is guaranteed.

Overall, as a WordPress blogger, you I love the great Services offered by WP Engine, not forgetting the dedicated support team through LiveChat.

What do you dislike?

The pricing might not be affordable to most starters. Recently, there has been a queue wait if you're in need of support, but I guess this attributed to the good services WP Engine offers. Nothing so far to dislike about them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for WordPress bloggers.

Hosting my WordPress websites. They have given me a platform to build multiple blogs which act as a stream of investment for my affiliate marketing sites.

James K.

"Great Place for Hosting your WordPress Website"

What do you like best?

Security is key, and having a free SSL certificate included in your hosting package is one of teh surest ways for clients to trust your brand and WP Engine provides this for free. With so many tools to help you around with your design and implementation work, there's every reason to be happy here. What I like most is the automated backups and the security guarantee with 24-hour support round the clock.

What do you dislike?

This company keeps getting better every day. For the last 3 years, I have hosted multiple sites with them. However, at some point, my clients decided to change hosting to other companies and the experience was awful, getting back with WP-Engine in style again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended. You will never experience any challenges like down times and support taking your round without solving your problems if any.

For WordPress hosting services. They served us well, with a great support team who are techy and knowledgeable.

Calvince N.

"Best WordPress Hosting of All times"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface and the faster loading times are one of the best things I like about WP Engine. Through the WP Engine servers, my WordPress website runs quickly and smoothly. The support team is very knowledgeable, and I always get instant feedback whenever I have technical issues. One can easily contact them through their live chat. WP Engine allows me to see live traffic on my website and account data and updates are done automatically.

What do you dislike?

Their prices are on the higher side. They also have a limitation on the number of websites I can connect to my account. Similar hosting companies offer an unlimited number of websites under one account at the same pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend WP Engine if you want to host and manage WordPress websites in one place. It is ideal for WordPress, and your website will have faster-loading pages. There are different hosting plans to choose according to your budget.

I needed a solution that could provide backups, automated updates, and secure hosting services, and I found WP Engine. WP Engine does most of the maintenance work for my website and has freed up a lot of time, which I use to concentrate on other parts of my business. The marketing department has scaled up with hosting services from WP Engine.

Sophia L.

"A simple and secure WordPress management solution"

What do you like best?

WP Engine has a tight system in place to strengthen the performance and security of our WordPress websites. We don't have to pay frequent attention to configurations or monitor activity from external threats. The user interface of WP Engine is neatly organized and allows us to change settings quickly without complicated procedures. The pricing is quite reasonable and competitive with similar WP management solutions I know about.

What do you dislike?

Using WP Engine doesn't quite give me the flexibility that I had when working with a standard hosting platform. Though I like the metrics that can be viewed in our dashboard, there aren't as many advanced metrics included. I would like to be able to add more extensions to give us more data and integration options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With all of the security issues out there now that could effect website performance and user privacy, it's very important to have an website management solution that can give you efficiency and protection that exceeds basic requirements. I'd recommend WP Engine as a platform that can deliver that at a reasonable cost.

We don't need to constantly monitor activity on our WordPress websites. WP Engine runs our websites in a stable environment that's less prone to malware and negative performance issues. Our web pages usually load as fast as industry standard page loading speeds. We can maintain our WP website settings, databases and other elements in a concise and secure environment that allows us to focus more on content creation.

Kyle M.

"Extremely Reliable and Useful Wordpress Hosting"

What do you like best?

I like that this is not a hosting platform that is difficult to use like GoDaddy or Network Solutions. The UI is great. There's a plugin for Wordpress that helps facilitate moving between a development domain and your live domain. Its portal is also easily accessible from your Wordpress install so you can do things like enable SSL, set up redirect rules, establish a staging environment and more. SSL comes with all packages and is easy to enable.

What do you dislike?

To write redirect rules, you have to use RegEx language, which can be tedious, but there's documentation to support it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as you're using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the only option you should consider for web hosting. Know the difference between DNS hosting and web hosting before getting started with choosing a provider. Consult support and the sales team at WP Engine, they're really helpful.

We've been able to migrate our customers off of hard to use/risky platforms and move them to WPEngine easily. We solve 404 errors quickly, fix long server load times from hosts like GoDaddy, and help minimize the amount of user errors on web development by utilize the staging environment that is easy to setup. It's also very easy to stand up an old version of your site on a development domain.

Seth P.

"WP Engine has great features and amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

What don't I like? First, migrating sites to WP Engine could not be easier. Managing my sites is so easy. Backing up and restoring my site is easy. Setting up SSL is easy. All of these things are so much harder on all other web hosting platforms I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more tiers for accounts. jumping from 1 site for $30 to 10 sites for $100 is big, it would be good to see something in-between. It would also be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run your websites mainly on Wordpress then definitely make the jump. It is more expensive than many other hosting providers but the amount of time you save with all the tools in WP Engine that are so easy and quick to use it is worth the extra money for the hosting.

I am reducing the time I need to manage my Wordpress installs greatly with WP Engine. What takes me a minute or two with WP Engine would have taken me up towards an hour or sometimes more with the other hosting platforms I have used.

AD
Administrator in Design

"WP Engine is best in class WordPress Hosting"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a fantastic managed hosting platform for WordPress. We have used them to scale our business with the headaches of upgrading hardware and software because they take care of it for you. Wp Engine continues to innovate with Staging, Development and Production sites rolled into every site you have on your account with them.

What do you dislike?

This is hard to say. W Engine has really come through with excellent features and incredible support. Honestly there is nothing to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend WP Engine to everyone and have used it forever. If you need CPanel or server controls they might not be right for you. It is managed hosting so they take care of this which is a relief for our company. You won't be disappointed with less work!

Ability to scale sites quickly without worry about hardware or server issues. This truly is a platform you can grow with. WP Engine allows us to free up website maintenance time with their simple daily backups, custom control panel and great support.

Kevin G.

"WPEngine for WordPress Hosting Hits the Sweet Spot"

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about WPEngine, but I think their support team is the best. They are friendly, knowledgeable, quick, and thorough. They take the time to help but also to make sure I understand the technical aspects of the issue at hand. Their security is top notch, too. In the years we've been hosting with them, we've never had any hacks, breaches, or any security issues.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much of anything to dislike. I do wish they had some better entry-level pricing options, but other than that, I can't complain about the quality of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This space is pretty crowded. There are good options from Flywheel, Pagely, Kinsta, and others. WPEngine sits at the intersection of good pricing with good features, making it a great value when compared with the others.

WPEngine keeps me from worrying about the security of my website. Their support staff keeps me from spending unnecessary time troubleshooting issues. Website uptime is exceptional.

Zach B.

"A fast and intuitive platform for WordPress websites"

What do you like best?

Our WordPress installs run extremely quick and smooth on WP Engine servers. The user interface is easy to use and we can get set up in less than an hour. The pricing is quite reasonable and not much more than we'd expect to pay on standard web hosting servers that aren't optimized for WordPress. We get great data on visitor activity in our account.

What do you dislike?

WP Engine is such a straightforward and simple service that doesn't often require frequent maintenance, so it's hard to point out anything I really dislike. It might be complicated for people that aren't familiar with WordPress though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should strongly consider WP Engine for your WordPress website(s). It might be hard for some to tell the difference in performance, but the difference is definitely there and it's actually often substantial.

We're able to run our WordPress websites very quickly in a server that's optimized for this particular CMS. We have more stable pages and few issues with malware. We can host pages for a variety of marketing applications and know that they will load reliably.

doug l.

"Poor customer service, Expensive: exceedingly poor value."

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. The salespeople trying to sell me their product were very polite, if not very knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Support staff are arrogant, generally not knowledgeable, and have a tendency to rely on excuses and scapegoating.

Customer and/or tech support was never live. Instead, relying upon a ticket system and an antiquated back and forth email communication structure....is this 1996?

WP provide the kind of customer service that I've come to expect from shared hosting platforms that cost 10% what WP charges. Thus, the service is EXPENSIVE, and the value is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its expensive. The value is poor.

If you're really small, and price is no object, then fine.

If you want a good value, good customer service, and a no-excuses attitude about tech support, DON'T CHOOSE WP ENGINE.

Once upon a time, WP had a product that was unique. Now everybody offers the same product; most cheaper, most better. Better in terms of the value and the customer support, both of which are poor with WP.

WP technology is no longer novel, with alternatives currently available that exceed the offerings of WP Engine, with the added advantage of LIVE customer support.

With WP, tech support is no more than a few email exchanges and a day or two away. Did that sound acceptable? Then maybe WP is for you. For those who like to fix their problems immediately, without excuses or scapegoating, DON'T choose WP.

Their service is comparatively expensive...meaning their value is poor. Their service agents are arrogant, and negative feedback will cause them to non-stop email you in an attempt to compensate for the poor service their company offers.

Lastly the "speed" they offer you is a pipedream. My site had a D rating for speed, despite having paid extra for their apparently useless CDN software. I was advised to add a plugin. Couldn't I have done that on a shared server? Did I really need to pay a premium price for 18 months for you to tell me the speed I was paying for was ultimately determined by a 3rd party plugin?!

As I started to see the poor value that I was getting from WP, I asked them to outline what exactly I was getting from WP. What I discovered is that they do not manage anything at all. In fact, they don't even do DNS. (You'll have to get your DNS from a third-party.) They’ll keep your WordPress software updated, and keep a daily backup of your site. But that is it. For what they charge, I'd assume they would offer services that are beyond what the free plugins would accomplish. Guess I was mistaken.

When directly confronted with WHAT they had actually done for me, they balked. I requested, in writing, a rundown of the services they offered. He copied the text from their webpage into an email. Clearly, he had no respect for me…or apparently customers of WP in general.

Lastly, the same web development professional that introduced me to WP acknowledged that the company has gone downhill significantly as it pertained to customer service in the time I'd been with them. (Going on two years). That same web development professional recommended I get the same product for less money at any number of outlets.

So let's see, WP is comparatively expensive and a notably poor value. WP’s customer service is somewhere between poor and none. WP doesn't live up to hype or expectations that they themselves promoted. And everything they offer is available from their competitors for equal or less money. In short, there’s no longer anything special about WP…except its poor value.

Karl M.

"Solid tools and performance for more complex WordPress installs"

What do you like best?

The fast loading times are probably one of the best things about WP Engine. Being able to manage a hosting account that is specifically suited for WordPress is very convenient and reduces much of the clutter of less relevant features in other web hosting services. The WP Engine support team is very knowledgeable about common installation, coding and malware issues. I like that we can see live traffic and account data in our user portal. It's also very convenient that we can set up access to content delivery networks.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit on the high end. I don't like that there is a limit to how many websites we can include in our account. Other web hosting plans with similar pricing often offer hosting of an unlimited number of websites. Due to the limited number of websites allowed and save money, we also use other hosting packages for less complex WordPress websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple WordPress installs, WP Engine is a great way to keep track of and manage them all in one place. The hosting structure is ideal for WordPress and you should be able to have faster loading pages compared to standard web hosting websites. If the pricing is too high, you can select a lower tier plan to host only your most important websites.

The WP Engine platform has been a smooth and easy way for us to host and manage many of our critical WordPress websites. We not only use them for marketing and allowing easy access to online forms, we also use them for client websites and other digital asset needs. WP Engine gives us a good amount of web security and allows us to WordPress pages more efficiently, which creates a better experience for the end user.

Nik L.

"Perfect for Freelancing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WP Engine is how easy they make everything. If you need a staging environment - boom - there you go. If you need a CDN set up - boom - there you go. If you need SSL - boom - you get it. Also the live chat support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The pricing may seem initially a little high with what you can usually find at other places in regards to basic hosting, the pricing tiers are annoying too. Basic at $30 and the next level is $100...kind of a leap...

Also..setting up the domain mapping is a bit of a headache as the DNS records seem to take longer than normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into pantheon.io as well. I haven't used it but I've heard good reviews about them as well. Pricing is the same so I'm not going to switch, pantheon does Drupal hosting as well if you need your agency to be more flexible.

As a freelance business owner I relay on the ability to set up quick SECURE staging environments and deploy sites quickly to my clients servers. Super easy to get things done with just pushing buttons. Also, if I have any tricky server questions the live support team is available even at 3am in the morning.

James F.

"We love the additional security and backups they provide"

What do you like best?

I love that it's the closest you can come to a managed site without it actually being managed, It's great knowing that you don't have to remember to keep up with updates as they are done automatically,, backups are regular and included in the price along with image optimization for speed. Support is great too.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive for Wordpress hosting, also their basic plans are 1 site or 10 sites and with the 1 site plan you can't do multi-sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The 10 site plan really is the better plan if you run multiple sites, you can also run multi-sites within this plan. Setup is a bit hard especially if you are using 1on1 for domains but they prove support for all of this. Once setup running it is a dream, require hardly any regular maintenance as they cover all of this.

We needed a solution that was secure and backups and covered updates. Our webs team is part-time so we often don't remember to keep our sites up-to-date so knowing that this is covered is great.

"By far the greatest hosting by anybody I have ever used, especially for Wordpress!"

What do you like best?

I love everything about this service; everything from their lighting fast support, to the tools they offer for users of their service. First the support, if you ever have an issue, which I rarely do ( and most of the time I have a question about something I need to do) they are there within seconds to help you and or answer any question you might have. Second the tools, if you have ever worked with WordPress, you know how important it is to make backups of your websites. WP Engine has tools in place that will automatically backup your website multiple times. You can also initiate a backup. You can deploy your website into staging with the click of a button to test before you deploy. You get free SSL certs for every website, for FREE. It is the best money I have spent.

What do you dislike?

I have been using their service for the past year and a half and I have yet to find something I dislike about their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The money you will spend with WP Engine will be money well spent, everything from the automated backups, free SSL, and lighting fast reliable support, you can rest assure that your site is run at it best with no issues.

We solved the frequent and sluggish performance we were experiencing with other hosting providers. WP Engine offers superior hosting for WordPress and it is lighting fast and secure..

Collin B.

"Best professional hosting for Wordpress"

What do you like best?

WP Engine support and backend is the best I've ever had to use. They're UX is and Cpanel are clear and modern. The 24 hour chat support and phone support is staffed by technical people and i haven't had an issue yet. Deploying sites and creating staging environment is super fast.

What do you dislike?

very little is wrong with WPengine. Sometimes it can be a bother to not have the customization of adding on extra thinks (like a client portal built outside of WP) but thats extremely small and rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wp engine is fantastic if all your needs are met within the wordpress ecosystem. otherwise it can be challenging to find work arounds.

WpEngine has a no worry solution for automatic backups and free SSL is great for $30/month. They scale to our needs as well so we never have to worry about being throttled if we get a lot of press. and at $1 for every 1000 visitors over your quote, hits one of the cheapest solutions

"WP Engine is one of the best hostings for a Managed Wordpress Solution"

What do you like best?

WP Engine makes managing hosting for a wordpress website super easily. They provide a top notch hosting environment for hosting wordpress. Installation is one click and they offer an easy to use staging area, which most hosting of this price range does not. Moving from a staging to live area is as easy as a few clicks using their web interface. Rollbacks are equally easy to accomplished, and a feature I have had to use a few times when updates did not go as planned.

What do you dislike?

Being a managed Wordpress hosting environment there are some limitations. They turn off revisions history by default, which for some people can be more then problematic. Some plugins also dont work well in their environment and they expressly tell you which ones wont and that they will be deactivated if installed. Really minor details.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WP Engine might cost more then your basic shared hosting plan but is a much better product. For a bit more a month you get real auto backups and a staging server. You can also produce on the fly backups with a click, something lower end hosts dont have.

WP Engine helps me solve the issue of limiting hours required for routine tasks. WP Engines auto backs and rollbacks allow to not have to spend time making tedious backups and setting up staging servers, which has greatly freed up time. I am able to focus on development and rollout of sites instead of maintenance taks.

Sean A.

"Reliable hosting, well worth it. "

What do you like best?

Their systems and support are the best business-grade solutions for Wordpress hosting I have experienced. Great tools like Git integration, backups, and user management allows a professional agency or larger company really do what they need to do for their websites.

What do you dislike?

They can be a little costly I feel. That is really the only thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just consider the dedicated server. You will be able to control things better and customize more specifically for your website needs.

We use WP Engine for our hosting solution. They have been great with supporting our Wordpress instances. It has allowed us to focus on our design and development and less about servers and systems. It has really allowed our marketing department scale and be more agile.

Francis R.

"Does much of the heavy lifting"

What do you like best?

There is a CDN built right in for faster performance. The features the come with the hosting are fantastic and very useful. The chat support is always easy to reach and super helpful. This platform is fast and secure, which are critical when choosing a web host.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next level. Adding SSL support can cause issues when at some point after installing it. Otherwise, not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty much any company can use the security, quickness and reliability that WP Engine gives you. The the monthly cost should be reasonably within most budgets for small business. It works for us!

Our team doesn't need to make extra effort to back up or keep our WP Engine software updated. Needed stable, fast and secure hosting. We have closed our accounts with all other hosting providers.

Learn more about WP Engine

WP Engine Videos

Learning about WP Engine?

* We monitor all WP Engine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.