WP Engine

WP Engine

4.7

Hassle-Free WordPress Hosting. WP Engine Offers the Best Fully-Managed WordPress Hosting Platform

Work for WP Engine?

Learning about WP Engine?

WP Engine Reviews

Ask WP Engine a Question
Steve L.

"Best WordPress Hosting Environment"

What do you like best?

No down time ever; blazing fast speed; easy to use back-end interface; pricing is reasonable, too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet; it does everything we need in a very reliable fashion

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best choice for managed WP Hosting; fast, reliable, priced right...what more do you need?

Reliable Wordpress website hosting for dozens of client websites

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
Showing 122 WP Engine reviews
Leon H.

"Not reliable anymore: outages because of other customers, no solution and no monitoring"

What do you like best?

I used to like their premium customer support and service. The interface and use of is very simple.

What do you dislike?

Recently we experienced a few outages with WP Engine and the way they have been handling it, is unprofessional and doesn't actually solve the problem. I can't recommend WP Engine as a reliable hosting service.

My own (external) monitoring alerted me that all of our sites hosted with WP Engine were offline. This happened a few times in the past for a few minutes, but this one was longer.

When I contacted their support, the response time was quite slow and once I got to chat with a customer rep. he was telling me it has something to do with PHP7. Only later he corrected himself and admitted there is some problem with the server my sites are on. WP Engine is a shared hosting service and even though we're paying >$100, our sites are together with other users one the same server/cloud instance.

Our websites ended up being offline for 7 hours during main business hours. I had to contact them, as it seems they weren't even aware of the problem in the beginning. I was promised we would be moved to a "quieter" server and this shouldn't happen again.

A week later, our sites were experiencing outages again. Again, I only found out because of my own monitoring. Again, their support thought it has something to do with PHP7 in the beginning and only then found out that we were AGAIN experiencing outages because of another customer's site. Our sites were on and offline during evening hours on a very important day for one of the websites for four hours.

We were yet promised to be moved to a quieter service, but I was told this can happen again. I can't comprehend how they don't monitor for this themselves. Referencing to their SLA I was only offered some credits.

I'm now looking to switch to a professional WP hosting service that is reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use more reliable hosters

Managed Wordpress hosting. Not having to worry about hosting.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
Jared M.

"WP Engine has changed the way we do the web for our business and clients"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a great product for managing website consolidation, quick M&A turnaround and new properties that you need stood up quick. It also makes it seamless for internal and 3rd party development with good staging and production flows to roll things up and down as needed.

What do you dislike?

Most of the items I have had suggestions for improvement for over the past couple of years have been implemented on the administrative and support side, so no complaints here!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on how many properties you are going to manage investigate going dedicated vs. shared as there are benefits to both sides with the biggest consequence mainly being you will share resources with other shared tenants (and at times it could be not speedy). We elected to go dedicated and have never had a single problem with in 2.5+ years. Also, when pricing your enterprise tier do your homework on how many sites you need now and how many you will need so you do not overestimate your initial first year of your dedicated instance.

Reduced # of CMS to support, providing single pane of glass for managing and administering platform, delivering marketing faster time to market on website instance stand-up. Benefits are type 1 ROI on license savings from moving from other platforms and reduction in cycle time of time to market of delivering an available website for editing. Other benefits are providing great ease of use in WordPress and freeing up internal IT resources from day-to-day management of wordpress.org properties.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

★ STACI J.

"Ideal Server Setup for WordPress Websites"

What do you like best?

We use WP Engine as our WordPress server. We know that there is requirements for each website that is setup and it helps to keep the WordPress websites running as fast as possible.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is honestly nothing to say as an item to be disliked. All in all, WP Engine has a certain way that they are running the server for the WordPress websites that we run on the system and we've found that it helps to keep all the sites we host on the server to run that must faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hands down, if a client is running their WordPress website on something other than WP Engine, you might want to do a comparison and really determine if that is the best choice for you.

Previously we had websites running on another server that ran into DDOS attacks at the time. When this was happening, we looked for a new server to get our sites moved over too so they could be up and running. We like how WP Engine is powering their servers as it helps us to report to our clients with just about each month with 100% up time. Keeps our clients happy and us.

Ivelina D.

"The Best Managed WordPress Hosting Ever!"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is the best choice for hosting your WordPress website! They offer so many great tools for your website - from migrating, to automated backups, free SSL certificate, levels of security...support is 24/7, the staff is super knowledgeable and helpful, going above & beyond!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this company! I have used them for about 3 1/2 years now, and it just keeps getting better!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a WordPress website, don't even consider hosting it anywhere else but WP Engine. It is all well worth it! A few clients have had their websites compromised in the past, while using other hosting companies - it was a nightmare to deal with those issues. Ever since those clients switched to WP Engine, we can all relax and have a peace of mind because of the level of security and excellent support WP Engine provides!

Website backups, website security, managed WordPress, easy WordPress website migration, easy user portal navigation, chat available 24/7 for any issues, easy SSL certificate setup, excellent support

Sam P.

"Account Managers, hosting speed, support - everything is top notch"

What do you like best?

The Account Managers are great. I worked with my account manager Oscar Saldivar, who went out of his way to make sure he took ownership of my problems, executed with urgency and raised the bar as far as account managers go.

The hosting is fast. REALLY fast. I came over from host gator and I was pleasantly surprised how fast it was. NEVER GOING BACK.

Support is great. 24/7. You can easily get online and get help with anything you need.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could call in for support. Sometimes it is easier to explain what isn't working on the phone versus typing it out.

Fast hosting. My client's websites were not a tiny site by any means and WP Engine handles them no problem.

Sophia L.

"A simple and secure WordPress management solution"

What do you like best?

WP Engine has a tight system in place to strengthen the performance and security of our WordPress websites. We don't have to pay frequent attention to configurations or monitor activity from external threats. The user interface of WP Engine is neatly organized and allows us to change settings quickly without complicated procedures. The pricing is quite reasonable and competitive with similar WP management solutions I know about.

What do you dislike?

Using WP Engine doesn't quite give me the flexibility that I had when working with a standard hosting platform. Though I like the metrics that can be viewed in our dashboard, there aren't as many advanced metrics included. I would like to be able to add more extensions to give us more data and integration options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With all of the security issues out there now that could effect website performance and user privacy, it's very important to have an website management solution that can give you efficiency and protection that exceeds basic requirements. I'd recommend WP Engine as a platform that can deliver that at a reasonable cost.

We don't need to constantly monitor activity on our WordPress websites. WP Engine runs our websites in a stable environment that's less prone to malware and negative performance issues. Our web pages usually load as fast as industry standard page loading speeds. We can maintain our WP website settings, databases and other elements in a concise and secure environment that allows us to focus more on content creation.

Kyle M.

"Extremely Reliable and Useful Wordpress Hosting"

What do you like best?

I like that this is not a hosting platform that is difficult to use like GoDaddy or Network Solutions. The UI is great. There's a plugin for Wordpress that helps facilitate moving between a development domain and your live domain. Its portal is also easily accessible from your Wordpress install so you can do things like enable SSL, set up redirect rules, establish a staging environment and more. SSL comes with all packages and is easy to enable.

What do you dislike?

To write redirect rules, you have to use RegEx language, which can be tedious, but there's documentation to support it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as you're using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the only option you should consider for web hosting. Know the difference between DNS hosting and web hosting before getting started with choosing a provider. Consult support and the sales team at WP Engine, they're really helpful.

We've been able to migrate our customers off of hard to use/risky platforms and move them to WPEngine easily. We solve 404 errors quickly, fix long server load times from hosts like GoDaddy, and help minimize the amount of user errors on web development by utilize the staging environment that is easy to setup. It's also very easy to stand up an old version of your site on a development domain.

Seth P.

"WP Engine has great features and amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

What don't I like? First, migrating sites to WP Engine could not be easier. Managing my sites is so easy. Backing up and restoring my site is easy. Setting up SSL is easy. All of these things are so much harder on all other web hosting platforms I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more tiers for accounts. jumping from 1 site for $30 to 10 sites for $100 is big, it would be good to see something in-between. It would also be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run your websites mainly on Wordpress then definitely make the jump. It is more expensive than many other hosting providers but the amount of time you save with all the tools in WP Engine that are so easy and quick to use it is worth the extra money for the hosting.

I am reducing the time I need to manage my Wordpress installs greatly with WP Engine. What takes me a minute or two with WP Engine would have taken me up towards an hour or sometimes more with the other hosting platforms I have used.

AD
Un-attributed

"WP Engine is best in class WordPress Hosting"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a fantastic managed hosting platform for WordPress. We have used them to scale our business with the headaches of upgrading hardware and software because they take care of it for you. Wp Engine continues to innovate with Staging, Development and Production sites rolled into every site you have on your account with them.

What do you dislike?

This is hard to say. W Engine has really come through with excellent features and incredible support. Honestly there is nothing to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend WP Engine to everyone and have used it forever. If you need CPanel or server controls they might not be right for you. It is managed hosting so they take care of this which is a relief for our company. You won't be disappointed with less work!

Ability to scale sites quickly without worry about hardware or server issues. This truly is a platform you can grow with. WP Engine allows us to free up website maintenance time with their simple daily backups, custom control panel and great support.

Kevin G.

"WPEngine for WordPress Hosting Hits the Sweet Spot"

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about WPEngine, but I think their support team is the best. They are friendly, knowledgeable, quick, and thorough. They take the time to help but also to make sure I understand the technical aspects of the issue at hand. Their security is top notch, too. In the years we've been hosting with them, we've never had any hacks, breaches, or any security issues.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much of anything to dislike. I do wish they had some better entry-level pricing options, but other than that, I can't complain about the quality of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This space is pretty crowded. There are good options from Flywheel, Pagely, Kinsta, and others. WPEngine sits at the intersection of good pricing with good features, making it a great value when compared with the others.

WPEngine keeps me from worrying about the security of my website. Their support staff keeps me from spending unnecessary time troubleshooting issues. Website uptime is exceptional.

Zach B.

"A fast and intuitive platform for WordPress websites"

What do you like best?

Our WordPress installs run extremely quick and smooth on WP Engine servers. The user interface is easy to use and we can get set up in less than an hour. The pricing is quite reasonable and not much more than we'd expect to pay on standard web hosting servers that aren't optimized for WordPress. We get great data on visitor activity in our account.

What do you dislike?

WP Engine is such a straightforward and simple service that doesn't often require frequent maintenance, so it's hard to point out anything I really dislike. It might be complicated for people that aren't familiar with WordPress though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should strongly consider WP Engine for your WordPress website(s). It might be hard for some to tell the difference in performance, but the difference is definitely there and it's actually often substantial.

We're able to run our WordPress websites very quickly in a server that's optimized for this particular CMS. We have more stable pages and few issues with malware. We can host pages for a variety of marketing applications and know that they will load reliably.

doug l.

"Poor customer service, Expensive: exceedingly poor value."

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. The salespeople trying to sell me their product were very polite, if not very knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Support staff are arrogant, generally not knowledgeable, and have a tendency to rely on excuses and scapegoating.

Customer and/or tech support was never live. Instead, relying upon a ticket system and an antiquated back and forth email communication structure....is this 1996?

WP provide the kind of customer service that I've come to expect from shared hosting platforms that cost 10% what WP charges. Thus, the service is EXPENSIVE, and the value is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its expensive. The value is poor.

If you're really small, and price is no object, then fine.

If you want a good value, good customer service, and a no-excuses attitude about tech support, DON'T CHOOSE WP ENGINE.

Once upon a time, WP had a product that was unique. Now everybody offers the same product; most cheaper, most better. Better in terms of the value and the customer support, both of which are poor with WP.

WP technology is no longer novel, with alternatives currently available that exceed the offerings of WP Engine, with the added advantage of LIVE customer support.

With WP, tech support is no more than a few email exchanges and a day or two away. Did that sound acceptable? Then maybe WP is for you. For those who like to fix their problems immediately, without excuses or scapegoating, DON'T choose WP.

Their service is comparatively expensive...meaning their value is poor. Their service agents are arrogant, and negative feedback will cause them to non-stop email you in an attempt to compensate for the poor service their company offers.

Lastly the "speed" they offer you is a pipedream. My site had a D rating for speed, despite having paid extra for their apparently useless CDN software. I was advised to add a plugin. Couldn't I have done that on a shared server? Did I really need to pay a premium price for 18 months for you to tell me the speed I was paying for was ultimately determined by a 3rd party plugin?!

As I started to see the poor value that I was getting from WP, I asked them to outline what exactly I was getting from WP. What I discovered is that they do not manage anything at all. In fact, they don't even do DNS. (You'll have to get your DNS from a third-party.) They’ll keep your WordPress software updated, and keep a daily backup of your site. But that is it. For what they charge, I'd assume they would offer services that are beyond what the free plugins would accomplish. Guess I was mistaken.

When directly confronted with WHAT they had actually done for me, they balked. I requested, in writing, a rundown of the services they offered. He copied the text from their webpage into an email. Clearly, he had no respect for me…or apparently customers of WP in general.

Lastly, the same web development professional that introduced me to WP acknowledged that the company has gone downhill significantly as it pertained to customer service in the time I'd been with them. (Going on two years). That same web development professional recommended I get the same product for less money at any number of outlets.

So let's see, WP is comparatively expensive and a notably poor value. WP’s customer service is somewhere between poor and none. WP doesn't live up to hype or expectations that they themselves promoted. And everything they offer is available from their competitors for equal or less money. In short, there’s no longer anything special about WP…except its poor value.

Karl M.

"Solid tools and performance for more complex WordPress installs"

What do you like best?

The fast loading times are probably one of the best things about WP Engine. Being able to manage a hosting account that is specifically suited for WordPress is very convenient and reduces much of the clutter of less relevant features in other web hosting services. The WP Engine support team is very knowledgeable about common installation, coding and malware issues. I like that we can see live traffic and account data in our user portal. It's also very convenient that we can set up access to content delivery networks.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit on the high end. I don't like that there is a limit to how many websites we can include in our account. Other web hosting plans with similar pricing often offer hosting of an unlimited number of websites. Due to the limited number of websites allowed and save money, we also use other hosting packages for less complex WordPress websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple WordPress installs, WP Engine is a great way to keep track of and manage them all in one place. The hosting structure is ideal for WordPress and you should be able to have faster loading pages compared to standard web hosting websites. If the pricing is too high, you can select a lower tier plan to host only your most important websites.

The WP Engine platform has been a smooth and easy way for us to host and manage many of our critical WordPress websites. We not only use them for marketing and allowing easy access to online forms, we also use them for client websites and other digital asset needs. WP Engine gives us a good amount of web security and allows us to WordPress pages more efficiently, which creates a better experience for the end user.

Nik L.

"Perfect for Freelancing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WP Engine is how easy they make everything. If you need a staging environment - boom - there you go. If you need a CDN set up - boom - there you go. If you need SSL - boom - you get it. Also the live chat support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The pricing may seem initially a little high with what you can usually find at other places in regards to basic hosting, the pricing tiers are annoying too. Basic at $30 and the next level is $100...kind of a leap...

Also..setting up the domain mapping is a bit of a headache as the DNS records seem to take longer than normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into pantheon.io as well. I haven't used it but I've heard good reviews about them as well. Pricing is the same so I'm not going to switch, pantheon does Drupal hosting as well if you need your agency to be more flexible.

As a freelance business owner I relay on the ability to set up quick SECURE staging environments and deploy sites quickly to my clients servers. Super easy to get things done with just pushing buttons. Also, if I have any tricky server questions the live support team is available even at 3am in the morning.

James F.

"We love the additional security and backups they provide"

What do you like best?

I love that it's the closest you can come to a managed site without it actually being managed, It's great knowing that you don't have to remember to keep up with updates as they are done automatically,, backups are regular and included in the price along with image optimization for speed. Support is great too.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive for Wordpress hosting, also their basic plans are 1 site or 10 sites and with the 1 site plan you can't do multi-sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The 10 site plan really is the better plan if you run multiple sites, you can also run multi-sites within this plan. Setup is a bit hard especially if you are using 1on1 for domains but they prove support for all of this. Once setup running it is a dream, require hardly any regular maintenance as they cover all of this.

We needed a solution that was secure and backups and covered updates. Our webs team is part-time so we often don't remember to keep our sites up-to-date so knowing that this is covered is great.

Un-attributed

"By far the greatest hosting by anybody I have ever used, especially for Wordpress!"

What do you like best?

I love everything about this service; everything from their lighting fast support, to the tools they offer for users of their service. First the support, if you ever have an issue, which I rarely do ( and most of the time I have a question about something I need to do) they are there within seconds to help you and or answer any question you might have. Second the tools, if you have ever worked with WordPress, you know how important it is to make backups of your websites. WP Engine has tools in place that will automatically backup your website multiple times. You can also initiate a backup. You can deploy your website into staging with the click of a button to test before you deploy. You get free SSL certs for every website, for FREE. It is the best money I have spent.

What do you dislike?

I have been using their service for the past year and a half and I have yet to find something I dislike about their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The money you will spend with WP Engine will be money well spent, everything from the automated backups, free SSL, and lighting fast reliable support, you can rest assure that your site is run at it best with no issues.

We solved the frequent and sluggish performance we were experiencing with other hosting providers. WP Engine offers superior hosting for WordPress and it is lighting fast and secure..

Collin B.

"Best professional hosting for Wordpress"

What do you like best?

WP Engine support and backend is the best I've ever had to use. They're UX is and Cpanel are clear and modern. The 24 hour chat support and phone support is staffed by technical people and i haven't had an issue yet. Deploying sites and creating staging environment is super fast.

What do you dislike?

very little is wrong with WPengine. Sometimes it can be a bother to not have the customization of adding on extra thinks (like a client portal built outside of WP) but thats extremely small and rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wp engine is fantastic if all your needs are met within the wordpress ecosystem. otherwise it can be challenging to find work arounds.

WpEngine has a no worry solution for automatic backups and free SSL is great for $30/month. They scale to our needs as well so we never have to worry about being throttled if we get a lot of press. and at $1 for every 1000 visitors over your quote, hits one of the cheapest solutions

Un-attributed

"WP Engine is one of the best hostings for a Managed Wordpress Solution"

What do you like best?

WP Engine makes managing hosting for a wordpress website super easily. They provide a top notch hosting environment for hosting wordpress. Installation is one click and they offer an easy to use staging area, which most hosting of this price range does not. Moving from a staging to live area is as easy as a few clicks using their web interface. Rollbacks are equally easy to accomplished, and a feature I have had to use a few times when updates did not go as planned.

What do you dislike?

Being a managed Wordpress hosting environment there are some limitations. They turn off revisions history by default, which for some people can be more then problematic. Some plugins also dont work well in their environment and they expressly tell you which ones wont and that they will be deactivated if installed. Really minor details.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WP Engine might cost more then your basic shared hosting plan but is a much better product. For a bit more a month you get real auto backups and a staging server. You can also produce on the fly backups with a click, something lower end hosts dont have.

WP Engine helps me solve the issue of limiting hours required for routine tasks. WP Engines auto backs and rollbacks allow to not have to spend time making tedious backups and setting up staging servers, which has greatly freed up time. I am able to focus on development and rollout of sites instead of maintenance taks.

Sean A.

"Reliable hosting, well worth it. "

What do you like best?

Their systems and support are the best business-grade solutions for Wordpress hosting I have experienced. Great tools like Git integration, backups, and user management allows a professional agency or larger company really do what they need to do for their websites.

What do you dislike?

They can be a little costly I feel. That is really the only thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just consider the dedicated server. You will be able to control things better and customize more specifically for your website needs.

We use WP Engine for our hosting solution. They have been great with supporting our Wordpress instances. It has allowed us to focus on our design and development and less about servers and systems. It has really allowed our marketing department scale and be more agile.

Francis R.

"Does much of the heavy lifting"

What do you like best?

There is a CDN built right in for faster performance. The features the come with the hosting are fantastic and very useful. The chat support is always easy to reach and super helpful. This platform is fast and secure, which are critical when choosing a web host.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next level. Adding SSL support can cause issues when at some point after installing it. Otherwise, not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty much any company can use the security, quickness and reliability that WP Engine gives you. The the monthly cost should be reasonably within most budgets for small business. It works for us!

Our team doesn't need to make extra effort to back up or keep our WP Engine software updated. Needed stable, fast and secure hosting. We have closed our accounts with all other hosting providers.

Oscar S.

"The best managed WordPress hosting platform I have come accross"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about WP Engine is that they have excellent support. I've used them for over 2 years in a corporate website setting and they have never let me down. They make my job a lot easier and the price point is more than affordable.

I also like their daily backups, system for creating FTP accounts, and easy-as-pie process for adding certs to the site (you call them and they do it for you).

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about WPEngine. If I were to stretch for a criticism, i would have to say that they could do a better job marketing themselves. I've seen a lot of review sites that don't include them when they should be at the top of the list. I would think that there is room for some differentiation with regard to product offering as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even though WP is the most popular WCMS by far, worldwide, some professional organizations are still hesitant to use it for their primary web presence. WP Engine alleviates the anxiety associated with doing this. I would recommend most businesses to give it a try considering to price of entry (which is pretty low).

There was a time when an organization needed a back-end web developer and/or system administrator to ensure that all web systems ran properly. With WP Engine that is no longer the case. I have found that the combination of a WordPress CMS and WP Engine enables front-end only administration in most cases.

AP

"Lousy support"

What do you like best?

I thought that WP Engines would be an ideal hosting company. But this is yet to be determined.

What do you dislike?

I was chatting with a support person from WP Engines to get some help to reset my PW to a staging site. Being a newbie to WP Engine, I was not successful at resetting this. When I asked the WP Engines support guy to walk me through it, he said he would not and said to read the instructions he sent, which I already did. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. How hard would it be to simply stay on line (via zen desk chat) with me while I tried to do it? They would not. So I'm totally stuck here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good customer support appears to be woefully lacking.

nothing yet

Hannah W.

"The best WordPress host"

What do you like best?

After many years of trying a variety of hosts for WordPress sites (and a lot of problems), I am relieved to have found WP Engine. It is dead simple to use and ideal for anyone hosting WordPress websites.

Not only is the speed amazing, but they specialize in Wordpress, eliminating a lot of common problems when setting up installations. Oh, and the support is quick to respond and highly skilled/technical. I've spoken to support I believe two times total, and every time they were quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most frugal of solutions, but it's not crazy either. Let's just say I have tried many hosts, and with WP Engine, you get what you pay for. The reward is high-quality dedicated hosting and superb support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a specialized WordPress host, these guys have a good reputation for a reason. You get what you pay for, and you can always expect quality.

WP Engine makes WordPress sites lightning fast. The regular backups are nice, and I never run into any issues with installation or plugins.

Rachel M.

"Awesome for hosting your WordPress website"

What do you like best?

I love having a staging site so I can work on website changes and test them before pushing live. I also love having the ability to not only back up our live site, but also our staging site. This comes in handy especially when I'm updating plugins and may not be 100% sure they will work properly after making the updates. The products and services provided are well worth the $99/month we pay.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of! I've had a couple of instances where the support techs weren't as helpful as they could have been, but overall I love WP Engine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you know someone with some IT experience who can make sure you're taking advantage of all the tools WP Engine offers, like cache purging.

We needed a better way to host our website and someone recommended WP Engine to us. WP Engine makes it so easy to create 301 redirects, back up our site so we don't lose anything valuable, and now they offer free SSL certificates! Score!

Gary G.

"Pricey, but well worth it for the right site/client"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is stable, fast and secure - which arguably are the three most important attributes in picking a hosting provider.

What do you dislike?

In order to achieve that stable, fast and secure environment, they do limit site owners from installing certain plugins that WPE determines will place an undue strain or weakness on their system. These are not fringe plugins, but mainstream plugins like UpdraftPlus.

It is vital before initiating a migration to WPE or starting a new site, that you confirm plugins or other site features are allowed on the WPE platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your site needs the security, reliability and speed that WP Engine provides, and the monthly fee is within your budget, by all means go for it - provided that your plugins and other web services are allowed on the WP Engine platform - as some high profile plugins aren't.

Needed stable, fast and secure hosting. Got all three.

Cezar A.

"Powerful service for your wordpress website"

What do you like best?

I have been found many websites suffering malware, this is the tip: if you can't fix the problem but only clean your website.. I'd suggest you to move to WP Engine, they can handle this issue forever.

What do you dislike?

They should offer better rates, the cheapest one is about $35

Security issues as malware, you know when you start adding plugins and themes... they can leave the back door open...

Jeffrey C.

"The Best Wordpress Hosting Solution"

What do you like best?

It doesnt get better than wpengine when youre looking to host your wordpress website. They make it easy to access all of your files, set up your website, and take care of all of your plugins.

What do you dislike?

I dont really have anything that stands out to me about disliking wpengine but the only thing I wish that we had access to was the files in the backend, being able to go through a file tree and see all of the wp-content and other files would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be in your budget to go with WP Engine and I would say DO IT. Going through other hosting providers is just messy and annoying to have to deal with, but WPEngine really is the best and easiest solution out there.

We built a wordpress website for a client and using wpengine made it as easy as signing up, purchasing a plan, and setting it up within an afternoon of talking back and forth with our client.

Natalie P.

"Excellent Wordpress Hosting Solution!"

What do you like best?

I love that WP Engine has 24 hour customer support. I especially love that I can work on a site any time of day and have some one to chat with whenever I need it! They also help me with issues that are not even related to them!

What do you dislike?

The price is a little steep but very much worth it. It would be nice if you were to add installs as you need them. They allow you 10 installs and the next package jumps to 25 installs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to take all the worries and troubles out of your website hosting, this is the company for you! They take complete care of your site so you don't have to stress about it. I don't have to worry about spammers and viruses invading my sites. Customer support rocks. I love that the employees are so nice and go above and beyond to solve any issues you may have.

I am able to manage websites for my clients on a safe server. WP Engine can also fix any problem that may arise any time of the day and you don't have to wait hours!

Un-attributed

"Really helps to maximize your WordPress website's performance"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is great because they are dedicated to hosting specifically for WordPress websites. With the abundance of issues that could arise from your WP install, from connectivity problems to server compatibility, WP Engine takes away much of the stress from fine tuning your WordPress install so that you can focus more on your content and business. They have a detailed dashboard that keeps you updated on your latest visits and other performance data.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is generally much higher than standard hosting plans. For larger websites, the costs can get very high if you have increasingly more website visitors. Some of the information involved with setting up and maintaining your website through WP Engine can be confusing for some beginners or those not acquainted with the basics of WordPress websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest you analyze your website's performance on your existing host as much as possible to see if the move to WP Engine would give you much value. Though it is generally a great service and should allow your WordPress site to perform better, the upgrade might not be noticeable for simple websites.

WP Engine lets our team worry less about the technical details of our WordPress websites. They have updated server software, like PHP, and highly informed support team that can guide you through performance issues to maximize loading times. We can use our WP Engine websites to create landing pages that display information about services, events, news and promotions.

Un-attributed

"An awesome platform for efficient WordPress website performance"

What do you like best?

I think the best about WP Engine is that optimizes the performance of our WordPress websites. Using WP Engine has been surprisingly easy. In my opinion, WordPress is typically complex for the average person to implement, so I expected a WordPress hosting platform to be complicated to use. However, the user portal's interface was straightforward and provides us with many tools to help us optimize performance and shows us data about visitors, storage and bandwidth usage.

What do you dislike?

Though I find WP Engine to be a solid performer compared to other hosting companies, I think the pricing is rather high compared to the average hosting company package. For very basic WordPress installs, there probably won't be a noticeable difference in performance. Also, though the customer service is generally helpful overall, they are often limited in the amount of help they can give you about particular website issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a WordPress website that has a large amount of auxiliary code attached or uses a complex database, WP Engine can likely improve the overall performance of your web pages and facilitate a more pleasant user experience for your visitors. It can also allow you to focus more on your business, rather than keeping up with technical maintenance issues.

WP Engine has given us a ton of piece of mind when it comes to our websites and landing pages. WordPress is constantly changing environment with hackers on the prowl to exploit and holes in the system, so having WP Engine's security features in place has been great for uptime and keeping our WordPress assets accessible to our visitors. Also, WP Engine allows us to not have to focus on changing WP standards or server requirements. We can focus more on the content of our websites.

Cortney M.

"Very Happy With Our Move to WP Engine!"

What do you like best?

Working with the friendly and knowledgeable technicians. Help is always a quick chat away!

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing that we've found to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're moving over from another hosting provider, the migration process couldn't be easier. If you do have any snags in the beginning or along the way, their chat feature is super responsive and the techs are always able to help out. I feel they go above and beyond expectations.

We love working with a company that is specific to the WordPress platform. This is primarily what we use for our web clients, so it helps to work with a company that's so focused on doing that really well.

Ane L.

"Review of working with WP Engine"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to get in touch with someone whenever I need help, and they're incredibly knowledgeable. They've also made suggestions and given me tips to improve my page speed and security, which in turn has helped me improve my SEO efforts and traffic.

What do you dislike?

honestly I can't think of anything off the top of my head

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get what you pay for; I believe in paying a little bit more for hosting to ensure that my site is secure and improved.

The benefits I've realized is faster loading times on my website, which is incredibly important for SEO and for keeping people on your website. As a blogger, I need to try to get people to stay on my website and check out other blog posts.

Josh P.

"Powerful, secure, and excellent for running my agency and hosting my clients with"

What do you like best?

Top feature is being able to have my template site with all of my settings, base code, etc. all ready to go. And can create new sites for new clients directly from that template site in one click. Such a time-saver right from the beginning.

I can also upgrade to my own server and host all my clients on their super convenient platform with quick ways to manage their sites, restore sites, deploy back and forth from a staging site for each client, and most importantly never worry about security of my client's sites because it is so tight and always backed up with quick restore points. And then the speed enhancements like CDN and server cache are great as well.

Support has always been very responsive and helpful with any needs as well.

What do you dislike?

They do disallow a few plugins due to performance degredation and/or security, but I prefer faster, more secure sites so haven't had any really problems with it. Also wish I had a way to set up my own cacheing exceptions. Currently support has to take care of adding those.

I think I touched on it already. But systemetizing new site setup for new clients (by duplicating template sites) and easily manage many client's sites are big ones.

Also the reason I originally looked at it was the security. That is my original top concern considering the issues on other hosting providers I've been with.

Robert L.

"Always amazing service and support"

What do you like best?

WPE is there to help, whenever needed, and always gets any issue I have resolved quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The mandatory cache while in development can cause some issues. The cost can be a hard sell for clients who only look at dollars. But see below.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for wordpress hosting, IMO they are the best. They cost more, compared to cheap hosts, but, the time and money saved with the build-in features alone will more than make up for the cost difference.

I maintain and work on a lot of wordpress sites. WPE offers the best managed hosting I have used, which keeps wordpress secure yet still fully functional. The benefits of this are time and money saved for my clients, time and money not spent, say, unhacking a site, or, manually reinstalling WP or reverting to older versions. WPE has saved me many hours, and my clients literally (at least) hundreds of dollars just this year alone.

Alex B.

"Without question, the best WordPress host on the market today"

What do you like best?

WordPress is everywhere for good reason — it works, and it's easy for anyone to get started. But anyone who has used WordPress at a enterprise level knows it also comes with many limitations.

Thankfully, WordPress seems to be 'growing up', and WP Engine is right on the cutting edge of this effort. Top-notch support (both live chat and phone) by engineers who actually know what they're doing, developer-grade tools like git access and automated staging deployments, and of course bullet-proof infrastructure with regular updates.

I have used WordPress on both standard servers and other 'Managed' hosts. WP Engine has always come out at the top, and I now bring any new projects here by default.

What do you dislike?

I appreciate that blacklisted plugins exist to keep the platform healthy, but for this price I expect some degree of leeway (and a better process for reconsideration when plugins are updated).

The default caching configuration is generally sensible, but some especially advanced implementations will require working with the support team since there are no user-level configuration options.

Headache-free hosting for various web properties. We don't have to spend time thinking about infrastructure and security.

Stephen S.

"Simple powerful hosting for amazing security for your WordPress creations"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use and security which we use daily, issues can be rolled back instantly and new designs and development can be worked on in staging before deployment.

New deployments are quick and easy to release and all options are right there in the dash like php My Admin.

What do you dislike?

The cost is higher than other solutions but this is something which we sell to our clients as a premium product. We sometimes find caching issues on some sites where we have to keep purging the cache to ensure changes are revealed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When looking to host your WordPress website WP Engine gives you the confidence that your creation is going to be safe and secure. With daily backups, instant roll back and staging sites this hosting supplier truly is the only supplier to consider.

My previous hosting was on a virtual server which I managed via Plesk which was time consuming and at times difficult to manage. Back ups are daily with WP Engine along with the use of staging which we use to test new creation before deployment.

Nathan S.

"My day job is in marketing communications; I freelance for small clients developing custom themes"

What do you like best?

Stellar service. Not only do they explain the issue and how it's resolved, but they actually do it for you in many cases. I have yet to get support like this from any company of any kind. Support usually answers quickly and follow up when necessary. Aside from the support, the platform is just snappy. I have noticed a big difference when switching sites to WPengine. Even though I'm a relatively small fry, their service treats me like VIP.

What do you dislike?

Only thing is LiveChat wait time during peak hours is creeping a bit longer, but this is obviously a sign pointing towards an uptick in business. That uptick is because WPengine is a great company to work with and rely on for critical hosting needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As of 4/2017, WPENGINE provides excellent hosting, is regularly introducing new and useful features, and it's all backed with stellar support. Whether you're a small fish or a huge company, WPENGINE always seems to deliver VIP-level product and support. Very High Quality.

Excellent support, which mitigates any issues or downtime as quickly as possible. I never feel like I'm put on the back burner, and this makes me look great for my clients. Also, when sites respond and load quickly, it saves me precious time that I'm able to put out other fires with.

Matthew H.

"Taking the hassle out of WordPress hosting"

What do you like best?

Having sites hosted with WP Engine means that I have no worries now when it comes to updates to WordPress. Where as before I had to go through time consuming backup processes before making updates now it's just a simple click and done. Any problems and it's undone in seconds.

Another major plus point for the system is the ability to setup as many development sites as we want without this impacting on our billing. This way we can proof of concept various sites to clients before committing to a new package with WP Engine.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the incremental pricing structure currently, but this is nothing major as we would be looking to upgrade to a higher package in the future to help with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was hesitant at the price of WP Engine to start with as it is much more that if you were going to a normal shared hosting provider. But I would not host a WordPress site anywhere else now. The whole process of setup, migration and administration is so simple but so powerful that you will never look back.

For us one of the major benefits is being able to have confidence that "if" there is a problem, that WP Engine will fix it swiftly for us. We have had a couple of issues (with updates) that the support staff have fixed with no fuss.

One big benefit for us is the saving in time we now get with the system. Previously things like a new deployment / migrating a site / updating WordPress / setting up a development site - these all took large amounts of time to implement. But now we can do all of these actions in a few clicks with confidence that the system is going to work for us.

Ryan S.

"WPEngine What a Great Hosting Partner!"

What do you like best?

The first thing I love about WPEngine is that they handle the hosting, I handle the development and design, and don't have to mess much with the hosting. We are not a hosting company nor do we want to be. WPEngine has been a Great Hosting Partner.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into anything I don't like, not to say there is not something that will come up, but as of yet with a little over a year, I have yet to run into whatever it may be. Not to say I have not broken stuff :) but they are always there via phone or chat to fix it. The support reps are nice, they speak plain English and very knowledgeable about WordPress and their own Hosting platform. They have helped me with DNS and Domain issues too in the past with other hosting support they have told me to contact CloudFlare, or my domain registrar. But WPEngine staff help me get it fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IF you are looking for a hosting partner, someone who can handle all of your hosting needs and work seamlessly with you to provide a great overall service to your clients, then you are looking at the right company. They have been very helpful to our company and made changes to their process from recommendations that we have provided. WPENgine seems to really care about providing the best customer experience for us and our clients.

The first thing that I already mentioned is that we are not a hosting company. We want our customers to have fast reliable hosting, but we do not want to put countless hours of non-billable hours into fixing any hosting issues that may come up. I handed this headache over to WPEnginge a while ago and I am happy to have a full team of professionals to handle that for my clients.

Raymond S.

"WP Engine is hands-down the best place to host a WordPress site"

What do you like best?

WP Engine's managed hosting environment is by far the best way to host a WordPress site. We build and manage many websites for a wide variety of clients. When a particular client or website demands the best possible performance and security, we put them on WP Engine. Besides unmatched site performance, WP Engine's host of features makes our work as designers, developers, and webmasters very easy. We love and make frequent use of their git push, free SSL certificates, htaccess site security, domain management, and more, all of which is very easy to use through their online portal. These tools are a key part of our workflow. And on top of all of this, their customer service is phenomenal. They answer quickly and their support representatives are very knowledgable, even about highly technical topics. In the rare case they do not know something, they quickly get a technician involved. The few issues that we have had have been resolved quickly and easily. WP Engine offers enterprise-grade performance and service at incredibly reasonable and accessible prices. We love WP Engine!

What do you dislike?

We really have nothing negative to say about WP Engine. If I had to come up with something, I would say that sometimes their list of disallowed plugins prevents us from using plugins we would like to use, however overall we agree with their list of disallowed plugins and it really helps prevent reckless WordPress configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are having performance issues with a Wordpress site, WP Engine will take all the headache out of site optimization and solve many of your problems instantly.

WP Engine helps us solve a variety of business problems for our even wider variety of clients. Usually the key reason for migrating a client's site to WP Engine is site performance: A WP Engine site is blazingly fast. Our clients (and us) also love the security and daily backups. And their other tools and features make our development workflow seamless and efficient (the git push is great!).

Jack S.

"Delivers turnkey hosting that our clients need."

What do you like best?

WP Engine's focus has allowed them to fine-tune the experience of hosting a WP site. Having used many hosts, WP Engine is the most simple and most reliable. We want our sites to "just work", and WP Engine is the first to make that happen. There's definitely a philosophy behind WP Engine which just doesn't really exist with other hosts. We appreciate their vision. WP Engine is an active WP community member which shows their broader quest to drive WP forward.

What do you dislike?

Some developers might see WP Engine's platform limiting as you don't get a "server", so there isn't any CLI or non-LAMP support. For us, this focus and minimalism is actually what makes WP Engine great, but they might not be for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WP Engine comes in at a higher cost per install than many other hosts, but you get what you pay for. Their unrelenting quest to improve their platform, amazing support, and consistent quality beats out others.

WP Engine has allowed us to incorporate hosting as a core component of business. We actually REQUIRE clients host with us because we want the best experience for them and know that WP Engine will deliver that. We've driven revenue and phenomenal client experiences with this approach.

Bret W.

"Excellent Service and Support"

What do you like best?

The automated migration tool makes moving any site over to WP Engine easy as cake. Just install the plugin, follow the step by step instructions and your site is migrated in just a few minutes! And I can use that time to do other things now.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see what sites have available updates to installed plugins, and the ability to keep notes on a client. We've already converted to WP Engine, but this would save us from needing to keep these notes some where else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WP Engine will not be a waste of money or time, between their amazing and helpful support team and the ease of setting up and launching a new site, I have never been happier with a hosting provider.

Sites built on WP Engine are significantly faster than the sites we had previously been building on our old hosting provider. Add to that the additional security that WP Engine offers in protecting your site from brute force attacks

Pat S.

"From a Yugo to a Tesla"

What do you like best?

There are two things I really like. One is the absolute reliability of the hosting. There has been only one short downtime since I switched from one of the bigger low costing hosting options that was plagued with down times. The other thing I like is the reliability of the tech support. Compared to the other host, it is like going from a Ugo to a Tesla.

What do you dislike?

I wish it cost less just like I wish a Tesla was affordable...oh well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on the fence about switching from a cheap hosting company to WP Engine, give it a try. Not having to spend hours and sometimes days trying to solve problems all the while getting conflicting advice from different tech support staff makes WP Engine worth every penny.

I am trying to expand my reach and monetize my content. Having a reliable hosting experience is obviously foundational to that.

Jason M.

"Absolutely blow away by their service"

What do you like best?

WP Engine has stellar customer service. As someone who works all hours, having 24/7 chat support was a HUGE selling point for me. Now, after a few months of service, I can say that their 24/7 support is simply amazing. There's never a wait time more than a few minutes and the support staff is always helpful.

What do you dislike?

SSL implementation can cause issues when added after launch, but the support staff is always quick to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. Check out the others. Do your due diligence. Weigh the factors. Then, quit wasting time and sign up.

Since beginning with WP Engine, we have begun closing our accounts with all other hosting providers. As a WordPress consultant and WordPress design agency, we are blown away by the understanding of the content management system, as well as the level of support given.

We've also realized how great the uptime is with WP Engine. After running a test across other WordPress installations on other hosting providers, WP Engine blew the competition away. After 2 months, ALL WP Engine sites had 100% uptime! Nobody came close.

Scott J.

"Outstanding Performance and Nearly Immediate Service"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how WPE console allows me to review and modify all my client accounts from one easy to use control panel. It takes a bit to make the jump from cpanels, but well worth it! Secondly, it is really nice to know that any one of their support people you talk to know more about WordPress than you do!

What do you dislike?

Their documentation and it's availability/indexing could use some work. Often I have to bug a tech for something that should be easy to find in a KB of some sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WPEngine is a big part of my business and they do a terrific job supporting me and my clients.

I manage the hosting accounts for several large WordPress sites and it is great to know that WPE has my back from a hosting standpoint. I would say the biggest benefit I have seen as a small agency is that I don't have to employ an Apache/Hosting guy. WPE handles all of that for me.