Workplace by Facebook Reviews & Product Details

What is Workplace by Facebook?

Workplace by Facebook is a collaboration platform designed to connect entire organizations. It offers familiar tools like groups, messaging and video calling. It helps anyone develop team projects, run meetings, share news and even collaborate securely with other companies. Our desktop and mobile apps give people from all kinds of organizations a place to share their voice. Our free Standard plan gives teams a suite of collaboration features. The Premium plan offers the additional admin and integration features needed in a larger organization. Workplace connects to the apps you already use like Office 365, G-Suite, Sharepoint and Jira. So whether you need to find files, work together or track issues, you can get it all done in one place. Through Workplace, we want to help teams of any size to move faster and achieve more together.

Workplace by Facebook Screenshots

Q&A
French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
Facebook
Description
Facebook's mission is to make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what's going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
2004

Workplace by Facebook Reviews

1-50 of 899 total Workplace by Facebook reviews
Test Engineer
Most Recent Workplace by Facebook Video Review
Quality Engineer of Crane Co.

"Efficient platform to realize any project "

What do you like best?

It really is a quite innovative platform, as it has very efficient tools for communication and in particular when we have to manage the agenda system in what is the company as such. In addition, it has the facility of being able to publish any advertisement in a very easy to use way.

What do you dislike?

It becomes a bit tedious the way in which one must process the steps to make a video call, which should be minimized as it wastes time and despairs certain customers who work with us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are entering into what are the Internet businesses, you should start making this acquisition, because you will have the ability to have a very fluid communication with anyone and without limit.

We as a group (Company) have had an ample agility when using this platform, for the advances of actions of the company and facility to answer in greater amplitude and quality to the clients that must be attended to.

Project Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Same functions as facebook. Easy to contact people, easy to post"

What do you like best?

Same functions as facebook. Easy to contact people, easy to post.

Can update information about everything in the company fast.

Can use for both work and have fun

Can use and repleace some applications to cut down the cost and save money for the company

What do you dislike?

A little bit hard to keep tracking, especially with files, threads (if have too many threads and a file has many versions)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is a good solution to use. Of course, you cannot expect you to have everything working perfectly on one product, but you should try.

Easy to communicate for a team, especially if comparing with sending emails back and forth

Easy to catch up with announcements from the company

Easy to update info and find a colleague

Reduce the number of applications which need to install on computer

Can install easily even with mobile devices

Can use with external network (not only inside the company's network)

Finance Manager

"Boost to office morale"

What do you like best?

I love that it's a sight just for those in my work place. I felt like it greatly boosted team morale. It also helped me stay connected to what was going on in other departments, not just my own.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a few too many notifications. It's probably just glitchy but it seems like it's not picking up that Ive already viewed and clearing my notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for inter office communication. But this is also an amazing tool for boosting team morale and team spirit. It's been great for our office to be able to see what is going on with other departments. We've done work stuff, but also fun stuff too.

We are solving team morale issues. Getting a chance to see what is going on with other coworkers, not just in at work, but home too makes for a much healthier, better connected work environment. It also really helped with communication with in the team. It wasn't just a few people getting the updates, now everyone across the board can know what is going on

rexiwn

"Best portable office workplace # Fun"

What do you like best?

Workplace at Facebook is one of the major impacting initiatives taken by FB. Now no more need of work place to manage things. A gift for persons who need to start up , with no infrastructure cost. FB provides complete platform where team share build develop ask and work as a team. Communication options are available like chat share audio video calls.

What do you dislike?

There are many such developer options which are not changed , some time it is hurdle for developer and development. The rapid changing versions of workplace raise some compatibility issues which need attention. Security is very big issue , as verification of user is simple and no hard security.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to review some of the security issues also need to work on compatibility issues. The GUI need improvement, mobile support need to be improved and GUI for mobile working need major improvements. Must include options of demanding interested users.

The major problem of infrastructure and recruiting staff will skills and management. All these problems are solved as with Workplace we create our best team and no matter where the person is, flexible workplace and time.

Easy to manage learn and develop the code.

Practicum Student
Mental Health Care

"For Non Profits this is a god send."

What do you like best?

We are zombie slaves to facebook anyway, so the idea to turn its format into a company communication platform is amazing. There is so much you can do with it and for non-profit organizations, they offer it free.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of people out there that are afraid of Facebook stealing all of our data. Any sort of conspiracy type of person may be reluctant to use the product and so an alternative may be needed. Kind of like how school lunches need to offer a vegan meal now. I have not had that problem with my work but I can see it happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a bit of research first before committing but I can not see any downside. Everyone is already familiar with the format and there training is very step by step and support is great.

people are actually talking to each other. I am using it to destroy the power dynamic that kills ideas from being freely shared. Plus people get credit for their originality and it's far harder to steal others ideas when its in writing on a general chat page. There is so much more to discover.

Daniela Flores
(10,001+ employees)

"The excellence of Workplace"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt it is one of the best options among so many in the world, this social network has led me to meet many people in my company, we have managed to interact in a work and personal way, it is very similar to Facebook, even better because it has no advertising that is bothering every moment. You can do many things, including those that I use more is the fact of being able to post news or strategies for much faster dissemination of information, just enter the beginning of workplace and see the news of your colleagues or companies added. It helps a lot in business production by the quick way in which information can be disseminated.

What do you dislike?

Well, really so far, I have not had problems with the social network, rather I am still delighted with the performance of that application, I think it came to stay, is purely business so one manages to stay focused on what corresponds, no distractions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the best creations of Mark Zuckerberg if what you need is to connect your workers so that they know each other, without any doubt this is an excellent tool. For the simple fact of being a social network makes everything easier to use, is intuitive, so identical to Facebook. I highly recommend it.

Without any doubt the change that the telephone company has had with the arrival of this social network is remarkable, since the technical support managed to implement it, the staff has shown more empathy between them, we have managed to relate better, more in line with the current context that is basically based on achieving better interaction between the members of the company so that in meeting the objectives set by the company are carried out in a more friendly among workers. Every day we arrive and open the social network and see what's new to start the day in the best possible way.

Inventory Auditor

"Great tool to connect with co-workers"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Workplace by Facebook is that I can do everything including creating events, sharing information, making comments to other co-workers at my company. The second feature that I like the best is all about the interface and platform. There are very familiar to the majority of end users, allows for large scale adoption and increased use acceptance. Users can start using Workplace by Facebook with zero training and very effective for online and instant communication at workplace.

What do you dislike?

The downside of using Workplace by Facebook is about company confidential. Even though its feature allows users to share and update information, I still concern if our information couldn't be secured. Beside that, I don't have anything to complaint about. I would spend more time to explore more features using Workplace by Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have used it to share really important links that help us acquire better research materials

Even though I concern about its security, I still admit that using Workplace by Facebook can help our communication among co-workers more effective and updated by creating different group and different department.

Finance Manager

"Good Experience with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

It has been very easy to use it in our office because everyone knows how this social network is managed. In this sense, we definitely can save a lot of time and money. Fully complies with functions that we generally take advantage of in my company because we have been able to create groups, create events, share files, videos, pictures and making instant and direct calls. In the same way, Workplace by Facebook has this tool which allows us to communicate with other suppliers around the world.

What do you dislike?

We don't have automatically language translation feature yet and we would like to have this for the company since we are dealing with customers around the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would recommend potential clients to develop a strategy designed to take advantage of this software from the labor point of view.

- Improve customer relations and customer service

- Improve compliance & risk management

- Create internal/operational efficiencies

RPA UiPath

""Very good connectivity platform in any organisation to get new updates""

What do you like best?

Live Video enables users to broadcast live directly from their mobile and receive real-time feedback in the form of comments and reactions.

The News Feed is a scrolling stream of posts that uses Facebook's machine learning algorithms to keep people up to date with relevant company announcements.

roups are shared collaboration spaces where people can upload documents, leave comments, manage projects, and get work done with colleagues.

Workplace enables people to collaborate with external teams, partners or suppliers from within their Workplace account using secure and private groups, chats, and video calls.

Workplace Chat is an instant messaging tool that allows text, voice calls or video conferencing with up to 50 colleagues.

What do you dislike?

No Least for this, I Would rather suggest that, to those who haven't tried it, this is really a must try software.

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution.

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommendation this to others as it is having more advanced features than the other Tools.

It is very helpful to communicate with our fellow colleagues.

It helps to be updated on whats happening in an organisation.

With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Financial Centre Administrator
Financial Services

"Great communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like the easiness of using this software. Its very user friendly, and if you're familiar with Facebook it is very easy to use. The program is basically the same thing as facebook so its very easy to navigate, and communicate with users. I like the fact as well that you can see how long ago they were active on the system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to sent an out of office if you're away for an extended amount of time (sick day, vacation), or way to let people know you're unreachable (ie meeting, or presentation) so that people aren't waiting for a reply for an extended amount of time if something is needed urgently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great system once you get the hang of it.

Its an easy way to communicate with co workers, and its convenient that everything is in one place (Name, office location, phone number, desk location, city worked out of, and role in the company)

IT Manager
Real Estate

"Its just ok, and not exceptiopnal where it needs it most"

What do you like best?

It is affordable for a company social platform at $3 a user per month, and with chat included which adds to the value (though the chat isnt as good as purpose built options like slack exc.)

it makes for a great platform to make company internal announcements.

Facebook live integrates with our video conferencing system, Bluejeans, making webinars and events easy.

What do you dislike?

It really is just a port of facebook minus the ads, and just for your company and it lacks the integrations that we would expect from an enterprise app.

The chat is horrible, the notifications are awful and on the mac desktop app dont even use the built in notification system, instead using an in-app version. It also has no integration with things like google drive. Finally we cant segment users in the chat, making it so that anyone can contact anyone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it out, it is not a one size fit all. We are having some serious buyers remorse and poor adoption because it wasn't a perfect fit for us

We needed a place where anyone could post as we restricted posing permissions to email distros to avoid the dreaded reply all chains. this allows people to still communicate as groups without cluttering inboxes

Director of Marketing

"Needs more attention to be useful but has potential"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is backed by facebook, which provides the confidence that this product will continue to be supported into the future (unless it fails like Google+).

What do you dislike?

It's just not there yet. We were looking for more of a minor task management platform that allowed us to get off of facebook messenger group chat and better organize our thoughts and plans. We, instead, are still using Google Docs. We'd really like to use this but it doesn't offer much that Slack or Quip offer.

We tried for a bit to get this to work for us so that we could stop using Facebook messenger and better organize our thoughts, plans, and tasks, but it doesn't really have a lot to offer to get us off of facebook messenger.

Coordinador de marketing

"Integra partners from different countries"

What do you like best?

Literally connects almost everyone in the company, we do not know all employees and it is almost impossible to know us but having everyone in the workplace, we have an idea of who is who and what their functions are. The co-workers know and connect with each other in an easier and convenient way.

In addition we can know what they are working in another country and how we can integrate what they are doing in ours. Undoubtedly it is a perfect way to connect people from the same company.

When they told me that if I knew this application that belonged to Facebook, I doubted it too, but it really surprised me.

What do you dislike?

It needs more collaboration functions, that is, collaboration and project management. Since it really works in a way to meet people but it could be something bigger and more impressive. The features are a FaceBook for work, and that's it.

The implementation has been very weak since no one knows that there is a corporate facebook called workplace that works like facebook. I think they should do more publicity and try not to just meet people but have more tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it a lot. Everything that helps you connect with other people in different parts of the world is good

It is a great platform to connect with new colleagues who are in different countries and are from the same company. We can also share daily updates and information through this platform but only up there.

I recommend it for other companies that have headquarters in different countries that is not a platform to discuss business issues but to know what they are doing in the other headquarters and who are the people who work in it.

Account Receivable Clerk

"Easy Environment to share thoughts and ideas with co-workers "

What do you like best?

I personally love this product. Workplace by Facebook works exactly as you are expected. Our teams are often in the field for different projects and this product keeps us close together and give the best ability work and collaborate within our company.

What do you dislike?

It's actually a good product and very good at mobile version; however, sometimes, I'm still struggling opening my profile. It keeps just spinning, not loading even though our internet connection is very fast. I hope they can fix this as soon as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best fit for your company so I would recommend it.

Once of the best benefits of this Workplace by FB is Unlimited file, photo and video storage for our company. They have different languages support so that we can communicate with our buyers from oversea at no problem.

"Great Connection within the Company"

What do you like best?

it literally connects almost everyone in the company, it is convenient for larger companies as we do not tend to know all the employees, but by having everyone on workplace, we kinda have a clue on who is who and what are their roles. co-workers get to know and connect with each other in an easier and convenient manner.

What do you dislike?

nothing much. just that the new posts does not show up on the dashboard. you need to click in the created groups to look back on the past posts. it would be better if the posts are shown on a timeline basis rather than popularity basis. it would be easier to track on information or post shared earlier by co-workers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is a great platform to connect with new and old co-workers. we also get to share daily updates and information through this platform.

we are using workplace by facebook as a platform to connect to co-workers. a lot of important information and office functions are also shared and discussed on the platform. the greatest benefit is of course getting to connect to one another, especially getting to know new and old colleagues.

Executive Training Consultant (VP Operations)
Automotive

"Workplace is Just Another Facebook, Don´t Expect PM Tools"

What do you like best?

While the title says it´s blasé, I do like the fact that it operates and feels like Facebook. It´s familiarity makes it easier to use. It does keep work drama off personal ¨social¨ FaceBook, which is a big plus for project teams and call centers. I´ve used polls, discussions for creatives, status updates, and status of peers to be available for communication. We work remotely in five locations, three states, which made seamless cloud a must.

What do you dislike?

It needs more collaboration features like collaboration and project management. If I didn´t have to use something like Asana, it would help a lot. The features are a FaceBook for work, and that´s about it. Our feature implementation was weak, there weren´t many to use. We were better off just with Instant Message and Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider that if you have Chatter (SalesForce) or other collaboration implementations, you don´t need WorkPlace unless you want to socially communicate off of the ¨social¨ personal FaceBook. It is featureless for project management or progress tracking, and really disappointed us.

I looked for coordination of projects. What I had was a way to share concept art. Beyond that, it really isn´t highly functional other than hiding projects from mutual non-FaceBook friends. It does move any work drama off FaceBook, and keeps my competitors in mutual circles from seeing anything we work on. Sales Training and Consulting is collaborative, but a bad break with our former employers made secrecy a necessity.

"My experience with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that this program really helps to cultivate a social atmosphere in the workplace. It makes it much more fun to get to know coworkers when you have an electronic platform which to connect on. I used this program as a summer intern this summer, and found that Workplace by Facebook made it easier to connect to other interns in my local office, as well as across the country and world! One of my favorite aspects about Workplace by Facebook was the ability to follow pages within my own company. My company has a company pets and company twins page, and I thought that this was such a neat idea in order to make a more friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the work place, allowing for an easier flow of ideas and positive communication between coworkers.

What do you dislike?

My biggest qualm with this program is the amount of notifications that I receive. I get probably 7-8 emails per day with "updates", and even though I click "unsubscribe" on the emails, I still receive emails from a different category (apparently the unsubscribe button only works for specific categories of posts, and you have to go in and manually unsubscribe from everything to stop receiving emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend others to really get involved in Workplace by Facebook! It is definitely one of those products where the more effort you put into using it actively, the more you get out of it.

I have realized the benefit of improved communication in my place of work.

Sr Customer Relations Coordinator
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"Great inner office Facebook page"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is viewable only within the office and not through other social media entities.

What do you dislike?

You can't copy pictures that you want to use for future use and/or be able to share with others through other social media entities. Especially pictures you post yourself.

Instead of constantly sending emails to make announcements, WBF is that outlet to use. Announcements of promotions and/or group events can be posted. Also it is a great place to have an inner office yard sale per se when people can sell their used or new items. You can also use the chat features to communicate with people with again not using email all the time. All postings are in real time so when there is a surplus of food in the breakroom, people will know immediately.

Digital marketing executive

"Connecting Colleagues "

What do you like best?

best place to get in touch with your co-workers and sharing pieces of information and it also provides a way to share multimedia contents which is more helpful for keep tracking works

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything to dislike in the workspace

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect choice to keep your workflow and getting connected with people in your company and also it is free so startups can use it effectively

It gives me a way to get connect with my co-workers 24*7 that too without any charge and the benefit I realized is its technology, yes since it is a cloud-based platform in can keep my chat history as long as I need it and I can access it from anywhere.

"Workplace is great tool for multi-departmental businesses"

What do you like best?

I love that it is exactly like facebook if it were only groups. So you have great flexibility in what you see and don't see. I work in vacation rentals, so there is sales, guest services, maintenance, property service managers, and marketing. But then there are groups created like "Social Post" "Photos To Share" "Health Club" and others that help all departments come together!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if you can or not, but there are certain people I would prefer to block, but that wouldn't be conducive to the point of workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have inter-department issues where you feel like there is a disconnect or confusion, this will iron it out quickly! It's easy to not know how much a person's job affects the company until you see how it affects you! That is easy to see on workplace.

Receiving and sending messages that are inter-departmental. Someone may not check their email often. But a message on workplace chat can be seen easily.

I also really like that it helps me feel connected to people I might not see often, but I know are valuable part of the company.

Founder & CEO
Professional Training & Coaching

"Never underestimate the power of facebook !! Best thing you will get :)"

What do you like best?

Firstly it is the product from facebook so man !! Everything is best. You will not feel regret even if you choose to have this for small period.

Support team is also there for us which help us in workplace regarding any query of yours.

Go ahead if have a big team and make pages and groups. Everything you can do using this. even you will have access to free video and audio calls using workchat.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is to be disliked.. you will get everything fantastic..No other hassle in platform iot is simple and well planned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to all the company head who need their team on the board and also want them to be live on a best platform.

So from my side just go ahead.

Here at our organisation we use it for our team. We collaborate there and manage our work. See others report and check the status and post our success stories.

Benefits-

- You can create your page.

- you have personal groups.

- You can manage team using Admin panel

- Everything on your finger tips

Business technology Analyst

"Social Media Professtional "

What do you like best?

Toward digitization its connects us to new Technologies, we are using it on our organization analyze that Facebook is digital social media web app to connect each other in very short period of time ,

we had spend a lot of time on it

What do you dislike?

Workplace is some time running slow may be there is need to be some updation needed on server, but you can say that its connect you everywhere any time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Guyz,

I am highly Recommendations to use this Web social Media in your Organization, You can use easily and its very GOOD use for Socialization

It Connects to each other in very limited time frame, and through digitization it help us to goes modern frame work

Finance Consultant

"Make working as fun as it should be"

What do you like best?

70 percent of our organisation is comprised of the facebook and Twitter generations. This are the kind of group that looks for fun in everything they do.

Well, workplace by Facebook brings out a fun way of passing the message around. Just like facebook, it is easy to use and brings out creativity in relaying information.

Unlike mails where you will have to attach photos and send them to a group, here you can just post them and everyone would react on them through likes and comments.

For private messages, you can easily send messages in DMs just like any other social media.

What do you dislike?

We love workplace, in fact this is the first time we are having a message reach 100% of the intended audience.

However sometimes people get carried away with the fact that the system looks like facebook and forget that it is an official channel of communication and post a few unnecessary things there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I do recommend workplace for Facebook to those organisation with huge population of youths and young generation of facebook and twitter

We had a challenge in relaying information about. Some people did use to check their mail boxes nor the notice boards.

Workplace for facebook works both as a notice board and mailbox. People especially the young generation we have in our team have embraced this channel quite well.

Vacation Planner
Hospitality

"Just like my personal facebook!"

What do you like best?

I love that I didn't feel like I had to learn a whole new system. Everything works just like personal Facebook does, but, of course, it's only seen by people I work with. I love the ability to be a part of different groups, being able to chat with my coworkers online instead of having to send an email or buzz them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it required 2 new programs on my phone. I had to download the Workplace app, and the Workplace chat app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT! It makes communication so great for offices with 50+ people, and isn't tied to your personal facebook.

Communication has never been better in our office. We can post things to different groups, get answers to questions quickly, and we are able to keep each other updated on changes, issues, etc. with different properties we rent.

Head of Customer Support

"A somewhat bleak experience"

What do you like best?

I liked that you have the option to create group pages. As alternative to channels and threads they do have some added value. Group chats are possible as stand alone or tied to a group page. There is a dedicated mobile and desktop app.

What do you dislike?

All notifications are on by default, you get a lot of emails at first and you have to turn them off. Sometimes the messages were not updated in the browser tab or desktop app, a refresh was necessary to get new messages. The user experienced seems fragmented, too bulky and not fully unified into a more focused business communication tool. By giving a lot of options and trying to offer a Facebook like interface it becomes tiring. I did not find any use for having a personal page that others ca follow, just ads in complexity. Unfortunately image files sent over the chat get compressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, give it a go and leave feedback on the app.

We tried it as alternative to Slack to solve our internal communication. Our company tried Workplace but engagement was low as the interface was not liked by the employees in general so we used Chat Hangouts from Google since we all already have Gsuite accounts.

Business Analyst
Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Better and Customized social tool for companies"

What do you like best?

Send your messages to any group of people in the company as it does not need to send a friend request to your coworker. Seamless interaction and communication with the colleagues. Send private messages to anyone in the company in just a click. It also provides a customized app which is light weighted and opens very easily, it does not take time like the original facebook app. You can also use audio and video chat with this application.

What do you dislike?

It is a nice app by facebook and i like it. I will recommend to enhance it in more different way than facebook as it does give feeling of facebook ultimately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nice application. Great start by facebook to go inside offices and corporate.

Communication and information sharing.

Executive - Content & Publisher Support

"Workplace - Efficient social site to get relaxed"

What do you like best?

The ability to like share comment and engage the employees between others in friendly way. One the best I like about workplace is the application on our mobile. It is very easy to co-ordinate with our colleges and sharing thoughts with our product. Communications and appreciations can be shared within our co workers and getting motivated is very inspirational in social way.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I like this tool very much and cannot find any dislikes in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Users who are all using workplace at your office, please try downloading the application on your smart device and experience the best. Once we start using workplace you will get easily into it and it is the best social site for workers which all can use at any time.

It helps out in reaching all the teams easily if we post a comment in General.

It also helps us in creating a close relationship with the employees and even it is very useful in sharing our thoughts to the other peoples who work out of different branches

"Helpful for Workplace Communication"

What do you like best?

Workplace makes it easy to stay in the loop with what's going on in the company and connect with your co-workers. My favorite is the facebook-like interface that makes it easy to understand. The ability to make various groups within it as well is beneficial! This enables different departments, etc to be able to communicate among themselves with information that's not necessary for others.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the facebook-like algorithm can hide recent posts if they're not liked or commented on much. While this helps popular posts stay at the top, sometimes other important, but less interacted-with posts can get missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! I'ts incredibly helpful and user-friendly. Since it's the same interface as facebook, it doesn't take very long to get used to it. Easy-access and navigation. The workplace chat application also aids tremendously in co-worker communication.

It's created efficiency within our company, leaving out the miscommunication of emails or texts. It's amazing to have all the announcements, information, and communication in one place.

Senior Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Workplace Social Tool Review"

What do you like best?

Easy integration with company authentication method like Single Sign on method. Workplace is a Good source of information for all the company related news. Ability to ping anyone in the company and chat directly. Mobile app present for workplace to talk people on the go. Searching co-workers and the organisation chart are nice features.

What do you dislike?

Need effective use by everyone actively to enjoy this tool. Need to improve more on UI portion as it gives you feel of facebook. This idea of using facebook restricts many people from using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a new tool in our company but people has started liking it slowly. Worth to give a try.

Communication and company related information at one centralized place.

Senior iOS Engineer

"Relaxing tool at work"

What do you like best?

It helps us to communicate and share our thoughts within the organisation by providing various features that are available in Facebook with privacy and security only with our colleagues. The achievements in our work can be shared and appreciated in this social tool. Which helps us to boost up with our great work.

Team meetings and updates can be informed instantly with one single message to total organisation.

What do you dislike?

I am not at all disappointed about this tool at any point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to connect with Co-workers, Feedback about the products can be shared, Presentations and celebrations at our office can be shared with your colleagues, Email communications can be reduced and time can be saved.

Easy communication, can create separate groups for our teams and can share the updates and the pics of our team outings. Tagging our co-workers from other teams and making fun. Overall a great social tool to use at our WORK (Office) PLACE.

Content Writer

"Workplace is the way to go for daily communication with co-workers. "

What do you like best?

The messenger function is essential to my daily work routine. I also love the updates that I receive when customer service (for the company I work for) responds to issues with clients. The updates keep me in the loop with any errors with my work.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wouldn't always be the need for uploading an image for my profile. Even if there was an option for random images then that would be nice (maybe there is?).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this program as the only program to communicate with your peers. It has chat, video, updates, and probably a ton more that I have yet to discover.

Tons. If not for Workplace, I would be communicating via text/facebook messenger/skype. Workplace is a combination of all those and without the unwanted messages from friends while I am working.

Licensed Real Estate Agent
Real Estate

"Business for Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that my whole company has moved over to workplace. So instead of having different private groups on Facebook, (which there still are some team groups) we are now able to have open groups/chats/pages with workplace to answer business questions without the interruption of everyday Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was link or place that you could click to switch over to workplace super easy from your personal Facebook.

Since our business is on the cloud. And I work from home...being able to get onto workplace and see conversations about things I need help with is beneficial. I am also able to ask and questions that pertains to my real estate business to others in the company around the world on workplace. It’s very convenient to get answer back quickly. As I’ve compared to posting on workplace and regular Facebook. Much quicker. Also seeing news/updates from a broker or tech people through workplace is very quick as well. Great concept!!

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer

"Great to stay in touch with current affairs of the company "

What do you like best?

1. Can make the groups department wise

2. Queries resolve ASAP.

3. Can share screen shots.

4. Issue is read by a specific group and not those who are not related to the field.

5. We get a synopsis of whats going on overall and what problems other colleagues are facing.

6. Work chat makes communication easy from person to person

7. I use work chat more often as I can discuss matters with my colleagues person to person and seek advice .

What do you dislike?

1. Screen sharing not possible.

2. Ticket system would make it great as it will help to keep track of the solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good place to stay updated company wise at one place and all the company affairs sum up in one app.

1. It is gets to read company announcements

2. can acquire info about the ongoing and upcoming projects.

3. Receive updates about any current technology which might be helpful or harmful in the near future

Founder

"Useful communication tool for our company"

What do you like best?

At AgileBits we are using both Workplace and Slack. While nothing could be Slack for real-time chat, Workplace is much better suited for announcements and discussions that could span several days and even weeks. It helps that comments are threaded and it is possible to reply to a specific comment instead of the entire post.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that could use more work. For example, it is not that easy to format posts and if you forgot to specify that you were using Markdown then the entire post has to be recreated. Also, it is not possible to use Markdown formatting in the comments.

The timeline still confuses most of us. It is not clear why some post appear and some posts do not appear on the timeline. There are just too many smarts, it would be more effective if timeline was always chronological and included all posts from the groups I follow. I ended up using just the notification popup to keep track of the new posts and comments, which is not ideal.

We use different groups to communicate within teams. We also have a single Announcement group for company-wide announcements.

Most of our company is remote and in many different timezones. Workplace helps us to communicate asynchronously — some of the discussions take place over several weeks.

"Profesional y útil para el trabajo"

What do you like best?

Lo que más valoro es que tiene las funciones que usamos en el día a día (socialmente hablando) pero que su uso es básicamente es de trabajo, por lo tanto me ayuda a estar concentrado y saber que las notificaciones que recibo son solo por motivos laborales. Muy fácil de usar y de recomendar, ha sido sencillo implantarlo en el ámbito laboral. Mucha gente ya lo usa en el ámbito laboral.

What do you dislike?

No he encontrado nada que me sea negativo para el uso que le he dado.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Su uso es muy formal y efectivo. Recomendable para uso laboral.

Estar comunicados de manera efectiva, siendo una plataforma muy cómoda y fácil de usar para todos los empleados y los vinculados (proveedores y clientes). Muy recomendable para ofrecer en el trabajo.