Workfront Reviews & Product Details

Senior Software Developer
What do you like best?

It gives us an opportunity to predict future performance of our business. It centralizes all the programs to enable team work. Since we started working as a team we have increased production and our clients are more satisfied with our services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any negative functionality of this platform since I started using it in our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For improved production and achievement of set goals in many organization I highly propose the use of Workfront in managing all programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps our teams in working together from central position to achieve our objectives effectively. I am able to connect with our clients from remote areas give them more insights of our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workfront Overview

What is Workfront?

Workfront is the leader in enterprise work management. Workfront connects strategy to delivery, integrating people and data across the enterprise, and manages work from start to finish for the delivery of measurable outcomes, all in one collaborative platform. At every stage of planning and executing work, Workfront enables the business capabilities companies need to scale and win in the market.

Workfront Details

Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.

Workfront is the only enterprise-grade, cloud-based work management solution that manages all work in a single, central place while also managing projects. Workfront unifies all work, processes, data, and collaboration while also providing complete, up-to-date visibility into resources and work. The solution’s intuitive interface increases team productivity and collaboration, and empowers workers across the enterprise by providing the visibility to do the right work, do their best work, and deliver that work faster than ever before.

Workfront
2001
Lehi, UT
@workfront
1,008 employees on LinkedIn®

Workfront Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Workfront community
Have you used Workfront before?

Workfront Reviews

Showing 812 Workfront reviews
Already have Workfront?
What do you like best?

I like the "Open Proof" feature. It's easy to leave targeted comments on designs, and the "Approved with Changes" option is a gamechanger. I also appreciate being notified via email when proofs are ready for me to approve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to communicate with the designer within Workfront. Comments left in the updates section are often missed by the person working on the project. It hasn't been an easy system to navigate with competence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to become very familiar with the Workfront system so you don't lose track of any projects. Provide a clear outline of the application when you onboard new employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workfront is allowing us to collaborate on designed elements in our recent transition to a fully remote workforce. It's also been helpful to see design requests from prior years all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* Logical organizational data structure

* Lots of surface-level customization possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* WorkFront is constantly releasing new versions and function changes so learning and managing the program is an ongoing process that detracts significantly from the real work of our business

* WorkFront's frequent new version releases seem to go through no beta testing first and often have large functional errors. Instead the customer is forced to be the beta testers, which again detracts significantly from the real work of our business.

* WorkFront tries to make one single system cater in depth to too many different businesses---The result is an overly complex system where only half the core functions actually apply to a given business, and there's few ways for users to streamline it at that core level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Project scheduling

* We went paperless by capturing project data in the WF system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I LOVE all of the options afforded to me by using workfront. There are so many features and really helps project management. The tool may be a bit more advanced for people that are not used to working in project management but for those familiar with project management, they should have no problem. The product allows you to create templates for like projects and you can have timelines built in that will auto calculate based on a start date or completion (due) date. This makes it extremely easy to manage projects and know when they need to be started or when they can be completed. It is easy to drag and drop documents and images into the project so others can have access all in one place. You can also assign other users to specific tasks so that they show up for everyone. Each person can then manage their projects and timelines accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit complex at times to get it to do what you want it to do. Projects will sometimes show up as late or behind when they really aren't because the dates of the tasks overlap. This isn't a huge deal if you go in and look at the project but at first glance can raise concerns. This is an easy fix but it is very time consuming to go into each task and have them due at different times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read your reviews (as you are) and weigh the options to see what works best for your company. The product can work very well for users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving project management issues and time management issues with this product. We are able to all stay on task and know when things need to be done. We can see our full work load and update tasks and projects based on progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Project Manager
What do you like best?

Everything for a project lives in one place. Gone are the days of reply all emails and digging through your inbox to find details and attachments. It's great for referring to previous projects when copying a project or seeing what creative we used in the past for an ad or an email digital graphic. The reporting functionality is also super useful. I also love the New Experience! Great streamlined functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tagging users in threads is frustrating. You can't remove users from a comment thread if your new comment only pertains to specific people in that thread. For example, person A, B, and C are in the thread. I tagged all of them. Person A has a question for me and only wants reply to me, but they can't as they can't remove B and C from their comment. This functionality used to exist before they started making changes for the New Experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand your pain points first so you have more productive meetings for possible implementation. Network with current users so you can hear first-hand experience of their day to day work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking work Marketing executes to share with our executive office so they know exactly how much we're doing. Workfront is only used for Marketing projects, and using this helps organize and optimize workflow so much better than Excel spreadsheets from the past. Pulling task reports to show how much work someone is doing for example can be great information for business cases to add members to the team, or understand what we may need to resource. This also helps us realistically assign projects to users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Discovery Engineering Manager
What do you like best?

WorkFront is the only tool that provides the project alignment and gives a detailed lay out for the project completion. It provides me good reporting and offers the tracking of every single step of the project right from its business value to the stages they are up to. Through its templates I easily design the project plan and through its automation feature I feel so confident to assign the write target to my team members and of course can WorkFront leave me behind about their working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no doubt that this tool has make easiness for me as well as for my entire team. It let us track everything in efficient way. There is no negative aspects of Workfront. It has enable me to work effectively with its authentic features and functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool will definitely be fruitful for your organization. I am satisfied from its smooth running and basic features. It is easy to use and completely user friendly tool. I am happy with its reliability and effectiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like its multi-color interface and the displaying of the result in different graphs. Through its KPIs and progress tracking feature I am easily managing the risk management and cash flow thus increasing the project liability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Database Administrator
What do you like best?

It is very effective product in ensuring there is collaboration and proper management of documents in the workplace. It automates workflow for quick and proper service delivery to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has been working well since we deployed it in our organization though during document organization it is sometimes slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great platform for smooth workflow in any business enterprise with quick return on investment. I totally recommend to any company for increased production and proper service delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been great in helping us in managing documents and ensuring there is proper communication between team members and our clients. It also helps in automating workflow for better working conditions and smooth running of our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I was having great trouble about handling multiple projects at same time. It was so hectic to manage the time associated with each project and couple of times I left with loss. Recently I have switched to WorkFront and to my amaze it is all that I needed to complete my projects within time. Now I can easily collaborate with my team members and easily guide them about the weakest and strongest part of the projects for taking the immediate actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WrokFront does not provide any facility about the chat box neither can attach any sticky note on while analyzing the performance of my team. Many of the amazing features are available in the costly plan. Also to create the new templates is very complicated, I am hopeful to see further modifications so that it becomes one window solution for project management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are concerned about your projects outcomes then this is the right time to shift to WorkFront. it will help you to manage the strategic outcomes associated with your projects and it will keep you up to date about the current project situation thus you can better explain it to your team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now I have achieved distinction in my projects that positively affected my finance department too. WorkFront has reduce my mobility and provided me such a platform where I can have the detailed insight of the projects by sitting in the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RoR Developer
What do you like best?

Workfront is strongly used by the project development department of our organization, it is an excellent tool to keep an organized management of the projects, keep the data about the projects updated and its reports are quite readable and well structured. The Workfront interface is quite intuitive, it is multi-platform and its ability to set parameters on tasks and projects and reflect every change in real time is simply fantastic for keeping work teams up to date. On top of that, it has an excellent customer service team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being such a robust tool in terms of functionality there is a certain learning curve, which can make it more difficult and take a little longer for new users to adapt to handling the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a robust, versatile and efficient tool for managing projects of all kinds. The functions available in this tool improve workflows and the reports it generates are excellent. I definitely recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workfront has helped us to always keep up with our tasks, be aware of what has been done and what remains to be done. It has been a key factor in optimizing our workflow. Using this tool has solved many problems at the level of task management, project management and time management. All our work teams enjoy using this tool and are always aware of everything that needs to be done on a daily basis to keep productivity high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Automation Specialist
What do you like best?

Workfront is pretty good all around! It's quick, very intertwined within itself (everything is linked so you're never too far from where you need to be), and they're consistently offering new updates. The ticketing systems come in a variety of formats and styles that you can set up (although I was an admin for it so perhaps I am biased on how easy it is to get the functionality I wanted). You can also easily add people and create teams, which is definitely a growing requirement in expanding WFH category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be very tricky to manage the settings (coming from an admin). Workfront tends to bury a lot of things deep into their system so updating certain categories (eg: custom dropdown menus and fields) can be frustrating. The calendar views are great but, again, with so much on-screen at once, you can sometimes overlook important things (tickets) because they either get pushed aside or are showcased in different ways throughout Workfront. They would probably benefit from more prominent color-coding throughout their UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing work tickets is a lot better for my company now. Submit a ticket, verify where you are in said ticket, comments are maintained within the relative ticket, etc. It's a one-stop-shop that removes the burden of deleted/overlooked emails that we once relied heavily on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Specialist
What do you like best?

It has the capacity to centralize all the programs in our organization which enables us to work as a team. We fully satisfy our clients needs since we work in collaboration from each department. This platform has boosted our production and the growth of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I started using this tool I have not come across any obstacle that can delay the progress of any activity. It is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our company has been growing each and every day since we work as a team. I highly recommend this tool to any organization for teamwork and improved standards of tasks and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us to ensure there is smooth flow of all programs in our company and any activity is undertaken at the right time. We are able to work as a team and this has been of great importance in implementation of every task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Relations Consultant
What do you like best?

I like that all of my work is organized in one place - it's all listed so I can see it in one place. I also like that I can see the names of other team members across the organization who are involved in the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't receive the notifications from Workfront. So, it's difficult to see when I've received a follow-up message or documentation from a coworker that I need to move on in a project. That's caused a few stalls on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One thing our organization has done that complicates things is that we are using multiple platforms to communicate - Teams, email, Workfront, etc. If you're going to use this, pick one method of communication. Otherwise work tends to get lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to collaborate and communicate across departments on common projects. We're able to share documents among ourselves so there is only one latest, greatest copy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant
What do you like best?

With the help of Workfront, we stopped sending dozens of emails every day to inform our teammates about their tasks. We can quickly contact each other through Workfront which saves a lot of time. Workfront’s AI technology distributes tasks in a way to make sure the project runs efficiently. It is extremely customizable. Lets the management monitor the project in real-time which is great for transparency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it has lots of functions it also ends up being one of the most complex software that I have used. After years of using it, I still have difficulties with Gantt charts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely think it through if your enterprise actually needs this software. From my point of view, it is a must-have for big companies but can be counterproductive for small ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to instantly share information and get feedback about a task at hand which has greatly improved our collaboration. It also increases communication between employees and management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Intuitive and easy to navigate. Proof features are great, and comments/updates allow for easy communication about a project. Request forms are easy to customize and complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could have personal project management element - it would be great to have ways to manage my own projects and todo lists in the same platform/interface where I manage coordinating web, email, and creative requests with my department for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent for simple project management and online proofing for account managers, editors, proofreaders, designers, writers, web and email developers and more. Not the best or most comprehensive tool for personal work management for all members of a department when the work doesn’t directly contribute to a project in one of the above areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an account manager, once I’ve developed a strategy for/with a client, Workfront makes it easy to track all of the assets and pieces and all of the people who will be involved in realizing the project. Workfront especially makes it easy to go over creative projects with a group, from the time the copy is generated to the time a booklet gets proofed, revised, and printed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Store Manager
What do you like best?

The Workfront project management software has been very effective in ensuring projects are planned and completed on time. It has enabled us to focus on more productive discussions that has enabled our organization to achieve positive results on development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Workfront has been performing well since we deployed in our organization. I have not experienced any problem that can affect our daily tasks from its functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work management and our projects has been are managed effectively by this great tool. I have experienced great work from its performance and I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been helping us in managing projects and ensuring clients work is done as planned and on time. It keeps the performance of our organization in check and this has boosted the growth of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Manager
What do you like best?

I like the UI as well as the potential to personalize the project showing the company of mine the info I have to accomplish my work properly. The capacity to adjust fields of view as well as panels is fantastic. Producing the own forms of mine is simple and also provides me the chance to obtain all of the needed info about projects, inquiries, projects, problems, etc. and also the chance to upgrade them as my compny gets. The accounts are extremely useful and today we utilize tables and charts to easily recognize the components along with jobs which require attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning-curve that some become used to, but so long as you've someone in position or even in the learning process, this's the ideal transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest it to anybody looking for simple ordering procedures. This particular manner, everyone is going to be on the very same aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can discover when the marketing materials of ours have been examined and what expenses have been incurred. We've performed quarterly audits to facilitate handling of earlier documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

It enables us to create global marketing campaigns which enables us to reach many customers. We make great reports based on the progress of the programs in our organization with the help of this product. Management of projects is made effective and very successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I started using Workfront I have not been face by any challenge. When I face any drawback the support team is always ready to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great marketing and business management platform that can lead to quicker growth of any business and I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us in creating marketing campaigns that has enabled us to win more clients globally. It also helps us in management of projects and creation of reports based on the performance of our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brand Manager
What do you like best?

It has been our central work point where we have based all our operations. Our teams work together to ensure all the projects are completed on time and done appropriately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Workfront has been great since we deployed it in our organization to manage work. It has not failed in any way in enabling us to achieve our objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great product in managing work in any business enterprise. It can lead to faster growth of an organization if implemented well and I totally recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It enables our teams to work together from one central point. It has taken our organization to other level in terms of project management. Our plans and budgets for our organization are very effective with this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Associate
What do you like best?

I like that the projects might be set up as well as changed quickly. You are able to keep up to speed as well as change based on changes in your changes and system in the organisation of yours. I am also crazy about customised reporting and data. In each and every organisation I applied workfront, the single types and the capability to manage them to obtain data were invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If the device is correctly configured, I genuinely do not possess a tonne of complaints. Perhaps way too many features are available? You are able to wrap the mind of yours a lot, but it is irreplaceable if you've the time to understand it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Far more versatility and reporting capacity have been offered in the Workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the last 5 years I have been using Workfront with 3 different companies. To be able to reduce requests, building and approvals by 50 % in the campaign I've been in a position to use Workfront to fix the "everything by means of email" problem as well as to manage an incredibly big demand from internal, disparate and external teams in an organisation which is reluctant to change. The development and learning with Workfront as a business and as a method has been honest, helpful, and mixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.