Wonolo Reviews & Product Details

Wonolo Overview

What is Wonolo?

Wonolo provides a B2B marketplace that allows businesses to find vetted talent immediately, it removes the friction for companies to find talent for on-demand hourly or daily job needs, while creating freedom through flexibility for job seekers.

Wonolo Details

Location
Already have Wonolo?
Chief Mentor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I needed some temporary work with the possibility of earning a side income in the future. Wonolo delivered on this. They work with local companies and even offer referral payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the pretty straightforward interface. It's fairly simple to register and get started. Getting paid is pretty quick. Plus, I have received referral fees for helping others to join. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This app can be glitchy in spots with poor data networks. It drains battery time with frequent location services. Sometimes there can be a delay in payment because of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be sure to carefully review the terms of each job assignment. That way you can be more sure that it's something you're capable of completing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wonolo helps individuals looking for a side income or temporary work. For employers it connects them with a pool of workers they might not otherwise reach. I have done a couple of jobs with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leasing Consultant
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Wonolo does not pay people like they advertise. All the promotions are a joke because they are never paid out. You can never get ahold to customer service either! They need to be sued! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing about this company is good. False advertisement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they do not pay out to their employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do not work through them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their are no benefits to not getting paid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Entry Clerk
E-Learning
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They provided temporary work in event assistance, manual labor, warehouse, cleaning and the customer service fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They offer varied job types on varied days which I utilize by determining my availability and the effort I want to put in that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-They need more employers to post more jobs.

-Faster bug fixes.

-Customer service shouldn't be email-only which is answered in 24-48 hours AFTER you might really need them. Customer service is not proactive and only addresses something after you bring it up a few times, each time is another 1-2 days of waiting instead of speaking with someone to get a one-call resolution.

They claim that if you get a work-related injury you will not be penalized for cancelling a job due to the injury, but you are (how? it incurs a breach and once a breach is incurred all scheduled jobs are automatically cancelled and you are restricted from the app for 3 days, they will unrestrict you AFTER, but you still lose all the scheduled jobs you had which is what matters). They need to be able to triage the customer service request so the most important and serious issues get addressed first.

-Better documentation about badges, I had to email several times due to missing information on the platform of employers requiring badges to accept their jobs but no explanation on how to get the badge (for example: Dolls Kill jobs).

-They should also give you the option to make all jobs W2 for those who know they will be using the platform a lot and don't want the hassle of making estimated payments every quarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are unemployed and/or looking to supplement your income, Wonolo is a life-saver. I'm incredibly grateful to them for having this platform to give me options for work. Worth getting and using. It has its minus' but the plus's outweigh them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I used Wonolo when I was transitioning from a part time job to a full time job. Wonolo was my "in between" part time gig that helped to ease my anxiety of not having a full time position right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about a staffing service like Wonolo is that is one of the more relevant employment tool for this 21st century we live in. It caters to different people from different generations including the Millennials and GenXrs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with any other new startup company in its infancy years, Wonolo still needs to grow some particularly in the model structure it is based on. So Customer support could be better and also it could improve in its technical aspects and be more proactive with updates to the app to fix bugs and glitches Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I do recommend using Wonolo to hire both temporary and permanent help. Wonolo is one of those companies or organizations that fills the gap in employment and under employment in this country and really the world. I would like to see more companies like Wonolo get started and evolve through time as not only an alternative staffing solution, but possibly replace the traditional staffing companies we're all used to seeing out there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am a freelancer that needed a flexible way to earn extra income when business was slow. The onboarding process with Wonolo was fairly quick and I was able to start picking up jobs and earning money quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of being able to choose any job that's posted. Getting paid only takes a few days after job completion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not many jobs available in my area, so I don't pick up jobs as often as I would like. I only choose to commute if the money and the job being offered are worth my time, and usually by the time I figure in travel time, it's not worth driving outside my area for jobs. I hope more jobs are added around my area.

Also, the ratings system could use some work. After finishing a job, the job requestor (the company we worked for) assigns us a star rating based off of how well we did our work. It's similar to Uber, where if drivers fall under a certain star level, they are penalized. When the job requestor rates us, we can see the rating, but we are not allowed to see any feedback they gave Wonolo about us. This can make it impossible to know what we did wrong or improve for next time, and it also means that sometimes we are given unwarranted low ratings but have no way to prove it. If a close-to-5 star rating is not maintained, a Wonoloer will see less available jobs, so accurate ratings are very important to our livelihood. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Support can be slow in responding to requests. Work environment varies wildly depending on the requestor. If you are a Wonoloer, it's important that you are flexible, adaptable, and a quick learner. Requestors aren't always good at explaining what they need you to do, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal Trainer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They send you different jobs you have the ability to pick from work by pay and distance. You can choose between 1099 or W-2 yearly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you can pick and choose your work also you can choose the pay you feel appropriate fort yourself. Also you can choose your distance your comfortable going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much i disliked about the service. It would be nice for bonuses for loyal workers. And referral bonuses also would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Pick your jobs wisely, some jobs pay more for the same company so be patient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Wonolo has allowed me to sort of job search in an alternative way. I've spent years applying to jobs the normal way to no avail. I have a lot of work experience and a wide range of skills, but even with that I still have only ever gotten previous jobs because of knowing someone. Otherwise it is pretty much impossible to get a job. With wonolo, it gets right to the main point. It can show employers how an individual works within their environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best is being able to get paid for working a shift within a few days. Rather than having to wait as much as 3 weeks to get paid, I get paid based on each shift I work. With my current situation I cannot afford to wait so long to get paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much control a requestor has in the rating system. Sometimes they can unfairly give a low rating and can potentially be very devastating. 3 out of 5 stars will get your account suspended for 3 days and take away any and all future jobs you have accepted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Choose jobs carefully. Make sure you are confident in your ability to do what is listed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It provides staff for a variety of employers that temporary need workers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked best that the app allows you to choose you on schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how difficult it is to communicate with support through an email chat regarding any questions that I had.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Connect support for assistance to any issues or questions about a job or pay when you have at least a few hours to spare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Provided temporary employment opportunities via a Smartphone App Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Able to take shifts based on my own schedule, with no penalties for taking time off. Clear expectations of pay, without hidden deductions or fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customer service for platform users, with very slow response times concerning all matters. No recourse to escalate inquiries or alternate points of contact when replies are inadequate or nonexistant. Inconsistent policies regarding "preferred" workers and rating expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This is a good service if they have positions in your area and you need short-term work. I would not recommend them for long-term placements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Pharmacy Technician
Consumer Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I sincerely enjoy working with Wonolo. Pay is quick, and the job listings are complete. There's never any question on what I will be doing, because it's clearly stated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can choose to work whenever I have free time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't enough jobs listed for the weekends, and after 4pm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Specialist at City & County of San Francisco
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Customer service for a food delivery service in SV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being paid rapidly. Getting paid within 3 days is a definitely perk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their so-called support system. They fail to help those that keep them in business, regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The directions on the app on where to go and how to get in the building for the 1st day on a job I worked were not specific enough and I had to wait for an employee to see me. I was 30 minutes late. I apologized to the client and they said the app takes 3 days to fully update after they make a change. If this is true, this could cause a LOT of problems for both the client and employees. I'd like to see someone working to make updates faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to "try out" a job before applying or accepting an offer. It's also exciting to try new things and meet new people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough job offers in Colorado. Hope more employers try out the service so there will be more work for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality work being done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Wonolo helped me find jobs that worked with my busy schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can find jobs that work with my schedule, and that I can learn about some of the different industries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app is a little dated, there is not a large community, everything is a little confusing and you don’t know what to expect with certain jobs, and it takes a long time to be paidi lik Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OL
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pizza delivery job for a large catering order. The restaurant didn't want to lose a valuable employee to deliver a catering order 10 miles away. Wonolo was able to fill this request in minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you can see the job requirements before you accept a job and the job pay up front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the jobs available are all general labor type jobs. I would be more interested in office jobs, data-entry, accounting etc but these are not whats available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The quality of labor won't be great, so its best used in emergency situations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked in a warehouse my first 5 jobs. My last jobs was a Haunted Hayride. I worked as a parking lot attendant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I like to pick my own jobs. It let's me fit it in my schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That some jobs you have to accept all jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer Internship
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a small company with many applicants, we need efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Efficient. Keeps track of all applicants with serious question organization and structured manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to learn at first. Don't know where to find certain things about applicants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We utilize this app with our clients looking to see employment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform and user interface is easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Constant push notifications on client acconts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Distributor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We have many call outs and no call no shows. The turnover rate at my restaurant varies by season. Wonolo never fails to keep us staffed at the last minute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The onboarding and drug testing is already offered by the company before we hire the workers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some workers don't come as advertised and it can get a little tricky when it comes to rating them at the end of the task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you need on demand staff, or even want to give independent contracting a shot, Wonolo is highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

General Warehouse responsibilites / tasks (i.e. - loading / unloading, kitting, applying shipping lablels, building and moving built pallets, using a pallet jack to move / relocate pallets etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Optimal work environment and culture. Challenging in that one has to remain adaptable to learn new things and add to his / her skillset.

Incredible ownership and management team. As well, you get to meet interesting people almost every day of this type of job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It has been an incredible experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Easy app to navigate however..., jobs are posted continuously so you need to be watchful on a consistent basis otherwise, an attractive job you may like might be taken rather quickly.

Perform your tasks at a consistently high level. This will get employers you are working with to notice you and you may get put on their "preferred employee" list. This means possibly having jobs released only to you prior to jobs being released into the overall pool of workers. Trust me, it is a good deal.

In essence, be positive, easy to work with and demonstrate a high degree of quality and you should be fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.