Winning by Design Reviews & Product Details

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Winning by Design has been working with our team to implement high impact coaching and effective role play/team meeting strategies to boost productivity and growth within our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Miya was an incredibly engaging facilitator. She knew how to activate the group and foster extremely thoughtful conversation. The modules were a mix of short videos and 2-3 page reading materials that made digesting information easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our training was very specific to us as a manager group, but I would've liked to have some time dedicated to learning the same selling tools/tactics our reps would be trained on. It made our training as leaders feel somewhat incomplete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to conduct high impact coaching, establishing cadences for role plans and learning sessions that HELP our ICs to succeed. From an IC perspective, training on discovery calls and effectively selling a product suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Winning by Design Overview

What is Winning by Design?

We help our clients design, build, and scale their revenue organizations, with specific focus on enabling teams to succeed with Remote Selling. Our roots come from advising and collaborating with high-growth startups and mid-market SaaS companies, and we now apply those best practices to Enterprise companies looking to achieve Sustainable Growth. Trusted by 500+ organizations around the world, we provide our clients with a foundation of scientific frameworks and repeatable process, infused into their Sales and broader Go-To-Market teams.

Winning by Design Details
German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Winning by Design follows a customer centric process to help clients design, build, and scale their sales teams.

We're known for our foundation of scientific frameworks and interactive training, applied to successful remote selling. We focus on the frameworks that you should use to guide the sales process, and the key moments that matter in order to increase conversion rates between each stage in the process.

Winning by Design
2012
Menlo Park, CA

Winning by Design Videos

Winning by Design Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Winning by Design community
Have you used Winning by Design before?

Winning by Design Reviews

Showing 399 Winning by Design reviews
Location
Already have Winning by Design?
Inside Sales Lead
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Organisation I am employee by, worked closely with Winning by Design as a consult for our sales methodology and processes globally. Goals of the sessions was to learn new technicals, tactics and strategy when prospecting SaaS buyers on how to support their scope of work/requirements and how this could impact their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Antoine Mandy was patient in providing great insight and details to our training. His advice will support my career growth and development. SPICED is a new method, and offers a new perspective in providing an exceptional service. Thanks for you professionalism and enthusiasm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Need some additional thought around the granularity and complexity of roles for differing SaaS businesses; however I appreciate this is difficult to hit every role and point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing greater empathy to potential customers and ensure we understand their unique situations through SSP. Benefit would be meeting frame work to ensure we hit end goal for potential customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We engaged with WBD to up-level our software demos. WBD properly diagnosed our issues and built a thoughtful and customized curriculum to help us with discovery, meeting prep, story telling, and ultimately demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've been through countless half day trainings where you take away a tidbit or two. WBD is a more comprehensive program. In addition to interactive, classroom content, WBD includes practical sessions to review recorded calls, role plays, and the practical application of what they taught in the classroom. This process reinforced the training making it stick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall, it's a solid course. It would have been helpful for me and the trainer to properly set expectations on what was required in between sessions so we could be better prepared to review calls and role plays. My team did not provide a lot of content for the practical sessions. WBD still conducted great sessions without it. Feel we missed an opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're looking to improve our efficiency and close rates of our sales process. We saw that improving our demos was an area of opportunity. We would talk to our prospects for an hour straight and be surprised that we did not win the business. WBD helped us to prepare for theses demos, plan a compelling story arc for our demos, and to properly validate that our demos are resonating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Maxence nous a accompagné en quelques séances sur la partie Sales/Prospecting, avec une partie théorique et la mise en pratique via des exercices, des jeux de rôle. L'objectif principal était de confronter notre organisation à des nouvelles méthodologies pour nous améliorer, et utiliser des nouvelles approches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Maxence a une énergie débordante et communicative ! Il a une expertise très large et il est passionné par ce qu'il fait. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nous avons essayé plusieurs outils/processus, certain efficace et d'autres un peu moins ! Il y a encore des améliorations à faire pour que ce soit encore plus fluide. Il y a beaucoup de contenu à partager, donc il faut que l'organisation soit parfaite pour une fluidité optimale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Une nouvelle approche très enrichissante, qu'il faut laisser entrer dans son organisation pour en cueillir tous les fruits ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notre volonté était de passer à un niveau supérieur côté Sales/Prospecting. Maxence nous a apporté des méthodologies nouvelles, qui nous ont surtout dans un premier temps permis de réfléchir à notre organisation, notre stratégie et notre méthode.

Une fois la prise de conscience sur la table, nous avons pu nous exercer grâces à des jeux de rôles, afin de mettre en pratique la théorie dans le but de se l'approprier au maximum.

Plein de réflexion sont maintenant en cours pour optimiser nos processus et prendre en compte ce que nous avons appris ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our organization had a home grown sales team that could benefit from training and consistent practice of key elements of call effectiveness. This team had never had formal sales training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This series addressed running an initial call, discovery, demo and proposal. I was very skeptical stepping into this training as I had not joined the organization when the selection had taken place. My first reaction was "These are very elemental concepts", yet it is those very elemental concepts that trip up tenured reps. The way this organization deploys materials in a self-study, blueprint and a series of live, interactive sessions is highly effective. I would recommend this for those entering sales (to learn good habits to start) and junior to moderately experienced sales professionals. If you are losing deals on price value and/or find your team is transactional, the new hire sales training from Winning by Design is likely where you need to start. Antoine Mandy did a terrific job covering all material, engaging the group and always ending on time. At the open of every meeting, he modeled the ACE approach and really make it stick. Thanks for a job well done, Antoine! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We condensed our program across 4 sessions in 2 weeks. I recommend a session a week - pace it correctly to complete the homework, practice and sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am new to this organization yet, from the calls I have shadowed, the elements and concepts of how to run a meeting effectively will produce a better client buying experience and yield a higher close rate with shorter sales cycles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engagement Manager
EC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The team at Winning By Design helped us to create tailored playbooks for our AE, CSM and SDR teams as we prepared to scale our sales team in 2021. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's an empirical approach to sales that focuses on understanding, monitoring and tweaking conversion rates across your sales funnel to deliver outsized improvements to revenue. Unlike some of the more traditional sales methodologies out there, their methodology takes customer upsells and expansion into account and it's not a team of a few people who are sub-licensing a methodology, you get the full resources of a company (including a Rev Ops team). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's certainly not the cheapest methodology out there, but you get what you pay for. I'm incredibly happy with the results overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to: 1) Improve deal qualification, 2) Streamline new hire onboarding and internal sales processes, 3) Build fundamental sales skills, and 4) Align Sales and Marketing on GTM strategy. WBD accomplished all 4 objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Territory Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was part of the Customer Success/Account Manager training with my peers within our org and Alia was our Customer Success Coach. Throughout the 5 weeks, I enjoyed how each week was designed to allow us to learn about specific topics/concepts a few days prior to the actual in-session training, where we would then go more in-depth with the focus of the week as a team and have breakouts to practice what we're learning that helped foster collaboration with one another. There would be post-work after each session that put everything together and really helped me better grasp each of the topics/concepts.

I cannot recommend Winning by Design enough because it really helped open my eyes to what I may be doing well in my role today, but more importantly where my areas of improvement are. Even the little things make the biggest difference and I was able to capture that information through this course. I just wish I would have had access to this sooner to start implementing these strategies sooner and reap the benefits in my customer conversations.

Alia is simply amazing in how she helped gave everyone a voice in our sessions to share their thoughts and views, while also maintaining a fun environment for us all to learn in. Another thing that stuck out was how she also challenged us to dig deeper in those same thoughts and views to unlock more than we realized and expand our minds. It was a great learning from her every week! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The structure of the course with the pre-work, session, and post-work. The collaborative nature of each session that made me enjoy what we discussed every week and how in-depth the material went that resonated with my role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside would be the 2 hours each week dedicated to the actual session. I would like to see that split over two days (1 hour each) to balance it better with one's workload during the day/week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating the journey for the customer with each conversation starting with a goal and leading to a positive end result. Being able to dig deeper in customer conversations to help us and the customer understand where the challenge or pain really is coming from and its impact in the long run. Strong storytelling that resonates with customers and making them the hero instead of us and instead being a sidekick to help them become successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Marketing consulting engagement to scale lead generation including focus on PPC, go-to-market (messaging, metrics), website optimization, channel attribution, planning models, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rus and Kayla were phenomenal partners throughout our consulting experience. They really learned the ins and outs of our business, team and market to give sound advice. They were flexible in their involvement as well - willing and ready to get hands on but always wanting to enable our team to take the frameworks they provided and run with it. Communication was always open and honest. As a marketing leader, I felt like they truly cared about my team succeeding not only during our engagement but in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to list a dislike because we had such a great experience. If I had to give one idea for improvement, it might be structuring out the scope of work within the consulting time frame a little more (i.e. what weeks will we work on x). It was nice to have the flexibility to work on multiple things at once, and we covered everything in our SOW, but setting more of a schedule might've been helpful to ensure we had enough time for everything. And I'm sure they would've welcomed that, we just didn't officially structure it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I'd recommend Winning By Design's Demand Gen team to any other SaaS marketing leader. My advice would be that they have such a wealth of knowledge around B2B SaaS lead gen (aka there are so many things you can work on), so be sure to define the areas that will make the MOST impact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our main focus with Winning by Design was scaling our inbound lead gen efforts. We've seen gains in our return from PPC, improvements in technical website performance, increased on-site conversion rate (from implementing a solid CRO initiative and improving messaging). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Account Management
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We're ramping up new Account Managers at the firm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The learning is interactive and entertaining. Antoine delivered the content in a way that keeps everyone engaged. The process of doing pre-work which is reinforced by the courses was also impactful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Role playing at times can be difficult when doing so with someone outside of your industry - would have preferred to be in a cohort of my colleagues just because it would have been more impactful learning from others that are pitching similar content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time efficiency, conversion rates, organizing professional meetings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was part of the Prospecting Training for SDRs with one of my peers and many other SDRs outside of my company. Being less than 6 months into my role, this course was helpful to have a foundation and best approaches to handle prospecting, crafting effective emails/voicemails, overcoming objections & rejections, time management, and effective communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our coach, Victor, was amazing. He showed up prepared, engaged, energetic, and shared his own personal insights that were helpful. I really enjoyed the pre-work (videos, how to guides, quizzes, etc.) to the live session because that helped me absorb and actively practice what I learned in class. This also allowed for live feedback from our coach and class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to pinpoint something I disliked. Overall, I think it was mapped out well over 4 weeks. One suggestion might be adding an additional session to practice more in individual groups so we can have more live feedback across the sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The discovery call is a huge one by structuring it in the beginning (ACE method, agenda, etc) and closing at the end so that the customers really understand what will happen next as well as asking them open-ended questions (ex: What else?) to show we are listening and want to help them succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Account Management
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

WBD provided Sales Training for our organization. They addressed several aspects of the sales prices from Camera and tools optimization, to tone, prosody to demo to closing the deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The layout of the course and level of engagement was very interactive and very beneficial as a salesman. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any dislikes. The flow and time required was beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized many of the aspects of sales that we forget are highly import. I have also learned some great tools for making everyone feel like they win during the negotiation without giving up money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

No matter where you are in your sales career, this program is one that everyone should take. There are so many areas we could all improve in our role. Winning by Design helped with understanding everything that's involved when it comes to first engaging with a new client or prospect to the very last step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best part for me was the interaction of the trainer and my coworkers. Kept us engaged, and constantly learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Given we are in the zoom world at the moment, the one part I was not a fan of was sitting on a zoom meet for 2 hours out of my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Winning by Design is helping me become more defined and understand the importance of every step in my role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder and CEO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Julie and Rus at Winning by Design helped us better define our sales process and methodology as part of an expansion to our sales team. Within two quarters of working with them we had turned in our best quarter ever (and are on track to double that this quarter). Much of their terminology and process has become second nature to us and our teams and we credit their partnership with helping us accelerate our growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Winning by Design methodology is highly structured and well documented, and as such we were able to augment the direct work we received from Julie and Rus with their books and videos, all of which we were also able to share with our broader team to help accelerate their ramp up on the various frameworks that WbD provides (we supplied their sales process books to our whole sales team). The WbD team are also really champions for the businesses they support and they truly care about the success of the teams they work with.

Most importantly they're not afraid to challenge deeply held patterns and beliefs and break us out of ruts that may be inhibiting where we want to take the business. As any leader knows, a team that is willing to tell you where you're wrong and how to improve is a valuable thing, and WbD doesn't shirk from that part of the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The WbD process is very much oriented towards pure self-service SaaS businesses and less so towards more complex direct sales enterprise deals. We found that their process was relatively easily adaptable to the needs of our business, but lacked any tried and true methodologies for these less standardized areas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To any early stage startup looking to move away from a more ad-hoc, founder led sales team to something more structured, scaleable and repeatable I would highly recommend Winning by Design. We have more than doubled our sales since working with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Nous avons contacté Winning by Design dans l'optique de structurer notre démarche de prospection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

L'animation de la session a clairement beaucoup fait ! Maxence nous a emmené dans son univers. L'alternance de théorie et de pratiques a été particulièrement appréciée. Maxence a été très disponible pour nous permettre d'évoluer et réorienter le contenu en conséquence. Il a également partagé énormément de supports, contenus, liens, ce qui nous permet de conserver des ressources de référence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pour permettre d'être efficace aux sessions suivantes, le training demande du travail personnel il a fallu s'organiser dans un quotidien très chargé. La formation est dense mais tellement riche ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A l'issue de la formation, nous avons travaillé notre organisation commerciale. Nous avons mis en place dès à présent des indicateurs de référence et de nouveaux outils. Nous lançons notre plan d'action commercial 2021 avec tout le bagage délivré par Maxence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our customer success and account management teams enrolled in the Customer Success Course by Winning by Design to learn best practices and processes to improve our customer experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our coach, Alia, was an absolute gem - she really tailored the conversations and learnings to fit our team's needs. She was positive, energetic, encouraging and ready to field any questions we had. The content of the course really helped our team to evaluate not only individually how we can make our client calls more impactful, but also how we can improve company processes surrounding sales handoffs, business reviews, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found the course and coach very helpful, if anything it could be helpful to have shorter, more frequent sessions instead of longer sessions with a full week in between. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving our sales handoff process using the SPICED outline, making our business reviews more customer focused and less focused on our own company updates/features, making our clients see the impact of our product by establishing clear goals for calls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sales rep and manager to coach training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Learning about the most effective / modern ways of selling in todays remote environment. Tips on how to trade/negotiate with customers. Very interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a lot of material to cover in 4 weeks so you just need to make sure the sales team budgets time in their calendars for the session and pre-reading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scaling the sales team. Closing at higher rates. Identifying client pain points and the impact of our solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I help run a startup accelerator program for Visa Brazil in Sao Paulo and Lindsey was kind enough to deliver an amazing sales workshop. All of the startups rated it 4 out of 4 and commented that it was one of their favorite workshops during the program. They especially liked Lindsey's energy and how she made it very interactive throughout as we discussed tone and effective listening as well as asking the right questions. Remote sessions can be challenging but she found a way to keep everyone engaged throughout and made sure to drive home key points and learnings toward the end of our time together. Highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great energy and they liked the pre-work as well as the media shared to switch it up a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We could have spent maybe a bit more time in the breakout rooms practicing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Winning by Design helps with training sales teams on how to understand the needs of customers and deliver solutions in a compelling way that drives better conversion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

During our four week course with Winning by Design I found the content engaging, the frameworks easy to use yet thought provoking and our trainer (Antione) personal, knowledgeable and brilliant to work with.

After many years in sales you can think you know it all - Winning by Design has made it clear you don’t and sets you up for success in a modern, outcome driven and rewarding way.

These are skills you learn not just for now but for the remainder of my sales career and within days of completing (and passing) the course I’ve seen immediate results. Keep up the great work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The frameworks are customer centric and focuses on things that matter to the buyer and drives the deal forward... and of course the brilliant interaction with the trainers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While the framework is great is not full proof in the real world however it’s there to put you back on track and a big help to succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I’d highly recommend this course for all levels in sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Driving impact with customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hired Winning by Design to train a new sales team on how to conduct effective sales cycles while providing new skills to tenured sales executives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The WbD team did a complete evaluation of all elements of the business that would impact sales success - from org alignment to compensation to marketing messaging and beyond. Then, they created a success plan to ensure that our company had real results. WbD understands that a selling methodology won't succeed if the inputs (org, comp, messaging, etc...) are aligned as well. Plus the instruction was excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish we had more time for the training sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have given the sales team a process to ensure that their sales calls are extremely effective...and in the end, we win more sales. In addition, we have focused our messaging around the impact we have as a company and what our customers gain by working with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Converting more cold and scheduled outreach into SQLS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great blend of live and module based learning led by incredible staff like Antoine. I feel much more confident on my calls with this framework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The wording of some of the module questions was very poor. You had numerous sections where what you asked in a checkpoint or quiz did not match the vocab words used in the text or videos. Sometimes it was not even covered at all! Silly mistake to make, you have a great product don't overlook little details like that it was very frustrating for me personally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

ASK FOR ANTOINE! This was done remarkably well for a virtual training. I cannot speak to other options on the market, but I would highly recommend this for other SDRs. Antoine was excellent and I learned a lot form him that I was able implement each week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting more conversation on my calls which leads to better details for my AEs. Better crafted emails and voicemails as well, as more people are responding. MUCH more confidence going into calls because I have the frameworks and structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Victor Adefuye for 8 weeks on improving our enterprise sales process from initial outreach through proposal writing and deal closure. He has deep experience closing enterprise deals and is a wealth of knowledge in this space. The lessons were sequential and built on each other to provide a comprehensive sales coaching experience. He is a dynamic teacher and our organization has benefited greatly from working with him. Would highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

He is approachable and willing to work with you outside class on your specific pending deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Send a consolidated file with all the documents at the end of course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are aiming to close more enterprise contracts. We have changed our outreach method, discovery calls, and proposal writing based on what we've learned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.