Widen Collective

Widen Collective

Drive content operations from an award-winning digital asset management and brand management platform.

Request your personalized demo of the Widen Collective® today!

Work for Widen Collective?

Learning about Widen?

Widen Collective Reviews

Ask Widen a Question
John G.

"This Consultant LOVES Widen"

What do you like best?

The interface is highly intuitive both for users and for admins. For a new user, registering, doing the first search and making a download is second nature. I've never had to train anyone in the basics of the program.

As an admin, updating the metadata and permissions structures is easy and works as expected. Controlling user access is, generally, very fine grained. Creating and sharing collections is easy. And they have API resources that allow the DAM to interface easily with CMSs.

Widen's staff is super responsive to questions, trouble alerts, and ideas.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a little more control of some of the sharing features, such as social media. A select few users need access to social media sharing, but the functionality isn't fine grained enough to allow that.

Creating workflows can be challenging, but that's more about managing staff and getting buy-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of their sandbox and put the system -- as well as their support staff -- through the paces. I have found that responsiveness during the sales experience informs the company's values. Are they answering your questions? Or are they trying to sell you the product? You'll find Widen's sales team is pretty straight forward, and if they don't have an answer to your question, they'll get it for you. You won't get "yes" answers so that they can get you in the door.

The chief problem is the time it takes to find assets. Across all the companies I have helped, setting up the structure to make search easy has been the number one concern. Getting images and other assets off of hard drives and into a centralized database is a huge return on investment.

Other issues: Rights management, version control, quick and effective dissemination of new assets (like logo updates), and tracking who and how assets are used.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Widen Collective
Showing 274 Widen reviews
Hazel T.

"I get my marketing materials shared by our manufacturer from Widen Collective."

What do you like best?

I use Widen Collective for my job. I always access Widen Collective to mostly check out new uploads and download marketing materials. It is very convenient for me to use widen as the materials / files I need are easily accessed and downloaded to my PC.

In addition, I have different options in saving the files I need. And I can also preview them before downloading. Also, I am reminded if the files I downloaded are about to expire.

The searching of certain files are very easy and convenient. Another great feature about Widen that I really like is that icon that shows me if there are new uploads. The icon is immediately seen from the dashboard and I can easily access, view and download them. As a user of Widen Collective for almost 4 yeas, this software is great.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about widen. Widen is user friendly, convenient and most of all accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not have anything in mind as of this moment, Let's just say I am really happy and contented with what I using right now.

I am always updated on the new materials uploaded by our manufacturer. The materials uploaded to the widen is very useful to me as a Marketing Executive. A variety of materials is available to use or download and in addition, I have different options in saving the particular file I need.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Widen Collective
Y. S.

"I guess this is how we do things now"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about our DAM is its stability. I can usually rely on it. I guess most of the time, I don't mind using it and is definitely future proof, although that's not necessarily the most important aspect when looking for such a service. DAM tech support is usually helpful, although a direct connection with developers would also be nice. The forms can be easily managed so that's another plus. I also like how versioning is done where I can upload a file over another and then can manage the new one accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Well, this idea of no folder structure and metadata jockeying is not my cup of tea but I can understand why some people might like it. Also, no night mode. The white interface gets super annoying after a while. Also, how about those alternating conversion speeds? Sometimes, I upload something and it's available within a minute to others, other times, it's still low-res / pixelated even after an hour of waiting, irrespective of file size. Some necessary features are also missing but those might be more client specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for this kind of a service, then Widen does a good job so go with it. If you can't live without the folder structure, then choose something else. It's that simple.

We store our photo and video assets on our DAM.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Barbara M.

"Widen Collective - A 5 Star Product with Amazing Service, Support, and People!"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service is amazing, they continue to provide full support even after the on-boarding process, and improvements are made to the system based on the customer’s feedback. Besides for Widen being accountable to our needs, the DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

What's there to dislike? I have never had a bad experience to report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A DAM system is not an out of the box program that is easily installed. It takes a lot of time and effort to set up, but the results are well worth it.

We had duplicate files everywhere. Our employees were not aware of what assets were current or expired so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing.

By purchasing a Widen’s DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies.

In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process.

Janeene N.

"Widen administrator"

What do you like best?

The Widen software is great, but what I really appreciated the most is the amazing customer support and initial on-boarding. Widen never leaves you hanging. They are there at anytime to answer questions and help. The personal side of Widen is top notch!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, but when you first jump into Widen, it can seem a bit daunting. HOWEVER... once you start working with your personal on-boarding coach, you start to realize that you WILL be successful.

The amount of data we can see instantly and the insights is an amazing tool that was not something I originally was even concerned about. Being able to share our data has been such a great tool to help me convey to the "higher ups" that we are doing a ton of work.

Levi D.

"Great usage for our global partners"

What do you like best?

The upload process is very easy. Drag/Drop makes things quick. Also, able to search (as long as others utilize the metadata).

What do you dislike?

You can not search for portals. We utilize those alot. Its also not easy to find what collections images are in or able to send a short url for them. You have to "edit" before you can find a url. Most people copy/paste, what they think is a link to the collection but it ends up being ....../contents. then nothing comes up.

I think the tool should force metadata input for ease of search capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a DAM tool that can require your employees to easily find any assets (given the users supply metadata), this is the tool for you.

Its a centralized location for all things global.

Melinda T.

"Complex Archive Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective presents tens of thousands of varied magazine assets in an organized way that makes it easy for me to find what I'm looking for, whether it's by reading level, topic, magazine, or some combination of many filters. It enables me to organize my own results and send them to others. Finally, it consolidates my request for files in a format that the team can use.

What do you dislike?

The Share button doesn't keep the data with the file, so it's not usable. On my computer, I have to pull down two scroll bars to see all the filters when it would be easier to just use one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widen Collective has the ability to provide excellent UI.

I am licensing magazine content to reuse in products internationally. Widen Collective makes it efficient to search and license materials.

Brittany H.

"Stellar product with a rock star Support Team!"

What do you like best?

Does Widen offer a thoroughly wonderful Digital Asset Management tool? Absolutely! But they also have the most A-MAZ-ING support and customer service I have ever experienced in my career. A+++++++

What do you dislike?

Widen offers everything anyone seeking Digital Asset Management could hope for. There is nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Customer Support Team! They are here to help with everything!

Roughly six months ago, I accepted my new role as the Widen Collective Manager at an highly acclaimed local university. Loving a good puzzle, three solid months were spent JUST analyzing the Collective in its state and learning as much as I could about Widen. I watched all of the Widen University Videos and leaned on the Chat Team to gain insight on how to best take control of our database, and what (if any) improvements needed to be made. The Support Team is SOOOO over the moon amazing, they made me feel like my questions and concerns were valid no matter how silly I felt.

After this investigative work, I flew to Widen HQ in Madison, Wisconsin to present/validate all of my findings, hypotheses, and ask suggestions for improvement with Lexy 1:1. WHAT A BLAST! We got down into the nitty gritty together, had hypnotizing cinnamon rolls and lattes (she had tea) together, and I learned SO much about how to give our DAM the attention it deserved.

Upon my return home (along with some fun Powerpoint presentations), I brought my team up to speed with with my findings and am thrilled to say that all of the suggestions (thanks to Lexy's mastery and wisdom!) have been approved; and we are smoooooooth sailing now! Yeah buddy!

"Fantastic service and support"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. As the Admin, I find that establishing users, groups, categories, and the like, are extremely easy to use and organize. I feel that this has allowed me to create a much more robust and easy-to-use system for all of my co-workers with minimal stress.

What do you dislike?

There are a few search functionalities that I would love to see utilized, unfortunately, there appear to be certain hard-coded limitations in the DAM software that prevents me from doing that. There are also a few little tweaks and preferences that I have asked about that I was told would not be on the roadmap, as other higher-level priorities take precedent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy to use, easy to integrate, and easy to maintain DAM solution, I cannot recommend Widen enough. They have top-notch and rapid customer service. They have a fantastic DAM solution, and they are almost always able to find a solution to a problem that you might have with your DAM.

Being able to house all of our assets in a single place has been beyond useful. I now have people that I haven't met or interacted with, at all, asking me how to find things on the DAM. It has also become a corporate initiative to have all of our assets in a single place, and my time using Widen has been noticed and touted as a way to achieve that goal.

Henry G.

"Simplified Assets: Simplified Workflow"

What do you like best?

Bringing all our digital assets under one organized and searchable roof makes things easier for both my project requesters and designers to complete projects and communicate effectively. It's easy to see all the relevant results on one page, especially if you spend time to create relevant collections. Being able to quickly and easily share assets both inside and outside our organization has improved our workflow and increased efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I like to use tabs when I'm browsing images, so not being able to easily open new tabs for each image while browsing does slow me down. I have other dislikes, but most of them are a product of how we use the system, rather than the software driving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you're ready to do the work required to bring your assets into the digital age. Metadata and organization is key, and you'll likely be disappointed if you think you can dump all your assets into Widen and get a functional DAM that way. Spend the time to understand your assets before you place then in Widen and you'll have a much better system in the end with less hassle.

We used to use a private server to host our collateral and assets. Much of our time was spent finding images or backups of public-facing collateral. Without the tools to do it themselves, people relied on us to do part of their own jobs. With Widen we have better asset management for designers and better asset visibility for everyone else.

Dara V.

"Widen Review from a Designer"

What do you like best?

The accessibility to download content to use for projects is great. The ability to route every project electronically instead of printing it out and waiting for physical markups is also extremely efficient. The team that needs to review and approve my projects are spread between three different buildings and two different states and they can all see, request changes, and/or approve simultaneously!

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of having to TAG a person's name when I am responding to their specific comment. I also wish there was a notification center when I logged in that told me if I had new "mentions", new comments, changes requested or new projects assigned to me. Email notifications get lost in the mass emails I receive everyday and it's both tedious and time consuming to go through and check every single project for comments or "changes requested".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unblock the workflow notification emails because that's the only way you'll now you were mentioned on a project!

We have been able to share and receive a lot more content from our photo ambassadors through Widen's data bade, which is awesome. I have also had success with getting a lot of projects approved. I do wish there was just more notifications about what projects I need to respond to comments on or make changes on- because it is so easy to upload work and projects to Widen, now I have a lot more to keep track of!

"Content Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like the hands-on support that the Widen team provides, from technical problem-solving to strategy development support.

I like that this isn't a one-track digital asset management system - everything in the Collective can be worked different ways, connections between assets are easy to see, and there potential to do something a new way is supported by the interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was more opportunity for collaboration and engagement with external users - those who don't hold full user seats, but who play an important role in engaging with our assets. Collaborative portals, more dynamic collections pages, ways to solicit comments and feedback without having to create a visual using a program outside of Widen Collective. I also wish there was more engagement with assets already in the database, particularly in terms of related assets. We would love to have the ability to identify related assets, or have AI technology pair assets up based on different parameters!

We are refining our asset creation process and developing a strategy to fully capture the final stages of an asset that starts in Widen. We have seen a huge shift in the quality of our company's creative offering, largely due to the nimble abilities of our Collective to support our changing processes.

"Efficient, but needs some tweaks."

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to make collections of photos. For my job, there are always a lot of requests for photos from different departments in my company. Making collections is an easy way to keep everything organized, especially when I am working on multiple requests at the same time for different colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when you click on certain things that take you to a new window, when you press the back button, it takes you to the very beginning of your scrolling (or to a different part of the search all-together), and I lose my spot in my search after scrolling through hundreds of photos or documents looking for what I need. It causes extra time out of my busy schedule to have to go back and look for where I left off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for organizing photos or any other material that needs to be collected in one place. Be careful when you are a few pages into your search and are scrolling through allot of material to find what you need - when you click on something you will most likely lose your spot in your scrolling.

My company uses Widen Collective to store photos, stock materials, collateral, videos, and more. I think one of the greatest benefits is being able to upload new versions of documents after they have been updated, which happens quite often for us. When stock material or collateral is outdated, we go in and update them and then upload them under the previous file, which is awesome because we then don't have to go back and expire the old version. This avoids potential confusion about which versions to use, etc.

Mariela A.

"Amazing Software and Amazing Custumer Care"

What do you like best?

The software is very flexible and adapts to the companie's needs. We have found creative ways of using the software to solve companies issues and have always have the support of Widen's team.

What do you dislike?

We are satisfied with the product. No dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time exploring the capabilities of the program beyond Widen's Training. You know your business better than any one else and just you can find the creative ways in which Widen can really solve your problems.

Widen is hosting our website images, it allows us to share assets with our distributors in a short time, allowing consistency and customer satisfaction. We are using the portals to share curated assets for temporary purposes.

"Widen has been the perfect solution for our digital asset needs."

What do you like best?

Both our internal and external clients find it easy to locate, view and download assets needed. The portals have been one of our favorite features.

What do you dislike?

The cost is on the high end, especially for a small company like ours, but we can justify the cost with the time it saves us.

Granting access to media, publishers and agencies have never been easier. We require all users to read and agree to an end user license agreement and are able to track both the user and how the assets are being used. Our previous DAM required a lot of back and forth to share assets and we weren't sure they were always used as intended. Additionally, we allow our contributors to upload assets to an incoming asset category where they are held for review and release by our team, saving us time by not having to download assets from the provider and upload to the system.

"Great Customer Service and Platform "

What do you like best?

Asides from the stellar product - Widen Collective's customer service is outstanding. They are so efficient with help requests, emails, and questions. From our on-boarding process to today, their service has been amazing. The platform has made our lives so much easier. Our assets are now organized and easily accessible across all the teams that utilizes the DAM. Teams are working more efficiently and producing higher quality products now that they have access to all of our assets. We love Widen and our DAM.

What do you dislike?

There are some features we wish for - facial recognition tagging, ocr tagging, and a way to organize the filters a little better.

With multiple teams, office locations, and multiple servers - Widen has helped us consolidate all of our assets into one system that is accessible to all. It has helped teams become more efficient and has made everyone's job that much easier.

It has helped organized our files/assets - having version controls, tags, and descriptions our users are now able to find the latest files to reference.

Portals - these have been our favorite feature. We use them for everything from brand portals, client portals, team portals and even when working with external vendors. We can gather all of our assets into a portal and provide an organized system for review, sharing, or even ordering.

Jennifer O.

"Asset Management"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and navigate. I like being able to customize my dashboard. The category feature is very helpful for breaking up types of content that you could find.The bread crumb feature is also very helpful. The design is very intuitive. The selection to download feature is my favorite because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. Sometimes it is a little slow to load, but we have a lot of files so it is expected. I appreciate the live chat but I wish there was an FAQ so that I would not have to go through and describe my issue to a third party.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have someone managing where items go or it could get confusing.

We store assets that we are refining or do not want loading into our content management system for the web. It is also used for cross functional teams to share files.

Randa C.

"Widen makes digital asset management easy"

What do you like best?

Widen makes it easy not only to organize, but also to use and share assets. We appreciate being able to build portals to share resources.. Excellent customer service as well!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more layout options in the basic portal feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Excellent company to work with!

We value having easy access to the most up-to-date versions of our assets. Making it easy for employees to find and use what they need means they can be more effective in their jobs. Because we can share assets through portals, we can deliver resources to anyone who needs them without them needing to have a Widen login.

"Widen Collective Active User"

What do you like best?

Widen is where all branches of my company hosts all of our photos and video files that we use internally and our customers take advantage of using it too.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I only know 50% of what Widen offers and I need to take time to know how to access everything and then integrate that into our office on a daily basis. I am learning over time what it has to offer, especially the use of portals recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widen has so many functions - it's not just a storage center for assets. Use all that it has to offer!

This is a place where we can host and store all of our assets for each branch of my company. Perfect for easy access, downloading, referencing, etc. The benefits are so great, we continue to use Widen.

Alyssa R.

"An excellent tool with outstanding support."

What do you like best?

Responsiveness and in-depth knowledge of Widen's Customer Service. We've all seen the proliferation of Marketing Technology in the last few years, and while there are many tools that operate in the same space as Widen, the level of service and nimbleness is really what sets Widen apart.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something it might be just staying up-to-date with Widen's roadmap with updates or new feature releases - and understanding how that potentially could apply to our instance - can be a little difficult.

Efficiency/speed with which we can deliver assets to our customers.

Consistency with branding.

Replaced our old DAM system.

Sean H.

"Digital Asset Manager "

What do you like best?

This product meets all your DAM needs above and beyond. The customer service is by far the best. The user experience is important to this company regardless if you are a little or big fish.

What do you dislike?

I really have no dislikes. Every need has been met. They are always improving based on customer feedback. I would like to have better training and deeper library science best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT

I am able now to send my assets out to our fleet of contractors with full searchable features as if they had a user seat. PORTALS are making our life much better.

Our production team uses it to protect the warehouse from ordering outdated products. The senior editor is the content manager over our production files, while the graphic designers can only upload, not approve assets.

Tommy U.

"Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with."

What do you like best?

I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves.

On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool.

The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need.

In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Richard C.

"Widen is a great company to deal with"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Widen is their customer service, they are very professional, knowledgable, responsive, and friendly. There are many ways to reach them for support, generally I will reach out initially using the web chat option, but if the issue or question is more complicated in nature I will speak with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is anything that I really dislike about Widen or the Media Collective DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an easy to manage and user friendly system you can't do much better than the Widen Media Collective. It's very flexible and the people working there are very friendly and helpful and they will work with you to get your problem fixed. The online support documentation is also great.

Initially we purchased the Widen Media Collective to make internal creative assets visible and usable throughout the whole company and it has succeeded in this role. Now we are gradually using it to host assets for forward facing websites. Upload profiles make uploading a breeze and once the assets have finished uploading I can easily and quickly generate a report on the assets, I then send the spreadsheet with embed links to whoever requested the upload.

Tracey C.

"DAM .... We LOVE Widen!"

What do you like best?

Everything about this product is easy! We initially chose the software after closely reviewing more than 7 different solutions. Widen accommodates all of our needs where others came up short. Ultimately the deciding point came down to the out-of-the-box video streaming feature, this is what makes Widen different.

The Widen team has the roll-out process down to a science. They worked with us to define a solid taxonomy which paved the way for an easy initial asset upload.

Training and the on-boarding process was seamless. The application is easy to use but, when in doubt, they have a fully loaded training library (Widen University) which has video tutorials and easy to find articles.

We are very pleased with Widen and would definitely choose it again!

What do you dislike?

Scratching my head trying to think of a dislike ...

We uncovered an area where enhancement could be possible and found out that they are already working on it and will soon be released. I really can't think of a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Widen. The support team has been SO helpful every step of the way and continue to quickly respond to our needs.

All of our assets were previously stored on a nicely organized shared drive. We needed a repository that had advanced filtering options so we could easily find the assets we were looking for.

We also have international employees that needed access and downloading assets over the network was painful. Sharing assets with customers and external vendors was also difficult.

Widen Collective has solved all of these issues. Our international employees LOVE the system. We never held any official training for them. They watched one of the "How to" videos Widen provides and they were immediately using the system. We now have a "one true source" for all of our assets. It isn't considered an approved asset, if it isn't in Widen.

Gus R.

"We're keeping it"

What do you like best?

The Speed.

We've been using Widen for a few years now. Since the beginning we have added assets and users by at least 10 fold. The speed of browsing and downloading has not dropped at all, in fact it has probably increased with their new updates. Scrolling is snappy and the previews load extremely quick. Downloading assets at different sizes are quick. Although, I usually download the original hi-res files since I work with print media most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Reliability.

There was been a few times Widen has been down. It hasn't happened in a while, but when it did, it was down for a while. They seem to have solved the issues it was plagued with. I guess it's all part of depending on the cloud.

Support.

There's not an easy way for users to get support directly from Widen. It seems Widen shields their support so the first round of support is the Admin on location. Yet, there are times when that person is not in the office. It would be nice to have a chat feature to help users when the site is down to let them know and solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widen is a great software solution. I see it as a blank slate. You can set it up so it's extremely efficient or convoluted. It all depends on tagging and metadata.

Storing Assets.

This has become our go-to Asset Manager. It's easy to upload and download images from Widen. We use it to keep all teams up-to-date with the latest images we get from photoshoots. We're able to expire older assets that don't follow our new brand guidelines so everyone across the company and our partners are using the most recent images.

Paige K.

"Widen Review"

What do you like best?

Widen makes it very easy to upload multiple documents at once. It is easy to search and find your results, but sometimes can run a little slow, which could be a network error and not a program issue.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Widen can not pull the links from a zip file and create them as their own asset attached to projects. While it is easy to use, I am not sure it is the most efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widen is a easy to use digital asset management product, but I don't think it is the best.

Widen is used to store and manage all of our marketing collateral including zip files, creative cloud files, PDFs, source files, images, drawings, and product photography. It is a great place to store files, but not always great to work off of.

"I enjoy using the DAM to find new assets from colleagues around the world."

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and I like the ability of sending source files directly to our graphic designers from within the portal.

What do you dislike?

When I sign in, I like to look at the newly uploaded assets and then download any applicable assets. However, sometimes I let too much time pass before I can review all the assets, and I get signed out. When I sign back in, I don't get to see the newly uploaded assets anymore. Even when I click on view all uploads, I only see the uploads from my region, N America Canada.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

As previously mentioned, I really like that I can share source files with our graphic designers without having to find an alternative to email large design files.

"Jr. Graphic Designer Adore Me"

What do you like best?

Having a place to store all of our assets organized in collections with tags to search that we can go back to in any time. Can access from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

We have monthly product images that we have uploaded on Widen. We use these assets to create newsletter and promotional designs a week before they are released to the company. When the retouching team is done editing the photos we wish there was a way to release only to one person (design team) instead of all users!

Being able to have one place to upload all assets that are easily accessible to all the different departments in our company. Helps us back up and store everything in organized collections that we can refer back to at any time!

"Easy and powerfully extensible digital asset management platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure but powerful enough to meet a wide breadth of business needs. Customer support is really top-notch.

What do you dislike?

Insights reporting does not support custom metadata within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay attention to change management in your organization - if a DAM is new to the organization, user adoption is not going to jet to 100% on day 1 by itself. Only when users (and a majority of users) understand the basics, can you build momentum to progress and add in more advanced use cases to support. Set a course for constant improvement/iteration - the platform is flexible and can move with your changing business needs and maturity levels.

driving user efficiency toward a single source of truth - increased efficiency, asset re-use, better collaboration in asset development process

Jason R.

"Easy Solution to a Complex Problem"

What do you like best?

The Widen Collective is easy to use. Search capability is a breeze. Training is minimal due to its simple interface. Widen's support is also very good.

What do you dislike?

As an admin, sometimes load times on new images can be slow. When this does occur the issue is resolved in short order.

Ease of use for the end user. Intuitive interface. Fast download and image retrieval. This all contributes to a system that customers can use themselves. There is no need for staff to fill image requests.

"DAM administrator for all our in house agency needs"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the immediate response time from my Widen representative. Anytime I have a question or concern, I know it will get answered right away and I can proceed with my day knowing that it has been taken care of.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been great! I did recommend having the collection the asset is in located on the quick view like it is when you click into the actual asset with all the information on it. I know it would be a help to me but I know there is probably a lot to do on the back end.

We are creating a one stop shop for all our assets to be housed. This creates a space that is well organized and easy for everyone using it to find what they need in a timely manner. I haven't had too many complaints or call outs so it seems to help operate or creative machine.

"Could use a list of missing files"

What do you like best?

The field for multiple asset searches is the feature I use the most. I like the ability to toggle the 'exact' box for searches that limit results to specific filenames. I also perform fuzzy searches, so I appreciate the ability to screen out formats I don't need in my downloads.

What do you dislike?

I need a displayed list of each search string that was not found. This would spare me from a time-consuming need to perform v-lookups against found results in order to report missing files to others.

My team has changed our workflow from receiving batches of completed files via FTP to owning control over when and how we organize our pulls of needed files.

"Best Digital Asset Manager"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is easy to use, and has AMAZING support!

What do you dislike?

I haven't ran across anything that I dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've worked with a handful of other DAM solutions and Widen Collective is by far ahead of the game. Definitely put them in your top list of companies to consider if you are evaluating solutions. Their support team is the best I've ever encountered, across any industry. The support team is really worth their weight in gold. The dev team actually listens to customer feedback, and allows to see where they are headed for their next releases. Overall just an amazing service.

Organizing the photo library, and ingesting new creative without things getting lost.

AE
Administrator in E-Learning

"Widen has helped our Renaissance employees embrace our brand more fully. "

What do you like best?

Branded collections and portals that are easily shareable and that integrate with SharePoint. I also like that chat is always available for trouble-shooting and that the Widen team always delivers an answer. Reliable client support is the main reason we chose Widen over other vendors.

What do you dislike?

Widen continues to drag a little on PC machines and I have had to reset authorized users when they change their PC network credentials. Macs for some reason have far fewer issues and run much better with our Widen integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service and tech support are world-class and always give straight forward, honest answers that are easy to follow and understand.

A brand is the sum total of every experience a customer has with your company and its products and services. A brand is also the sum total of workplace experiences an employee has with your company. Widen is helping our employees and vendors gain access to Renaissance assets quickly and easily to share our vision of helping teachers teach better, students learn better, and school administrators lead better.

"Widen I a great place to start when looking for a Digital Asset Management tool."

What do you like best?

Widen has a great support team. We call at all hours, and they are attentive and responsive. When training sessions are in full swing, they are extremely patient and answer all questions. If they do not know, they find out and get back to everyone on our team. I am very impressed by the very apparent and forward thinking culture that the CEO, Matthew Gonnering, has achieved.

What do you dislike?

video playback has some hang ups but they are working on growing that side of the media management. The Adobe connector is especially nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widen has connector to integrate with many different systems. The tech support has been outstanding when we have run into situations where code changes or enhancements have been needed. You can make sub-sites that are directed to different business groups. Sales portals are a huge benefit to our marketing team.

We used to have a network duping ground for our files and artwork. This insures that there is one true asset that should be used. Benefits to this are that we can can control how assets are used and who uses them. This protects us and our image.

Kelly O.

"Widen Collective has delivered on all of my expectations for a Digital Asset Solution"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about the Widen Collective is ease of the solution, making everyone who is exposed to it wanting to become a user as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most about the solution is that it is continuously changing and improving (this is a great thing) but me not having the time to stay on top of the latest and greatest features and not being able to train and implement the new features.

The problem we immediately solved was employees who needs access to digital assets, i.e. packaging images, layouts and elements, now have access to them without having to search or ask for them.

Michele M.

"Great product. Great support."

What do you like best?

Widen is very user-friendly. It's easy to upload and organize assets and add relevant metadata. Employees unfamiliar with DAMs can access and filter through thousands of assets easily and are able to share assets with team members or people outside of the company. Attaching documents, like release forms, is a great benefit as well. I also like that Widen is regularly adding features and updates to keep the system relevant.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see better asset tracking with regard to being able to see the history of everyone who has downloaded a particular asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In addition to a great product, Widen has a great support team. Initially, they made the entire process of setting up our DAM very simple and now, a few years later, their customer support team is always very helpful.

Before Widen, we had tens of thousands of assets on individual computers and on various servers throughout the company. We also lacked a process for keeping track of rights, release forms, expiration dates, etc.

Sandra D.

"Versatile product, easy to use, great support"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is easy to use and easy for Admins to setup and make changes. So far we have only linked it to Box, and that works well. For the next phase we will be linking the tool to Salesforce.com and are confident this will be a great way to interact with the tools our sales org uses.

What do you dislike?

I feel the Insights could be a little more robust and versatile. The dislikes are more nit picky things and do not affect the overall daily use of the tool. I'd like to see more color coding options for the Asset Groups since it is a good visual indicator of which assets fall in to a specific grouping.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to work with a company that listens to it's users and is constantly implementing new ideas and expanding the capabilities of their product, then this is the right software for you. We were able to use this product out of the box without customization for our needs.

Securely sharing assets with internal and external users has been a great improvement from our previous tool. Permissions structure is also much easier and more versatile than what we have had in the past. We have just started playing with the Portals feature and it has been very well received, so we will probably do more with this feature in the near future.

Jenny I.

"Wild on Widen!"

What do you like best?

Widen is a wonderful DAM. If you are looking strictly for DAM features and functionality at a fair price that is easy to set-up and maintain, look no further. Widen is your solution. The Widen staff is wonderful, the documentation on their website is great and they listen and actually care about you as a client and as a user.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a little more "website" functionality. Only your homepage has a few html areas for you to customize. I would love to be able to have more "home pages" for different asset groups.

Recently, they have introduced portals, this might help. I need to work more with this new feature to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what you need out of a DAM. If it's just DAM like features, (asset upload/downloads) Widen is great. If you need a website that is also a DAM, Widen isn't that.

Getting the right assets to the right people at the right time.

Seeing who downloads what and when. Insights has been a great tool.

Jay W.

"Great product, excellent support and nice things coming."

What do you like best?

This is a DAM that fits our organization size very well. The tool is simple to use and is makes it easy for our teams to find the assets we create and purchase, The adoption rate and users enthusiasm levels have been very good. The permission levels and asset controls are comprehensive and flexible and allow us to have specific assets added, viewed and shared as we see fit for users at different levels The Widen Collective product has surpassed our expectations as a DAM.

What do you dislike?

The DAM functions are great and we like the ease of uploading and adding metadata to assets, but we'd like to see Widen expand the viewing and output options a bit further to help very casual users. like our field salespeople, find, present and share assets with others. Specifically, we hope they will add a folders and subfolders way of viewing assets. The new Widen Portals product is very good, but we just need this part of the product to have a bit more flexibility and deeper hierarchy (i.e. Collections in Collections).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good DAM product. A strong staff that is focusing on DAM every day and they are always there to help with big and small questions. They are committed to keeping the product great and adding new features to stay current. They took the time to understand our needs and helped us with an effective and quick implementation. We've also found it to be a very cost effective solution for our needs.

We had assets being created for 11 different brands by teams all over the world without a good way to share things. We now have a well organized, searchable central repository of marketing assets that anyone in our organization can use to find materials they need quickly. We've saved our designers a lot of time, they no longer need to take the time to send off the many "one-off" requests for small assets or stop what they are doing to resize a logo or image. Our internal and external sales teams now use many more of the materials we've created and out designers have a great place to store their "final-final" artwork and images for the organization to use.

David B.

"Great customer service, helps our company expedite processes across many media platforms"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is the one-stop-shop for our media needs. Storage, distribution/sharing, usage reports, template building, workflows, and customer support service are my interactions with our DAM on a weekly basis and Widen handles it all professionally and timely.

What do you dislike?

I do feel like the design of the user interface could get a facelift, and the system trends toward the sluggish side when generating search results or scrolling through the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test the system out, come to the Summit, talk to other customers, have Widen walk you through how your team could use the DAM to its fullest, assign an administrator to oversee assets while the creatives and users upload.

We are in 9 regions and Widen helps us share media quickly and singularly so multiple versions of one item aren't getting sent out into the void. We are also testing out Workflow, having discovered it during the 2016 Summit, and so far see huge benefits for our Sales Support department. Creating a single document for commenting and editing is genius and has potential to expedite their proposal making process.

Perry B.

"Great Product, Great Support Team!"

What do you like best?

Our experience with Widen has been extremely positive. From exploring DAM options and looking at the feature set of the various platforms/vendors we were considering to integrating the product into our workflow, it has proven to be a great experience.

What do you dislike?

I have to say there is very little to dislike with Widen. The support team is top notch and will work to resolve any question we have or to incorporate a new feature set we are looking forward to. If anything might be a downside is I would like to see a way to limit search returns a bit more, but in all fairness, we haven't asked the support team about how that might be possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the vendors that offer DAM solutions and then talk to their customers. You need to understand how they work in the DAM environment and what overlaps with your needs. Consider your current needs and your future needs. What company can meet both.

Archive solution for visual assets, integration into our CMS/multiple websites, management of a Media Room for integrated outreach to media, sharing portal for visual assets. We save a tremendous amount of time searching for assets for use in the multiple of marketing touchpoints our agency oversees, whether those are digital media, print, our own websites or out of home.

Maria Eugenia M.

"EDA "

What do you like best?

It helps you keep all your information in order and by creating collections to have an easier way of organizing your data

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is a bit slow or the information you add in the metadata for some reason it doesn't save.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the time to get to know the platform. It is worthy

Its a faster way of having your information organized and to access them with no problem.

Rob F.

"Finally! Exactly What We Were Looking For!"

What do you like best?

We've been on Widen for about two years so far and it has been great! Back before we were with Widen, we could make due with what we had...barely. Our team sat down with all the stake holders who would be using it on a regular basis and mapped out our needs, wants, etc., and then started doing some research. We went through three or four DAM system and had representatives from these companies explain what their systems could do, but they always seemed lacking, especially with the price tag they were quoting.

Some of them we did like, but there would have to be equipment that was brought in to hold the assets and such, which would be ok, but then we would have to maintain the equipment. And then if there is an equipment issue we would likely have to wait for a representative to come fix it and hope it works. Just too much hassle for something we basically wanted to put assets on and keep them there for distribution.

Then enter Widen. From the first demonstration of what their system can do, and the abilities we would have with setting permissions and distributing all the image, audio, and video assets, we were giving each other high-fives. Literally, we had the phone on mute and were high-fiving each other over and over again! The on-phone rep from Widen had no idea.

We LOVED that we could upload assets onto Widen's cloud and our trainers all over the world could easily search, preview, and download any files we allowed them to. And there is zero maintenance on our end, other than uploading the assets, setting permissions, and making sure the proper metadata is typed in. And any time we have had an issue, Widen has been great about making sure a representative is there to help walk us through it.

So, now we're into Widen about two years and I almost forget it's there sometimes. Whenever there was a video request, we had to manually get a video out to a trainer or someone, which takes time that we don't seem to have. Now, they can just log onto Widen, search for an asset, and download it.

Seriously, get a Widen representative on the phone see what they can do for you.

Update 2016/11/23 — still going strong on Widen. Love this service and how easy it is to upload, tag, and get things out to our trainer community. Just a few weeks ago I was contacted by someone on the other side of the country needing a different version of a video to show to clients. I uploaded it and messaged back to search Widen again for it in under 30 mins. A couple of months ago I was contacted by our marketing team who needed a video we had recorded to be sent to a contact of theirs, but we couldn't just upload it on youtube, because we didn't have any sort of rights for distributing it, and we needed the video to not be available until the end of time. So, I uploaded it, put on some specific permissions and set an end date for the video to expire in a month so I wouldn't have to remember to take it down. Worked like a charm.

The support team is super helpful when we've had issues and periodically reaches out with emails and such to see if we need anything. I think it's a good, solid service for the modern media mogul.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is it was a little pricey to start everything up, but once it's all going, honestly, you don't know what you ever did without them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The major selling points for us:

—no equipment to maintain

—web accessible anywhere in the world

—no extra money for version upgrades

—ability to preview videos, and it's a pretty good looking video preview

—ability to add permissions to each file

—ability to convert video file types on the fly

—super easy to search and find assets

We had trainers all over world who needed videos or images any time of day or night and would send in requests to the video team and it was really bogging us down. We were also having an issue with version control, and Widen has helped us curb A LOT of that. Now, when we get a video request we just refer them to Widen. It really has been nice for keeping our sanity.

Lacey R.

"Widen Media Collective is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to organize assets and add specific details about those assets. I also think it's nice to be able to use filters while searching for assets. It's also great to be able to add your own categories and metadata types to truly customize the site to our company's unique needs.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try...especially if you feel like you're going to want the ability to customize the look, organization, access, etc., of your company's assets. As an admin, you're really able to control everything on the site, so it's very empowering. And if you come across something that you aren't able to do as an admin, you can live chat with someone at Widen and get an immediate, friendly response. I would highly recommend Widen's DAM site to anyone!

The DAM site allows our company to store our assets in one location without taking up useful storage space on our server and individual computers. The ability to send assets to our sales reps and retailers is extremely beneficial as well as the assets we are sending are usually too large to send via email. Recently, we've also been able to take advantage of the various user profiles and permission settings to be able to give more of our personnel and customers access to the DAM without allowing them to actually change the content. We also just integrated the DAM into our public website a few days ago which we're very excited to try out. It should really simplify and streamline our current process for uploading product images to our website.

Courtney R.

"Widen's Support Team and resources break the mold!"

What do you like best?

Whenever I talk about Widen, I always talk about the customer support team. Whenever I have a question or issue, my Customer Experience Manager is quick to respond and is always able to find an answer or offer a solution. I have yet to find this level of support for any other tool...and best of all, it's included in the subscription!

What do you dislike?

I wish that users could create and maintain their own Insights reports without changing/sharing them with all users who have Insights access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any other software, it takes thought and time to set up your Widen Collective properly. Dedicate the resources to it though and you will see the benefits. Leverage the resources that Widen offers as well. They have endless support materials, training videos, a dedicated customer experience manager for every customer, webinars, workshops, a free yearly Summit and more. Definitely take advantage of all of them!

My company has an expansive global team and the opportunity to interact with and use assets before was very limited. While Widen has been in place since 2007, it has never been assigned a dedicated admin. I was brought on eight (8) months ago to restructure and clean up Widen for broader use and we are now one (1) month out from our official roll out and have just over 200 users. We've had amazing feedback from these existing users and have seen a 143% increase in logins and 35% increase in downloads from January 2016 to October 2016. We expect to see even greater growth and excitement about Widen when we fully launch in all regions in January!

Jennifer N.

"Great Software with Responsive Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use, especially for the end user. It has an intuitive design, a great appearance, and allows us to organize our thousands of images easily. However, my favorite part about using the Widen collective is how friends and responsive the employees of Widen are. Anytime we've encountered issues or limitations, they have been very receptive in hearing what we had to say and have visibly taken steps to address some of the issues we have had. They also provide for plenty of opportunities to learn more about the software, as well as new features, frequently.

What do you dislike?

We have a large amount of images that we communicate to our customers. We do not want to allow our users to log in to our system due to the number of users that would create and the complex permissions we would have to administrate. We have ran into problems sending the images to outside users due to limits within the system. However, the company has started working on this issues and we are hoping in 2017 this will not be much of a problem any longer.

Our company needed a centralized place to store our assets to make them accessible to all of our employees, while also being able to sort them and add descriptions and metadata to ensure all images are used as intended. This system has allowed us to do this and was a huge step above the folder structure we were utilizing on a server previously.

Debra B.

"Hot DAM, is this is a great solution!"

What do you like best?

I just finished my initial training of a phased-out roll out of our DAM and it ended with RAVE reviews for the Widen Media Collective. The interface is extremely user friendly and, with the coaching I received from my implementation specialist on metadata, the search results were impeccable, delivering speedy results for each of my early adopters.

Our DAM searches are fast and efficient!

Sharing single-source assets has been a big problem and, with our Widen DAM in place, that problem is solved. No more second guessing about current versions.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to "check out" and lock an asset for editing, then to check it back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a user friendly system that is easy to set up, easy to maintain and easy for users to jump in with both feet and run with the system out of the gate, Widen is the solution for you. They offer stellar in-person implementation support and their on-line support library leaves no question unanswered for administrators and users alike. Moreover, their Webinars are compact and efficient and offer frequent opportunities for users to get updates, tips and tricks, and to see/hear what other customers are doing. On that note, the Widen support of customers sharing with each other is unmatched in my 20+ years as a software manager in Silicon Valley. I wish all of my vendors had this same "secret sauce."

We have had too many versions of documents floating around our company. Widen DAM is solving our need for one version of the truth. Widen is also reducing the turn around time for users to find assets (the RIGHT assets), instead of recreating them. DAM has allowed us to implement a governance process for creation, storage and administration of all of our professional development documents.

Atiya L.

"Our Digital Library Made It Easy"

What do you like best?

The interface allows for our employees to easily access hundreds of documents. Search feature, folders, metadata tags and more give our users the ability to find things faster than before.

What do you dislike?

The DL can be limited when you are trying to share the tool with other departments who needs may differ from your own. But with compromise, we've been able to make it work. Asset categories arealso hard to find and move around when you have a large amount of folders.

Prior to our Digital Library, we faced issues of accessibility and efficiency. Having over 200 people in our department all over the world made it harder for our marketing teams to disseminate information. Sometimes, within our own microteams - we didn't even know what was out there for use. The Digital Library solved this for us, our teams now know that if they are looking for something, visit the DL first.

User in Consumer Goods

"From a design perspective"

What do you like best?

Since starting to use the workflow, the most useful tool is that every comment and action is archived for future reference. there is no "he said/she said", it is all collected in the document. Once we also have the option to collect data, that will also be a valuable tool for us to point out certain necks in the company.

What do you dislike?

A couple of drawbacks that I have encountered, especially being a pilot program is that the interface changes frequently making hard for our less "tech based" employees to function. Also, the changes that we deem valuable are slow to roll out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program that will really document your process.

I think this will be a great system once it is fully actualized. It has certainly benefitted our department by keeping our jobs on schedule and organized.

Lara B.

"Transformed our digital asset management system into a user-friendly and engaging tool"

What do you like best?

The Widen interface is very user friendly and intuitive. I was able to onboard our team with minimal hand holding. Since introducing the platform 6 months ago, our users have really owned their accounts. We use Widen for projects within our department and it has helped disseminate assets throughout our company and agencies. The metadata and category structure keeps everything organized and there is no confusion about where an asset belongs. The security and permissions on the back end make it really easy for myself and our other Global Admin to make sure people only see what they need to see.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints here about usability.

The biggest problem we solved is that now our entire marketing department has access to all approved assets: photography, videos and certain brand materials. Before, the only people who knew where photos were was the Communications Team. Our overall department is therefore better equipped to handle requests specific to their teams, instead of relying on myself or my boss for asset needs.

Before Widen we didn't have a central location for our finished video assets. Now we do and are able to share them better.

Through the metadata and permission structures there is no confusion about which asset belongs to which resort. We no longer are worried that the wrong photo will end up in the wrong place. Through simple hacks like displaying permissions right on the image preview, users know where assets are allowed to be used.

Learn more about Widen Collective

Widen Collective Videos

Learning about Widen Collective?

* We monitor all Widen Collective reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.