West Media Monitoring & Intelligence Reviews & Product Details

What is West Media Monitoring & Intelligence?

West Media Monitoring & Intelligence is an integrated web-based PR solution to help you identify, reach and engage traditional and social media contacts, and monitor your coverage across all outlets.

West Media Monitoring & Intelligence Profile Details

West Media Monitoring & Intelligence Reviews

1-17 of 17 total West Media Monitoring & Intelligence reviews
PR Senior Account Executive
Public Relations and Communications

"Good tool to identify contact information, could use a refresh"

What do you like best?

MyMediaInfo is relatively up-to-date with contact information for journalists and has a simple interface.

What do you dislike?

The tool puts too much work on the user to get the insights needed to work quickly and efficiently. The search functionality isn't great which makes it hard to discern which journalists are the right contacts and which aren't.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You're better off going to a quick Google search to find the right people and then using MyMediaInfo for their contact info.

In an ideal scenario, we would like to use this tool to generate media lists at the drop of a dime. I'd like the ability to pull a list of all the reporters who cover a certain beat of topic area but generally this tool has not tagged journalists correctly. A reporter that covers general technology news might appear in a search for reporters covering VR, when ideally I want a list of reporters that strictly cover the topic I'm searching for.

CP

"Does the job if you need to build a media list"

What do you like best?

MyMediaInfo is a less costly alternative to Cision. You can build media lists and look up journalists and publications. It's fairly easy to use. Often, information isn't up to date and sometimes, a publication or journalist will be missing. I find the customer service in these cases to be a bit spotty.

What do you dislike?

The customer service can be spotty. There isn't always an intuitive way to do what I would consider simple tasks, so then, I have to ask customer service for help. Sometimes they say they'll do something but then they don't get back to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

decent alternative to more expensive options. Does basics like searching for media contacts and building media lists.

For me as a solo PR consultant, MyMediaInfo has provided a viable lower cost alternative to other similar products. I appreciate that. It does the basic job I need it to do which is to find media contacts and build media lists for clients.

Senior Account Executive
Public Relations and Communications

"Reliability of platform and search function needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use compared to other media databases that I've used. It's also very easy to search for reporters you're looking for. It also has a great media monitoring tool. The media monitoring function is again very easy to use and has sped up my media monitoring process rapidly. It catches a lot of pickups and placements that Google doesn't catch.

What do you dislike?

The platform isn't always the most reliable. Sometimes it works very fast, but other times it take minutes for a new page to load or to perform a search. It freezes a lot as well when doing big searches, which is a pain because then you often have to start your search all over again. Also, if the search is too big for MMI, it won't show you all of the results and makes you perform multiple searches in order to see every reporter that might match your criteria. It's search function isn't always reliable either. Say I search business technology reporters, the results will include beauty and entertainment reporters who aren't relevant at all. It makes the search process more time consuming than necessary.

We're trying to build comprehensive media lists for clients in a timely fashion. Again, the platform is very easy to use, but it does have its flaws.

Chief Operating Officer

"MyMediaInfo"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use and the best part is I feel the database is regularly updated to the point of when I know an editor has moved MyMediaInfo already has the new email.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about it. I use it primarily to create lists of editors that I want to send Press Releases to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel the price of the product is very comparable to the value it adds to work.

I have solved combining through websites looking for correct editors to send my releases to. I have increased my productivity immensely.

Account Supervisor
Public Relations and Communications

"Monitoring function could use improvement"

What do you like best?

I am currently only using MyMediaInfo for its monitoring function so my review will focus on that feature. The platform allows me to create custom searches in order to monitor clients as well as competitors. The alerts are sent straight to my email account, allowing me to track coverage and activity. I can also log in to look for coverage in more depth.

What do you dislike?

There have been numerous times where my Google Alerts have caught something that MyMediaInfo has not or where I've found coverage on my own that the platform has not found. There have also been times where MyMediaInfo's results are more delayed than Google Alerts.

This platform allows us to track client coverage and when we log in, we can search for a key term and then narrow down the results by language, online versus print, according to date, etc.

Communications Coordinator
Consumer Goods

"Using it as a public relations intern "

What do you like best?

It is pretty intuitive. I feel like it is easy to learn without having to do much tutorial. I use it really often to build press lists and I find that that is where it's most helpful.

What do you dislike?

It often moves slow and the contacts don't seem up to date. Having to go "back to results" and not being able to use the back button is very frustrating. Once I'm at a contacts page I'd like to be able to go back to the full list of publication's contact instead of having to go back to the outlet list all over again.

Locating press contacts. I definitely think it is beneficial when compiling press lists.

Brand Ambassador
Retail

"Simple to use, good search tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to search for profiles as well as coverage. There seems to be a very large database and it is full of information.

What do you dislike?

I cannot always find what I am looking for and get frustrated and have to use other search tactics. Overall, though, I have been pleased with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that adding more information to the database would be helpful and maybe improving the search tool just a little bit so that it does not include too many articles and hits that are completely irrelevant.

This tool is very helpful when I feel as though I have exhausted every single Google search term possible. I can usually find a couple diamonds in the rough with MyMediaInfo.

Account Supervisor
Public Relations and Communications

"Not the most reliable monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

With MyMediaInfo, I can set up a monitor for each client. This allows me to receive daily emails, or as often as I'd like, with client coverage. I can set up multiple monitors for each client and their competitors. In addition to

What do you dislike?

It's simply not reliable. MyMediaInfo doesn't catch everything, particularly trade coverage. Numerous times I've found additional coverage through Google Alerts or checking for coverage myself. It's rare if MyMediaInfo finds something before I do or something Google Alerts did not. Even the process of setting up alerts could be much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look elsewhere

MyMediaInfo helps us track client and competitor media coverage. We can create specific alerts. We can also login to the website to search by keyword and narrow the results down from there.

Media Specialist
Environmental Services

"It's not great, but it gets the job done."

What do you like best?

Twitter handles are included in the media profiles, which is great.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to maneuver, it's not regularly updated, and a lot of media sources are not correct or are missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've got the budget, look elsewhere. You get what you pay for -- it's quite affordable.

I primarily use this to gather and collect media contacts.

Communications Coordinator
Internet

"Simple to use, but room for improvement "

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate and doesn't require much tutorial. I've found the media monitoring tool to be the most reliable as it does a great job pulling a comprehensive list of placements in chronological order. It's also simple to search for media contacts and information on different media outlets.

What do you dislike?

The platform is often unreliable while building media lists. The length of time it takes for a page to load varies, and it freezes sporadically. This can make it difficult to build media lists efficiently.

We use MyMediaInfo to find contacts, build media lists and monitor media placements. While the platform allows us to achieve these goals, there's room for improvement.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"MyMediaInfo is not full of info"

What do you like best?

A wide variety of contacts across all industries

What do you dislike?

While there are a lot of contacts in the system a lot of the information is either out of data or incomplete

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at your full options when looking for a media database service. Depending on y our industry it may be worth looking at other solutions that have more detailed information about the journalists and publications. I often found that there wasn't much information available on publications in terms of reach and other factors as well as current contact details for journalists at those publications.

MyMediaInfo helps track the journalists and influencers that matter to our business. By using the contact details listed in in the solution we are able to share relevant story ideas and news with those influencers.

Manager, Public Relations and Marketing
Hospital & Health Care

"MCHC Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to create media lists. I also like the diversity of media.

What do you dislike?

The print version goes out of date quickly. I wish it had more national media.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will help cut the time on making media lists and can be easily exported to Excel.

Distributing information.

UE

"I use this program for my internship at Green Olive Media in Atlanta."

What do you like best?

I like the amount of information that it gives. My favorite part is the contact section. It's very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the EdCals option is a little unorganized at times. Maybe if you gave an option of how to view the edcals it would help the user. For example by either dates or subject in a drop down box.

I have realized the benefits of this software because all of the information is at my hands. It's great how quickly you are to update it as well.

UP

"Use to build media lists and monitor placements"

What do you like best?

It has a large database of reporters, so you aren't limited.

What do you dislike?

It takes forever to load pages and many of the beats listed don't align with what reporter's actually cover.

Use this platform to determine which reporters to target for pitches so we can garner more media coverage.

IH

"Appreciate the up-to-date contacts"

What do you like best?

The list building capabilities. So many other services have outdated lists, so the promise of up-to-date contacts is a PLUS

What do you dislike?

There is an awful lot going on on the site, and I could take or leave the PR webcasts

Just trying to reach the appropriate influencers and media contacts

UN

"MyMediaInfo Works Well"

What do you like best?

It was easy to send press releases with this tool.

What do you dislike?

It did not have an exhaustive list of reporter contacts, so I had to manually search for ones that weren't on the site.

MyMediaInfo was used as an easy way to schedule and send press releases, which it accomplished.

AP

"Handy media contact search tool "

What do you like best?

The ability to build media contact lists based on customizable criteria (location, circulation etc.)

What do you dislike?

Social media aspect is clunky, not as insightful as traditional media contact listings. Downloading spreadsheets could be easier/ provide more options for customization

Locating up-to-date/relevant publication contacts.

West Media Monitoring & Intelligence User Ratings

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Press Release Distribution Category
Do you work for West Media Monitoring & Intelligence?