Response from Dryden Geary of WebTitan Web Filter
Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed and educated review. Some great feedback in here.
Indeed the AD integration and our On The Go agent are very popular features - reflecting real business needs from our user groups.
I'd like to address some of the "dislike" areas:
1. Inability to filter by IP address as well as AD
It is possible to filter by AD. Under ‘Users’ you can create a user and map IP address(es) to that user/server.
2. more intuitive tools, like the test feature, it would be nice to be able to select the profile you'd like to test against instead of having to use the ip address of the user (but you can't filter by IP so this seems broken to me)
Great suggestion. A more advanced policy engine test tool is in the roadmap. For instance, this would allow you to specify any combination of source IP address, authenticated user, time of day, URL etc.
3.WMI/RPC needs to be running for this system to function properly - this does open security concerns in a production environment some people may be unaware of.
We would need more context to answer this properly. Can you drop me a mail so we can flesh this out? dgeary@TitanHQ.com
4. whitelisting websites is tedious and labor intensive, if you have multiple profiles and need to whitelist a site, say company wide (which involves multiple profiles), it needs to be added to each one individually. It would be nice if you could select all the profiles to apply a URL to when whitelisting.
We have a global WL/BL.
5. Mass imports for whitelists overwrites the entire profile instead of the delta - - EXTREMELY ANNOYING
Extremely good point. We think this may be a bug and are looking at it as I type.
6. Only a single login for the cloud portal - not conducive to a strong CSF when they're multiple techs who need access to the platform
We have role-based administration and multiple administrators in the roadmap for WTC.
These are great improvements and are product team were delighted to receive them. We've been working on WebTitan for over 4 years and are always trying to drive improvements and make the platform better.
Thanks again for a great review piece.