Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection

4.7

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to malware protection.

Work for Webroot Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Webroot?

Webroot Endpoint Protection Reviews

Ask Webroot a Question
Showing 174 Webroot reviews
Sterling W.
View Original September 4, 2018

"Great Product - Light Weight and Effective"

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Webroot Endpoint Protection
Dean O.
View Original August 30, 2018

"Lowest footprint AV"

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

Matt K.

"Keep the fight light"

What do you like best?

WEP is an excellent piece of software, lightweight and easy to use, both from a provider and end-user stand point. The cloud-based platform means there's absolutely no noticeable impact on PCs with modern specs, and installation is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Webroot is a little too liberal with what it blocks, and can often disable legitimate programs. Whilst the whitelist is simple to use, it can cause pain for customers who have some bespoke needs in terms of files and software.

In addition, older machines will suffer from noticeable slow down when using this software and support for Windows XP is being dropped very soon - Whilst this is a natural progression, some businesses still rely on the older operating systems for bespoke hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that you're using Modern PCs if possible - Older operating systems may not work very well with this software.

User impact - Webroot is almost unnoticeable even when running a full scan, which means that users aren't being impacted by their security software. An ideal place to be when users want to get the most out of their budget hardware, or who notice the impact of other, heavier applications.

Memory space - Not having a massive repository of malware identifiers and tags stored on the user's machine means that their disk space is reserved for their files, not their endpoint protection - adding value to their hardware.

Adam F.

"Top Notch Fast and Efficient Virus Protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot Endpoint Protection is extremely fast at scanning and has a very small footprint as compared to other solutions. Its definitions are also in the cloud, so there's no need to download large definition files after installation. The installation is also lightning quick and doesn't require a reboot! There is a lot to like with Webroot!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything at the moment. Webroot really has blown away other solutions we have used with our clients. The speed and efficiency with resources isn't like anything else we've tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would be surprised if you aren't sold after using the trial. If you have any qualms with your current antivirus solution, just give Webroot a shot. You won't find the same flaws and will be sold enough to plan your migration.

Webroot offers a great antivirus solution for our clients that we know we can trust. We know it will work and catch threats, and it won't impact the performance of the the client machines. We would usually run into some quirks with other solutions, but not with Webroot. Being able to trust your antivirus solution to just work and not generate any admin overhead in managing it is priceless in our eyes.

Jamie W.

"Market leading security product with excellent protection that uses little resources"

What do you like best?

Lightweight and simple to install with no bulky updates and efficient when blocking threats. Very simple and easy to manage via web console. Installation package is very small and simple, 3 clicks and its installed. The DNS protection works really well and can block sites that haven't been protected yet which will protect you.

What do you dislike?

Reporting side of the product although not really bad, could do with some improvement. Also better marketing and product awareness in UK market. Sometimes it can block applications that are not actually threats but you can easily create exceptions via the console..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the trial and you wont look back - excellent security protection and small footprint. Designed to work in conjunction with other AV products so you can run both side by side until you are happy and ready to uninstall you old AV.

Designed to work with other AV products so easy to encourage potential new customers to take trials as no need to remove current AV while they trial product. Also management via web console is excellent for solving issues in the office, at customers site or even at home out of hours.

Marcos F. N.

"Great Product, Great Protection"

What do you like best?

Small package,, quick installation, always up to date, lightweight and does not slow your system down with huge processes, easy to manage and deploy, non-intrusive. Actually does the job effectively.It integrates very well with Autotask and Connectwise. The list goes on.

What do you dislike?

Management console would be the main dislike. It can get a bit confusing at time switching from companies. Sometimes I have to log out and back in to start all over. Also, when uninstalling from machine, does not automatically remove from console. Have to go in and remove it manually. Console does not have option to delete end points, simply disable. Also no option to move from one company to the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to spend hours configuring a product, then Webroot is not for you, its simple, easy, fast, intuitive, and most of all, GETS THE JOB DONE!

Staying protected and safe. Once it picks up a malicious file, it's removed. Our re-imaging percentage has decreased since deploying this product. Signatures are always up to date.

Elijah H.

"Fast deployment & scans"

What do you like best?

Small endpoint client agent deploys and scans in seconds and is always up-to-date, without bulky updates or definitions.. Enables endpoint management anywhere, anytime, online with hierarchical controls and visibility.

I also like that the installation package is very simple, only 3mb and in three clicks it is already installed. It is very light and the post-start scan also does it maximum in 5 minutes or less.

This AV is one of the most efficient in terms of vulnerability threats and execution of commands for Windows.

What do you dislike?

Many commands take time to execute. and the support for Mac computers is very little. For Mac not all commands are available.

The waiting time to execute the commands are very long and this makes it difficult to resolve any threat. And in some cases, you must enter as Safe Mode to be able to make the command effective or uninstall the AV.

Also, on other occasions it reports many false positives. I think this is an important feature to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you require a fast deployment antivirus and a simple console administration, Webroot is a very good solution. I sincerely recommend it even though it has things to improve that I hope with new updates can be solved

in the top right you can see the username and domain of the company for which I administer the Webroot console.

With this AV we have kept up to date with many threats and very manageable by console.

For example, we had a case of lost files and when executing a scan with Webroot eliminated the threat that was presented extensively in the company. This made us very happy to know that we certainly acquired a good service.

In addition, by having an administrative console we can efficiently carry out the tasks in the different clients that we have deployed Webroot

Victor M.

"WebRooot Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about webroot is how simple it is to manage at the console level, and efficient when blocking threats, neutralizing infected files, preventing viruses from spreading and generating more damage as a result of loss of information

What do you dislike?

What I dislike a bit is that when being an antivirus in the cloud to lose connection to the Internet the computer looks a little unprotected because it does not update the virus database, the rest to be connected to the Internet works totally fine

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my case I recommend WebRoot with total security, I guarantee that by implementing this antivirus solution in your networks or your customers will see how they are more protected, and they will be eternally grateful to you, also it should be noted that its deployment is very simple as well as the installation of your agent on the computers in your network.

WebRoot is allowing us to offer our customers an antivirus solution in the cloud which makes it light for installation on computers, and to manage in a centralized console the number of clients or companies that we have at our charge, in order to maintain your networks and equipment free of threats

Héctor Joel B.

"The best personal and corporate protection that exists."

What do you like best?

Webroot has a powerful lightweight and manageable protection system via a web console.

The effectiveness of the established parameters complies with the guidelines that you wish to establish for the different departments of your organization and the administration of privileges so that the user is not able to deconfigure it.

What do you dislike?

It would be excellent to integrate some in the console to set the endpoints. However, the tool operates correctly.

Even its powerful detection engine is so efficient that sometimes it does not take risk and blocks applications that are not usually threats, but you can deal with creating exceptions from the console.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a powerful Antivirus that keeps your computers and servers protected, and also offer you a first lever support, do not think about it anymore Webroot is the option.

Currently its our main provider of virus protection, we have it deployed in different infrastructures and has managed to cover our needs.

Since we have Webroot our equipment more secure against any malware your database is updated with all existing threats.

Miguel Angel H.

"Great antivirus and cloud product"

What do you like best?

Excellent AV endpoint, something very valuable is that it does not leave much impression on the hosts. The installation is very simple and it is a very fast software. The administration console is great and the easy access tabs are very comfortable. The performance of the host team is not affected by the operation and the database of threats (viruses, infections, etc.) is very complete. It really is a great product, which should be taken into consideration.

What do you dislike?

The main negative point of this is the small base of users who own and with it there is not a more important interaction with the manufacturer that facilitates the feedback and the improvement of the product. Sometimes the offered support is not the best for what is expected from a business solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an excellent product for small businesses that require security in their final devices, the option to try the version for free is very useful and with this I recommend that future buyers review the product and give Webroot a chance. As in EndPoint or its other add-ons, DNS Protection or the tool for Phishing.

Some of our clients required an endpoint AV for their hosts, after analyzing several products the Webroot was offered as it offered a complete package at a competitive price. With this software, the threats against our clients' PCs are verified in an optimal way and thanks to the intuitive administration console, the support of the system is very comfortable for IT engineers.

Amanda L.

"Working remotely, this product is critical "

What do you like best?

This product fully protects my computer from malware and junk. I work remotely from home and use the company's VPN and remote desktop, but this provides the added security I need for what I do. I'm constantly on different vehicle part websites that could potentially be dangerous, but I'm notified if the website is not secure. This product has saved malware from being downloaded onto my computer or viruses being picked up. I don't have security clearance to open the app to make changes or see logs, but I know it's working because it'll inform me if i'm going to an unsafe website, or if something is trying to be downloaded.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to hide the tray icon, since I have a bunch of them down there right now.. but it's not a product flaw. Nothing else has been wrong with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a must if you work remotely and have an unsecured internet connection not regulated by a VPN or remote desktop.

I work remote, so being able to have the security on my computer is critical. I'm not on the company's internet network - I work off my own Fiber internet. When I'm not able to access the VPN remote desktop through the company when the server is down, I'm able to use my normal desktop which has this protection software on it. I visit alot of parts websites looking for alternative parts to send to shops for repairs and it's hard to know if a part website is legitimate until I click on the link. This protects my computer from harm.

Morgan H.

"Next Generation Anti-Virus"

What do you like best?

What do I like best about webroot?

What isn't there to like.

A bit of backstory behind this, I used to use Avast Anti-virus for our business and supported businesses. It made the machine slower, like many other signiture based anti-viruses like snoreton and mccafe. Webroot speeds every aspect up, installation only takes a couple of seconds. Scanning can take upto 5 mins at most on a modern machine. The UI is simple to use and easy to guide yourself around. Does not take up much hard drive space as all the signitures are online (from what I read). The DNS protection really works and blocks site that haven't been whitelisted yet to protect you.

What do you dislike?

The UI has an old design and it works best when connected online. Other than a design nitpick and something that doesn't really matter since most people are connected online now, webroot is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, you have no reason not too. Think of it this way, with older anti-viruses you are driving a car from the 1990's to the 2000's, works and has fancy useless addins, like a cup holder with foil on it or something. Then switching to webroot is like driving a fancy new sports cars, has nessacery bells and whistles and just works brilliantly, smooth drive and all.

Stopping users from accessing dodgy websites and links, its great to see a page blocked screen when a user does click on the link. Able to scan their machines regularly, with other anti-virus programs, it took almost most of the working day (well like 2 - 3 hours) for our customers to complete the scan while they were working, while webroot scans complete in under 10 mins (at max). It's really lightweight and does not impact performance at all, from what we have seen.

Teri M.

"Excellent Protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot Endpoint protection is easy to install and easy to manage. The agent is light, and users do not experience the lag that competitors endpoint software can cause. The reseller and end user support is also phenomenal. It also does an excellent job at catching threats and cleaning up after a virus is deployed.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like about this product. Webroot outperforms all other software we have used int he past

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend this product based on our experience using it in several of our client's sites.

Our clients are much happier with webroot than their previous endpoint solution. They like that there is no reduction in their computer's performance. I especially like the feature that rolls back your computer to the point before an attack hits. It has saved our clients hundreds of dollars time and time again.

Charlie B.

"Webroot the shining star!"

What do you like best?

Good alert system and brilliant scanning system.

Do not have to worry about getting help from the team as they are all lovely and respond rapidly!

What do you dislike?

I'll be honest there isn't really anything I dislike. If I have to think of something of the top of my head I would say that creating separate customer GSM's is a pain!

We have helped to keep machines safe and active. A lot of our customers are not IT literate so they are very prone to "obtaining" viruses.

Webroot is fantastic as the threat database is updated constantly we have been able to fight the latest threats including the WannaCry virus which many fell victim too.

James S.

"Enhancing Security in multiple work environments "

What do you like best?

Webroot endpoint protection secures user workstations and devices not just in the local environments but also online with built-in browser scanning. No need for bulky AV software installs on each device. Simple Manageability using the online secure console and sites. Provide reports on the go along with it's advanced cleaning and secure features. Agent install is quick to deploy.

What do you dislike?

There is minimal dislike or distaste about this product as there is multiple OS support across Windows and Mac. Only dislike would how the licensing reporting and structure that is collected by Webroot licensing to measure monthly licensing counts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch!

Webroot aids in further secure internet browsing utilizing it's addins for chrome, firefox, etc. browsers. It deters users from visiting malicious sites. It prevents performance slowness like other AV products and allows for swift scanning.

Matt W.

"Lightweight & Feature Rich Security in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

Deployment is rapid thanks to the unique deployment URLs and tiny client. Detection rates are great, we've had a number of cases where Webroot made detections the alternative clients already installed had not. Finally, love the modular nature of the product, with additional feature sets easily pushed out to existing clients.

What do you dislike?

Console is only partially mobile friendly. Monitoring and overall view is all mobile and touch-interface friendly. However if you want to drill right into client and policy levels, you really need to be on a laptop/deskop to gain easy access to all features Hopefully the new mobile friendly interface will be rolled out across the whole platform in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at this against the obvious, legacy choices as it will genuinely surprise with its combination of lightweight client and feature rich endpoint and security control.

Webroot works across Mac and PC environments which is a big benefit. Thanks to it's lightweight client-end software, it often comes with a performance benefit against legacy solutions, or in other cases we can install it in-line with current solutions and comfortably run the two in parallel both as a proof of concept or as an additional security layer.

Victor M.

"El mejor antivirus en la nube."

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Webroot es que me ayuda a mantener a mi equipo y al equipo de mis colegas 100% protegidos en todo momento, gracias a que al ser un antivirus alojado en la nube, su base de datos de amenazas permanece constante. actualización, por lo que un atacante nunca lo encontrará desprotegido, mucho menos desprevenido y lo mejor es que no tengo que hacer nada, ya que mi jefe lo maneja por consola y es allí donde se toman todas las acciones necesarias en cada equipo

What do you dislike?

En mi opinión, WebRoot es una excelente solución antivirus cada vez que he tenido problemas con archivos maliciosos, troyanos o virus directamente, esta fantástica herramienta me ha sacado de los problemas tomando las correcciones necesarias, en este caso webroot para detectar un archivo malicioso automáticamente, lo elimina. desde el sistema para que en el futuro alguien pueda salir de la cuarentena y de este modo, infectar la red de virus completa para mi webroot no tiene nada de malo, por lo que no tengo ninguna crítica en su contra

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recomiendo implementar su versión de prueba solo para darse cuenta de lo poderosa que puede llegar a ser, le aseguro que terminará adquiriendo una licencia

A nivel corporativo, su principal fortaleza es también la solución que ofrece a las personas y las empresas y es que mantiene su equipo y, por lo tanto, su red completamente libre de virus y amenazas, e incluso le permite aplicar políticas desde la consola para evitar ciertos tipos de Los usuarios pueden incluso deshacer la aplicación además de realizar instalaciones, la realidad es que he hablado con otros colegas que también usan webroot y su opinión es muy similar a la mía, la gente está completamente satisfecha y feliz de tener una herramienta tan poderosa como es raíz web

Mike D.

""Best Product by Far""

What do you like best?

We have worked with various products over the years and have problems with all of them except Webroot. Our techs have an easy time deploying it to our customers, and our customers like very much how it is not obtrusive to them sits very quietly in the background and does not cause them any issues unlike other products.

What do you dislike?

Really not much to dislike with this product. Probably the hardest part I have is that it is not as recognizable as other products on the market so it is usually a little more involved in the sales process., but Webroot does give sales teams the tools to make it easier on them.

By giving my customers greater control of what their users view. Using the phishing scam tools it has helped many of our customers beef up their security and how their employees interact with the Internet as a whole. All of the customers who we have run this type of campaign for from the top to the bottom are very surprised as to how many fell for the emails. They are improving security which makes us look good.

Gareth B.

"Webroot's robust reporting engine makes the difference"

What do you like best?

In summary; using Webroot to secure the endpoints has resulted in a significant reduction in the amount of time attending to problems which frees engineers to devote more time to raising awareness with users.

In a little more detail; I find the top feature is the the reporting console which identifies PCs (Apple & Microsoft), virtual machines and servers and can be grouped by WAN IP or LAN IP, name & AD which simplifies management.

What do you dislike?

The industry's approach to antivirus hasn't really changed that much in a long time, securing the endpoint is still important and can't be overlooked but the endpoint should be really be the last line of defence.

In case you're wondering I think the connection to the Internet, from the ISP could be improved. In the UK there is a rush to reduce the cost and thus this isn't a focus.

It's interesting to see many IT service organisations bringing a broader security offer based on their collaboration & partnership with different vendors and I see this continuing to grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Roll out a trial and determine the potential value of the reporting console

There is a notable difference in the performance of Webroot's SecureAnywhere product compared to many other apparently similar products that say they offer the same and are often bundled with the PCs, however I have also seen an increase in user awareness to the extent that technicians are now routinely asked to 'remove the bloatware and install Microsoft security updates and Webroot'

Christopher C.

"Webroot - Complete Business Protection"

What do you like best?

Multiple Products - SecureAnywhere, DNS, Security Awareness Training. Three products that work together to not only protect the network, but inform the End-Users on how to better their security practices. We had started with just the SecureAnywhere protection but with the focus on Security, DNS and Awareness Training are becoming more valuable to us in protecting clients networks.

What do you dislike?

The DNS Agent is still in its initial rollout so it does not yet have the advanced features that some other DNS providers may have, but there is a lot of potential. Logs could be improved to find out exactly what is going on. If there is an issue, normally you have to submit the logs to the vendor. Our techs are savvy and would benefit from seeing and reading what's going on in the background. Support could be improved - perhaps a chat on the website to review tickets and ask some questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review and set your policies before rollout. Workstations, Terminal, Servers, Admin Agents. Make sure you setup Alerts so that you know if there is an issue that you need to address.

We are running Webroot on all of our managed endpoints. We have seen a drastic reduction in the number of Malware tickets that we have had to address. When we have, most of the time, its on agents that did not have WR as didn't manage those particular agents.

Brandon S.

"Excellent AV alternative"

What do you like best?

It is does not take up much resources on the end client machine even when running scans. It auto-runs a scan and attempts to remove the threat as soon as it detects it. After using it for more than 2 years, it has not failed to quarantine or remove a threat. The admin interface is easy to use and implement different policies. Webroot does an excellent job of explaining different features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot remove completely any endpoints from the admin interface in which you have deactivated the endpoint (uninstalled Webroot). I wish you could have an automated report on which it sends you an email as to how many endpoints are behind on updates after a certain period of time.

We are using Webroot as our business' AV protection solution. It is very nice to have a solution that reports to a central interface in which you can see what threats were discovered and which endpoints are out of date with Webroot's definitions. We did not have that level of visibility in our environment before.

Kevin L.

"Very Positive, almost perfect"

What do you like best?

It is simple to deploy and quietly runs in the background of our client machines. Our end point users don't have to do anything with it. IT can be monitored entirely by remote.

What do you dislike?

The command console is not as intuitive as I'd like but with a little practice it is easily navigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Webroot is easy to install and let run, it needs very little over site and offers great protection. While our end point users aren't terrible tech savy they can use and maintain the software easily

We have cut down computer infections by nearly 80% We no longer have to spend time cleaaning and rebuilding infected machines

Briana H.

"Only security software I trust"

What do you like best?

I like the roll back feature the best simply because if ever there was an attack with this feature it would just take my system back to any previously uninfected state desired. The other part of the platform besides it being the only one to fully protect me from any threats it also has s simple and easily understood dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike about the software is the mobile app not working on a temporary loaner phone as the platform is focused on Mac, iOS or Android only

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would never consider any other security software now that I have been with Webroot. I have no problems understanding any information given to me and they make it convenient to manage any of your covered devices from any desktop to maintain a respectful level of protection. They have amazing customer service and tech support in the event you need them all while giving the most secure protection I have had for a fair and reasonable price to help make it affordable to any organization or person (s).

Keeping all our endpoints secure along with crucial client and business information. Saving time in the evening or of a breach with there faster then normal time to bounce back. Amount these the other big we are also solving budget problems with a very reasonable priced solid security platform.

Pedro Armando P.

"My experience with WebrootEndpoint Protecion. It is Excellent"

What do you like best?

In my opinion the features that I like about this application is how simple it is to manage at the computer level and how efficient it is to block and clean up threats, neutralize infected files, prevent viruses from spreading and prevent further damage from being generated. result of the loss of information.

What do you dislike?

The features that I do not like about this application, although in my opinion it is excellent, in that it is an antivirus application, in the cloud it does not fully cover its function when the Internet connection is lost, which causes the computer to decrease its security levels at that time because it does not update the database about the virus.

It does not have a varied language arrangement within its programming, and its programming is not so simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your desire is to have a system of computers and equipment backed by an excellent security and antivirus system, download WebRoot without any doubt, since by implementing this antivirus solution on your networks, your clients will notice the increase in their level of protection, that will make you identify yourself more with your brand and your product.

WebRoot is an application that at the enterprise level allows us to offer our customers a greater security solution due to its antivirus function in the cloud that facilitates the possibility of downloading the installation on computers by a programmer, administer a centralized console the amount of Customers or companies that we have in our charge, to keep their networks and equipment free of threats, provide a better service, reduce costs and increase our dividends...

Hunter B.

"Webroot - Security done right"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a "non-needy" type of software. Meaning that I do not have to constantly baby it, by showing it attention. One of the major drawbacks from the competitors, like McAfee, Symantec, is that it would quarantine system files, or other harmless files and that would cause problems for my end-users. With this, I have protection, and peace of mind, and not having to constantly wonder if something is going to break.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really dislike about it. It is a sold piece of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using some of the other more mainstream names, this product might provide a better alternative for you. We are able as resellers to get this to our customers and much lower prices, and it gets the job done. I have not had a single incident yet that Webroot could not handle.

Antivirus, antimalware, and anti-phishing via email. The benefits we've seen are that we get alerts when there are possible issues with an endpoint, and we can manage that remotely without having to takeover a machine in most cases.

Ramy E.

"Best Protection software"

What do you like best?

Doesn't take long time to be installed

doesn't take large space on HD.

Communicate with the server and commands run from admin console received in short time.

Simple to be used by admin and end user

What do you dislike?

I have to deactivate the computer from admin console but can't remove it.

I have to open a tic with the support to remove it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GO for it for sure, the specifications and price and better than all.

We are an MSP company which is offering cyber security services.

It allowed us to keep our customers protected more than we ever did before.

Number of customers complaining about viruses or that the software is using a lot of memory not as before

Maximillian P.

"WebRoot Endpoint Protection is endgame protection at ease of use."

What do you like best?

It's extremely effective yet simple in design. It scans and protects quickly compared to other services and its by far the easiest to navigate through of any of the softwares that ive used.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about it, WebRoot builds fantastic software and we use them for multiple different services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Webroot is our go to and couldnt recommend it enough.

We use WebRoot Endpoint Protection as a 24/7 service to guard are computers on campus. We have on-campus techs but this service is a fantastic first defense for comouters that dont need to be monitored by human eyes at all times.

Racey C.

"Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a con when you get, in our experience, perfect track record results from a relatively inexpensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. I have basically no complaints about this solution.

No viruses! Keeping our endpoints free of any form of infection for nearly five years is pretty amazing.

Sean T.

"Best Antivirus I've used"

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and has a lot of customization. The default settings work great but has some great ways to tweak to exact needs.

What do you dislike?

The web interface could be a little more intuitive as to where to find different settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend giving webroot a try and see how fast it really runs even on older computers. There are many features such as web protection that other antiviruses require a different program and/or additional subscription.

We had a major issue with another product blocking web traffic that was perfectly safe such as go to meeting. There was no way to whitelist the sites. Webroot gave us that ability and is much lighter on the systems than expected.

Wayne S.

"Doe's what its supposed to. Best end-point I have used so far."

What do you like best?

There are many things I like about Webroot generally, but the end-point protection is perfect for any business environment. I currently working as an Account Manager for an MSP, one of our key selling features is that we use Webroot to protect our clients. The thing I like the most about webroot is how discreet it is and uses less system resources than most anti-viruses.

What do you dislike?

If there was to be one thing that I was not keen on, then it would be the graphic (logo), it looks a bit plain and In the world of marketing/advertising, nothing about it sticks out or catches the eye.

The real-time protection is something that I value highly. On many occasions I have known it to pick up potential threats on colleagues and clients machines equally.

Samuel H.

"Excellent security, simple to use and lightweight."

What do you like best?

It's easy!

You will forget its installed on your PC, and then one day you will click on something dodgy and BAM Webroot has got your back.

What do you dislike?

The endpoint GUI could be updated a little.

The Webroot console could provide more information about each endpoint, such as PC Serial Numbers and a list of local user accounts.

Very quick to install, and cloud defenitions mean endpoints are secure, and always up to date with no pro-active update management required.

The webroot console provides a great way to view information on all of our Endpoints

Rick W.

"If you want an easy to use resliabel solution, this is for you."

What do you like best?

We love the ease of deployment of Webroot for our clients. For deployment to clients with a large number of seats it is really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many issues that I have encountered with deployments or updates, but i think that some additional features could be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use te trial and make your own decision but for us it works very well.

Antivirus, Antispam, Anti malware, anti phishing are all areas of Webroot that we have benefited from for our client base. I would wholeheartedly recommend for those clients with security concerns.

Patrick R.

"New way of doing AntiVirus"

What do you like best?

It seems to "just work" and doesn't get in the way. I have used a number of antivirus solutions in the past and they all seem to make my computer run slowly. With WebRoot, I forget it's even installed, except when it does its job, blocking malware and viruses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems to be a bit too aggressive. The extension for the Chrome browser has blocked access to sites I know are legitimate. However, our admin was able to submit a ticket and access was restored within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out. It seems reliable and seems to flag more malware than Symantec did. It also seems to be less demanding on my computer.

Webroot has prevented me from accessing several sites, files, and emails containing malware.

John H.

"Light, Effective and Manageble"

What do you like best?

Product is the lightest in the industry with very fast scan times. The console management system has just about every option you could need.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer a slightly larger limit to the number of sites to manage under a single console. They have a soft limit of 1000 and being a very large MSP, we have long surpassed that. But Webroot was very accommodating in providing us other consoles to expand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try and contact their sales and support for more info.

We have found a centralized place to easily manage all of our clients when before we didn't have proper insight into what was going on on and endpoint.

Luca C.

"Webroot Secure ANYWHERE"

What do you like best?

We started to use and develop Webroot to our customer less than 1 year ago. We are moving them expecially from Trend Micro (enterprise client) or Kaspersky/Norton (for small organisation). We have almost finished this switch off. Plenty of satisfaction, easily way to deploy the agents and monitoring all the "bad" activities of the end users. . . That's make us really happy because we are now able to be pro-active in front of our customers . I want also to spend few word about the support / help desk : fantastic , reactive and professional. Next step will be to start with the DNS protection

What do you dislike?

To be honest sometimes we have some difficulties in understanding how to updated the software exception (false positive) and a lot of time with some dedicate software , especially in the healty business, we till need to have the assistant of the support team

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it

Easily way to deploy, expecially thanks to the Group Policy. Customers are happy because the agent is really light but expecially we love it beacuse it is an MSP oriented solution .

Russ S.

"Webroot keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The product is innovative and being developed and expanded. I also really like that there is now a brightgauge integration with the Webroot API which allows me to efficiently monitor the solution.

What do you dislike?

There have been some technical issues, which no one enjoys, but probably less than other products I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with anything in IT, you need to do your own testing and make sure a product works for what you need and the way you deliver products. For other MSPs, the setup is friendly enough and offers a high value and low footprint. Don't expect your implementation to be totally problem free, but you should definitely consider webroot if you are switching to a new product.

Offering a value adding solution to our customers at a lower price than we were paying for endpoint security in the past with less support tickets and more actual security.

Ricky T.

"Inexpensive and relatively maintenance-free"

What do you like best?

I like that, as the IT guy, it just works. I don't ever have to go to a person's computer to check the software, update it or see that it's running. I get all the information I need from the console. I haven't had to deal with cleaning up a virus except for maybe one time one person got an annoying browser plugin that would redirect all web traffic to one URL. I had to manually remove it, but it wasn't a too malicious. I like that I can set certain permissions on users so that they can get better control over the software, and disable when they really need to. There are just some users who can be trusted and some who can't, so this software allows me to do that in a really granular way.

What do you dislike?

Fixing a small issue, such as a single blocked program, is like pulling teeth. Everything is so over-complicated. Support is nice, but it seems like sometimes their system is so complex and convoluted, even they don't know how to explain how it works. I also REALLY hate their second level of authentication, where it asks you to provide X and X letter of your special passcode. I literally NEVER remember what that passcode is, so I have to reset my passcode EVERY TIME I log in. I wish they'd just implement 2 factor auth utilizing SMS or email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around, but this is a great product! Plus they are right here in the USA!

Fewer viruses

Corey W.

"Solid Product"

What do you like best?

I love the cloud-based, single-pane-of-glass management. When my laptops disappear all over the world for weeks at a time, I still see them, and know that they're being updated and protected.

I also like the lightweight, easy-to-install endpoint client. It's SO easy to automate the installation, and have it pushed out by GPO, then it keeps itself up to date automatically.

What do you dislike?

The management console is sometimes slow. Not too bad, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only recommendation is to get a trial, then buy it. Activates quickly and easily, works like a champ, and the cost is reasonable, to say the least.

Consistent and visible antivirus, antimalware, and firewall across all devices regardless of where they are. Headquarters, data center, branch offices, home use, on the road -- doesn't matter. If it has an internet connection (and why would the user have it if it didn't?), I can see it, report on it, be alerted of issues, and know that it's protected.

Uzair S.

"The Best Virus Protection in the Market"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy is to use Webroot, you can install it and manage all the devices in your infrastructure through the console. It is technically the best virus protection and hassle free.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, i hope they don't mess anything in the future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and you will be amazed after few weeks that how simple easy and robust webroot is to protect your network environment.

The biggest threat we were experiencing was ransomware emails coming through and in early 2015 we got hit with it. Smart enough we reacted proactively and stopped it by not allow it to spread through the whole network only a couple of PC's were infected. After that I gave a trial to webroot and in less than 3 weeks bought 125 licenses then again increased to 175 licenses including mobile devices. Since then we have been protected from all sorts of ransomware variants which are being circulated in the wild.

Zane B. C.

"Webroot - Great Protection - Light on the System, Stops all Threats."

What do you like best?

Webroot protects our systems and doesn't slow down our computers. A lot of other web security systems do not work well with all programs. We have not had that issue with Webroot. We appreciate the product support and availability of their staff. We have not had any issues with the protection Webroot provides. It covers all of our endpoints, mobile and other. Their system seems to work well with all other programs we use in our office. We hope they continue to upgrade and improve their program and keep it working well. Their systems seems to work with Microsoft, Apple, and Android systems.

What do you dislike?

The Webroot portal is a bit confusing and hard to learn. It is not the easiest to use or learn. Once you are familar with the portal, it isn't horrible, but definately needs some work. Also, the mobile security always requires the user to click on the app in order to update it. They need to work a lot more on the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Goo d product that just works.

Mobile, Computer, Internet security. The Webroot ecosystem works well and is very good for enterprise use. If you are a novice or an experience IT professional, the Webroot can solve all of your issues. At least I do not have to look at any commercials touting how, where, and why they are so good at what they do.

Ryan T.

"Quick and effective Anti-Virus"

What do you like best?

Webroot is so easy to use the console is simple yet contains so much info! Installation is simple and could perform maintenance with my eyes closed. Simple manageability using the online secure console and sites. Provide reports on the go along with it's advanced cleaning and secure features. The multiple added features such as SAT and DNS training

What do you dislike?

The way that people do not know about webroot and its capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not have any recommendations at this time

There is a notable difference in the performance of Webroot's SecureAnywhere product compared to many other apparently similar products that say they offer the same. We have seen a drastic reduction in the number of Malware tickets that we have had to address.

The speed of uninstalling / installing anti-virus

Stathis B.

"Powerful AV Software"

What do you like best?

Webroot is a simple and lightweight product that is yet very powerful and effective in dealing with threats. Very easy to manage and with constant updates keeps up with user feedback and changes in the industry.

What do you dislike?

The web control panel is in the process of a redesign and as it stands right now it is a bit confusing. However, knowing how Webroot has dealt with change in the past it will soon be better than ever.

Ease of management, low resource utilization and low costs are very compelling attributes for any business, add to that the top tier protection and your AV and security problems are solved.

Jimmy T.

"A solic A/M Product"

What do you like best?

That it was easily to deploy with different methods, such as through GPO, a web link and manually with the EXE. As well as a blacklist for auditors.

What do you dislike?

That there isn't a bulk upload for the blacklist, as I can add between 10-30 items at a given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Auditors have been happy with our use of the product, especially when showing our utilization of the blacklist.

Endpoint protection and scanning. It was much easier to deploy and manage than our previous product and less resource intensive on endpoints.

Eric N.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

I love how light the software is on the endpoints that it protects and it is easily managed via the console. Not only did I deploy this at work; I also went ahead and bought webroot for my endpoints at home. I am very satisfied, period.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I haven't found anything yet that I am not happy with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research on the other programs then jump in and buy Webroot.

I can easily deploy and protect remote workers computers from my office.

Elior A.

"Reliable, Fast and Lightweight AV Endpoint Agent"

What do you like best?

The small footprint of CPU and memory usage in idle and scan times, fast and easy setup and deployment mechanisms, very effective policy and override features.

Love the Webroot web-filter extension to Chrome and Safari browsers.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Mac endpoints require some more improvements, especially solving issues with hung scan jobs.

Seems like sending commands to the endpoints from the web console doesn't always work.

A very lightweight agent, with a small footprint on resources while scanning makes Webroot a very reliable.

Scott S.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Webroot Endpoint Protection is great as it helps to protect out clients from attacks, it can also be used as a source for training. With the option for Phishing attack simulations there are endless ways to simulate an attack and educate our users as well keeping out PC's safe from such attackers.

What do you dislike?

There is no downside to using Webroot Endpoint Protection, as it keeps your PC safe, users educated and training up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great product that ill keep you and your company safe from attacks.

Webroot Endpoint Protection has protected me from any potential phishing attacks, there are a lot of benefits t using this such as DNS protection, phishing attack simulation, endpoint protection.

Travis H.

"Best Cloud Based Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

The client it self is so small and uses so little system resources that my users cannot tell when its running a scan. The deployment is fast and easy. The web console is easy to use and has some great tools to mitigate issues

What do you dislike?

The ordering process needs to be cleanup, and the login to the web console needs to be a little easier to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is great for a cloud based model, it protects well and gives very little false positives.

The best part that we have found is that when the software is scanning daily it has little to no impact on the users computer.

J R.

"Decent End-point security"

What do you like best?

The management interface is very user-friendly and it is simple to deploy the software through GPO or startup scripts. The software is light and does not interfere with user activities. The restrictions and application settings are extremely customization and the group management makes it easy to compartmentalize regular systems from servers.

What do you dislike?

The system uses an environment that constantly delivers system information to cloud servers when real-time protection detects an unknown application. This is not good for development environments nor for highly secured facilities that audit in and out-bound traffic. This would require us to disable the real-time monitor on most of our systems. Disabling an integral feature to the software renders it useless and not worth the money we are paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that users look into how their data is handled. It is important to be aware of any information that is being collected behind the scenes. Webroot was not exactly forthcoming about the fact that they collect system data and share it with the cloud.

The primary goal was to utilize Webroot as the primary AV application across our enterprise, however, with the discovery of the previously mentioned information we could not leverage the software as a viable solution for the entire company. We ended up selecting Trend Micro as an on-premises solution since it does not collect or broadcast any system data.

Jaymes A.

"Great Product, Reliable and Very Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

The UI is very intuitive. Easy to manage many endpoints at once and very easy to deploy.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to be able to scan individual files or folders, instead of doing a complete system scan. I also wish there was a way to get alerted when systems are out of date on the version. I currently have to manually run that report, there's no way to automate that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it! Plain and simple.

Webroot has been instrumental in making sure our endpoints are protected against cybersecurity threats, and to have that same system not take up major resources on our PCs is huge.

Learn more about Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection Videos

Webroot Endpoint Protection Downloads

Learning about Webroot Endpoint Protection?

* We monitor all Webroot Endpoint Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.