Waystar Reviews & Product Details

Business Process Analyst
What do you like best?

Waystar staff are helpful. Support is quick in responding when needed. There are many great features with denial management and dashboards that allow us to see into trends across hundreds of providers and practices we service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system is unable to integrate fully with a software we utilize much of (Kareo) to ensure claims closed in Kareo are not open in waystar. I also cannot report on rejections like I would need. We get this from Waystar client rep but she misses the monthly reports and is therefore inconsistent reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently we are working to solve for 277/ 276 payer responses to alleviate the open/ closed claim issues. Would like better reporting for rejected claims as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Waystar Overview

What is Waystar?

Waystar provides market-leading technology that simplifies and unifies the revenue cycle. Their cloud-based platform streamlines workflows and improves financials for healthcare providers of all kinds and brings more transparency to the patient financial experience. Waystar has been ranked Best in KLAS for the Claims & Clearinghouse segment every year since 2010, earned #1 rankings in Black Book™ surveys since 2012 and received the Frost & Sullivan North America Customer Value Leadership Award for ambulatory RCM services in 2019. The Waystar platform is used by more than 450,000 providers, 750 health systems and hospitals and 5,000 health plans and integrates with all major HIS and PM systems. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @waystar on Twitter.

Waystar Details

Maximize all sources of revenue, reduce cost and expedite payment with a simplified and unified platform that integrates payment processing across HIS, PM and EMR systems—unlocking unprecedented, actionable insights for improved revenue cycle performance. No matter the size or scope of your organization, we can help you save time and effort so you can get back to helping those who need it most.

Waystar provides next-generation, cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies the healthcare revenue cycle. Waystar innovations remove friction in payment processes, streamlines workflows and improves financials for providers in every care setting, winning accolades like Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012.

Offering continually evolving solutions powered by our advanced AI and RPA platform, Hubble, we support more than 450,000 providers, 750 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans across the country.

Waystar
Louisville, KY
@Waystar

Waystar Videos

Waystar Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Waystar community
Have you used Waystar before?

Waystar Reviews

Showing 95 Waystar reviews
Already have Waystar?
Biller
What do you like best?

Easy to use to send claims and correct claims and find claims. Customer service is always very helpful and gets back to me quickly. I like to be able to create the view when I open up Waystar and get to where I go most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing & Im not sure if its a waystar thing but some of my remits come in more than one together but I really think that is from the payer. Other than that I do not find anything that I really do not like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using way star is very helpful in submitting and correcting claims and even to receive remits and posting them to my program we use for billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we have a claim that rejects we are able to see why and fix it right then and there. When we have something that is rejecting for that we need to let go through Waystar customer service is great at helping out and getting that fixed for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Insurance Collection Analyst
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is organized and easily accessible. Additionally, I am able to easily navigate and see everything about a claim that I need to. Also, I like the fact that there is a proof of timely filing feature , where it is very useful in going back to denied claims from a while ago which insurance may not always wish to address due to the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like all the features so far. Sometimes, I would like if the site was less cluttered. Otherwise, I don't really have any complaints and I love to use Waystar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Waystar to others. This site makes everything from the billing and claims much easier to see and navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Waystar a lot to solve all my problems. I am able to see all the claims that I sent along with all EOBs with timings . This is a big benefit since I won't always have to call into the insurance company or look at the portals. Also, I can get all the information that I need and all the HCFA forms are available for me to see and compare any billing issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Waystar is the third clearinghouse I have used, and they are by far the best. The customer service is outstanding, and so easy to use. No waiting on hold, or being transferred. I just open a case, and then get email notifications when correspondence is made. I don't have time to wait on hold so that is my number one favorite thing, but a close second is how easy the whole website is to use. Super easy to navigate, many useful reports, and lots of ways to search for what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing is that every new functionality (and there are a lot of new functions) comes with a different add on option, which costs more money, and so far none of them come with a trial period to see if the new function works with my workflow. Honestly, that is my only complaint with Waystar, that each new product costs as an add on, with no trial period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used Trizetto for many years, but was never satisfied with their customer service, and they kept losing remits. Their statements were crummy and they would not work with me. I did A LOT of research, and decided to give Waystar (then Zirmed) a try, and I have never looked back. If you are wondering if Waystar can beat the clearinghouse you currently use, the answer is YES! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem I solved with the help of Waystar was patient statements that did not make sense to the patient. I was able to tailor the statements to how I wanted them to read. I worked with a team that helped add and delete to give me a final product that leaves less questions for patients about their balance. And that results in faster payments! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, easy to get support. Claims are easily found, sending replacement and voided claims is done smoothly. If we have an issue, we can get support quickly. Layout of website is nicely put together, searching for something specific is easily done. When you pull up a claim it has every single thing you could need to reference regarding that claim right there and just a click away. I like the pdfs for timely filing we are provided as well, everything just looks very nice and neat. We can get so much done in Waystar and we have loved the transition from our prior clearinghouse. It is so much more better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some things relating to downloads, editing claims, support that can be improved. it would be nice to be able to edit multiple claims in bulk when they have the same reason for rejecting (i.e. taxonomy missing). We have experienced issues getting electronica claims with one payer and we have not been able to get it figured out with support but we suspect it is on the payers end. I would like downloads to be able to accumulate instead of having to download one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take notes on everything, make sure you know how to contact support before hand so you know where to go. Show your employees how to navigate the site all together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting nearly all of our remits electronically is very beneficial. Waystar makes this easy to do. Posting our payments electronically saves so much time and is extremely beneficial for our small dept. We have 15 offices and 3 billing specialists, automation and ease in doing so is prime here. We have had minor claims issues that have been easily solved with support or the community posts. We are able to improve production times which helps with everything else in our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Once payers are in the system, Waystar allows you to immediately know if a correction is needed or claim submitted properly. It keeps the guessing game out of wondering if claims have been sent out. The reporting functions are easy for staff to use and even allows for appeal letters! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike about Waystar. I recommended Waystar to another clinic in our building and they too now use Waystar with the same great results. Waystar runs rings around our previous claims processor. I only wish I was aware of the company sooner. My only negative comment about Waystar would be to bring back the webinars on billing functions and happenings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are the same as above, a great claims processing company that leaves you with confidence they went out properly. A benefit that came with the package we purchased was the appeal letter and ease of reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of correcting claims and ability to print CMS forms. It has a lot of report options. I was able to review ERAs for each claim. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Make sure to read contract!!!! I signed up with Waystar using Valant and the subscription dates do not match up when it's time to cancel. I cancelled my Valant and Waystar account at the same time but because the contract with Waystar said I had to cancel 3 months prior to my term ending I am stuck with paying for Waystar for another year even though I do not use the software. So now my business is out over $1000 due to fine print. You would think that you would be able to cancel Waystar when you cancel the EHR you are using it for. Nope! I originally had written a positive review but after they would not let me out of my contract I am highly dissatisfied. I contacted customer support and was told it's a contract so I have to pay. If you plan on switching you need to know 3 months in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good product just pricey for a one-person practice. Extremely dissatisfied with their contract fine print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Submitting to secondary insurances without any hassle. Easy to correct claims and resubmit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jeremy Melius of Waystar

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to offer your insights.

We're glad you're pleased with Waystar's functionality, and we are happy to walk through any part of our platform with new (or not new!) users. Our in-house support team is always just a phone call away, so feel free to get in touch at 844-592-9782. We will keep working hard to deliver exceptional value for the price.

Thanks again for choosing to work with Waystar!

AM
What do you like best?

Our practice has come to relay on Waystar in so many ways. I do believe that one of the most effective ways, is in boosting our revenue. Waystar shows us in advance where our claim have issues that need attention before going out to the insurance companies, eliminating the denied or timely filing problems that we would otherwise would might not be aware of until it's too late to fix.

We eligibility function is most useful, instead of searching multiple websites for up to date insurance information, it's all in one spot, and easy to use.

Researching claim and seeing EOB's is another function that we use often when we have a dispute with insurance companies.

These are just a few of the many many functions you can find within Waystar that make it a ONE STOP SHOP for any practice who does their own in house billing and wants to keep on top of their revenue and all things related to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally find it have to find something I dislike about Waystar. We have been a client for several years and have never had any problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend Waystar to others. We had been using another company before changing over, and looked at a few different vendors, but none of them compared to the amount of services given that Waystar offered. We made the change a few years ago and have been very happy ever since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Waystar to correct claim before sending to the insurance companies of there are problems .

We review claims when insurance companies request monies be returned for duplicate payments.

We find insurance information and eligibility for patients who either can't find their card or didn't receive it yet from the company. There are also times when we need to know if a child was covered by insurance and who the PCP was on a certain DOS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The ability to review all claims for my providers. When editing a claim it is very easy to see what is needed for review because they highlight the errors. If you have any issues Waystar is prompt in walking you through the solution. I also enjoy watching as our Waystar Pass success reaches 100 percent, this means our office staff is doing everything correctly for a smooth billing process. I appreciate that I can look up Payer information such as electronic submission ID, as this sometimes differs from what is on the patients card. Having access to these ID's ensures claims are being sent smoothly through the system and going to the correct payers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of information that one can access within the program. Only for personal clarity, I would like it to be a little cleaner in the sense that I only want shown what I have access to. So if we do not pay for a certain ability, it does not show up on our account. However, this is a very minimal issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We had previously used Navicure, which was rolled into Waystar, so we didn't shop around. Honestly, I love Waystar. It is extremely easy to use and helps me stay organized for providers and keep claims processed and paid on within a shortened time period. What I love most is that Waystar catches the smallest of details within a claim issue and will explain and show you how to fix the error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payer ID for electronic submissions. Patient insurance identification numbers, if someone has a new plan ID or are no longer eligible Waystar does a great job at catching these errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

customizing the dashboards, i like being able to pin exactly only what i need for my daily work. the ability to take payments and review current payment plans. I also like the ability add, edit, or remove patients from the system. The claims sections works great for me considering my main role is the billing of claims it makes it easier to follow my claims with the insurance company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

looking up remits, it takes too much time manipulating the dates to find one remit or patient. when the date span covers the dates of services needed it still requires you to change the top date to match the exact date of service you are looking for. this takes more time than expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

corrections to my claims, being able to remove or add codes, making notes for re submissions. I like the ability to add notes for the claims as well as archiving. my most liked feature of waystar is the proof of timely filing it creates for you. This comes in handy when I am disputing timely filing denials with the insurance company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jeremy Melius of Waystar

Thank you Lakisha for the review, we’re always looking for ways to improve and appreciate you calling out an area you’d like to see us address.

We’ve taken note of your issue with searching by dates to find information and will keep it in mind as we move forward with future updates. In the meantime, please feel free to call us at 844-592-9782 if you’d like help from our in-house support team.

And thanks for partnering with Waystar!

What do you like best?

I like that the dashboard gives me a quick glance at what my day, week or month has been. All data is extremely searchable. Errors are clear and claims are well organized and formatted for manual entry (if needed) or auto posting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish we had one contact for all of our customer service needs. The customer service is great, and whomever you get is right on top of your needs with proper recall if needed, but you do never know who you might get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not be disappointed. What you see in the demo environment is really as easy as it looks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have fewer employees working in our billing department because of the ease of use and efficiency provided by Waystar. No need for extra benefit payouts. They do it for the same monthly fee. Also when visits slow you are only paying for what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Finance Manager
What do you like best?

I love the way the program is set up, the options available to pull back information are more than enough to find anything you could possibly need. Easy to pull back remittance advices along with specific claims data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The clicks before you get to the program when you sign in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Waystar has the best customer service I have experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CoOwner
What do you like best?

customer service, accuracy of clean claims, ability to pull reports, user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to go through pages of alerts (that may not even pertain to ClearWater) before getting to the screen I need. Our biller uses Waystar more regularly, as an administrator my access is occasional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have fewer claim rejections, and Waystar saves time and frustrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing/EMR Manager
What do you like best?

Easy to use-customer servicehelpful. I like that I can navigate site on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike if I'm being honest. Ever since they took over navicure it has improved and site much better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel like waystar(zirmed) is very user friendly, easy to use, makes billing and managing payments and claims easy. The setup isn't bad and their enrollment team is awesome. I was scared when they took over navicure but honestly it was best thing ever. I love their website and support too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eligibility verification has been great tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

B
What do you like best?

Customer service either by phone or e-mail , fast, and the website easy and user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they will get involved more in ERA and help in setting different insurances with provider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

problem in removing provider from the list, and problem when claim status dont change on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Manager
What do you like best?

The portal is helpful in that fact that you can see your claims coming in and going out. Claim errors are easily fixed within the portal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the messages could go in a more accessible space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes there are payer issues that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate the website and find the information quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything so far that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Waystar or a clearinghouse. They are very easy to work with to get started. The process is seamless. I have been using Waystar for several years now and it has been the easiest clearinghouse I have ever used. The customer support is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Waystar has helped with our timely filing issues. The benefits are endless with Waystar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

First of all the transition from our old clearinghouse to Waystar was very smooth.

The customer service support team is very responsive to our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually can't think of anything I dislike about Waystar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The claims dashboard assists us with rejections and gives us the ability to see patient ID or carrier errors and correct them.

Patient payments is great as we are able to manage our payment plans, as well as, post live payments as they are called in by our patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I love that secondary claim submissions are as easy as a click of the button. No more dropping paper claims and mailing iwith primary EOB. This has reduced our DSO on secondary claims by 25%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many California Medical Group/IPA payers that are not billable through Waystar. Most of your major payers are listed, but the smaller IPA's are not available for eligibility and claims. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using the eligibility function has increased our perfect pass claims by 7%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certified Medical Coder
What do you like best?

The ease of looking up individual patient explanation of benefits and printing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the errors for the electronic claims make no sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick turnaround of claims sent out and payment received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ease of searching claims and uploading batches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not always helpful and their archive button and download buttons are the same color, green. It would be helpful if the archive button was red or something different. I have accidently archived ERAs instead of downloaded because of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their reporting and claims searching is better than our last company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Administrator
What do you like best?

Waystar is easy to use and easy to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We rarely have any issues using Waystart. In the rare instances we've had needing help it's not always easy to communicate with the customer service staff because they don't always understand our industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Claims process easily and having our EOB's come into Waystar makes following up on claims a snap! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The electronic enrollment of payors is a lifesaver! Claims editor and tips are very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Waystar it serves its purpose and definitely meets our billing needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Electronic enrollment of payors has helped get ERAs quickly and the denial/rejection editor has helped us correct claims easier and get paid quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What i like best is that Waystar is very fast and efficient and can be navigated through with simple guides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't liked about this website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I say all organizations should use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I resolve all of the rejections. I realized it is easy to get to a claim remit easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Ease of getting Remits and finding old remits...no more printing EOB's Ability to pull reports of all categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Claim submissions....................... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So much easier to track EOB's and remits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of setting up new payers, Electronic EOB's mean submitting attachments to Payers is quick and easy, and all electronic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.