Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth Reviews & Product Details

Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth Overview

What is Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth?

"Whether digital native or plotting a pain-free path to the cloud, businesses can achieve instant global scale for their communications with our enterprise-grade worldwide voice and messaging network. Our compliant, elastic SIP trunking services and phone numbers deliver fully localized presence on a global scale, on demand, across 93% of the world's economy. It's why we're the voice infrastructure partner of choice for the majority of Leaders in Gartner's Magic Quadrants for UCaaS and CCaaS. Acquired by Bandwidth in 2020, we count among our happy customers Uber, Skype, Zoom, 8x8, Dialpad, NICE inContact, Orange Business Services, Aircall, Telefónica and Serenova."

Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth Details

Carrier-grade CaaS (Communications as a Service) platform and API, for on-demand voice and SMS in 60+ countries so there's no more need for PSTN lines.

2005
Brussels, Belgium
@voxbone

Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth community
Have you used Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth before?

Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth Reviews

Showing 123 Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth reviews
Already have Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth?
EP
What do you like best?

The only thing is probably useful is the web portal, otherwise it is a complete disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have so many problems with Voxbone and if I knew it in advance, I would definitely avoid them, e.g.

- you buy Brazilian phone number but you can not use Voxout for local calls

- porting process takes ages, even in the US. I think they are missing some certifications and therefore they have to ask a number of redundant questions

- The prices are extremely high and do not reflect the value

- etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We aimed to have to have solution that enables us to buy phone numbers and ability to make calls internationally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Voxbone provided instant global reach and a robust network on which to overlay our services. Our scenario is somewhat unconventional when compared to a standard call flow that most customers of theirs are using which caused some teething issues early on but Voxbone were quick to provide a dedicated engineering resource that worked with us over a period of weeks to ensure that the service was operating as expected before we launched with our customers.

Our account manager has been excellent while we've been working with Voxbone, securing competitive rates and being reachable at all hours to help when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Voxbone's commercial model is a bit of an outlier when compared with other players in the market. For instance, there is no PPM option for inbound calls, its channelized billing only here. Outbound calls are also different compared with others, as Voxbone charge for a "channel" as well as PPM whereas others only charge a PPM rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the pricing structure is suitable for your use case, as I said it's a bit of an outlier compared to other players in the field. Everything else is top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone has a global network and a robust service that we have been able to overlay our own product set onto. This has allowed us to broaden the market we're able to reach with our services and also launch services that don't need weeks or months of Engineering resource to get over the line. It's all very simple and has become a key product for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great coverage with a local presence, ease of use, modern portal, and API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Coverage could be even better in Europe for some eastern European countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leveraging their service to offer our SaaS customers good quality VoIP services around Europe and the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s great to hear you love our coverage and portal!

Our coverage team is working hard to expand our footprint. We have an expansive roadmap in the works with some exciting new territories in the pipeline. Thanks again for the 5-star feedback!

EI
What do you like best?

Voxbones 2 way voice connectivity is a game changer in the industry. Before this, real enterprise class SIP Trunking was only available to a few through large deals with major carriers. Their ability to deliver a two-way, total PSTN replacement in over 30 countries, via public internet interconnection and with very low commitments will be a true catalyst to expand cloud communications services outside North America. Voxbone enables UCaaS and CCaaS players like us at Phoneiq.co, to rapidly expand into new markets with a SIP Trunking partner that can deliver true, enterprise grade, PSTN connectivity in a cost competitive manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike really. Our experience went really well so far with them.

Onboarding was simple and once the interconnection is completed, the portal is pretty straight forward.

My one recommendation would be a better API to programmatically manage services and fully integrate our own tools into Voxbone and reduce the need for manual configs from their portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our main problem was having true PSTN Voice Connectivity in countries outside the US & Canada, mainly in Europe. Most SIP Trunking vendors will sell low quality, cheap, international traffic. This will ultimately cause end customers to rant about broken caller id format, non connectivity to non geographic numbers, poor quality and more.

Benefits:

Great Two-way Voice Quality

Caller ID presented in National Format

In Country Routing

Competitive Local Pricing

Connectivity to Emergency Services for Compliance

Connectivity to the entire country Dial plan (including non geographic numbers like short codes and toll free numbers) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Not a single ticket missed.

Every case is resolved in timely manner, the worst time is - end of current business day, some, are <5 minutes.

Make test pcap from web in real time, saves efforts, time and - money.

Clear rules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be considered 'costly', at a glance.

But quality comes with reasonable prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

International reach in single partner.

Single point of contact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Thank you for your 5-star review! We love to hear positive feedback about the team. Our Customer Success Managers work around the clock to ensure they provide the best possible customer experience.

We really pride ourselves on offering a quality service and we're always looking into ways of enhancing our services for our customers.

Thanks, Voxbone.

Provisioning Specialist II
What do you like best?

Voxbone is by far the fastest and easiest Int'l carrier I have worked with to date. Add to that their amazing support staff who are always quick to respond, always genuinely friendly and knowledgeable and you just have an all-around great carrier to work with. I always look forward to doing business with Voxbone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I have been frustrated with lack of clarity on the country restrictions, I have noticed that changes are now being made so that those restrictions are more clear. On top of that, when I DO have SPECIFIC questions, I can open a ticket and a comprehensive & clear response is promptly returned to me defining exactly what I need to know. Again...fast, amazing and so helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I use Voxbone, I am able to provide my end users with fast and reliable solutions to their connectivity needs. When I need extra support to do this, Voxbone is always there to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Head of Provisioning Services
What do you like best?

The portal - We're a little behind the curve with using carrier APIs, so the portal and functionality is very important for us. Here we order numbers, complete legislation uploads, initiate porting, raise faults and configure numbers in a variety of ways. The portfolio of numbers also means we don't need to manage multiple suppliers; this is great for a busy team like mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Losing the number migration ability (this is now all handled via laborious porting form processes) and it costs us far more. Port away charging is way too expensive and that's unfair to the 'partners' you work with. Prepay minutes - this protects Voxbone from risk, but for high volume long standing partners you use, it's pretty backwards to ask for prepay. We have have had 3 outages spanning hundreds of customers due to this mechanism failing. Acquiring consecutive ranges of numbers in painful without a portal. We should be trusted to pull them without an administration charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have some spiky event and marketing customers, so we can safely limit their peak capacity so to not impact other customers or our platform. We can also purchase temporary burst capacity for the real big events when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketer Executive
What do you like best?

Interface of tool is nice and easy to use although the support is slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Commercially, they behave like beasts where they simply increase the normal channel pricing from 8 eur/month to 15 eur/month so by 187% with just 7 days warning period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use them at all they will benefit from the fact your prices are going up to increase them more and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing really. What they propose is available anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Hi Darya,

Thank you for leaving a review!

It’s great to hear you think our portal is simple to use. In true cloud-native fashion, we encourage our customers to be self-sufficient and manage their coverage in real-time. That being said, we have 24/7 NOC support, and our Customer Success Managers work around the clock to ensure we offer the best possible customer experience.

As you know, our coverage is available in over 65 high-value markets through a single SIP connection. The team is working hard this year to expand our footprint, with an expansive roadmap planned for 2020.

You're right that we made some adjustments to pricing for 2020 (both up and down), in line with inflation and varying costs from our suppliers. Our updated pricing structure is designed to benefit our customers as they scale, so the more you spend the cheaper it becomes. We haven’t adjusted our prices for inflation in over a decade, meaning that they’ve declined steeply in real terms.

Our Customer Success team is more than happy to chat through the changes in more detail if you’d like - please don’t hesitate to drop them a line.

Thanks, Voxbone.

Human Resource Generalist
What do you like best?

What I like the most is the speed of purchase of global phone numbers, through its good service and guidance the configuration is done in minutes.

My administration in HR handles high quality with this communication provider.

Your support team is quite useful.

The interface is easy to use so the creation of sub-account and configuration of channels and numbers is possible in a practical way.

Stable lines.

Our permanently accredited shipments and receptions are always secure and up to date due to communication regardless of location. Years of quality, I hope they continue to grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The relation quality-price is good, however they are not the most economic of the market and the demand grows together with providers of communication, there is competition. API continues to grow, but not that fast.

Well, I honestly have no complaints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used Voxbone for more than 6 years, as I have recommended it before and today I do it again, has good coverage, is easy to use and versatile, if you are growing or expanding, you will be very useful too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The service helps me with the quality and efficiency that could be handled by various communication providers in different locations, but the best thing about Voxbone is that I have it all in one, in a compact and reliable way.

This tool has given us a positive impact on savings and time.

I can keep in touch with my distributors easily and securely in order to give you reliability of our quality for the consumption of our customers.

I develop relationships with external sources from our locality nationally and internationally which is demanding the kind of quality I need from a good VoIP source, DIDs and so on, so Voxbone has taken the stature, I'm comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead Manager
Consumer Electronics
What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to have conversations without interruptions to send text messages to coordinate meetings and tasks that we will follow, it also helps me a lot when I travel because it speeds up the power of directives to my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some numbers may fail to send a sms or make a call, so a brief contact with support can fix the problem or replace the defective DID. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful and convenient service, offers DIDs economic and its support is very helpful, also has a website where you can keep track of each DID purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone offers a very good service to our company's contact center but also to our department that demands fresh DIDs from different cities and countries to guide technicians working in different sectors and sections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Relations Director
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

What I like the most is the online platform that allows me to manage the DIDs I buy and get rid of the ones I no longer use, has a very intuitive interface, the numbers it provides are very good quality and allow me to have extensive conversations without interruptions or sound problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has never brought me any problem, I have no complaints about the service provided by Voxbone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very good and stable cloud communication service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It offers a very efficient service that allows me to communicate to different countries with employees and services that hires our company for a better stay of our customers, also our contact center needs this service to be able to survey our customers in different countries always with a very convenient rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative
What do you like best?

I like the service that Voxbone offers because it has a very extended coverage and allows us to relate very well with our customers in other countries, also offers a platform where we handle the DIDs that are in use and eliminate the ones we no longer need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when one buys a DID it comes with call failures, I wish they could be replaced more easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It offers a reliable and convenient call and sms service, and you can try it for free before you buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone offers a communication service based on the cloud very effective, which in our call center sales and customer service is essential because it offers us DIDs at a very convenient price, allows you to send and receive sms and calls with good sound and no matter how extensive they are always stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I like it because it has a very convenient price, good quality DIDs that help me a lot to develop my activities and those of my department, I like your website where I can manage the numbers I buy, allows me to discard the DIDs that I no longer use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints, so far the service has always been excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find it a very efficient and stable service that offers me coverage in countries that I do not get in other similar services, offers a free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone offers me a very good service, with a fairly extended coverage which allows me to have customers in different countries, through a stable network I can make and receive calls, is excellent customer support and the confirmation of your API is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pres
What do you like best?

We've have had DIDs on voxbone for 13 + years. The ability to order DIDs in multiple countries and set them up quickly was unique when we started with them in 2006. The reliability and stability for the most part has been appreciated. The quality has been adequate, and the portal for the most part is reasonably easy to navigate. They were ahead of their time when they started in 2005, and they're service has lowered communication costs overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Beware of their MMC. We've been a customer since 2006. They're contracts / or Monthly Minimum Contract has No flexibility. Our company is scaling back, and were locked into overpaying for DIDs, or having the choice of losing our DIDs and services all together if we cancel or change the current MMC were on. We've been through all the growing pains of voxbone, outages, having to change out DIDs, quality issues, but they've made strides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware of their contracts. There is no flexibility and you'll end up overpaying significantly if your project ends, lose a customer, or have a loss of revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone has allowed consumers and business to communicate worldwide at a fraction of the price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Hi Ryan, we are sorry you feel your experience with Voxbone has been a negative one.

It’s a shame we couldn’t get more than 1 star considering you mentioned our quality, reliability, and scalability.

With regards to our pricing, all terms and conditions are clearly indicated in the contract. These are the standard terms that apply to all our customers.

If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out with any questions.

HR Researcher
What do you like best?

Voxbone I like because it is easy to manage the numbers from your website, has a very functional API and with an easy configuration, quality DIDs always at a good price, allows us to have some prologue conversations for surveys to different parts of the company involved in the process of selection and final hiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has not given me any problems, excellent service, with good features and easy to configure and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Offers a free trial to test if it's the service you need, it's widely used in our call center sales and customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone is one of the best providers of business communication services, providing us with several DIDs a week to perform tasks such as contacting candidates, collecting data, profiles and documents, contacting supervisors, scheduling appointments for job interviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
What do you like best?

1. Ease of use of Voxbone Portal.

2. Long term relationship with Voxbone (we have started in 2008...)

3. First mover on the market in the year 2000 which help us a lot to implement our international business.

4. API interfacing

5. Mobile services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The churn in Account Management is a real problem. We understand that sales people evoluate within or out the organisation, but this is quite not easy. We are thus fixing some problem by directly contacting direct people within Voxbone to fix some issues.

2. The modification and evolution in the pricing model of Voxbone. Nowdays, some "Voice Telco" are reselling Voxbone services... and the make profit based on the price model of Voxbone.. (which is quiet unsual...)

3. For countries with open-numbering services (Luxembourg and Germany), Voxbone didn't support the open-numbering services. We have fixed this problem via a costly implementation with Voxbone LNP team.

4. The business decision to deliver termination traffic. This market is traditionnaly addressed by big players on the market who only provide termination cost. We believe in a strict market segmentation for inbound traffic and termination traffic.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop reselling service.

This is killing the primary business

or with named-resellers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can provide international coverage service to our Voice platform.

Benefits are in multiple services, such as:

- serving bigger organization who has main office in Belgium and branch office in Europe

- adding international coverage to our Conference Bridge platform

- add a key-sales differentiator in our product offering

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QA Analyst
What do you like best?

I like the service offered by Voxbone because it has good coverage and a stable network that allows us to have long conversations without interruptions, allows us to call directly to mobile phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any faults, the calls are always of good quality and the text messages reach their destination quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fairly comprehensive service but lacks more coverage in Asia, allows access to calls with good sound. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone helps us to have a better communication with customers and employees all over the world achieving great savings in communications by allowing you to make calls with good sound or send SMS, allows you to buy DIDs from many Eurozone countries where we have important businesses and programmers who work independently with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operational Manager
What do you like best?

Instant Delivery, Postpaid Payment Options, Online raising support ticket, Instant Revert from the team, Call free for DID Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Admin charges are applied in case of numbers required in a specific format/series. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are still many countries which VOxbone is not serving and we hope that in future they will add countries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In today's fast running economy, everyone requires an instant revert in case of delivery or any problem/ query which VOxbone is able to deliver Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We’re super happy you’re pleased with Voxbone. Good news! Our team is working on adding more countries in 2020.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to your Account Manager.

Senior Product Manager
What do you like best?

Without a doubt, Voxbone's account management and customer-facing teams are the best amongst any provider we deal with. Not only is the account team prompt and responsive, but every facet of their organization (development, product, operations) is able and willing to interact with us when needed and help provide solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps some pricing could be more competitive :)

But even then, the account team is always willing to discuss commercials and find a mutually beneficial solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Voxbone's products are easy to use, their numbers are top quality, their service is unparalleled and they continue to have an impressive development roadmap that will align with your companies growth plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A key value proposition for Dialpad is the ability to rapidly deploy telephony to any customer, anywhere in the World. Voxbone allows Dialpad to instantaneously secure new numbers in a huge number of countries, that are already configured and ready to be used. The robust software interface of the customer portal make the acquisition, configuration and management of numbers and trunks an absolute ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Consultant
What do you like best?

I like it because it offers a stable and economical service, helps improve connectivity with my customers and allows me to buy the DIDs I need for as long as I need, in long calls you never hear interference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some numbers come wrong and one must replace them immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It provides a necessary and economical service, is easy to set up and has a website where you can buy DIDs that are delivered instantly, offers free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voxbone is a software of very good quality, it helps me to keep in touch with all customers in my network through a professional communication, make direct calls to their phones, and also send and receive text messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Voxbone has got very good support and web-portal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We didn't meet any problems in dealing with Voxbone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We reached the international market using Voxbone services together with our services and numbers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Thank you for leaving a 5-star review! We’re pleased to hear that you’re impressed with our customer support and web portal. We’ll pass this feedback on to the relevant teams.

Voice Development Engineer
What do you like best?

The staff are incredibly attentive to any cases that are raised and all cases are dealt with efficiently and with minimum fuss.

The API makes life easy for us and we receive frequent updates via email with regards to any outages or planned works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the option to upgrade trunks without the need to do this in blocks of 10 or allow traffic to burst for a small amount of time per month, outside of those minor gripes I cannot think of any negatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give Voxbone a go even if have your mind set on another supplier as I'm sure you'll be surprised at how easy they make it all, they've never disappointed me and always given straight answers as to their capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are predominantly using international inbound only (an existing carrier recommended Voxbone as they could not do this for us). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Julija Davidovica
What do you like best?

Voxbone network and services expand rapidly; we use geographical, national, mobile and toll-free numbers, and the service is always impeccable. I like user-friendly interface where one can easily set-up numbers, channels, create subaccounts.

API is also available.

We were able to integrate Voxbone mobile numbers with our SMS platform sms.csc.lv That is, all incoming text messages to Voxbone numbers appear on the customer's SMS portal, which is great.

Support team is super helpful, so there are no issues whatsoever in responding to our queries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, really. Self-service portal has easy navigation system, all the issue are solved in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect choice for telco companies that have expanding international market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are a lot of international customers who use incoming calls for their customer support in every country where they provide services. The end-users can call their country's phone number without being billed for international calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Representative
Internet
What do you like best?

Great provider of communication services, you can get fresh numbers at a competitive price which improves the reception of numbers from our human resources call center, it is very easy to manage these numbers from the dashboard of the page because it is very intuitive and correctly deploys the necessary data, also allows a better internal connection for collaboration between employees, also has a very functional API and easy and quick configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past I have had complaints about the interface but they have improved a lot, I don't think I can find anything else that I don't like because it has optimized the performance of the communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While I have not found any flaws I have found that they have an excellent support team and attentive to answer any questions and help those who are starting to use the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has improved the quality of calls to our employees and the receipt of queries and complaints by the call center, giving us access to numbers in several countries which optimizes our communication with remote workers and freelancers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hayley Rodgers of Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth

Thank you for leaving such a great review! We’re glad that we’ve helped optimize the performance of your communications.

And you’re right! We’ve improved our portal and are working on more updates to this in the future. Our customer success managers are on hand to offer the best support possible.