voidtools Everything

5.0

"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything").

Work for voidtools Everything?

Learning about voidtools Everything?

voidtools Everything Reviews

Showing 2 voidtools Everything reviews
Theodore P.

"Voidtools beat me to it."

What do you like best?

This is a really neat utility to have. When I first heard about it, I thought oh, another gadget to junk up my machine. However I gave it a try after a friend prodded me into it.After I installed it, I realized that my preconceived notion was highly incorrect .As it turned out, it is a great utility that acts like a search engine for your PC. What I like best is the speed at which it searches and returns results.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything about this program to dislike however, there is something. and it is not a dislike for me cause this is the limits of the software, if you are searching on emails. It does find them, however as soon as I hit the @ it can get stumped. If I use the less is more strategy,ie, joip, it finds it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend other to give this a go. You can get the installer from their site. Easy to install and also use.It hardly uses any resources. Another good thing, it was free. They do talk about receiving donations, but it i not a requirement,

For us, it is not really solving a business problem. However it is making me more productive in the way that I search for things on the computer.I ran a test to find a file from time to time. it took me about 3 minutes because it was not in the same place I last used it. It took Voidtools 5-6 seconds to find it. So it beat me. It even beat the Windows search

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about voidtools Everything
Brian M.

"Everything is awesome"

What do you like best?

https://www.voidtools.com/ Everything is a great tool.

○It searches instantly, and it indexes 10 TB network drives in a couple minutes (I'm talking about the first time it scans files and makes a search index, or if you change settings). Windows search takes hours or days to create an index. The key difference is Windows search can be set up to search inside files. But the vast majority of the time people are searching on filename, and that is where Everything shines.

○ I forget where some files are stored now, because instead of going through folders I just search a few keywords, and boom I'm there.

○ It can be set to keep track of the size of folders (which is another thing Windows is terrible at).

○ It is free.

What do you dislike?

○ Could be easier to set up for multiple users and computers.

○ Some of the default settings don't make sense, some of the best stuff is turned off. For example: double click on path to open that folder.

○ The advanced search settings are perhaps overly complex, but great to have when you want to create an unusual search.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The creator is active on the forums https://www.voidtools.com/forum/ And he is working on updates.

Search becomes useful again, instead of a time waster. Way easier to find and correct all copies of an old company document. I wish powerful search tools were more commonly a part of software, and websites.

What Desktop Search solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of voidtools Everything for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

X1 Search Logo
X1 Search
4.8
X1 Search is a search and productivity application that simplifies the way business professionals search and act upon desktop files, remote file shares, emails, SharePoint data and more.
Agent Ransack Logo
Agent Ransack
Agent Ransack is a free software program for finding files on your PC or network drives. It is a lite version of FileLocator Pro and is a free for both personal and commercial use.
Alfred Logo
Alfred
Alfred is an app for Mac OS X designed to boost efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and others.
Listary Logo
Listary
Listary is a search utility for Windows that makes finding your files and launching applications blazing fast, for casual and power users alike. Listary integrates with your favorite tools such as Total Commander, Directory Opus, XYplorer, Xplorer2, WinRAR, FileZilla and many more for power users.
Copernic Desktop Search Logo
Copernic Desktop Search
3.5
Copernic Desktop Search is an alternative to Windows Search and allows users to centralize their document, file and email searches in one interface.
Lookeen Logo
Lookeen
3.5
Outlook add-on offering fast search within mails, attachments, contacts, tasks, and appointments in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enterprise search environments.
Launchy Logo
Launchy
4.9
Launchy is a free cross-platform utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager. Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes
SearchMyFiles Logo
SearchMyFiles
SearchMyFiles is an alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows. It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size.
DocFetcher Logo
DocFetcher
3.8
DocFetcher is an Open Source desktop search application: It allows you to search the contents of files on your computer.
AstroGrep Logo
AstroGrep
5.0
AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows grep utility. Grep is a UNIX command-line program which searches within files for keywords. AstroGrep supports regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recently used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.

Learning about voidtools Everything?

* We monitor all voidtools Everything reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.