Voices Reviews & Product Details

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We used voices.com to find a voice actor for an informational video we were filming. We went in looking for an actor and came out with a very professional clip of our video Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing was how easy it was to post and get auditions back from a multitude of different actors. We had over 60 options within 2 days. They also have a really great "shortlist" system. We could add the actors we were interested in to a shortlist and then share them with our team so people could anonymously vote on the one they liked the best. It was so simple to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't figure out how to sort the voices by most recent submission. It was hard to remember who I had listened to because it kept auto-sorting and I wasn't sure what the system was Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely use them for your voiceover needs! A fast turn-around with a lot of really good options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nadia our voice artist and voiceover.com made it so easy to create a professional sounding video without having to go to a studio or buy a nice microphone. The whole thing was done over email/the voices.com platform. We just needed to pick the voice we liked best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julia Letts of Voices

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed how easy it is to create a job posting, get auditions quickly, and hire voice talent.

We appreciate your comments about sorting by newest. We're always improving our platform and we will pass this concern along to our Product team to look into for future updates and enhancements. Thank you again - we really appreciate it.

Voices Overview

What is Voices?

Founded in 2005, Voices.com is the largest global online marketplace for audio and voice over products and services comprised of more than half a million business clients and voice actors. Its flagship website, https://www.voices.com, records approximately two million unique visitors annually and has enabled over 300,000 transactions to date. Headquartered in London, Canada, the company employs more than 120 people and has clients and voice talent in 160 countries.

Voices Details
Discussions
Voices Community

Voices is an online project management tool for creative producers to search for, audition and hire professional voice-over talent.

Voices
2003
London, Canada
@voices

Answer a few questions to help the Voices community
Have you used Voices before?

Voices Reviews

Showing 17 Voices reviews
Location
Already have Voices?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had a specialist chat with a voices.com advisor, Cameron Pocock, about how I can maximise my usage of the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a radio specialist, I was very impressed by Cameron's in depth knowledge of the audio world and by his on point suggestions and questions. I feel so much more confident about making the most of site following our discussion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The call was arranged well in advance and Voices dot com sent me reminders. Cameron has since followed up on the call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julia Letts of Voices

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you feel so much more confident after your Talent Success consultation! Thank you again - we truly appreciate it.

IT Project Management Office
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Getting set up and tips for success Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cameron was prepared and ready with ideas and tips customized to me. And they were all spot on and constructive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sincerely there was nothing negative in the conversation or content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Absolutely schedule and follow through with the consultation. It will help you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just getting more familiar with the platform and how the most successful artists use it. Very helpful tips for how to make the most of my membership. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julia Letts of Voices

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with your Talent Success consultation and that you recommend it to others! Thanks again - it is much appreciated!

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Voices.com has helped me to launch my fledgling voiceover career. The consistent job opportunities has helped me to practice auditioning and to become a better artist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The client success team is wonderful!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some are given priority over jobs which can give those newer to the site a disadvantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be sure to give yourself some time before expecting to get any work off of Voices.com. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am connecting with new clients I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to connect with otherwise. I am able to audition for a wide variety of gigs and acquaint myself with client needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julia Letts of Voices

Thank you for leaving this review! We appreciate the positive feedback and are so happy to hear we've played a part in launching your voice over career, including connecting you to new clients and opening up opportunities to audition for a wide variety of jobs! Thank you again - we really appreciate it.

Creative Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Auditions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Range of information was a surprise. I got a lot out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wasn’t happy with the rate in which my auditions were being heard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Use the evaluative service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julia Letts of Voices

Hi Duston,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We know how frustrating it can be when your auditions aren't being heard, but we're so happy to hear your Talent Success consultation was so helpful and that we were able to provide feedback to improve future auditions.

Thank you again for leaving this review and recommending our services!

Brand Advisor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Needed a rush voiceover for a client's national sales meeting video that was approaching quickly (within 2 weeks.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the built-in pipeline for projects, ability to add team members to review and help pick their favorite talent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In order to share VO samples externally you need to pay a $10 fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be as descriptive as possible when listing your job. I could have avoided some back and forth with our VO actor if I had been more descriptive in the job listing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

dad
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

A question about projects handled by Voices.com and who is giving the "thumbs up". And what roll does Voices play in the complete project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Barbara is quick in replying, but its more than that. She took the time to read my email and gave a thoughtful reply. Her replies were never scripted customer service lines - I hate those. Also quick reply to my follow-up emails. And only ended the email exchange when I was done with all questions. Very professional and personable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing except this minimum character requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I am relatively new to voice over work, and this site made it easy to get up and running. I have had 8 or 9 jobs so far and I am refining my skill set. Voices also has an easy to navigate interface, that allows for easy changes and personal profile management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It helped us locate a voice actor without having to post multiple add throughout the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their website is easy to use, customer service is amazing and the response within the hour of asking a question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't I dislike about this company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Just make sure you have a plan and know who and why you are looking for before you signup. It's better to make notes before Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voice Over Artist
Broadcast Media
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am one of the voice talents on voices.com and there have been several instances when I needed some assistance dealing with one issue or another and when Barbara has been the one to help me, she has always done so quickly, professionally and is always asking if there is anything else I need. When there is some issue to be addressed, I know I can depend on Barbara to help me find a solution and she sticks with me until it's solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Barbara is friendly and very prompt! I have worked with a variety of people on the voices.com team when I have an issue pop up or a question. Many times Barbara has been the one to respond to my situation and every time, it has been a fantastic experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, I haven't found anything I dislike yet.... and I probably never will. :) So far, everything that I've experienced with Barbara has been positive. The only thing that I could mention is that it would be lovely if she had a chair next to mine when I'm working so I could ask her anything I wanted at any time. However, since email works so quickly, it's almost like that already, just without her physical presence. Hahahaha! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voicing for Telephone Prompts for MegaMates
Libraries
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Colleen gave excellent content for helping improve my profile & success. Her communication skills are in the higher echelon & talking with her helped me understand what i can do right away. Helped increase my profile demos by correcting my # of styles & all details in each demo. Explained how to do more demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That i got results right away. 2 days later I rec'd a private audition & my demo views went up by 1=69. Then on Mon to 74 & mid week 77 views. Never before have i had this much increase. Her answering follow-up ?s impressed & encouraged my profile. She is one of the reasons I decided to renew. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I never heard of this service & before that i was a member for 2 years. It was just before my expiry that i became aware. This service should be explained when anyone signs up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Ask for an interview with Colleen Success mgr. It is well worth the time & she gives full value & takes time to explain it in detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

great tool to help hire for voice over and is an excellent place to book a lot of work. As someone who needs to hire voice over work for my marketing projects, this is a great place to meet freelance talent as well as work with the voice team to get more projects through Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

love the ease of use and how well you can find talent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing really - its been fantastic for my ad agency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Need a voice over for a presentation for someone who spoke non standard English. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ease of use and it was an intuitive process Overall quality of the voice- was very professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

cost. Would have liked a lower cost. It was difficult to justify the cost in a University with budget constraints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

a good choice for an interesting challenge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

With Voices.com, you can get a wide range of voiceover talent delivered to your email inbox. It's an easy solution instead of searching the web for voiceover talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to go through the various talents easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price. Many of the talents were out of my price rante. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I needed to adjust something and reached out to customer service. Barbara Osei helped solve the problem and was so nice, fast, and effective. She was great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Voices.com is so easy to work with and the are fast and friendly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult for me to make the adjustment on my own, so I had to reach out to their team. But they fixed it quickly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Voices.com is a great service and the staff is friendly and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had used a voice-over talent from a number of years ago and was having trouble getting a hold of that talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I reached out to Barbara Osei, Support Associate and within less than an hour we had located the voice-over talent and I had an audition sample to listen to. She was extremely helpful. I'm in the process of getting my project completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to get a hold of the voice-over talent the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One Mime At A Time
Entertainment
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I joined voices.com a couple of months ago and during that time Barbara has been extremely helpful in answering questions that I've had with jobs and clients. She has always gotten back to me quickly and been willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

She is very quick to respond and answers thoroughly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I needed a voice over and I messed up the project parameters—Barbara to the rescue—she fixed it and saved me from myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it’s Easy and affordable. It’s pretty awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing yet—so far so good. I’ll keep you posted as I encounter things that I think could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

do it—you will not regret it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Voice Over Artist
Broadcast Media
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had 2 occasions to speak with Kelly on two different issues, and she was incredibly helpful, especially helping me with tags in my profile which by the way were non existent, and today she cleared up a question I had on payment. Every effort should be made to retain this individual, she is a definite blessing to your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

everything she helped me with was exactly what i needed, even though I didn't know I needed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing, as I said above everything she did for me was great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.