4.7

VNC Connect enables you to remotely access and control your devices wherever you are in the world, whenever you need to. VNC has a widespread user base from individuals to the world's largest multi-national companies utilizing the technology for a range of applications.

Work for VNC Connect?

Learning about VNC Connect?

VNC Connect Reviews

Ask VNC Connect a Question
Showing 265 VNC Connect reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VNC Connect
VNC Connect review by John E.
John E.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

VNC Connect review by Rebeca G.
Rebeca G.

"remote access software"

What do you like best?

The program allows the remote connection from the comfort of the house to a team in the office or anywhere in the world with the purpose of making a support as if you were in front of the team.

In particular it is used to make technical support at a distance by simply including the IP address or the name of the team and take control of the team.

VNC is cross-platform can be installed on Windows, Linux, macOS, Raspberry Pi and other platforms. It is composed of two installers VNC Server and VNC Viewer. The first is the one that is installed in the end-user computers, that is, the equipment that will be controlled, the second one allows you to take control.

The advantages of VNC is that it is easy to use and implement by GPO policies, it does not need user intervention, it can be used in the cloud, it allows file transfer, printer sharing and even has a chat module, in addition to before mentioned is totally safe using an encryption of at least 256 bits protecting from end to end the connections that are made.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have no problem with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing to envy the competition, I think an indispensable tool in the area of technology and compared to the competition stands alone.

The problems we have solved with the tool is to have a remote connection tool that allows us to take control of each team of the company to perform technical support not only locally in the company but also in branches nationwide.

VNC Connect review by Santiago R.
Santiago R.

"Remote access in the internal network with VNC"

What do you like best?

VNC is a remote access tool that allows us to take control of computers with PC, laptop, from different platforms, be it Windows, MAC, Linux. The difference imposed by vnc is not necessary to have access to the internet, it only needs that the computers are in the same network and are connected, by placing the IP address of the equipment we will have access with a computer remotely, the remote access experience is more pleasant since we work with the bandwidth of the equipment and the transmission medium.

What do you dislike?

With my time of experience using VNC I have not had problems. Occasionally, when accessing one or two computers simultaneously, access to the internet in the other computers degrades since vnc access does not consume the Internet but generates a large amount of traffic on the network and causes this delay in the network.

With the help of VNC, the supports we provide to the company are made more easily, since from our jobs we can take access to the equipment that is in our network and apply the corresponding solutions.

VNC Connect review by Cesar P.
Cesar P.

"Remote access tool without internet connection"

What do you like best?

The remote accesses are fundamental when we work in the support department of any company, the problems of the remote access of the equipment is that the majority require an internet access, this is not the case for the accesses through the VNC software that is they can access the equipment that is in the same network without the need of having an internet connection, it is enough to place the IP address in the viewer and accept the access and we will take control of the desired equipment.

What do you dislike?

The configuration mode of VNC as it is client and server is a bit tedious because you have to download two different files to establish the connection where the computer we want to access should be the server and the person who is going to connect should install the viewer.. Access by VNC will congest the internal network and because it handles protocols and bandwidths of the network equipment, since this traffic exists over the internal network they also consume the width for the equipment that is or needs to download data from the Internet.

with the help of the application of this remote access software, we offer a support service to equipment that is in our same network and link or the connection between the equipment works without the need of the intenert. Access is much more fluid than Internet access software because it uses the bandwidth of network ports and cables.

VNC Connect review by Francis S.
Francis S.

" Easy, fast and secure connection tool in a LAN network"

What do you like best?

Very good tool for remote connection in an internal LAN network. Excellent tool for fast connection, configurable for connection through a pre-established password through an ip or computer name within the same network, visually adjustable when connecting to a computer, sharing network resources, compatible with platforms such as Thin Client (HP) equipment. As user or recipient of connection, exception through firewall, secure connection, remote assistance or only visual, establishment of global permissions, enable or disable mouse and keyboard for incoming connections, quick view of computer identification for remote connection.

What do you dislike?

In general terms, fast basic tool to use, fast and safe remote connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect solution to give remote support in an internal network, fast and easy to use.

Where I work, is the main tool to support internal users in the company, fast connections to equipment already properly identified if not, displaying the shortcut of the vnc in the background can see the computer's ip. Pre-established configuration by network administrators, easy and fast remote support.

VNC Connect review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Great tool for support and remote desktop"

What do you like best?

VNConnect (RealVNC) is an application to connect remotely with other computers that use a client or server that implements the VNC protocol, in my case I used RealVNC for everything since it was included in the license.

Personally I found it a very useful tool that allows a very good quality of visualization without consuming much bandwidth and also running smoothly, this is something I could not achieve using other remote desktop applications so I obviously use RealVNC whenever possible. The management of the application can also be done through its website where we can also configure the equipment that uses our license or check our profile and billing data.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I've found though is not something 100% RealVNC problem is that some computers are giving me problems to make a connection between a computer running Windows and another running Linux, for some reason the connection fails immediately, seems to be a firewall problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that before buying the product you make use of the trial version that RealVNC offers on its website, there are 30 days in which you can check the operation of the application without any limitations. I also recommend that if you have problems with the connections check the firewall because in some version of windows there may be problems if you have your firewall configured to block all traffic.

Due to my work I need to connect remotely to different client or family teams to perform technical support tasks or repair problems with their operating systems, with this application I can help them quickly and without being physically present.

VNC Connect review by Angel Q.
Angel Q.

"VNC, SUPPORT CLOSER TO YOU"

What do you like best?

Too good the tool, to connect instantaneously to the other PCs, guarantees that it is of maximum level, in the same way you can copy and transfer any file from one machine to another, it is a tool of maximum performance to sustain a connection without interruptions to cause of it. It is a totally recommended tool. Thanks to her she has made the support easier

What do you dislike?

I do not like it, you have a maximum of three attempts to enter a remote PC. I do not like it since you have to wait for the regulatory time of several minutes to pass and then enjoy the same, in that lapse of work, client and credibility, likewise I can continue working, but the response times in this aspect are not very good ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a totally guaranteed tool, to work at any time, I recommend it so that you can use it in your work environment, you will see that it guarantees the security of it.

I have solved several cases of support through the tool, I have even been able to connect the team to monitor the red links, what we like the most as the tool, has saved me from several questions in it, for the company, even the clients or users, They have liked the tool because it is easy to manage

VNC Connect review by Joe A.
Joe A.

"Recently switched from competitor...and I'll never go back!!!"

What do you like best?

RealVNC makes the process very simple and easy to understand. The application allows me to keep a list of all the users I need to support in my office which makes connecting much quicker. And VNC Connect is a fast and secure method of remoting into my desktop from outside of the office. What I love the best is that I can use this on Linux without any special modifications. It just works!

What do you dislike?

I have been using RealVNC and VNC Connect for some time and have not found anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect works with Linux, is simple to use and incredibly secure using two factor authentication. I expect that I will be a long term subscriber with RealVNC and do not ever see going anywhere else!

The problem I was trying to solve is being able to remote into my Linux desktop from the outside world. Not only does RealVNC solve this problem easily, it is also affordable!

VNC Connect review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"Very happy with how everything is working"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and easy to use. The app runs well and connects well whenever its being used. Very happy with have it has worked out for me.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a little much. But I think it is a competitive price. The hand controls could use an upgrade. And better marketing would be better because it took me a while to find this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this app its exactly what you want it to be and do

I use it for my greenhouse business so I can connect to the greenhouse controls computer and then can change and look at things from anywhere, instead of always having to go to the computer. Its especially nice when their are alarms. I can check and see if its a big problem or if it can wait. I would get a call to my phone saying their are greenhouse alarms and not be able to know what it is but now I can connect and see.

VNC Connect review by Marina S.
Marina S.

"clear design, fast service, stable, fair prices"

What do you like best?

The clear useabilty is one of the most things i love at realvnc. I´ve switched from another application and i ´m very pleased with it. This at lower pricepoint is a huge timesaver every day.

Because of my differnt plattforms i know that it´s a big point. that all works without crashing.I don´t like, that i had to pay for my additional private Rasperry pi´s wich are only for smart home .

It feels on my i Pad like a windows / Full Mac experience, so that this takes the 12.9 iPad to the next level of using. What is really usefull is that after the session the workstation is not log out like my last solution. This a the next timesaver wich i really love.

What do you dislike?

it´s almost perfect for me, but i only use it for about 3 Computer in a small business.I don´t like, that i had to pay for my additional private Rasperry pi´s wich are only for smart home .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, it´s really timesaving

I use it for a ceantral printing station and on the road to get connected with my mac.

Even on my iPad Pro 12.9 it is a great advandtage to get connected and work really well on my Mac, not even for emergency puposes.

This is a much less expensive solution against buying my printing software 3 Times if i use it only once semmless.

VNC Connect review by Hector L.
Hector L.

"Excellent software for remote desktop access"

What do you like best?

I just purchased a Professional year subscription and love the easy way to work with RVNC, for sure I recommend it 100% for remote desktop access. I like it to be secure, very easy to use and offers a very fast connection to my office PC's Desktop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software tell me that RVNC is not currently istening for Cloud connections and I have to ask someone to close and reopen the VNC Server in my office's PC and the problem is solved, but hope there is an update that can solve that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check prices, security and reliability of all the possible suppliers and you will see that RVNC is the best option, It is ver easy to use and runs very smoothly. If you want a reliable, secure and fast remote desktop connection software, RVNC is for you.

I connect to my office computer from home or business trips with my laptop.

I don't have to be at my office or call a colleague to get information from my PC, I can easily connect to it via RVNC and get the information I need right away.

VNC Connect review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Great but could always use some work"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect to users in a separate office via the internet with no tunnels needed between offices. Also love the team view of all my machines with the ability to rename them. Saving passwords is nice as well with the new viewer. Also the interface seems to be a bit more modern which is always nicer on the eyes yet everything is still easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that the new VNC connect/viewer perfers the WAN connection over a LAN connection. Have many machines on a LAN and also a MPLS connection that used to go over those pipes instead of going out to the internet and then connecting to the remote machine that way. Also i wish the VNC viewer was bundled with VNC Connect so that we could just install one package on each machine opposed to 2. It is nice for our users to have the viewer on their PC in case im on their machine and need to login to another machine from that users desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Way better and easier to use than other solutions that provide RDS services over the web. This allows for local and remote use without the need of tunnels between offices. Also opposed to RDS, the user can see what you are doing which makes remote support much much easier.

We had an office in PCB FL USA that was hit hard by the last storm. We were unable to get an internet connection with static/public IP addresses so VNC Connect fixed the remote support problem by using the internet for VNC and not relying on direct connections.

VNC Connect review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"No other remote desktop app compares VNC Connect"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use user interface. Reliable connection and easy cloud & lan set up.

What do you dislike?

Some of the simple changes are classed as "expert" and overly difficult to locate. For example changing which monitor/screen you want to display on remote screen, while not too difficult to do, would be something that I would like to do more readily, as a quicker menu option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better remote desktop software in my opinion. It's versatile, easily scalable and comes with a ton of useful features.

Remote control of our screen A/V system. Allows anyone to connect to the system internally or externally to the network and troubleshoot issues easily and readily. We have a comms room with multiple mac mini's in the distribute images to projection, TV screens around the building and to our IMAG system. We can connect from anywhere in the centre to amend, control and set up images. Without this we'd spend all day running between locations to make simple changes. Quite simply, it's saved hours of my life!

VNC Connect review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"Excelent Remote service."

What do you like best?

With Real Vnc I can tap into my work from home without actually bringing it home with me. I design large CAD assemblies that require a lot of space. Trying to transfer files from one system to the next is time consuming. With Real Vnc I just log into my system and I'm off and running right where I left off. No hassles to deal with.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is much to dislike about the software. It's user friendly and simple to access either from home or on the go with the mobile app. Now if I could utilize my space mouse from my remote computer that would set this software on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product if you are looking for a secure remote software.

Being able to pick up my work right where I left off is the best part about it. Like I said before, large files don't transfer easily so Real Vnc makes things much more managable.

VNC Connect review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Fantastic customer service on top of a great product!"

What do you like best?

Not only does Real VNC cost substantially less than their competitors, it is extremely easy to install and use. The customer service was excellent, with Richard answering my queries quickly and in detail through email and telephone conversations.

The restrictions for access to certain computers is fantastic. Such a simple idea but very useful where sensitive data is concerned. There is also no cap on the number of users that can be registered in my "Team" which is ideal for the work I conduct. We have many users that require off-site access to our facilities. I enjoy the different teams that can be set up - this allows me to quickly add users to have access only to the correct computers.

What do you dislike?

Current versions not compatible with older Linux operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting in contact with a representatitive at Real VNC as I had a pleasant experience with lots of helpful advice.

The trial is a great idea to see if Real VNC will work for you. When we purchased the subscription it was a seamless transition.

We use multiple computers for the operation of imaging machinery in a clean facility. Weekly Quality Assurance checks are required and can now be performed with a coffee at my desk rather than "suiting up" and entering the facility. This is very convenient and allows for a better Monday!

We can give users remote access to a computer with specialist software for the analysis of their data. As our University is split into 3 different campuses, this means users do not need to spend time and money on travelling to our site.

We can restrict access per each user, ensuring they only have access to the machines that they are permitted to use. This is especially useful for sensitive data.

VNC Connect review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"VNC Works and is Affordable"

What do you like best?

The product works and is affordable. Being able to respond to a request for help by opening up a VNC Connect session is priceless. No more unnecessary travel to the client's location for a 5 minute solution. Being able to have multiple sessions running simultaneously greatly improves efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much has come up that I don't like.

I started using VNC Connect last year when a client I had been working for a while needed more support as well as the ability to allow their staff to work remotely on occasion. I looked into the competition along with VNC Connect. I found that for providing remote support which includes installing software, managing updates and subscriptions as well as instruction VNC had all the features I needed and and had robust administration tools. All of my requirements have been fulfilled by VNC Connect. On top of satisfying the client, I also found VNC Instant Support would solve my own needs for supporting occasional and new clients.

VNC Connect review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great Remote Service software for a great price!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect to a clients device and leave NO program besides a disposable .exe file. So far it’s proved to be a very efficient program and super easy to use. It gets passed firewalls when I remote from work using my phone and connects fairly fast. I love the program aka Viewer how it gives you your internal computers then allows you to instantly support others up to three devices and cross platform. Beautiful website but complex.

What do you dislike?

The website was kinda of confusing as others have said I just contacted the sales team and they gave me the break down that CONNECT is the Server that administers the connection but it runs in the background and the VIEWER is the one that you would use to actually connect/see other devices and connect either internally or via instant support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your looking for an affordable and reliable Remote Service for either Personal or Business get Real VNC. It would be your best decision possible since making your business or small start up.

It’s simple to guide people to download the disposable app and then to connect to my clients. I’m solving issues from cleaning out OS’s to being connected for literally half a day to solve an Office installation via 365 problem.

VNC Connect review by Aaron Chaim D.
Aaron Chaim D.

"Very user friendly system"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is very easy to set up and use. the prices are very competitive and affordable compared to their competition. I tested four other systems over a three month period and RealVNC came out tops on all counts.

Support is really good, they come back to you usually same day or quickly the next day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way it ummm well, the only thing i can think of is when logging in to a computer with multiple monitors. It treats them as one big screen. Besides that, nothing to not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT!!! The pricing structure is great, as you pay per computer and not per connection. It is good value for money.

If you're connecting to a PC with two or more screens, you may have to disable one of them, as it can get confusing. That is unless your two screens are the same size.

I work for a few clients and can't be everywhere at the same time, so i need to log in to a client from another client's office or from home.. It's perfect for that. I have saved travel time and am able to give answers to people much quicker.

VNC Connect review by Oscar A.
Oscar A.

"The right tools, the right price"

What do you like best?

I work from home, as many of you do. It seemes like companies have systematically decided to ignore this reality and they try to push remote control systems with a bunch of useless features and put a super expensive price tag. VNC connect does not do this, it gives you a fair price with the tools you need to work from home without so much clutter. I love how logical the UI is, that I can separate my home-use account from my work account, and how configurable is.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the remote connection can be improved, I wouldl ike to see different screen in different windows and remote blank screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering VNC to replace Teamviewer or the ilogically priced LogmeIn, do it. You might think the 1-window-2-screens is complicated, it isnt. The window scales perfectly when maximized (as long as both your screens are the same size) It is worth the change, and after a few days using it you will love it

Working from home to connect to my company computer so that I don't need to bring anything from my office to my home desktop, I can simply close VNC and I'm back to my work-free enviroment.

It lets me connect from any device, even mobile, and I don't need to pay super expensive licenses for a mobile client

VNC Connect review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Use VNC to access & use SoildWorks on my Work Computer from anywhere."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the ease of setup, and the simple way you use REAL VNC...it is almost transparent. It is a great way to collaborate with remote consultants and sub-contractors. It is very robust and secure.

What do you dislike?

Well if there is anything to complain about REAL VNC it can be the cost. If they could reduce the cost it would definitely be appreciated. But at the same time what you get for the cost is very acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access your work computers through a cost effective secure virtual network VNC is the application for you.

I can work from anywhere using my SolidWorks and any other programs installed on my work computer. Like wise I can be at work and my employees can work and access all the CAD files for collaboration on various projects

VNC Connect review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"Efficient Workstation Interaction on Plant Floor"

What do you like best?

Realtime screen interactions with various Windows 10 and WinCE systems from iOS devices.

Delightful connection setup experience. Computers should always be this easy to connect.

Extremely useful screen rendering and interaction. My workstation is two high definition screens wide, and this product lets me move around that information from a lightweight device as I personally move around a sprawling automation system on a plant floor.

What do you dislike?

At the RealVNC website, product choices and ordering options were hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try the free demo! I tried several products this way, and RealVNC stood out with ease of setup, ease of use, and remarkable realtime screen information.

As an automation consultant, I work with systems that may sprawl over hundreds of square feet and may have multiple vertical levels. VNC Connect makes it possible for me to interact with my Windows 10 workstation while quickly roaming around a system carrying only an iPhone or an iPad. I can make adjustments at the control point without carrying my laptop to that location--- which I used to do!

VNC Connect review by Sander R.
Sander R.

"Remote access couldn't be easier with RealVNC."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, multi-platform, reliable, comprehensive online user management, very fair pricing. These are just some keywords that go with RealVNC. It responds exactly to our needs without any additional clutter and having used it now for some time I would highly recommend it to everybody looking for a secure, easy and affordable remote connection solution.

What do you dislike?

For now I have not been able to find anything during our daily use that would need improvement. Keep up the good work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! RealVNC is THE solution for your remote desktop/support needs and I would definitely recommend it over any other solution out there on the market (especially TeamViewer). If you are stuck and need their support don't worry they are very responsive.

We provide support on our products and RealVNC enables us to remotely connect to our SCADA environments to diagnose problems, control and restart our installations without the need to be physically present which can require travelling for 1000s of kms and hours of lost time. This is not only beneficial for us but for the client as well as he increases production (less downtime) and thus more operational income.

VNC Connect review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Glitch free remote access"

What do you like best?

There are several things that are very good about this software. 1) It works as if you were actually on the computer, meaning it doesn't use a RDP connection. If you have specialty software that won't function using RDP (due to licensing), this is your best option. 2) Others can connect to the same system at the same time. It doesn't kick the first remote user off. This can be used for training or troubleshooting, etc. It notifies you when someone else connects. 3) There are options to allow internal connections and/or external connections. You're able to block internet users from access if you wish, and simply use it within your internal network.

What do you dislike?

If you want to use this for just remote access, the pricing structure will seem high. It would be nice to eliminate some features to reduce the cost if you're only looking for a simply remote solution. Also, the pricing is based on jump points and not per computer. It will go from one PC to three PC's as the next option. What if you only want two? Well, you end up paying for three instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you review all the options they offer with their pricing. If possible, contact them to see if they can custom build a package for your needs.

The reason for this software as a "solution" to our problem was a licensing limitation with Remote Desktop. This software doesn't work the same way, and allows us to access everything on the system we need to without any glitches.

VNC Connect review by Olaf H.
Olaf H.

"greatly superior remote connection software solution at reasonable price"

What do you like best?

This interface is extremely easy to use and highly intuitive, both for the technicians and for the admin staff. Admin staff has complete control over who has what level of access and to what computers. Two-factor authentication for all technician staff is very easy to add on and use. The cloud connectivity provides extremely solid (and fully encrypted) connections even over very demanding environmental conditions (e.g. a computer on a truck on a railroad in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Canada or Mexico, in an area where the driver has no cell service). The fact that the system effectively combines the functionality of both GoToAssist (which require remote user cooperation to setup the connection) and other systems like UltraVNC (which allow direct connection with no remote user present) is also a nice money saver in the long run.

What do you dislike?

The File Transfer interface is the only non-intuitive part of the program: it makes sense from a programmer point of view but not from an end user point of view. Once one gets used to how it works, it's not at all difficult to use, and it's also not hard to see why it's implemented the way it is, but the fact that there's any learning curve to it at all is a jarring disconnect from the exceptional ease of use and simplicity of the rest of the interface - and I can think of some pretty easy ways to make it cleaner and more foolproof. (Where is RealVNC's Web site for reporting such OFIs, BTW?) My only other minor complaint is again with the file transfer interface: if the connection is broken for any reason, the transfer attempt has to be started all over from scratch. For a multi-Gb file over a spotty transmission, this can be annoying. Nevertheless, the advantages of the rest of the system far outweigh these minor inconveniences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this one! Any other comparable solution will probably require two or more products and probably won't have all of the same features. And it's hard to picture anything easier to use.

One very minor caveat: If you typically need to transfer multi-Gb files to/from remote locations, on a regular basis, then you may want to use a more specialized system for that specific purpose. (See main review for details.)

For the first time ever, we can remotely support software on a fleet of field trucks all over North America no matter where they are, while also being able to provide state of the art security for those remote connections.

VNC Connect review by Andrew O.
Andrew O.

"It just works! Simple remote connections"

What do you like best?

With VNC our IT staff can assist end users or connect to unattended workstations and interact directly as if they were at the console--seeing exactly what is on the screen. In addition, the connections are fast! Installation and setup within any environment is quick and simple, and does not add overhead.

Recent improvements to the product include a viewer interface that allows you to retain a directory of connections, making it even easier to support hundreds of terminals.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. We have been using RealVNC for at least 10 years and have no complaints.

Our IT department can support remote branch employees while seeing and interacting with their computer exactly as it appears to the remote worker. They are logged in, and can interactively work through issues--all through a very simple to administer solution.

VNC Connect review by Alice P.
Alice P.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The software was relatively easy to set up. The interface is easy to use even across various platforms. Secure connection.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't much I can say negatively regarding the software. If you are going the online server the connection is very easy. If you are wanting to set up a direct connection it's a little trickier, but the online information does a fairly good job at walking you through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access your system and/or files remotely VNC makes it easy. I've even been able to access & send files from my phone... a little challenging with a small screen but being able to do it meant I had a happy client.

It allows me to be accessible regardless of my physical location. There are day's I'm unable to get to the office or access files on my work computer, but with VNC it's like I'm sitting at my desk - because I am. It's easy to use & lets me solve my clients' problems regardless of where I may be.

VNC Connect review by Gabriel R.
Gabriel R.

"Remote access through VNC"

What do you like best?

Remote access to the company's equipment is necessary to solve first, second and third level support problems. The VNC tool is a remote access tool without internet connection. VCN does not consult consultation with the internet to access the equipment, to connect it is enough that the computers are in the same network with which they respond to the ping, it is possible to make the remote connection of the equipment. This facilitates access and the access experience is better.

What do you dislike?

The remote accesses are oriented to connection therefore if the equipment is outside the connection of the network the connection will fall. On the other hand, the price of the license gives me a little cost, but otherwise the VNC tool seems to me a very useful and 100% functional tool for technical support specialists.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Improve file latency latency.

It helps us to access the equipment and support remotely the computers that are in the Serfiprima business network.

VNC Connect review by Gerardo F.
Gerardo F.

"My experience taking remote control of the equipment through VNC."

What do you like best?

Using VNC as a remote access tool has been excellent for the access of the computers that are in our internal network, since vnc is a remote access tool that does not need a connection to the internet, it connects with the computers that are in routes on the same network, for this feature access or remote access experience is much more fluid than remote access tools that use internet access.

What do you dislike?

with the implementation of the vnc tool I have not had any inconvenience at the time of accessing a computer or when they access mine, it is true that the access experience is much more fluid since it uses the bandwidth of the internal network . this makes the experince much more fluid. Of truth that until the moment I do not have complaints with respect to the tool.

With the application of the tool we can solve the failures of the equipment in a more optimal time, with only the IP address of the equipment that we want to access will be enough for vnc to connect to the remote server.

VNC Connect review by Otto C.
Otto C.

"My experience with remote access using VNC"

What do you like best?

with the vnc tool we can remotely access the equipment that is within the same business network or local network, access is possible by installing the version of vnc server on the computer that you want to connect remotely and vnc viewer to the computer that is locally . In this way, with the IP address of the equipment, we can remotely access the equipment and perform any configuration on the equipment. Remote access with VNC is a very fluid access since it does not require internet access, it works with the local network bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

Using vnc in the internal network the access is very fluid, everything will depend on the connection between the equipment. With my experience I have not had problems with the accesses through VNC, it is a very useful application that we use to solve faults of the first line.

with access through VNC has helped us to solve front-line failure. By entering the IP address of the remote user, we can take control of the equipment.

VNC Connect review by Jon M.
Jon M.

"My best #1 most used app"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is fast and economical. Obviously, network speed is crucial, but the screen refresh is incredibly fast. Lots of options, but screen control and refresh make this my go to application. I use RealVNC on my Mac to control a headless PC. And, in a pinch, I use it on my iPhone and iPad to control all of my connected computers.

What do you dislike?

Seriously, what's to dislike? If I have to be picky, I guess the iOS version has a little bit of a learning curve. The finger gestures are easy, but not always intuitive. The more you use the app, the more intuitive the gestures become. Just give it some time and it will become easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried many remote desktop applications. RealVNC is by far the best. I probably don't utilize all of it's functions, but for pure remote desktop, it's the best.

I mostly use RealVNC for cross platform control. I do most of my work on a Mac. I've set up a remote PC that I connect to with RealVNC. Now it's like having two computers on the same screen. They are both on the same internal network, and there is virtually no lag. It's an incredible solution to keeping everything on one screen. Not to mention that when I'm traveling, I have complete control over both my work Mac and PC at the same time.

VNC Connect review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Really like how VNC makes it easy to help PC users in a three story building. VNC is a TIME saver!!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and use. Great for remote support when there can't be any interruptions in the room.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike! This product is great!! I would recommend it to anyone who supports desktop users!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that if you have to support users that aren't close to you, that you use RealVNC. It is easy to setup and use, and users love having the option if they are having computer issues during the work day.

I work for a Court, and RealVNC makes it very easy to help the courtroom clerks, bailiffs, or even Judges if they have a computer problem when Court is in session. I don't have to run up and interrupt the courtroom. I just log onto their computer, fix the problem, and they continue on without anyone in the courtroom even knowing about it.

VNC Connect review by Mario Alejandro L.
Mario Alejandro L.

"VNC Connect is Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

I love how it is cross platform works on Mac and Linux as well as Windows. I managed my VNC Connect Team on Linux it's very impressive. The price is also hard to beat compared to other competing solutions and support is also good. We have not had many issues they have a solid knowledge base. Sales was also attentive and followed up respectfully to win our business.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. The only I would say is the vnc server does not like it when a computer display is turned off but these are very minor things compared to the benefits. Also once you setup your VNC Connect 'Team' the name of machine's are set to the hostname of the machines running VNC Server and this cannot be edited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you can connect to virtually most major device platforms.

I am managing the computer systems of an entire clinic using VNC Connect and One Technician Pro license for a very good cost compared to the other competitors like team viewer and bomgar.

VNC Connect review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"ease of connection and reliability"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is "the best" in terms of connection to remote screens. So easy to use. Once you've set it up, just ask it to locate my "home" computer screen, type a long password, and I'm immediately at the remote log-in screen. Double password protection. Just what I needed. I switched over from another service that was quite a bit more expensive - have found the price to be perfect for what I need, and I don't have to buy a higher level of service than I need either.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can't access the service, probably due to local ISP restrictions, however I always have a VPN, so occasionally I have to VPN to some other physical location, log in through RealVNC, and connect to my screen through a level of (VPN) indirection. It still works and the speed is quite reasonable.

I keep passwords and keys on "desktop" system, which I access through RealVNC rather than carry sensitive log-in information, and data, on the road with me. I also have some apps on the desktop system which I can use through remote screen. And finally, I have encrypted email which I view through programs on the desktop system, so I do not have to carry encryption keys with me on the road. (I have in the past travellled to some sensitive locations.) I appreciate even more that my VNC connections are encrypted and this status is shown to me at connection time.

VNC Connect review by Alan J.
Alan J.

"RealVNC in a small IT department"

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to server virtual machines and physical desktops.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes really. At one point I thought we were going to be forced to use the cloud connect option but that is not the case. We use RealVNC on our LAN only which is just what we need.

I can easily manage virtual servers from my office. We integrate login with Active Directory groups to control access and privileges. The "Expert Options" allow us to configure RealVNC to suit our own needs; options such as idle timeout, automatically disconnecting users, allowing multiple connections, etc.

In addition to managing virtual servers we also use RealVNC to connect to employee desktops in order to provide technical support. This allows us to remotely connect to a user PC when they are away from their office or allow them to watch as we work on resolving an issue.

VNC Connect review by Luke S.
Luke S.

"A must have for traveling business professionals"

What do you like best?

Being able to log into my office computer from literally anywhere in the world is a dream come true. I can't emphasize enough how useful this is while on the go. And it couldn't be easier to setup.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to come up with a critique because the program truly does work so well. In fact, I can't think of a single one!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Your only regret will be that you didn't start using this awesome tool sooner.

I'm able to perform tasks on my office computer (such as running our print program) without physically being at the office. When an issue arises and a colleague needs my assistance, I'm able to quickly address the problem from wherever I'm at.

VNC Connect review by Alberto J.
Alberto J.

" Remote experience with VNC"

What do you like best?

What I like most about VNC, is that you can access the computer that enters a local network without having Internet. Being the remote access without internet connection the experience is much faster.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike, is the way of configuring the client agent and the server agent, it is a bit more complicated to install both packages, to be able to access the equipment. My implementation was to install both server and client on all the computers in my network, to access all without major inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like you to improve the file traffic speed between connected devices.

With the help of VNC, I solve problems in remote departments at my workplace without having to be in the place of the problem. simply the IP address of the computer that I am going to access is enough to have connection with the equipment, since in my implementation I configure a password that gives me the access without needing the person to grant me the access.

VNC Connect review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"VNC Connect makes remote support easy "

What do you like best?

We have been users of RealVNC for over 3 years. During that time, it has allow us to remotely connect to 1000 desktops and servers to resolve issues, install software, printers, etc., saving us many hours of driving time between sites and gives us a quicker response time to resolve issues. Without it, we would have had to hire at least one other technician. Now with VNC Connect, we can connect to desktops and servers that are not interconnected on our WAN. The software is very stable, easy to use and has many features that make remote support a snap. I also use it at home for after hours support as well. The sales and support departments, when needed, has been exceptional. Great product with a great team behind it!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this product. The development team seems to continue to improve this application and add new features and functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the software and the sales and support team behind the product are exceptional. They continue to update and add features and functionality to the product,

We support 27 departments in 12 locations. With a limited number of technicians and network admins, this product save many hours of driving time for supporting our desktops and servers and gives us a faster response time, especially when we have high priority calls.

VNC Connect review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Easy to use and light weight Remote Control Application"

What do you like best?

I have used RealVNC for many years and with the new Cloud Connect option it has become the best remote control software on the market. I use the mobile client as well as the desktop clients on Mac and PC and it's seamless across all platforms. Cloud Connect allows me to connect to my machines without the need for a VPN connection as long as the computers are online. I still have the VPN and direct connect options available if I need them.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any negatives. They are open to suggestions which is very nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using RealVNC for direct connections for years. With the addition of VNC Connect we were able to drop Log Me In Central which we used for out of network connections. I have found VNC Connect to be more user friendly and more light weight than the Log Me In client. You will not be sorry for switching to VNC Connect!

Remote IT Support and Remote Desktop of clients. With the new Instant Support option I can even get into users computers with their assistance if RealVNC isn't already installed. I've even used Instant Support to get me into machines to install the full RealVNC client on new installs where it may have been missed before the machine went to the user.

VNC Connect review by Dennis G.
Dennis G.

"the tool with multiple connections"

What do you like best?

The tool gives to perform many functions when connecting to a host remotely, it guarantees that it can continue to connect when it loses connection. as well as the transfer of files is easier. allows copying from a desktop to the remote. Ensures that the connection is of optimum quality

What do you dislike?

The tool in certain episodes of connection tends to hang. What the program stops responding Additional that uses insecure remote connection port. What you need is a connection port customization to accept non-secure connections. since if the remote attacker knows the password he can manipulate without prior authorization

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend vnc as an effective remote desktop management tool to solve cases

I solved connection problems with the nano bridge antennas, since I connected a computer on a roof to a mini PC through vnc, the tool to monitor air traffic, additional I can access from my mobile device wherever it is to be able to manage changes in the equipment through air monitoring and control tools

VNC Connect review by Israel T.
Israel T.

"Reliability I can trust!"

What do you like best?

As a computer nerd beginning to show his age, I've experimented with quite a few remote access tools over the years and VNC has always remained a constant viable option. That being said, when I needed to setup a quick link for one of my clients, there was no hesitation in going with VNC. When VNC you know it's going to work.

And you can't beat their pricing. When everyone moving towards subscriptions these days, one can quickly find themselves being nickel and dimed to death with so many subscriptions under their belt. I found that their pricing was extremely competitive and many times much lower than some of the newer kids on the block, which again, made my decision easy.

What do you dislike?

So far, I dislike nothing at all. The software is affordable. Reliable. Easy to download. Easy to install. Easy to navigate and use. What's to complain about?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how long they've been around and see that they're constantly maintaining their software and providing support. You too, will realize they are a reliable source.

Establishing 24/7 access to store computers is a great benefit. Even when things like HurricaneHarvey and excessive flooding have all our employees at home, we are still able to login and do the things we need to do.

VNC Connect review by Administrator

"Flexible affordable VNC that works well from many Devices."

What do you like best?

I like that it reasonably priced per computer that you need to control. I can control from smartphones, tablets, and Windows, Linux and Mac computers. As a technical support person, I like having the Instant support option to help out our customers and it forces them to help us install software so they are aware of what we are installing.

What do you dislike?

It needs to allow mixed connects at a reasonable price also. I could use a few direct connect licenses, but to move up to the next tier is too expensive for a small business that has a small profit margin. Installation process could be made more clear by adding a video tour of installation and setup steps. A Glossary of term could help newer users understand concepts better before they dive into setting it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the demos version to see what tier you need to start with.

We have customers that we need to install and setup & configure barcode scanning software on their computers. The Instant support license allows us to easily do that. It restricts us from installing unless the customer helps us, so they know what we are installing on their system. (Professional) Owner approving payments from his smartphone.

VNC Connect review by Lewis H.
Lewis H.

"Great value and quality remote platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is great, really useful to see all your connected computers in one place rather than behind meaningless numbers. The price point is incredible too, love it.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, haven't had any issues except for one time a connection failed from my iphone but I just reconnected and it was all fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this over Teamviewer.

Our staff can remote in to the various computers we have servicing our post production all from one office rather than running around the server room. Our editors can easily remote in to our Harding system to check legal levels without going through technical staff. We had been using teamviewer but this system is much more robust, with higher quality images and much much cheaper.

VNC Connect review by Lynn C.
Lynn C.

"Real VNC helps me stay organized and backed up"

What do you like best?

Encrypted connections, ease of installation and the fact that it works on all my different devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were free. But the free versions of VNC do not typically offer encrypted connections and hence have are not approved for use by my University.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have an Enterprise license as I use Real VNC on five different computers.

I work on many different computers and my desktop at work has all the best software. Using Real VNC I can view the files on the other computer which has the licensed software and is also a better computer. Also sometimes I can't remember what file was on the other computer so I need to actually look at the screen of the other computer to remember what I was working on.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Reliable software and excellent service"

What do you like best?

I like purpose-built software best, and RealVNC falls firmly into that category. Their policy settings are straightforward and easy to manage, once support gave me the analogy of using the cloud location as a map to the building and using group policy or local settings as the doorway in. These lines can get blurry in other packages, but not here. RealVNC is really easy to deploy and showing our teams how to use it has been a snap. They are also transparent about security and care a great deal about maintaining a high standard there.

What do you dislike?

The cloud management portal could show a little more information (like when the last connect time was) and it is not aware of computer names being recycled, so one does have to manage stale computer accounts. These are smaller offenses IMO, and their support added changes to these to their suggestion box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're happy with no-frills, purpose-built software that is stable, then RealVNC is an excellent choice. Not to many unexpected hobbies with this stuff!

Confirmed access, where users allow our connections, with a few exceptions.

VNC Connect review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"Conexiones remotas rápidas"

What do you like best?

Como principales ventajas están que es totalmente gratuito, facil de configurar y que tenemos un modo "invisible" que nos permite observar sin que el equipo remoto detecte que estamos conectados. Ocupa muy poco espacio y podemos instalar la parte que nos interese, cliente, servidor o ambos.

What do you dislike?

La única desventaja qué encuentro es que en resoluciones grandes no se ajusta bien a la pantalla y la necesidad de tener que abrir un puerto en el router para poder conectar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Muy buena opción para conexiones frecuentes. La desventaja es tener que abrir puertos, pero luego todo funciona muy bien. No recomendado si haces muchas conexiones con clientes diferentes, en ese caso mejor usar AnyDesk o TeamViewer.

Permite ofrecer asistencia técnica al instante o ayudar a otra persona visualizando su pantalla. Ahorras en tiempo y dar mejor servicio.

VNC Connect review by Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

"VNC Connect is Fast, Simple, and Reliable"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to install, fast to load, and surprisingly light on system resources. I use it to help maintain the personal computers used by myself and my family, so it's imperative that the software be easy to use and maintain. Especially now that they have a subscription for personal users, VNC Connect does exactly what I want it to.

What do you dislike?

Very little. It's much better than any competitor I've tried. It installs well, updates easily, and has great instructions for use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for business solutions, but you might find it a lifesaver at home too!

Unlike most users, I'm actually using VNC Connect for my personal machines. It would be great to allow business users to remotely maintain systems or access them for telepresence work, but it's also simple enough to be used on all the machines in my household.

VNC Connect review by T I.
T I.

"Much cheaper than existing remote control softwares, yet sufficient."

What do you like best?

There are many remote control softwares. The most famous one should be Microsoft's remote desktop. However, it needs to set your router so that you can control your computer from outside of your home network. There are still more other softwares you can control your computer from outside, even from overseas. Sometime those are very expensive, but Real VNC is much cheaper than those commercial softwares, yet it has sufficient functions.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support my local language. I'd like to ask to support more languages. There should be a broad market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first, its connection response was very slow, but it was fixed. Now I am satisfied.

To control my server which is operating numerical simulations for my study, and to support my family member's computers. I am lucky that I met this software.

VNC Connect review by Cliff M.
Cliff M.

"Does exactly what we need to work remotely."

What do you like best?

RealVNC allows us to give as many users as we need need access our office computers remotely. It is a great product and for us is well ahead of the competition both on features and price. Support from RealVNC is second to none with helpful knowledgeable sales and support staff. Remote access and file transfer allows us to facilitate volunteers to work from home.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have browser access to remote computers without the need to install and app. Though this is a minor complaint. Better cross platform (e.g. native ChromeOS support would be good. Apart from this there is nothing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Much better value than the competition.

Crucially its pricng scheme is reasonable and is based on the number of hosts rather than clients. We need multiple users to access a small number of computers and this is the only solution we could find that works for us. All the other big names are priced based on number of clients. We also value the ability to transfer files remotely and to have remote multimedia access. Some of our users use it would work remotely while others use it for support and maintenance without having to come on site. This saves volunteers a lot of time travelling unnecessarily and allows quick remedial action to be taken as and when required.

VNC Connect review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Simple and easy to use, does exactly what you expect it to"

What do you like best?

The easy of use, literally took me 10 minutes to setup on the computer I wanted to remotely manage, and create a team of colleagues who also manage the machine. The mobile apps are well designed and thought out and allow you to do emergency management of a remote computer. Its obviously not as easy as using a machine with a keyboard and mouse, but it feels like a lot of thought has been put into making the apps work as well as they could on a touch screen device.

What do you dislike?

The desktop client seems to be limited to 1 desktop per account, which is a bit inconvenience if I am using a different desktop at a field office. Still allows you to have the app on an iPad and iPhone under the same account, just doesnt seem to want to let me log in with a second desktop machine without warning about exceeding the number of devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go, it didn't take us long trialling it to see that it fit our business

Management of remote site devices, meaning a site visit needs to happen a lot less frequently and only when the most serious tasks need to be done. Can diagnose issues remotely so we know which specialist teams to send to site to correct issues, saving someone making a trip just to do a diagnosis and recommend a team.

Learn more about VNC Connect

VNC Connect Videos

Learning about VNC Connect?

* We monitor all VNC Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7