VMware Professional Services Reviews & Product Details

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

the vmware company provides us with the necessary tools for the correct implementation of our data center, helping us in the different capacities that it comprises, in the network, storage, and the servers part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

vmware is the standard in virtualization, I like it because it is a software that allows me to integrate, and keep our platform active, and with high availability through the cluster my platform communicates with the hosts that make up the infrastructure with vmware storage vmotion I can move the virtual machines to any cluster that is in my data center. allows me to manage it in a simple way and always based on a security principle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Your licensing system is done by number of processors that contain my blades, the solutions are integrated, esxi, vcenter, vsphere are the ones I currently have, it should be noted that the service is a bit expensive, but it is very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Having these suites that vmware offers us, in its different layers is very useful since you guarantee the continuity of your business as it is my case in the IT area, it allows me to manage, maintain and control my infrastructure, I highly recommend it already that does not need a cover letter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VMware Professional Services Overview

What is VMware Professional Services?

VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility.

VMware Professional Services Details

VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility.

VMware
$7,093
@VMware
31,165 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the VMware Professional Services community
Have you used VMware Professional Services before?

VMware Professional Services Reviews

Showing 12 VMware Professional Services reviews
Location
Already have VMware Professional Services?
System Administrator
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I helped with vmware solution such as vmware esxi also vmware vsphere , vmware vcenter and vmware nsx . We implement some project with those solution because we are partner with vmware and im also a vmware certified professional VCP - Data Center Virtualization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the best that you can control everything from Vcenter. And i like that because of virtualization you dont have to use just one hardware as one server but you can virtualize the hardware and use for more servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dislike would be the vmware licening . Because if you buy from DellEMC hardware and you want to virtualize they sell also the vmware licenses and first thing you need to go to dellemc portal website to create account to take the licenses and also to go to register in vmware.Its just a waste of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would recommend the Vmware Professional Services because i am happy to work with them. i am gladly to use every product of the Vmware Professional Services. Most of them that i use are Vmware Vcenter , also Vmware Horizon that is the best for VDI and more like Vmware Vsphere and Vmware NSX Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well the benefits are for IT guys such as i am because i have more easy job now. I can control everything through vcenter all the host and all the virtual machines. So if anyone from VDI has any problem i can just connect to that virtual machine from vcenter and see whats the problem and fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Application Developer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have used the on demand web console and the cli for VMware. It provides a fast scalable option to boot up additional machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scalability of machines is truely amazing. The VMs take some time to boot up but after that they work smoothly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first the VMs take a couple of minutes to boot up after that they are ready to go Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The people at VMware are highly qualified people I have seen and dealt with. They take care of every problem you might have and address it in a timely fashion and manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to keep physical machines. I can create a cluster of network with VMs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO - Partner
Computer & Network Security
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had a customer that was thinking of Citrix or possibly moving to a hosted solution. They had too many custom built servers with legacy needs. VMware was able to help consolidate the physical servers and better utilize the resources. We then implemented Horizon as we discovered there was a desire for VDI. VMware was able to help implement and provide ongoing support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

VMware is able to speak directly to their product in a way that our engineers have valued greatly. We can confidently support VMware environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The obvious cost is always a concern but simply still the best platform without question. We have evaluated other products but never feel comfortable even trying when going up against VMware and the professional services offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I strongly suggest that you give VMware a chance to earn your business. They add a valuable service that you can't easily have yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GB
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Vmware helps me use multiple sales systems with privacy settings in lock. My outlook mailbox is also synched to scan my personal business emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease and quickness of understanding the Vmware system as a whole. I like the simplicity of learning the ins and outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the hour time setback that occurs when I use vmware with two computer monitor screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

vmware helped me in the full implementation of my data center, as a service provider we have the support of its technical support, which undoubtedly has solved several problems that we have presented as it was losing a lun of a data storage, without the support of the vmware team it would have been impossible for us to recover that lun. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

what I like the most is that I can manage my platform from anywhere connecting to the vpn and using the vsphere web client, which is compatible with any operating system, it is something that has improved a lot, in addition to doing hot migrations between my Clusters, allows me to have a platform with high availability to guarantee the continuity of the service and that of my operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that I dislike is the cost of the license, but nevertheless, it complies with all the things I need, the standards are fully met and gives me benefits that only VMware can give me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

simply the best company for IT infrastructures, is the standard for the virtualization of your servers, I highly recommend it. use it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrador de TIC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

vmware as a service provider helped me change the direction of our data center, providing optimal solutions to ensure continuity and service availability through its different solutions cm esxi, vsphere, vcenter, vsan, nsxi among others, this set of solutions allowed me to modernize my data center by requesting more equipment of the blades type, to update my physical platform since I was, with great energy consumption and other facilities with which the data center has, providing a very remarkable improvement in this aspect, I was underestimating my infrastructure but came to VMware to change the course of my data center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like the most about VMware and the suite that I acquired, is that it helps me with my company's processes, with a flexible and secure platform, when it fails, my virtual machines are replicated among the clusters that I am conforming and they communicate with vmotion, to make migrations almost from any host, to any of my clusters thanks to vcenter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Undoubtedly VMware is the standard for virtualization but the licensing is a bit expensive since they are done by quantity of processors, but nevertheless it is very useful in other aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

vmware does not need recommendations, its letter of introduction is the number one company in the area of IT infrastructure virtualizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use vmware solutions in the data center area, on ibm x440 blades using esxi to virtualize the host and install vmware vsphere, and manage them with vmware vcenter. All this solution drastically reduces the costs of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the communication capacity between the clusters is immediately when the cluster automatically fails to migrate them, to clusters with enough performance that is thanks to the high availability, and vmotion between the hosts that make up my infrastructure, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the hardware requirements are high, for an implementation of vmware vsphere platforms it is generally necessary to have a very robust infrastructure in order to maintain the standards that are needed for the business, in addition to its high license price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It is simply the standard in virtualization, if you want to save money on the resources of your platform, such as energy, cooling systems, virtualization is the solution since you require less host, to do more things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

analista de seguridad de redes
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

vmware provides us with the software infrastructure for the implementation of solutions in our data center, we are in a working relationship through licenses of vsphere, esxi, vcenter, it should be noted that our implementation is on last generation cluster, thus being able to extract the maximum benefit to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the ability to have high availability in the cluster guarantees business continuity in addition to savings, in energy facilities, air conditioners in our data center, vcenter's ability to migrate the machines between clusters is amazing, ensuring that my machines always be up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

annual licenses are a bit expensive, but it does not limit the great functionality that VMware has in its different solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

When a deployment of solutions in IT infrastructures is made, I recommend using the standard in this area and it is not for less, but this company is positioned in the number 1 place in this field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was running UBUNTU platform using VMware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the diversity of VMware where you can add virtual machines of your choice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not as fast as native linux platform installed on your computer but does the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It is good for testing services on different platforms but not great for developing applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agente
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In the growing demand of the IT world, the demand for hardware is growing, the maintenance of these large processing and storage machines, as well as their energy consumption, allowed us to know the world of virtualization and made the implementation with the largest all VMWARE, starting its installation and deployment in the data center, with ESXI and later implementing Vcenter and vsphere it should be noted that this solution is currently saving us energy and maintenance costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the support provided by the franchise really helped us a lot, since we managed to recover a lost datastore by restoring it without any new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the license is a little high, but the benefits are absolutely positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

are the best in the world of virtulization, is the most used product in IT infrastructures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

VMware did a great job negotiating with us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Professional attitude and good work by VMware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was an expensive endeavor but worth it in the end Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our agents use VMware to create digital bridges to client systems for IT. We use this in a help desk environment to mimic client accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great support, runs well on enterprise systems that may not be cutting edge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, any complaints would not be the fault of VMware, but about network stability. The product itself has no serious flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.