4.1 out of 5
Do you work for Visio?

Visio Reviews & Product Details

Visio review by Yaolin Z.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education

"Easy to use intuitive software for creating beautiful flow charts"

What do you like best?

I find the software very intuitive and easy to experiment with. They provide an assortment of templates, but it is very easy to create a new flow chart from scratch, by drawing a starting shape and using connector lines. If you are already familiar with designing powerpoint diagrams, the concept is similar, except with Visio, it is much more effortless to align objects, and the software will automatically expand your figure onto another page if necessary.

What do you dislike?

The product defaults to blue shaded boxes which are difficult to read and not very printer-friendly. I have to manually fix it every time. The other limitation is that when you want to save Visio or transfer your image into a different program (i.e., going into a powerpoint presentation), the image doesn't always transfer in exactly the way because it may appear slightly differently. I also wish there were more icons available, so I could use them as objects in presentations. There is a way to modify them, but there is a rather limited selection, since the diagrams were intended to be used for business or work purposes (not as a general database of copyright free clip art).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using Visio if you like to create interesting flow charts and plan to do so on a regular basis.

I was a bit of a skeptic when my vice-chair highly recommended Visio for designing algorithms and flow-charts. I initially used it reluctantly, but I was able to figure out how to make fairly appealing flow charts within minutes. This makes for much more interesting presentations and hand-outs. Most people who have seen my Visio flowcharts have been impressed. The completed flow charts would take significantly longer to create in powerpoint or other software programs.

What is Visio?

Whether you want to quickly capture a flowchart that you brainstormed on a whiteboard, or map an IT network or build an organizational chart, Visio makes it simple to do so.

Visio Profile Details

Visio Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

1-50 of 456 total Visio reviews
Visio review by Noman G.
Head of Enterprise Application Development
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Visio one of the Best tool for many things that utilize layouts, diagrams, and charts"

What do you like best?

I have been using Visio since 2005. This is the only program which I used consistently almost daily. I develop icons, drawings, flow charts in Visio. This is very good product and you become fan of it. It usage for many things that utilize layouts, diagrams, and charts which help you lot before you start development. It provide to you best template to start with

What do you dislike?

Integration may fall sometime. You can also spend a lot of time selecting your defaults for shapes, arrows, font size, and so on. Further, this product update frequently which slows the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are implementing PMO office or other project management tool, you should consider this tool . This tool is very much handy to start with as this is very major.

As a courier and logistic company we have implement our PMO office , due to this tool is very much necessary and useful . We have to keep an eye to every single project timeline and visio help us to standardized our processes to in a good way

Visio review by Alejandro A.
Analista informático

"Excellent complement for word, powerpoint and autocad."

What do you like best?

Visio is a really complete and easy tool to use, it works in a drag and drop way that makes adding objects, editing, rotating, resizing, connecting, adding text a streamlined process. The software comes with several varied primary options that rearrange the menus and basic tools, such as the engineering menu that sets your tools for pipe and diagram creations, or circuits diagramming among others, it helps complementing autocad and powerpoint for presenting engineering diagrams to clients. It also works great for creating and editing flowcharts, we normally use visio to create them and then we export them to powerpoint displaying them in several scenarios. Another excellent feature that helps a lot our graphic designing department is the fact that visio allows to change the complete color scheme, so if our boss or a client wants the same concept but just a different color is just one click away.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tools and functionalities that it can be complicated just to find one specific tool, and the menus can get complicated. Another problem with this software is that Visio’s license is ridiculous expensive, it can sometimes cost as much as 10 times the cost of competitors softwares. Also collaboration editing is not implemented very well, so having two people working on the same project is not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio is probably the best software for representing information visually. It works amazingly as a complement for powerpoint, coreldraw and other presentation softwares. Just keep in mind that the license is really expensive.

In our company we use visio as a designing tool mostly for flowcharts and engineering diagraming, it has become more than a complementary software and we find ourselves relying a lot on it for presentation making to our clients, since powepoint tools come really limited in every feature that visio offers.

Visio review by Noman G.
Head Enterprise Application Development

"Excellent Product for Data Modeling and ERD, "A valuable Choice""

What do you like best?

I am using this product since my career has been started since 2004. Initially, this was used only for ERD. Further, i explorer its feature and find this product beautiful. As i was started my career in software house where i can analysis and design process flow which was very much helpful for development process. Visio contain lot of diagram shape to simplifies complex processes, makes information reliable and improves documentation. We can create System process as well which is also key future of it. Now a days I am leading the software development team and this tools help me a lot to understand to complete process and architecture which help me to assign proper resource.

What do you dislike?

nothing much, but sometime visibility seems complex which may confuse. Further, it not much user friendly as you have to do some kind of R and D before going to start. Further, Pricing model should be reviewed by business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As Objective and user must be identify before you going to purchase as this is expensive product . So in nutshell , you have very clear goal before going to be live with complete use cases.

As initially process was created in different document like word and excel which create lot issue to trace and visibility. Further, version control also be a great challenge

Visio review by Raquel L.

"Me encanta la cara"

What do you like best?

En mi trabajo como auditor, el uso de este dispositivo es esencial porque le permite pintar un método a través de las metodologías de los diagramas. Funciona como una apelación en el desarrollo de diagramas eléctricos. Proporciona muchas opciones disponibles para crear diagramas personalizados rápidamente. Arrastre y las características de Draw se entregan con ganancia Las capacidades de arrastrar y soltar hacen que los archivos sean fáciles de crear y reemplazar. Herramienta fácil de aplicar, requiere escolaridad mínima.

What do you dislike?

Algunas veces, las herramientas especiales intentan y hacen cosas robóticas para usted, que generalmente no funcionan bien y finalmente terminan tardando más en corregirse. El sistema de agregar y conectar las trazas a los contenedores puede ser desconcertante porque hay distintas formas de líneas. usarlo constantemente, sin embargo, hubiera sido útil si otros hubieran iniciado sesión correctamente de vez en cuando. Realmente me gustaría tener más control sobre el vector de las formas. Sin embargo, a pesar de esto, el funcionamiento de este software es perfecto y lo mejor para el departamento de procesos de TI en una empresa comercial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guarde el trabajo de forma intermitente y manténgase actualizado con la moderna biblioteca de símbolos y actualice si es necesario. Si necesita dibujar de forma encantadora y fluida para estudiar los diagramas de flujo, esa es su aplicación, en caso de que necesite una funcionalidad más complicada, necesitará tiempo adicional para administrarla con el máximo rendimiento general, pero apuesto a que, aunque la manipule adecuadamente, puede ser seguro. poderoso. Los ingenieros de sistemas de negocios crean casos de uso Somos capaces de organizar todas nuestras obligaciones en el trabajo y arruinarlo en un formato fácil, lo que hace que sea menos difícil capacitarse y capacitar nuevas contrataciones

Hemos resuelto dentro de la protección de lo que es nuestra gran máquina de control la presentación de la evaluación motivada de las no conformidades con mayor orden, limpieza y estética, sin la necesidad de reordenar compras adicionales de programas de software que se traduzcan en ahorros financieros para el negocio. Enterprise Proporciona visuales de aspecto profesional que se pueden crear y utilizar en minutos. Se convirtió en un diagrama flotante. Diagramas de flujo de la técnica simplificada Ideal para comunicar ciertos procedimientos.

Visio review by Stephen M.
Developer

"Microsoft Visio is the only Microsoft Office package I have and I use it frequently"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use Microsoft Visio to create a diagram when I want to make a quick visual explanation of how something works, and store it as documentation.

What do you dislike?

There are many types of icons/graphics missing from the library which I would like to see added. If I copy them from Google Images, the quality isn't as good as they have square borders.

Oftentimes I want to create a quick diagram to visually show how a product or feature works, and record it in documentation. I always use Microsoft Visio to do this, as it is quick and easy, and it is able to save as full quality PNG images which I can add to software documentation. It is the only Microsoft Office software I have which speaks volumes on my opinion of it.

Visio review by Vanessa T.
Infrastructure Engineer Consultant

"I love Viso "

What do you like best?

is the best diagram software, i used it for all my projects to diagram workflows, vmware connections, i used all the stencils that are create it for visio, it almost have everything for every brand. and also it helps me to make my presentations easy, for the user of our internal LAN and our software, i also used it to teach the workflows, the other thing i like the most is that integrates. Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with ease. Add comments and share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

What do you dislike?

i really love it, maybe recommend do the flows a little more self-manage as other online software do

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to tried it, Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with easy, share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

for the projects is problem solving, because you can present to your client a visual diagram of anything you have in mind. Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with ease. Add comments and share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

Visio review by Carolina S.
Back-end and Front-end Developer

"The best tool to create your diagrams"

What do you like best?

Visio is a very complete and powerful tool with which I can create diagrams very easily, I can create from UML diagrams, databases and others. Its interface is similar to PowerPoint by just dragging the elements to create a professional quality diagram.

What do you dislike?

I think it lacks more elements to create different types of diagrams, it also has many options and it is difficult to find the one I need, and finally I would like to see Visio included in the Microsoft office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and practical tool for creating diagrams, this is the ideal because it has all the support of Microsoft.

For me, as a programmer, this tool is very important since you can create different programming diagrams, either database or applications.

Visio review by Carol G.
Medical Records Administrator

"Microsoft Visio is good but not excellent"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Visio is the best tool for making diagrams that show how a task should be done.

What do you dislike?

My overall opinion of Microsoft Visio is that it's not excellent. I think they could have made it a lot better. The lines don't snap together sometimes, which is really annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to put the icons on a grid then the line snapping works better.

We use Microsoft Visio at the office when we have a process flow that we want recorded. We make a diagram in Visio, and then it gets converted to PDF and added to our shared Google Drive, so we have a record of the official way to go about a task. This has helped us become more compliant and helped the agency grow.

Visio review by Jena G.
Designer

"Auto Connect Makes Diagramming Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the Auto Connect feature that connects all the graphics I use with the connector lines, and flows the lines around to make diagrams easily.

What do you dislike?

It is often difficult to have a diagram fit on a single page without Microsoft Visio automatically adding an extra page in a way that isn't always predicatable.

I use Visio to make diagrams when I want to present some data or a process visually. I'm able to use a palette of icons from presets, and bring these icons into the document easily. I like the visual style that Visio has, and how I can change the color scheme in one click and use 3D style objects. It's a very useful utility to have in my repertoire.

Visio review by Rupert C.
Digital Media Assistant

"Good tool for making diagrams but it could be better"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of themes and icons supplied with it, so I can create a nice looking diagram quickly by starting with a template.

What do you dislike?

I find the tools to create diagrams in Microsoft Visio to be clunky. The shapes and connection lines don't always fit together, or the lines go in an unexpected direction. I think it could be improved.

I use Microsoft Visio to create quick diagrams of how a workflow is intended to work, and how a product that I have created works. It is a useful tool and much easier and quicker to use than Adobe Illustrator for quick diagrams. However in my experience, the tools can be a bit clunky and connection lines don't always work as expected.

Visio review by David B.
Systems Integrator
Photography

"Simple web site wireframing is possible in Visio"

What do you like best?

We like that you can make simple web site wireframes in Visio, and then style them with the drawing style. This gives the effect of a sketched diagram.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that Visio can get a little buggy at times, with the snapping grid twitching and getting to the point where we have to start a wireframe from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your diagrams simple, as if you make too many changes or add too many objects, the snapping grid can start malfunctioning and ruin your project.

We wanted a way to make wireframe diagrams for clients so they could have a preview of what their web site might look like. Visio let us do this quickly, which benefitted us from faster time to market.

Visio review by Ellen B.
Digital Operations

"Very good for making network diagrams"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make network diagrams with Microsoft Visio, to show how the network in our office works, so we have a reference when engineers come in or staff have problems.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see automatic creation of network diagrams by network scanning, and perhaps a live feed of network status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does not do automatic network diagram creation.

I use Microsoft Visio to make diagrams of how our networks work in our offices. I then print them out and leave a copy at the offices, so if they have to use a 3rd party engineer, they can refer to the network diagram. It has helped reduce confusion when a cable modem engineer was called out.

Visio review by Jill G.
President & CEO
Management Consulting

"Full-featured flowchart and diagramming software with many templates"

What do you like best?

I have used Visio since its early days, before Microsoft bought it. More recently, I have used Visio Professional for flowcharts and diagrams. It has a bit of a learning curve, but is very powerful when you learn its capabilities. I like that there are many different templates available, and that you can create and save your own templates to reuse over and over. Visio also offers an online app that integrates with Office 365. Both Visio Professional and the Office 365 version allow collaboration with team members.

What do you dislike?

The app takes a while to learn. Visio is not a standard app in the Office 365 suite and costs extra. Visio Professional costs over $500 per license, but could pay for itself in time and effort saved by using tools like PowerPoint to create flowcharts and diagrams. I am. it aware if Visio Professional is available for Mac users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses Office 365, then You should consider The Visio cloud version. If not, then Visio Professional or another cloud-based flowcharting and diagramming solution is an option.

I have used Visio Professional for business process flowcharts, swim lane diagrams, maps and several different marketing diagrams. I have used it as a drawing tool when I did not have illustration tools available. Visio allows me to create professional, visually pleasing and understandable diagrams for my clients.

Visio review by William L.
Payroll Assistant

"A Loose Diagram Maker That Doesn't Force You Into Its Structure"

What do you like best?

I like best that Microsoft Visio is quite loose and does not force me into a structured way of creating a diagram, so that I can create a diagram in the way I need.

What do you dislike?

The tools are not always 100% accurate, and the snapping to the grid and the connection lines often don't connect properly.

I use Microsoft Visio to create diagrams for different workflows and processes in the company. I can use a library of graphical elements and drag and drop them into place. It is a very effective way of making high quality diagrams, which are printed as vector graphics. It can also export to PDF files and be loaded into Adobe Acrobat.

Visio review by Racey C.

"Visio. A classic and still the "go to" diagram/mapping software"

What do you like best?

Visio is classic. Pretty much everyone has heard of it and it's used by countless people for a good reason. Visio is amazing at what it does. You can keep it simple and use it to just make some basic diagrams, or your can get fairly complex and tag a ton of metadata into your objects. I really built out Visio is much more than just a visual representation, it's a quite robust form of documentation when used to it's full extent.

But! If all you want to do is make a pretty picture, Visio has you covered.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can point to right away is that you will find yourself having to go to third parties for additional drawings of products. Generic stencils are most of what's included and if you want something that is actually what you have in place you'll very likely need additional stencils created by other vendors.

Documentation and visualization of an increasingly interwoven environment.

Visio review by Nipun S.
Associate Consultant Cyber Security
Computer & Network Security

"Great Diagraming tool for make network diagrams"

What do you like best?

easy to use diagramming tool for make quick network diagrams it has all the features and facilities to make technical diagrams such as network diagrams and. other business flow diagrams it support various of diagrams to make them easy.

What do you dislike?

price is quiet high

there is no cloud support for Visio such as office 365

it doesn't come with Microsoft office you have to purchase this separately apart from Microsoft office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio is great tool for make industry diagrams in very detail manner. it has lot of features and functions for draw industry specific drivers such as network diagrams or business process diagrams. so I think it's simple and easy tool for use for make diagram easily.

it is easy tool for make technical diagrams and business process diagrams I mostly use this tool for draw network diagrams it has all the features to draw network diagrams in very detailed manner.

Visio review by printr p.
vmware

"visio"

What do you like best?

Has Compatibility with other tools loq ue that you can incorporate your Visio sheet, with the flow diagram, for in the reports made with Word also facilitates the team work you can attach any comments to any of the documents to follow up, offer proposals for improvement, make reminders or notifications or to discuss talking or declaring about some aspect In addition you can also manage all these comments comment them delete them or you can even link them with other data

What do you dislike?

The main problems for me are that it is not free. Sometimes you do not find all the necessary tools. It is not a CASE tool as it is, therefore it does not generate a code that lacks compatibility with other languages at the time of the administrative installation of the office, it uses more space on the server disk

Recommendations to others considering the product

has an integrated and easy to use environment this tool uses an environment similar to any other program coming from Office and a large number of features that allow users to start producing quickly what makes it very familiar or what allows to familiarize or be familiar with the whole environment in addition Existing systems can be visualized easily and quickly, thanks to the integration with a large number of technologies

Diagrams and drawings developed or made are truly accurate and intelligent and by using the review mode all the necessary follow-ups of the file or the file can be made without problems of comments, forms and digital ink that others add.

Visio review by Joe R.
President and CEO

"VISIO for Project Management Professionals (PMPs)"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate Data with Visual Objects allow me and my team to create complex, collapsible diagrams and the additional ability to hide the data when you need to see the visuals, display the data when you need details. It is lightweight tool for technical drawings i.e., floor-plans, wiring diagrams etc.... The integration with other MS Office Software like Excel, MS Project and Sharepoint workflow is nice.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit costly to acquire in my opinion. Also, additional templates related to Agile Value Stream Mapping would be a plus. This should include additional Pivot Diagrams available in VISIO Professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users of this product should have an underlining knowledge of process flow and how to diagram ideas in a visual manner. Take a course on basic Visio implementation and use is highly recommended. Learn the new features can help define a clear picture of what you want the audience that will view the diagrams to understand.

The problems we look to solve are related to using Visio in a Lean, Kan-Ban, Information Radiator and other Agile techniques. Including the use of Wireframe Diagrams, Database schemas. Our Program Management (PMO) need visual flow diagrams in the multiple projects we are managing in both the public and private sectors.

Visio review by Ava H.
(Myself Only)

"Easy to work with and easy on eye"

What do you like best?

As an electrical engineer I do a lot of documentation, My biggest struggle is always picture of my designed circuit. I have tried exporting them from my designing software but they always end up looking strange and incoherent when using in text document. Using Visio has solved this problem for me. You can use Visio For any type of diagramming need. After drawing your circuits you can also include your block diagrams with the same software.

What do you dislike?

The library for circuit symbols were not included, I have to find a library online,which is not complete. Therefore sometime I have to put a lot of time making library components. Considering other libraries beside electrical engineering, Visio is almost complete.

Another problem is that for exporting pictures, you have to try a few time with the exporting option to make sure you have a clear image. Some times when making picture ready for a journal I have to re-export the pictures with very large sizes to make sure the quality of my picture is good enough for the strict requirements of a journal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Electrical engineers always struggle with founding a tool to draw schematics for their documentation, forget printing the schematics from your simulation software. Use Visio to draw them and you have a clear picture and fonts matching your word document. can

Drawing circuits for documentation.

Visio review by Bob K.
Principal
Design

"Network and flow diagrams"

What do you like best?

Large number of manufacturer specific templates, easy to use when developing basic network diagrams and brainstorming. Very popular with IT staff so often times they can provide initial diagrams at early stage of project.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations when exporting to autocad as well as when scaling drawing size up or down. Have not seen much improvement from Microsoft on this product. Monthly cost when adding to office365 accounts seems a little overpriced compared to cost of some other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the trail or online version first to make sure it will perform the tasks required, there are lots of other programs available but this has been the preferred diagramming app when dealing with IT staff/clients.

Quick and easy flow diagrams for internal and customer projects. Using the stencils where the device is realistically represented often times helps clients better understand the size of equipment and how it will logically be placed in a rack.

Visio review by Shawn S.
Owner/Operator/Consultant/Freelance
Broadcast Media

"Visio You, Visio Me"

What do you like best?

Ok, if you need to VISUALLY define the way something is going to flow and you are not wanting to use your cocktail napkin in a meeting... Then here you go! Then again, maybe the dry erase board with the half usable markers is more your speed! God love ya! Enjoy!

What do you dislike?

Ok, the NEW version of Office, either you dig it or you don't Its' pretty simple. I say that because I have been on office 2007 for a Looooooooong time. And just upgraded. Yeah. Bit of a difference there. The functionality is there, but wow a big jump for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy!

If you are looking to CROSS collaborate with others in a whole new way. Then with the even newer version of office 365, you probably cannot ask for more. But for instant file updates and sharing of overall design flows. You really cannot beat it!

Visio review by Hamilton R.
Coordinador de Procesos
Retail

"It's Visio the better choice for my company?"

What do you like best?

Visio allows you to create a lot of diagram types, for example: process diagrams, business, factory, office and more if you get creative. For me, it's the perfect BPM to start if you got no experience in the field of process ingeneering or in the process diagram world. Let's be honest, is a process modeler with Microsoft support and that counts a lot at the end.

What do you dislike?

Page sizes, as you got a top and a bottom per sheet, this botters me a lot because the most of our process diagrams are a little more bigger than an A4 o A3 paper sheet sizes, so this is a annoying situation that I always have to consider when I'm diagraming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are getting troubles with your business process in your company, try it!! It would help you to identify critical points of improvement through your process diagrams, but when you get more and more expertise in process engineering, maybe you'll need another software in the future, this is because you will go from plain process diagrams to apps for your company. At the end of this review, I invite you to ask yourself if Visio is ther better choice for you.

All of our business process are diagrammed on Visio, this solution has given to our company the organization for our process documentation, so we keep them structured, esquematizated and in a portrait so anyone can see them.

Visio review by Consultant in Executive Office

"Visio - The easiest to use application for diagrams, org charts, wireframes & mockups. "

What do you like best?

The magic of Visio is in its easy to master User Interface, enabling drag-n-drop shapes & other objects onto a digital piece of graph paper. I've used it for everything from flow-charts to creating professional looking network & infrastructure diagrams, decision trees, and mockups of Apps when presenting to a new client. It has become the 5th tool in my Microsoft toolbox (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio). Without it, I had to resort to using wither Powerpoint or PaintShop Pro which are not as easy to use of as flexible as Visio. Since Visio isn't popular, I can export to Pdf, Jpg, gif and other common formats.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I'm asking too much, however I wish Visio had some of Powerpoint's capabilities such as animations. The ability to also create quick, interactive web pages would also be a great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to document complex processes, network topology, org charts, or decision trees then Visio is the tool to use, especially if you're already a Microsoft shop.

Visio has become indispensable to me being able to quickly and efficiently put together professional looking presentations to convey complex concepts and messages. The templates allow me to create documents which look like I've paid a graphic artist to do.

Visio review by J. Douglas W.
Senior Business Analyst

"Great product for a good price"

What do you like best?

Thousands of shapes and versatile templates make for a flexible work environment, allowing me to create just about anything my boss or co-workers need. Installs and activates easily. Love the new SkyDrive integration. Once you are used to Visio, the features and capabilities become second-nature... so easy and self-explanatory. Templates for Maps and Floor Plans are nice, too.

What do you dislike?

The price can be steep if purchasing it for personal use, but it is a must have for the workplace. It can have a somewhat steep learning curve for new users or someone unfamiliar with Microsoft software. Visio for Mac or Linux does not exist; it only works on Windows operating systems unless you use 3rd party tools or workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the standard for diagramming and vector graphics applications. If you need to create any type of flowchart, this is the tool for you. Don't bother looking anywhere else.

Network diagrams, decision trees, org charts, and seating charts... these have all been made more neatly and professionally by Visio. On a personal level, I have used Visio for genealogical research and family trees.

Visio review by Angel J.
Diseñador gráfico
Internet
(10,001+ employees)

"A very good program"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use program and its content serves from school tasks to bodily business plans, the creation of concept maps is an easy tool and can be used by any type of person, it really is a very good program that I would recommend

What do you dislike?

It is usually a very basic and simple program, in spite of fulfilling the functions of diagramming, I feel that something else is missing to be a potential competitor in the market, it needs something more professional and exclusive to be a strong competition

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the program without fear, it is a very easy tool to use and it meets all the requirements, it really is a program that serves what was created

As I mentioned before, this program is useful for many things and many sectors, from solving school tasks to executive presentations of some company, it is really a program that helps a lot when it comes to making diagrams, mental maps, among other things.

Visio review by Leon C.
Graphic Designer

"Easy themes that you can apply to the document after you have content"

What do you like best?

I like that you can apply a theme retroactively to a document in Visio from Microsoft, so you can quickly experiment with visual styles.

What do you dislike?

I don't find it very intuitive to create new presentations in Visio from Microsoft, and I find it hard to use.

I use Visio from Microsoft to create visual presentations as videos to show off our products and our publications. I do find that I cannot place high quality graphics in it as it will freeze up, so it has to be 72 DPI only. However it is still a tool that benefits the company when I create a video with Visio from Microsoft.

Visio review by Steve H.
Senior Business Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Powerful Diagram tool Visio"

What do you like best?

Pre-defined set of stencils which are widely utilised. Creating new workflow diagram is very easy. As a developer creating new control was also very good experiences. As a business analysts, i have developed very user friendly workflow for my documentation.

What do you dislike?

Need to be economical as it requires you take license separately even if you have office installed. Alignment of the placed objects is not simple, it can change order of all other exiting diagrams placed on the page already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very nice product from Microsoft and already much popular. I would just keep on using this forever.

Creating workflow diagrams for user friendly and beautiful documentation. Additionally we are creating visio models to extract the final data flow through the xml.

Visio review by Eli M.

"Somewhat annoying since Microsoft acquired VISIO"

What do you like best?

VIsio is a very good tool for 2 dimensional illustrations, flow diagrams, logic illustrations, simple schematic type drawings and more. It is generally quick and easy to use. Despite the drawback of a Microsoft owned product, Visio is probably the best tool of its kind today.

What do you dislike?

Since Microsoft acquired Visio, they have made it much more sluggish and heavy, and made a number of annoying features the default behavior, such as automatic snap to path and snap to object, and connectors that try to predict what you want to do, instead of simply working in the way you would like them to...Microsoft took a great tool that was easy to use, and made it unnecessarily complicated and heavy.

product operational logic diagrams, networking diagrams, process flow diagrams

Visio review by Aleksandra M.
REVENUE CYCLE SPECIALIST
Hospital & Health Care
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easy to use saves time"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive to navigate; you can only use the symbols similar to Paint or you can use the templates or even create complex links; depends on your goals and free time you want to spend on it.

What do you dislike?

Does take some time to get used to the meaning of each shape. Could be nicer it it was a little more intuitive and gave you suggestions as you work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a nice addition t your office productivity tools. It is worth buying it. Will save you time and will help you achieve a professional look for your presentation with little time and effort.

Visualizations of the current state of a process and the potential for improvements; also good to visualize data flow and other issues.

Visio review by Peter G.
Director of Technology

"An almost do it all tool"

What do you like best?

Visio has come on by leaps and bounds and the more templates that get added the better it gets. We use it for screen mock-ups, business process diagrams, software flow, floor plans, org charts. The list just goes on and on. It is also easy to cut and paste or embed the diagrams into word documents or slide shows.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a facility (15years ago?!) to scan a network and generate a network topology diagram based on what Visio found. This was removed a long time ago but I still miss it. It used to save hours creating network diagrams for small offices.

Process design - brings clarity and helps communicate ideas (both internally and with clients)

Software design - helps prevent rework by getting the thinking right first time.

Layout Plans - use the ability to produce vector graphics to create diagrams that can interface with our hot-desking software providing real time updates of availability and status.

Visio review by Chris M.
Marketing Director

"Fast Diagrams Made Easy!"

What do you like best?

With Microsoft Visio you can create any type of diagram you can think of. I like the fact that you can choose your diagrams category like networking and drag and drop the icons were you need them.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more icon packages to expand the default categories. Other than that it's pretty solid software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Visio if you're looking to design diagrams.

We needed a way to keep our Network diagrams updated in a visual format. Having a diagram of your entire network with IP addresses is very beneficial. Editing and rearranging is super easy!

Visio review by Edwin M.
Tecnico en telecomunicaciones

" Visio Powerful diagram developer"

What do you like best?

This software developed by Microsoft is excellent, it is more than a simple design tool, it is like magic, with it you can capture a whole process and do it in a very professional way, since it has pre-designed figures and a great variety of topics.

Visio is so powerful that with this software you can create flow diagrams, construction plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, flow charts, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, 3D maps, lane diagrams and much more. So basically it allows to simplify and communicate complex information with linked data diagrams created with a few steps and in a short time.

VISIO also presents a fairly large range of figures, themes and is equipped with industry standardization systems, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 and (IEEE), allowing each design is based on reality; , Including compliance with the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4

What do you dislike?

Mainly that the software is not included in the microsoft office package, so it's a bit tedious to get it

Recommendations to others considering the product

VISIO being a tool for all kinds of work, it would be excellent with an aesthetically more friendly and colorful interface

In my work we handle quite complex telecommunications systems, so the use of plans is necessary, VISIO is very useful since it allows us to create the flow diagrams, travel plans of the services and electronic architecture plans of the equipment, all this in a very friendly and understandable way with a high level of detail.

Visio review by T. Blane M.
President

"Great tool for Documenting Business "

What do you like best?

I like the stencils that allow you to create a business document for just about any business system or process. There are some very nice integration capabilities that are helpful in cutting down maintenance. I really like the org chart tool that uses the Outlook/Exchange directory to build organizational charts. You just pick someone and the levels you want to include and then the chart is created. I have the PRO version, which also allows you to link diagrams to Excel data files. I used this to update system diagrams with a table of data about the server, such as domain, name, function, etc. and avoid updating all of the detail in the diagram. I also like that I can set my page size to anything I need for large diagrams and plotter size paper.

What do you dislike?

It is not very commonly used, so I need to create a PDF to share files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is good for precisions. I don't find it useful in collaborations, because it is not that common. If it was a part of the Office suite, it would be more.

Linking data to diagrams is a nice solution especially for complicated diagrams with lots of detailed information that is better edited in a different file type, such as Excel.

Visio review by Josephine C.
Assistant Medical Records Administrator

"Visio Is Good For Complex Task Structure Documents"

What do you like best?

The best feature is being able to make diagrams in the same style each time on a template, so they all look similar.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to get used to editing with Visio, and sometimes the objects don't snap together in a proper way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can sometimes use Microsoft Word with WordArt to make diagrams that might just be enough if you don't have Visio.

When we make a new business process, we want to make a diagram and laminate. Microsoft Visio has let me make these diagrams to a high standard, print them, and laminate them.

Visio review by Anthony B.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care

"Visio isn't great but it is the tool we have for making diagrams"

What do you like best?

There are plenty of templates, including organizational charts, and even calendars, making it quick to make a quick diagram for the office.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it freezes up sometimes, and that sometimes the templates won't load when you really want. I also dislike that the diagrams go off the page, and sometimes makes a new page, and sometimes doesn't. It can get frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go off the edge of the page, or it can automatically make a large sheet that you won't be able to print.

We use Visio to create quick diagrams and organizational charts for the office.

Visio review by Geoffrey J.
Network Administrator