ViralSweep Reviews & Product Details

Web Development and E-Commerce Consultant
Retail
What do you like best?

Simplicity, pricing and support. You may not ever need to contact them on setting up your giveaway, but when you do they are always ready to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, but addition to power settings in the future would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out their Starter plan for free. If you are happy with the results, you can easily upgrade to Business or Agency plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ViralSweep Overview

What is ViralSweep?

ViralSweep is a software service that allows brands to build, run, and manage digital marketing promotions like sweepstakes, contests, instant wins, referral campaigns, and more.

ViralSweep Details

ViralSweep is easiest way for businesses to build, run, and manage sweepstakes on their website.

ViralSweep
2012
N/A
@ViralSweep

ViralSweep Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ViralSweep community
Have you used ViralSweep before?

ViralSweep Reviews

Showing 19 ViralSweep reviews
Already have ViralSweep?
What do you like best?

The Customer Service has been fantastic. We as a business were new to the Sweepstakes promotion mechanics and I as the manager of the competition backend only had experience setting up one other similar competition. The support from ViralSweep in answering every single question I had was absolutely amazing. There were no short answers or overly technical explanations, but rather great logic and simple answers that made implementing the desired changes so easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. Possibly a couple more analytics functions. There could be a better break down of the different bonus entries, with segregated data on the different tasks customers have to perform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to ask for help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are one of the largest skin care companies in South Africa and hold a significant market share in the industry. We have been around for 15 years and were looking for an alternative to traditional marketing avenues, so we looked into running a huge promotion to give away R200,000. Thus it was of utmost importance for us to get this competition functionality exactly right. ViralSweep has met all of our needs and exceeded our expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is no better marketing tool than word of mouth, and ViralSweep helps to improve your online word of mouth reach by incentivizing your current and new subscribers to share your products/services. It's very effective for companies who are in a niche industry as finding new, relevant leads or targeted audiences can be a challenge - especially on a local or regional level.

For the low cost of $199/month + the cost of your prizes/giveaway, you can quickly add new subscribers and convert those people into new customers. While it may seem expensive to some, it takes very little time to see a large ROI when done correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design features can feel a bit outdated, but this can be effectively managed using CSS. It can take a while to setup a new promotion, but it ultimately is time well spent.

The only other dislike I have is iOS devices can have some trouble viewing the window initially and require a "click to enable" the form. For some users, I'm sure this feels like a potential security risk and they will inevitably bounce from the landing page. That said, we usually see only a small percentage of bounces and a strong landing page → subscribe conversion rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and do a thorough job of creating the promotion, your landing page, follow-up emails and lead-in email campaign to generate sales. Additionally, it's going to be well worth your while to spend money on Facebook ads as it will ultimately make your promotion reach further - which is huge benefit alongside the improved reach ViralSweep already generates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a golf company that needs to target regionally relevant customers, we find that ViralSweep is helpful in growing our reach and engagement through contests and offers. We also find it's a helpful way to grow product waiting lists to give us a strong start to each sales cycle. Those results stay relevant throughout as the word of mouth continues on past the end date of the campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to change things after you've launched a sweepstakes, giveaways and contests. We often use our contest to garner emails at home and garden shows. I can make a change to add shows, remove dates or alter the content within drop downs, background images and CTAs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features, simple as they may be, like changing your color scheme that would be nice to have, but you have to upgrade your package. I find the standard package serves us just fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with the starter package and see if it meets your needs before advancing to a higher tiered package. Make sure you utilize customer support, they're amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ViralSweep makes it easy to collect important data on your potential customers and helps to grow your email list. You just need to be clear how this information is being used in the Rules section of each contest/giveaway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Strategic Marketing
What do you like best?

Two things stood out to me mostly for Viralsweep. One is that the designs and delivery of the sign-up widgets are extremely clean, developer friendly, and have a decent load speed. The other game changer for us was the ability to make a custom action. We included the option for people to receive extra entries if they bought an item. Implementing this custom action was so easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Literally, one small thing, the out of the box social share features don't stand out as much as other platforms,. However, they're easily editable when working with someone with a basic knowledge of HTML/CSS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've run massive and small contests through all multiple giveaway platforms and Viralsweep is the most complete, stable and feature rich. If optimizations on the widget are important to you than just make sure you have someone with a working knowledge of web dev. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem we solved is we needed a platform with a clean, stable and fast product. Viralsweep checked all three. A HUGE benefit from Viralsweep is their brand and influencer marketplace. Had no idea of this feature until we set up our first giveaway. It is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Giancarlo Massaro of ViralSweep

Thank you for the review Tom. Happy to let you know that we just released the ability to manage entries for users manually, so that pain point is resolved :)

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and use. The builder is easy to customize as well. I like that it allows you to either just collect emails or provide an area for "bonus points" to help grow other areas of the business such as social media accounts and YouTube videos. Past sweepstakes are also easy to view and the process of downloading entries and bonus actions is incredibly easy. The platform also offers an entire network to connect with as partners, we haven't used this feature yet but can see how it would be beneficial for users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Viralsweep. Overall the platform is easy to use and the support team is very responsive. The only issue I am having now is integration with our email platform, but it's ok as you can download the sweepstakes after it ends (or during) to import. There have also been occasional times where an entrant has had issues with a submission. Viralsweep has been quick to make adjustments when suspected as spam yet was real. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a user error or platform error but the team has always helped troubleshoot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on your business size and needs, I definitely recommend starting with the Business plan. It is affordable and allows for more customization and branding. They offer great support and have always been extremely fast at responding to all types of questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Viralsweep has helped us grow our email subscribers as well as on social media and youtube. Through the platform we have heard of new clients only finding us because of the sweepstakes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Community Manager
What do you like best?

ease of use and great customer service. Problems (though rare) are always addressed quickly. Implementation is smooth and easy. We use it for a couple of different types of sweeps, and have been happy withe functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no complaints on the product. it does what it promises right out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

reach out to them. they are very responsive and get back to very quickly. they can walk through implementation and help figure out how best to use their product. We are using it in a slightly different manner than designed, and they were able to help our web team figure out how to integrate with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a sweeps product that would allow us to implement with minimal code and at a respectable price tag. This has allowed us to have an ongoing monthly onsite sweeps as well as special promotions for larger giveaways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Great customer service, and ability to pause the service when not using it. We do sweepstakes about once a quarter and this is a great software to do it with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing we dislike- and any time we've had questions, customer service gets back to us whithin an hour to help us fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for newsletter sweepstakes, and love the easy to use software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

ViralSweep makes it easy to set up a sweepstakes and provides me with all of the flexibility I need to ensure that it works the way I need to grow my audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the highest price point for all of the ViralSweep features it is expensive. I prefer the base level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After looking at Gleam and other similar products I believe ViralSweep is the best of the options available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm growing my email list and social media acounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

The ability to run multiples campaigns at once and have visibility into the analytics are vital. Also we love how easy it is to create a new campaign, it only takes 30 min! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't have much to dislike but as a designer, I noticed hover colors don't work on the widget display. Which is super minor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run many sweepstakes at once and this allows us to manage and create new campaigns easily every week. It is so simple yet so powerful Also whenever we hav an issue their team responds and solves the issues quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Professional quality...its works as promised...constantly improving and upgrading the program.... a plethora of options and integrations....and some great additional features like networking with other contest brands and ability to connect with influencers make this the go-to app. I sspent over a dozen hours reviewing other apps and came back to ViralSweep again and again. Don't waste time doing the research...just go with these guys and get on with life...and business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really...couple of glitches here and there but more often than not they were of my own doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage multiple contest campaigns and lead gen for a number of companies and need an app which would cover all the bases, not just some of them. And, I needed it to work ALL the time and have great CS. Got it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All the features are top notch, aesthetic, and easy to use for your marketing use. Customer service is amazing! I accidentally paid for two months without realizing and contacted the chat and was refunded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it meets my exceeds expectations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the ViralSweep software I use for my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user design can be altered to make it a bit more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving problems of user involvement with ViralSweep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Allows our company to connect directly with our clients to provide entertainment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet; everything works swimmingly as far as I’m concerned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping our customers interested and making wait time easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Giancarlo and the team are incredibly responsive and helpful when working through custom requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. I think there is room for growth as far as features but that's it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Viralsweep is easy-to-use and the fastest, most cost-effective way to set up a full-service, or compliant promotion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

People in a customer service are super nice and friendly, always want to help, but unfortunately it’s not enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first everything was working great, but afte some time I felt like whatever was working before just stopped working. I saw no progress after a couple of months using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Promoting campaigns, emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of this product and all the great features which the product has to offer its users. I am able to reach such a bigger audience through the social networking capabilities the product offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes regarding this product at this time. I am very happy with the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend for anyone to try this product and see how well the product works for themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to reach a wider audience through the capabilities of this software solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Supervisor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

ViralSweep is very easy to use and integrates very well into mailing lists such as mail chimp, all the major social media venues and has great tools to display your giveaways on your own company site. Also like the customization it allows in the creation of each giveaway. It is a great value at it's price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't like the free version of ViralSweep, it is just a tease. You need at least the $50 a month version to make it worth your while. While it offers good customization it could offer some more benefits at the paid level such as a mobile app to monitor and edit your giveaways if you are away from your computer. So if you are a Bigger company it isn't so bad, but if you are a small company then your value for money spent is questionable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation would be to analyze your needs and compare your options with the major players in this software arena. But if you go with ViralSweep you won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problems we are solving where how to grow our less popular social media followings. The benefits we realized from this product are that it actually works. We are a small start up and when from a handful of twitter followers to over 500 in one month. From just one giveaway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
Retail
What do you like best?

It helps me connect to my potential customers in a fun way by arranging sweepstakes and mini contests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The translating feature has been proven wrong for me on a couple of occasions. It is a brilliant idea for a feature but it needs some extra touching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can launch a giveaway in minutes, very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email list analytics, sweeps generator, contact organizer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Administrative Assistant
Retail
What do you like best?

I love that it is free, has various types of format (full page, widget, pop up) and it is super straight forward. Plus I also love the incentive to make users follow social media platforms for an additional entry into the sweepstakes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to customize appearance but its also free so can't complain too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great as a first step, and what it offers for free is better than most sites offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely an affordable option for us to test out what it is like to offer sweepstakes on our sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.