Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Monitor and manage your mobile workforce with ease

Work for Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

Learning about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management Reviews

Ask Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management a Question
Anika B.

"Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

We've been with Verizon connect fleet tracking since 2012, and each year gets better and easier to track our fleet. The customer service is great, we've never had an issue, if we have questions they're response time is fast and they always answer any questions we have quickly and are always happy to help.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking!

There aren't any problems that we are currently solving with Verizon Connect fleet, but we are managing our job schedules by knowing how long our employees are spending at a specific location; whether that's at a supply house, job site or just driving. We also get a discount on our Commercial Auto insurance.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management
Showing 219 Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management reviews
Chris E.

"Top GPS for Business"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the system is remarkable.

It helps me and my managers run a more efficient business.

I can inform customers what time my techs will be there.

Keeps my techs honest.

Lowers my overall cost for fuel.

No more joyriding.

The application you have made for iPhones helps my superintendents.

They can inform the job site project managers where they are at.

One of the main things I like about this system is it keep track of how many hours my technicians are on their jobsite.

I need this for for insurance purposes and to collect money for jobs.

One of my favorite things is just watching the maps and looking at all of my trucks drive around the city, repair all windows in hope, windshields in vehicles and windows in commercial buildings.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth it

Getting to job sites on time.

Real answers to customers about when our techs will arrive to their destination.

Miguel A.

"Very Good Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is bar none. Every time i call with a problem they are courteous and do there best to solve my problem in a timely matter. Always receive new units in a timely matter and is very easy to order more. The installation is a breeze, provided that you know what you are doing or have previous experience.

What do you dislike?

I have been sent the wrong parts from time to time. Although the installation of the units are easy, the activation can be a bit of a pain if you have multiple installs in various locations because you have to call in every single one in order to run an ignition cycle. There is an app that streamlines the activation, however it is only available to certified Techs and not self installers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not do a self install unless you have experience installing such products in vehicles. Schedule a time to have all your vehicles in one place and have there Techs come do the installs.

Keeping our employees honest. Tracking our equipment has been a major asset. We have also had vehicles and equipment stolen in the past, and although we haven't had anything stolen since implementing the system i am confident it will prove useful in asset recovery should anything like that happen in the future.

What Fleet Management solution do you use?

Jorge A.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

The tracking software is easy to use, and has the capability to track fuel usage on vehicles. It also tracks maintenance issues and stops, I also like that when the vehicle is in tow, it changes the icon to show a tow truck instead of the vehicle moving. The reports are quick and easy to generate and alert policies are easy to create.

What do you dislike?

Integration with dispatch software can be glitchy at times and doesn't always have work orders in the correct locations. The integration with the fleet credit cards for fuel are glitchy. Not all vehicles auto refresh with fuel purchases. Contracts for vehicles are not listed by vin number and require an act of congress to find out which vehicles are assigned to which contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works for what you need it to do.

We know where our trucks are, we are able to track arrival and departure times, and time on site. We are also able to see when and where our vehicles stop to refuel and how much fuel they purchased. Integration with our dispatching software allows our work orders to be placed on the map to show the location of each job or dispatch or work order so we can more easily direct or assign a technician to it based on their location and distance away from the work order. It also allow us to add places to the map to show where the supply houses are so we can easily direct our technicians where to go if they are in need of a part not on their vehicle.

RANDALL W.

"Verizon Fleetmatics Review"

What do you like best?

The GPS tracking on the units works great. The reporting is sufficient.

What do you dislike?

The Electronic Logging Device and reporting does not work well. We cannot get it to work on about 25% of our fleet and Verizon keeps blaming it on "firmware" and that they cannot get their developers to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are currently looking at replacing this product with a more reliable product that can service our needs with better support. Pricing was not an issue. Product does not perform as sold and support gives you the run around.

The business problems have weighed heavily on the ELD side of their product. The hardware needs replacing often and the so-called "firmware" always needs updating. This equals = it does not work. The benefits have come from the ability to track location of units and speeds and provide daily reporting for both.

Abby R.

"Good trackig app"

What do you like best?

That it is available for different platforms like Computer and phones

offers a wide variety reports such as

show if they are doing a traffic valuations such as speeding severity, speeding violations, harsh driving.

That you can do a replay to the route they took with the stops and idle time.

What do you dislike?

Slow at receiving location, there is a time gap from where they are and what is displaying.

That is no sound to alert us when they stop, start, and driving valuations, etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add sound to alert when vachile is starting up, shotting down, and driving valations.

Keep up with our tech and installers to make sure that are going to the jobs the fastest route and not stopping at places other then job related. In addition to keeping me informed on their driving habits like speeding, braking hard, and others.

Eric C.

"Great Service and Good Reporting"

What do you like best?

Verizon Connect is a great service and is a necessity for my company. Customer Service is great and always able to help. I just used Verizon Connect to help find a van that was stolen and the tracking helped recover product of ours saving thousands of dollars.

What do you dislike?

Reporting only goes back 120 days so I download it every month to have all data incase I need it later. I dump it into a spreadsheet and use pivot tables to have one massive report. It comes in handy when you need to research something more than four months back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for the ultimate insurance on your fleet and the driving behavior of your drivers

Keeps an eye on your drivers for later reference. Helps if a vehicle gets stolen.

John D.

"Fleet Tracking"

What do you like best?

The easy of use of the product and software is a huge plus. I am able to track my fleet from any computer tablet or mobile phone device with easy. You can even set up email alerts to allow you to better track your fleet.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this service for two years and have never had any issues or complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will make your work easier and more accurate.

The ability to track my fleet has greatly reduced my overhead. It allows me to see exactly where they are and how long they have been at any given location. The ability to set up Geofences for my clients and be alerted when they enter and leave those fences lets me easily increase the accuracy of my billing.

JEFFREY P.

"Couldn't do business without it and I dont want to!"

What do you like best?

I am able to track my trucks where ever they are. To give direction and to keep my guys on track. The routing feature is great as well. It saves us time and money.

What do you dislike?

I'm nitpicking, but it would be great it the maps could update a little quicker. It would be great if the interface was a little easier to use for first time users as well. There is a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering going with this system, stop and do it. You wont regret it. Our business wouldnt know what to do with out it.

We have kept our routing more efficient as a direct result of this system. As a side benefit it helps with keeping track of maintenance on our fleet.

Pete G.

"Dependable, reliable but a little laggy and bulky"

What do you like best?

Accurate data, organized in a logical manner for use.

What do you dislike?

Too many mouse clicks to get what you need. Need to have more info available when right clicking a vehicle for history. More options on the screen you are on instead of clicking all over to change dates, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VerizonConnect is more reliable and stable however would like to see real time gps updates, not every 90 seconds or so. We have this with another product that tracks trailers. Screens are laid out well however you have to move from one screen to another to often. More options should be housed on the screen you are on to save mouse clicks.

Excellent gps data, accurate, reliable once you learn the rhythm of where to go.

Jeremy F.

"Excellent fleet tracking solution"

What do you like best?

Verizon Connect lets us greatly simply our fleet management. It's ability to track driving patterns has allowed us to give incentive for safe driving to our technicians. It can track idles, what time vechicles were started. It also greatly helps with creating routes to our customers more efficiently. We also got gas cards which integrate with the software and provide reporting.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike about the software. There were a few times it was out of service but it was only like 2 times over the years and was quickly restored.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not wait if you need fleet management. The product does everything flawlessly.

More efficiently tracking routes to customers and eliminating manual tracking of gas purchases.

Diamond S.

""Brilliant fleet tracking arrangement""

What do you like best?

Our involvement with Verizon Connect has been sure. They have extraordinary client administration right to the tech teams contracted out to do the establishments. We've needed to get in touch with them all the more frequently as of late and the manner in which the organization has taken care of our issues is awesome. The measure of data accessible to us with their hardware is astonishing and very valuable! We had no clue that the units would exchange so much data about area as well as it demonstrates to you where you're squandering fuel. The use of the program is easy and most programs have been easy to read.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports on the positions were accomplished all the more every now and again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Truly think about utilizing the program, it can improve your proficiency.

We can see when trucks are sitting for reasons unknown, when driver's are not taking direct courses, and to what extent they are ceasing for lunch, and address any issues to spare us cash. We likewise can give clients rough conveyance times by checking where vehicles right now are just as check whether drivers are driving ineffectively (ie: speeding, and so forth).

Jamil S.

"Features are robust!"

What do you like best?

Verizon connect just works! I use the software as a model for many features that other software (outside the GPS arena) are missing. I use the replay with the street view all the time to check alerts, but the most powerful features are the reports.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to pull larger data sets into reports like fuel economy for 25 vehicles over a 6 month period.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very robust software platform.

It really helps us keep track of our assets and prevent misuse and abuse. it has helped us find employees that are potential liabilities and not doing their job so that we can correct the issues, or separate from the employee.

Travis Q.

"Extremely comprehensive service - very intuitive interfaces"

What do you like best?

The interface has improved drastically over the past year. Now with minimal training, you can pretty much utilize the entirety of the system - from tracking historical routes to geo-fences.

What do you dislike?

The service isn't the cheapest. For companies that have seasonal needs, pay attention to your contract and how you set it up. You may not be able to deactivate some vehicles for a period of time and be stuck paying for them while they sit idle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your contract stipulations if you have a "seasonal" fleet.

Awareness is huge. People tend to act a little more accountable when they know their activities are being monitored. You end up saving on fuel, traffic violations, etc.

Jacob H.

"Easy to keep track of all of our workers, and get daily reviews."

What do you like best?

We can find our workers on the spot at any time. The mobile app is also key to be able to use it anywhere! We also like that we know how long it took the employees to get to the next jobsite. If we had only quoted 2 hours to get there and with loading and everything it took four hours, we now know that we need to quote higher next time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps hardware will not work, but Verizon Connect will send you a replacement right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would 100% recommend this product strictly for its mobile app. It is awesome being able to be anywhere and using the mobile app to find your employees. I would also recommend that your scheduler and head front desk phone call receiver have this software as well. It always helps to know exactly where your employees are at all times, to catch them in the occasional lazy scheme, and also know where they are for emergency calls.

Better tracking of the service trucks, so we are better prepared for an emergency if ever needed, or an emergency service call in the same area. It also helps catch the slack off employees.

Susie S.

"Very good program and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see where my drivers are and how long they have been at their destination. Also I love the reports that I am able to use.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have the option is my driver is able to running a local route to put that in the daily logs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use, Helps keep track where your drivers are 24-7. Have very good reports to help you with other reports that you need to put together. Gives you proof how long a driver is at a job site or a place that you do not want them to be at. Will tell you how long your trucks are idling or stopped. You can type in an address and it will show you what the place looks like in the satellite option. You can run a report and help you with your drivers hours. Keeps track of Oil changes and inspections. Daily logs can be downloaded and printed for your records. You can set up Geo Fences for places you need to deliver to or a place that you do not want your drivers to go to. Distance Travel Report gives you the miles that you traveled in each state. Detailed report is good to show when your driver left and entered in a geo fence that you set up. Also helps you see how long that he was idling.

Mileage report gives you the exact number of miles in each state. I do not have to rely on my drivers for this

John K.

"Great ELD and GPS tracking solution"

What do you like best?

As the fleet manager, I have excellent access to any data I need, up to the moment tracking of all of our vehicles and drivers, and quick, courteous and helpful customer support whenever I need it. My drivers find the ELD system far easier to use than others they have used elsewhere. The few issues we've had with 50+ vehicles on the system have been quickly resolved at no additional cost to the company. Great platform overall.

What do you dislike?

As common with most bluetooth-related technology, there is occasional times that our tablets will not connect to the trucks as quickly as normal before they start driving for the day. All the drivers have to do is just reset their tablet and turn the truck off and on again, and it will connect right away. I think that a recent update to the ELD app may have corrected this, though, as I haven't had any drivers mention this in the past couple months.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find a reliable tablet (we use Samsung) and a solid case for your drivers. make sure to do the updates to the tablet and the app as they appear to keep the system working smoothly.

We need to be able to see our vehicles and drivers in real-time to give current info to our customers, so this is a great help. The route replays are a great way to make sure our drivers use the most efficient routes. We can use the geofencing to identify frequent customers on the maps and show them to newer drivers to help them navigate their deliveries more efficiently.

Randy A.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Our experience with Verizon Connect has been positive. They have great customer service all the way to the tech crews contracted out to do the installations. We've had to contact them more often recently and the way the company has handled our issues is wonderful. The amount of information available to us with their equipment is amazing and oh so useful! We had no idea that the units would transfer so much information not only about location but it shows you where you're wasting fuel.

What do you dislike?

The only thing not so great is that we are located in an area that does not get great reception. And therefore, we have had quite a bit of issues. I don't believe it's so much a software issue as is our coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are great!

It's wonderful knowing exactly where our trucks are located. Also, The technology will figure statistical reports, it will keep up with truck mileage and is very beneficial to saving money. Also, in the event of an accident, we can go back and pinpoint our units at an exact time and place. This was very useful, as one of our trucks was accused of hitting a light pole at a mill that we do haul to, however we are not the sole suppliers. And with the help of Verizon Connect we were able to prove that our driver had long been gone when the accident actually occurred.

Joanne N.

"Verizon Connect"

What do you like best?

The use of the program is easy and most programs have been easy to read. .

What do you dislike?

That although I have a case number it takes too long to get anything done. A department for everything and then we as the consumer/customer can't even talk to people we need in different departments. More programs or to just pick and choose what we want in particular programs. Sometimes what we get is just too canned and we can't manipulate information to the end we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time. Compare your invoices you can get lost in them. Watch your SO number if you are on 12 month plan they do renew with new numbers. You can only remove units when SO's renew. SO's are Service Orders/Contract/Agreement.

We keep our customer geofences in Verizon Connect and it assists our sales department with who they need to contact for different contracts. We also have icons for the particular contracts. It works well.

Lauren B.

"Lack of ROI"

What do you like best?

The alerting capabilities to notify us of different activities such as harsh driving, idling, inactivity, unauthorized use and geofences.

What do you dislike?

We have been unable to benchmark our data in the entire length of our contract so far. The first year, our hard braking data that we had saved was all invalid. The second year, the speeding data was all invalid. Currently, we haven't been able to integrate with systems such as Click even though the capability was promised through the RFP. Our devices need to be serviced regularly and often times, more than once.

Fleet and driver safety. We can reference driving data to incidents and set policies regarding specific events.

AW
Administrator in Wholesale

"Many great Features but missing some reporting. "

What do you like best?

Live and replay views of entire fleet. Good Reporting tools but could use some more. Easy Admin setup. Geofencing works well.

What do you dislike?

No clear path to ask developers for enhanced reporting tools. Possibly this survey will give users a forum to ask for developer enhancements? WE need to send IFTA & HUT milage to our Leasing company and it has to be manipulated to get them what they need. I am sure we are not alone in this for CDL trucks. If they had a report specific to this, that would be very helpful.

Driver off route information is easily accessible. Stop Info used to analyze profitability of customer. (ie. If certain customer stops take much longer than the norm on a usual basis we can use this in our go-forward pricing model for that particular customer. WE can also setup quick backhauls with up to the minute truck location information which creates efficiencies.

"Great Tracking System"

What do you like best?

It has the ability for us to give each driver a FOB so when they are driving a vehicle they have to swipe in the vehicle so we know at all times which driver is driving which vehicle. It also helps us track backwards and find out which driver is responsible if vehicles receive tickets or there is damage to a vehicle.

What do you dislike?

It is more costly than other comparable tracking systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Has great features. It is definitely the cadillac of fleet tracking but you also are paying more for it.

We are able to see when trucks are idling for no reason, when driver's are not taking direct routes, and how long they are stopping for lunch, and address any issues to save us money. We also are able to give customers approximate delivery times by checking where vehicles currently are as well as see if drivers are driving poorly (ie: speeding, etc).

Robert M.

"excellent tool to control logistics"

What do you like best?

Fleet tracking has allowed me to plan and control all logistics in my company. It has made my drivers more accountable and better able to service my customers.

What do you dislike?

i wish I had more time to fully immerse myself in the program instead of just utilizing the basic functions. I hope someday I will have the time to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool will ensure your everyday logistics are enhanced and much better and safely controlled

Diverting routes due to traffic conditions which are a constant problem in the South Florida area. Ability to see the driving habits of employees and addressing them both to reward or to deal with possible problems.

Jillian H.

"Comprehensive Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Verizon Fleet Tracking has been a great asset to our business. We really like the geofencing, as well as the speed and time tracking, and we utilize all of these features in our day to day operations.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I do not fully understand and am unable to utilize, like I have set up my "start time" in the settings panel, but cannot get the report for lateness and start times to populate effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to other business owners in our industry. We have been using it for over 3 years to date and haven't had any issues with the program.

We have solved the problem of not known where our technicians were at all times and accurately tracking the amount on time they have spent on jobs.

"Helps improve efficiency."

What do you like best?

Web based app and phone apps for both Android and iOS. The web site and phone apps are very easy to use and show every vehicle in your fleet on a realtime map. You can get reports on position histories and other useful metrics to make sure your workforce is spending their time in the field as optimally as possible.

What do you dislike?

I wish the updates on the positions were done more frequently.

We were having issues with employees who do field visits not using their time efficiently, causing them to run into overtime on a consistent basis. Verizon Connect makes sure that that our field employees are driving safely, taking the most optimal route to their destination, and not making any unscheduled stops or detours when they are out in the field.

Stephanie A.

"Fleetmatics is a great way to manage your fleet."

What do you like best?

I like that fact that you can set up custom alerts in order to assure your drivers are staying safe. It's best to know when a undesired actions occur at the time - not just when a tragedy happens.

What do you dislike?

I wish the integration with our software was able to aid our service dispatcher in scheduling. Perhaps by looking at trucks scheduled routes and determining who/when a call should be placed (perhaps even suggesting modifications to the schedule to make routes more logistically sound.)

I like the alerts so that we know when a driver has a history of speeding, etc. I'd rather find out about it early and manage it rather than find out when we get a ticket in the mail or the driver gets into an accident.

Learn more about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management Videos

Learning about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

* We monitor all Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.