VanillaSoft Reviews & Product Details

VanillaSoft Overview

What is VanillaSoft?

VanillaSoft, the industry’s most successful sales engagement platform, helps sales development teams engage over 15,000,000 contacts every month. Used standalone, or in combination with existing traditional CRM systems, VanillaSoft empowers sales reps to respond to new leads within seconds, interact with leads more consistently, across more channels, and generate more qualified sales opportunities. Globally, thousands of users employ VanillaSoft’s queue-based sales engine and intellective routing to implement sales cadence automation resulting in substantial gains in speed-to-lead, persistency, productivity, and revenue-per-rep. VanillaSoft is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas, USA. To learn more, visit www.vanillasoft.com. One superpower of the VanillaSoft solution is that it is reputably effective in fundraising campaigns. VanillaSoft's fully customizable, user-managed phonathon software gives phonathon managers maximum control over their phonathon campaigns. Intelligent workflow automation guarantees the consistent application of institutional best practices whilst also optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of your phonathon outreach. Dynamic caller scripts, data segmentation, and stewardship automation ensure the most effective outreach strategy, whilst also improving the quality of the experience for alumni, donors, and fundraisers alike. Learn more: https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/fundraising.

VanillaSoft Details

VanillaSoft is a powerful, cloud-based sales management software designed for outbound call centers and inside sales teams. This solution combines the best of Sales CRM, lead management and telemarketing software into one, easy-to-use solution.

VanillaSoft
2005
Plano, TX
@VanillaSoft

Revenue Operations Leader | Business Intelligence | Customer Experience | SaaS Growth Acceleration

VanillaSoft Videos

VanillaSoft Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the VanillaSoft community
Have you used VanillaSoft before?

VanillaSoft Reviews

Showing 321 VanillaSoft reviews
Already have VanillaSoft?
What do you like best?

I enjoy the visual set up of VanillaSoft, I appreciate being able to increase and decrease the font size! It is also not to complicated to learn and get used to using daily! It has become a part of my every day work life and it makes things easy for working remotely! I like that I was able to become familiar with VanillaSoft quickly, it did not take months to get use to using. It makes making over 200+ calls a day more organized and it allows us to track our progress as we go.Lastly, I like the way that VanillaSoft makes it easy to get in contact with our leads,and it allows us to set up appointments for our leads that will potentially change the rest of their life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes when they system is down, which means that the entire call center is slowed down while waiting for repairs. There are also issues sometimes with the VanillaSoft dialing application which stops people who are working from home to make calls completely. However, they never last to long! We are able to get it fixed by communicating with managers who get in contact with VanillaSoft and get the problems fixed as soon as possible! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I enjoy using VanillaSoft to get the leads in contact with the campus, and set for virtual appointments. It makes the process quick and easy! I am able to get student who do not have time for a transfer set up for appointments for a day and time that works best for them! It also helps us get leads on the phone with the campus of their interest as quick as possible. We are able to get leads the information they are requested in the way that works best for them including phone calls, appointments, email and sms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

VanillaSoft is extremely flexible, the interface is clean and easy for student callers to start using immediately, and the customer support has been excellent. The cost is less than half of what we were paying with the leading higher education vendor, and the experience overall has been better. VanillaSoft is consistently updated with improvements and new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since VanillaSoft isn't designed for higher education fundraising out of the box, the initial setup was time and labor-intensive, and there are still some limitations with reporting. For example, it's challenging to create reports that display basic metrics like gift upgrades and downgrades, caller stats per donor segment, or dollars raised per hour. The biggest challenge is with changed demographics. Reporting changed demographics to our Advancement Services team so they're able to update our CRM is a labor-intensive process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering VanillaSoft to replace solutions designed for higher education, build in plenty of time to set up the software, map fields, set up your calling "teams," etc. Once it's set up, VanillaSoft is easy to use and allows for more control to change call lists on the fly (for example, you can set up filters to route different records to a caller during calling), but this is only possible with several hours of setup well before calling begins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem solved is the cost. Student phone programs typically have a low ROI, in part because of expensive software. VanillaSoft took our costs down from $11,000 annually to less than $5,000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

VanillaSoft is a very user friendly CRM. I love their Intellective Routing Feature which allows us to prioritize leads based on criteria in the records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

VanillaSoft is still a little clunky with integrations to other programs such as Google Sheets or Hubspot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a CRM that is user friendly as well as easy to administer, then VanillaSoft is it. The caller facing screens are easy to move through as well as have the scripts on screen when calling the prospect makes this a great tool for sales calls. The back end of VanillaSoft is set up to make it very easy to move from task to task easily when setting up a VanillaSoft project.

The Intellective Routing filters allows you to prioritize leads for your SDR's based on criteria contained within the records. This tool is invaluable to a caller to make better, more productive connections throughout the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VanillaSoft is our SDR facing CRM. With it's ease of use and the ability to load scripts right in a record, we have been able to get new SDR's on the phones much faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director, Wheaton Fund
What do you like best?

VanillaSoft has provided an innovative and turnkey way to bring our Student Phonathon program to the next level. With custom segmentation, unique data fields, multi-channel communication tools, and robust reporting. This technology partner provides it all! Our students have loved this tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything we dislike about this service and provider. It is competitively priced, easy to use, and covers the gambit. We have not integrated with our database with an API, which would be something this vendor could consider exploring to make it easier for development shops to have real-time data that more people can access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Experience the demo and meet the VanillaSoft team and you will be sold! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously we had a manual paper program. With this new technology, we were able to offer a remote Phonathon during a pandemic. With the multi-channel approach, we have been able to call and email our prospective donors which have been very successful! We look forward to the future by integrating their text-messaging component into this multi-channel communication program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked so many of the features that Vanilla Soft offer, especially the script and the variety of response options that can be considered. My Call Center students went through a 25-30 minute training and we sent off! All of them loved it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Selecting reports and building reports takes time to figure out. I also would like for the Call Center students to see a running total of funds secured. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I truly feel this is one of the best Call Center platforms on the market! Ease of use for administrators and student callers. Aside from meeting all of our needs, it also met our budget requirements. Vanilla Soft has so much more to offer at an amazing price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vanilla Soft was the best pre-Covid purchase that we could buy to meet our Call Center needs. However, it helped us continue to operate in a secure manner remotely during Covid. The whisper feature and ability to monitor callers remotely gave us the ability to operate a Call Center during our fall semester. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

VanillaSoft allows you to customize the software to fit your needs. You can add as many or as few custom fields and result codes as you would like. I also appreciate that the callers can use our safe, encrypted giving form as an embedded panel on the screen. Our callers find the software easier to navigate than other software we've used. We haven't used it yet, but the ability to integrate texting as a form of outreach is exciting. I like that you can build in automatic emails and texts based on the result of the call. Lastly, I love that we can pre-record voicemails for our callers to simply "drop" as they are making calls. One complaint from our donors before was that we didn't leave voicemails because we didn't want to waste the time on the phone. Now we can do it without losing as much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

VanillaSoft's reporting can be completely customized and that can sometimes make it difficult to get the information that you want. Also, the dashboard feature is not as easy to customize and you can't quickly see the dollars raised from this screen. You can only have one project active at a time, which makes it difficult if you want to do event invitation or thank you calls concurrently with solicitation calls. Lastly, when not using VanillaSoft, all users and VOIP lines have to be completely deleted from the system or you will be charged. This means each session you have to recreate these even when you have the same callers working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend reviewing a few demos of the software to ensure it fits your needs and your team understands the capacity for customization. I also recommend talking to other universities that are already using the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VanillaSoft is helping us be more strategic in our approach with prospects through our Phonathon channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Insurance Agent
What do you like best?

Vanilla soft is extremely user friendly. I really like that I have the ability to quickly and almost effortlessly continue to move from lead to lead. I also love the automated email that gets sent out from certain dispositions . I would highly recommend using the area codes feature for both calling your leads and texting them. Having at least one phone number per state will help increase contact ratio. Having 2-3 different lines will help avoid phone numbers being blocked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the need to always leave a comment for certain dispositions. If you go into my CRM and open a previously contacted lead to disposition, once dispositioned, it will go back to the lead you last contacted and automatically dial. This can be a pain in the butt because in our office our management team has decided to make use of the 15 second governer. Through the course of the day, this results in several minutes lost due to redialing and waiting to go to the next lead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vanilla Soft is great both for large teams and individuals. There is not something in particular about it I would recommend. It is especially useful for large teams though as it allows for quick and efficient calling, emailing, texting and dispositioning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not really solving any problems by using Vanilla Soft. The largest benefit of Vanilla Soft is having the ability to continuously dial with one simple click, while also having the ability to route leads to certain people at certain times of the day. Other CTMs don't allow you to create this type of randomized dialing, which leaves many leads not touched and not contacted for days , weeks, or even months at a time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The in depth functionality and ease of use are some of my favorite features, it took me no time at all to figure out the software's basics. Then I discovered all of the built in extra functionality, even the "simple" map feature can be vital tool to help start conversations. Fantastic ability to seamlessly integrate lead sources is also fantastic for our office where we have multiple different lead sources we use every single day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dark theme capability, and it runs slower if you use a third party extension or software to get the dark theme to cover VanillaSoft. I have to use VanillaSoft for my entire work day and honestly this has to be my biggest gripe of all; in the modern day we need to be able to reduce the strain on our eyes when we look at computer screens all day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try, you be surprised by how good it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VanillaSoft helps me easily schedule appointments and callbacks that I would be a total mess doing by hand. I am not a very planner so VanillaSoft easy to set appointments and callbacks feature help me stay on top of my business without any automation even. The software works so quickly and efficiently in tandem with the comments feature, I know exactly what I need to talk to each prospect about and I can reschedule them if they need to. VanillaSoft is critical to my business success just because I can stay on top of leads that I would otherwise lose track of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

USHEALTH Advisors
What do you like best?

OH MY! I don't know. Probably for me the unlimited space (at least so far) for notes. I can write down anything & everything that happens or that I need to remember about a prospect or client. ALSO at the TOP of my list is the ability to record multiple v-drop messages. If you get an answering machine, which happens alot, you can immediately click on the v-drop you want, disposition w/correct code, and you are already on your 3rd ring on the next call while VSoft is leaving your personalized message on the previous clients answering machine!

BOTH of these features help a ton when making 200-300 calls per day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish if you clicked backwards or out of the e-mail function you didn't LOSE EVERYTHING you already wrote just because you want to double check a detail!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nobody gets forgotten about or slips between the cracks which is HUGE!! Whether for Sales or Customer Service, this is critical! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The program is intuitive and reps are happy to help or answer any questions. We don't have to miss out on any calling time due to server errors or anything of the like, and if anything does go down, VanillaSoft is quick to communicate that with their customers and users of their product. The custom reporting tool is extremely easy to use and set up and gives back a huge reward. The custom fields truly allow you to add anything that you deem necessary for running your program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

VanillaSoft support is only available until 5pm EST, which is prior to when we're using the software. If anything comes up during calling that we would need support for, we have to wait until the following business day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In higher education fundraising, I think it provides everything you could need! It's customizable, user friendly, and VanillaSoft representatives are nothing but helpful when getting you set up to begin calling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer have to cancel calling due to software malfunctions like we did with our previous software, therefore not missing out on any calling time. Any issues that might come up are never any that would halt calling altogether for the evening. The ability to customize VanillaSoft to be whatever we need it to be has been very beneficial. We're able to integrate things that we were never able to integrate into other softwares, such as ranking affinity score. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the customizable aspect of the software and the user friendly format. I feel very comfortable experimenting with and changing anything that needs to be adjusted in real time. Any information you need is right at you fingertips, truly! And support is absolutely wonderful, they are always very responsive and great to talk to. Rachel is also wonderful, she is clear, concise and well versed in everything she will help you set up and answers any questions you may have! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since it is customizable there are a lot of things you have to do in the set up process, it is the most work you will have to do with the software. However in our case, this took approximately 10 days so the setup was more intensive, but once it is finished, it's a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in higher ed, use VanillaSoft. I looked into multiple options instead, Wilson Bennet, Shift Marketing, and others and this surpassed all of them and more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We previously had RNL as our Phonathon software, so this is the complete opposite. Instead of waiting days or even a week for information on our donors or fixing errors we are changing the things we struggle with ourselves, in minutes. This is huge! If a student codes a donor wrong, we fix it in seconds and if we need a comprehensive report, we can create that in a few minutes. This makes Phonathon so much more efficient, and it is wildly more affordable in comparison to RNL. Customer service is also vastly improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The main thing I like about vanilla soft is the flexibility it gives. We can upload our own data (in stages, if we want, meaning it is easy to refresh any new gifts that might have come in) and adjust any fields displayed to the callers. You can set up your own scripts, funds, users, etc, and all of this is very easy to change.

Another big plus for me is that it is very easy for the callers to use - far more intuitive than any other calling software I’ve used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main downside to vanilla soft is the reporting - you can set up your own reports, but don’t have a running total on your screen or other basic stats.

I prefer the call allocation on different software that I have used, but as vanilla soft allows you to upload your own data, I don’t think it’s possible for VS to do this the same way - and that small price is something I will happily pay for the increased flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only issue that we seem to have is that our giving history gift dates seem to come up in American format most of the time, even when the campaign is set to U.K. format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how customizable VanillaSoft is, and how quickly I can apply changes. Having control over importing data and how that data appears on the screen is really nice. I like that I'm not dependent on an IT department to make any tweaks, I can easily do it all myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Exporting demographic information that has changed is a frustrating element, and I wish that you could use the reporting function to pull that data out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have much more control over which callers are reaching out to which people. I can route high-level donors to my top callers based on their past giving, easily filter out people in a specific zip code, or prioritize calling based on graduation year. It allows me to spend less time on segmenting calling groups without losing the opportunity to tailor outreach to specific people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Licensed Health Insurance Agent
What do you like best?

It's very consistent and allows me to keep track of clients I haven't closed, are near to closing, and those who are in the talking/emailing stage. It's very user-friendly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much- sometimes it's difficult to know which outgoing message is playing because the voice prompts say voice mail, when really I'm wanting to leave a message. My 'voice mail' may not be the message I'd like to leave a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's one of the most affordable and reliable tools for crm management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are great features of VS and it's the ease with which one can utilize it and contact hundreds a day. It's very easy to locate old VS leads based on date and status, plus it allows you to set as many calendar reminders as needed to make sure you're following up with all your clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

Keeps track of all of my leads and allows me to schedule appointments, integrate calendars, disposition or just by choosing no contact, the leads will automatically present themselves in an orderly fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Consistently logs you out and asks for proof that you are not a robot, which can also log you out and this leads to some frustration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intergrate this with all of your lead sources. You won’t regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is my main hub for all of my leads. I would not be able to work without it. I can easily look up anyone I have ever contacted in seconds by entering I n the phone number, email, or first/last name, which really helps when someone contacts you. Plus you can intergrate all of your other lead sources so it all can be managed on one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easiest and most cost effective system for higher education phone a thons that i have come accross. Customer Support is excellent - user friendly and easy to upload data. Easy to train callers to enter data. Gift processing. Cloud based. Rachel Spencer is amzing and understands the needs of Higher Education. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports have to be build out and were a little difficult to understand. Time differences is somtimes difficult to work around. Set times. We only call certain months and not being able to access system except on contracted times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend for Higher education phonathons on a budget. I highley recommend Rachel Spencer to do set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cost effective - less training time for callers - less time spent on upload of data. Raising more money becuse callers can enter information and gift processing quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like about VanillaSoft is that is is a very professional and easy to operate workspace. You can find and access what you need fairly quickly and easily. Knowing that I am using such a easy to operate workspace to help the individual needs of prospective students is very rewarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have very many dislikes about VanillaSoft. I would have to say that temporary freezing may have to be my only dislike. Although this does not happen often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VanillaSoft is a great workplace tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I am solving using VanillaSoft is locating student leads in the system, and transferring them to the appropriate school using the CMV HUD. The benefits I realized while using VanillaSoft is the better skills I have acquired, such as typing and quickness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our employees have loved this software and the easy integration with our email, phones and texting services. The most valuable thing for me was that in the beginning, they worked very closely with me on getting everything set up and helped me understand how everything worked. I am a small insurance agency and did not have any experience with these types of systems. The initial set up and training was very fluid and easy for me. I couldn't be happier with our experience so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some flexibility on texting with various VOIP vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vanilla Soft gave us the ability to track potential customers in real time and build a fully interactive cadence process. It has allowed us to redesign our entire marketing program and reach a much broader range of customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specialist, Annual Fund Outreach
What do you like best?

Our University has specific needs for our Phonathon, and VanillaSoft is super easy to customize for our specific needs. I also appreciate the support at VanillaSoft - they are incredibly helpful and timely and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are very small details about VanillaSoft that we have issues with. Our main CRM on campus doesn't automatically communicate with VanillaSoft, so the daily data refresh is a manual process. I would also really love to see our routing queue in its entirety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider VanillaSoft - their support is fantastic. We've met with some very high individuals within the program who listened to our want list, and have started looking into those updates for other clients as well as for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving false data. The benefits overall are numerous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to customize fields, scripts and honestly anything in a moments notice! Our Call Center program is constantly evolving and we are trying new tactics. It's nice to use a software that can keep up with our pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is an extensive amount of set up time needed to get the system customized to your liking, so you need to plan ahead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to create filters for our calling, that really targets our alumni base in more granular way than ever before.

Using the texting feature has really helped us connect with out younger alumni, who do not typically pick up the phone. Students can have full conversations over text with alumni and we are even receiving gifts that way. That's a game-changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Using Vanillasoft has been so helpful for out team for the passed 10 years. Seamless integration between all of our VOIP systems make it a definite go to to manage our client portfolio. Support is always available and the user interface is incredibly easy to use. I wouldn't use any other CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say is that a mobile version would be great. That's the only thing lacking. Being able to log in on the go would be very helpful. Logging in is possible but it's in desktop view which makes it difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to get a trial version to make sure it's a good fit for the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of not having customer detail in a clear view.

The major benefits have been the connection to out VOIP systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner and Founder at Chambers Virtual Assisting
What do you like best?

As a subcontractor who contributes a lot of data entry, it is one of the easier software programs I have dealt with. It is pretty easy to understand and easy to enter data that is requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program would work better if there were more search fields under the search contacts tab. I do not think there are enough choices to choose from and would like additional ways to search for contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to find most of the items I need when requested from a variety of resources. It is beneficial to be able to set up different templates in the system to be used by different parts of the team that use the contacts for different jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the thorough nature of the set up- it makes for much easier use in the long run. The staff is abundantly helpful for every question whether it's during set up, or throughout our calling season! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I haven't discovered all that the product can do...yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The set up is a process- but stick it out- it's worth it! I learned so much about what our university needs through the set up process and considering "why we do things the way we do." The staff are also ALWAYS available for quick questions or additional conversations to work through any problem and help provide best practice suggestions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are reaching more constituents with the software and are experiencing less caller frustration with navigating the software itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.