Unsplash Reviews & Product Details

Learning and Instructional Designer
What do you like best?

Huge selection of royalty-free images that get updated often. There are albums and albums of images that can be downloaded and used in your projects (with attribution). There are artists and photographers that contribute often and provide lots of different options. These are generally very inclusive and allow you to find the best option for your project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything to dislike. The site offers an amazing array of options. The only thing I might say is that most of the photos are already color corrected and edited. Which in most cases is ok, but if you are going for a specific look or need it to be landscape vs. portrait, it can take a while to find what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the images tastefully and make sure you always give attribution to the original photographer or artist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I build online training and most people think of awful stock photos or 90's clip-art when they think of taking an online course. Unsplash helps avoid those pitfalls and ensure your project pops off the screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unsplash Overview

What is Unsplash?

Unsplash is a marketplace for high resolution images.

Unsplash Details

Unsplash is a marketplace for high resolution images.

Unsplash
2013
Montreal, Canada
@unsplash
Answer a few questions to help the Unsplash community
Have you used Unsplash before?

Unsplash Reviews

Showing 36 Unsplash reviews
Already have Unsplash?
Director of Marketing
Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Honestly, you cant beat the price.. Free. It is also very easy to use and there are lots of photo options out there. Nine times out of 10, I can find something that will work for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a larger variety of photo styles. It can be a little bit repetitive at times. But still you can't complain when something else almost perfect and free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend checking out unsplash if you are looking for images for those simple graphic projects. You really can't go wrong. It's pretty self explainitory but make sure you search all posible keywords that may be linked to the image you are looking for. That may help yeild better results for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do a lot of small projects that are not really worth going out and purchasing a bunch of images for so unsplash is a great way to give some extra kick to those projects. Many times being the same quality as the paid sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Minister, Writer, Speaker, and Life Coach
What do you like best?

Unsplash gives me free access to beautiful photography that I can use on my website and social media platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I could possibly say I dislike is that sometimes the keywords I use to search don’t bring up any results. (But then I just try a different keyword!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use beautiful photography on my website and social media platforms instead of basic, staged stock photos. This helps bring my brand to life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most prominent thing about Unsplash is that it offers free stock images category wise making it better for a user to find what they are actually looking for. Other than this, it is not required to verify captcha every time prior to downloading any image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it offers varieties of free stock images to use, sometimes specific types are not found because those stock images are mostly generic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I often need to source lots of stock images weather for using them on the website, blog, social media profiles of our company, and Unsplash conveniently addresses this problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Designer
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The selection is amazing - tons of photos for basically any purpose you might have. Great mix of abstract images, architecture, people, emotions, etc. It also integrates smoothly into the Canvas LMS, which is useful for adding visuals to online courses for decoration or instruction. The collection is easy to navigate with the "topic" structure as well, and the collection is always growing so some of the drawbacks or dislikes may become moot in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In cases where we've had a really specific need ("sad student," "business togetherness"), Unsplash doesn't always have a magic bullet photo like the paid sites like Adobe Stock tend to. The lack of stock video is a minor drawback as well - we have other sources for free stock footage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it - what have you got to lose? Especially if you use Canvas as your LMS (or if you use any of the other tools that have built-in Unsplash integrations like Prezi, Wix, Medium, etc.), you can't beat the price. Unsplash is an easy first check for stock photos before you go to a paid site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unsplash for Canvas is a huge upgrade from the old Flickr integration; the quality of subjects and photos both is much improved, and it helps to have an easy resource to direct faculty members toward to visually enhance their courses.

For many assignments, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin/Content Writer
What do you like best?

Great variety of free, quality photos. Easy to find what I'm looking for using the search bar. Like the page display of only 3 photos per "line" vs. having to look at 4-6 photos per "line". There is a ton a variety each time you search for a subject and there are color and B&W photos. I like having the option to choose from a variety of download sizes. "Explore" button provides categories such as backgrounds, images, wallpapers which makes it even easier to find what I'm looking for. "Topics" provides a quick way for me to see a group of images related to my topic, some of which I wouldn't have seen if I had only searched for a word. I also like that I can scroll and scroll down the page without having to hit "next page". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A greater variety of contributors would be nice to provide more photo options. For example, sometimes when I search for images with people in them, I see the same people over and over again, photographed at different angles. Like other sites I've used, random unrelated photos show up in your search but it isn't as bad as other sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save yourself time by using Unsplash. You'll get free, quality photos which are easy to search and come in a variety of sizes. Whether you need an image for a blog article, a guide, or social media, Unsplash has an image to meet your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unsplash had saved me time by allowing me to go to one site and find a great variety of quality images for marketing and blogging. I know the photos are free, and I don't have to deal with copyright issues I've found when doing a random Google search for an image. The images allow me to make my articles and guides look more professional too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Creator
What do you like best?

What I love about this product is the fact that I can search for anything I’m looking for and find tons of options as well as finding new and exciting things I wasn’t even looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes, sometimes if you are looking for something specific depending on what it may be it may be difficult to find a perfect shot of ____(x)___ thing.sometimes you have to shift thru what seems like a thousand pages until you find that perfect image you want to use but I’m also a slight perfectionist as well. And sometimes although there’s a LARGE variety to choose from it can be quite repetitive in nature . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Have a few key words you want to search for in mind already thought of before going on a huge search if you are looking for something in particular

2. Have an open mind and let your creativity flow! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s a great resource to help when you are struggling to find things to build a diverse portfolio or if you may need some quick Inspo. It’s a great FREE resource as well it’s something I highly recommend to anyone from individuals that are just starting out , needing DIY HELP, or even the top professionals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

It's a very simple website where you search and quickly download photography for your projects.

First of all it's free and you can use the the resources anywhere you need to.

There is a very large variety of qualoity photos in high resolution.

It's one of the best free photography websites I've ever been to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There could be more categories but remember they are free, So we should be grateful for what the site provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like the webste to have more categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes you just don't have the budget for some little projects. Or need a quick go-to source of free photography, ana that's Unsplash, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

The UI is clear, the photos are quality. The emotion in the photos is great compared to other sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There could be more options from the same shoots. Usually there is a photo I like but not many angles or versions of the same things. I usually need banner sized photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! Definitely give it a search the next time you need something. Sometimes i'm surprised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Usually I am collecting visuals for coperate graphics or creative design projects. Sometimes I use them in collages and I also like browsing for fun and inspiration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can download photos for free and support photographers by exhibiting their work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all searches come up with results, and it's difficult to know whether a photo is accurate to my search phrase because the titles are vague. For example, if I want to find a photo from a small town in Belgium, I don't know whether the photo is actually from that particular town. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this for free photo downloads but if you're trying to find obscure photos then might not be the right tool for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Unsplash in our social media and blog posts. The benefits are that we know there are no potential copyright issues since the photos were released by their owner for people to use on this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I love the access to free high quality photos! They really come in handy. Especially since the photos come in high quality sizes and are easy to download. The photos are often very modern and diverse which I appreciate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I wish there was a larger selection of photographs and different styles of photography. Sometimes the photos are a little too unprofessional to use for corporate businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many small businesses can't afford to hire a photographer, so this is a great resource for new businesses with limited budgets. This platform also helps photographers gain exposure and build their portfolios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lots of great content and creators. A lot of options to choose from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How unorganized all of the photos can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using photos for content we create for social media and other projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I love the selection, quality and ease of use to find great photos that work for designing my site. My mentors turned me onto this site and I am so grateful. They had nothing but amazing rave reviews and they were right! I love it and wonder what I did before I used it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some can be generic but most often I find the perfect photo. I really love this resource and cant think of too may cons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will love this resource! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer have to pay for hi quality photos-- and these are easily uploaded to canvas for ease of design. I love how easy it is to search and the fantastic variety of photos and search terms. I no longer have to pay a photographer for great images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the artistic nature of stock photos offered by Unsplash. They aren't kitschy or cliche like so many you see on other sites. Plus, I love that they come from aspiring photographers from all over the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if photos were more consistently tagged or easier to filter. I oftentimes find myself typing in synonyms of the keyword that matches what I'm looking for many times before finally finding a photo that fits the bill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A it's a free service so no reason not to give it a shot! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's not realistic to spend $100 every time our company or one of our clients needs a stock photo. Being able to use Unsplash and find stock photos for free for blog posts or social media posts is awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The images are high quality and there is a lot of variety when it comes to content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is I wish there were more photos, but they build their content library over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free, so I highly recommend taking advantage of this amazing content resource! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to find photos of things that my staff and I are not equipped to take ourselves. It saves us time and money for marketing and social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Co-ordinator
What do you like best?

When looking for Images for anything I am working on, Unsplash is my go to search. They have incredible quality photos that have real people and real landscapes and everything else. I like that there are many contributors who all have different styles and editing preferences. It provides many different options and feels, depending on the project. It is simple. It is free. What is not to love about Unsplash! I definitely recommend this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I get to specific for what I am looking for, they do not have it. Also, sometimes in a search the photos that appear seem very unrelated to what I do need. This is probably the only dislike I have of this website. It is so easy to use, user friendly yet may not yet have the exact photos you are looking for depending on how specific you are looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get using this website. It is a great resource. If you are into photography, add your work into this shared space and contribute to these already amazing photos. It is a way to share with those the beauty that you capture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unsplash solves the problem of spending so much time looking for quality images. It provides the images also instantaneously. The benefits of Unsplash is that you are able to use these images free. Because there are so many contributors to Unsplash as well, you get many different varieties of photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

The free access to amazing and wonderful pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It always asking to give credit, I get it , but its a little much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

if you are a designer and you need images completely free then you must try this unsplash.com. this will be the biggest collection of free images. i have been using this for about 2 years it gives me a lot of images at zero cost we can customize or use the downloaded images at our own needs with out any licence issues.

we can create custom collections in here and download later

its search is very nice we will get the result faster with any related combination of keyword for search Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i like it very much no dislikes at all its realy nice one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if your are a designer you must try this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

downloading images for my designing skills Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Storytelling & Brand Lead
What do you like best?

I love the quality and variety of shots, they are much more organic in nature than stock websites. They are photos taken by incredibly talented photographers, but generally are shot on location rather than in a clinical studio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of events photos, particularly around current events around the world. We still have to use Getty Images for these. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Collections feature, it’s perfect for individual projects and compiling relevant photos for use later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have replaced our reliance on pricy stock photograph websites with Unsplash, which gives us free unadulterated access to millions of high quality lifestyle imagery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of photos and the great photo quality. I also like how you can create different collections to save photos for later use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there are a lot of advertised photos and how there isn't an easier way to search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to use stock photos with a license number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

It is cheaper than other sites and good for finding a quick photo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have the variety of images other sites do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's good for finding a quick featured image Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Relation Manager
What do you like best?

for my work i want to create images for for facebook ads for my company so i need images for that i need free images without any legal issues unsplash is the one that gives me free images. its easy to search images in unsplash i get all my needed images easily from unsplash Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

as if now i dont have any dislikes only one suggestion in listing its better to use thumbnail images so that listing loads faster Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All Images are free here Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

all the required images are loaded in the first search for free of cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

What I like best a bout this website is being able to search based off of emotions. For example If I type "sad" into the search bar then press enter it will pop up with images that convey that emotion almost perfect in my opinion. I really like being able to save image to a collection so i don't have to download all the images i like but don't want to use just yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike Most about this website is how Every time I download an image I get a popup on my screen asking to give the artist credit. I'm all for giving the artist their due credit and all but to have a pop up every single time can be quite annoying and sometimes ill switch sites just because of this detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create A Profile So You Can Save Your Collections instead of having to download every image t hat you like. It Will save hard drive space in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

by using unsplash im able to use their extensive library of images and create my own original images. I'm a writer so when I write blog posts I will use images to add to the over all readability of my post. I also use the images in my email marketing campaigns to create pattern interrupts to help with my click through rates. Since I started using unsplash I have been able to see an increase in click through rates. i realized this after running some experiments and measuring my results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Operations Manager
What do you like best?

I think the most obvious advantage to using Unsplash is that it's completely free and with no strings attached. I think a lot of designers have ran into the same issue with "free stock photo" sites in that there is a lot of fine print around licensing and usage rights. Sometimes each photo has its own terms decided by the photographer on how you're allowed to use it while others sometimes straight out say that the photos are only free for personal use. Unsplash, on the other hand, makes it clear that any photo on their site is completely free for any type of use, even modification and distribution (which is very rare). I also LOVE how easy they make it to download a photo. Many other sites make it a process to download a photo by doing things like opening a new tab for each image to download one by one, or sending a separate download link to your email for each photo you want. On Unsplash, you can download photos right from the main browsing/gallery page. Each thumbnail has a little download icon right on it so you don't have to click or open a new page to download the image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have disliked about using Unsplash is that they don't make it as easy to add a photo to a "collection" as they do to download the photo. While browsing or viewing a gallery of photos, each thumbnail of the image has a little icon on it to either download the image or add it to a "collection", which are albums that users can create to keep groups of photos they want to save together. While the download icon is very convenient and downloads the image immediately when you click it without a pop-up or opening a new page/tab - the "add to collection" button is more inconvenient. When you click this button a pop-up comes up and then you have to choose which album you want to put the photo in, and then exit out of the pop-up. While this may seem trivial, if you are adding a lot of pictures this can get tedious very fast, it's more like 5 clicks per photo as opposed to the one click it takes to download. I think it would be a lot more convenient if the "add to collection" icon prompted a pull-down menu instead of a pop-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great site that you have no risk in using since it's completely free with full licensing rights to all it's photos. All images LOOK professional, so there is no skimming through trying to find the good ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With email marketing and social media as prominent as it is today, it no longer makes sense to pay $50 for a stock image that will only be used for something that is going to be seen for a day. For print materials it obviously makes a lot more sense. So, the business problems we are solving with Unsplash is being able to afford to use professional looking photos for social media and email marketing, and also having the variety needed to keep content fresh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photographer
What do you like best?

I'm on unsplash all the time. for someone who works for a non-profit who can't afford to buy stock photos all the time, using unsplash is incredibly helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was recently looking for hospital room images but couldn't find any on your site. Get more image of hospitals and medical stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the good work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to quickly find and image I need for a project and knowing that I can use it worry free of being sued or copy-write infringement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.