Pharos Uniprint Reviews & Product Details

Systems Analyst
What do you like best?

Unprint enables our students to be able to easily log onto our systems and print their assignments and projects. Unprint is a stable production application for our University. We like the ability of Uniprint integration with our billing systems. We love our Uniprint system. Our favorite part of the Unprint system is the support technicians we work with. They are quick to respond, easy to work with and they know the product inside out. We work with many different vendors and Pharos is by far the best to work with in a Higher Education Environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Uniprint is the occasional issue with the remote pop up on our students Mac laptops. We have found the integration with Mac devices to be cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it out in your environment for yourself. It is a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Uniprint enables our students to be able to print in a centralized location whether in our library or from their dorm room. The benefits of a managed printing system for our students saves us time and money and free's us up to work on other production applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pharos Uniprint Overview

What is Pharos Uniprint?

Pharos Uniprint is a popular print management solution suite for higher education institutions and libraries. It’s a scalable solution that serves some of the largest universities in the world. Uniprint provides everything you need to manage print at your school, including student and faculty charging, mobile printing, comprehensive print analytics and device fleet insights, computer lab and library solutions, and integration with Google Cloud Print

Pharos Uniprint Details

@PharosSystems
524 Twitter followers

Pharos Uniprint Reviews

Showing 18 Pharos Uniprint reviews
Already have Pharos Uniprint?
UE
What do you like best?

I used the app and it's great. I consider myself fairly-tech-savvy but this is one of the best. The android version of the application has more features. I love that it has the options to print at many ranges of documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are only a few limited options. On the app it can only print commands from the box app. The application for apple needs to be updated. For people that have android phones or devices they can do so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a chance to learn the features and once you have those down you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to print less. I love how it has many options for printing range. Most websites and apps don't. It's a great concept and has been very convenient. I can simply print without having to go through a million of obstacles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It minimizes the admin of printing in a easy to use format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Needs more innovation and upgrades to compete in digital era Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it twice and found it very easy to use so still to be decided on what solutions it will provide Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

easy to admin and install, easy to diagnose, support team have been helpful in the past but not always as they do take time to reply Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no issues as have not used it so much its only for one of our partner companies called medical research foundation. but so far so good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

have a better customer service team to help with known issues. send updates when down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

corrupt profile is quite common. benefits are that its a easy to fix and one stop solution for printing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

No need to connect to wifi or go through the hassles of a supposedly "wireless printer" not doing its job. This platform is quick and ensures optimal cloud hosting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free package does not include as many features as do elevated licenses. Aditionally, there are glitches to get around like licensure processing. updating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is no need to wait on a slow printer anymore or switch to a desktop, which aren't plentiful anymore. To deliver print outs to customers has never been easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical assistant
What do you like best?

It’s quick and easy. User friendly and makes things easier when you’re trying to print multiple documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes. If the printer is out of paper, it will charge your account and the documents will not print Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like how it saves to your account and then you can select what documents you need to print once you swipe your card at the printer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student
What do you like best?

It makes it easy for you to print on campus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to install the software on your computer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that it helps me save time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

The layout of software and exceptional customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The installation driver install instructions could be clearer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great piece of software that allows me to easily manage my printing environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially, an issue installing a specific driver however, this has now been resolved to my satisfaction and the support was exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

The best thing about using Uniprint is the easiness and user friendly built up it posseses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes lags and there are times it has problems with the size of the paper Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's made the office paper work very easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the user-friendliness of this printing program. It is streamlined and easy to navigate. I have not experienced many errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the print lag time. Sometimes I am left waiting for a large job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Choose Uniprint over competitors! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made my tasks in the library easier and faster. I appreciate the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that uniprint makes it easier for groups to print everything uniformly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside is that the pages are sometimes printed out of order Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems solved are the ability to work as an actual team instead of having to piece it all together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pharos Uniprint is an amazing printing software that my institution uses. It is offered to all staff for free, it is easily accessible, and it is a quick download! I can't ask for anymore in a printing-software manager. Thanks Pharos Uniprint! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Pharos Uniprint, but when some people go to actually print on the communal printers, some less tech-savvy people can get confused on the printer's options and user interface. I have had to help teach people how to download the software and use it to print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep on doing a great job! Pharos Uniprint is a quick and easy software for me to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of everyone in my office using their own laserjet printer (expensive on ink!), Pharos Uniprint allows everyone to print on one communal, high quality, ink-saving printer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Can assign to specific usernames and charge account balances accordingly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes glitches, loses print jobs. Range when using laptop is not far enough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organize printing credit for multiple users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Pharos out of the box has many usable features making it easy to inforporate into my environment without adding any customizations.

Our customers enjoy the ease to print and securely manage their print jobe from anywhere on campus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No single sign-on for secure release on the printers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Users can manage their own print queues via the web and see their history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EH
What do you like best?

We're able to have all our staff and students use pull for print and bill to multiple cost centers at any device. After 7 years, we really don't have any system issues with Pharos. Nearly everything that might warrant a complaint is something that was local to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our problems are our own. But we're always going to have to bill, so we need any new solutions to be billable to end-users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple billing options; multiple MFD options; accessibility issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Let’s students print easily regardless of device Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues with formatting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to upload remotely and print at convenient location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The students are able to print wherever they want to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really no complaints. They’ve been a solid product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized print management for our students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and there are as many options for printing, if not more, as a normal print dialogue box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I've sent documents to UniPrint, it doesn't open automatically/the document doesn't appear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use uniprint to easily access our printer across all of our computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Customer Care - Office of Information Technology
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like that I have one print queue and people can then have their print job come out on any number of printers. Print once and release anywhere. It simplifies my job in IT and provides maximum flexibility. It is a great way to do secure printing as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to have a client on each computer. It doesn't help that this client often has to be upgraded and it a little problematic in its upgrade. I also do not like that printing from a mobile device is a separate purchased product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PaperCut is the popular guy right now but uniprint is still a quality product. Give both a good review before just following the crowd. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pharos allows our organization to print in a number of different ways. I can setup departments to print and monthly I provide them a bill for what they have used. Our students receive a free print quota and once they have used their allotment they can pay to add more. And our guests can purchase credits to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Pharos Uniprint?

Pharos Uniprint Categories on G2