uAttend Reviews & Product Details

CEO
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

I have a small team of employees, all of whom work from home.

I don't have the time to nag them to email me their hours each month for payroll so I use uAttend.

I used to use Minute7, but it became progressively more expensive as my team grew. uAttend is more reasonably priced, and it comes with a whole bunch of time clock and mobile options.

I originally purchased the finger print time clock from Costco, but when I closed my central office, it wasn't a viable option to have a time shop at each employees home.

To sum up why I like it, it is cost effective and it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a little more automation. For instance I'd like to get an email automatically once a week with the past week's employee time totals and I'd like to get an email at the end of the month to run payroll.

I asked support if this was possible and I got some cryptic response about needing an FTP server. I have one, but to be honest, if I need my own infrastructure to get something as simple as an email I'm already not interested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't had any problems with it.

Time clocks are not rocket science. If they don't work my employees don't get paid. That's more of a problem for them, but it's also a problem for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to ask my employees to email me their times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

uAttend Overview

What is uAttend?

uAttend was built for businesses that need an easy-to-use, affordable, and reliable time and attendance system. Securely Capture Every Punch Capture every punch from every time clock in your uAttend cloud account the instant it happens. See who’s in, who’s out, who’s early, who’s late in real time from your computer, laptop, or smartphone. No more chasing paper time cards for answers. Manage Time Cards Anywhere Quickly review, approve, and calculate all your digital time cards in your uAttend cloud account. Check, edit, and configure employee hours in minutes. Review one at a time or in batches. No more costly paper cards, messy ink ribbons, or annoying errors. Export Hours To Any Payroll Automatically calculate, review, and approve employee hours for any pay period in your uAttend cloud account. Export to any payroll system in minutes. It’s that easy. No more pencils, calculators, calendars, or expensive human errors. Run Reports On All Your Data Get the latest details on all your time and attendance data by running real-time reports in your uAttend cloud account. You can even run a system-wide report to get a closer look at everything. No more searching for a needle in a haystack. Empower Employee Interaction Give your employees more visibility into their time and attendance totals, while enabling easier answers to routine requests. Your uAttend time clocks and cloud account streamline interactions. No more back and forth for simple questions.

uAttend Details

Time and Attendance Software

Workwell
2005
Carlsbad, CA
@ProcessingPoint
93 Twitter followers

uAttend Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the uAttend community
Have you used uAttend before?

uAttend Reviews

Showing 18 uAttend reviews
Already have uAttend?
Associate Pastor of Administration
Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

I guess the bottom line what I like 'Best' is the value of the product. We have gone through numerous time systems and this is the one that everyone (Payroll, Management, HR) like the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One major issue we have had is that the bio-metric capture can be very iffy. Sometimes you have to make several attempts before it captures you fingerprint to log you in. Often, employees will revert to the failsafe method of using a code to log the employee in, which in some ways defeats the benefit of a bio-metric log-in/log-out system in the first place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't think you'll find the functionality for the price anywhere else that you find with uAttend. We have not come across anything where we have had to say "Oh, I wish it did this, too". It is intuitive and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

uAttend has given the Payroll department significantly more flexibility in how employees can sign in. Our last solution let everyone sign in any way they wanted to, and it was difficult in the system to tell how an individual signs in. Now, Payroll can assign methods of logging in to different groups or even on the individual level. As an example, we have field supervisors who may start their day in the field and not come straight into the office. This system allows those employees to use an app on their smartphones and log in and out. At this time we are also under the COVID 19 restrictions. We have been able to assign the app log in/out feature to select employees, allowing them to work from home during this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Office Coor
What do you like best?

I love that I can check the status of the clock and my employee's clock in and out times remotely. I can use my work desktop, my laptop or even my cell phone to log in and check things or make any notes or changes. It is super convenient and since we use the fingerprint scanner it has stopped employee's from stealing time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the clock will stop working - whether it is internet issue or just a general system issue which can cause problems if we do have multiple people trying to clock in or out but this happens rarely and isn't something major. It can always be fixed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps employee's honest about their time. They have to clock in and out with fingerprints so no one else can clock them in and they cannot alter their time in anyway Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

I love being able to go in and make changes that are needed and any adjustments. It is also nice that I can have the app on my phone and make changes when I am off site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to set the clock system that would not default to clocking someone in after more than 12 hour shift - we have some employees who work 15 hours and it will clock them in again instead of out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had an issue with employees taking extended breaks and forging time cards so now that we use the finger print scanner time clock system we have no issues and can easy detect any inappropriate behavior as far as time collection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

Very user friendly and versatile software in order to track users time in specific departments and send reports to run payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One major flaw in the software is the lack of control in the software. You should be able to automatically email a report at the end of the day on the last day of the month however it will only allow you to email a report on the first day of the new month (when wages should already of been paid)

More control over when timecards are automatically sent would fix this flaw in the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use U attend to monitor staff in and out of the building and by using the 'departments' as jobs we have actually managed to track staff time on and off jobs which increases our productivity and transparency of manufacturing times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

uAttend is simple. Our time is easily recorded for our Payroll Dept to use for payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't encountered anything I dislike about uAttend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to keep track of my hours worked with minimal effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

Its so simple and makes keeping track of employees time a piece of cake Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to open reports as PDF’s Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m able to finish my payroll faster because of all the different reports i can do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

Aside from the easy to use interface, the low monthly cost, and the support either via phone or email, the best thing about uAttend is the ease of use for the employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I were to have a complaint, and I’m not saying I do, it would be that the setup is not as configurable as I would like (it’s very configurable, but you cannot make a lot of custom options) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking and payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

It’s simple to just clock in/out at beginning of day and end of day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, I cannot clock in/out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No need to write down hours manually. Easier to track hours for the week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eligibility Specialist
Government Administration
What do you like best?

A good system to keep track of time, easy to override errors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The formatting is difficult, it is hard to input the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Double check everything you put it in. Errors in formatting or time card can lead to miscalculation of hours. You have to really watch it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were having issues with out payroll management. Our labor costs were very high. This has helped solve that issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Love the mobile app feature. It makes it very easy for those who are traveling for work trips and have evening work functions to track their hours and show they are producing more than the expected 40 hours for salary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't think there's something that I don't like. It's a very easy program to use, very user-friendly across all age groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy for employees of all age levels to use. The app feature is what is used most often by users, allows those who are traveling our out of the office regularly to track their hours easily. Also then shows the value of those salary employees who are working off-site and out of town on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking salary employee hours, in addition to making it easy to track all hours in one place, for hourly and salary. Benefits include showing employee value and additional time put in by salary employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
Hospitality
What do you like best?

The initial purchase price is very reasonable and the monthly fee is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If the Internet goes down, employees cannot punch in. The punches can be added manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Upgrade to the wireless model for ease of set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fingerprint prevents buddy punching so payroll is more accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clerk
Arts and Crafts
What do you like best?

It’s an easy and comfortable machine and app to use . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when the internet connection has issues that would be a serious problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We clock in and out with that . Keep records of our hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Accountant
Accounting
What do you like best?

After setting up the devices, users can easily track and record time cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are some problems regarding identifying employees' fingerprints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to improve the identification and recognition of uAttend. Sometimes there are difficulties for employees to let devices identify their fingerprints that they have to use hand-written time cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Timely control and record attendance of employees to calculate salaries for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chiropractic Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of this software, plus it is easy to follow and keep track of hours. Gives you the opportunity to take a break/lunch without worrying about missing hours. It easily displays overtime hours and all your basic hours as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not noticed anything to dislike so far. The software is very good! One downfall is not being able to edit your time card if you forget to punch in/out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use this product, super easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems so far, and easy access to employers hours. Plus the overall software is easy to follow, and gives the employees a better understanding of their hours and where they are at. Very good software, would recommend to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Quality Review Specialist
Insurance
What do you like best?

It's easy to keep track of employee times in and out by both wall mount and online application process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot make changes to a time off request once it has been submitted. Have to have administration take care of it to make any changes once time off is requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clocking in and out for all 90 employees by both wall mount and online application. Saves and tracks a lot of time for all 90 employees. Easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

We use the biometrics time clock and it's pretty easy to use. The unit is fairly inexpensive and the web interface is really easy. It's pretty intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you initially get the time clock it looks for an open IP address and can get kicked off your network, making it inconvenient for people coming in and out when it happens. This is easily resolved once you create a static IP address for the machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great for small businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time clock solutions. This is great because with the biometrics, you know that it's the actual employee clocking in and out (it uses fingerprint recognition). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

Ease of use, internet access and wireless connectivity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing in specific that i dislike in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing office security and enforcing accountability of office hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.