TurboCAD Pro Platinum is a professional 2D/3D CAD application that offers a great collection of 2D/3D design tools to design, modify, present, and document in an integrated fashion. An optional AutoCAD®-like 2D drafting interface with command line and dynamic input cursor helps professionals already familiar with AutoCAD easily get up to speed. Advanced technology —a powerful drafting palette, D-Cubed constraints, and ACIS® engine—enhance productivity. Advanced architectural and mechanical design tools add even greater flexibility and control, while superior LightWorks® rendering controls produce powerful presentations. Plus TurboCAD Pro Platinum is programmable and supports over 40 file formats including .DWG, .DXF, .SKP, 3D .PDF, and .STL for 3D printing.
• Time Saving Features – 64-Bit Compatible Version, GPU-accelerated Drawing Engine, Multi-threading Support, Progressive, Ray-traced Rendering, New Redsdk 3.3 Rendering Engine, AutoCAD 2D work-alike mode, and more!
• Precision Drafting & Detailing – A large selection of 2D and 3D tools, snaps modification, and drawing aids, powerful drafting palette, history tree with editor, advanced layer controls, PDF underlay, a full range of dimension types and styles, tables, text, viewports and more!
• Powerful Architectural Tools – House wizard, self-healing walls & self aligning blocks, AutoCAD® Architecture (ACA) compatible architectural objects (parametric), section, elevation, and terrain tools, styles & style manager!
• Robust Mechanical Tools – New ACIS® R24 engine, 3D solid and surface design and modification tools, geometric and dimensional constraints, assembly tools, a powerful parametric parts manager, and more!
• Rendering & Visualization – Choose from wireframe, hidden line, or high quality photorealistic rendering with material editor as well as artistic render styles. Both a Lightworks and Redsdk engines are available with a universal manager.
• Outstanding File Compatibility – Open, import, or embed up to 35 file formats and export up to 28, including newly updated AutoCAD® 2013 .DWG, Adobe 3D .PDF, and many others making it an excellent companion product.
Czech, German, English, French, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)
TurboCAD is a feature-rich solution perfect for CAD users involved in documenting the design workflow.
How do you position yourself against your competitors?
We see TurboCAD Pro Platinum as a broad-spectrum CAD title which is equally appealing to professional AEC CAD users, as well as to professionals in the Mechanical CAD design space. Accordingly, our primary competitor is AutoCAD and we position our selves against them by offering more functionality at a less expensive price, AND doing this with a UI that is can be set up to be very AutoCAD-like – Command Line, Intelligent Cursor, similar menu structure, and of course complete DWG, DXF and DWF file compatibility.
The price point is nice for small companies that need 3D models to be relevant in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
What do you dislike?
Updated 10/12/2016 - Travis worked with me on the phone and via screen share to address the concerns in my original post. His technical knowledge of the program is excellent. He showed that I wasn't using best practices to perform the things I wanted to do which most likely led to the issues I outlined below. He also showed me a few workarounds if the program does get hung up and crash. Overall, I am satisfied.
I can't stand the performance of this program. I have problems every single day. My UI changes normally despite saving the layout, 3D facet editing tools only work sometimes, models are slow to render at any quality, editing is a nightmare. On top of all that, when I called IMSI Design/TurboCAD for help, they don't offer any. All they do is ask me to reinstall the software and expect everything to work. I have asked several times to do a screen share so that they can see my system to see if there is anything wrong, but they refuse. I really would not recommend buying this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I use this software to design plastics and assemble inverters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.