Troops Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The Slack integration keeps me up-to-date with the Sales team and all the work that they've done. There's transparency in all the deals and the details they went through. I'm able to look up accounts really easily and see where we stand with them. The Giphy and emojis is a fun and extra special touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since there are a lot of deals going through and meetings booked, it starts to look a little spammy and it's difficult to pin point which messages are the most significant. It would also be great if there was a way to show more celebration to the posts kind of like how gong does their celebrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall a great tool to recognize individual contributors work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to provide more recognition and transparency in the company. The benefits I've noticed is that we are able to learn from each others mistakes and successes through the detailed notes people provide. We also are able to see who was involved and how these deals were successful. Everyone is able to learn from each other really well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Troops Overview

What is Troops?

Troops is Software-at-your-Service, designed with humans in mind. It’s a revenue communications platform, a central nervous system for your go-to-market teams that delivers the right information to the right people at the right time. Teams never miss a revenue signal, allowing them to take rapid action, share intelligence, and make better decisions. With Troops, humans become informed, intentional, and efficient. World-class brands like Slack, Twilio, DoorDash, Snap, Shopify, and Stripe improve forecast accuracy, organizational transparency, and win rates with Troops! It’s friendly: Troops delivers the revenue signals people need in the messaging apps that they love and feel comfortable using (Slack, Teams, SMS). It’s (truly) codeless: Troops democratizes solution building, making it easy for anyone to build their own workflows to automate the signals they need so they can stop the tool toggling and data detective work. What used to take days now takes 5 minutes or less. Anyone can build the signals they want to get. Anyone. It’s personal: Troops knows who you are across systems and delivers contextually relevant signals to you where and when you need them. It’s consumable: Troops sends bite-size, actionable pieces of data to aid, guide, and motivate the right behavior. No more scrolling through pages and screens of data. It’s visible: Troops sends signals that put the conversation where your people are, improving visibility and transparency, and spurring collaboration around the things that matter most: your customers and prospects.

Troops Details
Discussions
Troops Community

Artificially Intelligent Assistant For Work At Troops, we fundamentally believe that the future of “getting things done” is going to look less like static fields and forms and more like a conversation with a human being.

Troops
2015
New York, NY
@troops
740 Twitter followers

Troops Videos

Troops Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Troops community
Have you used Troops before?

Troops Reviews

Showing 274 Troops reviews
Already have Troops?
Account Executive
What do you like best?

ease of logging calls, updating opportunity notes - troops has greatly increased my producitivty and minimized my need to log into SFDC to log calls, update opportunities. it saves SO much time. additionally, the morning reminders are amazing because I can keep track of the status of all my opportunities and follow ups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

so far nothing - have been super happy with troops and will continue to use it - I cannot think of anything to change about troops at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT! You will not regret trying troops. It will increase your teams productivity all around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Troops is helping to solve time management and ensuring my pipeline is up to date, clean and constantly being maintained. I love being able to follow up when necessary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The value of troops is that it integrates the two tools that your sales team is probably most often using: salesforce and slack. It allows reps to update opportunities in salesforce via slack, promoting better pipeline hygiene. It also serves up reminders and nudges to sales reps on who they should be reaching out to and when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It of course requires configuration and set up. Make sure you have a dedicated person to set up the workflows in troops.

The only other downside is AEs can feel "notification fatigue" if you set up too many alerts on troops so make sure you are choosing the most impactful notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our sales team struggled with Salesforce hygiene. We're a high velocity sales team and getting reps to update next steps and stages of deals has been difficult. By giving reps the option to update these fields directly in slack, it's made it much easier and quicker for them to keep a clean pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Troops
M
What do you like best?

I happened to finish a meeting, qualified it, set next steps, and executed the calendar invites.

What I failed to do however was track my progress in Salesforce, but that’s when Troops had my back.

I received a message on slack from Troops saying next steps were not added to the opportunity. Being unaware I even had access to Troops, I then linked my Sdfc to my slack and was able to update my opportunity right then and there.

Documentation is crucial in sales and you’ve allowed me personally to improve upon it.

While it may be a small feature Troop it’s undoubtedly improve me moving forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it can't conduct extensive discovery calls with my prospects. Perhaps we can expect that in the 2021 update :). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it supremely easy to document my notes in salesforce. Moreover, I'm constantly reminded of the information I missed on calls allowing men to prioritize those in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best is how Troops has increased Salesforce adoption in users that would otherwise be reluctant to engage with the tool. It was easy to implement, simple to use, but sophisticated in all of the right ways. When I've had trouble or questions, the support team was fantastic... but I have very rarely needed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing Troops cannot handle that would really supercharge our integration is Chatter; if Troops could notify users when they're @'d or when one of their threads receives a reply, it would totally change the game. Right now, it cannot. Troops has tried to compensate for this with Deal Rooms (which is nifty) but that doesn't quite do it for us. Chatter adoption has been decent regardless, but getting Troops hooked in would really supercharge it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If Salesforce has a limitation, it's that it doesn't handle reminders very well. Troops helps us stay on top of everything, from leads and opportunities to cases and SLAs. It brings Slack and Salesforce together and facilitates more visibility and collaboration within and amongst our teams, increasing adoption and making our employees more efficient and effective. If you have a strong Slack culture but you're struggling to get users into Salesforce, or struggling to expose Salesforce data to your Slack users in the right way at the right time, Troops is absolutely the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of our employees are more comfortable living in Slack than in Salesforce -- Troops allows those employees to know when something critical has happened in Salesforce, so they can respond to it in a timely manner without having to really "live" in Salesforce or -- worse yet -- their email inbox. It has increased Salesforce adoption and allowed everyone to be more efficient and responsive to events in the Salesforce platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about troops is the integration with Slack. I am in sales and have a lot of meetings scheduled. Troops will send me a real-time notification every time a meeting is scheduled which helps me keep track of who I need to reach out to for meeting confirmations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to open the Salesforce meeting link in the meeting notification that Troops sends me in Slack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The amount of meetings that get booked weekly could make me calendar very disorganized. But instead, Troops sends me real time notifications when one is booked and always me to immediately reach out to the customer and put the meeting on my calendar so that I don't forget about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When a signal appears on my account, the Troops will inform me well. It allows me to concentrate on the most important accounts and helps me to find out which accounts are included in the news. Troops have brilliantly brought efficiency to the workplace. I can jump straight into certain transactions and get more information about the transactions directly from Slack. Getting all the information in one place quickly is essential for our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time I click on a new track, Troops will open a new tab / browser. Opening several tabs can make organization difficult. One thing I want to do is make more customizations based on the notifications I receive. It would be good to allow users to modify the notifications they receive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Troops is suitable for any sales team that uses Salesforce and wants more collaborative sales teams. Troops is an ideal choice for any team that wants to improve work efficiency during the working day. Being able to check offers quickly, receive account signals and get updates on offers and your progress will change the rules of the game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A big benefit of using Troops is that we can get the right Salesforce records faster in terms of suggestions, transactions and quick links. Leads are distributed very quickly and we can get leads and contact the right people in a few minutes. Thanks to the speed of integration and the convenience of Troops x Slack, we have seen more connections and conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I find most helpful with Troops it is how I am pinged when a new lead is assigned to me. It allows me to never miss a lead. My productivity has gone up because I am able to get to the important things as they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It is excellent. I find it very helpful to my workday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my experience it has been very helpful and would highly recommend it! I would like to know how I can better use Troops in my role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Without troops there would be many times where I would miss a lead. It is really helpful to be pinged through SLACK. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Troops makes it easy to keep my pipeline up to date via Slack and follow up on opportunities that need touch points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more customizable date options for reminders--i.e Mondays and Fridays vs weekdays vs everyday Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool to automate your sales workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Updating close dates, reminders to add IOs or other items for billing, all things that used to take a lot of manual effort and slow down our bookings. Troops also allows the company to see bookings daily in aggregate in slack at a glance. Plus celebrating wins is always fun :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
What do you like best?

I can't tell you how many times I've been "on the go" or completed a sales or customer call and had to figure out a way to open Salesforce, add in notes, update fields, and then try to go back to what I was doing without the headache of getting sidetracked from my primary focus.

With Troops, I can take an impromptu call in the car on the way to get lunch and via the Slack integration, easily update Salesforce from my phone. It enables me to capture more timely information and it's less disruptive to my process and day.

Additionally, if you're working larger deals where there is cross-functional collaboration, the deal rooms you can create for Slack are amazing. It makes it easy to name the account deal room and stay aligned on what is going on with those deals without having to go search in multiple systems for information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the logic doesn't work the way we think it's set up to sync with Slack, but in all fairness, this may just be user error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cross-team collaboration and transparency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reminders to update next steps, new activity, new usage % Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If a contact is opening marketing emails from Twilio, I would like to know which emails they opened so I can reach out in a more strategic way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease to use, fully customizability your org.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I update my steps right away after a call. It also reminds me to reach out if an opp. is due and there is not movement or updates specially if I have to much on the pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the slack integration. Every morning when I log on, Troops sends me a message on what should be top of mind before I start my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can get duplicate messages from Troops, it's not necessarily directly a Troop's problem, but I see the same message in a few threads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just keeps my pipe clean and up to date. It's like the annoying mom that constantly tells you to clean the dishes until you do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We think Troops is great software, we really like it

the customization and breadth of developments. It offers a comprehensive analysis and development service to meet the stated objectives. In addition, it counts with various innovative tools that improve the experience of users, what has not liked the most and we feel that it has been of great help for our sales is that our customers can share our products on social networks and can also show the latest posts in them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When comparing it with other software, this may be

heavy in configuration, it is complicated. And another weakness is that we would like there to be more customization regarding the notifications I receive. That is, allow a user to edit certain notifications you receive could Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Troops is perfect for any team looking to have more efficiency in your workday. Be able to verify offers quickly, get account signals and get updates on offers and progress, it is highly recommended as it keeps you up to date with notifications of when an account is expired or sales, it is very useful, easy to use and totally safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Troops throughout the organization and really

we have obtained great improvements. It is an excellent tool to lead, has helped us to contact people in a matter of seconds, as it is very fast and helpful with lead distribution. It also helps our managers and business development representatives to keep track of your accounts, and in turn to forecast our business. It's a great platform As a reminder, this sets it apart compared to other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Board Member
What do you like best?

Troops seamlessly connects Salesforce, Google Calendar, etc. to Slack. Notifications can be triggered a set amount of time before something is due, and pops in only the pertinent fields into Slack, linking out to Salesforce of course if needed. It's a great way to keep on top of my pipeline. Our organization is able to trigger a troops notification in a public channel once the status of an opportunity is changed to "won", which keeps everyone on the same page regarding a services project.

It's also a fantastic reminder to log calls at the end of the day. Things get crazy and I often-times forget to log them immediately, but without fail I receive a reminder at 4 PM every day to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not necessarily a Troops issue - you are restricted to the Salesforce development/environment implemented by the organization, which means there is not an opportunity to create new fields that do not exist within Salesforce itself. Literally the only negative, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any changes made in Salesforce will need to be reflected in Troops as well - if you are still building out Salesforce, it may be best to wait until that is complete before moving forward with Troops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping our organization up to speed and informed on all that is going on within our CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Call logging reminders that integrate with calendar.

I also use it to track changes in user numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the tool needs easier seperation so that I can't adjust other people Troops workflows. I feel like I should only be able to adjust things that effect me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I log my calls in real time. I also see when users in my territory create new workspaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

ability to go through next call steps first thing every day

log calls after they happen to keep salesforce up to date

reminder after call to update opportunity next steps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

lots ofslack notifications, woul dlike to customize these Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

integrate it with your tools and customize settings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

efficiency and easier to keep data in salesforce clean Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that fact that I get instant messages about newly added leads and updates directly to my slack channel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I have zero complaints about Troops Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Troops to others Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm saving time by having the leads come straight to my slack for me to review and execute them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Insight into my existing opportunities and my day at a glance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data can be stagnant or incorrect at times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of having to create numerous reports, Troops gives me insight into my current opportunities and my day without ever having to leave Slack. It holds me accountable and reminds me of upcoming deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Real-time slack alerts & updates. Some of the customization that Troops enables. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No user interface outside of Slack. Too annoying to actually update my opportunities with the buttons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unfortunately, Troops didn't really solve any key problems regarding Salesforce data entry and successfully helping me keep opportunities healthy and moving forward Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

I like that i dont have to go to Salesforce to update my opps and log my calls. As someone who thrives on shortcuts, i like being able to easily use a hotkey in Slack to update everything.

I like that it reminds me when I forget to update things like next steps, trial start dates, etc...

The best functionality would be if your sales process has lots of things to click on when updating an opp with tons of fields. It scales down the amount of times you have to click and reload a page because you can do it all on slack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes there is an issue with connectivity. Sometimes things dont log instantly and sometimes troops disconnects.

Also - I always have my notes in Salesforce, but Troops limits the characters you can have in an update. Sometimes I find myself wondering if I overwrote my notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool which will help your team forecast with more ease by eliminating needless clicks, troops is a good tool.

If you find that reps are having a hard time remembering to update their opps, troops will send any reminders of things are missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me, its saving time when it comes to going on SFDC. It takes a lot less clicks/time to go in and update opps/accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration between slack and salesforce. It helps reps stay on top of deals and maintain a healthy salesforce record with up-to-date information. We have a slack channel dedicated to new deals we win and the team loves the memes and real time celebrations. It helps boost morale and support one another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The product is simple and straightforward. Plug and play. The only thing I dislike is that I cannot mute the Troops channel in slack when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it. It's simple. Close more deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to leverage leadership and cross functional teams in deal rooms to strategize over complex deals. It helps keep communication consolidated and allows everyone to collaborate in real-time. As a traveling IC it has allowed me to update deal statuses on the go. It also helps leadership forecast with the most up to date information, which supports the entire organizations goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that troops integrates directly with Slack. This integration makes Troops top-of-mind and gets the technology and information in front of all sellers in a very timely, almost real-time manner. This is a huge value-add for Troops! Troops also ties in directly with Salesforce, which is the CRM that Yotpo, Inc uses. This direct integration with Salesforce really makes everyones job much easier for sure. It is the fact that Troops integrates with different technologies that the Yotpo sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the messages can be overwhelming, depending on the size of your sales organization. Yotpo has about 500 employees, so there are a lot of automated messages that come through via Troops and our Slack integration. I think that Troops should be able to filter out certain messages so that sellers are only seeing what is most relevant for them. I dislike that Troops repeats the same GIFs sometimes through their direct integration with Giphy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend that you check on Troops for a few minutes every single day in order to keep a pulse on what is going on with your sales organization. The more you check on Troops, the more successful you will be in your roles and the more information you will have to present to your sales manager in your one on ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes it can be distracting. The benefits are that it keeps sellers in the loop for what is going on with their sales team. Overall, I think that Troops is a wonderful sales assistant and should absolutely be leveraged by all sales teams. I typically will start every morning by scrolling through the Troops channel in our Slack message to see what has happened overnight that I may have missed or what may be relevant to my role in particular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the salesforce alerts best. It is very helpful when I'm focused on slack Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. The integration is super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More seamless integration between slack and SF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.