Totango Reviews & Product Details

Totango Overview

What is Totango?

Totango is the leading customer success platform that enables organizations of all sizes to improve growth and retention by guiding strategic customer engagement for businesses. With a data-driven approach, Totango creates a comprehensive and shareable profile of the customer, turning customer information into actionable insights. TotangoSpark breaks down the customer lifecycle into simple, easy-to-manage stages that let companies prioritize their processes to hit the goals that drive growth for their organization.

Totango Details

Customer success platform used by enterprises to proactively drive adoption, retention, expansion, and improved reputation with their customers.

Totango is designed for fast and flexible integration. It is easy (and free) for your organization to get started while being comprehensive enough to support multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

2010
San Mateo, CA
@Totango

Totango Videos

Totango Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Totango community
Have you used Totango before?

Totango Reviews

Showing 197 Totango reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Totango?
Customer Success Team manager
What do you like best?

Totango helped me not onlyto mange the team day to day task, but to support my engagement model, and automate our processes. with that, my management has a full visibility to the customer health.

I integrated automation between our product and Totango, this helped me to identify on real time opportunities, risks, and increased my team efficiency.

Besides the great technology, Totango has a great team that is supporting all my need with a high level of professionalism. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know it's coming, need to have better ways to create reports on tasks and touchpoints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

System is very easy to use, and very flexible.

Comparing to competores, Totango has much better technical support, and are able to connect to any data source. (not only Sales Force) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Measure customer health

Track team productivity

Scaling coverage by automating processes, as call for actions when our systems indicates technical issues or usage drop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales Operations
What do you like best?

Totango is very user friendly from a CSM leader, manager and a Salesforce Admin angle. It provides the user analytics, day to day user reports and health scores we need. As a Salesforce Admin, I need an App that is simple to deploy, maintain + easy to get data from and that will stay connected Totango hits all those buttons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The list of files is not organized, which at times gets very long and is not truly organized. I wish it could be set up to how I would like it-- collapse the ones I would likely never export but then my "favorites" are available at a glance/click to export. This is not a big deal at all.. just a preference issue - nothing else to really complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build out fields + a drop down section in Lighting Experience Salesforce to pull the fields into on the Account object to track metrics. Have a structured cadence for bringing the metrics into Salesforce each week for comparison and use the metrics for helping you prevent churn and also use as a tool for helping spot upsell opportunities. We use Totango + Bombora it is a great way to use 2 "eyes". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to get all user metrics, CSat scores, customer health and see last login dates and who logged in all in 1 place + get it all in Salesforce as well. Our CSMs and Sales Teams are able to stay in Salesforce + our Execs can view dashboards on the data all in 1 place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We wanted to ensure that you could have a system where CSat and NPS could also be incorporated into overall customer health. So glad that you are loving it. We have made some great strides with integration as well so I am glad you are seeing value with the SF integration. I will share your thoughts regarding additional SF integrations as well.

Katie Yagodnik Director CS Operations and Digital Programs

Senior Vice President of Customer Success
What do you like best?

Totango offers a comprehensive customer journey mapping and success planning interface for all phases of the client lifecycle - from acquisition and onboarding, through adoption and value actualization with growth and renewal. Visibility, segmentation, and executive reporting are tremendous strong-suits for this platform, as is individual contributor planning and task-tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, and its associated terminology, is not typical to the Customer Success industry, and use of some phraseology (such as "Success Plays," or "SuccessBlocs") is very application-specific. There is a slight learning curve, vs. users who are more comfortable with Salesforce or other Customer Success platforms, but once mastered, this language becomes second-nature (and may even permeate your own Customer Success platform). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an executive, I am able to see the entire health-state and directional forecast of my current account portfolio. This is enabling us to manage organizational planning around our customer segments, and even innovate on our theory of the customer and customer journey segmentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Juan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding Totango. I am thrilled to hear that Totango can help you and your organization have a comprehensive view of your customer journey. We appreciate the feedback regarding the terminology within our platform and I will make sure to share that with the product team to consider as we continue to iterate and grow the platform.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Director of Digital Programs and CS Operations, Totango

Client Success Manager
What do you like best?

We have been able to consolidate all of our data points from different systems into one source of truth and have actionable insights for our CSMs to better our client's health. Management has higher visibility into client's health and holds higher accountability for our CSM team. Configuring this platform has forced our team to be more proactive in understanding our client's health. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, we are working on User Adoption. We had an aggressive timeline to go-live and as we continue to build the platform up, we need to be able to show value to our CSM team to continue to use it. Many of the negatives have been on our own side where we have not been able to obtain our own data or pull it correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient in the setup, especially if this is your first implementation of a CSM software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have discovered many gaps in our own data. This has been beneficial in ensuring the integrity of our data, and the ownership of that data. We are also being forced to think how we track and benchmark health for our clients where we have not before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that all of my accounts are stored in one spot. It's extremely easy to see all of the data for all of my accounts in one tool. It's also great that Totango and Salesforce sync with each other. You can easily customize what data you'd like to see and set rules for when the data is pulled. It is a really great way to keep all of your accounts organized and track activities within those accounts. There is a nice graph on the right side of your home page that tracks how your accounts are doing in real time. The graph is also a link to see what accounts are contributing to the health in each category. The technical support has been great and they have even jumped on a video call to help walk us through the training. The customer service has been excellent and they are always available and willing to help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike so far is that my company doesn't have all of the syncs aren't activated, yet. This isn't an issue with Totango, though. I'm still getting used to assigning tasks and setting segments for my accounts, so I don't have a ton of feedback yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This an amazing tool to keep all of your teams up to speed and in the loop for all of your accounts. I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to assign tasks to other people in my organization to keep us all on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to track outreach, send email campaigns, and create health dashboards. I can quickly go to saved segments or create email alerts on particular areas of the client's health that I want to monitor.

Creating user and client segments is easy, and you can pull in so many various data points to customize exactly what you want to see.

The health dashboards are so useful to take a look day to day at client help and be able to be proactive in both calling out successes and acting on red flags.

Scorecards! Helpful to keep track of goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

wish there was more integration with tools like salesforce. I wish there was the ability to have a dashboard homepage each time I log in.

The Notifications page when I log in - I would rather see a snapshot of health at the top.

When you get logged out - it doesn't kick you back to the login page, it just won't bring up accounts when you search, I wish you would just get kicked out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool for managing client health - if you are looking for a tool to help improve retention, and are willing to take the time to customize it for your organization, you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

reducing churn. Being able to look at clients and users from various perspectives and activity allows us to ID trends and red flags and catch them well before renewal.

The benefits have definitely been shown in creating the email notifications when a client leaves or enters a particular segment - I don't have to go and look, I know what happened and what I should be communicating to clients based on the notification.

Being able to also ID Trends and have conversations about them has made our team more savvy at handing issues or roadblocks as they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly generate success plays and reports to view the health of accounts I work with. The ability for the tool to be able to integrate with multiple data sets and be able to be a single source for the data pertinent for me to help grow accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I like the ability to add touchpoints by taking advantage of the BCC, this makes that touchpoint automation automatically use the same success flow that was used for the previous touchpoint for that account (which may or may not be accurate). Being able to control successflows while using BCC touchpoints would be a game changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool that is able to take a lot of data about your clients from multiple sources and then transform that data into something to help you support your clients better, this would be a tool to consider! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to monitor the health of my accounts (MSPs) and really come up with creative strategies to properly drive each MSP to be successful in their own way. Not all accounts have the same needs, so having Totango helps me with identifying their specific needs and in turn show even more value in working with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango is incredible! Love how it integrates with Salesforce and helps me see day to day metrics related to my customers health. Its everything you want in one place - a place to log call notes, touch points, account history, attachments, internal notes, external notes - and integrates with your gmail as well. It has so many great features that monitor customer health and their journey which makes it so much easier as a Success Professional to do my job. I'd absolutely recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the tool was configured to push information back to Salesforce - IE change of account ownership, account manager, etc. Right now, its only set up to go 1-way for that level of changing. I'd also like it if contacts could be added directly in Totango and it would sync back to contacts in Salesforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Totango as the best integrated platform to map your customer journey, gain insights, and better understand your clients. You will be glad you did! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to solve the customer journey, identify customer health, communicate internally, assign internal reminders and tasks, and overall.... stay much more organized! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango hierarchy capabilities enable us to roll-up data at various levels to get a full picture of the products subscribed to and what line of business they are associated with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Totango is constantly adding new features which is great; however, the support on implementing the new capabilities has been a bit light. We don't feel like we are taking full advantage of what's available and can get confused when menu items are moved around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to implement and automated health score and have given CSM visibility into how customers are using our products. Previously, our team was "flying blind" and had no information regarding who had adopted the product vs. not. Totango has made the process for logging and monitoring touchpoints much faster for the team and our integration with our CRM makes the touchpoints visible to all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi Nicole,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give feedback about your experience with Totango. We are glad you are enjoying the data roll-up functionality. Since data is key to ensuring you have a 360 view of your cusotmers we want our customers to be able to leverage their data in many ways. We appreciate your feedback as well regarding the new features and will take this into account as we look at how we roll out new features in the future. We do make sure to send out bi-weekly product release notes. If you haven't seen them you can review them here:https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/sections/200551325-Product-Release-Notes. Please reach out should you need help on anything.

Katie Yagodnik Director CS Operations and Digital Programs

Senior Manager, Customer Success
What do you like best?

1. Quick support and good user documentation. It is easy to get value quickly if you just poke around.

2. They offered a free "full" version of the application to get me started. This is the only CS tool that does this to my knowledge.

3. They have great workflow and process automation capacity using SuccessPlays which is dead easy to set-up.

4. Data modeler module where you can define any attribute you like. Combined with a powerful API gives this solution the potential to act as a MASTER of all your customer master data which you can setup feeding all the other systems you might have that also require some customer master data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Few native ready integrations. Luckily the API is good and with some work you can make most things work if you have the resources for that. Their onboarding package a good investment (at least that is what I hope. I will start next week) As part of this onboarding they will help you setup 3 integrations as part of that project. If you use Salesforce suit of applications you are in luck here. Unfortunately we do not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a good value for money customer success tool then Totango is your best choice in my mind. I researched a whole range of applications, going through the grind of due diligence checks and demos without getting to test something fully. Totango gave me 3 full version licenses which really took me to the next level and I was able to research all I needed to really understand that I can do so much with this solution. Much more than what I anticipated and what I had on my checklist. they also offer affordable onboarding. Perfect choice for SMB companies for sure... probably for bigger companies as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I have not yet implemented the system I can only say what I aim to solve with this after researching possibilities

KIP monitoring on all customer life cycles

Customer success team management / Work load management for internal task assignments

Standardized project automation. Eg. Onboarding and other work requests and addon product implementations to existing customers

Marketing Campaigns made easy and quick with huge auto trigger potential

Master Data single source input to feed other systems of changes and new customers

Executive reporting

Health monitoring

Risk of churn mitigation

Usage analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

JP, Thank you so much for your detailed feedback about your initial experience with Totango. We are so excited to get you onboarded and help you solve many of the things you have outlined in this review. Glad to hear you saw tremendous value in seeing and being able to play around in the platform before deciding to move forward with investing further. We hope to empower every organization with the ability to run any customer journey, easily and at scale. Take care, Katie Yagodnik

What do you like best?

Once you understand how the software is structured and how different parts of the product work together, implementing Totango actually becomes very intuitive and dynamic. Instead of coming up with one complex masterplan for your success strategy you can iterate and make changes to rules quickly. Everything follows a clear framework and logic which - when understood - makes it easy to translate all the implicit best practices and playbooks that you want your CSMs to apply in customer engagements into explicit and scalable rules with measurable outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their touchpoint capabilities (Totango's way of logging client interactions inside Totango) could be improved - logging client interaction is a little cumbersome and often is a source of frustration for CSMs. Rules should also become smarter and help to keep tasks updated automatically - as in: when the conditions that triggered a task change, automatically modify or delete the task to avoid the accumulation of outdated tasks in the agenda.

The Totango integration ecosystem is still limited, and I would love if TT invested more resources integrating into other services that CSM teams use to communicate with customers. Examples: 1) Work with email providers (Gmail, Front, Outlook) or Chat platforms like Intercom to make Totango data available in these systems for agents and CSMs. 2) integrate with task management platforms such as Monday or Trello to allow teams to work on tasks generated by Totango in a system of choice 3) Integrate better with voice and video channels (phone, Zoom, Gong, Loom) to allow for automated logging of phone calls and meetings inside Totango. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would argue that Totango is a really good choice if you are looking for a quality tool to manage your clients proactively. Its lacking a few features that Enterprise-level account managers and success managers would find useful (for example account mapping features or integrations with Linkedin), but it makes up for this in terms of ease of use and implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearly structuring our success approach: We ensure that we cover 100% of our accounts with simple rules, plus we monitor account health, product adoption and contraction/expansion to proactively intervene with clients where necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of base configuration, simple approach to dynamic segmentation and consistent development of the platform. The Totango pre Sales team was dedicated to help us get immediate value and the Support team is quick in their responses. CSM is dedicated to helping us be successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scalability beyond the expected use cases of a CSM is limited. Base approach is each CSM owns a book of business, and does not really support dynamic assignment. There are a few anomalies with regard to data structures, and the supported data sources are still limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Totango is a great, purpose built solution that does more than just check the boxes without being too cumbersome to configure and use. No dedicated administrator is necessary. When comparing to to the other well known solutions Totango does a great job balancing ease with extensibility with being priced out of the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visibility to multiple data sources, targeting clients in missions or programs, tieing moments that matter to solutions. Our very small engagement team needs to have insight into the day and our client base at scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Ron, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive and constructive feedback with us. Glad you appreciate the ease of use and our team's commitment to making sure you are successful. We would like to hear more about what you would like to see in terms of scalability. Please share this with your CSM or feel free to leave your feedback on our product wishlist for our team to review further: https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist.

Take care and wish you the best with your customer success initiatives.

Totango

What do you like best?

The helpfulness and expertise of the team is second to none, and they are very good at ensuring they empower the end users to take control of their own instance of Totango, rather than doing it all and leaving you to it. Very clear roles and easy to understand who to go to for what. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a negative for Totango, but my advice to anyone looking to take on a tool like Totango is please ensure your data is worked on/cleaned up before purchasing a tool like this. Totango is more flexible than many other tools out there, but it will still be limited with what it can do if your data sources are not aligned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

360 view of customer health. Standardising processes like QBRs, success planning etc. Tracking all key touchpoints with customers and more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Totango. Onboarding is critical to the adoption of any tool and we take great pride in ensuring our customers get off to a great start. Thank you for sharing the tip around data integrity. That is critical to be successful in any tool where you are bringing disparate data together. Data integrity ensures Totango can take your data and drive action at scale in many different ways. Thanks again.

AI
What do you like best?

I heavily relied on Totango when I was a CSM at my company. I used it multiple times a day to look up customer profiles, prepare for calls, pull reports for email campaigns and upsell opportunities... and more. Its capabilities are extremely robust and nearly any CS initiative is possible to implement with the right resources. I now use it for customer marketing to pull engagement reports, and find it's easier to use for that purpose compared to any other tool that we have in our tech stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The global search bar at the top of each page in Totango is limited in functionality. It won't search for any customer attribute, instead it will only search for either account name, or user name. I also find the way the SuccessBlocs are set up, as a little confusing and feel like there could have been more handholding with that major release. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company has been able to increase upsell opportunity and revenue, prioritize tasks accordingly with Totango's tasks system, and run a well-oiled machine in the CS department with little to no effort once Totango was implemented years ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am thrilled to see that Totango is helping you to prioritize customers and take action. That is fantastic that you are seeing opportunities for upselling to drive additional revenue for your organization. Thanks for your feedback about the global search bar. I will share with my product team and any time you have a feature idea please also feel free to share it here: https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist. Our product team reviews this often. We have recently added a video walk-thru and some additional messaging within our SuccessBLOCS. If you have not seen this already please check it out. I would be happy to go over anything related to SuccessBLOCS as well. You can email me directly at katiey@totango.com. Thanks again.

Director, CS Operations and Digital Programs

Totango

What do you like best?

What I like best about Totango is how it allows me to manage by days, weeks, months and quarters ahead of time. Totango allows me check the health of my accounts in an easy way and that I can simply forward email communication to Totango and it will log the record automatically. Its particularly nice when I'm busy and dont have the time or energy to log into the system and record my notes.The interface is clean and easy to find key data points to understand your customer. You can track your daily tasks in a single click, and Totango makes jumping between accounts easy to manage, with a way to jump back to where you started. Editing details is simple, error handling when I do something wrong is clear. Very easy to access support resources from within the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rolling information up and down from a parent account to a child account is not as intuitive or easy to do as I would like. Would be great if we could easily select what fields needs to be rolled up or down. Would like their to be a customer facing portal as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Totango gives us the ability to oversee, quite literally, hundreds of clients at once and to understand their story.Totango is best used in situations where you'll be tracking a client and their journey through a specific timeline. We use it to get someone started in a software and then to ensure they remain successful for years to come, periodically checking in with them, as well as pulling analytics to understand how effective they are using the software. Their reporting tool is very useful and comes in handy for the entire department. As a result, we know where we are and where we will need to be to achieve our desired outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

very customizable, I love that we can create custom successflows specific to our work, log touchpoints via BCC in email, create tasks and set a due date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only thing I dislike is when using 'touchpoints@totango.com' in the BCC to automatically log emails, I then have to go into totango to label the successflow since they come in as 'unclassified' Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Totango we were managing our clients via a spreadsheet. As we grew that was impossible to be able to proactive, and only reactive. Now with Totango we have been able to create successplay's that automatically generate based on the criteria we choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to see everything I need to in one snapshot and have all of my work organized. I can see everything from one window and dont have to move between multiple platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the emailing system can be improved. I dont like that it makes it a totango email and has to tango information tied to each one. It confuses most customers or filtered to junk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend totango. It has increased efficiency and organization in my day to day work. I am able to see everything I need in one spot without flipping between platforms. I also am able to catch red flags before they slip through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization and efficiency with my work. Productivity has increased as well. I am not missing any red flags either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer (GUI)
What do you like best?

This tool has enabled me to stay in touch with my customers. One of the best things is that it provides me the graphical presentation of the each customer’s journey, in this way it becomes easy to assign the tasks to the team members based on pre-defined criteria. Through this tool I am streamlining the information by using the forms and then I send those forms to my team in this way I gather the accounts information for future requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Totango is most advanced customer success platform which comes with extraordinary features and options. I really like the way it is going and providing effective services. I really appreciate it because of providing world number one platform with advances engagement features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is one of the best customer management platform which let us answer the queries of our all customers. It allows us to launch various campaigns. Its ticketing function works better than all other available software in the market. I would like to recommend this tool to all those companies which are looking for an advanced customer success software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software has helped me in reducing the risk and Churn and helped me in better customer engagement. I am now capable of managing the accounts and the customers profiles even I can track the product usage and this is how I am saving my time by managing the assignments, all was possible only by Totango. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Peter, thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent feedback about Totango. We are thrilled to hear that you can tackle risk and churn as a result of having all the data you need at your fingertips to drive engagement at scale with your customers. We are humbled by your "best customer management platform" comment. It is great to hear that we are impacting and helping our customers do better for their customers. Take care,

Director, Success Operations and Digital Programs

AI
What do you like best?

There are a number of features in Totango that we make a lot of use of resulting in our teams becoming more efficient and more over, our customers more successful. The out of the box SuccessBLOCs are outstanding and the ease of creating a tailored one is also appreciated. We use almost all of the out of the box ones and have created a few of our own as well. The Voice of Customer SuccessBLOC is very well thought out and comes with everything a company needs to kick off a closed loop NPS program.

The SuccessPlays and Health Score are also a critical to our day to day for being aware of needed actions to take with customers on parameters that we have defined.

We make heavy use of the Campaigns as well for a variety of customer communications. We appreciate the capabilities for both one time communications as well as setting up reoccurring campaigns.

We also use the ZOE licenses for our extended team and have found that all departments within our organization are benefiting from access to customer insights.

Aside from the solution itself, the support we receive from the Totango team is outstanding. They perform routine calls to ensure we are making the most out of our solution and, when we have any questions they are extremely quick to help us find a solution! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Segment functionality is powerful but it would be good to be able to have an 'or' rule for certain attributes. This would also be helpful when creating health scores. It would also be great to be able to set up email triggers for User segments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is more general that just a recommendation about Totango - if you are are looking at rolling out any customer experience solution, my recommendation is to take the time to plan your deployment and start small when it comes to data imports. Try to focus in on critical metrics or you may find yourself with data paralysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Totango helps us identify both at risk customers as well as customers that are champions and allows us to take immediate action to engage with them. We are much more efficient in time spent by the team which results in more time being spent with customers and less time trying to find details or data about a customer. It also has become a central place for many departments to use in finding customers for various projects or customer engagements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you are seeing the value in all that the Totango platform has to offer. We agree that the ability to take action at scale both with a high touch and tech touch model is very powerful when trying to drive value and successful outcomes for customers at each stage of the customer journey. Fantastic advice on not trying to boil the ocean when it comes to rolling out a customer experience solution. The tool is nimble enough to continue to iterate over time. I hope that you have also shared some of your feedback regarding segment functionality. If you haven't already please review this with your CSM and you can also add your feedback to our product wishlist for the product team to review https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist. We are continuing to evolve the tool based on our customer feedback.

Totango

What do you like best?

Very easy to deploy and manage with great integration capabilities. Their onboarding and CSM team is incredible, with you every step of the way with a very robust onboarding plan. I don't know that i've ever met engineers as personable and capable as Totango has. Once the tool is deployed you are able to adopt and iterative approach due to the architecture making CS adaptable to a growing business. Segments are king, you can view, slice and chop any aspect of an account or user information on-the-fly bringing great value to any meeting and elevating data-driven decision making. The timeline view of an account is a game-changer and easily breaks down and accounts history for anyone to see. Dashboards and KPI's make managing CS very easy while health formulas are very flexible and simple to manage without creating too much complexity.

The roadmap for Totango looks great and they take feedback and iterate on it quickly to ensure their vision is aligned with their customer's voice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Task management is great but could use some maturity, (which they are working on) such as recurring tasks. Otherwise we have seen a small amount of downtime on the console a couple times in the last ~year, not majorly impactful but scalability/availability could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know this goes without saying but make sure your other system owners are ready (I.e. SFDC, etc.). This process moves a lot faster than you would think with Totango, you could feasibly have this set up with real data in 2-3 weeks with the proper support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a two high-level goals with purchasing a CS platform.

1. Enterprise Visibility, making sure all teams could see where we stood with each account. Totango has made this simple with quick/easy integrations, segmentation, tags and the timeline view. Oh, and they made it available in Slack, which has proven very valuable for many of our teams!

2. Quick and scalable intervention capabilities for customers who were going "off track". Totango makes this a breeze being able to identify at-risk customers with segments and health formulas. Then we're able to trigger automation on SuccessPlays and Campaigns to trigger tasks or automatic outreach to customers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango is intuitive and gives me all of the tools to manage customers right at my fingers. The platform is intuitive and it's easy to create my own reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a list of things I didn't like such as not being able to copy/paste images from emails into the touchpoint. I do wish there was a better way to have emails go into Totango automatically. Sending emails out of Totango caused a lot of emails to be missed because they ended up in junk folders. Not a big issue, but is a would like to have feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've used Gainsight and found Totango easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers not engaged within X amount of time. I can easily see my customers who I haven't contacted recently. Quick access to notes and tasks is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.