Totango Reviews & Product Details

Totango Overview

What is Totango?

Totango is the leading customer success platform that enables organizations of all sizes to improve growth and retention by guiding strategic customer engagement for businesses. With a data-driven approach, Totango creates a comprehensive and shareable profile of the customer, turning customer information into actionable insights. TotangoSpark breaks down the customer lifecycle into simple, easy-to-manage stages that let companies prioritize their processes to hit the goals that drive growth for their organization.

Totango Details

Customer success platform used by enterprises to proactively drive adoption, retention, expansion, and improved reputation with their customers.

Totango is designed for fast and flexible integration. It is easy (and free) for your organization to get started while being comprehensive enough to support multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

Totango
2010
San Mateo, CA
@Totango

Totango Videos

Totango Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Totango community
Have you used Totango before?

Totango Reviews

Showing 114 Totango reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Totango?
Senior Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

The feature that I like and use the most is the segments feature. I use this pretty often to dive deeper into my account base to find opportunities and to better understand my customers behaviors. It also allows me to quickly find focus areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When updates are made, I don't get notifications so it often times is something you just discover. In addition, these updates are not always making the tools better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty easy to integrate and use. Once you have it set up for your team you won't need much additional support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I get a holistic view of my account. I can see all communicates from across our organization as notes and emails are added to the timeline which reduces customer friction. I have used other tools which this feature wasn't possible. It made some customer discussion awkward. I also have good visibility to the financials for my customers in terms of forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to house all Client Success and AM notations for an account in one organized place is nice. There is additional functionality around being able to quickly identify products that a client has and does not have so that you do not have to dig further for the information. It has also improved our internal state with regard to how much visibility we have into users that use our products giving us a better understanding of when contacts leave the org and new users come in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting and the ability to campaign well through totango is lacking. No ability to do custom drip campaigns and do not support HTML formatting. Customer enablement functions and customer marketing options could be expanded. HTML formatting would be extremely helpful to brand the messaging better from the platform. Only option I know of currently is plain text. Product insights and analytics for in product usage would be helpful to be built out better as well. Need to be able to better understand what each user of our product is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be diligent on your use case and what you specifically want to accomplish with the platform. I believe our instance could be a little more intuitive in pulling in product data from a usage standpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A one stop solution for account managers and client success managers to be able to know what actions have been taken and what the account history is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Manage your Customer Lifecycle all from within Totango. The possibilities are endless, from creating customized goals to reporting on data that matters across all areas of Customer Success. The automation capabilities are a game changer. Rolling out customer plays that can prompt users to manually update account attributes or even prompt an automatic updates. The integration has with Salesforce is awesome, allowing you to pull any field into Totango but also connect with external sources such as SQL databases to pull in other data points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like all enterprise platforms, it can take some time to grasp however once that lightbulb moment goes off, you're truly on the road to providing success to your customers. Understanding the totango successblobs, flows and how they're tied to one another can be tricky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With so many important pieces of data to capture, it can be difficult to track and keep on top of a large client base. Things begin to slip through the gap. Totango will help manage and report on onboarding performance to identifying at risk accounts, renewals, to also support data. It's an all in one solution. TTV is now as important as ever, especially in the software space. Using Totango we now have a more visibility on where the stop gaps are being presente along the customer journey but most importantly the data to support such stop gaps. This in turn helps drive and influence cross functional team to address such stop gaps be it feature related, bugs, tooling etc which helps ensure current customer remain customers but also to support customers to come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

So far the system seems easy and intuitive to use. There are multiple filter sets to pick from which is great and I think adding in a touchpoint via the touchpoints@ email is available, as it helps to minimize duplicate entry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initially I had a little bit of trouble with the system but that was because my profile was setup under an old email address and our company changed our email address format. Once my Totango lead was able to update and merge my profile to my current email address it allowed me to start taking advantage of the touchpoints email option saving time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When starting your Totango training, I would recommend that before the training with a Totango team member happens, you have the opportunity to log into the system and perhaps are even walked through a few items. I felt like with the initial training that was provided to our team as a whole, the person doing the training seemed to think we had been in the system a good portion and that was not really the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't been able to dive into the system as deep as I would like yet and we are still loading in information on each account. But I am looking forward to seeing gaps that could lead to growth opportunities for my customers... it will be great to easily look at their accounts to identify areas of opportunities based on quick at a glance information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Security Analyst
What do you like best?

Simplified UI, easy access to the details and graphical presentation are great. Has all the required details in a single pane of glass. You can add notes and tag them as you would like to get those and later get those specific ones using the tag filter. Keeps perfect track of Contacts renewal, licenses, subscriptions escalations, cases, value, etc. We can have the customer health score and keep track of the activities, timelines and their respective deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much of customization or dashboard set-up that can be made as per the requirement from the user, rather everything is Admin controlled and anything that can be added and that to needs to go to the Totango directly to add and then that gets added to the the Admin as well as the user profiles. Has duplication issues since its being integrated with another tool, and cant be functioning as a single independent tool, which is good and bad in their own way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a perfect tool to understand the status of each customer and what is happening under a single pane of glass. Helps you track your performance scores and gives clear explanations on why the scores are down, so that based upon that, you can take the next actions. Easy to use and understand, nothing complex. However, if you are using this with integration with another tool, then make sure that the data on the other tool is correct else it might cause duplicates here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Totango customer details management, like Subscription, renewals, plans, etc. the tool provides a comprehensive details of everything needed in a single pane of glass. Also helps in tracking the read% of the emails that have been sent to them. Also helps in sending customized emails and keeps a track of those. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi Srinivasan,

We are thrilled to hear that our platform works like a charm. We strive to provide a frictionless experience for our users so you can focus more time on creating successful outcomes for your customers. Appreciate the feedback around the customization of the Totango dashboard. I will share this with our product team and I would also encourage you to provide any additional feature ideas for Totango here: https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist. Our product team checks this often. Thank you again.

Take care,

Katie Yagodnik

Director, Digital Programs

Totango

What do you like best?

Instant notifications, can engage customers instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Totango can sometimes be challenging to navigate - tough to find a specific user contact in salesforce off the back of Totango. Requires searching the user's email and sometimes business in salesforce to find the person who engaged with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers using the free trial of our xMatters tool can get in touch and leverage the resources and on call support we have directly. Saves me time having to reach out to them directly, as sometimes communication can be challenging between customer and client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Support - They've been easy to use and very fast turnaround times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hate the online help information. They all read very sales-pitchy. As an admin, I want quick, clean, and to the point guides on how to configure and work with the parts of the system configuration and set up. I don't have time to waste with less than quick bullet point type guide. "This is how you set up _____". " When you alter this setting it interacts and impacts the following parts _________". ...etc. I get taken on an unwanted adventure every time I look at the help guides. I find myself going to my account rep in most cases, and he's a wonderful help that's kept me from pulling my hair out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your data is ready for rapid use and integration in to a platform like Totango. The better your data and its organization, the better your experience. Also do not go into it thinking Totango is a BI product that's going to provide reporting, while it does have some features of that nature, that is not its intended purpose or use case. Be sure you understand that before going down that path. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're starting to use some of the built in automation to save our customer success managers (CSMs) and customer success agents (CSAs) time in helping customers realize their potential with our product offerings. The automation isn't as robust as we would like in some cases, but we're also still learning aspects of Totango, so that could be us just not knowing proper uses yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Administrator
What do you like best?

The ability to give Client Success a portal to track engagement, satisfaction, and admin for our client's overall success. It's an organized portal for our team to work in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an admin I don't have any major complaints. Our SE who helped set us up was very thorough and walked me through the setup. I guess if I had to complain it's that setup was a bit complex, but again, I didn't have to go it alone so it wasn't bad at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Have a central repository for client and client success activities that is reportable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorena Fikes of Totango

Thanks for the awesome review! We are excited that you are getting value and that you have a centralized place for your team to work in, track engagement, and report on. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we are doing just that for you. Best, Lorena

What do you like best?

I like the ability to segment accounts. Like that you can see usage by specific modules and the actions. I like the quick integration for emails getting into the system. I like that you can set reminders for other team members and there is visibility on what others are doing on shared accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The health score isn't always a strong indicator of an account's actual health. Don't like that there's not a "recently viewed accounts" option so you can easily access those accounts. Don't like that there isn't a logical order to how the users are listed. Lots of bugs and changes going on all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better account management with clear reminders. Visibility into account health and usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability for Totango to overall, map to our Salesforce instance. The fields are able to carry over for the most part. This helps us ensure the CSM's are living mostly in Totango to capture touchpoints with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All Browser based that is heavy on the browser and needs to be able to use it.

Training on the knowledge center for Totango is sparse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall tracking on our clients and how best are we supporting them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

I like that I can see my customers engagement with our SaaS platform. Having to identify which customer to reach out to first can be a challenge and this tool makes that process easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been a number of updates over the past few months, they're not rolled out very well, or are rolled out with little notice or corresponding help documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you have a solid understanding of your customer interactions - the types of interactions, purpose of the interaction, etc. This will help you develop a solid footing at the outset of implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Daily organization of work has been greatly improved, with health metrics, and timed triggers. They have updated this to allow sorting of tasks by date, as opposed to have a list of all activities strung together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the use of touchpoints and tasks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish worked better is the auto-logoff. Sometimes when you return, you've been logged off, but instead of showing your login screen, the screen actually looks active. It's deceiving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Totango is allowing us to keep info regarding our clients consolidated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can create my own views on Totango and edit the columns to show what I want/need to see in that moment. I also really enjoy that you can link to other programs like salesforce and keep ALL teams on the same page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish more teams internally would use this program. (sales) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's super easy to use and it's very hard to "break" when learning how to use the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Logging my emails within totango really helps with visibility across all teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI, it is very user friendly. I think its easy to filter to my accounts and also look at notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are bugs like my account portfolio goes from 11 to 500! I have to keep filtering back again so it is time consuming event after clearing cache Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be worth checking into getting more accurate analytics into Totango from CRM. But that could be a CRM issue getting the right data to ingest in,. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Churn Risk, Adoption and Customer HEalth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deployment Specialist
What do you like best?

Seeing a list of open tasks and success plays for each customer. Interacting with my teammates and tagging them on posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better integration with salesforce and Outreach. Tasks management tool could use improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling trainings and closing out engagements with my customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Insight into account details and integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no view that allows you to bring up the most recent accounts viewed. I shouldn't have to type in the account name for an account I just reviewed 2 seconds ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retention and renewal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango offers great insight into my entire book of business. It's a platform to collaborate with colleagues, set tasks and update to truly show which customers need some help, who might be needing a new service, or a place to track engagement! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that come to mind, love Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get familiar with how your team mates will use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Relationships, being able to determine which customers need more product, or have a need for a new service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I'm a heavy user of totango's campaigns feature and have created one to many program using this feature. It's saved me time and made my reach much further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

cleaning up data in Totango is a bit difficult Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the issue of being able to reach out to thousands of a specific subset of customers without having to go through large scale campaign efforts. It allows me to move quickly and track the success rates of the campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One central location to track account activity/usage metrics as well as tracking communications and notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to select multiple touchpoints, for example "Renewal" and "Business Review". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A powerful tool when set up with intent. Very helpful to set up best practices for business users and how they interact with Totango in relation to account management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increased visibility to account interactions and insight into product usage in order to custom tailor account reach outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the system, user experience is easy to understand and navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure how it feeds into other systems yet...ie:Salesforce and who can have access, as well as pricing. New to the role/using the system, so not reallly dislikes but need a better understanding of these things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems yet. The benefit is the ability to build data metrics and key customer information for reporting, etc.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

my favorite part by far is the customization abilities with usage data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there have been a few days of slow speeds in the past month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definitely helps to have one person dedicated to totango building and running campaigns or success plays. too many hands in the pot can get really messy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

really started to solve our 1 to many growth goals with campaigns and success plays Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The portfolio page and sorting by different criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't too much I dislike other than it can get a little "busy". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company is using it for customer success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lorena Fikes of Totango

Thank you for the great review! We're so happy you are enjoying your experience and look forward to hearing how you continue to gain value for your Customer Success Strategies. Until then, we're here if you need anything. Take Care, Lorena

AC
What do you like best?

Totango makes it very easy to segment customers. On a moment's notice, I can quickly pull a segment to report on specific account data needed to make informed decisions within our business. It is also relatively easy to compose and run a targeted campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of automation makes it difficult for our organization to take advantage of some key features (lifecycle stages) due to sheer volumes. The campaign tool could use some attention to help organize and manage existing campaigns as they accumulate over time. I would also love a way to track and monitor progress for open enhancement requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to ensure that our customers are being engaged at the right time and with the right message to help propel them forward in their journey with us. Totango makes it easy for us to identify where engagement may be needed due to engagement or other lagging indicators such as usage or behaviors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

I like that totango can measure data systems don't normally measure, i like it's graphs and features, and i like the ui Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the data limited, other than usage data i don't see additional features. I've also seen incorrect data in the past that i've had to work to troubleshoot. also i wish they had additional filters/features/graphs to help my clients visualize data better. currently i have to pull the data and rework it in other graphing tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping customers adopt my products better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can log my touchpoints with the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot assign multiple milestones on an entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This helps to keep me organized as an account manager. Having the ability to log a touchpoint at any time is helpful and I'm excited to keep going and utilize the reporting capabilities once we have all of our metrics from the last year uploaded into the system. I also like the automation when sending email campaigns and the ability to assign tasks or projects to others in my organization. I think this tool is far more insightful than Gainsight and am eager to find new ways to utilize it for my clients in their various industries. Being able to slice and dice the data points and build custom reports is something I am looking forward to learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How important it is to log every touchpoint with client for historical reasons and that I love the ability that I can assign tasks to my admin team while working in the tool by tagging them. This feature saves a lot of time because I don't' have to write multiple emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.