Totango Reviews & Product Details

Totango Overview

What is Totango?

Totango is the leading customer success platform that enables organizations of all sizes to improve growth and retention by guiding strategic customer engagement for businesses. With a data-driven approach, Totango creates a comprehensive and shareable profile of the customer, turning customer information into actionable insights. TotangoSpark breaks down the customer lifecycle into simple, easy-to-manage stages that let companies prioritize their processes to hit the goals that drive growth for their organization.

Totango Details

Customer success platform used by enterprises to proactively drive adoption, retention, expansion, and improved reputation with their customers.

Totango is designed for fast and flexible integration. It is easy (and free) for your organization to get started while being comprehensive enough to support multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

Totango
2010
San Mateo, CA
@Totango

Totango Videos

Totango Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Totango community
Have you used Totango before?

Totango Reviews

Showing 4 Totango reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Totango?
UF
What do you like best?

I love the concept! ONE place where a CS team can put their data, which works with other data houses that our other departments use like Sales team uses Salesforce. When we bought, I was informed we would have dashboards of easy to view upcoming renewals and tasks and communications. If this would work like it says it works- it would change our company for the better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-Google Drive integration is useless. Either need to manually add one thing at a time as an asset or in Assets, when you choose to connect to your drive, it only allows you to enter your own files you created vs what would make sense: Shared files and Drives you have access to since we are a collaborative team with shared client folders storing client data.

-I dislike how revenue unfriendly it is- it is very cumbersome to track clients sales and revenue growth- which makes it not functional for a B2B company like mine.

-I dislike how the main notes, the Touchpoints, does not integrate with anything. All information in it does not carry over to client attributes. If there is a timeline for notes that is not touchpoints I should be using to track ongoing meetings with clients I am unaware of it.

-In order to fill out a form I first have to request it from myself. The form could potentially be a way to track the meetings, if we had questions and then blank space for recap, but then it could not be sent to the client...

-I have been unable to integrate it with email. I have to manually BCC totango every time. I want successplays to send certain emails out to the client contacts on the account when conditions are met. No Client contact in 20+ days= emails sent out every 3 days

-I have been unable to integrate it with SMS communication with clients

-It does integrate with Salesforce but only in one direction. A change in SF comes to Totango but a change made in Totango does not show up in SF (this might be a SF complaint and not a Totango one)

-There is no scale for health. Health is binary. As far as I know, if some clients have a meeting cadence of every 14 days = health and some have every 7 days = health, we can only have it apply to all accounts as one or the other. (There is no "OR")

-More automation! :) I want Form 1 to auto send to ALL clients every 30 days! and Form 2 to auto send to clients who meet criteria following each touchpoint.

I think I could go on but hopefully this gives a sense to the product team of my concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not a whole lot yet. I do like having a better home for each client account than we did in SF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi and thank you for your feedback regarding Totango. We are sorry to hear that we are not delighting you to the fullest. We have received some similar feedback regarding tracking revenue and integrations. We spent much of the second half of last year addressing integrations specifically and have a host of many new integrations including better integration capabilities with Google. We do integrate with Salesforce the way you have described what you would like to see happen. It may be how you currently have Totango configured. I would be happy to set you up with one of our customer success engineers to walk you through it. I hear your concerns around campaign automation and many of the things you are requesting can be done by setting the segment criteria within Totango campaigns. I would be happy to hop on a call and show you how to do this or collaborate on your ideas. Please feel free to reach out to me at katiey@totango.com. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

Katie Yagodnik

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features that could be very useful if I knew how to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not integrated well. I wish the tasks would coincide with my calendar so I could get prompted to follow up. Now I waste too much time updating my calendar and my tasks. There are so many features I don't know where to start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Task management and notes on accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Christine Knific of Totango

We're sorry to hear you haven't gotten to fully utilize everything we have to offer! We have tons of help how-to articles and videos, and host weekly training sessions, which can all be found in our Knowledge Base at support.totango.com. We'd love to help!

AC
What do you like best?

I like the ability to see things by products - allow to pull together dashboards - integrate with our system - segment the data by metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support that we receive. We have a lot of issues with the system but do not receive a timely response to our issues. Also, they haven't been responsive to make product modifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

work closely with the CSM from the beginning. we didn't get good training and have had multiple CSMs since we started Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is allowing us to scale our team. We have been able to integrate our product data into the system to allow the team to know the overall health of their accounts without having to login to our system to pull reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love the layout and design of the application of itself. Also, one of my favorite features of any SaaS software is that you can manually initiate a Salesforce sync. So helpful when doing batch updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Crazy that a company that is built for CS orgs has such poor CS. Lies during implementation, weeks with no response from ticketing systems and our direct CSM, and no SLAs defined (if they are defined, they are surely in breach of them). Would be a great software if they had any resources for support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to support yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CS CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.