Totango Reviews & Product Details

EP
What do you like best?

The promise of what it could potentially do -- monitoring client usage and engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We never got it up and running. Totango had said it would be easy to implement in our company but it wasn't. After 6 months of trying we threw in the towel and gave up. We wasted a lot of time and money on the promise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a dedicated internal resource to learn the Totango system and make sure it will work in your environment. Start small before you commit to rolling it out for all your customers or account executives...would have saved a lot of money and heartache if we had a smaller agreement and expanded it if it delivered on the promise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to improve our customer onboarding and retention rates but didn't realize any value.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Totango Overview

What is Totango?

Totango is the leading customer success platform that enables organizations of all sizes to improve growth and retention by guiding strategic customer engagement for businesses. With a data-driven approach, Totango creates a comprehensive and shareable profile of the customer, turning customer information into actionable insights. TotangoSpark breaks down the customer lifecycle into simple, easy-to-manage stages that let companies prioritize their processes to hit the goals that drive growth for their organization.

Totango Details

Customer success platform used by enterprises to proactively drive adoption, retention, expansion, and improved reputation with their customers.

Totango is designed for fast and flexible integration. It is easy (and free) for your organization to get started while being comprehensive enough to support multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

2010
San Mateo, CA
@Totango

Totango Videos

Totango Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Totango community
Have you used Totango before?

Totango Reviews

Showing 341 Totango reviews
Already have Totango?
Customer Success Team manager
What do you like best?

Totango helped me not onlyto mange the team day to day task, but to support my engagement model, and automate our processes. with that, my management has a full visibility to the customer health.

I integrated automation between our product and Totango, this helped me to identify on real time opportunities, risks, and increased my team efficiency.

Besides the great technology, Totango has a great team that is supporting all my need with a high level of professionalism. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know it's coming, need to have better ways to create reports on tasks and touchpoints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

System is very easy to use, and very flexible.

Comparing to competores, Totango has much better technical support, and are able to connect to any data source. (not only Sales Force) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Measure customer health

Track team productivity

Scaling coverage by automating processes, as call for actions when our systems indicates technical issues or usage drop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales Operations
What do you like best?

Totango is very user friendly from a CSM leader, manager and a Salesforce Admin angle. It provides the user analytics, day to day user reports and health scores we need. As a Salesforce Admin, I need an App that is simple to deploy, maintain + easy to get data from and that will stay connected Totango hits all those buttons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The list of files is not organized, which at times gets very long and is not truly organized. I wish it could be set up to how I would like it-- collapse the ones I would likely never export but then my "favorites" are available at a glance/click to export. This is not a big deal at all.. just a preference issue - nothing else to really complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build out fields + a drop down section in Lighting Experience Salesforce to pull the fields into on the Account object to track metrics. Have a structured cadence for bringing the metrics into Salesforce each week for comparison and use the metrics for helping you prevent churn and also use as a tool for helping spot upsell opportunities. We use Totango + Bombora it is a great way to use 2 "eyes". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to get all user metrics, CSat scores, customer health and see last login dates and who logged in all in 1 place + get it all in Salesforce as well. Our CSMs and Sales Teams are able to stay in Salesforce + our Execs can view dashboards on the data all in 1 place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We wanted to ensure that you could have a system where CSat and NPS could also be incorporated into overall customer health. So glad that you are loving it. We have made some great strides with integration as well so I am glad you are seeing value with the SF integration. I will share your thoughts regarding additional SF integrations as well.

Katie Yagodnik Director CS Operations and Digital Programs

Senior Vice President of Customer Success
What do you like best?

Totango offers a comprehensive customer journey mapping and success planning interface for all phases of the client lifecycle - from acquisition and onboarding, through adoption and value actualization with growth and renewal. Visibility, segmentation, and executive reporting are tremendous strong-suits for this platform, as is individual contributor planning and task-tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, and its associated terminology, is not typical to the Customer Success industry, and use of some phraseology (such as "Success Plays," or "SuccessBlocs") is very application-specific. There is a slight learning curve, vs. users who are more comfortable with Salesforce or other Customer Success platforms, but once mastered, this language becomes second-nature (and may even permeate your own Customer Success platform). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an executive, I am able to see the entire health-state and directional forecast of my current account portfolio. This is enabling us to manage organizational planning around our customer segments, and even innovate on our theory of the customer and customer journey segmentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Juan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding Totango. I am thrilled to hear that Totango can help you and your organization have a comprehensive view of your customer journey. We appreciate the feedback regarding the terminology within our platform and I will make sure to share that with the product team to consider as we continue to iterate and grow the platform.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Director of Digital Programs and CS Operations, Totango

Client Success Manager
What do you like best?

We have been able to consolidate all of our data points from different systems into one source of truth and have actionable insights for our CSMs to better our client's health. Management has higher visibility into client's health and holds higher accountability for our CSM team. Configuring this platform has forced our team to be more proactive in understanding our client's health. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, we are working on User Adoption. We had an aggressive timeline to go-live and as we continue to build the platform up, we need to be able to show value to our CSM team to continue to use it. Many of the negatives have been on our own side where we have not been able to obtain our own data or pull it correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient in the setup, especially if this is your first implementation of a CSM software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have discovered many gaps in our own data. This has been beneficial in ensuring the integrity of our data, and the ownership of that data. We are also being forced to think how we track and benchmark health for our clients where we have not before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that all of my accounts are stored in one spot. It's extremely easy to see all of the data for all of my accounts in one tool. It's also great that Totango and Salesforce sync with each other. You can easily customize what data you'd like to see and set rules for when the data is pulled. It is a really great way to keep all of your accounts organized and track activities within those accounts. There is a nice graph on the right side of your home page that tracks how your accounts are doing in real time. The graph is also a link to see what accounts are contributing to the health in each category. The technical support has been great and they have even jumped on a video call to help walk us through the training. The customer service has been excellent and they are always available and willing to help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike so far is that my company doesn't have all of the syncs aren't activated, yet. This isn't an issue with Totango, though. I'm still getting used to assigning tasks and setting segments for my accounts, so I don't have a ton of feedback yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This an amazing tool to keep all of your teams up to speed and in the loop for all of your accounts. I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to assign tasks to other people in my organization to keep us all on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to track outreach, send email campaigns, and create health dashboards. I can quickly go to saved segments or create email alerts on particular areas of the client's health that I want to monitor.

Creating user and client segments is easy, and you can pull in so many various data points to customize exactly what you want to see.

The health dashboards are so useful to take a look day to day at client help and be able to be proactive in both calling out successes and acting on red flags.

Scorecards! Helpful to keep track of goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

wish there was more integration with tools like salesforce. I wish there was the ability to have a dashboard homepage each time I log in.

The Notifications page when I log in - I would rather see a snapshot of health at the top.

When you get logged out - it doesn't kick you back to the login page, it just won't bring up accounts when you search, I wish you would just get kicked out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool for managing client health - if you are looking for a tool to help improve retention, and are willing to take the time to customize it for your organization, you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

reducing churn. Being able to look at clients and users from various perspectives and activity allows us to ID trends and red flags and catch them well before renewal.

The benefits have definitely been shown in creating the email notifications when a client leaves or enters a particular segment - I don't have to go and look, I know what happened and what I should be communicating to clients based on the notification.

Being able to also ID Trends and have conversations about them has made our team more savvy at handing issues or roadblocks as they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly generate success plays and reports to view the health of accounts I work with. The ability for the tool to be able to integrate with multiple data sets and be able to be a single source for the data pertinent for me to help grow accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I like the ability to add touchpoints by taking advantage of the BCC, this makes that touchpoint automation automatically use the same success flow that was used for the previous touchpoint for that account (which may or may not be accurate). Being able to control successflows while using BCC touchpoints would be a game changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool that is able to take a lot of data about your clients from multiple sources and then transform that data into something to help you support your clients better, this would be a tool to consider! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to monitor the health of my accounts (MSPs) and really come up with creative strategies to properly drive each MSP to be successful in their own way. Not all accounts have the same needs, so having Totango helps me with identifying their specific needs and in turn show even more value in working with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango is incredible! Love how it integrates with Salesforce and helps me see day to day metrics related to my customers health. Its everything you want in one place - a place to log call notes, touch points, account history, attachments, internal notes, external notes - and integrates with your gmail as well. It has so many great features that monitor customer health and their journey which makes it so much easier as a Success Professional to do my job. I'd absolutely recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the tool was configured to push information back to Salesforce - IE change of account ownership, account manager, etc. Right now, its only set up to go 1-way for that level of changing. I'd also like it if contacts could be added directly in Totango and it would sync back to contacts in Salesforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Totango as the best integrated platform to map your customer journey, gain insights, and better understand your clients. You will be glad you did! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to solve the customer journey, identify customer health, communicate internally, assign internal reminders and tasks, and overall.... stay much more organized! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Totango hierarchy capabilities enable us to roll-up data at various levels to get a full picture of the products subscribed to and what line of business they are associated with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Totango is constantly adding new features which is great; however, the support on implementing the new capabilities has been a bit light. We don't feel like we are taking full advantage of what's available and can get confused when menu items are moved around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to implement and automated health score and have given CSM visibility into how customers are using our products. Previously, our team was "flying blind" and had no information regarding who had adopted the product vs. not. Totango has made the process for logging and monitoring touchpoints much faster for the team and our integration with our CRM makes the touchpoints visible to all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi Nicole,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give feedback about your experience with Totango. We are glad you are enjoying the data roll-up functionality. Since data is key to ensuring you have a 360 view of your cusotmers we want our customers to be able to leverage their data in many ways. We appreciate your feedback as well regarding the new features and will take this into account as we look at how we roll out new features in the future. We do make sure to send out bi-weekly product release notes. If you haven't seen them you can review them here:https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/sections/200551325-Product-Release-Notes. Please reach out should you need help on anything.

Katie Yagodnik Director CS Operations and Digital Programs

Senior Manager, Customer Success
What do you like best?

1. Quick support and good user documentation. It is easy to get value quickly if you just poke around.

2. They offered a free "full" version of the application to get me started. This is the only CS tool that does this to my knowledge.

3. They have great workflow and process automation capacity using SuccessPlays which is dead easy to set-up.

4. Data modeler module where you can define any attribute you like. Combined with a powerful API gives this solution the potential to act as a MASTER of all your customer master data which you can setup feeding all the other systems you might have that also require some customer master data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Few native ready integrations. Luckily the API is good and with some work you can make most things work if you have the resources for that. Their onboarding package a good investment (at least that is what I hope. I will start next week) As part of this onboarding they will help you setup 3 integrations as part of that project. If you use Salesforce suit of applications you are in luck here. Unfortunately we do not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a good value for money customer success tool then Totango is your best choice in my mind. I researched a whole range of applications, going through the grind of due diligence checks and demos without getting to test something fully. Totango gave me 3 full version licenses which really took me to the next level and I was able to research all I needed to really understand that I can do so much with this solution. Much more than what I anticipated and what I had on my checklist. they also offer affordable onboarding. Perfect choice for SMB companies for sure... probably for bigger companies as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I have not yet implemented the system I can only say what I aim to solve with this after researching possibilities

KIP monitoring on all customer life cycles

Customer success team management / Work load management for internal task assignments

Standardized project automation. Eg. Onboarding and other work requests and addon product implementations to existing customers

Marketing Campaigns made easy and quick with huge auto trigger potential

Master Data single source input to feed other systems of changes and new customers

Executive reporting

Health monitoring

Risk of churn mitigation

Usage analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

JP, Thank you so much for your detailed feedback about your initial experience with Totango. We are so excited to get you onboarded and help you solve many of the things you have outlined in this review. Glad to hear you saw tremendous value in seeing and being able to play around in the platform before deciding to move forward with investing further. We hope to empower every organization with the ability to run any customer journey, easily and at scale. Take care, Katie Yagodnik

What do you like best?

Once you understand how the software is structured and how different parts of the product work together, implementing Totango actually becomes very intuitive and dynamic. Instead of coming up with one complex masterplan for your success strategy you can iterate and make changes to rules quickly. Everything follows a clear framework and logic which - when understood - makes it easy to translate all the implicit best practices and playbooks that you want your CSMs to apply in customer engagements into explicit and scalable rules with measurable outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their touchpoint capabilities (Totango's way of logging client interactions inside Totango) could be improved - logging client interaction is a little cumbersome and often is a source of frustration for CSMs. Rules should also become smarter and help to keep tasks updated automatically - as in: when the conditions that triggered a task change, automatically modify or delete the task to avoid the accumulation of outdated tasks in the agenda.

The Totango integration ecosystem is still limited, and I would love if TT invested more resources integrating into other services that CSM teams use to communicate with customers. Examples: 1) Work with email providers (Gmail, Front, Outlook) or Chat platforms like Intercom to make Totango data available in these systems for agents and CSMs. 2) integrate with task management platforms such as Monday or Trello to allow teams to work on tasks generated by Totango in a system of choice 3) Integrate better with voice and video channels (phone, Zoom, Gong, Loom) to allow for automated logging of phone calls and meetings inside Totango. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would argue that Totango is a really good choice if you are looking for a quality tool to manage your clients proactively. Its lacking a few features that Enterprise-level account managers and success managers would find useful (for example account mapping features or integrations with Linkedin), but it makes up for this in terms of ease of use and implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearly structuring our success approach: We ensure that we cover 100% of our accounts with simple rules, plus we monitor account health, product adoption and contraction/expansion to proactively intervene with clients where necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of base configuration, simple approach to dynamic segmentation and consistent development of the platform. The Totango pre Sales team was dedicated to help us get immediate value and the Support team is quick in their responses. CSM is dedicated to helping us be successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scalability beyond the expected use cases of a CSM is limited. Base approach is each CSM owns a book of business, and does not really support dynamic assignment. There are a few anomalies with regard to data structures, and the supported data sources are still limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Totango is a great, purpose built solution that does more than just check the boxes without being too cumbersome to configure and use. No dedicated administrator is necessary. When comparing to to the other well known solutions Totango does a great job balancing ease with extensibility with being priced out of the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visibility to multiple data sources, targeting clients in missions or programs, tieing moments that matter to solutions. Our very small engagement team needs to have insight into the day and our client base at scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Ron, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive and constructive feedback with us. Glad you appreciate the ease of use and our team's commitment to making sure you are successful. We would like to hear more about what you would like to see in terms of scalability. Please share this with your CSM or feel free to leave your feedback on our product wishlist for our team to review further: https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist.

Take care and wish you the best with your customer success initiatives.

Director, Digital Programs

Senior Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

The feature that I like and use the most is the segments feature. I use this pretty often to dive deeper into my account base to find opportunities and to better understand my customers behaviors. It also allows me to quickly find focus areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When updates are made, I don't get notifications so it often times is something you just discover. In addition, these updates are not always making the tools better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty easy to integrate and use. Once you have it set up for your team you won't need much additional support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I get a holistic view of my account. I can see all communicates from across our organization as notes and emails are added to the timeline which reduces customer friction. I have used other tools which this feature wasn't possible. It made some customer discussion awkward. I also have good visibility to the financials for my customers in terms of forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The helpfulness and expertise of the team is second to none, and they are very good at ensuring they empower the end users to take control of their own instance of Totango, rather than doing it all and leaving you to it. Very clear roles and easy to understand who to go to for what. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a negative for Totango, but my advice to anyone looking to take on a tool like Totango is please ensure your data is worked on/cleaned up before purchasing a tool like this. Totango is more flexible than many other tools out there, but it will still be limited with what it can do if your data sources are not aligned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

360 view of customer health. Standardising processes like QBRs, success planning etc. Tracking all key touchpoints with customers and more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Totango. Onboarding is critical to the adoption of any tool and we take great pride in ensuring our customers get off to a great start. Thank you for sharing the tip around data integrity. That is critical to be successful in any tool where you are bringing disparate data together. Data integrity ensures Totango can take your data and drive action at scale in many different ways. Thanks again.

Director, Digital Programs

Totango

What do you like best?

The ability to house all Client Success and AM notations for an account in one organized place is nice. There is additional functionality around being able to quickly identify products that a client has and does not have so that you do not have to dig further for the information. It has also improved our internal state with regard to how much visibility we have into users that use our products giving us a better understanding of when contacts leave the org and new users come in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting and the ability to campaign well through totango is lacking. No ability to do custom drip campaigns and do not support HTML formatting. Customer enablement functions and customer marketing options could be expanded. HTML formatting would be extremely helpful to brand the messaging better from the platform. Only option I know of currently is plain text. Product insights and analytics for in product usage would be helpful to be built out better as well. Need to be able to better understand what each user of our product is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be diligent on your use case and what you specifically want to accomplish with the platform. I believe our instance could be a little more intuitive in pulling in product data from a usage standpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A one stop solution for account managers and client success managers to be able to know what actions have been taken and what the account history is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I heavily relied on Totango when I was a CSM at my company. I used it multiple times a day to look up customer profiles, prepare for calls, pull reports for email campaigns and upsell opportunities... and more. Its capabilities are extremely robust and nearly any CS initiative is possible to implement with the right resources. I now use it for customer marketing to pull engagement reports, and find it's easier to use for that purpose compared to any other tool that we have in our tech stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The global search bar at the top of each page in Totango is limited in functionality. It won't search for any customer attribute, instead it will only search for either account name, or user name. I also find the way the SuccessBlocs are set up, as a little confusing and feel like there could have been more handholding with that major release. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company has been able to increase upsell opportunity and revenue, prioritize tasks accordingly with Totango's tasks system, and run a well-oiled machine in the CS department with little to no effort once Totango was implemented years ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am thrilled to see that Totango is helping you to prioritize customers and take action. That is fantastic that you are seeing opportunities for upselling to drive additional revenue for your organization. Thanks for your feedback about the global search bar. I will share with my product team and any time you have a feature idea please also feel free to share it here: https://support.totango.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360001294011-Product-Wishlist. Our product team reviews this often. We have recently added a video walk-thru and some additional messaging within our SuccessBLOCS. If you have not seen this already please check it out. I would be happy to go over anything related to SuccessBLOCS as well. You can email me directly at katiey@totango.com. Thanks again.

Director, CS Operations and Digital Programs

AC
What do you like best?

Manage your Customer Lifecycle all from within Totango. The possibilities are endless, from creating customized goals to reporting on data that matters across all areas of Customer Success. The automation capabilities are a game changer. Rolling out customer plays that can prompt users to manually update account attributes or even prompt an automatic updates. The integration has with Salesforce is awesome, allowing you to pull any field into Totango but also connect with external sources such as SQL databases to pull in other data points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like all enterprise platforms, it can take some time to grasp however once that lightbulb moment goes off, you're truly on the road to providing success to your customers. Understanding the totango successblobs, flows and how they're tied to one another can be tricky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With so many important pieces of data to capture, it can be difficult to track and keep on top of a large client base. Things begin to slip through the gap. Totango will help manage and report on onboarding performance to identifying at risk accounts, renewals, to also support data. It's an all in one solution. TTV is now as important as ever, especially in the software space. Using Totango we now have a more visibility on where the stop gaps are being presente along the customer journey but most importantly the data to support such stop gaps. This in turn helps drive and influence cross functional team to address such stop gaps be it feature related, bugs, tooling etc which helps ensure current customer remain customers but also to support customers to come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I love the concept! ONE place where a CS team can put their data, which works with other data houses that our other departments use like Sales team uses Salesforce. When we bought, I was informed we would have dashboards of easy to view upcoming renewals and tasks and communications. If this would work like it says it works- it would change our company for the better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-Google Drive integration is useless. Either need to manually add one thing at a time as an asset or in Assets, when you choose to connect to your drive, it only allows you to enter your own files you created vs what would make sense: Shared files and Drives you have access to since we are a collaborative team with shared client folders storing client data.

-I dislike how revenue unfriendly it is- it is very cumbersome to track clients sales and revenue growth- which makes it not functional for a B2B company like mine.

-I dislike how the main notes, the Touchpoints, does not integrate with anything. All information in it does not carry over to client attributes. If there is a timeline for notes that is not touchpoints I should be using to track ongoing meetings with clients I am unaware of it.

-In order to fill out a form I first have to request it from myself. The form could potentially be a way to track the meetings, if we had questions and then blank space for recap, but then it could not be sent to the client...

-I have been unable to integrate it with email. I have to manually BCC totango every time. I want successplays to send certain emails out to the client contacts on the account when conditions are met. No Client contact in 20+ days= emails sent out every 3 days

-I have been unable to integrate it with SMS communication with clients

-It does integrate with Salesforce but only in one direction. A change in SF comes to Totango but a change made in Totango does not show up in SF (this might be a SF complaint and not a Totango one)

-There is no scale for health. Health is binary. As far as I know, if some clients have a meeting cadence of every 14 days = health and some have every 7 days = health, we can only have it apply to all accounts as one or the other. (There is no "OR")

-More automation! :) I want Form 1 to auto send to ALL clients every 30 days! and Form 2 to auto send to clients who meet criteria following each touchpoint.

I think I could go on but hopefully this gives a sense to the product team of my concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not a whole lot yet. I do like having a better home for each client account than we did in SF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Katie Yagodnik of Totango

Hi and thank you for your feedback regarding Totango. We are sorry to hear that we are not delighting you to the fullest. We have received some similar feedback regarding tracking revenue and integrations. We spent much of the second half of last year addressing integrations specifically and have a host of many new integrations including better integration capabilities with Google. We do integrate with Salesforce the way you have described what you would like to see happen. It may be how you currently have Totango configured. I would be happy to set you up with one of our customer success engineers to walk you through it. I hear your concerns around campaign automation and many of the things you are requesting can be done by setting the segment criteria within Totango campaigns. I would be happy to hop on a call and show you how to do this or collaborate on your ideas. Please feel free to reach out to me at katiey@totango.com. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

UL
What do you like best?

So far the system seems easy and intuitive to use. There are multiple filter sets to pick from which is great and I think adding in a touchpoint via the touchpoints@ email is available, as it helps to minimize duplicate entry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initially I had a little bit of trouble with the system but that was because my profile was setup under an old email address and our company changed our email address format. Once my Totango lead was able to update and merge my profile to my current email address it allowed me to start taking advantage of the touchpoints email option saving time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When starting your Totango training, I would recommend that before the training with a Totango team member happens, you have the opportunity to log into the system and perhaps are even walked through a few items. I felt like with the initial training that was provided to our team as a whole, the person doing the training seemed to think we had been in the system a good portion and that was not really the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't been able to dive into the system as deep as I would like yet and we are still loading in information on each account. But I am looking forward to seeing gaps that could lead to growth opportunities for my customers... it will be great to easily look at their accounts to identify areas of opportunities based on quick at a glance information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Totango is how it allows me to manage by days, weeks, months and quarters ahead of time. Totango allows me check the health of my accounts in an easy way and that I can simply forward email communication to Totango and it will log the record automatically. Its particularly nice when I'm busy and dont have the time or energy to log into the system and record my notes.The interface is clean and easy to find key data points to understand your customer. You can track your daily tasks in a single click, and Totango makes jumping between accounts easy to manage, with a way to jump back to where you started. Editing details is simple, error handling when I do something wrong is clear. Very easy to access support resources from within the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rolling information up and down from a parent account to a child account is not as intuitive or easy to do as I would like. Would be great if we could easily select what fields needs to be rolled up or down. Would like their to be a customer facing portal as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Totango gives us the ability to oversee, quite literally, hundreds of clients at once and to understand their story.Totango is best used in situations where you'll be tracking a client and their journey through a specific timeline. We use it to get someone started in a software and then to ensure they remain successful for years to come, periodically checking in with them, as well as pulling analytics to understand how effective they are using the software. Their reporting tool is very useful and comes in handy for the entire department. As a result, we know where we are and where we will need to be to achieve our desired outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.