Toast

Toast

An all-in-one restaurant POS, Toast keeps all your tech ingredients in one place, including restaurant loyalty, gift cards,_online ordering programs, and even restaurant customer data._

Work for Toast?

Learning about Toast?

Toast Reviews

Ask Toast a Question
Toast review by IL Primo P.
IL Primo P.

"So Far So Good"

What do you like best?

Toast has been a great addition to my 5 stores. Super user friendly with an Offline Mode. The back end allows me to login whenever and wherever I am to check on the stores!!

What do you dislike?

Technical Support is So-So thus far. A lot of I don't know but I'll call you back with no call back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of Toast's Training Program. They did a great job here. All you have to do is put in the work to teach and train your employees.

Food Cost has definitely decreased since using Toast since Toast and my GFS account is now integrated. Online Ordering has been great as well since it is integrated as well as goes straight to the kitchen when ordered.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Toast
Showing 109 Toast reviews
Toast review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Best POS system I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

My staff is in love with being able to do multiple checks with ease and quickness. This reduces time at the computer and helps them run their shift with more time taking care of guest needs and being able to interact more with their guests.

What do you dislike?

We do run into the problem of running credit cards back to back and the credit card readers not responding to cards. You have to back out of the check and go back into it. Also, going to back to fix a drawer mistake the next day, maybe there is a way but I have not been able to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the obvious choice to use in restaurants. Every employee has had a very easy time using this POS and the Toast University is such a great way to train. Not one of my employees has had any issues using this system and I love the way that I could easily set-up the computer to make sure that I had everything I needed. And every time I need to change something, even while out of the restaurant, it is easy and immediate. I would definitely recommend this to every restaurant manager.

Being able to send business receipts to an email is so beneficial. I don't have to manually look at the day's receipts and can easily find them and send them. guests appreciate the quickness too if they lost their receipt for a business trip.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Toast
Toast review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Best Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that whenever I've had a question, I have multiple ways to find an answer. Whether I'm calling the support line, or looking on central.toasttab.com, I've never been left without an answer to my questions. I like being able to talk to a real person in real time who can instantly pull up my info for my restaurant and has insight into my question and how to resolve it. Super great service and I'm always impressed!!

What do you dislike?

I know that updates are on their way, and certain things take longer than others, but I would LOVE it if there was a search option for inventory items from the main screen. The navigation is really easy, but sometimes I'd rather just search for an item I know we have instead of looking through extensive lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the industry of food, beverage, or restaurants, you should absolutely consider Toast. Representatives from the company have worked in the industry and have an idea of what you're talking about before you even ask a question. They have experience that they can use as insight to intuitively get you what you need. There are so many ways to customize the software - there's no way you can walk away from this decision unhappy.

I'm able to track sales very specifically with the analytics and can keep my business from running out of inventory items by tracking volume. Immediate publishing is a huge benefit to be able to keep my terminals updated with the latest items.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

Toast review by Andy J.
Andy J.

"Extremely difficult to get access to your POS data"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure there is much I can say about their platform.

What do you dislike?

Their company makes it mind bogglingly difficult to get access to your data. First, the client had to have several sales conversations with a sales person, and then had to fork over $2,500 just to get access to an API. Then, there is an entire "certification" process, which is an elaborate song and dance for them to get an idea of what you want to build with their API. Compare this with any tech company in San Francisco where all you need is to give an email address. What gives?

I bet Toast is great to work with on the POS and business side. But in terms of getting data to analyze and make business decisions? It's undeniably difficult. There are too many hurdles to get access to data, something that other companies happily give away for free.

Toast review by Jakob L.
Jakob L.

"If the Toast fits..."

What do you like best?

Toast is highly intuitive and easy to use. It has an app-based design and is hosted in the cloud, meaning I can check sales from my phone, update an employee's information from any computer, and quickly update software in just a couple of minutes. The company is young and reactive, making sure to release an update every 30 days or so.

What do you dislike?

A young company is a good thing and a bad thing -- other POS operators have a long history of features and getting kinks worked out. While Toast is leagues ahead of where other systems would be at the same time, they're still responding to some of the features that their customers desire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Toast is growing very quickly. Definitely communicate with your distributor, but Toast can easily replace simple systems like Square, or more complicated POS systems like Aloha or Micros. One of the best things is the ability for Toast to grow with your company.

On-the-fly editing of current menu items, tight control over labor, integration with Hotschedules to allow for smart scheduling.

Toast review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Excellent platform with modern abilities and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

I have had issues with other systems when I needed support. Toast has figured out that I just want a human to answer and handle my situation because I have a restaurant to run. Generally, the person who answers is the person who is going to help me out and that is huge. Also, just the modernity of the system and the evolution via updates lets me know that if I don't have a function that I want now I probably will soon.

What do you dislike?

The Master Menu system (I think that is what it was called) sounded like a great idea and was definitely an original buying factor for my restaurant group. It turned out to be incredibly clunky to set up with too much room for small, easy-to-make mistakes, that would cause huge issues. This was such a problem that I scrapped the whole program even though I have six restaurants that are 75% similar under the same name. The other incomprehensible nuisance with the system is the inability for modifiers to inherit Applicable Sales Tax and Sales Category attributes from their parents. I just don't get that one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Toast is a great product as-is and seems to consistently working towards a being a better product. The malleable nature of the system and responsiveness to the unpredictable nature of the Restaurant Industry has made it a life-saver.

My restaurants make a lot of changes to menu and offerings on the fly and the ease of execution changing buttons and menus around is extremely beneficial. Our old system would require a 5 min cease of operation for any update whatsoever. Another huge problem resolved is the ability to make adjustments to the system from anywhere at any time. As a COO who has a hand on POS operations, that is huge for me to be able to jump in and fix issues that arise from off-premise.

Toast review by Ron D.
Ron D.

"I would recommend Toast. Positives outweigh negatives by large margin"

What do you like best?

Customer support is friendly and helpful in most situations,

System has good reporting and good flexibility.

POS system is easy to learn for new cashiers to learn.

What do you dislike?

Some issues that should be addressed don't get much attention even though they have a huge impact on our productivity.

Online Ordering has some quirks that make it difficult to accurately fulfill customer orders and and receipts only get printed on certain orders. Online orders do not add duplicate items the same way that the tablets do. They will have multiple lines of the same item taking up valuable space on the KDS units and causing the cooks to have to scroll thru the order to count how many orders of fries or other identical items that 1 ticket has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you go over exactly what you need & how you want to use it. Chances are Toast will be a good fit for you. It's updated regularly and support is quick & helpful.

Toast makes it possible for us to not require the services of a bookkeeper.

Toast review by Addam  O.
Addam O.

"Diamond in the rough"

What do you like best?

Where to begin. Coming from an ancient legacy system to a state of the art, cloud based POS has been game changing for us. One of the best features is that it is reliable. Period.

Second feature is the ease of changes on the fly. I can make major menu changes fast and easily thanks to the builtin back office feature.

I also love the online ordering integration. Works very well.

Lastly, I like that the initial setup and reporting was intuitive and easy to wrap my head around. Reports are easy to access and sort.

What do you dislike?

No a huge fan of the self processing for credit cards. Definitely at their mercy when it comes to fees. They are not bad but if they decide to raise them,

Also, the rewards program is weak. More of just a database creator than a usable feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See it live before you commit. Also, high bandwidth internet is an absolute must. Setup can be tedious but do it right the first time and you will thank yourself.

Online ordering integration was seamless and boosted sales. Training has been revolutionized. Reporting accuracy is fabulous. Realiability is not an issue. Support is great.

Toast review by Haley W.
Haley W.

"User friendly and affordable"

What do you like best?

Accessibility; literally anywhere I am I can see how the business is doing and I can also edit everything remotely which is wonderful. The available hardware such as their toast go which is a portable pos system has been the best product we could have purchased. It has increased our service times two-fold. Customer support is also a big plus with this company.

What do you dislike?

Limited reporting/exporting options. I can see whatever information I am looking for one the Toast platform but when you go to export the information it gives you everything instead of specifics. Also I wish the time clock print out would show accumulated weekly hours. Both have been addressed with Toast who said they have submitted these suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Price is affordable, support is wonderful, and the hardware is ideal.

1) Service times; Toast Go has been a miracle for our restaurant/bar. 2) The remote access has also been a huge benefit because now all owners/managers can see what is happening in realtime from vitally any location with internet. Aside from seeing realtime information, all admin users can change or edit virtually anything without having to be on-site. 3) The ability to change layouts is also important for us since we do a lot of events. Menu changes are easy to make and the ability to recall an archived product makes this process even easier.

Toast review by Jeremy  S.
Jeremy S.

"If you are thinking about the handhelds, they are great"

What do you like best?

It is clear that the designers of Toast have experience in restaurants. The flow of the program for servers is intuitive and clear. We use the hand held Toast gos. At first my staff was skeptical. It was a big change for us. After a few days I had complete buy in. The tickets get to the bar and kitchen faster and so drinks and food come out faster. Also, we have eliminated submitting multiple orders at the same time. Honestly it has improved the flow of service all around.

What do you dislike?

The end of shift and end of day processes are good, but they offer too many options. It is a little clunky for my small operation. I can see for larger restaurants needing the controls that are offered, but for us it caused some confusion when training my managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good system. I have used Aloha, Digital Dining, TouchBistro, and a few other systems. Most of them work similarly. Toast is as good or better than anything I have used and their customer service is great. Also their pricing is very competitive. I am very happy with our choice of Toast.

As I said, the hand helds are improving the speed of service. A server takes an order at the table, sends it to the kitchen, and moves to the next table without ever leaving the floor. That means the tickets come in to the kitchen in a more manageable way. We never have a server who takes multiple orders and then submits them all at once. Also, mistaken orders are down. The server isn't writing the order then going back to the server station to enter it. This means there isn't the chance that they make mistake transcribing the order. They enter is as the customer says it.

Toast review by Richard J.
Richard J.

"An outstanding POS in terms of both price and performance."

What do you like best?

That the servers order in real time, and the kitchen receives accurate tickets almost as soon as the guest has ordering same. Consequently, the guest perceives better kitchen performance, as there is no longer a delay between the guest's order and the ticket arriving in the kitchen.

What do you dislike?

After receiving the new handhelds I would be hard pressed to complain about anything. Initially we had issues with the credit card readers, but that problem has disappeared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The performance to price ratio is far superior to that of either MICROS, Aloha, or Digital Dining, all systems we have used in the past ten years.

Speed of service is greatly enhanced. Guest perception of the ticket times from the kitchen have dramatically improved. After using MICROS for years, where access to analytics was limited, the ability to access sales, labor and menu records is impressive. Online ordering has been fantastic. Loyalty and gift card programs are also positives. Servers enjoy the gratuity function.

Toast review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Started off Great, Grew too fast.. Now failing"

What do you like best?

I love the straight forward programability and DIY aspects of setup and the reasonable monthly fees.. + the rewards, gift card and online ordering are awesome add-ons. They broke the rewards system

What do you dislike?

Sales has been slow to respond to issues. The most recent updates have broken major aspects of their system which is a terrible indication of a company focused on growth as opposed providing solid service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use

Their updates have been buggy, disrupting business significantly with very lackluster response.

I've had a rotating sales rep issue and they don't communicate account info, creating a terrible experience ultimately. Due to this issue, I gave an actual referral to another restaurant owner, they bought ,multiple installations and I was not given credit.. they actually gave the credit to an affiliate, which is awful.

Toast review by Jason D.
Jason D.

"Great, economic, POS platform; but not fully functional for fine dining yet!"

What do you like best?

Price point, the ability to email receipts, easy tracking of receipts, easy editing of closed checks, easy on the fly counts and system-wide messaging to servers.

What do you dislike?

No 'Fast Bar' screen, if you open a 'Bar Tab' and transfer the ticket to a traditional dining table the table becomes a 'Bar Tab' if done incorrectly and removes seat numbers, No BIN system for large cellars, poor connectivity on Bluetooth credit-card readers for handheld tablets (we've had to replace 3 in just two months), customer support can be long without updates to the situation, the auto-close feature is inconsistent (some days it will automatically clock everyone out at 4 am, other days it won't do it at all), there is no fast way to track when you 'fired' a course, you cannot remove some 'forced modifiers' that are pre-programmed in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic for fast casual, but I'd wait another year before you use it in a fine dining restaurant.

We needed an economic means of having more POS terminals in a busy restaurant and were looking for a handheld option tableside.

Toast review by Roberta P.
Roberta P.

"Easy to use POS "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Training new staff to use this POS is much easier than with other systems I have used. I love being able to find receipts for customers remotely. As part of upper management it also allows me to be able to help staff with matters at the store level in real time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Toast training videos are not up to date. Would make training staff more efficient if that tool was updated. Also, the response time from Toast support is a little slow making it challenging when an emergent issue arises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good POS. Analytics are improving all of the time. Great POS for QSR.

Being able to find real time analytics and sales numbers quickly has helped us determine quickly what items are trending. Additionally, we are able to track our payroll in real time which has been very helpful.

Toast review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"International Micro-Chain Has Great Success with Toast!"

What do you like best?

Toast has developed, and continues to enhance, one of the best POS platforms we have encountered. Their support is top notch and they consistently treat our business as an extension of their own. Toast has consistently been a key partner for us and has helped us implement a POS solution that delivers all functionality that we were hoping for.

What do you dislike?

Over the course of the past year we have encountered a few minor hiccups with the software resulting from hardware malfunctions or internet issues. Every time an issue occurred though Toast was all over it and worked tirelessly to correct it. We understand that there will always be technical difficulties when integrating a new software into an existing business; we just want our POS partner to be prompt and diligent with finding a solution. Toast has done this over and over again.

Toast has given us a single integrated POS platform to tie all 37 of our North American restaurants together allowing us to remotely push different menus to different regions with different pricing structures. This has given us insights into our restaurants performances and reporting capabilities regardless of enterprise structure.

Toast review by robert s.
robert s.

"a Toast to Toast"

What do you like best?

the Ability to still function in time of no internet access

What do you dislike?

when in offline mode each tablet is individual and non synced, kitchen screens are unavailable which requires tickets to be run to the kitchen, offline mode would be much better if there was a closed network mode in which all systems stayed connected through a switch board

Recommendations to others considering the product

if your system sucks switch to toast, it has complete offline modes and will save you the headache especially if you live in florida where the power and internet go out all of the time.

Offline mode, when the internet goes down the pos is still able to function in a moderate way, reports for management to help with food cost, Toast is also available to integrate with our food distributor making tracking of inventory a breeze this is especially helpful with product management and food costs.

Labor tracking, helps to monitor labor costs to help run and an effective level .

Toast review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"So many options for success!"

What do you like best?

Toast has a very friendly onboarding process. From the knowledgeable salespeople, account manager, and all the great training, value-added material and info online - I feel like they have my back. There is a ton of customization and integration options available to help the business grow.

What do you dislike?

It is important to know exactly what features come with your deployment and what would be additional. I think all POS providers should be more competitive with credit card processing rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about expanding your business and locations - this is an enterprise-ready system without the enterprise pricing.

Data is critical to stay agile in the restaurant business and in making decisions that impact the growth and expansion of our business. Validation via data and easy reporting is huge.

Toast review by Jessica H.
Jessica H.

"BANDITO Loves TOAST! "

What do you like best?

Toast is an easy to use, customer support is great and THEY listen!

Any request we have made for product improvement has been taken seriously and in some cases we have already seen results. This NEVER happens with other companies.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - this is a great system. The only thing I would maybe add is the ability to add Rewards emails from the back office

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it - it is perfect for both large and small businesses of any kind

We are collecting emails and growing a loyalty club. We are using this information to grow our business.

Toast review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Good system"

What do you like best?

It's an easy-to-use software, with a set-up that allows for multiple locations and syncing with inventory to analyze sales. The overall look is clean and each employee is able to easily locate items within the menu.

What do you dislike?

The syncing is off sometimes and will randomly put products as negative stock in the inventory, which is irritating. The back-end takes a little practice to get down. System will randomly "update" and delete buttons, however they are supposedly working on this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to get to know the back-end and sync the SKUs of products properly in order to really keep track of inventory/sales. Perform any updates on the back-end rather than the terminal in order to ensure that they remain in place after an update.

Organization and keeping order, as well as an easy-to-use interface for each employee to pick up on quickly. We've seen good results thus far, besides the little glitches here and there.

Toast review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Toast Point of Sale for Coffee Shop"

What do you like best?

The best part of Toast is the customer support. I've been thoroughly impressed with everyone that I've talked to when I had questions. Customer service goes above and beyond to help with any issues and customize your subscription.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Toast is the price. We are a small family business, and the monthly subscription price can be a little "spendy" depending on the features you would like to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Toast is a great POS system, allows for a lot of customization and tailoring for your specific business, and has top-notch customer service. It's user friendly for someone who is minimally tech savvy, but, like I said, customer service is incredible, so they can easily help you with any questions you may have. We use the sales and menu reports regularly, and appreciate that you can make menu changes remotely from a laptop and publish them directly to the POS system. The only drawback, in my opinion, is the system can be a little pricey for a small business like ours.

We are currently using Toast for its POS system, as well as for sales reports. I like the amount of data that is collected and how easy it is to access all of that information. There are a variety of reports available both on the POS system and online.

Toast review by Kenan W.
Kenan W.

"Restaurant POS can be brutal...TOAST is an exception."

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this platform is BANANAS, B A N A N A S. Anyone can pick up this system quickly. Splitting Checks? Psh, no worries. Adding in twenty five new products at once? 5 minute fix... Definitely the best POS system I've used.

What do you dislike?

The offline mode is not where it should be--it is inconvenient. Support staff is relatively hit or miss, but in comparison to other POS companies--above average. The Go Live process was simple.

Toast allows all levels of management and staff be aware of the business's health and goals and contribute to them. We see immediate return on decisions regarding labor costs on a daily basis.

On the reporting side, it is very easy to control our Restaurant performance remotely!

Toast review by Don C.
Don C.

"We love our toast tablets"

What do you like best?

A few of the things we like most about toast are:

-mobile tablets to take orders and payments at the table

-very easy to make it custom to fit our need

-robust reporting in a multitude of areas provides us great data to analysis

What do you dislike?

The equipment we purchased at implementation cannot be used to trade up to the new toast to go devices which were not available at that time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rush the implementation before going live

We are using for time tracking and controls on discounts/voids.

Toast review by Marie S.
Marie S.

"Loving Toast"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & easy for servers & managers to learn

What do you dislike?

The company is growing so fast that now there are two tiers of support when you call in and the first tier of associates are not as knowledgeable & experienced as Tier Two personnel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Toast is our third POS in 3 years & I can finally say, our last! It does everything we need it to & then some. Easy to use, easy to learn & analytics are great.

Made our customer's experience ordering easier & faster. We also use Toast's Online ORdering Module which is connected to our website & works flawlessly. Customers order & pay online & their ticket fires to Kitchen at appropriate time based on their pickup time.

Toast review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Great POS"

What do you like best?

We love that it is cloud based and so much easier than our older style POS we used to have.

Barely any equipment on site - great use-ability and pretty intelligent design / layout.

Took our stores out of the Stone Age to being a modern company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes servers are down - as with ANYTHING these days. Other than that pretty much nothing. They have offline mode so everything basically still works.

We are able to remotely track pretty much every aspect of the busisness.

Toast review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Toast"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the toast program has been there's so many great different options to help our business and if we ever have any problems I'll we have to do is call or email and within minutes you guys of always fixed any issues that we have had

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I can say about it

One of the greatest things I love is that all of our rewards customers and their information is saved into the toast program hey makes it easy to find a customer and or resolve a problem the customer has had and I love how you can go back from even months before to find in order that may need to be fixed

Toast review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Toast Review"

What do you like best?

The ease and accessibility guests have with ordering

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there's connectivity issues with our printers. There are also charges made on one day that will show up on another day in the daily sales. There isn't an option to add money to multiple giftcards at once. you have to do a separate transaction even if the cards are all for the same amount. There have been other small things pop up during our use of Toast, but they've always been willing to help address these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your staff is trained and you have your menu FULLY set up (along with modifications preset) before you go live

Speed and efficiency in taking/completing guest orders. Realizing we could work with less people with such a competent system. We are able to track our money much more easily and find discrepancies easier as well.

Toast review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Toast has eliminated all of my apprehension about choosing the right POS system"

What do you like best?

The software is so intuitive I have trained employees in less than 2 hours who were able to handle the dinner rush with ease. Aside from its easily self navigated design, the back-end programming is just as straightforward and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Granted I am sure that all financial reporting could be deciphered eventually, if were as easy to navigate through the reporting and invoicing side as it is the front-end retail and menu programming sides, this system would be bulletproof!

Ability to identify user decisions when I'm not present, such as comping tabs or discounts, with given reasons. Easily identifying individual server tip earnings. Quick order input and processing has eliminated any wait whatsoever in the taproom.

Toast review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"TOAST has reduce our labor and increase our customer knowledge"

What do you like best?

I searched and tested POS systems for 2 1/2 years before deciding on Toast. We needed a system with kitchen video displays because I refused to revert to printed tickets. The system also needed to handle our Valutec gift cards which numbered in the 1000's . I discovered the Toast android based system with 10" screens, kitchen video, the ability to import all our gift card data and online ordering. This was our solution to replace our outdated XP based back office computer and registers. Our menu is complex and the toast menu system is VERY customizable. We needed to help with the menu programming to get it set up correctly and have an easier transition. The installation went as smoothly as could be expected and after a couple months we implemented online ordering. The next step will be to set up an in-store kiosk! We've been pleased with the reliability of the system and the ability to maintain orders when the internet is down.

Overall we are happy with the decision to purchase Toast and hope that the minor issues above can be resolved.

What do you dislike?

A couple disappointments have been the ability to get a real time labor report, online inventory and bogo discount setup. During an 11-3 lunch shift it's not possible to get an accurate labor report at 2pm for adjustments to be made. There is an option to take an item out of inventory on the tablets however, the item still shows up for online ordering. For example, we serve 3 soups each day and have 7 different soups each week. A person placing an online order can choose an out-of-inventory soup but then gets an order error. Out of inventory items show as grayed out or not appear at all for online orders. The last comment regards BOGO coupons. The $ discounted include any upgrades to the order rather than just the base items discount. For example, a person purchasing a sandwich and soup and a bogo sandwich will get a discount equal to the sandwich and soup not only the sandwich. We've been unable to use the BOGO discount at all because of this problem.

We've reduced the time our managers have to spend reconciling credit cards and gift cards.

Toast review by Chantal J.
Chantal J.

"Easy As Toast"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and make Toast work with how your restaurant works. Not only that but the 24/7 support is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

The rewards program and how its linked to a person's credit card. We have had a lot of complaints because if a guest uses a different card then they have to sign up again.

Its super nice to have the front end functions and back end functions link right away. With aloha there were 3 different programs we used to poll numbers, with toast we are able to poll and link to all back office applications.

Toast review by Administrator

"Toast is the best!"

What do you like best?

From its impressive functionality to its sleek visual appeal, Toast set itself far above the competition. Creating and editing menus has never before been so easy and the Customizable features they offer as far as they way your POS should work are second to none. Seriously, drop your old Micros or Aloha and buy this. Like for real, why haven't you bought this yet.

What do you dislike?

If you are used to another POS system this once can take a little getting used to but the learning curve is not steep at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time initially setting up every menu item exactly as you want it. Toast makes this process extremely easy and while it does take some time to set up initially, perfecting your menu will still take less time than on any other system and it will function almost exactly how you want it to.

We have streamlined our corporate reporting. Standardized POS set & pricing. Improved speed and efficiency with our staff.

Toast review by User

"Convenience at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

I love how this software gives you the ability to take orders in real time, without the need to run back to a stationary POS system. It's much easier to split checks, and I love how customers can pay at the table. Also really easy to update button and meal options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of it. I feel like there could be better coloring/button distinction to make it easier to navigate through the buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your employees and yourself happy and move to Toast.

Before it was inconvenient to take multiple orders, and then have to go back to a POS to type multiple orders in at once. This would also flood the kitchen with meal tickets. Now, with the portable POS, we can take and send orders at the table, in real time. This makes time management easier for servers, and also spaces out tickets in the kitchen, giving the kitchen a better flow.

Toast review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"Enjoy customization and hand held devices"

What do you like best?

We enjoy the customization available, the price for the units as well as the mobility and freedom offered by the hand held devices

What do you dislike?

From a BOH experience we can not clear tickets until they are run to tables, perhaps this is a feature we just need to expand on but currently it is very frustrating that if the line clears a ticket it looks like everything on the ticket has been run on the expo side.

Customers feel awkward if the servers are standing there waiting for the handheld back while completing the bill, however customers have set the devices down in liquids several times as they left.

Toast review by Bill H.
Bill H.

"Bill's review"

What do you like best?

easy to use

intuitive

great reports and reporting

What do you dislike?

can't enter extended total when entering invoices so you end up entering crazy numbers to make it correct

invoice list does not show totals for the invoices

when entering invoices, items should stay in the order they were entered. easier to find mistakes like that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomend

getting a better grip on food cost

seeing trends in sales better

Toast review by Xavier A.
Xavier A.

"Toast Review "

What do you like best?

What’s best for me is how easy navigation on the back end is. Very user friendly. I love the real time back end updates.

What do you dislike?

Hardware needs improvement. For us being primarily fast paced high volume its always presented issues. We do a lot of outdoor events so we need the hardware to be a little more whether proof.

We’ve improved our ability to handle our accounting offsite.

Toast review by William J.
William J.

"Small local business loves TOAST"

What do you like best?

We love our Toast POS system! We have been with Toast for a couple of months now and it is one of the best business decisions we have ever made! We used to have to pay 2 separate companies for POS and one for online ordering.. with Toast it's ALL IN ONE (and cheaper than both of the old companies). Toast also offers very thorough accounting and inventory software that makes it easy for us to see where o. ur money is coming and going! The software is very user-friendly. We are happy we joined and can't wait to see what this growing company has in store for the future!

What do you dislike?

Would like the option to have both digital and print receipts available after every transaction, I'm sure they will find a way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT NOW! You will not be disappointed.

We are finally getting to see where all our money goes. Expected deposit amounts. Also, helps being able to see comps and be able to locate checks from previous business days easily .

Toast review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Easiest POS System I've Ever Used"

What do you like best?

The service center is attentive & fast when there are issues. The buttons up front as well as the behind-the-scenes set up are completely user friendly. Everything is just so easy to figure out & set up. We can still run credit cards without internet if that goes down, which makes it very convenient during storms or wifi issues.

What do you dislike?

When wifi is down & CC are being processed in background, receipts will not print.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

It makes training easier & we make money because it prompts servers to fill out info for up-charges that they used to forget to ring in.

Toast review by Carly S.
Carly S.

"So many Technical difficulties so little Help"

What do you like best?

The options you have to expand each page is almost limitless.

What do you dislike?

The Customer Service. Takes hours, sometimes days for them to get back to you with technical difficulty questions. And when you finally do get ahold of them and gone through all the work you've tried to do to figure out the problem on your own, they ignore it. they never want to take the blame. I've gotten more attitude and less results from toast and its unproductive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

would refer them to Aloha before Toast

very miniscule and we have realized its time to switch.

Toast review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Customer experience has been the best!!"

What do you like best?

I've used this at restaurants so many times. It's similar to the Square for Retail but this is for restaurants. I've been a customer where I was able to pay, tip, and sign all while at my table. It's fast and efficient!

What do you dislike?

The one, and I mean ONLY one downfall to the handheld tablets at our tables is that there is hardly any interaction with the waiter. I like to connect with people and I can't connect with a computer.

The benefits I have noticed is that it is fast and efficient. Imagine you are running late from lunch and you don't have t wait in line to pay for you food, you can just slide you card, sign, and your out!

Toast review by User

"Best POS I've used"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ease of training staff. It is efficient in keeping records. Calculates my food cost. I like putting in my own recipe to follow it's cost. It's time clock is good for employees to clock in and out for the day

What do you dislike?

I wish it would let other credit card processing companies be able to use its platform. I wish it would allow me to scale the recipes in the inventory incase I need a bigger batch. I wish it had Apple Pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best restaurant pos I've tried. Love easy to train employees

We are tracking our inventory more efficiently. The p mix is an excellent source for seeing how much I've sold. Historic data is also good to see so I can compare last week to this week.

Toast review by IL Primo P.
IL Primo P.

"So Far So Good"

Toast review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Manager Review"

What do you like best?

It is extremely user friendly on both the FOH and BOH side. However I would reccomend the handhelds being switched to a diffferent device, something like a larger android tablet or a ipad.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could hold fire items and apply a set time to fire those items

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see a different tablet used and the hold fire function have the ability to assign a time to it

The accessibility to having our server stay on the floor and service our guests.

Toast review by Kurtis C.
Kurtis C.

"Great for breweries!"

What do you like best?

We love the easy to use interface and the reporting! We can drill down our financials from anywhere - or alter menus, change permissions, everything on either a desktop computer or our iPhones!

What do you dislike?

We don't really like how the menu structure is limited when you opt to use size based pricing. It kind of limits us as a brewery.

Toast makes it super easy for our staff to come on board quickly - it's pretty self explanatory which is great because it cuts down on training time.

Toast review by Administrator

"Good, comprehensive platform!"

What do you like best?

Toast covers all of the bases of what we need from a POS system. We especially love the new ToastGo tablets with EMV capability!

What do you dislike?

Customer service can be a bit slow to access, and long wait times are especially frustrating in a time-sensitive situation. Also crashes occasionally or is unable to stay online.

Online ordering is definitely one of my favorite features! I'm not a fan of third-party meal delivery services (Grubhub, Postmates, Caviar, etc.) so it is nice to still be able to reach that market.

Toast review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Works for most basic dvd authoring projects"

What do you like best?

Makes simple projects a breeze to get through using their templates and modifying them just a bit.

What do you dislike?

Trying to edit menus is impossible, so just more editing options would be nice for those projects that aren't basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a basic software to create dvds, this can do it...just dont' expect to have much finite control of text options and menus.

Exporting video to dvds

Toast review by Ashley  S.
Ashley S.

"Toast for small business"

What do you like best?

I love that toast is extremely easy to use and has many features for back of house such as inventory tracking features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connection is lost with our devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

investigate what features toast has to offer!

inventory tracking and management, better able to control costs and expenses, as well as employee pay

Toast review by User in Financial Services

"Streamlining Sales Reports"

What do you like best?

Toast has offered a streamlined POS to computer system, it allows ease of access between multiple restaurants with automatic reporting to email every morning. The accounting and deposit actions also save hours down the line while reconciling and producing COGS reports.

What do you dislike?

Toast can encounter server issues and sometimes will be down for hours at a time, it has become rare now but in the process of updating it can become unresponsive on the browser side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Toast is streamlined and allows you to shave hours off of labor due the ease of use and with the automatic sales summaries sent daily to company emails provided it eliminates much of the sales audit process.

We have eliminated the need to have many back end excel sheets and other tools to keep track of our data, Toast has everything in one. We have immediate access to sales and labor statistics in real time from remote places opposed to having to print reports directly from POS as with other software.

Toast review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Quick learner friendly."

What do you like best?

Toast is a wonderful pos system designed for this century. Aimed at not using a lot of space and providing a slim, slide n go sale while still maintaining the status quo for style.

What do you dislike?

The inability to bypass certain options without selecting a choice - the difficulty of printing sales reports with specific guidelines or demographics

I found that the ability to track productivity among orders as well as track and utilize the popular or trending menu items helps us as a company decide our orders and stock for future days.

Toast review by Mariela S.
Mariela S.

"Restaurant Review"

What do you like best?

Toast is super easy to use and tailor to the needs of your business. Staff quickly learned how to use it as well!

What do you dislike?

I think that there could be more report options. For example, I wasn't able to compare 2 months side by side.

Fee to intergrate Uber eats and Grubhub can be lowered. We're already paying their fees and using the integration eats any possible profit, especially if you're just starting.

managing inventory, staff time, and accepting credit cards

Toast review by Bryan H.
Bryan H.

"Exceeded expectations"

What do you like best?

Simple learning curve, excellent support and very intuitive

What do you dislike?

The monthly software fee seems high and having only toast processing card is a negative

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product all around. Some processes must be changed to fit the system.

Reporting is quick and useful

Toast review by Brertt W.
Brertt W.

"STREAMLINE "

What do you like best?

the toast go units and kitchen kds has streamlined our restaurant this is the complete package

What do you dislike?

card readers on handhelds and at cashier terminal need work

complete control and vision of what is happening in our restaurant at all times

Toast review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Most user friendly system available "

What do you like best?

It is easy to train employees on usage. Very simple to understand and to adapt to changing needs of our restaurant.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like yet

Its has streamlined our scheduling process and our inventory.

Learn more about Toast

Toast Videos

Learning about Toast?

* We monitor all Toast reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.