I am using this TOAD software from the year of 2008 and particularly toad data point for the US Healthcare Projects. Most of the features are very Good one and below are the highlighted one:
1. Cross-connected with Any databases like SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle and DB2 for Mainframe.
2. Export wizard functionality is easier in order to transport the data to .txt, csv, xml & other types quickly.
3. Easier to export the log values during the query exeecution in parallel. Particularly it will save the .txt format for all values generated during query running which is helpful for the developer. This functionality is called "Execution Trace"
4. Ability to open multiple cross databases and saved in the connection editor. This will be helpful for the developer during analytics execution.
5. Ability to save FTP connection for exporting the file directly from FTP or other protocol for transferring data files.
6. Toad can be configured according to the developer need for cross databases.
7. Show estimate plan is another option for showing the query execution plan in details which can be exported quickly for analyzing the tables.
8. Ease of usability.
1. Some of the functions are not recognized in TOAD. Best examples are (NOLOCK) function. Due to this, we need to edit SQL queries manually before executions.
2. Since TOAD is used for cross-linked databases, we will not able to see partition function execution and presence of data.
3. Reporting will not be exact since this is not owned by database production. An example is SSRS reports run by Microsoft.
4. TOAD will not be used by DBA's and this is only an analytical tool for data's to research with.
5. One or another this is not a free tool and need to procure the licenses. So company's are forcing free tool like SQL developer for any items on analytics :).
We have used TOAD for data analytics in Subrogation/Recovery sector of Healthcare. This TOAD product is used to research the subrogation claim Information to analyze the data and dealing with new subrogation opportunities.For example to create a new rule for some of the states to improve subrogation opportunities and which in turns increase the recovery dollar amount. As well this tool is used by all Business team members (IT Quality Analyst and Fin Ops Analyst for their testing) and it is very easy to use for them to export/import data information on the same.