TMetric Reviews & Product Details

Copywriter
What do you like best?

I've used many time-tracking apps before, but ever since starting at my new company, I've fallen in love with TMetric. It integrates with every tool I use -- Google Docs, Gitlab, Trello. It's unobtrusive and in combination with something like the Pomodoro tracker, it can boost productivity and help you focus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's frustrating to add new time entries. I suppose this could be solved with optimized UX (tooltips?) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TMetric is extremely easy to use. You can switch tasks in Trello, Google Docs, or any number of integrations supported by TMetric by simply pressing Start Timer from the task or menu (in G Docs). Plus, It's available for all major browsers and OSs (Linux included). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've noticed better time management. Can clearly see what you spend time on, how you can be more effective, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Yuriy, thank you for the feedback! If you have suggestions or comments about features, please contact support and we will consider them.

TMetric Overview

What is TMetric?

TMetric is a new free time-tracking app with a user-friendly and simple interface specially designed for freelancers and small teams. With TMetric you can: set budgets for your projects, set rates on any task, client, project or team member, invoice your clients, see your workday on a timeline, get detailed time and money reports, generate screenshots. TMetric integrates with almost anything including Asana, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Freshdesk, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Redmine, Trello, Visual Studio Online, Wrike, Todoist, Zendesk

TMetric Details

TMetric provides time tracking, work session monitoring, reporting tools, integrations and much more features, which help organizations and individuals to effectively manage work time and increase their productivity.

TMetric is totally free with no restrictions in functionality. It is very simple and user-friendly so you don't need to learn how to use it.
It is perfect for freelancers who doesn't need a paid solution with a complex interface.

Devart
1997
Prague, Czech Republic
@DevartSoftware
Description

Devart has more than 40 000 devoted customers. They supply their products to the companies known worldwide as well as to private individuals, government and educational institutions. The cornerstones of our work philosophy are improvement, high-quality user support, and flexible development.

TMetric Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TMetric community
Have you used TMetric before?

TMetric Reviews

Showing 92 TMetric reviews
Already have TMetric?
What do you like best?

The icon on all my pages and emails asking if I want to track my time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not having it on my phone makes it hard to track time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The easiest and most efficient way to keep track of time. It takes screenshots of what you are working on, the time symbol is on every email and webpage, and it will come on and ask if you are still working on this job so you can adjust if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am salaried and don't physically clock-in. My job consists of lots of tasks that serve multiple clients at once. The screenshots help me with knowing what project(s) I am working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Engineer
What do you like best?

No software to install. Easy UI - one button to click and that's it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The free version gives me everything I need, which is simply making sure that I'm working the expected number of hours each week. I believe I had the "full featured" version initially, which showed how many hours left to work right on the main time card screen. That was awesome! The free version you have to run a report, but I'm glad I can still access the information that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking my hours for the week when my hours differ each day with unexpected breaks of time in between. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front End Freelancer Developer
What do you like best?

The features that make time management easy on a busy day. For instance when you forgot to register the break you took, there's a Add a Break button. When you forget to change the tracking because you ran from one meeting to the other, you can just add the new tracking retroactively to the moment it started and all entries that would overlap adjust accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have some additional classification methods and reports. I'm a Product Manager and I lead some people. A part of my time is dedicated to people and to develop myself. I find it very hard to use the project classification for these entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives me a good idea of how I spent my time, I can identify if I'm dedicating too much time to things I should delegate or automate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Executive Account Manager
What do you like best?

I needed an application that provides a complete picture in an instant - which clients and projects are profitable for our business, and which take too much unpaid time, or pay not at the time. TMetric is really helping me with this task. Also, accurate time tracking helps us to stay within the specified time. It has good usability, helps correctly distribute workloads, and provide payrolling. Separately, I would like to point out PTO module - my team is not big, but still, it was inconvenient to manage all these vacations, sick leaves...now I do this in one click Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I lack the function scheduling or integration with Google calendar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

nice tool for its price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keep projects under deadlines, billing and invoicing clients, team management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

Simplicity in use, clear UI, worthy features and work speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has downtimes but after a several of minutes everything is OK. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been working as a freelance designer for a very long time. So, my customers often want to see my productivity level during the day, that's why I've decided to start using such app. TMetric helps me not to worry about the fact that I did not have time to prepare reports as it easily provides me with them. I can show reports to my customers. It helps to make payment process seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

As a CEO of the small company, I like that with TMetric I can monitor work performance of every team member. Tmetric allows to track assigned tasks and calculate employees’ salary. Comparing with competitors TMetric is more cost effective but functionality is the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its` work is not stable (especially destktop). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With implementation of TMetric, we solved our work time distribution issue. Now all team members can track their work activity and follow our working process guidelines right way without problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease and simplicity. Change tasks without any flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I am satisfied, I have no objection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real-time control of tasks and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I need to leave my working place very often (e.g. to reach other offices or attend meetings), but as TMetric is available on iOS too, I can easily move and don't worry about hours that can be lost. It keeps tracking my working time while I'm out of the office.

Also, I think it has a pretty simple user interface, so I don't have problems with usage. And TMetric desktop app easily syncs with mobile apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to add offline tracking to the mobile version too. But in general I'm completely satisfied with the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a single marketer and take orders from other companies. So, my customers are aware of my work as I implemented TMetric into the working process. Their trust for me is higher now and I get many new projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Engineer
What do you like best?

TMetric is a great management time tracking tool. I have used the tool for keeping tracks of the tasks that I perform for a particular project. The tool enables you to track how much time you have spent on doing one particular task.

It helps in billing for clients and proves very effective for freelancing clients.It helps in managing multiple projects as you can see how much time you have been spending on which task. The support for multiple Operating System have proved to be a game changer. You can use the tool on any platform like Windows, MacOS, iPhone, Android) of your choice. The small size and easy of usage makes the tool a perfect choice over the other software tools. You can easily install the tool as it doesn't takes up very much space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface of the tool can be improved and can be made more pleasing to the eye. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool is a great buy for the money and can be tried for free as well. Best for small businesses and individuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I generally use it for tracking the time I spend on particular tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thank you for the detailed review. Your opinion is important for us.

Solutions Architect
What do you like best?

I have tried dozens of t management sw. What I love about TMetric is that when you go back to your computer, it asks you automatically if you want to enter a break, continue recording time on last task.

In this fashion, your *entire* day is accounted for.

I also like the minimal interaction needed, good UX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, rather a feature request. I wish I could have access to all the web site functionality in thick client. In terms of priority, its ok to keep reports on the web, but functions such as creating a new project should be available on thick client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Effortless time audit and recording time spent on different charge codes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks a lot for your review, Roy. Your opinion is very important to us. If you have any other proposals, please write to our support team: support@tmetric.com.

Email Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I love its integration with ASANA and how it is always ready to use on my web browser. I don't need to open the app in a different window or browser to run it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it could identify when I have worked on the same project each day and add the time spent on that project. Instead it gives me individual times as I've spent per hour. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track our time and bill our clients accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks for your review! If you have suggestions about the product, please contact our support.

Digital Health & Life Sciences Strategist
What do you like best?

Integration with Google calendar and gmail, also web and desktop version of app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Desktop ui does not give me report capability, or at least I have not found Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Export reports to Excel or any spreadsheet type of software, csv or other Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking billable hours for consulting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising Media Planner
What do you like best?

Great way to track time and billing on clients and projects; the timer feature is the best way to track time, especially if you are constantly jumping between projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The comment field auto-populates, so I have to be careful to check it to make sure I'm making an accurate record of the task Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product. Works especially well if you bounce from project to project during the day. No more trying to remember what you worked on...you can use the timers to start/stop project work on a click. You can document your comments, so at the end of the month when you compile billing, there is a log of what you worked on. Whenever my clients ask for a report, within minutes, I can pull a project summary with my time entries and comments. This product is EXACTLY what I was looking for when I was looking for a tme tracking and billing application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not losing time. The timers allow me to click a project on and off as I work on it, so I'm not trying to guess at the end of the day what I worked on. Even if I touch a project for only a few minutes, I'm not forgetting about it at the end of the day. It's making my end of month billing SO much easier. The reporting feature is quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks for your review, Ron. We appreciate your point of view.

UN
What do you like best?

I like how I can keep track of my hours to see how many hours I worked in a week. I also like the breakdown of how I’m spending my work time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a requirement at my job, so it can feel like micromanaging at times. It’s hard to always update, especially when I’m on the go, and the mobile app isn’t as user friendly as on the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don’t think it has really impacted my work. It’s an additional protocol I must follow, but t do appreciate how it helps me keep track of my hours. Most recently, it stopped being a requirement, so I haven’t used it, but I now don’t know how many hours a week I’m working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thank you for the review. Your point of view is important for us. We will improve our application.

What do you like best?

I like that it automatically stops the current task when I start a new task. This prevents double counting time. It also adjusts other tasks to prevent overlaps if you adjust a task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a multi-line notes field. I have to write a bulleted list of notes each day. The way it is, I can write notes for each task and have a separate entry for each task (a lot of overhead if it’s a busy day), and then export the whole day to excel to format as I need it. Or, I just write my notes in another app, like OneNote. I wish I could use 1 tool for all of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to track time I spend on multiple projects. TMetric has proven to be the best option for this (I’ve tried a lot). I needed simple, because I don’t have a lot of time to fuss with my timesheet during the day, and this meets that need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer / Consultant
What do you like best?

I can use a variety of clients, projects, and tasks, show wihch are billable and wihich are not, add/modify custom time entiries, and produce a wide array of reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I add a new time entry, it is added to the bottom of the page; if I already have several entries for that day, I have to scroll down to find the new entry to make changes to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it daily for everything to find out where the productivity holes are in how you spend your time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can now kepp track of every little thing I do throughout the day very quickly and simply which is giving greater visibility on how many interruptions I encounter. I can easily start/stop timing tasks and at the end get a quick report to see how much time was spent on each. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thank you for the reply, David. We appreciate your point of view.

What do you like best?

Its extremely simple and quick to use, and very much "out of your way" so you never have to think about it unless you are doing something weird (like walking away from your computer for days without stopping the time) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The upgrade procedure is a bit wonky at times causing the desktop client to get hopelessly out of sync, but closing it and starting it anew normally works (note this is only when DevArt rolls out new versions mind you). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on your integration needs, this is by far the least "intrussive" time tracker I have come across, which is a very important thing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer spend lots of extra time on timekeeping and I can actually spend my time developing software while still keeping management happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks, your review is important for us. We've improved upgrade procedure and now it works properly.

Portfolio Analyst
What do you like best?

I really like that you can use this tool in any operating system (windows, macOS, iPhones, Android), it fits very well to our workflow, although many things are automated you have the option to apply any change that is needed with much ease and apply that change immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about this tool is that it does not allow you to create a new project from the extension, it forces you to use an external link and do it from your website. leaving that aside this software has all the time needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for time management, the reports can be configured according to the needs, besides that they can be exported. In addition to this you can review the information from any device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We increase productivity throughout the day because we have been able to optimize the workflow. we can give a detailed report to our clients of all the time used in your project this allows us to make a fair turnover, something that our customers appreciate a lot and are very happy with our service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks for the feedback. We will take your suggestion into account.

Site Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with your web browser, and you can easily start/stop/switch tasks. The reporting is also really useful to crunch % of time spent on various tasks, trends, etc. It's pretty customizable in terms of the projects/tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We were hit by outages a few times which was annoying. It would be nice if multiple team members could track time simultaneously on the same task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It's a great, simple to use tool that requires minimal training and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using it to track a scanning process, which allows us to understand how many seconds/page the process takes from end-to-end. This translates into great stats we can share with clients, and is a useful indicator when something isn't working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks for the review and your suggestion. We will take it into account.

CEO
What do you like best?

TMetric is easy to use and available via web and phone app. It makes it easy to set up clients and/or projects, add resources and track and bill time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

App development tends to lag web development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a low cost and reliable time tracking toll, this is a great choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are now able to track all time across all resources and projects and keep track of billing rates. We can invoice on a fixed price or time and materials basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Charlene
What do you like best?

TMetric provides the ability to quantify the productivity of my department. Dozens of individual clients and their projects can be simultaneously tracked which in turn assured the timeframe and budget stay on track. Sorting by employees provides direct feedback on workloads and efficiency. The reporting feature allows me to integrate data seamlessly into the company’s workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Any past inconveniences have been heard and solved by TMetric. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform was a game changer for my company. I’d recommend trying it out and exploring the tracking and reporting options in full. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The charts and graphs display data in a way that other departments in the company can clearly understand. We were able to identify and solve understaffed projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Manufacturer's Representative
What do you like best?

I recently transitioned from full-time employee to ‘consultant’. Needed an app to track projects, tasks and generate billing based on our agreement. TMetric handles this elegantly and I can access from my iPhone, iPad or PC- awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Working well so far. Will update if I find an issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just took a little getting used to. More online training could help with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your opinion a lot.

UN
What do you like best?

The desktop and web integration of TMetric means is very straightforward - really good UI. Desktop tracking enables to review work and allocate time accordingly if you forgot to track time. The reporting is very well done - nice looking reports that can compile various metric easily. Good for timesheets as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some functionality to be added - for instance when you go track new time, and need to create a new project, you cannot do both in a single action. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to appropriately allocate time to projects and cost out work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jordan Sanders of TMetric

Thanks, we really appreciate your point of view. We'll take it into account.

Desarrollador de WordPress
Internet
What do you like best?

The speed and integration with Todoist. I like the flexibility of the reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot know get reports about projects in the intermediate levels of my Todoist tree. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check my comparison (in spanish): https://eliasgomez.pro/articulos/comparativa-timecamp-tmetric-control-tiempo-todoist/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can decide which projects are more profitable and of course I can bill my clients based on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.