TimeCamp Reviews & Product Details

Founder & CEO
Executive Office

"TimeCamp for virtual assistants"

What do you like best?

The biggest plus for us is that TimeCamp allows for multiple projects and a variety of reporting options. Having the ability to provide detailed and budget reports to our clients is a must and after reviewing three or four other time-tracking software programs, TimeCamp was the only one that handled reports the way we wanted.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to complain about – TimeCamp has been great for our team of virtual assistants. Forced to put something here, I would say that the fact that I can't log in from my phone is the only negative thing. I created my account with my Google account, so I don't have an email and password specifically for TimeCamp. The mobile app doesn't have an option to log in with Google so I can't access my account through the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are managing a high number of projects and users, TimeCamp is the best I've found for keeping up with everything and staying informed as the owner/admin. It's also easy to add new users and projects. My favorite feature is the budget exceeded or almost exceeded notifications. No other time tracking software I've reviewed has provided this in the same way.

We are keeping track of over 50 projects currently and easily able to keep up with the budgets and reports. The budgeted time exceeded emails are huge and have helped us get ahead of our billing. Another thing that has helped us take our commitment to our clients up a notch is the online reports that use links that update in real-time when more time is logged.

Response from Aleksandra Rybacka of TimeCamp

Dear Amber,

Thank you so much for writing an extensive and kind review of TimeCamp! We appreciate all your thoughts.

About the problems with logging to the mobile app - we're going to release the new, redesigned app soon with this issue solved.

Warmest regards!

What is TimeCamp?

TimeCamp is time tracking software designed for monitoring and optimizing the efficiency of one’s work. This tool measures the time spent on computer activities. Then it categorizes these activities into productive ones and those not related to the tasks that the user should be focusing on. It can be used both in the case of stationary work in the company and by the remotely working employees.

TimeCamp Screenshots

1-25 of 128 total TimeCamp reviews

TimeCamp Reviews

1-25 of 128 total TimeCamp reviews
Owner

"Offers great transparency and accountability"

What do you like best?

I love that everything I do per customer is recorded down to the second. This offers my clients transparency I wasn't able to offer before. My invoices make a lot more sense based on the actual work I've done for them. I'm moving over from the Free Account as there's so much more I can get from this product!

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes at all. Being that I am still new to TimeCamp, I haven't fully explored the paid functions yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One click to record your time and one click to pause... it's really that simple. You can have as many projects and tasks running at a time and switch between them with a mouse click. The small widget is always on your desktop to ensure ease of use. It really is the easiest way i've found of tracking my time for my clients.

My invoices make a lot more sense based on the actual work I've done for my Clients.

Marketing Specialist

"TimeCamp allows you to connect multiple addresses to the same account "

What do you like best?

The system of creating online stores we like because it takes very little time to customize them, thanks to the extensive number of templates offered by the platform. We like to be able to efficiently manage the expenses we make with its tracking function. Thanks to this we can take better control of our accounting. TimeCamp also has the ability to allow us to create financial reports, and send them for later approval.

What do you dislike?

Among the few things that did not convince us about TimeCamp is the mobile task tool, with which you can not correctly manage the objectives, priorities and evaluation of these. In addition, this system slows down the work a bit by limiting the amount of tasks that we can assign to group members. It is a bit complicated to print sliding pages and Gantt charts within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TimeCamp brings many advantages to any department. It is highly recommended to exercise a better automation of the work goals, because in this way a better control of the projects is achieved. It is also recommended to unify group communication through its discussion boards.

With TimeCamp, an up-to-date view of business planning is easily achieved. This tool incorporated in this CRM helps us a lot to review in real time the information of the progress of each employee, and allows to schedule and reschedule each appointment in a short period of time. With the resource reservation system it is easier to respect the resources (and working time) of other workers.

Freelance Writer

"Excllent time tracker "

What do you like best?

It is so easy to work with TimeCamp. I just select the task and then hit the timer. Now, I do not have to count the minutes for the task as in nutshell it automatically calculates and showcases the total worked hour. I can even add manual time in it. I highly recommend it to others who are looking for free or very inexpensive time tracker tool.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that there is anything which I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease to work with and it's totally free for one user. It automatically calculates all the minutes and in nutshell shows complete hours you have spent in the day. It also sends report of previous day on the email. Also, you can add manual time in it. It is pretty easy to use and you can even invite multiple people to work on the project and can even assign the roles to each one. It also shows the total hours spent by each user in the month, which I think is great feature for the team manager. It is undoubtedly a great site which also works as an excellent project management tool. I seriously recommend it to everyone who is looking for the best site for tracking the time.

I am a Freelancer and use TimeCamp to keep the track of the hours for an hourly project. I can hit the start and stop timer anytime. I can even add time manually.

Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"TimeCamp for Freelancer"

What do you like best?

I like the Google extension and integration with Trello; the price; and the customer service has been excellent. I spent a good amount of time chatting with a CSR regarding Invoices. Although I'm not able to do what I want with invoices, I still use TimeCamp for all of its other benefits.

What do you dislike?

The invoice. I'm a contracted freelance designer that works with several different clients but I bill to an umbrella company. In my invoice, I'd like to be able to list each client as the Project/Type with billable tasks listed under each client. But because I use Trello, TimeCamp sees Trello as my only Project with my clients as Tasks. If I set up my clients as Projects in TimeCamp, I can't use Trello. From Reports, I can export an Excel file that does what I'm wanting to be able to do with an Invoice, so I use that instead and create my own invoice.

While I don't use all the benefits of TimeCamp (i.e., monitoring all of my computer time going down internet rabbit holes), I still find TimeCamp to be incredibly beneficial. I'm a designer so I need to know on what step of a design I need to learn to be faster or to charge a client more because that step is actually more time consuming than originally thought.

Director, IT

"You cannot improve what you dont measure"

What do you like best?

And this is one of the best tools in the marketplace for measuring activities and productivity. This is a must have software, for every contributor, not just for managers. It does a great job categorizing websites out of the gate. Clearly they are not aware of intranet/custom sites, so you will have to customize that but it is very easy to do so. Incredible tool. I have personally benefited from using it to review my own time.

What do you dislike?

Not much at this time. You need to remember to turn on/off privacy mode... would be nice to have that built in for certain sites (Amazon/FB) but... overall that's not too much of a hassle. Sometimes the app crashes and re-starts additional instances.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the simplicity... dont spend too much time on trying to explore and exploit everything it does. start small, then expand only as needed. let the business drive the software

Productivity measurement - hours worked, on what app. It puts a number on how much time has been spent doing what. For me, it made me realize communication via email was over 80% of my PC use... couldnt put a number on that before timecamp

"Absolutely Ideal for a Small Office with Billable Hours"

What do you like best?

The primary reason I chose TimeCamp was the direct timekeeping-to-invoicing function, which has been a tremendous timesaver. I love the way it shows me what I'm spending my time on even when I'm not logging billable hours, and when I (so briefly!) had an employee, I was able to generate invoices that did or did not differentiate to the client whether their work was done by me or my employee, which was an important feature for me. Sometimes I wanted them to know, sometimes I didn't.

What do you dislike?

I had difficulties adding a seat for my employee, but the customer service to help me solve that has been outstanding!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have billable hours for multiple clients at multiple rates, and want your daily timekeeping to seamlessly be turned into email-able invoices, look no further, this is the one!

To be able to punch the timekeeping button, after entering a brief description of what I'm doing for the client that I have chosen, and have that turned into an invoice that I can email to the client, is indispensable. Being able to set different billing rates for different clients lets me use the program in a way that reflects my actual business practice. I have tried several timekeeping programs, and have found that the functionality of TimeCamp has the others beat by an order of magnitude. I also especially like the revenue report, which is really motivating!

"The only time management solution I WANT to use"

What do you like best?

After using multiple different time management solutions throughout my career, TimeCamp is by far the most practical, user friendly and accurate solution I have ever used. In the past the time keeping logs were done on the 31st of each month with 'I think this is acceptable' values. TimeCamp remove that administration headache and each day with a 'click click click' its done. Perfect!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the only thing which disappointed me with TimeCamp is when I try to modify my times through the mobile. For some reason I can't zoom in when editing the precise minute I started and ended a task.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its simple - use the trial, you'll love it, buy it, implement it! You definitely won't regret it!

There was two reasons I've chosen to use TimeCamp. 1. It allows me to monitor the hours I spend in the office each day, (practical) and it is a fantastic tool for helping to indicate my commitment to the company and tasks I am performing. (this is helpful at annual review time).

2. There was a serious problem with billing clients for additional work. After releasing one of our solutions to a client and some additional customisation is required, this additional work was roughly estimated and billed. Now we can identify exactly how long these tasks take and accurately bill the client for the extra work.

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Makes the worst part of my job easy!"

What do you like best?

I love that Timecamp is it built into my menu bar on my computer. I also love how easy it is to keep track of how much time I've spent on a job as well as how much time I have remaining.

What do you dislike?

I wish i could customize the reports more and brand them so I can submit them to clients with invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timecamp is my favorite time tracking website/app I have come across. The way it is easily used for small simple jobs as well as large complex job is my favorite aspect.

It helps me budget my time better and keep track of it. My clients are always impressed when I submit a details time log with an invoice. It has really helped me build even stronger trust with my clients.

Executive Producer & C# Programmer
Computer Games

"The easiest, fastest and most professional time tracker and glossary maker tool ever used "

What do you like best?

Easy access and start time tracking fast as possible,

The direct support assistance even for free users,

Discount for students,

Free integration with trello

Business only needed features it's the only thing that you need to pay for.

Best report format and features i have ever seen

What do you dislike?

Everything i great except for the desktop app that its a little bit un-updated for 2018 BUT they say they are working in a new one.

If i had to say anything else i would say that a better guidance through the whole ecosystem that they have wouldn't hurt any new user also more use of the youtube channel for advanced tutorials or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Activate the email daily and week report are very usefull, when they release the desktop app prove keeping track of what you do when u are in the computer its an interesting way of seeing your life

I need to report my working/studying hours to my university so im using this to keep track of everything i do

Digital Marketing Executive
Construction

"I finally found an app that works!"

What do you like best?

I love weekly and monthly time reports. Amazing visualisation on a mobile device. Very handy and easy to observe the data and make useful conclusions.

What do you dislike?

There were a few times when I lost the data while using the mobile device. Perhaps that was a broadband issue, but it would be good if that data would be stored within the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great time tracking application. I can't say if it works for invoicing purposes but if you got fed up with Pomodoro applications, this one will be a sophisticated relief.

Initially, I was trying to figure out the amount of time I'm working on unrelated tasks. I work in the marketing department and I get many unrelated tasks to compensate for my other peoples digital literacy skills. I wanted to have a proof that my time is being significantly impacted by this.

(10,001+ employees)

"Fantastic time tracking"

What do you like best?

The application records open applications and time spent in said applications. This allows me to look back and edit my tracker for periods where I forgot to start the timer.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

When creating a report by days, the notes I recorded in each project does not appear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great software to use even if your company uses a cookie cutter time card tracker or big name time sheet system. It has saved a lot of time not having to dig back through emails or manually track my time.

Time cards for work / project task activity tracking.

Managing Consultant
(Myself Only)

"TimeCamp has seriously made my time recording so much easier"

What do you like best?

Makes time recording easy and quick and I find the ability to print individual client reports extremely useful as it makes billing so much easier.

What do you dislike?

sometimes its difficult to find "tasks" as the programme can stick sometimes. Not sure if that's something to do with my system, but I don't experience it on anything else. It's seriously not that much of a bother for a single user though as the benefits of using time recording on TimeCamp far outweight waiting for a few seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a single user Time Camp is excellent as it is free and so reduces the burden of costs. However, if employed other persons I would definitely upgrade to TimeCamp paid services because it is such a useful tool.

Quicker time recording; easy ability to print out individual reports for my clients which makes billing so much quicker and easier. I can also use the Report as a Time Billing Ledger for my clients rather than having to type it all out again. Cut my admin down by at least half already.

Consumer Goods

"Best one for companies."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and integrates very well with insight. Futures and tools are very responsive for all of your works. to set projects in schedule and good for cost estimation. best for individuals using and great way to deal with deadlines. I am using my time more wisely !

What do you dislike?

I think its quality is a bit low and price is high quite should be decreased. also mobile version is not useful as much as website version and sometimes on website version I have connection problem not becasue of my internet but because of Timecamp it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend to all companies and for those people being manager,workers even for teachers.

you will be on time person and creative person with Timecamp.

We are using time camp with my team mates and we are preparing a lot of organizations. thanks to report functions we can inform each other on time and see what is the deadlines by this way we can be fast and useful for company futures. reporting is highly configurable.

Response from Aleksandra Rybacka of TimeCamp

Hello Allison,

Thank you for all the kind words about our tool and high rating! Your suggestions are priceless, especially about losing connection when using a mobile app. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible!

Warmest regards,

Ola at TimeCamp

"This isn't just for freelancers. It makes my cubicle peon job so much easier"

What do you like best?

My supervisor wants me to track my time, but our small office really didn't want to invest a lot of money in something that would do it across the business. My first attempts were in Excel, but that took up so much memory, and drifted to the background as I worked on different projects. I would forget to time track. I love the way TimeCamp's icon just sits there on my desktop. The app on my phone is useful for working on projects remotely.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a primer on how to think about the software. When I first downloaded it, I didn't really conceptualize how to organize my time. I started task based instead of client based (something that wouldn't have confused a freelancer). It got confusing, and I got frustrated and stopped using it. About a month ago I spent some time thinking about how it would work, and I blew away all my data and reorganized. Since then, it's been a breeze, and my supervisor can really see where I'm spending my time.

Also, it links with our FreshDesk ticketing system, but not in a way that's useful. I organize my time by Client > Tickets > Ticket#. TimeCamp wants to use the ticket name. That doesn't help me, because since our clients enter the ticket names themselves, about 70% of them are "New Entry: Open a Support Ticket."

My supervisor stopped having disapproving talks to me about why my timesheets were vague and only partially completed.

Senior Developer
Internet

"Incredibly Detailed, Yet Simple"

What do you like best?

The desktop app makes it incredibly easy to start and stop the tracking of different projects in one or two clicks. The data gathered into reports from tracked time are valuable for me to hold myself acountable for giving distraction-free hours to my projects. Each time-slot has a small notes section that I use to jot down a high-level overview of what I did during that session — very valuable when generating client reports and invoices in terms of keeping the flow of what actually “got done” succinct.

What do you dislike?

I’d like there to be a way to add notes via the desktop application either during or after logging a session.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend 30-60 minutes and play around with it, reading through some of the FAQs and intro docs, and installing the desktop app.

After that, it’s almost 100% automated and can be organized to your liking as you’ve come to expect from any folder/directory-structure style application.

It’s the time-tracking solution for billable and non-billable hours for each of my projects.

Response from Aleksandra Rybacka of TimeCamp

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for leaving a five-star review here, we were so happy reading it!

About the "what do you dislike" section - soon we're going to release an entirely new desktop app that works like a web app, so there will be a place to leave the notes directly from desktop app :).

Warmest regards,

Director Operaciones. Consultor Marketing Online SEO SEM Adwords Bing Analytics

"Great tool to measure the time dedicated to tasks and projects"

What do you like best?

Timecamp is a precise and simple time tracking software made by Time Solutions.

The main functionalities are:

Budget analysis: Compare estimated budgets with the time actually spent.

Graphical time sheet: Drawing of the duration of the tasks performed in the calendar.

Manual Timer: Helps you keep track of time on the go during the day

Productivity: Measure the productivity of your team in the use of the computer.

Automatic time tracking: Track your time without the need for many manual interventions.

Time entry notes: It is a Timecamp functionality that allows us to provide more information about the work done on the project. And it helps to improve the organization in the workspace.

Other functionalities: reports, integrations, user and group management, etc.

And it is translated to Spanish.

What do you dislike?

I really can not say anything negative about this tool. The only bad thing was that it was not available in Spanish, but it is something that has already been solved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Free for one people forever.

Timecamp allows us to know the time imputed to each project and to be able to allocate time to each task in a precise way

Marketing Manager
Computer Networking

"Easy to manage, very good to Timer and TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to manage TimeCamp, due to its very good structure, the functions are very well explained in the instructions and this complements more the taking of time, it is also admirable to be able to take multiple times at once, since you can be doing two things at once and take the real time of how long we take.

What do you dislike?

The mobile device version of TimeCamp is very bad, it has many delayed versions compared to the web version, I would like you to focus more on perfecting the App for mobile devices, so that in this way you can take additional times wherever you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend it for all companies at all, because it is very easy to use and you can take the time with just one click.

I use TimeCamp to keep the exact time of daily work of each employee in my company, in this way to be able to keep a history of work time saved in TimeCamp, have an excellent organization and consult it whenever you want.

Civic & Social Organization

"Best thing is compact software - TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is a compact software, and the best thing about it is the ease with which you can control several timestations easily and with a surprising concentration, thanks to its design, the concentration in TimeCamp is a very important factor.

What do you dislike?

The problem with TimeCamp is the saving of the timestamps, as we already know, TimeCamp has a directory or history of timestamps, where we can save each of them for future revisions, but many times due to software error, the time taken is saved successfully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to companies that need to have a fair platform that will help them to save inconveniences with their employees with working hours, with TimeCamp they will achieve results immediately.

With TimeCamp I have managed to obtain a fairly accurate time and I have saved many inconveniences with employees of my company, since I pay them just what they work with, it is fantastic TimeCamp.

Printing

"Provided incredible comfort, and nice platform TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

The design that has TimeCamp is very exclusive and has provided incredible comfort, previously had an ugly design and did not provide as much comfort as it does now, because they changed the design, now I have managed to concentrate better on the time and in the results of it.

What do you dislike?

TimeCamp uses Gravatar to verify that it is a real person, but I see this verification process a bit annoying since Gravatar often does not allow a registration, and it becomes impossible to upload a profile picture for the TimeCamp account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to the companies that have not managed to take the time of work of the employees, since with this software it is very easy to do this task.

With TimeCamp I have managed to control in real time the time of work of each employee in my company, and in every moment that they perform a work task, I can also take the time, it is fantastic to know exactly how long it took the person to complete the work.

Real Estate

"Basic design where only green color, best design TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp in spite of having a very basic design where only the green color is used, the stay in this software is very comfortable, because its functions are so adapted and are so necessary when it comes to taking the time of work, which makes the more fun, comfortable and pleasant stay, each TimeCamp function is imdispensable and you can make good use of it in the time.

What do you dislike?

The prices of TimeCamp are very high, I have been inquiring into each of the plans offered by this software and I think that even the basic plan has a very high price, I would like TimeCamp to offer prices more adapted to reality so that it is achieved have accessibility to the highest plans and that have more benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to companies that want to start taking employee work time, as they will have a good start with TimeCamp, which is easy to use and easy to adapt software.

With TimeCamp I have managed to obtain a good time and insurmountable statistics, since those statistics are the results of each time, and are explained very well, with percentages and many other factors that facilitates the percentage understanding of the time, I have I was able to control all the staff of my company with TimeCamp easily and safely.

Real Estate

"Creative and create timer online to work Timecamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is an excellent manager to create a timer online, provides many factors and features for time control, in this way to work responsibly with the hours agreed and everything to suit you, and an person real time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the prices that TimeCamp has, I think that the prices of a software that is only dedicated to the taking of time, and that even then it is an essential software in any company, the prices should not be so expensive, in order to contribute the ease and accessibility to each of the plans they offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp for any company, since it is a very necessary software and it complies with all the characteristics to be adapted easily and without complications.

TimeCamp has helped us to control every work time and every working time of each employee in my company, in this way to take the exact control to provide a fair and appropriate pay.

Consumer Goods

"Great and Excellent time tracking services !"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I have tried others, but this one is my favorite one. Even for free version you can have all the futures what you need. it is also great to switch between automatic and manual time tracking. I can say simple piece of software but this is one thing that focuses on doing one thing well. Easy way to coordinate your team and tasks.

What do you dislike?

it would really great to have some kind of customer portal where clients can log in and see invoices and time entries. I can also say mobile version is not like web version, web version is better than mobile version till what I see.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it for everybody who want to control his/her time and tasks very effective and efficient. Timecamp is the easy way and best way for you to organize something new about your life and work !

I am always doing good reporting on task timings. Very easy to set project in schedule and perfect for cost estimation. Every single person being around me is using Timecamp and it is really suit for all types of organization and best for individual using.

Chief Executive Officer

"It's good when it works"

What do you like best?

We liked the integration to Asana and the simplicity of use in logging time and/or starting time on projects and tasks. But then it inexplicably broke and customer service first blamed us for having too many users (1000) when we have 34. Then they simply disappeared. Eventually we figured out our own fix and the integration is now working again.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, based on our experience, has not been responsive enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While this is a crowded space, TimeCamp is clearly doing this right. It worked for us because it was easy to get started allowing us to develop a discipline and then build on that for more advanced use over time.

Accountability to clients, team, and revenue. We are much clearer now with accounting for where we invest our time.

"Efficiency at It's Best"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about this software is the ability to create and analyze weekly reports of my activities. It helps me stay on task and also helps as I work with my colleagues on different projects. The reports can be pretty specific, which is super helpful. They offer subcategories to delve even deeper into the details of a specific project/task.

What do you dislike?

Functionally, I have not come across anything that didn't work well. Visually, however, the software isn't really appealing. There's nothing wrong with it, but I would encourage the developers to try adding some flare to it and to make it a more vibrant experience for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have found this software to be a great help to me. I've been using it for a while now and I think it's the best program to manage/track my time each day. I'm still learning to use it to it's full potential, but I can't think of any reason that I would stop using it anytime soon.

My job requires me to pay close attention to the amount of time spent on each activity, so I've enjoyed the ability to actually track my progress without using pen/paper. It's just incredibly convenient for me to carry out that task of my job.

Project Manager
Business Supplies and Equipment

"Timecamp rocks!!!!"

What do you like best?

Timecamp is awesome software that suits not only organizations and also individuals. If you are looking for time managing application do not waste your time with others, try Timecamp and use your time more wisely. TImecamps provides perfect tools for managing your time more effectively and more useful. Features are just amazing.

What do you dislike?

I can't say any things which is not working properly, because every tools and features is working so well. Design is also good. But I don't like customer service. Sometimes it can take a long time to get answer about anything. But am saying again there is no any bad tool or something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timecamp is best in its field. It is really bet way to deal with deadlines and spend your time wisely. You will see difference after using it.

Time is most important thing in our life, if you can manage your time more wisely you can do whatever you want. So Timecamp can be useful for you.

TimeCamp Features

9.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.5*
* Time Tracking Category
Do you work for TimeCamp?