Thomson Reuters

3.5

Enabling a reduction in internal control deficiencies, streamlining inefficient business processes and implementing a proactive approach to risk management

Work for Thomson Reuters?

Learning about Thomson Reuters?

Compare Thomson Reuters to Similar Solutions

Thomson Reuters Reviews

Ask Thomson Reuters a Question
Showing 19 Thomson Reuters reviews

"Awful Experience"

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like about TR products. I should have learned my lesson years ago when I used one of your services to design my web page. The first thing that happened on launch was receipt from the State Bar about how the site was not in compliance with State Bar requirements following which I was forced to take it down to avoid disciplinary action.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion TR's sales technics are misleading. They sell what they want to sell, not what you need. Having signed their contract after repeated assurances, they refuse to cancel and locked in for the full year. Then they have the audacity to show that a credit balance on my account is 28 days past due. What??

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not get fooled by the nice sales person.

Benefits are few. On point searches produce either results too numerous to count or no results at all. Researchers take way too long. Often, one is led back to products outside of your subscription for which you would then pay more.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Thomson Reuters

"Deception, and horrible customer service"

What do you like best?

I really have nothing good to share about my recent experience, which is still ongoing.

What do you dislike?

They sent me a product I did not order. Then when I tried to return it, I got the run around. Some of the people I spoke to were nasty, others were nice, but still could not help. One even admitted they got the product back, but unless I could provide a tracking number, I would still be billed. I was able to provide the number, now I have to wait for an email confirming the invoice will be deleted. It's ok, I've waited 4 months, 6 emails, and 17 phone calls already to get this far in the process, what's one more email?!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think twice; if you think you will need customer support or issues with billing, I would suggest trying another company.

This was a simple reference manual I was trying to return. I purchased, and paid for one manual, and they sent me a second one. Now they want to sell me a tax program! They can't even fix this, and I should buy tax software from them, and hope I never need any help.

What GRC Platforms solution do you use?

GA
G2 User in Accounting

"Ultra-Tax"

What do you like best?

One feature I like as a preparer/reviewer is how if I'm unsure of where an input sheet is, I can go to the official forms view, click on the line that a number should be, and Ultra tax will direct me to the correct input form

What do you dislike?

Sometimes while preparing state returns, I have to re-enter the Federal information. Sometimes various elections aren't easy to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thomson Reuters is a good company, the support system is very strong and quick to help with finding solutions. It is a sophisticated software that I can usually trust.

I'm using Thomson Reuters to prepare tax returns for private and business clients. The benefits I've realized are being to able to produce high quality tax returns and schedules as well as prior year comparison tables to review any major variances between multiple years. The comparison tables help in quickly identifying major changes, which may signal the need for more detail from the client or a more thorough review in that particular section of the return.

User in Law Practice

"One Source: Imagine What Thomson Reuters Can Do For You"

What do you like best?

Diversity. This multinational mass media and information firm is cross listed on NYSE and Toronto Stock Exchange. It operates in more than 100 countries, and has over 45,000 employees. It offers integrated and intelligent information for businesses and professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property, and science and media markets.

What do you dislike?

Old-fashioned hierarchical culture still exists in pockets making adoption of innovations slower than one might like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thomson Reuters offers trusted legal products and services that help lawyers find relevant information quickly. Thomson Reuters enhances lawyer and law office staff productivity, increases firm's bottom line, and improves response time to clients and colleagues. Can tailor Thomson Reuters services to meet firm and scope of practice needs at price points based on types of resources required and number of attorneys and staff in one's practice.

Rely on Thomson Reuters industry-leading legal technology, law books, investigative tools, and professional services to help deliver trusted answers to clients and colleagues.

Anthony I.

"Quick financial info"

What do you like best?

Provides up to date market information. We use it as a supplement to Bloomberg as it does have information that Bloomberg does not.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike about Reuters! There can be some instances of time lags but that's typical of many services.

Financial information that we can get quickly. Reuters allows us to get accurate market information in a timely manner.

User in Law Practice

"Very Personable Company"

What do you like best?

Thomson Reuters representatives are very knowledgeable about the products offered by the company. Additionally, as someone who previously worked at Thomson Reuters, it is a company I loved working for.

What do you dislike?

I do not know if there is anything I can say that I dislike about Thomson Reuters. Perhaps what I dislike most is that the parking lot fills up very quickly at the Eagan, Minnesota location.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend working with Thomson Reuters, both as a customer and as an employee.

Thomson Reuters offers Westlaw products which I have and currently use for legal research purposes. This includes legal support from attorneys working at Thomson Reuters.

G
G2 User

"Unbiased, digestible news paired seemelessly with market data"

What do you like best?

I use Thomson One, where I can read full news stories, get real time updates on events, and access market data. I love that it is all in one place and reliable.

What do you dislike?

There are so many functions on the platform, I was there was easy access to training modules for all its uses.

As a wealth management advisor, our team relies on the equity and option market data for accurate trade quotes. We also use the top news page to stay current on events that clients ask about.

"Pleased with the software."

What do you like best?

The ease of use is very good with this software. It is very straight forward and you can learn the system very quickly. It has many functions that are useful that did not exist in previous systems.

What do you dislike?

Swapping to a cloud based version of the software makes for some lagging in data entry, besides that there really are no dislikes for this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For accounting work this truly is a great system to try. One of the best that I have seen.

Using this software makes it easy to produce financial statements for clients

UO
User in Oil & Energy

"Very Frustrating at Times "

What do you like best?

I like the searching tool of the program.

What do you dislike?

Our program is so slow at times, requiring me to contact customer support constantly as some things that should clearly pop up in searches do not. Making a report one day is completely different making a report the next day, things never seem to work properly!

We are using a few of the tax software. The benefits are... they are still better than the previous program we were using.

UA
User in Accounting

"Good research, templates, and checklists for internal audit"

What do you like best?

This is a complete tool that has templates, audit programs, and an overall training program and guide. It is a good starting point for anyone building an internal audit function from the ground-up.

What do you dislike?

Annual fee seems to be very significant for very limited updates to material, changes, or new tools/resources. I would like to see more of that. For example, I know other tools send out a weekly or monthly update email noting the changes to material or tools for users to check out the new content. It would be nice if Thomson Reuters notified you of changes to prove they are adding value each time you pay for your annual subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good starting point for anyone building an internal audit function from the ground-up. This resource has complete audit programs that can be tailored to your needs, printed, or completed and saved online through the tool. There is a really great internal audit manual that is instrumental in determining where to start when developing a new internal audit function for your company. This is comparable to the guidance published by larger organizations in helping to develop the strategy, focus, and procedures for the internal audit function.

We have not historically had an internal audit function, so this tool is proving to be a great resource library in building this role. The internal audit manual is helpful in guiding the strategy and procedures for this role.

"Room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

There are several great features- a lot of potential there.

What do you dislike?

It’s flawed when it comes to organization- not the most user friendly.

Group communication & organization. Legal research as well.

"Excellent trading platofrm for advisors"

What do you like best?

Everything is integrated for a financial advisor/stock broker.

What do you dislike?

Certain functions are only turned on if your firm pays extra for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have the power to do so, urge your broker -dealer to use Thomson Reuter's vs anything you are using now.

I was able to quickly find client accounts, discuss the markets, look at charting for stocks/funds instantly, and place trades without switching to a different system.

User in Legal Services

"Great Options"

What do you like best?

I liked the vast amount of products available to the consumer, to customize for your firm. Cloud based is great.

What do you dislike?

It can seem a bit boggy when using at peak times, because it is cloud based.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is a great product, that is currently expanding their products to suit the needs of the consumer in the legal field, specifically.

We were looking to find an all-in-one product to coordinate cases, files, documents, and marketing.

"great platform for online application process"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy for the job application process with smooth transition

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much about it to dislike. It just works fine

I use it for my job applications and manage them effectively in a single place

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

This is a great product for tax, planning, write-up, fixed assets, and all of you accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. It is a great product to use.

This helps keep my accounting operation running smoothly.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"The Clear Reports are not Acurate"

What do you like best?

The on boarding as a customer was very quick

What do you dislike?

We were informed that we need to pull reports and conduct multiple searches (separate court searches) to confirm the data at additional cost.

Background checks

"Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

It is an extremely helpful research platform for legal research.

What do you dislike?

There are no rewards programs unlike their competitors.

Legal research/issues

UF

"Thomson Reuters Previous User"

What do you like best?

Very good access to research reports and easy to operate.

What do you dislike?

Very hard user interface for estimates and excel integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think CapitalIQ is a superior solution.

Forecasting and researching companies.

UF

"Basic, and the price reflects that"

What do you like best?

The data is enough to do basic financial analysis, but it is less clean than some of the other tools.

What do you dislike?

The breadth of data is not as impressive as Capital IQ or Factset. It is the cheapest option from what I have seen.

Financial analysis and corporate development

Learning about Thomson Reuters?

* We monitor all Thomson Reuters reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Thomson Reuters to Similar Solutions