thinQ Reviews & Product Details

thinQ Overview

What is thinQ?

thinQ offers a "better way" to power voice and SMS/MMS text messaging applications in the cloud, get up and running fast with our new, integrated thinQ io portal or APIs. We make it easy for SaaS and UCaaS platforms, enterprise contact centers plus telecom VoIP providers to bring your own 40 high-quality carriers to Twilio, Nexmo, Plivo, SignalWire or any SIP connection. Use our APIs to add and control your inbound and outbound voice and texting features in your existing tech stack in minutes, save on your cost of goods, connect to existing SIP providers, improve call delivery and quality, and more. Our now fully-integrated thinQ.io Web platform also makes it easy to buy and port phone numbers, create route profiles and trunks, enable text messaging, and more. Add call-specific analytics and SIP ladders along with our five-star support team to mitigate and route around outages, create custom routes and blocks, and more – and you've found a "better way" to communicate. Purchase phone numbers for inbound voice, route outbound domestic, toll-free, and international calls. Plus scale your text messaging communications with A2P SMS/MMS. Our Least Cost Routing (LCR) engine and database features – Location Routing Number (LRN), Caller Name (CNAM) and E911 – ensure that you're properly routing across our 40 high-quality carriers and paying the best price for every call.

thinQ Details
Discussions
thinQ Community

thinQ provides complete control over every aspect of a business' inbound and outbound communications within a powerful cloud platform.

thinQ’s APIs and integrated io platform are easily connected to your current tech stack with little or no dev lift. We'll improve your call quality/performance while saving you time and money, maximum up-time with 40 layers of carrier redundancy, all without filing a support ticket. Our enterprise-grade technology scales with you to handle tens of millions of minutes and messages a month.

Twilio and other providers charge a flat rate above and beyond the cost calls. With thinQ least cost routing you can connect to and manage multiple carriers based on criteria including calling area, call quality, time-of-day with 40 tier-1 carriers at your disposal.

We understand your need for call quality, network controls, and monitoring. That’s why we designed our platform to deliver unparalleled transparency and control over your call routing. Plus give you access to our veteran support team when you need them.

thinQ

thinQ Reviews

Showing 45 thinQ reviews
Already have thinQ?
Owner
What do you like best?

Tech support has been very easy to work with and has helped me with problems that are even on my end. Just because they saw it was "not their problem" did not stop them from helping. Everyone else was great to work with as well, and was very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd appreciate more flexibility with pricing. Even though they worked with me some, I could imagine more flexible terms to help. Even so, I have no doubts that they are worth the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They helped me as I transitioned off of one cloud based telephone system to another, and made the process as painless as it could be from their end. I almost felt bad that everyone wanted to help and I had so few issues to bring up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Client Services
What do you like best?

Having a flexible interface where you can choose the provider that you are utilizing at that moment is quite powerful. Having the ability to switch away from a provider having acute issues is critical to a business that cannot afford any telephony service issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Some of the most advanced features like auto-switching to other more expensive circuit rates can impact the wallet, but it's a fair trade off for not having service interruptions. Hard to put a price on customer satisfaction and perception! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have premise based telephony, you should at the very least consider thinQ. They likely support your telephony provider in their partners anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our clients are solving service issues by having the flexibility to leverage many different providers through just one service and interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It's a tie between their prices, transparency and customer service. Their customer service has been phenomenal. Starting with the sales team and ending with their technical support, I don't know if I've had a better experience with a company in a long while. I'm a smaller client as well, barely meeting the monthly minimums and they have been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing notable thus far. The only (minor) downside is the requirement of an annual contract and a small minimum monthly commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was having reliability issues where I was handling my inbound and outbound calls before. ThinQ has helped me solve that, and also allowed me to lower my costs for handling TFNs for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Señor Engineer
What do you like best?

The limits and fraud protection that Thinq provides is top notch. They alert us and shut down fraud almost immediately when it happens thus saving us thousands in fraud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They don't drop active calls so if the fraud is already happening you can get a negative balance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving being able to reach any place in the world by phone. There is not many areas we cant reach now. They are quick with support as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The customer service has been fantastic in helping get us setup. Once it was setup everything has gone really smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The API documentation was not clear on specific limits and information. Talking with the customer service team they were able to address them quickly but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Text messaging is what we've been using thinQ for and it's saved us a lot in costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Our account manager and customer success manager have been readily available for all help and support we've required, on hand without delay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

International telephony has not been of the highest quality and we've had to block more than half of the carriers in thinQs network. There are less than ten, so this feels riskier than we'd like, but the remaining carriers perform well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Save costs on calls made via Twilio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Their interface is incredibly easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It's easy to see what you're using and where you're at within the portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We like the ability to include specific, and certain carriers on specific routes when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Their product is a quality product when it comes to the SMS and voice messaging world, which is a world I know far too well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I actually love their product and think it is one of the better ones on the market Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont be afraid to integrate this with other SMS tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for a valuable product for our SMS messaging and think has done a great job to fulfill our demand Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like that it is very cheap and easy to review call log and detail info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That CDR'r is separate file for each day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LCR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

First off I loved that the sales guy wasn't pushy which is a big plus in starting a relationship. Once they setup my account they gave me test credit to see how well the services worked, we forgot to test the service and my sales rep nicely reached out to make sure we didn't need any help. Since then the customer support has been top notch and we haven't any problems with them or their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is a small stupid thing which they said they are working on. I dislike that there are 3 portals, one for incoming, one for outgoing and one for support, last time I talked to them they were working on combing them or making them work better together. Lots of other providers have the portals split up and seems like more a norm in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your looking to use ThinQ I recommend that you read the documentation and understand VoIP terms and how SIP works. For all questions be sure to utilize the support they are very friendly, get back in a timely manner and know the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I solved with ThinQ was that I wanted to use rates from several different carries without have separate accounts for each carrier. With ThinQ I get access to their routes and rates without signing into 12 different accounts and downloading 12 different rate decks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Admin
What do you like best?

Powerful & granular self service tools that allow absolute control over call routing in an immediate fashion. LCR route profiles and blocks have become essential tools. They also appear to be reinvesting in their network to improve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like better pre-built reporting on inbound and outbound costs. The data is there, but some of it requires export and manipulation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We moved to thinQ after being unhappy with the reliability and voice quality of other providers. Not only did we resolve those issues by going with them - we realized cost benefits, as well as much more control and options in call routing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
What do you like best?

ThinQ provides great service using a model that most would envy. Easy to use, great pricing, and excellent support. The staff isn't afraid to share technical deals, and are transparent about their processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is split into outbound and inbound and operate as separate systems, for many this is ideal but for me i would prefer a single portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you won't find a lower cost provider that's more reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ThinQ is our primary telephone service provider, and it's good enough to resell their service to our customers. highly reliable and low cost, it doesn't get any better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director Business Operations
What do you like best?

Since I started my service with ThinQ everything was a breeze. Starting with API connectivity for my platform to the customer service I have received, was exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You rarely comw across a service which you don't have any issues. Well, that is the case of ThinQ. Not only three service is great, but also their customer service. I am really happy with the service provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Versatile, great rates, and superb customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DID numbers for our Virtual office system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

ThinQ has awesome service and unbeatable rates! I’ve taken my phone bill from about $600 a month down to $10 a month! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setup is slightly complex. Especially if you don’t have a back group in voice over IP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have someone on staff who knows voip! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have realized huge cost savings and gotten moved from a phone system that has been in place for 20 years that didn’t even have voicemail to a modern and current phone system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Their customer service is the best in the VOIP service providers that I am aware of. They not only have a great ticket system but also telephone support as well. This is quite rare in VOIP companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had some problem with their international calls. Even though it may work now but the cost is still not the best. Another issues is for out-going calls, they need static IP address. This will be a problem if you don't have one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good customer service, reasonable pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After I signed on ThinQ, I transferred my main DIDs to them. This works very well. I don't have my DID issues anymore as in the previous cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Operations Manager
What do you like best?

The support staff at THINQ are wonderful to work with. In part due to the knowledge test that they required when we first started using THINQ, when we contact support they know that we can provide them the information and they provide us the tools to resolve issues fast and reliably. We built our own soft switch loosely based on Freeswitch. When we started having some random errors and "dead air" calls, The THINQ support staff were able to review pcap files and quickly identify the issue and point our programmers to a reliable and permanent fix. Thank you to the staff and support persons for their knowledge and willingness to work with us as peers, instead of clueless consumers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any things I don't like. We have worked with management, sales and technical staff to let them know about rough or "chunky" interface issues. It took a little time but the interface has greatly improved. There are still some sorting and filtering tools that I would like to see in the web interface, but they are far from being anything that stops me from doing what I need to do to support our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to speak with the support and porting staff. They are easy to contact and more than willing to help you get started and to continue assisting you in your needs. Never pushy, always helpful and wonderful to work with. What's not to like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

THINQ is our primary origin and termination provider. We aggregate services from small and medium business customers, mainly in the medical professions. The ability to interface with their support staff has helped greatly in our porting process to get clients off of absurdly expensive and in some cases unreliable providers and provide reliable, balanced access services to our customers in all facets of the VoIP telecommunications world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Administrator
What do you like best?

The simplicity of how the ordering of Numbers and setup of routing lines can be. Also how thinQ is a reputable brand and company that stands with its product to give excellent support. They have helped with implementation of their system with me and my team. Striving to resolve issues I had previously had each time made the experience that much better and more confident in the knowledge they were and are a company to be worked with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The con I see is the two systems are not combined as one at this time. I have been waiting for a year to have this done but it has not been completed with a proper portal. The two systems currently cause an issue where money has to be provided to both not keep the cash in one spot to make it easier, thus a one stop payment is not available at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have excellent pricing and a system that is on the cusp of being great. By working with them you should be able to meet your goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reselling VoIP systems to numerous clients who need request it. The efficiency this creates and cost effectiveness of working with a simple solution. We have call centers outside of the states, this allows us to route without much effort thru thinQ's phone ordering and routing, to make it easier and more reliable to help our clientele. This clientele relies on us to have the best prices and offerings to them in a competitive market and thanks to thinQ we are able to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim McLain of thinQ

Appreciate your comments and being a valued thinQer. Quick update that thinQ io is now live, integrating our inbound, outbound, and messaging solutions - and billing - into one comprehensive portal. Add in a full set of APIs (outbound is the latest addition) and the days of multiple logins is over. Enjoy!

Director of Web Services
What do you like best?

They are very communicative. I've had a couple issues setting up my equipment, but they were extremely helpful and provided solutions to meet my needs. I am very pleased with the ongoing support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their origination and termination products are disjointed, but they are working on that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've saved a ton of money! Great alternative to Twilio and cheaper than many other VoIP providers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

We like that they provide good quality termination with great support that is very responsive. They have plenty of flexibility on configuring your SIP endpoints and controlling the carriers that you send traffic to. They also have great fraud controls and alerts. The diagnostics in the portal let you see SIP traces when trying to investigate calls. We've met some of their staff at trade shows and they were very friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about them. We've been using them for a long time and really haven't had any major issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our customers are primarily businesses that expect high quality international calling. With thinQ we've been able to provide great quality international termination to our clients at great prices. Our traffic uses least cost routing and they are usually getting most of the traffic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

partner
What do you like best?

I like having the different call path options instead of being stuck with 1 that could potentially go down or have bad service. Being able to route for the best path is a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having 2 portals to manage incoming and outgoing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having great voip service and lower communication costs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to limit how much you spend on each call and how you can manage routes extremely easy. They also have great customer service if you have any issues, they are the best I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are really not many downsides I can think of while typing this out. We rarely have any issues with them and they will even help troubleshoot after hours to make sure customer issues are resolved. No issues here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to send calls over multiple routes is the best bang for the buck. If a carrier is having issues you can simply block it and then continue throughout your day. Updating carriers takes about 5 minutes but it works very well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helpdesk Technician
What do you like best?

We receive a reliable and quality service for the product that we use. In the past, we have dealt with phone carriers that were unavailable in times of urgency. Since moving to thinQ that has not been an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of yet, we have not experienced any negative aspects of using the thinQ service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have remedied issues that we had previously experienced with phone carriers in the past. Since moving services to thinQ, we have not had those issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like the fact you can add and remove numbers through an api and an easy to use web portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't think there is anything I dislike right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out thinQ for a complete solution for your telecom needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am having an issue with our carrier that we have had for 7 years. They are billing us incorrectly and refusing to fix the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The level of granular flexibility for daily and cost per minute termination calls has saved us thousands of dollars over the years. The reliability of the service and the features made available via the web platform or direct from live support staff makes providing VoIP Services very manageable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of problems.. The additional of origination services by ThinQ is something we will consider in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Moving termination traffic to ThinQ is straight forward and will provide a good level of confidence in the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reliable termination calls for 30+ locations and worry free international call termination through per minute and per day spend limits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

manager
What do you like best?

Easy to sign up and easy to use portal. Sales person was knowledgeable and followed up all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

pricing is a bit high if you are pushing a lot of minutes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a carrier that uses reliable partners you found what you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to reroute calls to a new IP address. They aggregate good companies. Should be good to use for fax Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for thinQ?