The Weather Company

4.0

The Weather Company, an IBM Business, is the world's largest private weather enterprise, helping people make informed decisions- and take action- in the face of weather. The company offers the most accurate, personalized and actionable weather data and insights to millions of consumers and thousands of businesses via Weather's API, its business solutions division, and its own digital products from The Weather Channel (weather.com) and Weather Underground (wunderground.com).

Work for The Weather Company?

Learning about The Weather Company?

The Weather Company Reviews

Showing 12 The Weather Company reviews
The Weather Company review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Intuitive and helpful"

What do you like best?

I love the interface, and I love how easy it is to toggle between all of my saved locations. All of the information I'm looking for at-a-glance is at the top, with a helpful chart of weather over time, and I can do a deeper dive into allergy conditions and a radar forecast by scrolling down.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the map with the radar forecast never works for me. This usually isn't an issue, but it can become bothersome during large storms and rain showers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Easy to use, intuitive experience.

I work with a planning team on outdoor events from time to time, and this helps us adjust our schedule if weather becomes an issue. Also, I use this in internal communications during storms and related catastrophic events to see which branch locations may be impacted.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about The Weather Company
The Weather Company review by Aci C.
Aci C.

"One of the most accurate out there "

What do you like best?

How the it allows me to plan ahead or spur of the moment driving to and from work as I can have a emergency appointment. The weather details are spot on down to the zip code. There is no need to obtain my local weather any other way as this is the most efficient. Weather-based points of interest as another plus.

What do you dislike?

I suppose the details can be a bit confusing at times for some users.

Transportation based on weather helps to optimize and adjust on the fly. Safety first!

What Other Analytics solution do you use?

The Weather Company review by Bernice Janine S.
Bernice Janine S.

"Reliable source for weather"

What do you like best?

The platform is very commendable, it's user-friendly. It gives up-to-date information about the weather and I use this application not only at work but also personally.

What do you dislike?

None at the moment. So far the weather forecast provided has been pretty reliable.

Definitely with information about the weather, businesses may be more efficient in certain areas. For those with delivery services, I believe the application would be a great help.

The Weather Company review by Berenice R.
Berenice R.

"Great company, great souce of information"

What do you like best?

Access to multiple key places for weather forecasting and information technology.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything, there are my great things about the weather company.

We are able to schedule tours and events based on the information on their website.

The Weather Company review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Programmatic Sales Team"

What do you like best?

I’ve been working with weather.com programmatic sales team for a year and a half now. They make it so easy to plug into their inventory and their supply is very viewable and scalable.

What do you dislike?

Being the premium publisher they are, their cpm rates were raised bringing down their cost efficiency for our advertisers

Premium, scalable, viewable video inventory. Our advertisers love weather.com because it is brand safe and performs well against their KPIs

The Weather Company review by User

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is. It is very imforative and helps my company decide on air flights. It is accurate and helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's a little difficult to a cess

We are setting dates and times according to weather. It is very trustworthy

The Weather Company review by Administrator

"Excellent resource and partner"

What do you like best?

Easier to work with organization with accurate and timely information and technology.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the service was more user friendly and less intrusive.

We received timely monitoring and information for our staff and consumers. However, as a non-profit organization, we have opted for a more local service.

The Weather Company review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Use of product in office "

What do you like best?

Used product for real estate weather checks for progress reports

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate would like a tutorial on producf

Establish climate for portfolio of a real estate firm. Keeps us up to date on previous dates and future dates

The Weather Company review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Better chance for correct information "

What do you like best?

When making important decisions regarding closures, transportation, etc. this application allows for more accurate information and better decision making in return.

What do you dislike?

You are still predicting the unpredictability of Mother Nature.

Better decisions on closings and transportation.

The Weather Company review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"The weather company"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and understand and navigate

What do you dislike?

Itis loads kind of slowsometimes. At times its loads so slow the screen crashes

It helps plan the day and its appointments

The Weather Company review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The Weather Company Review"

What do you like best?

I like the interface. It's very intuitive and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can take too long to load.

Placement of advertisements and what's clickable.

The Weather Company review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Slow"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easily navigatable, easy menu settings

What do you dislike?

It is a slow operating system with slow capabilities and widgets

N/a

Learning about The Weather Company?

* We monitor all The Weather Company reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.