The Raiser's Edge Reviews & Product Details

What is The Raiser's Edge?

The Raiser’s Edge is widely-used donor management and fundraising product. It offers data maintenance tools including record finders, a mobile database app, and an automated deduplication process. The product also possesses fundraising tools such as email marketing, campaign management, and revenue forecasting.

The Raiser's Edge Screenshots

The Raiser's Edge Profile Details

The Raiser's Edge Profile Details

Blackbaud
Description
Serving the nonprofit and education sectors for 30 years, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) combines technology and expertise to help organizations achieve their missions.
1981

Primary/Secondary Education
Most Recent The Raiser's Edge Video Review
Business Systems Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Raiser's Edge has pros and cons"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge has a wide variety of fields available to capture data about our constituents, gifts made to our organization, events we hold, volunteer data, and more. It can be customized, to a certain extent, to fit the needs of various organizations. Please note that in this review I am only referring to the database view of RE 7.96, not the webview of NXT.

What do you dislike?

The database view is old-fashioned and not intuitive to our users. While it has a lot of amazing functionality, the interface discourages the standard user from utilizing all of the features available to them. Our database is hosted by Blackbaud, which presents its own challenges. The hosted database is slow, and having it hosted by Blackbaud also causes issues with integration to other software, as that is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The new Raiser's Edge interface, RE NXT, is fabulous. Blackbaud plans to eventually move the entire product over to the new interface.

Raiser's Edge allows us to manage our constituents and steward our donors. It allows us the ability to prospect for new donors and track our activities.

Digital Communications Coordinator
Political Organization

"Effective but not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge offers a great experience for my nonprofit. We are able to store all the information about our donors in one place and access the information easily. This makes building a relationship with our donors much easier and ensures that our 30 employees in development are able to keep up with what everyone else is doing.

What do you dislike?

When we upload new gifts to RE often it will not catch duplicate profiles. We deal with thousands of donors and hundreds of gifts a day so often it is not possible for us to catch when duplicate profiles are made. While RE does offer a duplicate constituent manager tool it is not as thorough as I would like. Additionally, the search function in RE is often difficult to use and does not always produce the results I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The duplicate constituent manager tool should be more thorough in detecting duplicate profiles. Currently it will only search a portion of the database at a time which causes us to send duplicate mailings to our donors.

We are able to easily access records of our donor's and save our correspondence with these donors in a meaningful way. This makes it much easier to access previous correspondence with our donors and ensure that we have all relevant and important information when communicating with them . Our team uses RE to communicate with each other as well. We use the notes function to keep each other accountable and ensure we are following up with our donors.

Marketing & Communications Director
Public Relations and Communications

"Difficult to use and understand"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I'm not sure if I can really give an example of what I like best. It does have all of our donors in the same place which is nice. I think there's a lot more that we aren't able to use because we haven't been trained. We do like its ability to pull reports on our donors, but actually pulling the reports has proven difficult as well.

What do you dislike?

It's really difficult to use. It also looks like it was created when windows computers were first made. We use mac's primarily, which doesn't work well with Raiser's Edge. You have to pay for training and it's expensive. They do have a lot of videos and information online which helps. It's just very difficult to actually learn how to use the product to it's full potential. Building reports is difficult with this product, as well as integrating with products not in the Blackbaud family. IT also took us months in order to get a new user on the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd look around before actually purchasing this. The company seems to over-promise and under deliver. Also remember that you will have to purchase additional training in order to use the product fully. We currently aren't able to utilize a lot of its capability because our users have not had training. The training costs an additional $3-5K. So keep that in mind when purchasing this product.

We're able to have all of our donor information in one place.

Grants Writer

"Reliable and robust"

What do you like best?

I have used The Raiser's Edge since 2005. It's extremely customizable, user-friendly, has robust reporting and exporting features. The queries off advanced searching capabilities. You can do almost anything with RE. The ease of data entry, letter generation, financial tracking is a plus. I have been a longtime fan and have been hesitant to move to Blackbaud LCRM simply because I had become very used to RE.

What do you dislike?

Sadly, RE is a bit of a dinosaur that probably can't compete with cloud-based solutions for much longer. Remote access is not readily available. It lacks a sophisticated method to send emails or other communications. A knowledgeable administrator is required to set up and manage the system, and it can be rather expensive with a monthly support fee. Because of this, Blackbaud LCRM does appear to be a very good option to upgrade to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While Raiser's Edge is the original top-shelf fundraising CRM, look to something more updated like Blackbaud LCRM.

Donor and donation tracking, prospect management, volunteer tracking, letters and mass mailings, constituent life cycle.

Special Education Teacher
Higher Education

"Ideal for all kinds of collections."

What do you like best?

This tool is, ideal, for all types of storage, and correct distribution of information, of any kind, ideal for use in different entities, where collections of money are made for different uses, in a way, orderly, and allocating funds, in the necessary percentages, to every need that is needed.

What do you dislike?

It may seem a bit old-fashioned, the design of this application, is similar to programs that were used a couple of years ago, where the design was a second-hand case, a bit robust, and little intuitive, difficult to understand the handling, for new users, but over time, it improves a lot.

The different donations received by our institution are sent to a database, where they are distributed in different categories, to allocate the use of these, to more specific improvement processes, and thus give a better profitability to each of them.

Manager of Advancement Services
Fund-Raising

"Industry Leading fundraising software"

What do you like best?

Raisers Edge is robust, customizable, and overall works well. There is a tremendous amount of info and support available via the knowledgebase. Also the training packages are well worth it.

What do you dislike?

Event and Prospect/Proposal Modules are poorly designed in that they don’t rise to the same full record level as other type as of records in RE. Event module is clunky and not intuitive. Their cloud based hosting in incredibly unreliable in certain regions. Product updates for hosted clients are forced on them without allowing customer to schedule the update within a timeframe window.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that you have adequate training for all staff as well as a dedicated DBA or Database Manager to maintain a healthy database.

It is an effective tool forctracking constituents, relationships, and giving history. The customization available via custom attributes is helpful.

Development Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Powerful Fundraising tool that requires in-depth knowledge"

What do you like best?

Re is able to capture a wealth of information and is quite customizeable to a nonprofit's needs. With a database manager who is adequately equipped and trained to utilize its full potential, it's a powerful tool. RE does have many plug-ins, which prove useful for such functions as prospecting, managing volunteers and setting up fundraising proposals.

What do you dislike?

RE is clunky and pulling reports and analyzing its data is not intuitive for front line fundraisers. Fortunately this is being rectified in the NXT module. Furthermore, integration into other workplace tools, such as Outlook, is not seamless, making recording actions and next steps cumbersome and redundant.

Re is an industry leader in fundraising CRM. The product is allows non-profits a central location to collect and record data relating to its constituents, from giving records, addresses, background information and more!. Furthermore, the product is hosted in the cloud, which makes it less of a burden on organizational systems and makes it accessible not only in the office, but remotely.

AN

"Intricate and Detailed"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge (RE) is an extremely detailed software program for the nonprofit sector. With the option to include modules for fund raising or other departments (Events, Financial Edge, etc.) RE gives me the tools necessary to successfully track donors via moves management.

What do you dislike?

RE can be tedious with all of the different tabs and tracking systems. However, if your team develops best practices for usage and follows those, then the system can be much easier to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RE is on the high-end as far as cost goes, however, the ability to capture all of the necessary information you can regarding your donors and contact with them will make the investment worthwhile.

RE allows me to track donor giving information, touchpoints from the organization to the donor, identify wealth indicators, major gift proposals, etc. With all of that at my finger tips, I am able to craft very personal asks with much better close rates.

Administrative Assistant

"Love hate relationship"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it can do a lot and for the most part meets our needs.

What do you dislike?

I have a love hate relationship to Raiser's Edge. It has a very, very, very steep learning curve and looks like Windows 2000's interface. However, I know it well, so if you get someone who knows it/or can learn it, it will be useful. I also wish there was more flexibility to design it for how we needed it. I wish I could program into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay for the support and for NXT. You will be very glad you did!

We use it for CRM work and donor tracking(work for a nonprofit).

Director of Advancement
Education Management

"My Frenemy, Raiser's Edge"

What do you like best?

You feel like a goddess when you master a task in Raiser's Edge. I have worked with Raiser's Edge for six years and feel so proud whenever a query, export, or report is run correctly. Mastering Raiser's Edge is like mastering a difficult equation or learning a new language. Once you unlock the peculiarities and mysteries of Raiser's Edge there are few limits to what you can do with your data. I like Raiser's Edge because I know it, and I wrestled with it and came out victorious, but it is certainly not my favorite database system.

What do you dislike?

The gray, clunky user interface. It is 2018 and I cannot figure out why Raiser's Edge has not had a meaningful update to its UI. It is difficult to navigate. The tech revolution of the past decade has swept right past Blackbaud, leaving stuck in the early days of the web. Adding photos or newspaper articles or links to stories should be so much simpler than it is, and are not easy to access.

The program is not intuitive. The program is difficult, and costly, to customize and maintain. Few people in an organization are properly trained on Raiser's Edge and the database, and quality of data, suffers. It is robust, but most of the organizations that use it only take advantage of a fraction of its potential. It is great for tracking fundraising but is lacking on the donor management side of development. Actions are often underutilized and puzzling to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Raiser's Edge will dazzle you if you properly train staff who will be using it and put the time and energy into set up. Like all fundraising relationships, this is not a relationship that can be rushed.

Raiser's Edge is a wonderful tool for tracking fundraising at large and small organizations. Once you invest time in setting up properly you will be able to track contributions across multiple years and campaigns, but it tasks a lot of work in the beginning to get it up and running properly.

"Quirky But Useful"

What do you like best?

I like the use of logic statement for queries. This makes it easier as a programmer to create the queries accurately and efficiently. I can use export to create professional documents to share with my coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like there isn't a data mining feature. I have to export queries and use other software like Excel to do any kind of data mining/analysis. If there were a feature built in, this would allow me to work with the data more quickly and efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend sticking with an not moving on to NXT quite yet. NXT still has a lot of work. I think NXT could be something great, but it still has a lot of track to cover.

Using The Raiser's Edge, I've been able to easily create lists for development officers to identify major gift prospects. Doing this allows the DOs to identify who to ask, what to ask, when to ask, etc.

Team Lead
Fund-Raising

"Best FundRaising"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best fundraising and most popular tool in the non profit segment of the market.It is developed by blackbaud which has given a lot of time in this industry.This is indeed its best creation which is like a heaven for Non profit organization like us to manage fund raising and easily attract donors to donate fund.It is flexible and user friendly and can be customized to meet the requirements of any non profit organization.

What do you dislike?

It is indeed a great fund raising tool and no dislikes for a great non profit fundraising tool in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using The Raiser's Edge for better and customizable experience of better fund raising and donor management and getting the reports of the same very easily.The tool is very much user friendly.

We use blackbaud's 'The Raiser's Edge' for managing donations recieved by us for our NGO and also have customized it according to our use which can be easily done in it.It is best suitable for tracking funds and managing performace of the institute over a duration and get all sorts of reports.It is far more the best fund raising management tool.

Annual Fund Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Raiser's Edge is the go to Donor Management solution "

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge is a top in the industry for Donor Management tools. I have been using this tool for over 8 years now and it's a fairly user-friendly system with great support available almost always. It integrates with other Blackbaud products. They allow you to run detailed reports and queries such as consecutive giving and lybunt, sybunt reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is not always accurate. Sometimes the information such as consecutive years are not as accurate as what's in NXT. The dashboards with lapsed donors, new donors etc are always off by 20 or so compared to the reports and queries. You don't seem to get consistent numbers across all templates and reports, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in NXT which takes the database and places it in the cloud and creates an intuitive, attractive and user-friendly platform. Utilize Blackbaud support and other BlackBaud tools which integrate with Raiser's including online donation forms on Online Express or NetCommunity.

Raiser's Edge has allowed us to keep track of monthly and year to date giving which has increased our donors and lapsed donors. We are able to use target analytics to tap into major giving trends and giving capacity and as a result increase donor giving levels.

"Easy to use donor database"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge is very easy to navigate. The ability to look up constituents by various categories makes it easy to find the right person you are looking for, whether that is a donor, member, volunteer, researcher, etc. Creating gift batches and queries is also very straightforward and I like having the ability to pre-fill in certain funds and codes, which makes the gift entry process that much more quick and efficient. Overall, it provides all the necessary functions in order to successfully manage donors, members, and constituents within a database.

What do you dislike?

There can be importing errors when uploading donations/registrations from a spreadsheet and can be a little time consuming. It also freezes and crashes often, so making sure to save batches and records constantly is very important in order to avoid any loss of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good fundraising/donor database for nonprofit organizations.

It has the ability to provide very detailed data on constituents, such as attributes, notes, relationships, giving history, etc. This makes it easy to follow up with the right constituents to help increase the number of donations, attendees for events, more people seeking out resources from our organization, etc. This ultimately better helps us serve our mission.

Administrative Assistant, Advancement
Higher Education

"Review of Version 7.96.6401.5"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge was created specifically for nonprofit fundraising, so for that reason the customization towards fundraising is helpful. The constituent profiles are geared towards tracking the person's giving, what they give towards, different types of gifts (such as pledges or matching gifts), which helps to understand someone's giving history and patterns. It also provides space for notes and recording actions that the fundraisers have taken with each constituent. There are plenty of other functions as well, so it is actually quite a complex software.

What do you dislike?

The Raiser's Edge is not easy to use at all. The version that we use may simply be outdated - Version 7.96.6401.5, but it looks archaic. It takes quite a bit of time to become familiar with the layout of each profile and where information is stored. The query, export, and report functions also seem overly complicated, compared to CRM's like Salesforce. During my time with my organization, we have made a couple of Raiser's Edge updates. The first was moving to cloud-based storage which added more steps to the log in process but allows for you to access the database remotely. The second is the implementation of RE NXT. RE NXT seems much more modern, however it does not have query/export/report functions so for that reason we are still stuck with the old version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is that you explore other CRM options before settling with The Raiser's Edge, unless they make significant improvements to their software. My guess is that Salesforce's CRM for Nonprofits is a better option. The Raiser's Edge is simply outdated and takes too long to learn.

The Raiser's Edge allows the fundraising department to track thousands of constituents who donate to the school and keep information on them organized. It also allows you to pull reports and exports of specific categories which is helpful for research purposes.

Development Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Raiser's Edge is an essential part of my company"

What do you like best?

I like that Raiser's Edge and RE Nxt can be used together by different parts of our nonprofit. I use the database version to make changes, enter gifts, etc, but the development team at my company uses RE Nxt to log their actions and keep track of constituents. We can accomplish everything we need to, and our development team doesn't have to use the clunky database view in order to keep track of their information.

What do you dislike?

RE Database view could be updated. Also, it would be a great help to my company if more than one person could be "in" the same record or event or gift at the same time. We have several large events per year, and it is not time-efficient that only one of us is able to update the event at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your nonprofit is looking to expand and become one of the top in its field, Raiser's Edge is the software to get it there.

We are able to keep track of what actions are being performed for our donors. We can keep track of our prospects, emails we send, and events that we have. And we aren't even using RE for all of its capabilities.

"Like using a dinosaur to manage constituent data"

What do you like best?

Very little to be liked when compared with other software. However, Raiser's Edge's strength definitely lies in the area of tracking donor engagement and interaction. Additionally, from an administrative perspective, it is helpful to have the ability to limit user editing abilities depending on their role. This helps to keep data clean and editing ability safe in the hands of the correct people.

What do you dislike?

Raiser's Edge is both non-user friendly (requiring hours of in-depth training) and is a relic of the Stone Age. When compared to software like Salesforce, the capabilities of Raiser's Edge are so outdated and lackluster. I cannot even begin to tell you how many painstaking hours I have had to spend manually updating records and information in this system. There needs to be way more options for mass information updating to cut down on manual entry, especially when you are working in a large non-profit organization with thousands of donor records.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to follow the fundraising industry's standard for donor data management, then you want to be familiar with Raiser's Edge. If you want a more user friendly, cleaner software with more capabilities, then you might want to explore other options.

We lean heavily on Raiser's Edge for stewardship projects and relationship management. It is helpful to be able to run reports that show donor giving levels, custom attributes, actions, and relationships all in one place.

"Simple interface, perfect out-of-the-box solution for nonprofits, overall great customer experience."

What do you like best?

RE comes preconfigured with all the tools a nonprofit needs to manage their CRM data. It requires very little additional interaction to maintain aside from general dbs maintenance. Blackbaud does a good job thinking about what their clients need and focusing on integrating solutions that work.

What do you dislike?

As a daily user & dbs admin I really don't have any complaints. Feedback that I've heard from colleagues is that it looks so drab and archaic. Personally, I don't care what it looks like as long as it functions well & RE functions top of its class for any other similar product that I've used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the investment, hads down.

We've maintained a version of RE for that past 30 years as our database of record. That means we are putting donor/constituent info in from various other sources and organizing/analyzing/reporting on that data with the help of RE and its various modules.

Director of Development for Catholic Campus Ministry at The College of William & Mary
Religious Institutions

"Couldn't do my job without Raiser's Edge!"

What do you like best?

Raiser's Edge allows me to build a comprehensive constituent record in order that I never lose sight of the whole person, relying on the many tools it provides to help me care for the donor throughout the donor life cycle. I couldn't cultivate or steward the individuals that support my organization as well without the help of Raiser's Edge. By recording all interactions with individuals, setting actions and reminders, I can acquire new support and boost retention of donors thanks to Raiser's Edge.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as other CRM softwares I've used, but it can be learned quickly and with ease.

With Raiser's Edge, I am able to increase donor engagement and investment in our organization in order to further our mission and cause.

Director for Arkansas
Non-Profit Organization Management

"An Important Tool for Advancement Professionals"

What do you like best?

RE is an easy product to train on. Onboarding new staff members have been a great experience. I enjoy working with our representative as well. We're looking forward to migrating to RE NXT next month. The customizable reports that have been built for our alumni relations team have been very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about the product but I'm excited about the upgrades we'll have with NXT. In our business, where we host an event will make or break attendance. The heat mapping and geo-proximity features will be a big asset to my team. The reports will be much easier to interpret with NXT as well.

RE allows us to know our constituents better. It's easier for us to collaborate with our development colleagues through a history of notes of engagement.

Director of Donor Analytics and Information Management
Higher Education

"I live for using Raiser's Edge!"

What do you like best?

I have used Raiser's Edge since 1992. I enjoy figuring out how to make the software work for what is needed and feel I know the logic of the software. There are so many different ways to use it. Each organization uses it a little bit differently but all-in-all it's user friendly and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

There isn't very much I dislike about it but if I had to choose it would be the limited ways you can export proposals. Of course, I have figured out to work around this but it doesn't make sense that you can't export all of the fields available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Raiser's Edge is the best fundraising product out there. There are many other sources from Blackbaud that are compatible with Raiser's Edge.

I am able to store any and all data to do analytic modeling either for immediate use or definitely for the future. By storing as much data as possible it allows one to see patterns and set them. It is a wealth of information as long as you are putting the data in consistently.

"Keeps our client base organized, but can be glitchy."

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps our client base organized, there are a ton of options for updating each of our constituent records, and it's great for generating reports/summaries.

What do you dislike?

Every time I need to log into this system, I have to log in on the website, and then click raiser's edge, and then launch it from my download bar at the bottom of the site, and then I log in to Raiser's Edge, and it takes a couple of minutes to load - such a process. It also logs out fairly quickly, which is annoying as well. Searching for constituents can be glitchy as well, sometimes you have to type in something very specific to find them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can be glitchy and a bit time-consuming, but I believe this program is worth it.

This program really keeps everything organized and consolidates all of the processes into one program - such as data, communication with our donors via email and mailing addresses for our newsletters and appeals, and any other reporting processes needed.

"Good software to keep track of donors"

What do you like best?

The Raiser's Edge is fairly simple and easy to use. With a quick training, people can catch onto what it's getting at, and it's fairly easy for newbies to pick up.

What do you dislike?

I mean, it's a little complicated, but it kind of has to be to offer the range of options that it does. It also doesn't *look* the best, like the software appears a little dated, but it does fulfill the role we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It definitely does not look the most modern, but it fulfills its function nicely. I have had very few problems using it, and I know our organization values its usage. I have very few critiques to offer, so I definitely wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from it.

It's like a rolodex, but automated. The Raiser's Edge is a fairly good way to keep track of donors and individuals that the organization has come in contact with. It helps us keep track of these interactions and log them in a central location across an organization so we can mitigate our relationship with individuals across several people in the organization reaching out to them.

"Nice in theory but falls short "

What do you like best?

Amount of data it holds and that the system is continuous across all employees.

What do you dislike?

Manual entry & difficult to pull results, searches are not forgiving, if employees don’t fill everything out exactly the same it causes duplicates and I think there should be a way to prevent the entry, also the pop up in the middle of the screen is annoying, it could appear within the main box below the search feature but I continuously have to move it to add info to my excel sheet

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tedious entry process, not ideal to search but does serve a purpose, I think it could do with an overall 2019 upgrade

Compiled donor data- central location for all employees to reference

"Works well to track donors & gifts, but kind of overly complicated and not good for tracking tasks"

What do you like best?

Easy to look up client/donor info and refer to past contacts.

What do you dislike?

RE crashes a lot on our network. If I don’t use it for an hour, I have to reopen. The dashboard is complicated. If you want to use RE for reminders and to keep track of tasks, you kind of have to create your own system and it is a bit clunky. Other task software is much better. We use action detail reports, which work ok. The interface is quite out of date looking. You have to open many windows to get one task done. Queries and reports are difficult to build. For example, the list of options for fields is overwhelming and there’s no way anyone would use half of them.

It is essential that we have a central database to share info in an advancement office that is quite large and has a lot of turnover.

Gift Processing and Database Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Raisers' Edge for Nonprofits"

What do you like best?

What I like about Raiser's Edge is the ease of which I can go from profile to profile and the Dashboards that I set up for my colleagues. Using RE and teaching the different functions to my colleagues is also quite easy.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting tools are a little clunky and repetitive. I don't like the duplicates that get pulled when I run a query. why can't the breakouts of the gift be in the same line, why do I have to use the Export feature to avoid the duplicates?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the reporting and the features are what you want. We also had to increase the number of licenses to allow the team to all use it without kicking anyone out of the software.

We are working on Donor engagement and retention in addition to using it for gift processing. We are beginning to use more of the functions within Raiser's Edge, like Actions and Attributes to help us with the increase in donor engagement.

Major Gifts Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Functional, but efficiency in data entry is lacking"

What do you like best?

Now that I've used RE for a number of years, I'm very comfortable with query, export, reports, building dashboards, and so on, and find these easy and great functional tools to use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

The way RE looks and functions hasn't changed significantly for at least a decade. There is still significant clunkiness in how long data entry that needs to be done on a daily basis can take - like entering actions and notes. Gift entry and upkeep can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around - there are more solutions now, and RE needs to know it has competition.

It has many modules that can be added on to enhance tracking of constituent experiences - volunteer module, events module, etc. It's not only a fundraising software.

UN

"Raiser's Edge"

What do you like best?

Good database to keep gifts, notes, and notes. You're able to put in a lot of information about your donor/volunteer. I like how you can customize your letters and pull several different reports as well as creating mailings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system lags and/or freezes/crashes. It can be difficult logging into the database as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are certain issues that we have with Raiser's Edge such as not being able to log in or launch the software. There are several things you can do with Raiser's Edge, but it can take awhile to get used to it. I suggest taking training classes on Blackbaud to get familiar with certain aspects of the software.

Maintaining donors, having their history and you are able to keep track of them. You can also give yourself actions to see what is necessary such as a phone call, email, etc. Mailings and pulling reports are extremely beneficial. You can see who are your top donors from the years before to see who you should potentially reach out to for your next campaign.

Corporate Relations Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The Raiser's Edge - Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I use query's more than reports -- it's easy to keep them saved, the results come up quickly, no waiting like in other programs.

What do you dislike?

If you need to change a gift or send another acknowledgement letter, it's a longer process than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It gets the job done. I'm sure with more detailed training we could take better advantage of the program. For now, with a small officer and under a few thousand donors, it's working well for us.

It's a way for us to keep track of giving, volunteers, and keep important information. The queries provide the information we need to stay on track of our goals.

Director Of Development