The Harris Consulting Group

The Harris Consulting Group

4.9

Helping Saas organizations to drive revenue and build the sales infrastructure based on your business goals, values, products and ideas is our passion.

Work for The Harris Consulting Group?

Learning about The Harris Consulting Group?

The Harris Consulting Group Reviews

Ask The Harris Consulting Group a Question
Showing 28 The Harris Consulting Group reviews
The Harris Consulting Group review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Richard Harris helped me earn a career, and further my personal sales skills for the SDR role!"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard helped me redo my resume which earned me MANY more call backs from companies. He also helped with answers to interview questions which I had trouble answering. Furthermore, he provided a word to my (now) boss during the interview process which helped a lot; I was able to make a joke to my (now) boss while interviewing that Richard told me to make.

What do you like best?

Personal attention. Richard's accessibility. Mr. Harris also showed vulnerability, and we spoke about things outside of work. The talk about things outside of work helped us connect, and I'd trust Richard with anything.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes took Richard more than a day to respond, but it should be clear I'm searching for something negative to say because of how great my experiences with him have been with him.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Richard is very personable, and will do whatever he can to help you. He went WAY above and beyond what I expected of him.

Resume advice which helped me get a TON more interviews. Answers to questions that I did not know how to answer in interviews. Help with my psyche going into interviews.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about The Harris Consulting Group
The Harris Consulting Group review by Deven P.
Deven P.

"Advice & Coaching from a Pro "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I reached out to Richard to ask his expert advice on what my additional sales training would best compliment my career. We have been connected on Linkedin for years but never had a conversation until now.

What do you like best?

We spoke for 30 minutes, in a collaborative peer-to-peer conversation. He helped me identify the areas I can improve on with both resources from Harris Consulting and other outside sites/agencies. I liked that from the start this wasn't a "sales call" this was two people having a conversation about how to be better at what I love to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, this was a refreshing way to do business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Book a meeting and be ready to ask questions and answer tough questions!

I have transitioned from a company whose focus was SMB and Mid Market to a firm that helps Global 500 companies. The way you approach C-levels at larger organizations has proven to be difficult, which was the reason I reached out.

What Sales Consulting solution do you use?

The Harris Consulting Group review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Personalized, Professional and Perfect Training that makes a real difference!"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We worked with Richard to provide 2 full days of prospecting and discovery training for our full sales team including Account Executives, Account Managers, Inbound and Outbound SDRs and a full day of manager training. In addition, Richard also assisted with review and audit of our messages, tactics, cadences and techniques.

What do you like best?

Richard is a true professional and expert who has been in role and run teams allowing his training methods and program to be grounded in reality and action. He was super easy to work with in preparation to conform the training to our business and needs. Richard allows for relationships to develop (even if the hours have run out) and is always willing to stay connected, respond to emails and questions and offer advice which many reps have taken advantage of since the training was completed. His approach is very easy to learn from ,very interactive, very appropriate for new reps and experienced ones in driving new skills and is very engaging.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing that I can think of... Richard was by far the best trainer and person that I have worked with when using outside resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want practical, professional and consumable training that leads to results, I highly recommend working with Richard.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Value from both sides - management/executive coaching / in the weeds prospecting"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I was hired to scale the SDR team in Chicago quickly. In the matter of about 90 days, I hired 5 inbound SDRs and 5 outbound SDRs. Some had previous sales experience, some were career changers and one was straight out of college. In addition, we had a group of Account Executives (hunters) and Relationship Managers (Farmers) who also needed a brush-up with sales training. Because we had various levels of experience, we had a few challenges: making training relevant to everyone and ensuring that everyone had the foundation upon which to build. Ultimately the goal was to make sure each could speak to the problems that Intercom solves, how to ask questions around that problem to get to that point, and how to use to a deep understand of that persona to be able to craft a message that is personal and effective. Richard kept the content engaging and made sure that it was relevant to both the junior and senior roles.

What do you like best?

A few things that Richard does extraordinarily well (not an exhaustive list)

- Engagement in training, so that it's never boring

- Relevant to all skill levels (the room was both new and experiences AEs, new and experienced SDRs. among others)

- Top notch follow-up

- Willing to speak to your team in team meetings on messaging, ongoing check-ins, etc.

- Richard is dedicated to your success as a company, including sharing and helping us on social media

- Generally a nice and affable personality, will make everyone very comfortable

- Training tailored to your business

- Management coaching

What do you dislike?

Wouldn't have changed anything. Richard's style is so uniquely Richard that I can not "dislike" any part of it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you spend the prep time with Richard so that you get the most out of your time. The more tailored the training is, the better off it will be. Richard is willing to put the time in up front so you should take advantage of that!

The Harris Consulting Group review by Claire M.
Claire M.

"Incredible value for Executive level mentorship"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard and I started working more closely together following the 2018 Surf & Sales summit. As a new executive, I was seeking guidance in a lot of areas and didn't know where to begin. Richard's approach resonates well with me - he can empathize and relate, offers clear practical ideas and advice, but best of all, works with you to craft a solution. I felt heard and helped from each of our calls and much more capable as a new executive than I did previously.

What do you like best?

Richard can relate. He has much more experience than I do, but is able to work with me on my level and relate to my challenges like he went through them yesterday. I always find our conversations rewarding, and as an operationally minded individual, I love that I always walk away with specific tactics to try and new perspectives on my challenges.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about working with Richard! He takes mentorship and consultations seriously, and it's clear he gets a ton of personal intrinsic satisfaction from the work he does.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've gotten to witness Richard work with professionals at all levels of their careers - his ability to care and empathize makes him a great resource whether you are in your first years as a sales or service professional or you are a seasoned executive.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Olivia V.
Olivia V.

"A Perfect Start for a New Sales Rep "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

When I started working with Richard, I had recently been moved into an AE role, which I have no previous experience in. Through my work with Richard, I created a solid foundation that was pivotal in starting out on the right foot. The coaching spanned across the board from call techniques to identifying core pain.

What do you like best?

There wasn't a particular piece of the training that I liked best. It was my first introduction to many of these concepts and it was presented in a very digestible manner. I think the key was having Richard back several times over the months after the training. This made me realize the areas I had been slacking in, how I had improved, and new ideas or techniques that weren't covered in the original training. The Respect Contract is a tool I use daily and that has been very helpful in shaping the way I sell.

What do you dislike?

I have to keep in mind that this was my first sales training and so I have nothing else to compare it to. With that said, there wasn't anything I would have changed about it and found all the pieces really valuable in shaping the way I approach sales.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Robyn C.
Robyn C.

"Excellent Training "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I am part of a Lead Generation Team and Richard provided insightful Sales Training for our entire team, both seasoned and brand new.

What do you like best?

Richard's style kept me captivated and engaged. His humor and his style kept the whole room's attention. I walked away from that training with several nuggets that I can't wait to implement in my day to day tasks. I would sit in on any training Richard Harris had to offer--it is well worth one's time.

What do you dislike?

There was NOTHING that I disliked. Every segment was applicable and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend utilizing Richard Harris Consulting Group. You won't regret it. It is time well spent and you will walk away with something new to implement into your daily tasks.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Lily L.
Lily L.

"Great training with Richard Harris"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard Harris came in to do a large group sales training at POLITICO. He worked with the team of sellers on getting to a yes and making sure we're working with people who are respecting our time and taking the sale seriously.

What do you like best?

He had a great attitude on the training. He liked to engage the group but didn't waste time on small group break-outs. He kept us all together, kept everyone engaged and wasn't overly buttoned up. He had a more casual presence that put us at ease.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information provided didn't align with our sales meetings that are prospected versus inbound but I got the sense he could have easily adjusted the training if he knew that's the information we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend having Richard come to a sales training.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Mike  P.
Mike P.

"Perfect for new as well as veteran sales professionals "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Sales methodology and sales tactic training/services

What do you like best?

I have taken quite a few sales trainings in my past and Richard without a doubt relates to both tenured and newbie sales professionals alike. Richard loves walking thru real world situations and role plays to put the reps in go-time mode. Richard also intertwines the psychological connection between buyers and sellers with modern sales methodologies and tactics. My team is still using the "3 yes" process in the beginning of their prospecting calls!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind. I would recommend Richard for any selling team that needs a new way of thinking or needs a refresher on current selling techniques.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Valuable training session for the whole team"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard ran a 3 hour training session for our Sales team (along with our CEO and some marketing folks) at our 2019 SKO.

What do you like best?

Richard put together a custom training session that met exactly what we were looking for in our SKO. The key themes of his training resonated with everyone from the SDRs, AEs, marketing, and even our CEO and everyone thought it was a highlight of the 2-day kickoff. This was our first time working with Richard and we plan on bringing him back for additional trainings as we grow the team this year.

What do you dislike?

no complaints, just wish we had scheduled him for a longer session!

The Harris Consulting Group review by Carlos B.
Carlos B.

"Excellent Insights Into Sales "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

General Sales Approach and Campaigns. We used the services of Harris Consulting Group to help improve our overall approach to the sales cycle. Additionally, we used specific learnings during real-life sales calls that helped speed up our inside sales campaigns.

What do you like best?

Live sales situation sessions using new techniques. Richard would actively get in the shoes of the prospect and have meeting participants play out a real live sales situation. I found these exchanges to be very beneficial to our Sales Team.

What do you dislike?

"Short sessions." Even though we had 1-hour sessions it felt like time passed by extremely fast. I believe this had to do with Richard's active and lively approach to each meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you spend time with Richard playing out different sales scenarios. This is excellent practice for anyone looking to improve their sales.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Wonderful sales training resource"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Sales training for BDR's, AE's and CSM's. Richard approached the engagement asking lot's of questions as he was genuinely curious to understand not only what we were' trying to solve for but gain a sense of where to start with the team. The team enjoyed their time with Richard as he is engaging, fun, and knows his stuff.

What do you like best?

Richard's training is relevant, current, and representative of industry best practices. He invested time after training to ensure best practices we're adopted and not forgotten in a classroom setting.

What do you dislike?

We we're happy customers and don't have dislikes of mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Richard provides a tailored approach and it's helpful providing him insight into what you're trying to solve for.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Pete P.
Pete P.

"Richard blends his approach into your sales strategy seamlessly"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard helped train our broader sales team, which included a team of 15+ SDRs, 20+ AEs, and 15+ AMs. Our sales team had segmented into a hunter-farmer model in the past year, and was preparing to move upmarket and increase our focus on outbound sales.

What do you like best?

Richard is open to being challenged, and does a good job of working to understand different teams and goals when he's coaching reps. Unlike some sales training philosophies, Richard's open to exploring a new approach as long as reps are tracking their successes and failures.

What do you dislike?

Not much - Richard makes himself really accessible to our team and is always willing to participate in "above and beyond" efforts post-engagement. This level of service and partnership is really helpful to a startup like ours with a fast-growing sales team.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Marissa S.
Marissa S.

"9-5 a Day of Sales Training "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard assisted our sales team in learning and understanding best sales practices. The day was full of listening, asking questions, practicing and understanding how to "sell". Today, our team is implementing some of these tactics in our everyday conversations, e-mails, and phone calls!

What do you like best?

Richard was very educational and helpful in allowing our team to discuss our product/service and how to apply the 'sales training' session to our day-to-day process. I am excited to implement the new e-mail templates, phone call conversations and all that I learned in this day of sales training to my work day!

What do you dislike?

NOTHING! I would definitely do this again and learn more from Richard!

The Harris Consulting Group review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"Great training for both seasoned and newer sales professionals"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We had Richard come onsite to train our sales team on discovery, objection handling, and adding more structure to our calls.

What do you like best?

Richard did a great job of covering training that was most relevant to us. He's revamped some outdated sales methodologies that any org could implement today and see immediate improvements from their team. Regardless of tenure, all our AE's were engaged and found his training valuable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked. I only used Richard once, so for the second training my goal would be to have the session even more tailored to our product.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Thoughtful and Insightful Contributor"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Structuring CS org and launching Consulting org.

What do you like best?

Have worked with the team on multiple occasions across different orgs and departments. Always on the cutting edge of tech tools and able to navigate functional and theoretical territory. Tireless and genuine concern to provide value and service to clients.

What do you dislike?

Small team that should scale more to be able to accept more business from around the world.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Owner/Principal
Owner/Principal

"Richard coaches your team on learnings you can't find in sales books. "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard evaluated our entire Sales org and coached us on specific challenges around messaging and pushing deals stuck in our Pilot pipeline.

What do you like best?

Richards approach works for our team because he challenges the way run our processes, tackles objections and close deals. We literally take specific language Richard says and use them to move deals along, without sounding "salesy"

What do you dislike?

Richard has always been flexible to our team, I don't have experience working with more than 3 sales coaches, but Richard has been the most effective of them all, I have nothing I dislike about his approach. He actively collects feedback for himself (which is rare), and he does this to prevent negative experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Richard will work with you, give The Harris Consulting Group a few shots and evaluate the results for yourself.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Nick L.
Nick L.

"Great training!"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I'm an outbound SDR and Richard trained our team on how to prospect more effectively by building relationships. He also helped AE's do better discovery calls and managing a sales cycle.

What do you like best?

Richard took the time to understand our business prior to the training and understood our specific processes across the AE, SDR, and RM level. He brought actionable tips and methods that we were able to implement into our existing process. AEs and SDRs were using them with success the very next day.

What do you dislike?

Only thing is that two days was too short :)

The Harris Consulting Group review by Milad H.
Milad H.

"Excellent Training for novice and veteran sales reps"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard helped us when we were truly in need of some barebones sales training. This helped both veteran and novice sellers alike. His energy and knowledge created a recipe for success.

What do you like best?

- His Energy

- The Topics he spoke about

- The Interaction with the team

- The real world situations he included

- The fact that he tied the training to our industry/ product

What do you dislike?

He is very "connected" when it comes to technology and tech tools which is amazing. He spoke very highly of many other vendors, which is great. But we can take those topics offline to talk about for the future.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Sales training resource, help call out some of the blind spots we're facing"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard has been onsite with us in Seattle 2-3 times to run full day workshops with our sales team. His charisma and sales acumen adds a ton of value.

What do you like best?

Richards knowledge of the space and best practices has been really helpful to bounce ideas off. He's a pleasure to work with and his 'no BS' approach works great for our culture.

What do you dislike?

We haven't used Richard regularly enough to develop a cadence that builds upon previous training sessions

The Harris Consulting Group review by Mark F.
Mark F.

"Richard provided immense value when he didn't have to"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I reached out to Richard on a cold email with some product market fit questions that we had for our new startup.

Not only did he accept the request (which he didn't have to), but he provided a ton of value for my team.

The meeting actually ended up running over our allotted time slot by 30 minutes. I would highly recommend Richard's advice and guidance for any sales team out there.

We look forward to working with him again in the future, once our team has grown.

What do you like best?

The personalization and quality of content that was provided for our team

What do you dislike?

There was honestly nothing to dislike, we look forward to working with him again in the future.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Team Member in Computer Software
Team Member in Computer Software

"SALES TRAINING"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I've been in sales for over a decade and it never hurts to learn more, stay relevant, and be humble. I was lucky enough for PandaDoc to hire Richard to train our sales team to effectively drive convos to a close.

Sure enough, I listened and applied EVERYTHING he taught us and today I am #1 in stack rank and closed over 200k since our training beginning of this year. Hire him, listen to him, just consult with him and you will see what I am talking about.

What do you like best?

His playbook and his engagement - together they are gold. Some are practical but a majority are necessities; if your sales team do not apply these items, they will lose.

He has helped our sales team grow MRR consistently. If you pass on his services, you will regret it.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see him on a daily basis. We should hire him permanently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend reading his blogs, his contributions and hopping on a call to talk to him. He is a fantastic advisor.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Great SDR training"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard has a great understanding both of the SDR process and of the psychology behind buying decisions. He's not afraid to take teh training process to a deeper level to engage SDRs and force them in to the prospect shoes. This helps SDRs develop empathy while learning tried and true prospecting techniques.

What do you like best?

Richard brings a high level of expertise and energy to each session. He engages each of the SDRs and spends 1x1 time with them after to allow them to guide their learning.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. Richard is a great SDR trainer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Team Member in Computer Software
Team Member in Computer Software

"Engaging training with real takeaways "

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard spent two days with our entire sales organization. The focus was on prospecting but this was a comprehensive training that members of every team (from SDRs to Customer Success Managers) were able to learn from and find key takeaways.

What do you like best?

The flow of the presentation is really well organized and easy to follow. He begins by laying the foundation with basic human tendencies and psychological theories and later gets into the nitty gritty cadences of follow up-email etiquette. He's also completely open minded and acknowledges that everyone has their own style and approach that works for them.

What do you dislike?

There was honestly nothing that I disliked.

The Harris Consulting Group review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"EVP Sales"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

The respect contract is a very important step for us. It will help our teams narrow in on what we would like to accomplish in the meeting and set some boundaries which will be beneficial throughout the rest of the sales cycle.

What do you like best?

The training was interactive and focused around real conversations during the sales process.

What do you dislike?

felt a little cramped...but most was our fault since we had a pretty talkative and engaged group

The Harris Consulting Group review by Team Member
Team Member

"30 Min. Conference Call with Long Lasting Results"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Listened to a 30 minute interactive webinar with Richard and Gabe from AlwaysHired. I tried one of Richard's cold call approaches and within just a calls, it proved successful and I had several new business deals.

What do you like best?

They take a REAL approach. They admit what most managers won't - sales calls/cold calls are difficult no matter how long you're doing them.

What do you dislike?

Just wished the Conference I was a part of could cover more than just the intro to a call...because the value was so good!

The Harris Consulting Group review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Recipe for Lean Mean SDR/AE Machines"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard trained our 10 person SDR/AE team. For some of the less experienced team members, this was their first experience of formal sales training. Both the new and tenured reps learned a lot from his SDR (cold calling) and AE (closing) training sessions.

Richard took us through a number of high-energy training days and was more than happy to do follow up calls with the team to see how we improved/progressed. His biggest impact was in building the confidence of the less experienced members of the team.

If you need to get your sales team to the next level, give Richard a call.

What do you like best?

A personalized approach to the training of the team.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing to dislike.....

The Harris Consulting Group review by Team Member in Information Technology and Services
Team Member in Information Technology and Services

"Great refresher course for our team"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Richard took the time to know our business and processes before he came to offer sales training to our company. His attention to detail coupled with his experience was invaluable.

What do you like best?

Personable, flexible, reasonable, actionable

What do you dislike?

nothing - Richard is a class act and we're looking forward to our next session

Learn more about The Harris Consulting Group

The Harris Consulting Group Videos

Learning about The Harris Consulting Group?

* We monitor all The Harris Consulting Group reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.